The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle To Bid For This 6ft 6ins Bundesliga Central Defender

9:32 pm, Tuesday, August 11th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 101 Comments

Italian outlet Tutto Mercato are reporting today that Newcastle scouts have watched Werder Bremen defender Jannik Vestergaard this year, and they very much liked what they have seen.

The 23 year-old only moved to the German club last January from TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, so it’s a good question as to whether his German club will want to sell him so soon, especially if he is playing well.

BREMEN, GERMANY - FEBRUARY 01: Jannik Vestergaard of Bremen controles the ball during the Bundesliga match between SV Werder Bremen and Hertha BSC at Weserstadion on February 1, 2015 in Bremen, Germany.  (Photo by Stuart Franklin/Bongarts/Getty Images)

Werder Bremen defender Jannik Vestergaard

The Italian report suggests that Newcastle have been watching the tall defender this year, and have liked what they have seen in the 17 games he has played for Werder Bremen.

Vestergaard played his youth football at Brondby and started his senior career with German club 1899 Hoffenheim in 2010, before moving to Werder Bremen in January.

Tutto Mercato are reporting that Newcastle are ready to make a bid for the 3 times capped Danish International, who was born in Copenhagen but also qualified to play for Germany because his mother is German.

Jannick received his first cap for the Danish senior team in August of 2013, and he described it as his dream come true to play for the country of his birth, when he represented Denmark against Poland.

In April of this year Everton were interested in signing the big center-back for around £7M, but at that time Werder Bremen said they were not selling.

Werder Bremen are said to have paid only about £2M for the player last January.

We had made up our minds that Newcastle would not be bringing in another center-back this summer, but of course we’ve been wrong before.

But we’d still be surprised if Newcastle do bring in Jannick – although we could definitely do with some height at the back.

What do you think?

Note: 18 year-old Harvey Fitzpatrick is a Newcastle fan and an avid reader of this site – and he is fundraising for cancer research as part of the Macmillan’s ‘Brave the Shave’ campaign they are currently running.

On 18th of August Harvey will be shaving his hair off in support of the cancer fund drive – please see if you can support Harvey by donating on his Brave the Shave site.

Tags: Newcastle News · Recruitment · Scouting Network · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

101 responses so far ↓

• 1 the broons // Aug 11, 2015 at 9:38 PM

big and tall centre back is what we need. Only problem is he needs to be more than twice as good as williamson if he is to be a good addition for us.

• 2 Jib // Aug 11, 2015 at 9:39 PM

XBMC (Xbox Media Centre) which became Kodi was removed from Amazon’s Appstore because of massive security issues

• 3 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 11, 2015 at 9:40 PM

I’ve had this android TV box for two years now with Kodi and never had a problem 🙂

• 4 lochinvar // Aug 11, 2015 at 9:40 PM

Graeme@10 on previous post

Jannik Vestergaaard at 6’6? sounds just the man – he must be about the same height as two of our other CB’s joined together. Two for the price of one – will suit Ashleys purse !
    Imagine when he jumps that’s 7 foot of defender – that would have stopped their second goal on Saturday no problem.

• 5 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Aug 11, 2015 at 9:41 PM

They should just start a pay per view streaming service where you can watch any game you want I would happily pay a good price for it !

Its mostly the games on Saturday that you cant watch and I always watch them on foreign streams !!

Dont get a chance to get to Newcastle games that often but will make the trip a few times this season hopefully

• 6 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 11, 2015 at 9:43 PM

Depending on Health I plan on making a couple of games this season. I have used my android box to watch every game of Newcastle’s. like LCBP I’d pay for that too

• 7 BandB // Aug 11, 2015 at 9:47 PM

Aren’t we snatching Shaqiri from under Stoke’s nose?
    Or am I not keeping up?

• 8 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 11, 2015 at 9:48 PM

Shaqiri signed for Stoke this afternoon

• 9 BandB // Aug 11, 2015 at 9:49 PM

I know Chancel

I saw…

• 10 Ibizatoon // Aug 11, 2015 at 9:49 PM

Ed, why the negativity?

What do I think? It’s clear we need a tall and commanding CB, so we’ll be getting one.

I like this new season.

• 11 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 11, 2015 at 9:52 PM

BandB ah I see…..

Nice to see you back BandB haven’t seen you since I came out of hospital, hope you are well

• 12 BandB // Aug 11, 2015 at 9:52 PM

It’s gonna be the hot-diggetty-dawgest best season ever Ibiza.
    Steve and Mike have taken something that was already perfect and made it ten times better.

• 13 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 11, 2015 at 9:52 PM

Newcastle United have joined the race for former Liverpool target Daniel Amartey, according to reports in Italy.

Amartey, currently at FC Copenhagen, was offered a trial at Anfield last summer, however the youngster turned down the opportunity to train with the Reds. Calcio Mercato are now reporting that Newcastle United have joined Leicester City in the race for the defender.

• 14 Ibizatoon // Aug 11, 2015 at 9:53 PM

Shaquiri to Stoke does make one think that anything might indeed be possible.

• 15 BandB // Aug 11, 2015 at 9:53 PM

I know its you.

I hope you get a great season to keep you in top spirits. Get well very soon.

• 16 Average_Contents // Aug 11, 2015 at 9:54 PM

Yes, it’s that bad that one of the biggest app stores on the planet google play still has it. Must be shocking. Doh.

Give over know nowt.

Probably just jealous it doesn’t have a clue how to get it all working.

Brain capacity of a goldfish. Doh.

It’s getting embarrassing the amount of “doh” moments lately. I’d suggest using google but….

• 17 Jib // Aug 11, 2015 at 9:55 PM

I’ve an android box in my apartment in Spain and it’s great for watching Brit TV usually on the FilmOn platform.
    I’m not saying it will all stop , but the EPL is definitely tightening things up, the law in Europe is much more vague than in the US.
    The powers that be are in a cleft stick , they need free and open source media players for internet gaming which is massive but need to control revenue streams from ppv sport.

• 18 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 11, 2015 at 9:56 PM

It’s been a hard struggle but I’m getting there, I’m hoping we are in for a fine season, things are looking good 🙂

• 19 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Aug 11, 2015 at 9:56 PM

Does anyone know if we signed that boy from Ajax? The lad was on trial but dont remember if we actually signed him

• 20 Jib // Aug 11, 2015 at 9:56 PM

I think this game will go to pens

• 21 dok - the horrid colonial // Aug 11, 2015 at 9:57 PM

wanted to tell you, ill be making my 1st visit to SJP in march… convinced the wife that if were to go, hang the costs, and go to tyne wear derby 🙂

of course my concessions were:

I have to spend time in London… and not all 8 days in Newcastle… and I have to do more than find the nearest pub and watch football all day… and I have to go sightseeing, whatever that is…

I easily conceded to everything….

• 22 Ibizatoon // Aug 11, 2015 at 9:57 PM

BandB…Ashley, the man that just keeps on giving.

“hot-diggetty-dawgest best season ever”

Slap a hashtag on that and we’re in business.

• 23 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 11, 2015 at 9:57 PM

Not so sure Jib like AC says if the user has a VPN then it won’t be stopped

• 24 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 11, 2015 at 9:58 PM

LCBP do you mean Dani Koks?

• 25 BandB // Aug 11, 2015 at 9:58 PM

She sounds perfect….

• 26 dok - the horrid colonial // Aug 11, 2015 at 9:59 PM

to reply to your snide comment from last post… yes I make sacrifices in the name of god, NUFC and liver… but ill tell you, I was worthless after the match all day sunday, hahaha

• 27 Our Toon // Aug 11, 2015 at 9:59 PM

The premier doesn’t have the power to prevent games being streamed online, no government in the world has complete control over the Internet, especially the Dark Web. The only way to prevent streaming is by not having any cameras at games!!

• 28 dok - the horrid colonial // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:01 PM

shes been a keeper for 12 years in two weeks… our anniversary.. Im planning to buy her her own NUFC shirt, to keep her out of mine 🙂

• 29 Ibizatoon // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:01 PM

Oh damn it all. The horrid colonial is going to get there before me.

The shame. There it is, the death of Ibizatoon.

“hot-diggetty-dawgest best season ever” coming to a NUFC blog near you soon

• 30 Our Toon // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:03 PM

Do people still think we will sign another player? I think we are done, probably 1 or 2 kids but senior squad is complete unless someone leaves

• 31 Our Toon // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:04 PM

Complete in Ashley’s eyes

• 32 Average_Contents // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:05 PM

There’s no stopping vpn. It’s anonymous. We are anonymous. You will not find us. We find you 😉

Please don’t use google speak, it won’t work you spunktrumpet.

Good to see back too BandB and ibiza…I suppose 😀

Early start so I’m off to bed.

• 33 lochinvar // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:05 PM

Shaqiri – Touché
    Who I hear we might sign from Marseilles

• 34 Jib // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:05 PM

It is so awful being such a thicko.

• 35 Ibizatoon // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:05 PM

Our Toon…Only one man has that much power over the Internet.

JIB…Where did you get to?

Dok…if you found that snide, then apologies to my latest offering. I’m a little rusty and finding my feet again.

• 36 Ibizatoon // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:07 PM

“Good to see back too BandB and ibiza”

Who doesn’t like seeing a bit of back AC.

Night, you waster x

• 37 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:08 PM

Jib that article is about seizing from someone who was selling them not using them, durgh

• 38 Average_Contents // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:09 PM

Last one.

Bang on the money regarding stopping streams, never happen. Vpn’s obviously help mask whatever you’re doing.

It’s definitely NOT been a pleasure fellow bloggers.

• 39 BandB // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:09 PM

No-one enjoys a bit of well-informed speculation better than me, lochinvar.

• 40 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:10 PM

• 41 Average_Contents // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:13 PM

Epic “doh”

Engage brain before fingertips engage google, numbnuts. Dear god, how many times in ONE night?

Honestly, my last post.

• 42 dok - the horrid colonial // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:13 PM

5-4 who, Seville I hope…

• 43 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:13 PM

Dok Barca 🙁

• 44 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:14 PM

fighting now

• 45 dok - the horrid colonial // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:14 PM

was just tickled you remembered me is all, forgot the fence sitting bikini watching Ibiza 🙂

• 46 dok - the horrid colonial // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:15 PM

thanks for depressing me now TFL, methinks I need a pitstop at the local ont he way home

• 47 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:15 PM

sounds like a good idea dok mate

• 48 bettyswallocks // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:17 PM

If Carlsberg did football blogs it wouldn’t be as good as this one.

• 49 Ibizatoon // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:18 PM

Dok…it’s just jealousy on my part. Something just right about a couple of brown ales at 5 in the morning…win or lose

• 50 Munster Mag // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:21 PM

The problem as I said last week is that Steve has basically rendered our central defence a short arse zone by making Colo a permanent part of the structure by making him captain. And please dont tell me that Chancel can leap like a mountain lion or whatever. He is not tall, and that will not help us. He was also at fault for their first goal. Its early days, but we are shackling ourselves badly. The way out of this is to play Colo as a sweeper, but this will decrease our midfield. Colo could do it to a T though…

• 51 Munster Mag // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:23 PM

The sweepetr system will allow our pretty defensively useless full backs to play further up the pitch where thay are more effective. Then we get a big centre half and Mbemba and him would be the markers with Colo free to sweep up behind and sometimes in front of the defence.

• 52 Jib // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:28 PM

Keep it polite young’un
    I haven’t been rude to you
    ignore Average_Contents’ example

What will happen when you go to your supplier for a new build , the software will not be available.

This is from the UK’s biggest supplier.

• 53 toonbrother // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:42 PM

As long as colociinni plays we will not win a single game
    We need a left footed central defender asap

• 54 dok - the horrid colonial // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:54 PM

before the manure match at 645am here, ill email you a pic of my setup, lol… beer and jager… still have your gmail addy?

• 55 Our Toon // Aug 11, 2015 at 10:55 PM

The 1st goal on saturday had absolutely nothing to do with the height of both CB’s, they both didn’t get anywhere near Pelle it was a free header. Long beat Janmaat in the air because he was sleeping for the 2nd goal.

During the game Tadic crossed for Pelle again and Mbemba leaped amd beat Pelle to the ball otherwise that would have been game for them, the difference was Mbemba’s positioning, he was closer to Pelle and able to compete, unlike the 1st goal wheb he drifted away from him and didn’t have a scooby where he was.

• 56 bettyswallocks // Aug 11, 2015 at 11:07 PM

Toonbrother…….i must disagree with your criticism of our captain. Admittedly he wasn’t up to scratch last season, but who was.

He wouldn’t be able to command the respect of all his team mates and coaches if he was as bad as you imply. He is very comfortable on the ball and when up to speed can read the game very well. He needs to be fully committed obviously but the guy has class.

• 57 RonVanDam // Aug 11, 2015 at 11:11 PM

Height – Tick. Is he mobile and fast enough otherwise we’ll end up with another Williamson for the next 5 years

• 58 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 11, 2015 at 11:11 PM

Jib there is always sellers, I know of at least 50 that are still going and ebay and amazon are flooded, Tbh I am pretty knowledgable when it comes to the hardware and have built this box up myself, I have upgraded the ram and hard drive on this one, it’s pretty high spec.

• 59 toonbrother // Aug 11, 2015 at 11:18 PM

@56 bettyswallocks
    I agree with everything you wrote apart from the bit that suggests colocinni is a competent defender
    On that i respectfully disagree
    He is comfortable on the ball yes but he is not comfortable when opposing strikers are on the ball
    He is dreadful in such scenarios
    He is also a dishonest player
    He frequently drifts into no mans land so as not to be exposed in one-on-one situations
    With him in the starting line up relegation is guaranteed
    of this you can be certain

• 60 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 11, 2015 at 11:19 PM

Once Colo and Mbemba have gelled they’ll be better.
    We will be no where near relegated

• 61 dok - the horrid colonial // Aug 11, 2015 at 11:23 PM

you said we were certain to be relegated last year, and also the one before that,…

new song and dance please…. the colo bashing is really overdone…

• 62 jimmysmith // Aug 11, 2015 at 11:23 PM

Is Obertan finally good enough to be a regular starter for Newcastle? Based on the Southampton game and the run he had in the team last season before the injury quite possibly yes, and potentially, certainly yes.

Pace, power and the ability to cross like that, and score dynamic goals, intelligent, incredibly fit and a willing runner. If he had been more consistent, he’d still be at United.

The other thing in Obertans favor is we also have Sissoko and Mitrovic, and if McClaren can get those three playing with the bit between their teeth its hard to imagine a more intimidating or remorseless prospect for an opposition back four. Would make the likes of Perez, Aarons, Cabella and Cisse look positively featherweight by comparison, despite their undoubted skills.

I have my doubts like everyone else, but Obertan deserves to be judged on current and recent form, and will be by McClaren, which is all that counts. The past is irrelevant.

• 63 Tsunki // Aug 11, 2015 at 11:23 PM

Toonbrother – it appears that the only part of the song left to complete is for you to have curly hair too. 😀

• 64 Tsunki // Aug 11, 2015 at 11:24 PM

Well Jimmy let’s just see if he does it every week first eh?

• 65 toonbrother // Aug 11, 2015 at 11:27 PM

@Take a Chancel on me
    he will ruin Mbemba;s career the same way he ruined Mbiwa’s and Williamson;s
    Mark my words

• 66 Belfast // Aug 11, 2015 at 11:31 PM

Pretty average show from Keith Harris and Orville this evening on the blog. I can still see Keiths lips moving when Orville speaks and Keith is still nodding when Orville is speaking.

*Rolling credits*

Bandb – Keith Harris
    Ibiza – Orville
    Ed Harrison – Producer 🙂

• 67 Belfast // Aug 11, 2015 at 11:32 PM

Couldn’t resist it Ibiza sorry haha

• 68 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 11, 2015 at 11:36 PM

utter rubbish Willo has always been pants and Mbiwa couldn’t cut it at either here or Roma that’s why he is going back to France

• 69 jimmysmith // Aug 11, 2015 at 11:40 PM

I doubt Mbemba and Collo will be our regular central defensive pairing. McClaren will still be looking at his options. They are possibly our two best CB’s but height is clearly a problem, that will have to be overcome either tactically, which is difficult, or through selection, particularly if Anita is going to be playing regularly too. Taylor will certainly play and Lascelles has a big chance to stake a claim if he is good enough.

• 70 2_goal_tino // Aug 11, 2015 at 11:52 PM

Lascelles is nowhere near good enough atm and is probably behind Williamson in the pecking order… did you see his pre-season or any of his performances for Forest last year? There is a reason he sat on the bench for most of the year and despite what some claim it isn’t Forest knew he was only on loan there.

• 71 lesh // Aug 11, 2015 at 11:59 PM

Vestergaad eh?

As he’s Danish, it’s time to get Jesper on the case and get Jannik signed up.

• 72 Jail for Ashley // Aug 12, 2015 at 12:02 AM

You have just sussed it you clever barsteward, it has been suggested that our mop haired captain has had relations with toonbotherer’s wife but of course that can’t be true. He has been getting pelters all throughout senior school because of his huge mop of curly hair which no matter how much gel he puts in by three o clock every afternoon he looks like sideshow bob.

• 73 reilly // Aug 12, 2015 at 12:03 AM

jib @ 34.
    the reason that lad was arrested was because he was selling boxes fully loaded,if he had of just sold the boxes with just kodi on he would of been ok.

• 74 lesh // Aug 12, 2015 at 12:08 AM

The price you’ve paid to visit SJP.

You’re a martyr to the cause although if you’re bored in Londinium, you could always see how many Sports Direct shops you can visit!

• 75 jimmysmith // Aug 12, 2015 at 12:20 AM

When is the UK going to get high speed trains? Newcastle to London direct in an hour, while living in beautiful green relaxed Northumberland and turning out for the lads at a bouncing St James’ Park, sounds a pretty good sell to prospective players, who now won’t even entertain us. It surely has to happen in this day and age.

• 76 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 12, 2015 at 12:51 AM

West Ham pull the plug on Joey Barton free transfer after fans voice their displeasure

Read more:

• 77 Mister Tuff // Aug 12, 2015 at 1:04 AM

Shaqiri signing for Stoke will end up being one of the seasons signings. How a unfashionable outfit like Stoke can attract a player of his calibre is a bit baffling.

Shame he’s not coming to join the bwave new world.

• 78 Graeme // Aug 12, 2015 at 1:05 AM

Lochinvar @ 4 – for a short arse, he has huge potential. I hope he is the dogs danglies and we sign him. Its about time we had a proper CB to back Chancer.

Jail, I agree – Colo is the deal breaker. Despite the fact he’s shite, somebody at SJP loves him, thats for sure – a new contract PLUS an extension!! Thats good going for one so inept, who doesnt want to be here – HE will be the bane of our defence this season!!!

• 79 mactoon // Aug 12, 2015 at 1:37 AM

We’ve bought a centre half and have made collo captain. That says to me we aren’t going for another centre half

• 80 expatmag // Aug 12, 2015 at 1:54 AM

We have actually bought 2 centre halves if you include Lascelles.

• 81 toon kk // Aug 12, 2015 at 3:29 AM

Colo’s new contract is classed as a new signing so that’s oue business done for this window.

• 82 Pizzicato The New Texas Geordie // Aug 12, 2015 at 4:29 AM

Folks seem don’t have any confidence in Lascelles. He’s still young though.

• 83 toonbrother // Aug 12, 2015 at 6:35 AM

Vestergaard’s name is everywhere
    Hoping this move comes to fruition

He’s a left sided defender
    Perfect replacement for colo Brilliant!

• 84 JDdubai // Aug 12, 2015 at 6:51 AM

Colo has been captain for 5 years, just had a contract extension. Regardless of how you feel about him, he will be the first choice CB this season with Mbemba.

If this guy comes in then I would assume he will be 3rd choice and Willo will be moved on.

Or we go to 3 at the back.

• 85 JDdubai // Aug 12, 2015 at 6:55 AM

And if we get another CB in, and we have Saylor and Dummett fit as well so , I would loan out Lascelles again with a recall clause – he would be 5th/6th choice CB and dont think he is ready for the PL yet.

Better he plays every week in the Championship then u21 footy for us.

• 86 toonbrother // Aug 12, 2015 at 7:25 AM

@83 JDdubai
    Regardless of how you feel about Colo you are just a helpless fan like everyone else
    you are not the coach and do not in fact know who will be first choice this season.
    However you are free to speculate as you have done

Personally I am convinced If colo continues to play we will get relegated.
    If colo continues to play we will not WIN a single game

My suspicion is mclaren is already beginning to see he is rubbish and is getting Verstepen in as a last minute replacement so he can step in when the defence caves in as it inevitably does when colo is involved

• 87 toonbrother // Aug 12, 2015 at 7:31 AM

If versteppen comes in he would be my 4th choice defender . Our best defenders are as follows
    1. Mbemba
    2. Dummett
    3. Lascelles
    4. Versteppen
    5. Saylor
    6. Willo
    7. Satka
    8. Colocinni

• 88 the broons // Aug 12, 2015 at 7:42 AM

If the way you have ranked the centre backs there are true then we need to look elsewhere.

• 89 Yorkshire Magpie // Aug 12, 2015 at 7:43 AM

toonbrother time to give it a rest with the colo bashing, everyone has heard your point a million times, your just getting annoying now!

• 90 will die for the toon army // Aug 12, 2015 at 7:48 AM

Toon brother
    No way its
    1. Colo
    2. Mbemba
    3. Dummett (If considered as CB)
    4. Taylor
    5. Willo
    6. Lasceles

• 91 welshgeordie9 // Aug 12, 2015 at 7:52 AM

Colo might not be everyone’s favourite player, but how the hell can you put the captain last person on your list.

• 92 the broons // Aug 12, 2015 at 7:52 AM

Am usually not the type of guy to judge on one game however i seen enough on saturday to suggest mbemba is our best centre back already, partly down to the fact that it was the best performance in a toon shirt at centre back for years.

• 93 cyprus // Aug 12, 2015 at 7:55 AM

That takes care of headed goals. Hope he also knows how to kick a ball.

• 94 martoon // Aug 12, 2015 at 7:57 AM

Toonbrother – everyone is entitled to their opinion but if what you say was true then why on earth would the club have given Colo an extension on his contract and not accepted Pardew’s bid for him? ???

• 95 cyprus // Aug 12, 2015 at 7:58 AM

The Broons
    Good debute considering, but he was clearly at fault for goal. Other goal was Jan’s fault.

• 96 Copenhagen Toon // Aug 12, 2015 at 7:59 AM

I’ve been reading Ed’s blog for many years, and been a fan for more than 20 years. This is my first post.

Being from DK I’ve seen Jannik Vestergaard a lot, and this guy could be a coming star.

To me , he is the top talent in Danish football, and I would love to see him in a Newcastle shirt asap! If Mbemba is worth 8M, I would definately not be afraid to pay the same or more for Jannik.

Extremely excited about this – Fingers crossed!

• 97 will die for the toon army // Aug 12, 2015 at 8:00 AM

Versteppen if he is to come he will b rotating with Colo or better according to wat games we r playing.

With Rumours going around;
    The squad:
    GK: Krul, Darlow, Elliott
    RB: Janmatt, Byram
    LB: Dummett, Haidara
    CB: Colo, Mbemba, Verstepper, Taylor, Lasceles
    CM: Colback, Anita, Cheick, Abeid
    CAM: Wijnaldum, De Jong
    RM: Sissoko, Obertan, Goufrann
    LM: Cabella, Aarons, Marvuex
    CF: Mitrovic, Cisse, Perez, Rivere????

We are still good to go and with Verstepper and Byram if pulled off it will b a better defence.
    Willo, Bigi, Fergie, Vuckic,

• 98 martoon // Aug 12, 2015 at 8:01 AM

On topic – I would see this guy as a Willo upgrade!

• 99 the broons // Aug 12, 2015 at 8:12 AM

Yeah he let pelle get in behind him and leap too easily i admit that however he grew as the game went on and my comment still stands that it was the best centre back performance i have seen in a toon shirt for ages.

• 100 toonbrother // Aug 12, 2015 at 8:55 AM

@94 martoon
    Pardew did not bid for him
    He just duped mclaren into giving colo a new contract by feigning interest in him

• 101 Big Archie // Aug 12, 2015 at 3:01 PM

“We had made up our minds that Newcastle would not be bringing in another center-back this summer, but of course we’ve been wrong before.”

Ed most sites have been so far off the mark this summer they might want to consider changing their names.

previous post: NBCSN Win Huge Six Year Deal To Cover PL Games In America