The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Mitrovic – I’ve Always Loved Newcastle – Shearer One Of The Best Ever

11:11 pm, Tuesday, August 4th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 79 Comments

Aleksandar Mitrovic has been interviewed in the Mirror  and he is said he is ready for the physical game ion England and he expects to be kicked by opposing defenders but he says he will kick back.

In fact Aleksandar seems to be looking forward to the physicality of the England game.

aleksandar mitrovic training st james' park

Aleksandar Mitrovic – at St. James’ Park Open day

Aleksandar has said he has always loved Newcastle and even when he watched the games on TV you can feel the passion of the Newcastle fans.

He also believes that Alan Shearer – his hero – is one best strikers in football history

Mitrovic is still only 20 and knows that manager Steve McClaren has already said when he crosses that white line he’s got a bit of devil in him.

He was asked about McClaren’s comment:

“We will see about that.” “It is normal if you want to score goals and be the best. You need to have this inside you. You must want to score in every game and to fight hard.”

“I am a typical No 9, who is always in the box. I am strong, good in the air and I like getting stuck in. I play a physical game.”

“Premier League defenders are going to kick me. They are going to kick me from the first minute — and I will kick them back, of course. This is normal for me. They will know all about me.”

“Yes, I have picked up a few scars during games. It proves I am prepared to go in where it hurts. If it means I will score a goal, I will put my head anywhere. “

“I know all about him (Alan Sharer)” “He is one of the best strikers in football history and I really respect him. It is an honor to play in his position for his club.”

“I have chosen number 45 because 4 plus 5 makes nine — but hopefully in the future I will be Newcastle’s No 9.”

“I didn’t ask for it because Papiss Cisse already has it and I don’t want to fight with him.”

“I can’t wait for Sunday,”  “I’ve always loved Newcastle because you can feel the passion of the crowd even when you are watching their games on TV.”

“Even today, with 13,000 people here, you could see that. It will be a pleasure to play here and I want to play on Sunday, of course.”

If the coach thinks I am not ready, then I will accept it – but I think I am ready.”

Mitrovic is a very aggressive player on the field and he already has two scars from previous clashes on the field in his short career so far.

An official 14,000 turned up for open day at St. James’ Park today and of course Aleksandar was one of the players on show.

When he scored his first goal today there was a terrific roar went up from the crowd containing a lot of school kids on their summer holidays.

Let’s hope we hear that roar a lot more in the coming season.

Tags: Alan Shearer · Aleksandar Mitrovic · Newcastle News · Pre-season · Premier League

79 responses so far ↓

• 1 JackButler // Aug 4, 2015 at 11:15 PM

Really like this kid already, love the way he comes accross in interviews and if he backs it up on the pitch he’ll quickly become a favorite of everyone

• 2 jane // Aug 4, 2015 at 11:17 PM

Final position in league 14th
    Number of points in league 42
    League Cup round 4
    FA Cup round 4
    Number of 1st team signings this season 6
    Number of 1st team leaving this season 3
    Top goal scorer Austin
    Number of goals for top goal scorer 10

• 3 JackButler // Aug 4, 2015 at 11:18 PM

“Steve McClaren sees no reason to upset the apple cart and appoints Fabricio Coloccini this season’s captain. Is this the best move for the squad’s performance this season?”

My stomach just turned at the thought of this guy captaining us

• 4 royal-county-geordie // Aug 4, 2015 at 11:19 PM

martoon repost

Final position in league 6th
    Number of points in league 63
    League Cup quarter finals
    FA Cup winners
    Number of 1st team signings this season 5
    Number of 1st team leaving this season 3
    Top goal scorer mitrovic
    Number of goals for top goal scorer 20
    top assists Aarons 10

• 5 Mister Tuff // Aug 4, 2015 at 11:23 PM

I think Mitrovic is not going going to be overawed by the PL. He is not going to be frightened/by defenders and looks like he’s going to put himself about a bit -so there could be plently of controversy this season.
    Just what is needed somebody to really get stuck in.

• 6 jane // Aug 4, 2015 at 11:26 PM

repost as I missed a question off

Final position in league: 14th
    Number of points in league: 42
    League Cup: round 4
    FA Cup: round 4
    Number of 1st team signings this season: 6
    Number of 1st team leaving this season: 3
    Top goal scorer: Austin
    Number of goals for top goal scorer: 10
    Top Assists: Wijnaldum

• 7 JackButler // Aug 4, 2015 at 11:29 PM

Robbie Savage has us being relegated this coming season

• 8 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 4, 2015 at 11:34 PM

Robbie savage is a loud mouth cnut, he’s an appaling pundit

• 9 Bobbybee // Aug 4, 2015 at 11:34 PM

Whoever wears the armband is a figurehead. We’ve got a team full of captains and they’ll make themselves be heard. As Macca said, he wants eleven captains, so there’ll always be somebody ready to tell whoever isn’t concentrating to buck up. Coin tosser basically. 🙂

• 10 dok - the horrid colonial // Aug 4, 2015 at 11:36 PM

savage is an utter assclown… even on this side of the pond, we know it..

• 11 Bobbybee // Aug 4, 2015 at 11:36 PM

Robbie savage knows jack sheet about where we’ll finish.

• 12 Tsunki // Aug 4, 2015 at 11:38 PM

He talk the talk. If he plays half as good it’ll be fun.

• 13 Bobbybee // Aug 4, 2015 at 11:40 PM

Dok, ’nuff said then really. Known the world through from this time forward as robbie the assclown savage. Nice ring to it. 😉 He has, on the other hand, a look of Lily Savage about him too…

• 14 Tsunki // Aug 4, 2015 at 11:42 PM

Robbie, bless him, is clueless in the workings of day to day life. Yeah yeah I know I know he played football once but let’s face it, on the subject of real life, he starts to struggle. Especially when commenting on it.

• 15 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 4, 2015 at 11:45 PM

wouldn’t mind so much if Savage was a good player but all he used to do was kick shit outta his apponent

• 16 Menelauos // Aug 4, 2015 at 11:50 PM

Martoon, don’t know if you saw mine:

Final position in league 10th
    Number of points in league 53
    League Cup round SF
    FA Cup round 4th Round
    Number of 1st team signings this season 4
    Number of 1st team leaving this season 3
    Top goal scorer Mitrovic
    Number of goals for top goal scorer 15
    Top Assists Winjaldum
    Number of Assists 12

• 17 Tsunki // Aug 4, 2015 at 11:51 PM

If Al – can we call him Al? – if Al gets fired up with 14 K crowds, wait until he gets a 52 K opening day crowd singing at full whack.

Wor Al. That would be funny.

• 18 lesh // Aug 4, 2015 at 11:53 PM

There’s been a helluva change in the Club’s attitude toward fans since McClaren arrived.

McClaren’s interviews are wide-ranging and thankfully more about football and the Club’s direction and it makes quite a change from the Pardew-delivered ‘party line) and Honhest John’s narcissism.

Add to that his attendance at the Fan Forum and they way he attempted to engage with fan reps and appeared to want to listen and understand.

Aaaaand today (the Chronic reported on it at 6.30 this morning) an open training session at SJP. When were training sessions last open?

There were many who questioned the appointment of McClaren and whether he’d have any influence over Charnley and his boss. Has he been able to knock some sense into the powers that be? It looks that way and I hope that his positive influence transfers to the pitch.

HWTF and oh, Ashley oot!

• 19 Tsunki // Aug 4, 2015 at 11:54 PM

JB – evidently toonbrother hasn’t got wind of that yet. Or maybe he has and he’s sitting in the corner of his cellar sucking his thumb and rocking back and forth.

• 20 lesh // Aug 4, 2015 at 11:56 PM

Judging by the tone of your recent posts, can we take it that you’re on the mend?

• 21 Pardews Priceless Bulls#*t // Aug 4, 2015 at 11:56 PM

Final position in league 7th
    Number of points in league 60
    League Cup round qf
    FA Cup round 4th Round
    Number of 1st team signings this season 5
    Number of 1st team leaving this season 4
    Top goal scorer Mitrovic
    Number of goals for top goal scorer 17
    Top Assists janmaat
    Number of Assists 11

• 22 Tsunki // Aug 4, 2015 at 11:59 PM

Lesh – that’s an interesting observation. Charnley and mike seem to have turned desperately to the charms of pr ‘guru’ bishop, but could it be possible that SM is actually the savvy face of fan engagement? If this turnaround in customer relations is Steves idea, then they have a lot to thank him for.

• 23 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 5, 2015 at 12:02 AM

Not really tbh I am back at hospital tomoz for a checkup
    Savage just annoys me he’s a twat.

• 24 Bobbybee // Aug 5, 2015 at 12:08 AM

Pretty much everybody laughed at him anyway. We ain’t going down. Good crowd at the session today. Lots of excitement around Mitrovic. I really hope he starts with him on Sunday. He can always change if he tires. Same with Mbemba at CB. Go for it Macca! 🙂

• 25 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 5, 2015 at 12:13 AM

Just listened to Steve’s phone in, very good interview. I feel quite positive after that

• 26 lesh // Aug 5, 2015 at 12:20 AM

The fact that you’ve been out of hospital for a little while says a lot.

You’re clearly as tough as owld boots and I’ll bet the hospital visit’s been arranged to let them bonny nurses that wants to catch up with you!!

Keep smiling and divvent let Savage boil your pi$$, he’s just a ponced-up tw@t!

• 27 Menelauos // Aug 5, 2015 at 12:26 AM

Take a Chancel:

Ignore the long haired test, terrible player, terrible player. Look back at his previous record at predicting situations, bet he’s got 90% wrong, good luck in hospital lad.

• 28 lesh // Aug 5, 2015 at 12:27 AM

Aye, it’s got to be McClaren’s brought some long needed football-nous into the boardroom.

And, this isn’t Bishop’s doing I’m sure, he’s more a specialist in crisis management.

Whatever, it’s brought about quite a change in many fans’ attitude.

What’s the chances of a sell-out and a win on Sunday? Well, if the atmosphere’s good, the players’ll rise ti it.

The score? Tricky, but what about a quiet 5-1?

• 29 Menelauos // Aug 5, 2015 at 12:29 AM

Bloody hell Lesh, talk about optimistic 😉 what about 4-1. Be realistic.

• 30 Toon-Prodigy // Aug 5, 2015 at 12:42 AM

Go on Lesh haha.

Far too optimistic in here!

Did anyone from the blog buy the alternative Magpie Toon top? I can see they are sold out.

• 31 switch365 // Aug 5, 2015 at 12:51 AM

Final position in league: 5th
    Number of points in league: 68
    League Cup: QF
    FA Cup: SF
    Number of 1st team signings this season: 4
    Number of 1st team leaving this season: 0
    Top goal scorer: Cisse
    Number of goals for top goal scorer: 24
    Top Assists: Wijnaldum

I think this season will be the complete reverse of pre-season, yes we will concede a fair few, but that is nothing new. What will change however is the goals for column, it’ll be the highest we’ve had for donkeys.

Cisse 24, Mitrovic 19, Ayoze 17, Wijnaldum 15, de Jong 12, Aarons 10 and an average of 2 for the other outfield players.

wishful thinking perhaps … we’ll see

• 32 Toon-Prodigy // Aug 5, 2015 at 12:54 AM

Wishful thinking?? We would probably win the league with those goals haha.

• 33 Fatman_joe // Aug 5, 2015 at 12:57 AM

Savage was a terrible footballer and has proven to be even worse as a pundit. Even Derby and Leicester fans don’t like him. His opinion means little.

• 34 Fatman_joe // Aug 5, 2015 at 1:01 AM

In terms of predictions, 9th in the league but who knows how many points that will be. 9th is very achievable with the wealth of attacking players we currently have. Good cup run with a possible win if Steve takes it seriously. Players in.. 2 more but I think that will include the cobbler lad. Players out.. probably three with gouffran, Williamson and vuckic surplus to requirements.

• 35 expatmag // Aug 5, 2015 at 1:04 AM

Not wishful thinking mate.

Cloud cuckoo land, more like it……

• 36 Toon-Prodigy // Aug 5, 2015 at 1:09 AM

I know people are knocking Colo but I think him and Mbemba could provide a decent partnership. Mbemba has plenty pace to work along side him. It’s once the injuries start when we may see some problems.

Taylor isn’t as bad as people make out on here. The problem with him is his fitness and injury problems. Williamson has to go and I think he will. Lascelles should pip him now to 4th choice. Be very surprised now if another CB comes in.

Really surprised Colo is staying actually, atleast it looks that way anyway.

• 37 switch365 // Aug 5, 2015 at 1:09 AM

We’d all be quoting Special K if my figures were becoming a reality, each and every game – ‘I will love it if we beat them… Love it!’

• 38 beefman13 // Aug 5, 2015 at 1:15 AM

New centre half
    Sissoko( box to box)
    De Jong
    This for me would be a very good team, i cant bring myself to include Hollywood or Colo or Willo, they have inflicted far to much mental pain on me haha!

• 39 lesh // Aug 5, 2015 at 1:49 AM

Menelaous, ToonP

Sorry about my ‘optistic’ 5-1, a typo – meant to say six!

Oops, nearly forgot – Ashley, err…

• 40 Dublin Toon Army // Aug 5, 2015 at 1:49 AM

Robbie savage has a cock nose

• 41 Dingo†® // Aug 5, 2015 at 2:10 AM

does anybody have a link to the Macca interview on BBC Newcastle? I cant use the BBC player in the states.

• 42 Offkey // Aug 5, 2015 at 2:25 AM

Take a chancel gave it to me earlier

• 43 canuckmag // Aug 5, 2015 at 3:33 AM

Final position in league 16th
    Number of points in league 34
    League Cup round 4
    FA Cup round 4
    Number of 1st team signings this season 3
    Number of 1st team leaving this season 2
    Top goal scorer Cisse
    Number of goals for top goal scorer 9

Don’t believe the hype we are still shit, being lied to and I think Alan Mclaren is full of crap. Collo still Captain? Build a team around Sissoko? It’s like listening to Schteve Pardew all over again, and everyone is buying it because he is full of schmooze. is he seriously watching the same games as we are, and seeing the same underperformance we are??? So frustrating.

• 44 remember69 // Aug 5, 2015 at 3:53 AM

Ashley IN!!!!!!

• 45 Unplugged toon // Aug 5, 2015 at 4:27 AM

I’m sure when we finished 5th we had an average pre season

• 46 Reyantoon // Aug 5, 2015 at 5:30 AM

Very good decision to let coloccini continue as captain,as long as he is here.If he’s to change that,it will create unrest between the players.
    Good to see some players back in training as well.I read Cabella,Dummett,Tiote,Reviere and coloccini were training yesterday,is that true?
    If that is true,we are ready to kick in.Hope SM will go for Colo-Mbemba partnership in CDs!!

• 47 jimmysmith // Aug 5, 2015 at 5:35 AM

A good way of quantifying Ashley’s ambition for Newcastle is to compare the overall market value of our squad and wages with other EPL clubs, and also the quality of the coaching set up, staff and facilities etc.

If we aren’t around seventh in those, criteria or moving toward it, you might think Ashley is retaining a policy of punching light.

There was a time when we might have had legitimate claims to being the fifth largest English club, even in the early days of Ashley’s ownership, but I’m afraid that ship has long since sailed, leaving us in its wake.

• 48 jimmysmith // Aug 5, 2015 at 6:06 AM

I think Newcastle will obviously finish behind the big four, and Liverpool and Spurs, and are probably doomed to for evermore, but should be competing for seventh, with Southampton, Everton and West Ham and with an advantage in size against those three clubs, although West Ham are poised to grow rapidly after their move to the Olympic Stadium. My prediction, erring if anything on a more hopeful side, eighth.

• 49 Magpie Season // Aug 5, 2015 at 6:09 AM

David Moyes won all his pre-season games for Manchester United.

• 50 Reyantoon // Aug 5, 2015 at 6:15 AM

Btw,what happened to the plan of building a new training complex?Is that deal in the water?

• 51 Bournemouth FC // Aug 5, 2015 at 6:27 AM

Mitrovic will be a flop..then he will come to bournemouth and become a hero… Booyaahhh

• 52 Ian Toon // Aug 5, 2015 at 6:36 AM

Lets not forget that we’ve still got defensive weaknesses which almost led to relegation in two of the last three seasons. McClaren (Macca) should ensure a more attractive playing style and a better team spirit. Allied to a better vocal backing from fans this should in time provide more of a fortress type atmosphere at SJP. Carver was a disastrous stop-gap, so this season offers much needed optimism to toon fans. With the addition of a CB and the likelihood of the team operating more as a defensive and a cohesive unit operating with a higher line better able to maintain possession and kill games off we can progress – certainly a further addition of goals to the squad through the acquisition of Austin would see us at around 9th in the league. Macca spoke of being hard pressed for an 8th place finish after last seasons debacle.

• 53 Ian Toon // Aug 5, 2015 at 6:49 AM

Mark Jensen( Few I still read at The Mag)
    “Going into the 2015/16 season Newcastle United are ready to compete with Europe’s best, after Mike Ashley invested £10m into a new state of the art training ground with work already well underway, which will be finished in early 2016, as well as having invested £15m into recruiting some of the best young talent around.”

• 54 Lilongwe Geordie // Aug 5, 2015 at 6:52 AM

Sorry, I had gone yesterday by the time you posted. I am only on briefly this morning, have a full day coaching and helping the squad with maths and english today. So, quickly in response to your question,

1. Chelsea

15. Aston Villa
    16. Sunderland
    17. Leicester
    18. Bournemouth
    19. Norwich
    20. Watford

I’ve put spaces in between as I think it will be essentially 3 mini leagues, and that is how I see the split. I think we have enough to manage 8th to 10th, barring serious suspension and issues like those of last season.

I think Spurs could drop down a bit, unless they sign a couple of players – in centre mid especially, but also someone to assist Harry Kane with goals.

• 55 Ian Toon // Aug 5, 2015 at 6:56 AM

Lilongwe- Thanks. I’ll provide later.Enjoy your day.

• 56 hibbit // Aug 5, 2015 at 6:57 AM

sundays going to be very interesting ..the back 4 should have had a major rebuild 1 new player in that department never kick a ball in the prem played 28 mins in a warm up game and is now out of the uk trying to get a visa not perfect preparation

• 57 Ian Toon // Aug 5, 2015 at 6:57 AM

You need to differentiate with the Manchester’s -Lol.

• 58 Lilongwe Geordie // Aug 5, 2015 at 7:01 AM

Ha, yeah, I was struggling to decide between them! I guess City 3rd, United 4th. One injury to Rooney and United lack a goalscorer!

• 59 jimmysmith // Aug 5, 2015 at 7:11 AM

Without wanting to indulge Bourbemouth FC, despite his club doing spledidly in recent seasons, it is true and sobering, I think, that it is highly likely that one or more of our apparently excellent new though untested and young signings will struggle and ultimately fail to settle and succeed at Newcastle. Very difficult league to cut it in.

• 60 lochinvar // Aug 5, 2015 at 7:14 AM

Is this Savage person a specimen ?
    The Mackems could use him as their role model

• 61 Lilongwe Geordie // Aug 5, 2015 at 7:25 AM

I seem to remember Savage predicted relegation for us the season after promotion and the season we finished 5th.

Better footballer then he was ever given credit for, but he is making up for it by being allowed more airtime and column inches then his knowledge as a pundit should allow.

• 62 the broons // Aug 5, 2015 at 7:31 AM

Robbie Savage got us going down?
    nah, no matter what we are in a miles better position than we were last year, having said that we gotta hope we stay more or less injury free, and of course a centre back coming in is still crucial.

And I am refusing to comment on my predicted finish until i see whether or not another centre back does come in. At the moment I don’t see us quite making top 10, 1 good centre back brought in however and i think we make top 10 comfortably.

• 63 the broons // Aug 5, 2015 at 7:37 AM

linglongwe geordie

You think he was underrated as a footballer? I think he was the type of player that every team needs. i.e. nasy piece of work that liked to leave his foot in. But I think as a footballer he was just an average premier league footballer at best, which is all he is given credit for.

I was very young at the time but I remember everyone saying how strong of a midfield leicester had with savage and wise and co. And if I remember correctly they ended up bottom comfortably.

• 64 Reyantoon // Aug 5, 2015 at 7:53 AM

Savage is an old twat as usual.His analysis is as aggressive as his playing style.Still don’t get why they let him sit there & spout his foul mouth

• 65 Tinman // Aug 5, 2015 at 7:57 AM

Fine I can’t resist here you go Martoon

Final position in league 8th
    Number of points in league 60
    League Cup – Semi final
    FA Cup – last 16
    Number of 1st team signings this season 6
    Number of 1st team leaving this season 1
    Top goal scorer Mitrovic
    Number of goals for top goal scorer 16

• 66 the broons // Aug 5, 2015 at 8:00 AM

nearly everyone on here think mitrovic is gonna score 15+ this season. If he does I will be delighted but it will be short lived as we can be expecting him off to chelsea for a cool 30+ million.

• 67 Slank // Aug 5, 2015 at 8:05 AM

I don’t mind people like Savage thinking we will be propping up the league as it will just be egg on their faces come the end of the season when we end up around about 10th.

• 68 will die for the toon army // Aug 5, 2015 at 8:06 AM

As Micky said we first need to get e best out of the old players and motivate them to get e best out of them. Krul Colo Janmatt Sissoko Cheick Taylor Cabella Rivere De Jong Anita Colback.

The young ones Abeid Aarons Perez Dumett Bigi Fergie Haidara can be brought in slowly.
    But are also good.

Wijnaldum Mbemba and Mitrovic have brought in the improvement we needed. A CB CAM and F. All are quality and above wat we have.

GK: Krul, Darlow, Elliot
    RB: Janmatt, Bigi
    LB: Haidara, Dummett, Fergie.
    CB: Mbemba, Colo, Taylor, Willo, Lascales, Good
    CM: Abeid, Colback, Cheick, Anita
    CAM: Wijnaldum, De Jong
    RM: Sissoko, Perez, Obertan
    LM: Cabella, Aarons, Goufrann
    F: Mitrovic, Cisse, Rivere

• 69 martoon // Aug 5, 2015 at 8:10 AM

So far I have predictions from:
    Take a Chancel on me
    Yorkshire Magpie
    dok – the horrid colonial
    Noel Worst
    Our Toon
    english yeoman
    check the toastie
    LewSpi v2.0
    Pardews Priceless Bulls#*t

Have I missed anybody?

• 70 Santon03 // Aug 5, 2015 at 8:11 AM

I can’t wait for Sunday. My prediction 3-0 win for NUFC.

• 71 Santon03 // Aug 5, 2015 at 8:16 AM

top 5, winning a cup.

• 72 beermonkey // Aug 5, 2015 at 8:20 AM

do we play sunday I thought we played sat

• 73 will die for the toon army // Aug 5, 2015 at 8:20 AM

Lose Fergie and Good send on loan and Get in Austin for more competition in strikers position.
    And get ur squad of 25 players plus 5 Under 21s
    Thats a team of 30 players.

• 74 LGFUAD21 // Aug 5, 2015 at 8:26 AM

Don’t see the fuss over Colo.

He’s more than adequate at cb. I think he was dissolutioned under Pardew and there have been reports that he was vocal about the style of play.

Fans seem to always need some scapegoat or Pariah to be hounding out the door.

On his day he’s still a decent cb at this level. Even if his age isn’t showing. I don’t think any of our team looked enthusiastic last season so don’t get why he gets singled out.

Saylor also gets more flack than he deserves in my opinion. He’s a sick note alright but whenever he has gotten a run of games going he’s started to look good. He only does stupid things in his first few matches back from injury.

As for Willo, there’s no defending him. He panics. Switches off and lacks the technique to remain calm and make smart decisions in the ball.

Someone said it spot on yesterday. The whole team needs to buck up ideas in defence. It’s not just the defenders responsibility to keep goals out. Our midfield notoriously exposes our defence and we’ve not got a single midfielder that is capable of breaking up play.

Sissoko is a headless chicken. Anita is too lightweight (not for the league necessarily but for that position. People still think he is a dm. He isn’t and never was at Ajax. He was a deep lying midfielder in a possession based team – there’s a huge difference).

Tiote protected the back four because he was positionally disciplined (although he lacks discipline elsewhere).

Chelsea back four were nothing without Matic.
    Southampton is the same without Schneiderlin and Wanyama.
    Arsenal had Flamini two seasons back who immediately shored up their defence by protecting them.

I agree we shipped a lot of goals through individual errors from defenders. But you can also improve it a lot by taking a more holistic approach.

We need a replacement for Tiote of the same mould. That will break up play, stay in position and release the other midfielders to create.

Our best cb partnership in recent times was Tiote and Cabaye bit wasn’t just the players ability but they complimented each other well. Tiote would win the ball and give it to Cabs to attack.

If we had a player sitting back, winning the ball and releasing Moussa and Gini quickly we could damage teams on the counter.

• 75 sing in the corner // Aug 5, 2015 at 8:27 AM

Hopefully Saints will get a bit of a rough ride at Vitesse on Thursday, flight delays maybe. Bit of tiredness and a knock or two…might level them up with I hope because they are hitting the ground running in terms of preseason..and we looked a bit sluggish in some of our run outs.
    Having said that Southampton are 3 nil up from the 1st leg so might not have to play a strong side..

• 76 Santon03 // Aug 5, 2015 at 8:33 AM

it says Aug 9, which is Sunday.

• 77 lochinvar // Aug 5, 2015 at 8:46 AM

You missed me – the old gadgie in the corner

Final position in league 7th

Fa cup-4th rd
    Signings in- 4
    Signings out-3
    Top scorer -Mitrovic
    Goals scored 14

• 79 EllaGuru // Aug 5, 2015 at 12:13 PM

Great words from Mitrovic! Let’s all get behind him and hope that he can back them up with the goals and physicality he has promised us!

previous post: Former Newcastle Player Gives Austin Good Advice