Austin Starts For QPR – Boss Says It’s Out Of His Hands

26-year-old Charlie Austin started for QPR in their 2-0 loss at Charlton Athletic today, and he hit the post in the first half,  before he was taken off late in the game after 86 minutes.

So it was not a good start for QPR in the Championship today.

austin against charlton

Charlie Austin in action today at Charlton

After the game the QPR boss again talked up the fact he expected Charlie to be sold if the right offer comes in for him.

The transfer window slams shut three weeks on Monday night,  and we’ll just have to wait and see if any club comes in with a bid of £15M for the striker, whose contract runs out next June.

This is what manager Chris Ramsey said after the game:

“If the owners get the right money, I think he will be moving on,” “He would be a big loss for any club in any division.”

“He’s going to be a massive gain for anybody that has the money to buy him.” “It’s out of my hands, it’s up to what the club wants to do.”

QPR paid £4M for him two years ago when they signed him after he had failed a medical at Hull City,  and last season he scored a good 18 Premier League goals in 35 appearances for a struggling QPR side.

But it’s not clear if any club will come in for him before the end of the month – with Newcastle the club he has been expected to join.

Newcastle is said to be Charlie’s first choice, and the striker had this to say to BBC Sport after the game when asked if he would be leaving QPR:

“I’m available until I’m told otherwise.”

And so the saga goes on.

• jazzyp

Aug 8, 2015 at 9:26 PM

Be glad when this saga is put to bed one way or another.
    A dangerous game we are playing if we are interested in this lad. Bangs loads of goals in and a bigger team may come calling. carries on in this vain and we may end up with a bargain

• Bobbybee

Aug 8, 2015 at 9:30 PM

We don’t want him by the look of it. Anyway, after last season, the last thing perez needs is putting further down the pecking order to stagnate. Not going to happen. Next storyline please.

• JackButler

Aug 8, 2015 at 9:37 PM

The lad will want out asap if he wants to go to the Euros next year as the chances of him being involved playing in the championship are next to zero

• will die for the toon army

Aug 8, 2015 at 9:39 PM

Some one pliz buy Austin. Edd cant get over it. We r not interested

• Crow59

Aug 8, 2015 at 9:39 PM

Pochetino will realise after today the spuds will be ruined if anything happens to Kane, so 15m for Austin is minimal in terms of what they’ve got for there departures.
    I really hope we get him over that imaginary line though, as I think him and Mitrovic would be the best forward line up that we’ve had in a while.
    Can’t wait for tomorrow and I’m being optomistic.

• JackButler

Aug 8, 2015 at 9:39 PM

Bobby

I think we do want him, but at our valuation and not QPR’s

• Fostino

Aug 8, 2015 at 9:42 PM

Spurs fans don’t even want austin. They want an exciting striker/ attacker with flair. 15 m fir austin is a lot. Only way we’ll hand that over is if we get cisse off the books #newno9

• Fostino

Aug 8, 2015 at 9:43 PM

With all the strikers West Brom are buying. .berahino is dispensible I’d say

• will die for the toon army

Aug 8, 2015 at 9:44 PM

I think with our system we r ok on strikers.
    We need 3 and we have 3 in ranking.

Mitrovic, Cisse, Rivere.

• OneAlanShearer

Aug 8, 2015 at 9:50 PM

I feel for the lad. Just wants his shot. I stand by my stance he would be ideal for us to switch to 2 up front in games. Give us a real chance in the cups with that depth as well.

• OneAlanShearer

Aug 8, 2015 at 9:51 PM

Berahino will end up at spurs.

• will die for the toon army

Aug 8, 2015 at 9:54 PM

Mcca shld go back for e traditional 4 4 2

• toon kk

Aug 8, 2015 at 9:54 PM

I think with another season or so Rivere could actually be a good player, he just needs a bit more play time, or and remember where the back of the net is.

• Bobbybee

Aug 8, 2015 at 9:58 PM

Jack, I’m not convinced we do mate. We never said we were, it was all media hype. They even had us making an offer, which we now know hasn’t happened. I think QPR are selfish at that price. They could ruin any chance he has of fulfilling his dream of representing his country at the Euro’s.for someone who fought through from non-league to where he is, that’s harsh!

• OneAlanShearer

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:02 PM

Toon kk. For me Riviere is never going to cut it. He simply isn’t good enough even though he does have the right attitude.

• JamesToon

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:09 PM

repost r.e. system
    Chronicle saying Sissoko is gonna be deployed as a right midfielder, except given a free role to roam about.

Our system is starting to sound like Pochettino’s Southampton if you know what I mean, they played 4-2-3-1 with a high press and emphasis on ball retention, and they always had a direct winger like Rodriguez getting in behind and a “free roaming” right winger (like sissoko’s role) in ward prowse/Davis

• Noel Worst

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:11 PM

Happily wait until Jan and get him on a pre-contract or for sub £5m.

• WWSBRD

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:21 PM

Don’t think we can get him on a pre contract mate

• Belfast

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:22 PM

I haven’t read a Austin article in ages, well at least a few hours lol

Channel five are basically going to ruin the football league show.

Remember a few years ago when Match of the day moved to Itv? Pain in the arse.

Flashbacks! 🙂

• Take a Chancel on me

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:22 PM

MOTD and Scumderlands thrashing up first 🙂

• JackButler

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:23 PM

Everything depends on Cisse’s future, he’s our only proven goal scorer and he’s been off his game for a while, if he does leave or fails to rediscover his form we will be desperate for another striker in as relying on Mitrovic, Perez and Rivière is not likely to get us plenty of goals

• Take a Chancel on me

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:23 PM

• JackButler

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:28 PM

Nice to see that our defensive worries are nothing compared to those of the Scum 🙂

Also reassuring To know that Cattermole is still the useless donkey he’s always been

• WWSBRD

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:30 PM

Oh dear Sunderland oh dear

• Sazzer

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:30 PM

Toulouse, St.Etienne and Monaco said same thing about Riviere. Problem is he has never scored a lot of goals.

• Belfast

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:31 PM

According to Jesper Sunderland have addressed their defence hahaha

• Belfast

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:31 PM

Jesper… Oot

• WWSBRD

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:32 PM

JB
    Is Cisse actually fit now? Well for 3 months until he needs his knee surgery again

• JackButler

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:35 PM

WWSBRD

Not sure mate tbh, I think that’s the reason we are interested in Austin as he’s a proven goal scorer.

I really like Perez and Mitrovic is talking a very good game while Rivière is neither here nor there imho but expecting us to be carried through by that three is a very tall order

• Take a Chancel on me

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:38 PM

• toon kk

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:39 PM

When we had Carrol, although he needed Barton to supply him, you knew half a chance the ball was in the back of the net. Same with Ba then Remy. Last season we hadn’t that threat. So hopefully Cisse will rediscover his true form along with Mit. But our defence? The worst in the league.

• beermonkey

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:40 PM

chancel

sunderland were woeful

I do like vardy he did well last season
    I wonder what he would have cost

• WWSBRD

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:42 PM

JB
    Tbh I think Cisse in the clubs eyes needs to be moved on. His knee is shit from what I heard, his on the wrong side of the age bracket and they won’t make money on him after this window

I like Perez but he isn’t a proper striker imo Mitrovic looks good but who knows if he will hit the ground running. Rivi and Goofy just don’t score enough

• WWSBRD

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:44 PM

I really dislike Swansea, truly hope they go down

• Sazzer

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:46 PM

Young proven EPL players are usually not available for us to buy. But Austin and Beraino are clearly available. And it might not even cost anything if we manage to sell 1 of them for 35 m if they score more goals in a better team than last season.

• beermonkey

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:47 PM

wws

I can see us using dejong up front at times this season more so if we move cisse on

does any1 know if armstrongs goals were on the league show that was on chan 5 tonight

• JackButler

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:48 PM

WWSBRD

Agreed mate, let’s just hope we are trying to do something. Perez is more like an old fasioned No#10 to me and Rivière could come good, but I’m not holding my breath and Goofy is simply not a striker, he just a hard working midfielder who will be a squad player this season imo, but if Mitrovic plays as well as the game he’s been talking he should be a massive hit 🙂 but do you take that chance when we could possibly get someone proven?

Read today that Everton are trying to get Shaqiri on loan with an option, would be something I’d like to see us involved in

• JackButler

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:49 PM

WWSBRD

WHAT???????????

Why do you want Swansea to go down?

• Belfast

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:49 PM

I would rather pay the extra 2 million for Austin than sign the bloke from the French league.