The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Mysterious Report – Newcastle Have Bid For Honduran Winger

6:27 pm, Monday, August 3rd, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 146 Comments

There is a report in Honduras on Diariomas.hn that is saying that Newcastle have made a £6M bid for Anderlecht winger 22 year-old Andy Najar, who has played 31 times for Honduras and made his debut for them back in September of 2011 coming on as a sub in the second half against Colombia.

The story is being reported in the UK by What Culture.

Andy started his career over here in the US with DC United, and came through their Youth Academy but decided to play for Honduras where he was born, rather than having to wait to receive his US citizenship so he could then play for the United States.

Andy Najar

Andy Najar – 22 year-old Anderlecht and Honduran winger

We looked up the report and it’s strange that they are claiming the British press are reporting the news – but where in the British press we have no idea.

They will now be reporting this because it’s coming from a Honduras outlet.

🙂

Take this with a pinch of salt but at least it’s interesting and he seems a decent enough player, and since he’s been at Anderlecht since 2013 he will know both Aleksandar Mitrovic and Chancel Mbemba.

His English must also be good having moved to Virginia when he was 13 years-old and attended the Edison High School in Alexandria, Virginia and joined DC United in 2008.

This is the direct English translation from the Spanish:

=======

British media reported that the team Newcastle United in the Premier League, has made an offer for the services of Honduras midfielder Andy Najar.

His club, Anderlecht in Belgium has received the offer from the British club and will discuss it with the player and his agent, American Chris Megaloudis.

A representative of Andy Najar said this:

“Najar’s dream is to play in the Premier League, two of his friends have already signed for Newcastle – Anderlecht must analyse the bid.”

The amount of the offer made by Newcastle could not be confirmed, but it is speculated to be around £6M, or about $10M (US $).

Andy Najar was acquired by Anderlecht  in January, 2013 for a figure close to $2M paid to DC United of the United States, where he rose to fame in 2010.

Andy Najar is 22 years old and played in the World Cup in Brazil in 2014, and also in the  Olympic Games in London in 2012, and he plays for for Honduras and is now one of the key men for coach Jorge Luis Pinto.

=======

This is a strange report – but we know Newcastle are after a winger so maybe they will settle for a third Anderlecht player this summer?

Andy was at DC United for three season from 2010 and played 92 times with 13 goals and in the two seasons hes been in Belgium he’s played 50 times with 6 goals.

If we were to hazard a guess we think he would be simply delighted to join Newcastle – especially when two of his former team-mates are already at Newcastle.

We’re not sure what to make of the Honduran report.

Tags: Newcastle News · Recruitment · Scouting Network · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

146 responses so far ↓

• 1 Sazzer // Aug 3, 2015 at 6:31 PM

You are slower than Lee Ryder today Ed.

• 2 scout // Aug 3, 2015 at 6:35 PM

Wedge up on our top 10 finish at 3/1

• 3 Belfast // Aug 3, 2015 at 6:38 PM

I reckon 11-12th

• 4 geordie157 // Aug 3, 2015 at 6:39 PM

This lad is actually quite decent,the Dutch winger would be a better option though.

• 5 Bambams // Aug 3, 2015 at 6:40 PM

I am not sure what to think about our transfer targets. I am sure I read somewhere that mac mentioned something about ‘The next three windows’ and this was part of the bigger plan.
    So maybe we won’t get our other striker and other CB until possibly January
    My niggling doubt is Ashley came out and said ‘Best pound for pound’
    I just hope it is just a game of chess with QPR and possibly Celtic who will eventually cave in and sell for less than quoted.

• 6 magpiesi // Aug 3, 2015 at 6:42 PM

This player can play rb/rm/cm/lm don’t know how good he is but is very versatile he was mentioned by a Europe expert when we signed Mitrovic along with a few other players from that club.

• 7 Bobbybee // Aug 3, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Another day, another player linked via his agent. NEXT!!!! 🙂

• 8 Charlietoon // Aug 3, 2015 at 6:45 PM

I think at this stage I’d be just as excited to see some average players leave.

• 9 geordie157 // Aug 3, 2015 at 6:46 PM

anyone seen the line up for the u21’s yesterday vs Gateshead?

• 10 Tsunki // Aug 3, 2015 at 6:46 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnddd………

Ashley Out!

• 11 Noel Worst // Aug 3, 2015 at 6:47 PM

Rubbish player with nothing outstanding to his game. Think this one is a case of a wishful Honduran football journo that wants to watch some of his countrymen in the PL so makes up this typically lazy journo piece. The Lee Ryder of Honduras.

• 12 Sazzer // Aug 3, 2015 at 6:47 PM

Newcastle United transfers: Honduras winger Andy Najar linked – but Magpies looking elsewhere.

• 13 Bobbybee // Aug 3, 2015 at 6:49 PM

Bambams, you’re correct on the three windows issue, that’s exactly what was said. By the end of the third window – which is only this time next season really – the side that escaped relegation last season will be nowhere to be seen. We’ve waited this long, another season won’t matter that much. 🙂

• 14 Tsunki // Aug 3, 2015 at 6:50 PM

So are we done chattering about Toney and Koks? Sounds like some 80’s singing duo that.

• 15 geordie157 // Aug 3, 2015 at 6:50 PM

Just shows how out of touch Pearce is with these comments, is it just us bloggers who think Colo should be sold?

Stuart Pearce’s one to watch: “Keeping Fabricio Coloccini and making sure he plays well will be vital. I think he’s done really well over his time at Newcastle and the fans like him. He’s a good player with a good CV behind him. It’s important he stays at the club and rediscovers that form that made him a key figure.”

• 16 Tsunki // Aug 3, 2015 at 6:51 PM

Another season won’t matter that much, barely north of £550 for some.

• 17 hibbit // Aug 3, 2015 at 6:53 PM

on willo he did not buy the club the club bought him gave him a contract tell him what to do and when to do it he does this to the best of his ability what do people want him to do say he is not good enough ( we all know he is and will not ) and say wont play the person thats wrong is the person who bought him they bought the wrong tool for the job ………willo is the only newcastle player that other clubs have offered buy

• 18 Bambams // Aug 3, 2015 at 6:54 PM

Bobbybee
    Cheers for that….I wasn’t sure if I had it right or not.
    Let’s hope they eventually get us a team to be proud of.
    Oh what it would be like to win something. ….A derby would start

• 19 Our Toon // Aug 3, 2015 at 6:54 PM

Another Anderlecht player hmm.

On the defence debate my opinion is that we have poor defenders but also that they’ve been poorly coached as a defensive unit. Pulis takes over teams with a poor defence and makes they then start keeping clean sheets. We need to get more out of the team as a whole defensively. Protection in front of the back 4 is key!!

• 20 cyprus // Aug 3, 2015 at 6:55 PM

Probably one more player in this, our best window ever in terms of numbers.
    Our investment may or may not pay off but the odds are more in our favour. CL football won’t be easy, many good teams out there. This year we’ll probably outpace your Evertons and Swanseas, next year we’ll be exchanging punches with those London rivals.

I hope for CL this year, but it could take a couple. We may need one more bi push in the next couple windows.

Re first game, 3-0 Newcastle. Bet it, win big.

• 21 Ian Toon // Aug 3, 2015 at 6:57 PM

Belfast- So we’re going to finish higher today than you forecast yesterday? At this rate by the time the season starts we could be in line for a Europa place.!

Bobbybee- Your my type of fan. If you can’t be optimistic before a ball has been kicked when can you. Aside from the quality signings being an improvement on those that featured through our prolonged pointless run in the second half of the season; I firmly believe that a number of under performers will do so much better this time out. For me far too much as been read into pre season performances. Travelling training and playing in a short time span can play havoc with the body metabolism?

• 22 Belfast // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:00 PM

I predicted 12th yesterday Ian. 11th-12th today.

• 23 Bobbybee // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:00 PM

Tsunki, I think this season will be entertaining, but my throwaway comment should not be seized upon. Anybody thinking we would change the entire team by this window is probably blogging from a padded cell! 🙂 Will we better than last season? Yuuuup! Will we be a lot better after three windows? Yuuuup! Will we threaten the top six this season? Nope.

• 24 Jamseyd24 // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:02 PM

Cyprus,

R u drunk man???? We will be lucky to get top 10 never mind push for CL.

• 25 Ian Toon // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:02 PM

Cyprus- Earlier I suggested the toon would win 3-2 . I just can’t see us not conceding with the expected defensive line up!

• 26 Average_Contents // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:05 PM

So.

Now I’m mister tuff/offkey and whoever else your twisted, poor excuse of a brain decides to melt together because we all picked up on you’re vile uttering. Nice one numbnuts.

Slightly ironic that is coming from jib/jeff the foul mouthed pisspot accusing others of being multiples when Infact he himself has been caught red handed along with his bezzy, Ian the master multiple jedi.

You quite literally couldn’t make THAT up..except you did.

I also note how you’ve deflected you’re spaz comment like mister tuff touched upon, this is something that you’ve said on numerous occasions in both guises as jeff AND jib which incidentally both post tosh links from google that either don’t make sense or lead to fcukall. Much like your matchday link that you swear WILL work days before a match is scheduled for broadcast. How could you possibly know that. You can’t. You post links that are shite. Much like your posts in general.

You’ve been rumbled repeatedly so I’d suggest giving up the ghost and doing something productive with all this spare time you seem to have (get a job you scruff)

You sad little individual

Last time I reply to anything you have to say. Blurt.

• 27 cyprus // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:06 PM

J
    Not a drop mate :}
    Feeling bullish about this team, we’ll see. Don’t forget we finished fifth with a terrible manager and worse team. Believe man 🙂

• 28 JamesToon // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:07 PM

Absolutely pathetic that so called “fans” have already started a sackmcclaren.com site

• 29 cyprus // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:08 PM

I see what you say Ian. But Colo Mbemba should be ok – for a change. Maybe 3-1;)

• 30 Noel Worst // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:09 PM

Geordie157

A classic case of why I don’t take any notice of what outsiders think of goings on at NUFC.

• 31 Ian Toon // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:10 PM

Belfast- Only teasing I can so far largely only disagree with your bottom placed clubs. I am determined to feature Sunderland relegated this season. Our last game victory against WHU was great because we ended up higher than the mackems.
    We’re not the only team with potential defensive weaknesses as Liverpool and ManU seem to not have fully addressed their problems to date. Rodgers is widely criticised by Liverpool fans and if they don’t start well he could be on his bike.

• 32 toon kk // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:10 PM

Ian toon
    we’ll win 3-2? I’d like to think so, Southampton are miles in front of us, we’re in for a long hard season. Unless some proven quality come in.

• 33 Bobbybee // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:10 PM

Ian, the entire US tour was a really stupid idea and has left us behind in terms of fitness and preperation. Macca’s philosophy is already paying off on those under performers from last season, and add to that the three new lads and De Jong and Aarons and I can’t help but be excited by the prospect this season. That’s half a team of better quality players! I’d be happier if we brought in another CB, but that’s not definitely out of the question if Collo doesn’t impress Macca. I can see why he wants his experience though, we’re a very young side.

• 34 JamesToon // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:12 PM

Going for a 1-1 draw on Sunday. We need to press Southampton force them into mistakes and control the game

• 35 doofa the loofa // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:16 PM

Negativetoonfansout.com..
    Think it has a nice ring to it… going live at midnight.. thanks in advance for your support..
    True fans in..

• 36 Noel Worst // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:17 PM

I’m going for 9th.

A steady season. Consistency is all I want as a minimum, none of these bright starts then total collapse in the 2nd half of the season or vice versa. A consistent season with an ever improving style of play.

Against Southampton I’m going for a tense 2-1.

• 37 Ian Toon // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:17 PM

Belfast – I quite like the jib, of jib. He does seem to be versed in a good number of issues that I personally had not thought of- he’s a fountain of all knowledge. I speak as I find and he’s never ( to my knowledge) said a cross word or posted a bike remark in my direction.
    Whereas………..!!

• 38 Bobbybee // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:17 PM

Bambams, we’ll have to hire an entire team of chefs to manage the size of the humble pie that will be required if we were to win a trophy under Ashley! 🙂 I’ll be more than happy to eat my fair share.

• 39 Rotonda heights // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:20 PM

that dutch lad has gone to basle

• 40 Ian Toon // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:20 PM

Bobby bee – I also like the fact that you’ve adopted the name Macca. We are fans after all and he’s not done anything wrong just yet.

• 41 Ian Toon // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:21 PM

Bile for bike- LOL.

• 42 Ian Toon // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:22 PM

Belfast – how old are the Senior Russian Women?

• 43 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:22 PM

Pawl
    I agree about CB’s. I’d pick my best 11 players provided they’re reasonably fit. The only way to get them up to speed is to play them. The opposition will not necessarily be at their best on the first day of the season. Substitutes are there to fill in if a player tires too much.

• 44 Bambams // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:24 PM

Bobbybee
    A trophy…..
    My goodness we can dream. ….

We will have to leave it in the Wembley changing rooms until we get an ikea cabinet built.

I don’t want to get carried away but I want to be hopeful and I am a little hopeful I will see us win something.
    I missed out on the fairs cup …
    Born the year later !

• 45 toon kk // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:25 PM

Tbh is very hard to predict how we we’ll do this season, from game to game you never know which Newcastle will turn up. Our downfall is when we do control games we have no cutting edge in front of goal. I’ll not go into our defence.

• 46 Jib // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:25 PM

Ian
    I was thinking like
    Everybody rides me !!!!!!

• 47 Ian Toon // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:26 PM

Bobbybee- I do have a concern that it will take a while for so many new and relatively untried players to gel. A UK based pre season would have been preferable – let’s hope we learn the lesson. Did Charnley organise the tour or was it imposed by Ashley and Charnley was tiold to organise it ?

• 48 Bobbybee // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:27 PM

Ian, I will always support any player or manager involved with my beloved club. As long as I feel they’re trying their hardest, they’re one of us imo. I have never booed a player and never will, as it can only have negative connotations.

• 49 Jib // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:27 PM

Talking of bikes
    Where’s Geordie 2 ?
    He’s late the neet

• 50 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:28 PM

BobbyBee
    Aarons has done nothing yet. He’s shown signs he could make a very good player but that’s a long way from being one.

• 51 Jib // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:29 PM

Next preseason we’ll be touring Europe preparing for our CL qualifier 🙂

• 52 matt11_25 // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:29 PM

Our defense last season was performing quite well until December in reality. Saylor saw red and it all went downhill from there. Proves that added depth is needed but also that these guys aren’t all bad.

• 53 Ian Toon // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:29 PM

It was the cut of your jib, jib.

• 54 Average_Contents // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:30 PM

He’s a fountain of useless google information that turns out to be dogshit more like. Oxygen thief.

“He’s not said anything to me like so he’s Ok in my book” his protectors say even when confronted with what it’s said. “I didn’t see anything your honour”

Really? You’re as bad if not worse with that attitude.

Load of bollox.

• 55 Belfast // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:31 PM

Who are the senior Russian women Ian?

• 56 doofa the loofa // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:31 PM

Jib
    Keep on topic lad.. we dont want to here about your weekend exploits!! 😉

• 57 Average_Contents // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:33 PM

Anyway I’m outta here. My W.O.S early alert system is going into hyperdrive.

Just thought I’d comment after it’s dribble.

Bye.

• 58 Bobbybee // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:33 PM

Bambams, I too missed the Fairs Cup final, even though I was 12. After the Rangers game I was not allowed to go 🙂 Parents who aren’t into football OUT!!!!!

• 59 welshgeordie9 // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:41 PM

What the hell is a W.O.S when it’s at home.

• 60 Ian Toon // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:41 PM

AC- I form my own opinions. I don’t mind bluntness its sheer nastiness unaccompanied by any argument that makes a dispiriting and plain boring read and if your fair minded I would suggest it doesn’t start and finish as you would have the blog believe.. There are far worse types than jib from my personal experience. Bullying and poking fun at those with learning difficulties and mental health issues are of far more concern. This is something that ED is monitoring.

• 61 Ian Toon // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:43 PM

Belfast- So you would have me believe that you have no knowledge ?

• 62 Bobbybee // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:44 PM

B & B. Having watched the kid come through the Academy and what he did on those sadly few injury free games last season; along with his displays in pre season, I can see him starting more games than not this season. He’s a very exciting young player and I’m more than willing to bet he will take the league by storm this season. He’s already an upgrade on Gouffron and Obertan from last season, and imo – which is the one that counts for me – he’s quality already 🙂

• 63 Belfast // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:45 PM

I’m guessing Mister Tiff and Jail for Ashley?

• 64 Bambams // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:47 PM

Bobbybee
    But at least you can say you saw us lift something albeit via news or a parade.
    Envious of you fella.

I got to the stadium when we were promoted with KK as manager two hours before kick off to sample the atmosphere when we were handed two trophies. I am sure we got the old first division trophy as well (prem league had new trophy )

Oh the Wembley trips…dejected mini bus back north !

I still live in hope fella

Cheers for the craic

• 65 Bobbybee // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:49 PM

Ian, no idea who organised it, but I heard Carver was involved somewhere. That might have been a malicious rumour like, but whoever organised it needs a kick up the jacksie.

• 66 Bobbybee // Aug 3, 2015 at 7:50 PM

One day, bambams, one day…..

• 67 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:01 PM

Evening all, hope we are all well
    Hope we get a couple of players in this week

• 68 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:03 PM

Anyone know U21’s lineup for Gateshead?

• 69 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:03 PM

BobbyBee
    I hope you’re right about Aarons. If you are, I hope we’ve got him tied down. My fear is he’s a Franz Carr or Kieron Dyer.

• 70 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:04 PM

Today’s rant is we need 5 new players asap.

I am not confident that Haidara should be first choice. I would sign a left back and centre back to go straight into the first team.

We also not a right back as cover (Fanni/Corchia)

We only have one competent winger at the club (Aarons). We really need 3 more, but I expect us to sign Thauvin or Shaqiri.

We need 1 fast paced striker to play with Mitrovic. Berahino would fit the bill. Nathan Redmond would also be a recommended coup.

• 71 Mister Tuff // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:07 PM

Duplicity demonstrated in its most strident form.
    So I gather it is all right to mock those “spacks” and I presume other general insults about medical conditions – as long as the offender doesn’t abuse you.
    The classic case of turning a blind eye, looking the other way, crossing the road.
    Made even worse because the acceptance of this base abuse is only to pursue old scores.
    People should protest against such utterings and not falsely ally themselves, and praise the abusers with comments such as “I like the cut of your jib”.
    And all to fight old scores -what levels will people stoop to.

• 72 PapissGottaBrandNewBag // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:13 PM

@Ketsbaia

Redmond is going to be expensive being English yes he’s young and has pace but has no ability to cross a ball which is what we are lacking…

Fanni is pushing 30 and for a right back would be a waste of money

Corchia is decent at best and would get found out for all the mistakes he makes

Berahino is a good finisher is also English though and not yet earned the 20 million tag he’s been given (same with austins price range he’s not warranted it)

Let’s be sensible about this

Kongolo matip or Rudiger at centre back…

Tore or n jie for the winger (as they both have the ability to cross a ball)

Hernandez (at a huge push for the prices being quoted though go for it) or alcacer (as he’s a huge fan of cathro who he worked with at Valencia and there are talks they have 12 million buy out clause)

• 73 welshgeordie9 // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:14 PM

I’m sure calling someone a fool is insulting.

• 74 Average_Contents // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:16 PM

Master multiple

It’s been reposted various times over the past few days what you’re “mate” said so what on earth are you on about?

Did you just decide to ignore it and then say this? Again talking bollox I’m afraid.

“Bullying and poking fun at those with learning difficulties and mental health issues are of far more concern. This is something that ED is monitoring”.

• 75 Bobbybee // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:17 PM

B&B, Aarons himself has expressed a desire to earn a long contract with us. We have the option of another year on his current contract, so he’s still got two years left, so it would be wise to see how his injuries go this season before making a five year commitment. I’d give it until January and then tie him down for as long as possible with a crazy buy out clause just to be safe. Have you checked out his video on the last page? Very nice! 🙂

• 76 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:17 PM

I would go for these:

Van Dijk
    Kongolo (left back)
    Shaqiri
    Corchia
    Berahino

• 77 Bobbybee // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:20 PM

Or the post before last. Either way, canny skills.

• 78 Average_Contents // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:21 PM

You said that in defense of jib/jeff as if the vile weasel never said “spac”.

Is that not what you are talking about?

A jib/jeff special

“Andy Mac is a spack do da do da”

Go on, defend it now. You can’t. You’re just as bad in my book.

• 79 Average_Contents // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:23 PM

Definitely off now, my food is here and I’m watching banshee. Highly recommend it if nobody’s seen it.

Goodbye.

• 80 welshgeordie9 // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:24 PM

i rather watch Eastenders and thats saying something.

• 81 Noel Worst // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:26 PM

Jib being nice to somebody as he sees an opportunity to form an alliance, even finishing with a smiley face, then the equally slithering Ian Toon reciprocating – pass me the bucket.

• 82 matt11_25 // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:26 PM

Really hope we sign Fer. Really quality player, but injured a lot. Soooo if he comes to NUFC, he’ll never injured RIGHT?

Second double swoop of the season? Reckon Ashley thinks he saves money that way.

• 83 welshgeordie9 // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:27 PM

Average

There’s been offensive words on here since i can remember, so let ed deal with it, and it isn’t just one person either.

• 84 Jib // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:28 PM

Mr Tuff and Average contents loosen your stays ladies , calm down my dears .

If I wanted to call Andy Mac/Jail for Ashley , a Spastic I would have done , but I didn’t.

I called him a spack

Hope this helps

• 85 matt11_25 // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:33 PM

Do you guys ever talk about football?

• 86 Moonraker15 // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:35 PM

Jib/Jeff

Or whatever your name is your a fcuking disgrace and bring shame on decent Toon supporters!

Ed please deal with him if you are reading this !

• 87 Bobbybee // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:36 PM

I’m away for a shower. Hopefully when I return this will have morphed back into a football blog. Later chaps and chapsesses. 🙂

• 88 Jib // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:38 PM

Does average qualify for meals on wheels ?

• 89 welshgeordie9 // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:41 PM

I’ve got a good feeling this weekend against southampton.

2-0 Gini and mitrovic the scorers.

• 90 Jib // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:46 PM

Welshie
    1-0 would do me

• 91 Average_Contents // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:49 PM

Moonraker

It brings disgrace to all living things not just us. Waste of spunk.

• 92 Jib // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:51 PM

Average
    Go and slurp yer curry and watch yer horror movie ya big girls blouse

• 93 welshgeordie9 // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:54 PM

i hope janmaat plays at rigtht back and mbemba at centre back, with haidara at left back its not that bad a defence, just need another centre back.

• 94 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:54 PM

BobbyBee
    I’ve just taken a look at that Aarons video. The shot to the top corner was class but most players could capture themselves on video doing that. It doesn’t show all the times he tried and missed. I’ve seen loads of kids who’ve got great juggling skills and fancy footwork but haven’t a clue how to play football. I can still keep the ball up on my head and balance it on my brow like a seal all day but I was crap at heading the ball in a game. I remember in a cup final at Heaton Stannington heading one over the bar from 2 yards out. I cringe to this day.

• 95 welshgeordie9 // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:57 PM

Something tells me that mbemba and lascelles will be the best and the strongest Pair we have got and that they will do a good job.

• 96 Belfast // Aug 3, 2015 at 8:59 PM

A lorra lorra laughs on here this evening.

• 97 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:01 PM

Welsh
    I’d have Mbemba and Dummett with Lascelles and Colo (if he’s staying) keeping them on their toes. The priority for me is a strong centre forward to form a partnership with Mitrovic.

• 98 Jib // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:02 PM

Belfast
    The bully boys started in on the wrong one.
    Bunch of soft tarts

• 99 GEORDIE69 // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:02 PM

Blackley and Brownlie -Howay man Orbetan is more Franz Carr than Aarons. Maybe a Wayne Ferriday!

• 100 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:05 PM

Belfast
    I’m gutted about Cilla. Couldn’t believe it. A sad loss for Britain.

• 101 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:05 PM

Well placed Belfast 🙂

Jib after many a conversation with you it’s obvious that the offending word was not meant in the way you provided. If anyone bullys it’s you when you have had a few sherrys

• 102 JamesToon // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:06 PM

My lineup v saints would be:

Krul

Janmaat-Mbemba-Taylor-Haidara

Wijnaldum-Colback

Sissoko-De Jong-Aarons

Mitrovic

• 103 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:10 PM

Geordie
    I remember giving Sir Bobby a bit of an ear bashing after a game about his liking of Kieron Dyer. I used to call Dyer “the o so nearly man”. Drifted past players like they weren’t there but couldn’t score and couldn’t assist. Looked good yeah, but couldn’t affect a game.

• 104 Jack // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:12 PM

Jib stop being a wum, you’re upsetting the sensitive ones!

• 105 lesh // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:14 PM

Blackley and Brownley

Aye, the demise of Cilla’s sent shock waves throughout Merseyside.

Liverpool fans have called for a public enquiry and a day of national mourning!

Couldn’t resist it.

• 106 Krul To Be Kind // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:14 PM

PapissGotaBrandNewBag and Kets are one the same imo

That conversation between them back a bit was quite funny!

• 107 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:14 PM

Geordie
    Yeah, Aarons has got to show that he’s not an Obertan. To be fair, he shows some promise but it’s very early days. How many full games has he played? Any?

• 108 GEORDIE69 // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:15 PM

Blackley and Brownlie, aye and he couldn’t throw a punch or pass a pub either! His pace was his only asset. It is hard to have faith in our ability to bring on our younger players!

• 109 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:18 PM

Lesh
    Cilla was a Black and White.

• 110 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:18 PM

Geordie69
    TBF dyer did play quite a few good games and was a product of Ipswich not ours.

After many years a toon fan can someone tell me the last superstar to come through our youth system?

• 111 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:21 PM

I want to see Aarons playing like Keith Gillespie against Barcelona. The best game I’ve ever been to.

• 112 Krul To Be Kind // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:23 PM

TACOM

Would you say Krul was a superstar?
    He came through the academy, and if I remember right in the 90’s Keegan abolished the youth setup

• 113 Jib // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:24 PM

The first ear bashing I saw sir bobby get at the Toon was when he was England manager and he was at SJP just after dropping Keegan , boy did he get the bird.

• 114 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:25 PM

KTBK

I forgot Krul tbh and yeah I would he’s a fantastic keeper, shame about his distribution though

• 115 GEORDIE69 // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:25 PM

Blackley and Brownlie – I went to see Oasis that night as I thought we would be in the Champions League every season. Don’t look back in anger! I heard myself say.

Take a Chancel on me – Has
    to be Gazza!

• 116 Krul To Be Kind // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:27 PM

The last truly undoubted world class talent to come through for my money was Gazza.

We had a couple decent players come through in the 90’s with Stevie Watson, Robbie Elliott, Stevie Howie and Lee Clark

• 117 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:28 PM

Gillespie was on fire that night. Great player.

• 118 Ketsbaia9 // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:29 PM

Pace, skill and quality crosses for Asprilla

• 119 Ian Toon // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:30 PM

Belfast – I prefer to view it as two loose cannons with a scattergun approach. Mr T has undertaken a dirty tricks campaign for some time with his chuckle Brother knowing that there is not one iota of truth in claims of multiple posting and the like. For him it’s all about being in control.. I personally prefer chatting about football and the excitement of a pending season. Catch you later.
    My Reference to Russian Senior women was an advert fromEd’s blog which I had not encountered before.

• 120 Krul To Be Kind // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:30 PM

TACOM

Krul is top drawer and I think he will get better at distributing when we have better options in front of him and better coaching than the prehistoric methods of the bib and coach man’s ramshackle outfit

• 121 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:31 PM

KTBK

Gazza obvious top quality player
    Watson again another brill player.

Shame we can’t churn names out like that now

• 122 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:32 PM

Any news on Andy Woodmans replacement?

• 123 Jib // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:36 PM

Leeds
    It’s Simon Smith

• 124 Krul To Be Kind // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:37 PM

The likes of the lads I mentioned earlier from the 90’s weren’t world beaters but honest hardworking local lads and gave a good consistent base to a side which had some top boys like Ginola, Ferdinand, Shearer to name but a few… The big thing was they wanted it, without sounding racist I’m not a big fan of the foreign influx of fairies, I’m a deep rooted keep the core british

• 125 GEORDIE69 // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:37 PM

Maybe the Ponytail Poacher Carroll – Getting 35 million for a youth product was successful.

• 126 Sazzer // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:47 PM

Here are my Ketsbaia Five:
    Antonio Rudiger, Jetro Willems, Sadio Berahino, Andre Carillo and Mauricio Isla on loan.

• 127 John Tudor // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:51 PM

clive allen says a bottom half side
    i cant doubt that comment

• 128 Tsunki // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:53 PM

Bobbybee @23, your throwaway line was merely met with a throwaway response. I’m all for optimism, but then I’m all for a dose of healthy realism. Yup, there might be a better showing this year and yup we might even do this or that. But yup we might not as well, and the reason I say that is because we have a trusty track record to reflect on. That’s why I thought a ‘ hold your horses’ comment was due on your unbridled rosy outlook. It needs a polar view, which many on here are quite willing to furnish with tales of gloom and peril. I like to think that between those poles I fall somewhere in the middle ; not expecting relegation and another year of turgid rubbish, but not jumping and clapping my hands either. Just remembering who is in charge of the show, and looking at the next year with 8 behind us.

• 129 JAMSHA // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:54 PM

Installed Windows 10 An im Impressed, Games Are All Smooth An Fast

• 130 Tsunki // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:54 PM

Ha ha Ketsbaia 5 🙂

• 131 Toon-Prodigy // Aug 3, 2015 at 9:58 PM

Has Sissoko gone yet? Can’t be long now..

• 132 Sazzer // Aug 3, 2015 at 10:11 PM

Toon-Prodigy
    Rumours of Sissoko going to Man City started today.

• 133 jayphoto // Aug 3, 2015 at 10:12 PM

Some guy ran a 1000 year simulate on FM manager and according to the game in the next 1000 years we’ll finish in the top 3 10 times. We’ll also go 800 years without top 3….. ashley that…

• 134 John Tudor // Aug 3, 2015 at 10:15 PM

when the taxi due

• 135 Sazzer // Aug 3, 2015 at 10:17 PM

jayphoto
    Did John Carver get another job?

• 136 the broons // Aug 3, 2015 at 10:18 PM

jayphoto

haha i just saw that, sheffield united also won the premier league a record 168 times…

• 137 the broons // Aug 3, 2015 at 10:19 PM

Sazzer

Think he was the one that started the sheffield united revolution actually

• 138 Belfast // Aug 3, 2015 at 10:19 PM

Surprise Surprise…. John Tudor

Most pundits journalists predictions that I’ve read agree with Clive Allen bottom half.

• 139 jayphoto // Aug 3, 2015 at 10:20 PM

Hes on the cover of FM 3015 ?

• 140 Toon-Prodigy // Aug 3, 2015 at 10:29 PM

Sazzer,

He has to be away surely, De Jong and Wijnaldum will cover. Abeid also I reckon will be away. Tiote and Anita to stay?

Waiting on some defensive cover and a winger and a last minute move for Austin. That should do it.

• 141 Offkey // Aug 3, 2015 at 10:30 PM

Did we do predictions for this season? for 13-14 there was this

ToonDarnSarf // May 20, 2014 at 2:46 PM

And if we award a winner for each accurate prediction…the winners are…

magicbus
    Transfer Sage
    DokToon

Those just behind were:
    check the toastie
    toonarmydownsouth
    ToonDownSouth
    geordie157
    martoon
    cbtoon82
    Noah Another Ameobi

And those who got absolutely nothing right…
    Barton
    jayphoto
    Sazzer

• 142 sing in the corner // Aug 3, 2015 at 10:33 PM

Geordie @115

I was at the Oasis gig too…LG comes on stage with a number 9 toon top ‘Liam’ on the back… Noel pausing between songs to announce the score (leading Barca). One of the things I CAN remember about that night. 🙂

• 143 lochinvar // Aug 3, 2015 at 10:36 PM

If Sissoko goes to Man City then that has to be minimum £30 million in
    the bank thanks. They have had a dreadfall pre-season and must now be worried that they can’t compete with the likes of Arsenal this season. Therefore they buy their way back and have the money to do so.
    Please pay at the counter, thank you.

On another matter…West Hams Valencia doesn’t need an op and is out for about (only) 10-12 weeks so doubt they will pay for Austin to cover that short time.
    West Ham co-chairman David Gold has said the club are looking to make a signing to cover Valencia’s absence, with Atletico Madrid’s Raul Jimenez a reported target.
    So if City pay up for Sissoko then not only can we go and get Austin but have covered the outlay on the players already bought in. Thats good business if it happens.

• 144 Toon-Prodigy // Aug 3, 2015 at 10:38 PM

Loch,

30 mil for Sissoko? I think we will be lucky to bring in half of that.

• 145 lochinvar // Aug 3, 2015 at 10:46 PM

Toon-Prodigy
    I agree but the notion was that if City want him and are desperate to strengthen their perhaps failing team then they are the one club who have the money to do so and in the current mad world of TV money on top we should ask them nicely to pay up.
    Think Ashley cap in hand
    Please sir can I have some more ?

• 146 Toon-Prodigy // Aug 3, 2015 at 10:54 PM

Loch,

Hopefully we will see a little bidding war between City and Liverpool. That’s all great so long as we see it pumped back into the team.

Cisse sold and out, Austin in for me also.

previous post: Newcastle After Another Dutch International Midfielder