The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Keep Bidding – But Another Offer Turned Down

4:36 pm, Wednesday, July 29th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 131 Comments

There is a report in French publication RMC that says Newcastle have made another bid for long term target Florian Thauvin, but that the bid has been turned down by Marseilles, so if the news is true then Newcastle are continuing to try to add new players to the squad.

The report suggests Newcastle bid around €17M for the Frenchman, which is around £12M – and that’s a very decent bid for the 22 year-old French winger.

florian thauvin

Florian Thauvin – Newcastle bid rejected

He signed on at Marseilles for a reported €15M back in the summer of 2013, and that’s about £10.5M, so Marseilles would be making a profit on the player.

It seems like Newcastle would still like to bring in a couple of midfielders this summer, and Thauvin is an obvious target and Graham Carr has been tacking the youngster ever since he was at Bastia and before he signed for Lille in January, 2013.

He never actually played for Lille, since he was allowed to stay at Bastia on loan until the end of that season, and then he joined Marseilles that summer, and let’s just say the Lille fans were not too happy about that.

Lille were tempted to do the deal because they paid only €3.5M for him in January from Bastia, and got €15M for him in early September from Marseilles, a cool profit of €11.5M (£8M) in about seven months.

Newcastle were reported to be interested in signing the player on January, 2013.

Past reports this summer have said Marseilles don’t want to sell because they have already lost three good players this summer in Andre Ayew (Swansea),  Andre-Pierre Gignac (Tigres UANL – Mexico) and Dimitri Payet (West Ham).

There were reports yesterday – that we reported – that Newcastle have also had a bid turned down by AC Milan for 20 year-old French forward M’baye Niang, but there was indication of how much we bid for the youngster.

So Newcastle are still making the bids to try to strengthen the squad.

Tags: Newcastle News · Recruitment · Scouting Network · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

131 responses so far ↓

• 1 catchy in norway // Jul 29, 2015 at 4:37 PM

I think Arma could be a decent player, along with Vuckic, Harris has just been unlucky on 2 fronts , injuries and p45 not know how to develop players, Adam also falls into the P45 category.

from what I have seen in Adam is a busy type of player who likes to shoot, he works hard for the team.

Harris for me is quality all round, but people are judging him on poor performances in a team that was not playing well and playing out of position,

Harris’s big game for us was vs Liverpool, and he fluffed it, P45 expected him to do it all by himself :(,

give them a quality coach and time , they will both do well

• 2 JackButler // Jul 29, 2015 at 4:38 PM

12 million for a player voted in the worse 11 in France last season.

Last thing we need is another light weight

• 3 Jib // Jul 29, 2015 at 4:38 PM

I see Adam Armstrong’s loan agreement has a 24 hour recall clause in it , very wise.

• 4 Belfast // Jul 29, 2015 at 4:39 PM

Stay away from this one. Looks massively overrated from what I saw of him last season.

• 5 Shadow_Shearer // Jul 29, 2015 at 4:40 PM

I doubt very much we have even bidded for this guy. Just more paper talk to make story for money. If there was another player we bidded for, it would have been a central defender.

• 6 Malackay // Jul 29, 2015 at 4:40 PM

Not seen enough of him to comment, but he seems to be our “boards” winger of choice. I understand he had a poor season last year but has a load of potential?

I imagine if he arrives it would spell the end for two of Marveaux, Obertan, Cabella or Aarons. I know which of those two I’d prefer to leave.

I wonder who is deemed our current set piece “specialist”? Seem’s to be SDJ or Colback judging from friendlies.

• 7 Tsunki // Jul 29, 2015 at 4:42 PM

Ashley Out!

• 8 Belfast // Jul 29, 2015 at 4:42 PM

What’s the point in that Jib ? He should be staying where he is for the whole season. Currently not good enough for the premier league.

• 9 doofa the loofa // Jul 29, 2015 at 4:43 PM

Well this is a first.. newcastle turning down their own bids!! Craziness indeed.. keep up the good work ed.. 😉

• 10 WWSBRD // Jul 29, 2015 at 4:44 PM

I think he will end up signing for us

This will be the 5/6th time we have bid for him? Someone is telling us he wants to join us

• 11 JackButler // Jul 29, 2015 at 4:44 PM

24 hour call back to sit on the bench in case of emergencies

• 12 doofa the loofa // Jul 29, 2015 at 4:45 PM

Bully bloggers out..
    trans multi bloggers out..
    bolting that horse on in..
    happy days 🙂

• 13 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 29, 2015 at 4:48 PM

I like the new Magpies shirt but cannot buy it as they don’t sell my size 🙁

• 14 Malackay // Jul 29, 2015 at 4:48 PM

WWSBRD – I agree, I think we will see him come (reluctantly) through the door in the next week or so. I also think it will involve some sort of player in return (perhaps Cabella on loan).

£14m + Cabella on Season Long Loan w/ option to buy.

We still need defenders desperately. I’d take Chirchres from Spurs, looks surplus to requirements there.

• 15 Shadow_Shearer // Jul 29, 2015 at 4:49 PM

Ashleys wallet – IN
    Fat man himself – OUT

• 16 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 29, 2015 at 4:49 PM

has the Matip link gone cold?

• 17 Klam3r // Jul 29, 2015 at 4:50 PM

For me peronaly this window is all about stability. We can’t go from total chaos to harmony and top 6-8.

I think our recruitment has been very clever this summer although I dream about 2-3 more. Quality over quantity though!

In december all I wanted was Pardew gone and a new attack minded head coach in with a new coaching staff, as I thought that was our biggest problem(besides Ashley ofc). The transition was poorly conducted by Charnley/Ashley but 6 months later it looks pretty good. The foundation is in place for our players to excel. Some will and some won’t.

The next step will be in the next couple of windows. Personaly this season is all about getting back the joy watching Newcastle United. Watch real football(read attacking) played by a group of motivated players.

I’m cautiously optimistic and I’m looking forward to see what McClaren can produce this season. If done right it will be easier to attract the right kind of players to push us further up the table and make us proud again.

• 18 Belfast // Jul 29, 2015 at 4:50 PM

If he can’t cut it in league one it’s best to cut him loose. He shouldn’t have been anywhere near the team last season.

His little cameos under Carver where he barely touched the ball was absolutely pointless.

• 19 WWSBRD // Jul 29, 2015 at 4:51 PM

Oh I don’t think it’ll be this window. Certainly don’t think we would give a player in exchange for him…that idea is more an idea stuck on blogs very rarely actually happens

He might end up here this summer but I won’t be expecting it. I can see Cabella proving himself this season would be a terrible shame to give up on a real talent so soon

• 20 Jib // Jul 29, 2015 at 4:53 PM

Marseilles have actually sold 4 not 3 . the fourth was a Centre back I was praying we would get.
    I could just see the away fans having a field day chanting for a player called Fanni.

• 21 hibbit // Jul 29, 2015 at 4:58 PM

arma needs to play week in week out not 10 mins here and there the kids is a good player not ready for the prem if he gets games he will come back a better player for us biggi is another one who should be out on loan playing football getting himself back playing and his confidence back after major health problems

• 22 Jib // Jul 29, 2015 at 4:58 PM

Can you believe his first name is Rod !

• 23 Malackay // Jul 29, 2015 at 4:59 PM

WWSBRD – I disagree, I think he will arrive this window, although he seems reluctant to move judging from a few of his quotes.

You’re not wrong about swap deals with transfers, but rarely makes as much sense as in this situation. With it being the Euro’s next summer, he (Cabella) will want to be playing consistently which I think is unlikely if Thauvin were to sign. Cabella has a quality reputation in France and OM are in deep need for reinforcements to compete and appease their fans. I think Cabella going to other way on loan would curb OM fans’ outrage somewhat…… all just speculation of course.

I don’t dislike Cabella but equally I don’t see where he fits into our team. At the moment I’d be inclined to start both Perez & Aarons ahead of him.

• 24 ToonAndy // Jul 29, 2015 at 4:59 PM

Thauvin, a poor mans Ben Arfa… Can’t understand this… Shaqiri is up for the same price tag…

• 25 WWSBRD // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:09 PM

By the same circumstances mate if he came here no guarantee he would be starting games

I’d be playing Cabella in the starting 11 depending on the set up, Christmas tree beside de Jong or behind the striker or inside forward on the right but we will see mate

• 26 JackButler // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:12 PM

Shaqiri would be the better choice, Thauvin isn’t what we need in terms of physical presence or attitude and after the way he has performed the past 18 months the asking price is bloody laughable to be honest

• 27 Dukis22lt // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:14 PM

will tonights game be streamed? Thanx

• 28 WWSBRD // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:17 PM

Maybe Shaqiri has said he has no intention of signing for us under any circumstances ?

• 29 Jail for Ashley // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:19 PM

I don’t know what management can see that we can’t in regards toour defence.

• 30 JackButler // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:22 PM

Be a shame if we couldn’t get Shaqiri, but i honestly hope this Thauvin link doesn’t happen, the lads been very poor the past 18 months and is not what we need right now.

Don’t know if I’ve mentioned this before, but we need defenders ?

• 31 Jib // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:23 PM

This one is advertising highlights AND livestream but be warned there are a lot of fakes about

• 32 kilcline // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:24 PM

I would imagine shaqiris wage would be the problem not the fee, shame, he is a class above.

Good rest of the window for me would be:

– Swap Williamson and 3m for bryam
    – Get Mbemba confirmed
    – Sell Colo
    – Sign rudiger or matip
    – Sign Austin although still believe he doesn’t want to move up north!
    – Swap Cabella and 7m for Thauvin who I think would come alive in the Orem league
    – Tie Arrons and Kemen up to 5 year deals
    – TFL gets a shirt that fits

Would rather a Bellamy type striker than Austin but don’t think much out there.

• 33 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:25 PM

Woodman gone to crawley on loan

• 34 bladeuser // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:27 PM

• 35 mindshaft // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:29 PM

@malackey: Chireches has joined Napoli for around 4.4 million – spurs fans seem quite happy about it

• 36 WWSBRD // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:30 PM

I’ve not seen either of them enough to comment on whether I’d be upset on them joining mate but FL has been linked with us for a long time and it doesn’t go away Carr must really rate him

Defender links are a bit rare aren’t they, I think we need to shift players out before the club are willing to look at bringing more in

• 37 JackButler // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:30 PM

Shaqiri seems to have three options so far and they are Everton, Shalke and us if the reports are to be believed and if that is the case I can’t see either Everton or Shalke paying massive wages to the lad. I’m more inclined to believe that he has never been a target for us, just one more player who can be added to the fans wish list of signings

• 38 remember69 // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:31 PM

Ashley IN!!!!! 🙂

• 39 the broons // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:31 PM

Are people aware gourcouff is available on a free? Surprised we haven’t been linked although a combination of his high wages and injury record are probably enough to put off.

• 40 Noel Worst // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:34 PM

Don’t understand Carr’s fascination with this one. Shite player and big fee, almost a certain flop. Please move on.

• 41 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:34 PM

RIP Sir Peter O’Sullivan

• 42 JackButler // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:35 PM

What I’ve seen of the lad he has been very, very poor, he gets knocked off the ball very easily so god only knows how he would react to a far more physical EPL. Shaqiri has gone from being a big fish in a small pond to being just another player surround by world class team mates at Beryern and Inter but I think he’d be the better option of the two in my own opinion.

I surprised we’ve not moved for defender before the midfield and striker roles as its at the back that we are weakest, and it’s been that way for a very long time but agree we probably need to move out the deadwood first, just hope that behind the scenes we are moving heaven and earth to do so

• 43 Jib // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:37 PM

Crawley Town is 24 miles from Crystal Palace
    I think daddy may be joining Pardew

• 44 Noel Worst // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:39 PM

So have we all decided how we’re going to react when it’s a Willo-Saylor CB partnership announced against Southampton?

• 45 JackButler // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:42 PM

I think that pairing is odds on now, unless Mbemba comes in a rips up the training ground in the week before we kick off.

It’s a pairing that inspires only dread and thoughts of what could have been in me, as we have not done enough to address the biggest failing in our squad

• 46 WWSBRD // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:45 PM

Well u never know how he would react to the pl until he signs, HBA turned out to be decent for a time but who knows Carr is a good scout though so he must be happy with how he would come in?
    Shaqiri seemed very good for his country but I’ve not seen him play much club level but his time at Inter is a worry imo very quickly moved on

Well true but every club knows we need defenders so we would over pay for them I imagine Mbemba was a release clause jobby from what I’ve heard

• 47 the broons // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:47 PM

And yeah can we just wait and see first if cabella might come good or not before forking out any spare funds on someone we don’t really need.

• 48 Noel Worst // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:48 PM

Yup, at the very least I’m hoping he goes for Saylor-Lascelles, with the view that he can’t be any worse than Willo and showing some faith in the youngster, coupled with an unlikely cleansheet might see his confidence take off, make him feel like comfortable as a PL CB and his progression accelerate.

• 49 Mr Magpie // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:50 PM

Aarons, Perez, Cabella & even Rivierre can play in Thauvins position….if we are getting desperate Gouffran or Obertan can also play there.

Far more concerned with prioritising getting a centre back in with my preference being Niklas Sule from Hoffenheim who i think would complement Mbemba perfectly.

He is 19 Big, strong, quick reads the game well & can play out from the back.

• 50 Noel Worst // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:51 PM

Carr is an average scout, just as many hits as misses. Another example of NUFC fans tendency to mythologise mediocrity, like Tiote’s mythical strength and destroyer status.

• 51 JackButler // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:57 PM

The problem for Carr, and all scouts is that you can watch a player for years and be completely sold on what you see, but you never know how that player will react to a move to a new club, new country and new style and type of football.

Carr is a good scout and has brought some very good players here but at the same time, some haven’t worked out for what ever reason, it’s hard to lay the blame at his door as the player could fall simply because he can’t settle in the area, country, or he may find he simply can’t reproduce his best because oft he type of football he being asked to play.

It’s a very expensive lottery

• 52 WWSBRD // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:57 PM

More than just toon fans disagree with u

• 53 Jib // Jul 29, 2015 at 5:59 PM

Noel Worst
    No way Carr or Tiote are part of Newcastle mythology except in your sneering mind.

• 54 WWSBRD // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:00 PM

Equally Carrs hands are tied by who NUFC are willing to go for

• 55 LewSpi v2.0 // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:00 PM

Jack Butler @51

Great summary, no scout, no matter how good they are, gets every player right. Especially when you’re paying peanuts for them. Man U paid £60m for Di Maria and that hasn’t worked out just because he hasn’t settled, not because he is a bad player. That aint the scouts fault.

• 56 Noel Worst // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:02 PM

Why would I care what people who take a passing interest in NUFC think? I go by the successes and failures of players he has signed. You’re committing the logical fallacy argumentum ad-populum, unfortunately.

• 57 Noel Worst // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:02 PM

I disagree. The end.

• 58 JackButler // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:03 PM

They are tied mate, as we only have a small amount of money to spend over the years so the pool of players he’s able to look at is massively reduced in a time of over inflated transfer fees and when you take that into account you can see just how well he has done for us

• 59 LewSpi v2.0 // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:04 PM

Noel Worst

How long did you live in Roker for? Or have you always lived there?

• 60 GeordieTwo // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:05 PM

There’s also the problem of shortagus of fongius Noel mate. That can lead to sever problems amongst wor management.

• 61 WWSBRD // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:07 PM

So u don’t care what our fans think nor from a general consensus from football fans…any one who opinion u would care about?

• 62 hibbit // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:07 PM

the problem is with the club not carr carr starts with a list of 5 most clubs would start at top of the list not us we start at the bottom always the cheapest first……… until this window

• 63 WWSBRD // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:08 PM

Also Carr hasn’t signed any players

• 64 GeordieTwo // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:08 PM

We need to look around quickly for a new owner. Somebody with big ones in his nut basket. We need a brave, ambitious owner. Not one who thinks Joe Kinnear was a great choice as DoF.

• 65 JackButler // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:08 PM

The list of so called failures at Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool etc etc is longer than anyone could ever believe and Di Maria is a perfect example, he’s a class player who for whatever reason just hasn’t settled at Man U, he still a top class player in just about everyone’s eyes

• 66 GeordieTwo // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:09 PM

Ashley has the nuts of a squirrel. He couldn’t build a decent club if he had the only club in the Prem. Not a clue that lad.

• 67 WWSBRD // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:11 PM

Aye and we only go for players who have run their contract down, on low wages, questionable attitude etc etc he gets a lot of constraints to go hunting with

• 68 LewSpi v2.0 // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:12 PM

Said for years we should shout for Alexei Mordashov to come and save us man. (He’s stated he’s not interested but whatevs).

Russian steel billionaire, came to study at Northumbria and fell in love with the toon.

• 69 LGFUAD21 // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:12 PM

Noel Worst

Now Now.

Tiote was a destroyer a couple of season back. He had Chelsea bidding for him and a host of others interested. He dominated games for us. There was a period where I reckon Cabaye and Tiote were one of the better CM partnerships in the prem – but everything around those two was awful.

As for Carr.

You cant expect scouts to have 100% success. You also have to consider players we’ve looked at the other teams beat us to for reasons out of Carrs hand.

Gameiro has been decent.
    Giroud – one people always forget – has proven great for Arsenal and an underrated striker in the Prem in general.
    Matuidi – Went to PSG instead

That’s just 3 who have gone on to show they were decent.

Lets look at Carrs signings

Cabaye – Excellent scout
    Demba Ba – Excellent scout
    HBA – Couldve been great, not Carrs fault he was a bit of a to55er
    Tiote – Despite his stick now, lets not forget when he was easily one of our top performers who many thought should be captain until recently.
    Cisse – Still shows when played to he can bang em in from few chances.
    Debuchy – Within a year and a half was off to better things.
    Moussa – I dont rate him too much but hes far from a flop.
    MYM – Showed his real ability at Roma last season. Arguably more a victim of Pardew than lack of ability.
    Santon – Meh, i liked the lad but he was meh.
    Marveaux – Flop
    Gouffran – He is what he was when bought. I dont for one second believe Carr thought he would light things up. He came in and did his job and is haning about.
    Gosling – Didnt make the cut
    Abeid – Jury is still out on
    Colback – Consistent performer that can still improve
    Cabella – Again, not a write off yet
    De Jong – Same as above
    Obertan (widely considered a Pardew pick sadly has not made the cut)
    LDG – Loan that played out of position ina relegation battle. Went back to Holland and scored. We will never know if he wouldve made it here. Still young I must say.
    Riviere – Still not quite ready to write off, but very close so i’ll say flop.

All in all that’s
    17 signings

6 of which i would say have been a success
    4 of which the jury is still out on – they may come good
    2 of which I dont think we will ever know but have gone on to do well elsewhere (people can argue the league difference all they like but Italy and Holland both have better teams than our national team with players mainly pulled from their own league.)
    5 of which are out and out flops.

Thats not too bad going when you also consider that these were probably not Carr’s first choices. He put the list forward and MA and Co probably started from the Bottom.

• 70 dok - the horrid colonial // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:12 PM

stop disrepsecting squirrel, damn you 🙂

• 71 GeordieTwo // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:12 PM

Has anything been done about our dead wood pile yet? Obertan? Willo? Saylor? Riviere? Colo? Tiote? Bigi? Marveaux? Corbin Dallas? Well? We need a good clearout.

• 72 Jib // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:13 PM

Noel Worst
    The argumentum ad-populum is the only one to use , as it concerns matters of fans opinions .

You are a bit of a pompous dick aren’t you ?

• 73 scott // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:15 PM

Hi guys, I’m a longtime reader,first time poster! This blog is becoming a petty bitchfight in the last week & its all becoming boring now guys so would all the waring party’s please exchange phone-numbers & sort it out elsewhere & leave the blog for its purpose!! Now to raise the mood & add some laughs enjoy

• 74 GeordieTwo // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:17 PM

Very nice analysis LGFUAD mate @69. And yes LewSpi! I would take him! Ashley oot!!! Mordashov in! Squirrels nuts are proportionate dok mate! I respect squirrels!!

• 75 dok - the horrid colonial // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:18 PM

jib saying to noel, “You are a bit of a pompous dick aren’t you ?”

that is the winner of the oxymoronic post of the year… or just drop the oxy part…

• 76 midweek weekend // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:19 PM

Take it there’s no live stream for tonight’s game? Its at York so I doubt it anyone?

• 77 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:19 PM

I’m not sure I’d call Bruce Willis dead wood lol

• 78 GeordieTwo // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:19 PM

Eight years of useless ownership. It will take some fence mending now. Dead piles of wood lying aboot. Tiny plums….Shabby dealings with supporters and local press. Mentally handicapped DoF’s. Purple Llambeezees. The list is endless. Harrumph.

• 79 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:20 PM

• 80 GeordieTwo // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:20 PM

Corbin Dallas oot!!! Leeloo in!!!!

• 81 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:21 PM

I’d deffo take Leeloo in 🙂

• 82 GeordieTwo // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:21 PM

Apparently they haven’t got any tellies in York midweek mate. You can catch it on the wireless though. Shortly after an announcement from Winston Churchill….

• 83 GeordieTwo // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:22 PM

Down with Purple Llambeezees I say!!! Harrumph.

• 84 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:23 PM

Careful laddy I don’t live to far from York

• 85 lesh // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:23 PM

Another bid turned down?

We’re not bidding enough but leaving the last bid on the table won’t achieve anything.

I wonder whether Charnley’s established whether the selling clubs are willing, in principle, to sell? If not, he could be wasting valuable time – the season starts in what, 10 days and players need to be bedded in.

Does he really try to get the selling clubs to the table to work out a deal? It doesn’t seem so, though I may well be wrong.

As the window draws to a close and we’re under-resourced, then the greater the chance of getting of to a poor start to the season.

C’mon Charnley, get moving!

• 86 Belfast // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:23 PM

Can’t see it midweek unless York’s own TV channel are showing it.

• 87 Jib // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:26 PM

• 88 GeordieTwo // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:27 PM

Looking back now at the 8 years with Assley. Smiling Keegan comes in. Scowling Keegan leaves and sues. Then a period of pinheads. Many miserable supporters. Still remembering some of the bollocks….Then Lord Percy came in with the infamous Purple Llambeezee. Exciting period of travel and wine drinking by Derek and Mike. Then Joe comes and fongs Derek. Makes a complete fool of himself and the club. Fades away. Then Lord Percy leaves in disgust and before you know it we’re in the present. Ahhh a walk down memory lane with Mike…..Beautiful.

• 89 GeordieTwo // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:28 PM

How is York these days TFL mate? I haven’t been there since the tiger peed on me.

• 90 doofa the loofa // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:28 PM

time for beddies lad.. 🙁

• 91 Jib // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:29 PM

I assume you are American and that’s why you don’t have a clue what an Oxymoronic figure of speech is.

• 92 Belfast // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:30 PM

Tune in later for a nice virus Jib ? 🙂

• 93 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:30 PM

I’ll be the first to admit that McClaren wasn’t my first choice as HC but the wave of new ideas and optimism him and his coaches have brought to the setup is refreshing

• 94 Jib // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:31 PM

Example of an Oxymoron
    “An Erudite American”

• 95 GeordieTwo // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:32 PM

The first 7 matches will be difficult with this squad lesh mate. I’m anticipating 7 points and some unsettled supporters. The next 7 or so after that is where we’ll have to make it up. We have to get a decent number of points in the first half season because we’re always overwhelmed with injuries in the second half.

• 96 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:32 PM

Ah you know same old city with same old narrow streets but York has surprisingly good Wifi

• 97 Jib // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:33 PM

Another one
    “A sporting Australian “

• 98 dok - the horrid colonial // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:33 PM

I stand humbled by your scathing posts.. may I please borrow your google account to look up all your big words?

• 99 GeordieTwo // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:33 PM

I see the WUMs are at it again. Sad really. Nothing to say but they say it anyway. Is doofa a new WUMZ? He’s got the name for it. Come on doofa tell us your brilliant thoughts or have we had them already?

• 100 Jib // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:34 PM

Another one
    “A sophisticated Mackem”

• 101 GeordieTwo // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:35 PM

Jeff time to go back under the bridge. You should make up your mind to respect the rest of the posters or pack it in lad. Same with you doofa.

• 102 doofa the loofa // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:35 PM

hahahaha… X

• 103 Jib // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:35 PM

I fear you may be right
    There are a lot of fakes around at the mo’

• 104 GeordieTwo // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:36 PM

Spot on TFL. I actually liked York the few times I was there as a lad.

• 105 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:36 PM

here’s a couple of oxymorons:

An Intelligent Jeff
    A humble Jib

• 106 lesh // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:36 PM

Looks as though young Woodman’s out on loan

And, Boobybee

You asked earlier about Jib/ Jeff/ Jane and if you look at the dialogue between Jib and Dok, you’ll see that Jib seems to have adopted Jeff’s disrespectful style when posting.

Jib/ Jeff’s egos seem to have become a tad confused about their identities!

• 107 GeordieTwo // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:37 PM

If Steve can get more than 7 points from our first 7 games I’ll be impressed. The schedule maker was fairly cruel to us this time out. How is the pitch in York TFL, do you know? It’s a small ground, seats about 4-5 thousand I think?

• 108 lesh // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:38 PM

Boobybee? Let’s try Bobbybee.

• 109 Jib // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:39 PM

Geordie Two
    It is just as well you have quit Tyneside
    You wouldn’t last 5 minutes
    If you paid attention you would notice that it was Dok that opened up proceedings entirely unlooked for with a pop at me.
    As they say in Heaton
    “Divvent dish it oot if ya cannot tek it”

• 110 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:39 PM

As much as I am a born and bread Yorkshire lad I have to admit my favourite city of all time is Newcastle, it is a fantastic city. Love that little indoor market too

• 111 GeordieTwo // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:39 PM

Not just oxymorons TFL mate. I think you could say complete morons as well. Sad waste of time doing the WUM thing.

• 112 cestriasteve // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:39 PM

YOANN GOURCUFF On a free, has to be the most unluckiest player ever with injury, should have been a superstar, instead he tripped over his dog!!!

• 113 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:40 PM

Bootham Crescent holds just shy of 8,000, couldn’t comment on the pitch like

• 114 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:41 PM

Not being a Geordie native could someone enlighten me to tell me what that indoor market in Newcastle is called?

• 115 GeordieTwo // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:42 PM

Newcastle has really changed over the years. I went back to look at the old house we lived in. The neighbourhood was run down but the house was in excellent shape. Walked through Jesmond Dene for old times sake as well. Used to be a very decent pub called The Blue Bell down there I think. Went a few times with my uncle.

• 116 Moonraker15 // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Sorry, but Harris Vuckic wI’ll never make it in the EPL! He just hasn’t developed and in my opinion doesn’t have the pace for the top league, nor the Championship.

The jury’s still out on Arma and a spell at Coventry will be good for him but he has to score goals, that’s got to be his sole target!

• 117 doofa the loofa // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:45 PM

i remember when i had my first beer!! 😉
    Dont worry, it’ll pass.

• 118 Noel Worst // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:47 PM

I treat people as individuals and their ability to construct arguments without committing fallacies. There are many individuals whose opinion I value.

I’m not the only NUFC fan to hold the view Carr is an average scout with a strike rate that doesn’t set him apart, not his fault, as JB outlined it’s a difficult job to excel in as there are many factors at play. He doesn’t possess a better eye for talent than most keen watchers of football.

If I were to be really pedantic, as you have been by saying Carr hasn’t signed anybody, I’d ask you to provide evidence for your assertion that Toon fans and I presume as the claim suggests, the majority of football fans think Carr is an elite scout, if there ever could be one.

No, you really don’t understand logical fallacies, do you? WWSBRD was citing mass opinions (not to mention at this point imaginary opinions biased in his arguments favour) to try and present something as more than opinion. Quit being so precious about your opinions. I give mine, you give yours, why are you mad at your opinion being contradicted? I’m not trying to convince you of anything and would appreciate it if you don’t communicate with me further, as I don’t like to associate with scum.

Even taking your appraisal of the signings and the reasons for their success and failures, some of which are contentious, but let’s take them at face value, that’s a no better success rate than average, certainly not exceptional. Nice to see somebody that can form a reasoned argument, it’s all too rare on here.

• 119 Jib // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:47 PM

here’s a couple of oxymorons:

An Intelligent Jeff
    A humble Jib
    A healthy TF……… nah thats too Frankie Boyle

• 120 LewSpi v2.0 // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:48 PM

Grainger market?

• 121 Jail for Ashley // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:48 PM

jeff from benwell was a transvestite who got angry after a drink, like many women trapped in mens bodies he was sad and lonely, once he came out became jane he stopped drinking and chilled out a bit.

• 122 dok - the horrid colonial // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:49 PM

So, according to the eloquent wordsmith jib, jeff, or whatever miniskirt you’re wearing today, its ok to call someone a pompous dick, but you cannot be called out on it?

you, sweetie, are a blathering contra-DICK-tion in the worst way… begone, you have grown tiresome…

• 123 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:49 PM

Jib although I should be offended that is actually very true, I aren’t in good health at the moment

• 124 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:49 PM

That’s it thanks mate

• 125 Jib // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:50 PM

Newcastle United Supports Transvestites

• 126 Moonraker15 // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:51 PM

you mean Grainger market which dates back to the 1800’s mate always known by my lot as the “covered market”.

• 127 GeordieTwo // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:53 PM

I think overall Carr has done a decent job. Considering his mandate is to provide young, relatively cheap talent from overseas there are bound to be quite a few mistakes. Nobody can say with certainty how a young player will do coming to the Prem. Really Carr has an almost impossible task with the conditions imposed on him by Ashley. What other head scout is only able to recruit young players from abroad? Early on we had a few English players with some steel like Nolan but that has largely disappeared from the squad with the exception of Colback who was on a free.

• 128 ToonFromLeeds // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:53 PM

Yes it’s a cracking little market

• 129 Noel Worst // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:55 PM

Assuming it’s a 4-2-3-1 tonight, that’d be my front 4 for the opener assuming they line-up:

Interested to see how they fare.

• 130 Moonraker15 // Jul 29, 2015 at 6:59 PM

I live away now but I agree with you about Newcastle. It is such an interesting place and I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say they don’t like it. However I’m totally biased. Palm trees on the quayside! You couldn’t make it up hahaha

• 131 Ravostag // Jul 29, 2015 at 7:32 PM

Thauvin is another Cabella, when will Carr and Charnley realise that its Centre Backs that we need!!

previous post: Newcastle Fans Want To Keep This Experienced Midfielder