The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

This Man Could Become The Hero At Newcastle

9:40 am, Saturday, August 8th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 96 Comments

It’s not surprising that Steve McClaren seems to have given lots of interviews before his first competitive game in charge of Newcastle United tomorrow afternoon against Southampton.

Steve is a positive guy, but he is also realistic and down to earth and very experienced,  and he’s been through the mill once or twice – especially once as the England manager, when the pressure on him for 16 months back in 2007 was simply enormous, and that would have broken a lesser man.

Steve McClaren wally with the brolly -006

Steve McClaren as the England manager – unbelievable pressure

We were dead against Steve at that time when he was manager of England, because he seemed to be not up to the job, and it’s strange but now he has our utmost respect simply because he got through that continued as  a manager and kept his dignity when he was under immense and unrelenting pressure.

Many would have given up – but he has even had some success since then at FC Twente and it’s not beyond the realm of possibility he can even bring Newcastle our first trophy in 47 years.

But Steve certainly has the mental strength and capabilities to be able to manage Newcastle United perhaps  to some success – and we all know that’s not an easy task for anybody.

Some of the questions Steve has been given over the last two days are themselves negative, and he was asked if the Newcastle job was a poisoned chalice:

“I don’t see it as a poisoned chalice. I see it as an opportunity.” “That’s what we have been given here – myself, the staff, some new players. It is an opportunity.”

“Pressure is a privilege. When you are going through it, believe you me, you don’t think of it as a privilege. But when you sit back and reflect, it is a privilege to be in that position.”

“We just want to give the supporters and you people something positive to watch and something positive to write, if that is possible.”

“Putting it into perspective about the England job, that was a whole nation, now we are talking about a region. But this region is one of the biggest.”

“When you look at the Premier League and you want to come to any football club in the Premier League, to be given the opportunity at Newcastle, 50,000 people, absolute fanatics, it is like a religion for them, and I know that by living in this area, it is huge and a massive pressure.”

“We had a bad two months at Derby, explainable through injuries, but the previous 22 months were very good.”

“We were near the top of the league all the time, and our style of football, the way we went about things, was recognized by football. I can understand that point of view and that’s no problem.”

I’ve got the opportunity and it is something I have wanted since I’ve lived in this area. I am grateful to the people that have given me this opportunity.”

Whatever happens to Steve McClaren at Newcastle he is a good man – and it would be terrific if he’s the one that finally brings Newcastle some success – a trophy.

He would certainly be the hero, and that would be so fitting especially after the complete and utter nightmare he went through as the England manager.

It would not only be a huge success for Newcastle United – at last – but also a phenomenal success for Steve McClaren and his team.

It’s certainly possible.

Tags: Coaching · Management · Newcastle News · Pre-season · Premier League · Press Conference

96 responses so far ↓

• 1 Bambams // Aug 8, 2015 at 9:41 AM

Let’s start with just beating the mackems….

• 2 WWSBRD // Aug 8, 2015 at 9:44 AM

Anyone could become a hero at nufc tbf granted it’s a lot harder with Ashley here but not impossible

• 3 AncientC // Aug 8, 2015 at 9:49 AM

So, I wonder what it’s to be… 4.2.3.1 or 4.2.3.1.

Oh well, it never worked in the past, so ya know… always worth another try. (yawn)

• 4 toon kk // Aug 8, 2015 at 9:51 AM

Give Stevie his due he’s certainly has a professional attitude.
    I wonder what he thought of Carver?

• 5 WWSBRD // Aug 8, 2015 at 9:53 AM

AncientC
    From previous article
    QPR manager may want to keep Austin but owner knows they need to sell him now and the player wants to leave for the PL

• 6 Munster Mag // Aug 8, 2015 at 9:55 AM

Toon kk it wud have been easy for the club to keep carver and steve wud have had to include him. Once we sacked both him and stone at some cost , it signalled a more positive approach from nufc

• 7 Rotonda heights // Aug 8, 2015 at 9:58 AM

He’d be well on the way to being a hero if he dropped Willo, Saylor and Obertan permanently and had Colback on the bench.

If Willo, Saylor and Obertan start tomorrow, then only one outcome. Amazing our defence, MBemba apart, has not been addressed. Criminal.

• 8 Novocastrian66 // Aug 8, 2015 at 9:59 AM

Ancient; There’s nowt wrong with 4-2-3-1 as long as the 3 play high enough up the pitch. Last season, all too often, the midfield were 20 yards too deep and the striker was isolated.

• 9 Rotonda heights // Aug 8, 2015 at 10:02 AM

Ed

You need to give the austin thing a rest. He’s 27 in a few days time, has had one good season, is medically suspect and vastly over valued at 15M. This is one decision I do back NUFC with.

Any one of Dunk, Rutiger, Veltman, Van Dijk would be great.

• 10 AncientC // Aug 8, 2015 at 10:07 AM

WWSBRD: I cannot see QPR wanting to sell Austin unless their hand is forced. I recall a situation a few years ago when Harry Redknapp said a few of his players thought they were too good for the Championship and refused to play in the first game of the season… those turning out to be Remy and Taarabt, who were then moved on.

Austin is in the squad to play Charlton and is vital to QPR coming back up. If Austin plays (which I am certain he will) then he stays. Fernandes will not be bothered about losing Austin next summer if it gives him a better chance of being back in the Premier League. Austin will also get more money if he waits until next summer, so….

• 11 Lost Plot // Aug 8, 2015 at 10:14 AM

Nobody stays long enough to become a true hero (apart from Colo’s recent contract)

Remy, Ba, Cabaye were all in the making 🙁

Hope this is a new era for the best!

• 12 WWSBRD // Aug 8, 2015 at 10:15 AM

AncientC
    He’s near 27 mate and wants to play international football which he needs to be in the PL to get plus QPR need the money due to the bill hanging over them

Id be amazed if he is still there after the window shuts…me, him and Ramsey will all be

• 13 Belfast // Aug 8, 2015 at 10:22 AM

Damm I missed the Charlie Austin article…..

Gutted!

• 14 Jail for Ashley // Aug 8, 2015 at 10:23 AM

I’ve just been reading the post by the non pro Ashley blogger I will die for the toon army. Average intelligence is what it says on the tin and unfortunately not everyone is blessed with it. We were not bankrupted by Hall and Shepherd, certainly a shake up was needed but to say there was nothing to hope for under their stewardship absolutely baffled me. Ashley has proved he’s willing to help us out, if I was to smash all the windows in my house do you think the neighbours would say what a good guy I was because I then went and fixed them. Mike Ashley has done nothing at all for the good of this club.

• 15 Slank // Aug 8, 2015 at 10:24 AM

Rotonda heights @ 9

All those centre backs you list (Dunk, Rutiger, Veltman, Van Dijk) have no Premiership experience just like Chancel.

However, now that Colo has signed an extension to his contract I can see the club being more comfortable about bringing in an untested centre back as Colo would possibly act as their mentor / father figure. By the time Colo bows out Chancel and ANO would have had two years Premiership experience behind them.

• 16 Jail for Ashley // Aug 8, 2015 at 10:26 AM

Belfast.

• 17 Slank // Aug 8, 2015 at 10:27 AM

Belfast

Don’t worry there will be another soon enough !

When he signs for another club all we can hope for is that Ed doesn’t bombard us with articles about how we missed out on him.

• 18 Belfast // Aug 8, 2015 at 10:28 AM

Haha great thanks. I think we should all head back to the Charlie Austin article…

• 19 WWSBRD // Aug 8, 2015 at 10:28 AM

Slank
    That plan works a treat for who ever buys them in 2 seasons time unless they flop then they are ours long term

• 20 Munster Mag // Aug 8, 2015 at 10:30 AM

Not logged in much over last couple of weeks due to hols. Surprised re colo captaincy. Steves first error i think. But i wud expect the dressing room to be more vocal and motivated with guys like mitro and wini in there. Also surprised re sissoko but i think club has told steve that funds may be limited now so he is keeping funds for another part of team.

• 21 Belfast // Aug 8, 2015 at 10:31 AM

Oh aye there’s at least another 50 articles in this one easy.

• 22 Slank // Aug 8, 2015 at 10:37 AM

Just had a look at what streaming may be available tomorrow and was very surprised there was only two

FOOTYLIVESTREAM – Acestream RU
    VIP BOX – Browser

Anybody know what RU means ?

• 23 Jail for Ashley // Aug 8, 2015 at 10:38 AM

Collo father figure and mentor.
    Our new prodigical son will know exactly how best to get himself sent off before a few upcoming tricky fixtures, feign injury before derbies and cup games while ensuring he makes his favourite teams games in his native country.

• 24 Munster Mag // Aug 8, 2015 at 10:41 AM

If steve plays 2 out and out strikers it will bemuse many with their Fifa software approach to football who have been wittering on about 3-1-3-1-1-1 formations etc. I have a feeling cisse will get the nod and would grab a draw now. If we were away they wud beat us by 3 as they have had a more competitive pre season. A 442 with an energetic midfield and noisy crowd wud be great 🙂

• 25 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 8, 2015 at 10:45 AM

Slank
    RU means Russian commentary

• 26 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 8, 2015 at 10:46 AM

If any one has KODI or XBMC the match is in English on Canadian channel TSN

• 27 beermonkey // Aug 8, 2015 at 10:48 AM

chancel

I use that where do u find that channel

• 28 Munster Mag // Aug 8, 2015 at 10:58 AM

How / if he uses de jong will also be interesting. I hope we havent bought a crock but he didnt look like much more than a semi pro in terms of energy and physigue when i saw him last season.

• 29 NEWEXPATMAGPIE // Aug 8, 2015 at 11:03 AM

The Press used to take the Pith out of Mclaren while he was across here as Manager of FC Twente, that was untill he won the League with them on a Shoestring budget and after that he was very popular here until sacked a year later!

A lot of the Dutch are now doing the same with Louis van Gaal and his attempts to speak English in interviews on the BBC, people understand what he,s trying to say but he translates too literallly which then has a completely different meaning to what he,s trying to say!

As for tomorrow, well it aint going to be easy, and it would not not surprise me if we lose or draw? I hope we have a decent REF and there are no Crap decisions either way?

I reserve my judgement until end September time!

• 30 will die for the toon army // Aug 8, 2015 at 11:04 AM

Slank

Give credit where its due. QPR have a part owner who doesnt care that e club is sailing down and has millions in his account.

Ashely cares abt his investment and wont let it go into a financial mess. Whic I for one am pro of. Spending crazy money without guarantee of sucess aint my thing. Thats wat Hall and Shepherd did and on business loans. Jst read abt Real yesterday they r in a financial mess jst missed out with no trophy.

• 31 Ron Knee // Aug 8, 2015 at 11:07 AM

For older readers, a great article on the Cub A’GoGo, in Percy Street:

Memories, memories.

• 32 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 8, 2015 at 11:13 AM

Beermonkey
    it’s in several places like Navi-X and Robin Hood Project and Phoenix, I always scout it out around an hour before kick off

• 33 Rotonda heights // Aug 8, 2015 at 11:24 AM

slank

people go on about so and so doesn’t have experience. the point is willo, saylor and colo do. Does that make them any better equipped. I’d suggest in their case not.

A lot foreign and even lower league people hit the ground running these days. Look at tomorrow’s opponents like Tadic, pelle etc. Equally some don’t. Andy carroll being a prime example.

A signing from anywhere is a potential risk but there are so many more foreign players in the EPL now that a lengthy period of acclimisation is maybe not what it was.

• 34 Ron Knee // Aug 8, 2015 at 11:28 AM

One wicket to go, TFL!

• 35 The overrated Frenchman // Aug 8, 2015 at 11:41 AM

What’s with all the text speak on your posts Will Die? Are you 15?

• 36 Slank // Aug 8, 2015 at 11:50 AM

Chancel @ 27

Cheers mate

• 37 Graeme // Aug 8, 2015 at 11:51 AM

England win the Ashes with 2 days and i test to spare. It took 40 mins this morning to finish them off. Well done Engerland.
    Australia now in search for some humility!!!

• 38 the broons // Aug 8, 2015 at 11:52 AM

overrated frenchman

I think just lazy…

• 39 Slank // Aug 8, 2015 at 11:56 AM

Ron Knee @ 31

I went to the Gogo almost every Thursday night. Saw Hendix play in the lounge. It was his first performance in the UK. Remember seeing Julie Driscoll of the Steam Packet who was the first women I had ever seen without a bra on. All the lads in the audience loved her session !

I remember the bouncers who were terrifying. I remember when one of them chopped off a dogs head.

Those were the days.

• 40 Belfast // Aug 8, 2015 at 11:57 AM

The broons

i fink u may b rite !

• 41 the broons // Aug 8, 2015 at 11:58 AM

belfast

hahaha i lik wot u did ther

• 42 Malta Mag // Aug 8, 2015 at 12:00 PM

I agree that Austin looks over priced but to go into the campaign with Cisse. Mitrovic, Rivierre and Perez is risky because although potentially it looks an exciting line up there are still big question marks on Rivierre and Cisse while Mitrovic and Perez are still of a tender age to carry the hopes of our club? On saying that I think the bigger risk is to enter the campaign with our defensive options? Now that scares me.

• 43 Ron Knee // Aug 8, 2015 at 12:05 PM

Slank

I was at the Hendrix gig too. The first band I saw was John Mayall with Eric Clapton and the last was Mayall with Mick Taylor in 1968. You could stand right next to the band if you wanted.

I only came across scarier bouncers when I went to Ronnie Scott’s once!

• 44 the broons // Aug 8, 2015 at 12:08 PM

malta mag

Agree 100% with what you are saying however, was watching premier league years yesterday and it reminded me of what cisse really is capable of potentially.

If mcclaren really can bring the best out of our players and cisse can even produce a goal ratio half as good as that season then we have ourselves a goalscorer still.

Riverie isn’t a goal scorer full stop however his sheer strength is something that is very useful. Mitrovic time will tell. Perez again isn’t a goal scorer but technically is one of the if not the best player in our team potentially. Again am hoping mcclaren will know how to get the best out of him.

The defence? yeah were screwed there but then again we have been for a number of years and our “management team” have never decided to do anything about it then so why should they now.

• 45 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 8, 2015 at 12:14 PM

England have regained the ashes today, Newcastle beat soton tomorrow makings of a brilliant weekend

• 46 Rotonda heights // Aug 8, 2015 at 12:16 PM

graeme

tbf i think clark showed a lot of humility

• 47 JackButler // Aug 8, 2015 at 12:23 PM

I really like the way SM comes across, he doesn’t have the massive chip on his shoulder or holier than thou attitude of Pardew and the fans will appreciate that and if he can get us playing good football then we can be cautiously optimistic for the coming season.

• 48 hibbit // Aug 8, 2015 at 12:26 PM

will die for the toon……….i see in one of your post that you claim to be be a credit manager i hope to god you don’t work for any of the companies that look after my money if you think we are better off with ashleys 130m loan the man’s killing us we owe more now then we did eight years ago……. maybe you should stick to bean counting

• 49 WWSBRD // Aug 8, 2015 at 12:38 PM

JB
    I give it til xmas next year before he has lost the plot with everything at NUFC and is broken

• 50 JackButler // Aug 8, 2015 at 12:42 PM

WWSBRD

I hope not mate as we’ve been through the mill over the last few years so it’s about we had something to shout about again.

As long as Ashley continues to move us forward I think the whole mentality towards him will change. You’ll always get a few who want what’s never gonna happen, but with decent investment every summer I don’t think people can have too much to complain about.

• 51 Slank // Aug 8, 2015 at 12:45 PM

Ron knee

John Mayall was my favourite band as I had discovered blues a few years before. I remember when John first introduced Clapton and then when Peter Green replaced him. I remember the great nights with Spencer Davis, Zoot Money, Graham Bond, Long John Baldry, Alexis Kornier and Gino Washington. And not forgetting the Animals as the house band and then (I think) the Junko Partners.

I saw the Rolling Stones at the Whitleh Bay Gogo when they played their recently released first single.

Great nights and terrible hangovers !

• 52 WWSBRD // Aug 8, 2015 at 12:46 PM

JB
    Continue to move us forward? Don’t u mean start to move us forward mate?

All am saying is when McClaren sees the sports direct branded umbrella he has to use every game his heart will break and he will see why he was hired

• 53 JackButler // Aug 8, 2015 at 12:47 PM

Slank

Peter Green one of my favourites of all time ?

• 54 Jamseyd24 // Aug 8, 2015 at 12:50 PM

Any body got a link to the ManU game??

• 55 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 8, 2015 at 12:51 PM

Watching Man U V Spurs in glorious HD On Kodi 🙂

• 56 JackButler // Aug 8, 2015 at 12:51 PM

WWSBRD

Continue as in what’s happened so far this season with players, new coaching staff and manager.

Long term we will just have to wait and see, but for now I hold hope that last day of the season panics are behind us. Don’t get me wrong I’m not thinking we are chasing down the top four but I think we are finally moving in the right direction, all be it seven or eight years too late

• 57 JackButler // Aug 8, 2015 at 12:52 PM

Smalling and Blinde at centre half???

Seems we are not the only ones in need of a commanding CB

• 58 Mag52 // Aug 8, 2015 at 12:54 PM

Ashley Out !
    Re asserting my position as the season is about to get underway.
    He’s a leech on our club. If he imagines an outlay of £35 k is anywhere like enough to make up for his penny pinching approach to building a reasonable team that he has shown in recent years, he knows even less about football in the premiership than he is credited for.
    If the Carveup had scraped a win or two more during the final part of last season, he’d still be here with his coaching staff alongside him. For that small mercy we have to be grateful.
    Good luck to you Steve McClaren. You’re going to need it with that b@stard as your boss.

• 59 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 8, 2015 at 12:54 PM

Man U have a very strange lineup

• 60 Slank // Aug 8, 2015 at 12:54 PM

Jack

He was so different to Clapton. He had a more pure guitar style.

I don’t remember it but was told by a mate who was there with me at the time, In a club in South Shields, when I had had far too much to drink berating Peter Green that he wasn’t any good as a guitarist !

The follies of youth !

• 61 WWSBRD // Aug 8, 2015 at 12:55 PM

JB
    Hmm I wouldn’t speak too soon mate still time for the rug to be pulled out and him to pocket a few pounds

Even so far we are still off for minimum target imo and our inability to do more than one deal at a time is worrying

• 62 WWSBRD // Aug 8, 2015 at 12:56 PM

Chancel
    Better than Spurs 5 defenders one though

• 63 Slank // Aug 8, 2015 at 12:56 PM

Ron Knee

The most frightening bouncer I had ever met was (I think) Manny from the Jungle in North Shields.

Interesting place and more interesting ladies !

• 64 JackButler // Aug 8, 2015 at 12:56 PM

Slank

I was brought up with my dad constantly playing Fleetwood Mac, the original version, not this Stevie Nicks rubbish and he’s one of the main reasons I started to learn to play myself

• 65 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 8, 2015 at 12:57 PM

WWSBRD
    I can understand a defensive line up V Man Ure

• 66 Jamseyd24 // Aug 8, 2015 at 12:58 PM

Spurs have the sorta center back we could do with!!!

• 67 outsidethebox // Aug 8, 2015 at 12:58 PM

ron knee @ 31…
    good read ….good times…wyn the leap on the pitch jinky jimmy…

• 68 JackButler // Aug 8, 2015 at 1:00 PM

WWSBRD

I wouldn’t be surprised if the rug was pulled from out under us mate, but until that happens I’m cautiously optimistic of a half decent season.

We are still lagging way behind everyone else in terms of how we go about deals bit I guess that’s what happens when a secretary takes total control of things 😉

• 69 Ron Knee // Aug 8, 2015 at 1:01 PM

Slank

You must be a little bit older than me! I started going in January 66. I saw Clapton with Mayall and then Cream, Peter Green with Fleetwood Mac, Mick Taylor with Mayall. Not to mention Hendrix, Winwood, John Lee Hooker, etc.

Weren’t we lucky!

• 70 WWSBRD // Aug 8, 2015 at 1:05 PM

Chancel
    Bottlers mate the lot of them haha

JB
    Haha Christ aye Charnley is still about isn’t he? Can u imagine if Ashley wasn’t a tool Keegan could be doing that director of football role

• 71 JackButler // Aug 8, 2015 at 1:07 PM

Walker home goal ffs

• 72 JackButler // Aug 8, 2015 at 1:08 PM

WWSBRD

Yeah mate Charnley is no multi tasker is he 🙂

• 73 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 8, 2015 at 1:09 PM

Lucky Man U

• 74 Ron Knee // Aug 8, 2015 at 1:12 PM

outsidethebox
    Singing our heads off in the Leazes End …

• 75 WWSBRD // Aug 8, 2015 at 1:12 PM

JB
    Am sure he’s good at his job u know his actual job not the one he’s been pushed into where he is unable to succeed at…I bet him and Carver get on

• 76 Mister Tuff // Aug 8, 2015 at 1:14 PM

Ron Knee – good article about the Gogo and those involed there.
    Slightly before my time but recognised a few of the names. Most of the bouncers were hardmen and by and large crooks.Non of this “excuse me sir you’ll have to leave the premises” – you were given a thorough beating.
    Remember, from later years, Tommy Henderson who was in a few bands. He later became the manager of Julies on The Close, an absolute gentleman.
    The Junco’s still play, though now not sure how many of the original line up are still around. Also Geno Washington still performs.

• 77 JackButler // Aug 8, 2015 at 1:16 PM

Think Depay will have a big impact this season, looks a very sharp, intelligent player

• 78 Ron Knee // Aug 8, 2015 at 1:20 PM

MT
    Geno was a great favourite as was Jimmy James (& the Vagabonds).

• 79 JAMSHA // Aug 8, 2015 at 1:21 PM

any1 wana watch live…creat a acc its free.. all games will b streamd

• 80 WWSBRD // Aug 8, 2015 at 1:22 PM

JB
    Hopefully wini out shines him but Depay is a quality player

• 81 WWSBRD // Aug 8, 2015 at 1:25 PM

Also think Damian will prove to be very good

• 82 JackButler // Aug 8, 2015 at 1:29 PM

WWSBRD

Wini looks very good tbh I’m trying to find a link to a story I read earlier that claims that Perez will start tomorrow, playing behind Mitrovic, which would be a very interesting pairing imo

• 83 expatmag // Aug 8, 2015 at 1:29 PM

Congratulations to England on winning back the Ashes. You deserved it.

We were quite frankly awful, the worst I gave ever seen us play.

However, you cannot take anything away from Englands bowling and catching in particular. It was outstanding.

I see Clarke will retire after the last test. Two years too late. Time for a huge rebuild.

• 84 Mister Tuff // Aug 8, 2015 at 1:31 PM

Slank – that was Manny Burgo – a true hardman- ex heavyweight boxer.

• 85 Jail for Ashley // Aug 8, 2015 at 1:32 PM

Mag52,
    I can’t understand how someone so anti Mike Ashley could be so pro Pardew. Pardew was instrumental in keeping the deception going, he knew full well that success was not part of the plan yet he not only continued to front it but openly supported it.

• 86 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 8, 2015 at 1:34 PM

Expat
    I agree mate our bowling is the best I’ve seen in donkeys years.

Man U don’t look that good tbh, I know it is only one half of football but I am not impressed at all

• 87 expatmag // Aug 8, 2015 at 1:39 PM

TACOM

Early days mate. They are not playing the usual Man Utd blood and thunder fame but a more measured build up which is what we can expect to see from Newcastle this season

• 88 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 8, 2015 at 1:42 PM

Expat
    I honestly feel we are gonna have a very good season, optimism I haven’t felt in years for us.

• 89 the broons // Aug 8, 2015 at 1:44 PM

bentaleb equals most overrated player in premiership, probably along with ryan mason actually.

• 90 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 8, 2015 at 1:47 PM

Glad this NBCSN stream has English commentators makes it bearable

• 91 expatmag // Aug 8, 2015 at 1:48 PM

TACOM

My feeling is that we are 3 players away from challenging the top 4. If we can use this window and the next without any significant departures to strengthen, then this season could well be a season if midtable consolidation and maybe a cup run whilst next season could see us strive for the CL.

• 92 will die for the toon army // Aug 8, 2015 at 1:55 PM

Carrick is doing ok. This guy wld change our midfield and he wld bring alot of experience.

• 93 will die for the toon army // Aug 8, 2015 at 2:00 PM

Pardew is a tool failed to motivate e team he had good players at disposal and still failed he is either dum or not adjustable. All he was looking for was sympathy from the fans and public which we didnt give him.

• 94 davis_toons // Aug 8, 2015 at 2:31 PM

Siem de Jong is the Person ..the player i will be looking at ..he needs to perform or be ship out together with other dead wood of midfielders.

He should be a more senior player due to his age and experience. So there is a need for him to perform for this team.

I’m not too worried about Georginio Wijnaldum even thou he is still new.. he is strong and he is fast.

We needs good midfielder NOT Dead Woods Laying Around.

• 95 JamesToon // Aug 8, 2015 at 3:13 PM

Quite refreshing to see the promoted teams coming into the prem trying to play football on the deck.

Got all 4 games going on on my Mac lol, one game in each corner of the screen haha

• 96 JamesToon // Aug 8, 2015 at 3:14 PM

What a goal from Watford!

previous post: New Odds-On Favorites In The Saga Of The Summer

next post: Is This Newcastle’s Best Team For Southampton?