The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Pundit Predicts Newcastle Win And A Very Good Season

9:13 am, Sunday, August 9th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 128 Comments

BBC pundit Mark Lawrenson has said that he expects Newcastle to edge Southampton at St. James’ Park today by a score of 2-1, and he has praised Steve McClaren as a very good coach and that the Tyneside club have made some good signings so far this summer.

mark lawrenson

Mark Lawrenson – predicts Newcastle win

The former defensive coach under Kevin Keegan at Newcastle had this to say in his BBC column today:

“Steve McClaren is a very good coach and I am expecting Newcastle to have a very good season after their recent problems,” “They have better players, there will be a better atmosphere and they will get better results.”

“Southampton have a lot to live up to after the way they performed in Ronald Koeman’s first year in charge.¨

¨They have lost a couple more key players in Morgan Schneiderlin and Nathaniel Clyne but I would not be surprised to see them end up in the top half of the table again,”

Lawro’s prediction: 2-1

Southampton are a good side although they have lost some good players including former Newcastle goalkeeper Fraser Forster, who may miss most of the season with a serious knee injury he suffered last season.

We’ll have to see how well Newcastle play together today, with the pre-season performances pointing to the defense as still not being strong enough, although we do expect Fab Coloccini to start this game, and lead the side out as captain.

A 2-1 win would be great – but it will be a difficult game for us.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Southampton?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Match Preview · Newcastle News · Pre-season · Premier League · Transfer News and Rumours

128 responses so far ↓

• 1 Belfast // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:14 AM

Ian it will come as no surprise to me or you that Jesper got something completely wrong ?

Jesper…. Out

• 2 Belfast // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:15 AM

😉

• 3 Blofal // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:16 AM

I predict we will start:

———————Krul
    Janmaat – Coloccini – Taylor – Haidara
    ———–Wijnaldum—Anita
    Sissoko———DeJong———Colback
    ——————–Cisse

I think McClaren will start off with this defensive line up to calm the nerves. The worst thing we can do today is concede an early goal. I would love to see us go all out and attack but I don’t see it happening.

Aarons and Mitrovic I expect to come on as impact subs. But as I said.. the starting 11 today will be first and foremost trying not to concede early. I wouldn’t even be surprised if Williamson started instead of Taylor.

• 4 Belfast // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:19 AM

Blog legend Dennis twice will be along later Skunki. Praise the Lord.

Attack Toon Attack Attack!

• 5 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:24 AM

Belfast…don’t leave your fan hanging like that…it’s us who has to listen to it!

• 6 Jail for Ashley // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:24 AM

Dennis twice is the stig of the blog

• 7 Lindisfarne // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:25 AM

Itchy
    Gini – SdJ
    Colback – Anita – Sissoko
    Haidara – Collo – Taylor – Janmaat
    Krul

Defensive midfield with the option of making it more attacking.

• 8 toon kk // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:27 AM

We don’t have enough pace for teams like Southampton, Swansea and Arsenal. So they pass us off the pitch.

• 9 Ron Knee // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:31 AM

The Armstrong goals are here:

• 10 The Great Valerio // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:33 AM

Predict*ons. He gets paid for making predict*ons. What a fu*king pointl*ss exercise, from a pointless sh*theel being pointl*ss.

• 11 Tsunki // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:34 AM

Jail 🙂

On topic – I was feeling optimistic until lawro chipped in.

• 12 The overrated Frenchman // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:40 AM

It seems pointless to me to pick a defensive line-up because we just don’t have the players to stop a good quality opposition scoring. Colo, Willo, Taylor – do me a favour. Better to go on the attack and at least try to make a match of it that way.

• 13 catchy in norway // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:41 AM

TOONKK

we may not have the pace of some teams, but we do have good players.
    ARS are going to push for the league this year, so im not expecting to compete against them,
    but spuds , man u and Liverpool are the teams we will in and around.

• 14 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:41 AM

Lindisfarne…I fear we don’t have a good enough defense to pull that one off!
    SOTON will exploy our flanks and put our fullbacks under pressure.

We need to step up a team that will take the pressure off the defense not pile it on them.

• 15 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:43 AM

*set up

• 16 Tsunki // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:45 AM

I’d be more pleased if he predicted the mackems having a good season.

Pleased Armstrong got off the mark quickly. Two good finesse goals as well. I’m prepared to hope for the future of some of the lads previously dispensed to the dark void by Pardew and his chimps.

• 17 Shot Bru // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:46 AM

Why is no one picking Mbemba to start today?

The CB’s we have are shite… Surely he has been bought in to improve upon the shite we currently have and therefore is a no brainer to start the game…and surely the Wally won’t ever let Williamson pull on a B&W shirt ever again.

• 18 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:47 AM

So Mark expects us to win because he believe we have a very good coach (and SOTON doesn’t?), but at the same time he expects SOTON to finish in the top half.

Where does he expect us to finish if he doesn’t mind me asking 😉

• 19 Lindisfarne // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:48 AM

Attacking formation?

Cisse – Itchy
    Aarons – Gini – Siem – Perez
    Haidara – Collo – Mbemba – Janmaat
    Krul

Would be marvelous

• 20 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:50 AM

Shot Bru…I’ll like Mbembe to start if that means I won’t have to watch neither of Willo nor Saylor!

• 21 Tsunki // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:52 AM

Has Mbemba got his visa cleared yet? With all the signing shenanigans, visa delays, lack of being selected to play, left out of training at his previous club, I would be surprised if he started. Lack of match time for Tayls ( no need for Saylor now) means it’s probably the dreaded Willo Colo partnership. Oh Glee! 😐

• 22 Tsunki // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:53 AM

Some of the old regulars will not be surprised at what I will be doing today during match time. Have a guess.

😀

• 23 The overrated Frenchman // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:54 AM

Do we know if Mbemba is cleared to play with the visa issue?

• 24 The overrated Frenchman // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:55 AM

Tsunki@22 – pleasuring yourself while watching videos of KK’s entertainers???

• 25 Jail for Ashley // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:57 AM

Tsunki,
    I never thought about that, no STaylor

• 26 Tsunki // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:58 AM

Just noted that nufc have pulled Armstrong from covvies cup round because they don’t want him cup tied. Maybe sense has paid a belated call to sjp after all.

• 27 Jail for Ashley // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:58 AM

That was weird !

• 28 Tsunki // Aug 9, 2015 at 9:59 AM

Overrated. Er – no. Not that.

• 29 Jail for Ashley // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:00 AM

So there’s Januarys signing then.

• 30 nut meg // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:01 AM

Tsunki
    Taylor has 205 minutes of game time.Collo has zero.

• 31 thevirus // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:01 AM

Where can I watch the game today? Any links anyone

• 32 Tsunki // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:02 AM

Nut meg – nice STAT. That’s a FACT! That is.

• 33 Bambams // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:03 AM

Tsunki
    Thump posted yesterday when I asked the same question.

Mac has stated Mbemba is in contention to play against the Saints

• 34 Jail for Ashley // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:03 AM

Thevirus,
    The pub !

• 35 lesh // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:04 AM

Oh Jesper, don’t be such a cynic.

Many believe we’ll have a good season and 10th upwards’d be a good start to McClaren’s reign.

As for the Southampton game, why shouldn’t we beat them? Well, apart from our defence conceding its usual hatful of goals, we have some hungry and skillful players who could just score a hatful plus one, and win today.

A win would be an excellent start to the season and given Southampton’s flair, a draw would be good.

Oh for the days of the late sixties and early seventies when a visit by Southampton almost always guaranteed a Marks & Spencers bag full of goals. And why not again?

My prediction? 6-3.

We can but live in hope.

😀

• 36 Dennis Twice // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:09 AM

Attack Toon attack, attack!

• 37 swemag // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:09 AM

Just saw the Armstrong goals from yesterday. Real class goals both of them. Keep it up Arma!

• 38 lesh // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:09 AM

Anyone willing to open a book to bet on what time Catchy’ll post his first demand – McClaren oot?

@_@

• 39 Tsunki // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:10 AM

Dennis is in the house!

• 40 Tsunki // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:11 AM

It is now officially match day! ( siren blaring)

• 41 Tsunki // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:12 AM

Come on people think! What will Tsunki be doing instead of enjoying the match?

• 42 Tsunki // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:12 AM

Lesh he predicted a win today.

• 43 Belfast // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:12 AM

Welcome back Dennis

Attack toon Attack Attack!

• 44 Belfast // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:13 AM

Fitting a kitchen?

• 45 Jail for Ashley // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:13 AM

It’s officil Dennis is here !

• 46 Jail for Ashley // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:15 AM

Tsunki,
    Conducting research that would be beneficial to mankind.

• 47 will die for the toon army // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:15 AM

Pressure is rising on my side. Time is coming close.

• 48 Jail for Ashley // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:17 AM

Armstrong should have been out on loan last year instead of five minute cameos messing up his goals per game ratio.

• 49 OneAlanShearer // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:18 AM

I would play 451. We need to combat their threat as well as be potent in attack.

Krul

Janmaat Mbemba Colo Haidara

Sissoko sdj Colback Wijnaldum Aarons

Mitrovic

Colback sitting back slightly deeper so 4141 perhaps.

Janmaat and Haidara taking turns to push up

Subs darlow saylor Willo anita cisse perez tiote

• 50 bettyswallocks // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:19 AM

I like what I see from McClaren so far. He definitely comes across as a genuine guy, a realist and much more sincere than Pardew.

Also he talks about the team and the club more than himself which is refreshing to hear.

This guy has been through the wringer as England coach so hopefully will have learnt how to deal with pressure and has an underlying air of determination and confidence.

All that said , we will need to give him some time and support as he wont know what he has to work with and what needs changing until he sees the players in some games that actually matter.

• 51 Belfast // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:20 AM

Do you need a poo will die?

• 52 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:23 AM

Skunki…I have a kitchen that needs fitting next 😉

• 53 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:25 AM

lesh…I am well aware anything can happen…was that what Mark meant? 😉

• 54 thevirus // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:32 AM

Jail for Ashley. Amazing reply can’t believe I never thought of that. But seriously a link to where I can stream the match so I don’t have to take my 3 year old girl to the pub

• 55 firebug666 // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:34 AM

thevirus

• 56 firebug666 // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:34 AM

thevirus

• 57 Lindisfarne // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:35 AM

“I told my players, ‘when you go on the pitch and you hear the song Fire from Kasabian, that means they want warriors’,” said Ranieri.

Any suggestions for Newcastle?

• 58 The overrated Frenchman // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:36 AM

Jesper@35. Those were the days. Terry Paine and Mick Channon giving us a hard time, and Supermac and JT doing the same at the other end. No flaky Frenchmen to be seen anywhere. Miss it!

• 59 Mister Tuff // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:38 AM

Bit of a strange first match day. Game today is very hard to call – viz our poor preparation and that no-one really has an idea about our line -up -especially the defence. Also Soton are probably ahead f us preparation wise.
    Therefore I think we might get beat, hope we don’t, so I’m going for a 3 -1 defeat. Mitrovich to score. Defence could be a shambles – but again thats a guess as we do not know who Wally is going to start.

On other matters a few of King Percy’s fawning dogs appearing, Expat being accused of being a homosexual and a new “friend” for one of our posters – after he jilted his previous best friend.

• 60 martoon // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:39 AM

Morning guys – I’ve trawled through all the posts from the last couple of days and I think I’ve got everybody but as a final check – I have predictions from:

martoon
    JackButler
    toonking
    Munster Mag
    mindshaft
    the white tino
    Bobbybee

92 – good effort – have I missed anybody?

• 61 The overrated Frenchman // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:39 AM

Sorry! Lesh@35.

• 62 hibbit // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:41 AM

these first 8 games will be key to the season most clubs in the prem would find it a hard start i would feel a lot happier if we had sorted the back 4 out i hope Mc see’s the the problems we have and brings the players in now rather then waiting till january when the problems will have become critical ……. happy not to get beat today

• 63 thevirus // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:43 AM

Firebug666. Cheers mate

• 64 catchy in norway // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:47 AM

Martoon

whats the general consensuses of the92

• 65 loonie-toon // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:53 AM

What’s time kick off today lads I reckon 2-1 to us today

• 66 WWSBRD // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:53 AM

First loss of the season coming up lads! Am ready for a shlacking!

• 67 firebug666 // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:55 AM

thevirus

No Problem mate, you can also download and install sopcast, It’s safe as I use it myself sometimes.

You can then open links from the sopcast channel using Acemedia or sopcast.

The link is:

• 68 OneAlanShearer // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:55 AM

Marton – yep

• 69 scout // Aug 9, 2015 at 10:59 AM

Martoon what am i predicting?

If its todays score 4-1

• 70 Lindisfarne // Aug 9, 2015 at 11:01 AM

I recommend White Stripes ‘Seven Nation Army’

• 71 WWSBRD // Aug 9, 2015 at 11:03 AM

Song for the Toon? Id go with Tubthumping by Chumbawamba

• 72 cestriasteve // Aug 9, 2015 at 11:04 AM

Mitrovic was shopping in my gaff on Friday and the girl said to him on Hugo Boss, she didn’t have his size on the sales floor and she would get it from the stockroom. She didn’t realise but he followed her in and when she turned around she papped herself as she said this monster was standing there and she was trying to explain to him where he was, he just gave her a hand and found the t shirt.

• 73 cestriasteve // Aug 9, 2015 at 11:05 AM

Good call Lindy!!!

• 74 sunshineontyne // Aug 9, 2015 at 11:08 AM

This is my first contribution to nufc blog (so go easy on me), although I have been reading your input with interest for some time. I’m an exiled former season ticket holder so will be watching today’s match from afar. Like everyone else I live with high hopes for a vast improvement this season compared to last. If Mitrovic scores today, and it’s the start of a positive trend, that gives us all hope, I am sure he will be worshipped going forward. We need a hero to cling on to and idolise.

If it hasn’t already been said one of the songs I would like to hear ringing around St. James Park is :

Aleksander Mitrovic is magic
    Everything he does just turns it on
    Even though my life before was tragic
    Now I know my love for him goes on

A local link there to Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic

As for Gini Wijnaldum it has to be the David Bowie Classic (Jean-Genie) like this

The Gin – Gini ace in the pack
    The Gin – Gini give it a crack
    He’s outstanding when he plays with the ball
    Gin-Gini sore us a go-o-oal

Don’t cringe too much, it’s only a funny old game (saint).

Toon, Toon

• 75 martoon // Aug 9, 2015 at 11:11 AM

Catchy – I’ll post some analysis soon but I don’t want to influence any late predictors.
    Scout we are predicting:
    Final position in League
    Final no. of points
    League Cup round
    FA cup round

• 76 martoon // Aug 9, 2015 at 11:15 AM

Sorry pressed wrong button we are predicting
    Final position in League
    Final no. of points
    League Cup round
    FA cup round
    No of 1st team signings this season
    No of 1st team leaving this season
    Top goal scorer
    No of goals for top scorer

• 77 lesh // Aug 9, 2015 at 11:17 AM

Thevirus

Take your three year old to the pub and if there’s any questions about her age, just insist she’s a young-looking 18 year old!

• 78 Novocastrian66 // Aug 9, 2015 at 11:25 AM

Well I’m off to the match. Happy New Season to you all. Unfortunately I think we will lose 2-1.

• 79 low fell mag // Aug 9, 2015 at 11:26 AM

Great to get back to St James park, this afternoon.
    Howay the lads

• 80 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 9, 2015 at 11:28 AM

Hey up match day nice 2-1 win today 🙂
    Jeez I’m nervous

• 81 Essex Geordie Bill // Aug 9, 2015 at 11:32 AM

9th
    60 points
    LC Win
    FA Cup 4th rnd
    4 more signings if we are including the mid season window
    3 outgoings, ditto above but several loans as well.
    Cisse

• 82 Spellcheck // Aug 9, 2015 at 11:37 AM

Final league position 9th
    No. Of points 50
    League cup Q final.
    FA cup 4th round
    Arriving 5
    Leaving 4
    Top goal scorer Mitrivic
    Goals 18

• 83 jasper // Aug 9, 2015 at 11:37 AM

Martoon’s,
    Congratulations on the take up of your challenge.
    Had you thought of a scoring system to determine the blog champion? And have you defined the term “first team” for incoming and outgoing players? You could list the latter now. Incoming would be how many games played? Less games if signed in January?

Or we could all just quote selectively from our choices and make up our own rules to suit ourselves …… In other words business as usual for the blog….

• 84 Essex Geordie Bill // Aug 9, 2015 at 11:37 AM

Bit belated but been pretty busy, been following blog though.

I’d be happy with 7 points from our first 5 games.

Can’t help thinking it might take a few games for our lads to settle into playing ‘proper’ football.

Be nice to hit the ground running with a win today even a lucky one.

• 85 Spellcheck // Aug 9, 2015 at 11:39 AM

Good effort Martoon.

• 86 Noel Worst // Aug 9, 2015 at 11:40 AM

Hope we go with Perez ahead of softy Sissoko. One has passed every test of his career so far, the other has never lived up to expectation at any stage and needs a nice dose of reality on the bench, to wake him up before his career passes him by.

• 87 switch365 // Aug 9, 2015 at 11:45 AM

I predict an open, flowing match won 3-1 by the Toon.

(to the tune of pinball wizard)

He’s the new Toon striker
    And he’s the perfect fit
    He’s the new Toon striker
    Alek-sandr Mi-tro-vic

He’s the new Toon striker
    And he’s an instant hit
    He’s the new Toon striker
    Alek-sandar Mi-tro-vic

• 88 beermonkey // Aug 9, 2015 at 11:46 AM

chancel

morning

got robinhood and phoenix set up thanks

just mooching around them which is the best one or what one do u favour

• 89 Pardews Priceless Bulls#*t // Aug 9, 2015 at 11:47 AM

Just looking at formations people suggest on here with very little difference in the lineups. 4-2-3-1, 4-1-4-1, 4-3-2-1
    Arent these all just nice ways of saying 4-5-1? Haha

• 90 Clarke_M // Aug 9, 2015 at 11:52 AM

Final league position 7th
    No. Of points 58
    League cup: Semi’s.
    FA cup: 5th Round
    Arriving 6
    Leaving 5
    Top goal scorer: Mitrovic
    Goals 28 (in all Comps)

• 91 martoon // Aug 9, 2015 at 11:55 AM

jasper – I must admit I’m just copying what ToonDarnSarf did last year. As for the winner I was simply going to look and see if anybody is spot on and then one wrong, two wrong etc.
    As for transfers – I’ve said ‘this season’ which means I don’t include Raylor and Jonas and I don’t count loans but obviously the January transfer window does count. I know first team is a bit of a grey area but I think so far it’s pretty clear cut that Toney is not but the other 3 are.

• 92 OneAlanShearer // Aug 9, 2015 at 11:55 AM

Final position in League 4th
    Final no. of points 60
    League Cup round semi
    FA cup round final
    No of 1st team signings this season 6
    No of 1st team leaving this season 6 abeid ferguson arma willo marveaux and riviere
    Top goal scorer mitrovic
    No of goals for top scorer 24 in all comps

Going all out optimistic..bring it on

• 93 jazzyp // Aug 9, 2015 at 11:56 AM

Sat in TGI’s ju

• 94 jazzyp // Aug 9, 2015 at 11:57 AM

Sat in TGI’s just down from the ground. Palms a sweaty, heart a pumping…. God iv’e missed this feeling.
    3-1 to the toon

• 95 Graeme // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:01 PM

There are 3 streams available at footballstreaming.info

• 96 Crow59 // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:02 PM

@lesh

“Take your three year old to the pub and if there’s any questions about her age, just insist she’s a young-looking 18 year old”

That doesn’t work, ask Adam Johnson

• 97 JDdubai // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:02 PM

God Im actually a little nervous…after last year Iv forgot what it feels like to have hope and even expectations….so much to lose…not done 1 iota of work today….at least we have it live on tv over here though have to put up with Keys and Gray – c**ts

• 98 Essex Geordie Bill // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:03 PM

Just realised 60 points would put us top eight so I’ll change my prediction to an optimistic 8th if that’s ok.

• 99 martoon // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:07 PM

I’m off to the match now but I’ll check later and allow any predictions up to 3 o’clock!
    HWTL 🙂

• 100 martoon // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:09 PM

Essex Geordie Bill – I thought that when I saw it – I’ve changed it for you 🙂

• 101 Crow59 // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:09 PM

Prediction for today, 2-1 to us

• 102 toonLYF // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:13 PM

HOWAYYYYY LADS.

Hope to see the three new lads starting as well as De Jong. I’ve predicted 0-0 for this one but now it’s match day, 2-1 to the lads!

• 103 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:16 PM

Beermonkey
    Phoenix usually has best streams tbh

• 104 Fatman_joe // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:20 PM

Final league position 10th
    Fa cup round fifth round
    Number of points 40ish
    League cup winners
    Signings this season 6
    Sold this season 6
    Top goal scorer joint Perez and mitro with 12 each

• 105 deeps // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:24 PM

Williamson starting??

• 106 beermonkey // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:24 PM

chancel

cheers

not log till the team is announced will McLaren excite us or depress us

• 107 colwell // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:24 PM

Just over 5 mins before team announced please please please no Willo, fingers crossed Aarons and Mitrovic start.

• 108 Sliema // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:25 PM

Sorry Guys, what is Phoenix exactly? Googled but couldn’t find it?

• 109 toon kk // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:26 PM

I predict 1 – 3 I think Southampton will be far too strong for us to cope with.
    Negative but realistic!
    It will be interesting to see our new lads in action and see if we’re up for the game, it will give a better reflection on our season.

• 110 LGFUAD21 // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:27 PM

Tough one against soton.

They’ve been on point in pre season.

I don’t out too much stock in poor pre seasons but good pre seasons are usually a sign.

They have lost some key players but they still have the attacking players to hurt us.

Maybe the light will come on for us today.

• 111 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:27 PM

Beermonkey
    Try Robin Hood project
    then money sports
    Live sports
    Newcastle – Soton BEIN8 couple of clicks and there we have a HD Stream

• 112 AncientC // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:28 PM

Still playing Pardew’s favourite 4.2.3.1, still not winning games in preseason. The signs are not good.

I am not expecting much today, McClaren is going to need a lot more time if he is to fix the damage done by Pardew.

• 113 deeps // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:29 PM

Starting xi anyone??

• 114 colwell // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:30 PM

Set up to win or set up to draw?

• 115 colwell // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:30 PM

ffsobertan

• 116 Ron Knee // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:30 PM

Let’s hope it’s not Pardew MkIII.

• 117 colwell // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:31 PM

how the fcuk has he made it

• 118 Noel Worst // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:31 PM

__________Krul__________
    Janm___Mbem_Colo___Haida
    ______Anita___Colb
    Sissoko___Wiji___Obertan
    _________Cisse

• 119 LGFUAD21 // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:31 PM

Just seen armas goals.

First one is executed perfectly. Second he was pointing to where he wanted the ball.

Sometimes I feel he was ignored a bit when he appeared for us.

Definitely a great opportunity for him to play regularly. At his age. If he can have a good season in league one. Then a good season on loan in the championship, the. He’ll be ready to start making some apps in the prem.

People are too demanding on young players and expect them to be the finished article by 22 but the reality is that clubs in the open sign 24-26 year old strikers on average for a reason.

Armstrong still has a few years and a long way to go.

• 120 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:32 PM

14 Obertan
    09 Cissé

• 121 Noel Worst // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:32 PM

Subs:Darlow, TAylor, Tiote, De Jong, Aarons, Perez, Mitrovic

• 122 LGFUAD21 // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:33 PM

Noel.

I’d be down with that line-up.

Maybe saylor for one of the cbs as he’s had more match time.

• 123 toon kk // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:35 PM

We’re very hard to predict, we’re capable of playing very well on occasions but also a league 2 side can rip us shreds, we can be so unbelievably poor.
    So hard to say which Newcastle actually turns up.

• 124 Clarke_M // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:35 PM

Obertan? Oh Dear. Every manager he has played for has said that he is great in Training. He is apparently a world-beater, and this is why he gets selected. HOWEVER, when it comes to games, he disappears! When will they learn this? Do they not look at old footage?

• 125 Yorkfan // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:35 PM

Teams are up. Obertan starts. WTF????

• 126 bosamuelson // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:36 PM

Hope it is not to late.

Final league position 7th
    No. Of points 61
    League cup WIN.
    FA cup 4th round
    Arriving 7
    Leaving 4
    Top goal scorer Mitrovic
    Goals 16

• 127 Lindisfarne // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:39 PM

Royal Blood – Out Of The Black

• 128 nut meg // Aug 9, 2015 at 12:54 PM

Here’s hoping for a good season playing good football.
    enjoy guys.