Mitrovic – I’ve Always Loved Newcastle – Shearer One Of The Best Ever

Aleksandar Mitrovic has been interviewed in the Mirror  and he is said he is ready for the physical game ion England and he expects to be kicked by opposing defenders but he says he will kick back.

In fact Aleksandar seems to be looking forward to the physicality of the England game.

aleksandar mitrovic training st james' park

Aleksandar Mitrovic – at St. James’ Park Open day

Aleksandar has said he has always loved Newcastle and even when he watched the games on TV you can feel the passion of the Newcastle fans.

He also believes that Alan Shearer – his hero – is one best strikers in football history

Mitrovic is still only 20 and knows that manager Steve McClaren has already said when he crosses that white line he’s got a bit of devil in him.

He was asked about McClaren’s comment:

“We will see about that.” “It is normal if you want to score goals and be the best. You need to have this inside you. You must want to score in every game and to fight hard.”

“I am a typical No 9, who is always in the box. I am strong, good in the air and I like getting stuck in. I play a physical game.”

“Premier League defenders are going to kick me. They are going to kick me from the first minute — and I will kick them back, of course. This is normal for me. They will know all about me.”

“Yes, I have picked up a few scars during games. It proves I am prepared to go in where it hurts. If it means I will score a goal, I will put my head anywhere. “

“I know all about him (Alan Sharer)” “He is one of the best strikers in football history and I really respect him. It is an honor to play in his position for his club.”

“I have chosen number 45 because 4 plus 5 makes nine — but hopefully in the future I will be Newcastle’s No 9.”

“I didn’t ask for it because Papiss Cisse already has it and I don’t want to fight with him.”

“I can’t wait for Sunday,”  “I’ve always loved Newcastle because you can feel the passion of the crowd even when you are watching their games on TV.”

“Even today, with 13,000 people here, you could see that. It will be a pleasure to play here and I want to play on Sunday, of course.”

If the coach thinks I am not ready, then I will accept it – but I think I am ready.”

Mitrovic is a very aggressive player on the field and he already has two scars from previous clashes on the field in his short career so far.

An official 14,000 turned up for open day at St. James’ Park today and of course Aleksandar was one of the players on show.

When he scored his first goal today there was a terrific roar went up from the crowd containing a lot of school kids on their summer holidays.

Let’s hope we hear that roar a lot more in the coming season.

• JackButler

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:15 PM

Really like this kid already, love the way he comes accross in interviews and if he backs it up on the pitch he’ll quickly become a favorite of everyone

• jane

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:17 PM

Final position in league 14th
    Number of points in league 42
    League Cup round 4
    FA Cup round 4
    Number of 1st team signings this season 6
    Number of 1st team leaving this season 3
    Top goal scorer Austin
    Number of goals for top goal scorer 10

• JackButler

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:18 PM

“Steve McClaren sees no reason to upset the apple cart and appoints Fabricio Coloccini this season’s captain. Is this the best move for the squad’s performance this season?”

FFS!!!

My stomach just turned at the thought of this guy captaining us

• royal-county-geordie

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:19 PM

martoon repost

Final position in league 6th
    Number of points in league 63
    League Cup quarter finals
    FA Cup winners
    Number of 1st team signings this season 5
    Number of 1st team leaving this season 3
    Top goal scorer mitrovic
    Number of goals for top goal scorer 20
    top assists Aarons 10

• Mister Tuff

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:23 PM

I think Mitrovic is not going going to be overawed by the PL. He is not going to be frightened/by defenders and looks like he’s going to put himself about a bit -so there could be plently of controversy this season.
    Just what is needed somebody to really get stuck in.

• jane

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:26 PM

repost as I missed a question off

Final position in league: 14th
    Number of points in league: 42
    League Cup: round 4
    FA Cup: round 4
    Number of 1st team signings this season: 6
    Number of 1st team leaving this season: 3
    Top goal scorer: Austin
    Number of goals for top goal scorer: 10
    Top Assists: Wijnaldum

• JackButler

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:29 PM

Robbie Savage has us being relegated this coming season

• Take a Chancel on me

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:34 PM

Robbie savage is a loud mouth cnut, he’s an appaling pundit

• Bobbybee

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:34 PM

Whoever wears the armband is a figurehead. We’ve got a team full of captains and they’ll make themselves be heard. As Macca said, he wants eleven captains, so there’ll always be somebody ready to tell whoever isn’t concentrating to buck up. Coin tosser basically. 🙂

• dok - the horrid colonial

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:36 PM

savage is an utter assclown… even on this side of the pond, we know it..

• Bobbybee

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:36 PM

Robbie savage knows jack sheet about where we’ll finish.

• Tsunki

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:38 PM

He talk the talk. If he plays half as good it’ll be fun.

• Bobbybee

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:40 PM

Dok, ’nuff said then really. Known the world through from this time forward as robbie the assclown savage. Nice ring to it. 😉 He has, on the other hand, a look of Lily Savage about him too…

• Tsunki

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:42 PM

Robbie, bless him, is clueless in the workings of day to day life. Yeah yeah I know I know he played football once but let’s face it, on the subject of real life, he starts to struggle. Especially when commenting on it.

• Take a Chancel on me

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:45 PM

wouldn’t mind so much if Savage was a good player but all he used to do was kick shit outta his apponent

• Menelauos

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:50 PM

Martoon, don’t know if you saw mine:

Final position in league 10th
    Number of points in league 53
    League Cup round SF
    FA Cup round 4th Round
    Number of 1st team signings this season 4
    Number of 1st team leaving this season 3
    Top goal scorer Mitrovic
    Number of goals for top goal scorer 15
    Top Assists Winjaldum
    Number of Assists 12

• Tsunki

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:51 PM

If Al – can we call him Al? – if Al gets fired up with 14 K crowds, wait until he gets a 52 K opening day crowd singing at full whack.

Wor Al. That would be funny.

• lesh

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:53 PM

There’s been a helluva change in the Club’s attitude toward fans since McClaren arrived.

McClaren’s interviews are wide-ranging and thankfully more about football and the Club’s direction and it makes quite a change from the Pardew-delivered ‘party line) and Honhest John’s narcissism.

Add to that his attendance at the Fan Forum and they way he attempted to engage with fan reps and appeared to want to listen and understand.

Aaaaand today (the Chronic reported on it at 6.30 this morning) an open training session at SJP. When were training sessions last open?

There were many who questioned the appointment of McClaren and whether he’d have any influence over Charnley and his boss. Has he been able to knock some sense into the powers that be? It looks that way and I hope that his positive influence transfers to the pitch.

HWTF and oh, Ashley oot!

😀

• Tsunki

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:54 PM

JB – evidently toonbrother hasn’t got wind of that yet. Or maybe he has and he’s sitting in the corner of his cellar sucking his thumb and rocking back and forth.

• lesh

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:56 PM

TakeaChancel

Judging by the tone of your recent posts, can we take it that you’re on the mend?

😉

Top goal scorer Mitrovic
    Number of goals for top goal scorer 17
    Top Assists janmaat
    Number of Assists 11

• Tsunki

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:59 PM

Lesh – that’s an interesting observation. Charnley and mike seem to have turned desperately to the charms of pr ‘guru’ bishop, but could it be possible that SM is actually the savvy face of fan engagement? If this turnaround in customer relations is Steves idea, then they have a lot to thank him for.

• Take a Chancel on me

Aug 5, 2015 at 12:02 AM

Lesh
    Not really tbh I am back at hospital tomoz for a checkup
    Savage just annoys me he’s a twat.

• Bobbybee

Aug 5, 2015 at 12:08 AM

Pretty much everybody laughed at him anyway. We ain’t going down. Good crowd at the session today. Lots of excitement around Mitrovic. I really hope he starts with him on Sunday. He can always change if he tires. Same with Mbemba at CB. Go for it Macca! 🙂

• Take a Chancel on me

Aug 5, 2015 at 12:13 AM

Just listened to Steve’s phone in, very good interview. I feel quite positive after that

• lesh

Aug 5, 2015 at 12:20 AM

Chancel

The fact that you’ve been out of hospital for a little while says a lot.

You’re clearly as tough as owld boots and I’ll bet the hospital visit’s been arranged to let them bonny nurses that wants to catch up with you!!

Keep smiling and divvent let Savage boil your pi$$, he’s just a ponced-up tw@t!

• Menelauos

Aug 5, 2015 at 12:26 AM

Take a Chancel:

Ignore the long haired test, terrible player, terrible player. Look back at his previous record at predicting situations, bet he’s got 90% wrong, good luck in hospital lad.

• lesh

Aug 5, 2015 at 12:27 AM

Tsunki

Aye, it’s got to be McClaren’s brought some long needed football-nous into the boardroom.

And, this isn’t Bishop’s doing I’m sure, he’s more a specialist in crisis management.

Whatever, it’s brought about quite a change in many fans’ attitude.

What’s the chances of a sell-out and a win on Sunday? Well, if the atmosphere’s good, the players’ll rise ti it.

The score? Tricky, but what about a quiet 5-1?

🙂

• Menelauos

Aug 5, 2015 at 12:29 AM

Bloody hell Lesh, talk about optimistic 😉 what about 4-1. Be realistic.

• Toon-Prodigy

Aug 5, 2015 at 12:42 AM

Go on Lesh haha.

Far too optimistic in here!

Did anyone from the blog buy the alternative Magpie Toon top? I can see they are sold out.

• switch365

Aug 5, 2015 at 12:51 AM

Final position in league: 5th
    Number of points in league: 68
    League Cup: QF
    FA Cup: SF
    Number of 1st team signings this season: 4
    Number of 1st team leaving this season: 0
    Top goal scorer: Cisse
    Number of goals for top goal scorer: 24
    Top Assists: Wijnaldum

I think this season will be the complete reverse of pre-season, yes we will concede a fair few, but that is nothing new. What will change however is the goals for column, it’ll be the highest we’ve had for donkeys.

Cisse 24, Mitrovic 19, Ayoze 17, Wijnaldum 15, de Jong 12, Aarons 10 and an average of 2 for the other outfield players.

wishful thinking perhaps … we’ll see

• Toon-Prodigy

Aug 5, 2015 at 12:54 AM

Switch,

Wishful thinking?? We would probably win the league with those goals haha.

• Fatman_joe

Aug 5, 2015 at 12:57 AM

Savage was a terrible footballer and has proven to be even worse as a pundit. Even Derby and Leicester fans don’t like him. His opinion means little.

• Fatman_joe

Aug 5, 2015 at 1:01 AM

In terms of predictions, 9th in the league but who knows how many points that will be. 9th is very achievable with the wealth of attacking players we currently have. Good cup run with a possible win if Steve takes it seriously. Players in.. 2 more but I think that will include the cobbler lad. Players out.. probably three with gouffran, Williamson and vuckic surplus to requirements.

• expatmag

Aug 5, 2015 at 1:04 AM

Switch

Not wishful thinking mate.

Cloud cuckoo land, more like it……..lol

• Toon-Prodigy

Aug 5, 2015 at 1:09 AM

I know people are knocking Colo but I think him and Mbemba could provide a decent partnership. Mbemba has plenty pace to work along side him. It’s once the injuries start when we may see some problems.

Taylor isn’t as bad as people make out on here. The problem with him is his fitness and injury problems. Williamson has to go and I think he will. Lascelles should pip him now to 4th choice. Be very surprised now if another CB comes in.

Really surprised Colo is staying actually, atleast it looks that way anyway.

• switch365

Aug 5, 2015 at 1:09 AM

@expat

We’d all be quoting Special K if my figures were becoming a reality, each and every game – ‘I will love it if we beat them… Love it!’

😀

• beefman13

Aug 5, 2015 at 1:15 AM

Krul
    Janmatt
    Haidara
    Mbemba
    New centre half
    Sissoko( box to box)
    Wijnaldum
    Aarons
    De Jong
    Mitrovic
    Perez
    This for me would be a very good team, i cant bring myself to include Hollywood or Colo or Willo, they have inflicted far to much mental pain on me haha!

• lesh

Aug 5, 2015 at 1:49 AM

Menelaous, ToonP

Sorry about my ‘optistic’ 5-1, a typo – meant to say six!

HWTF, HWTL!

Oops, nearly forgot – Ashley, err…

• Dublin Toon Army

Aug 5, 2015 at 1:49 AM

Robbie savage has a cock nose