Newcastle To Bid For This 6ft 6ins Bundesliga Central Defender

Italian outlet Tutto Mercato are reporting today that Newcastle scouts have watched Werder Bremen defender Jannik Vestergaard this year, and they very much liked what they have seen.

The 23 year-old only moved to the German club last January from TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, so it’s a good question as to whether his German club will want to sell him so soon, especially if he is playing well.

BREMEN, GERMANY - FEBRUARY 01: Jannik Vestergaard of Bremen controles the ball during the Bundesliga match between SV Werder Bremen and Hertha BSC at Weserstadion on February 1, 2015 in Bremen, Germany.  (Photo by Stuart Franklin/Bongarts/Getty Images)

Werder Bremen defender Jannik Vestergaard

The Italian report suggests that Newcastle have been watching the tall defender this year, and have liked what they have seen in the 17 games he has played for Werder Bremen.

Vestergaard played his youth football at Brondby and started his senior career with German club 1899 Hoffenheim in 2010, before moving to Werder Bremen in January.

Tutto Mercato are reporting that Newcastle are ready to make a bid for the 3 times capped Danish International, who was born in Copenhagen but also qualified to play for Germany because his mother is German.

Jannick received his first cap for the Danish senior team in August of 2013, and he described it as his dream come true to play for the country of his birth, when he represented Denmark against Poland.

In April of this year Everton were interested in signing the big center-back for around £7M, but at that time Werder Bremen said they were not selling.

Werder Bremen are said to have paid only about £2M for the player last January.

We had made up our minds that Newcastle would not be bringing in another center-back this summer, but of course we’ve been wrong before.

But we’d still be surprised if Newcastle do bring in Jannick – although we could definitely do with some height at the back.

What do you think?

Note: 18 year-old Harvey Fitzpatrick is a Newcastle fan and an avid reader of this site – and he is fundraising for cancer research as part of the Macmillan’s ‘Brave the Shave’ campaign they are currently running.

On 18th of August Harvey will be shaving his hair off in support of the cancer fund drive – please see if you can support Harvey by donating on his Brave the Shave site.

• the broons

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:38 PM

big and tall centre back is what we need. Only problem is he needs to be more than twice as good as williamson if he is to be a good addition for us.

• Jib

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:39 PM

Leeds
    XBMC (Xbox Media Centre) which became Kodi was removed from Amazon’s Appstore because of massive security issues

• Take a Chancel on me

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:40 PM

Jib
    I’ve had this android TV box for two years now with Kodi and never had a problem 🙂

• lochinvar

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:40 PM

Graeme@10 on previous post

Jannik Vestergaaard at 6’6? sounds just the man – he must be about the same height as two of our other CB’s joined together. Two for the price of one – will suit Ashleys purse !
    Imagine when he jumps that’s 7 foot of defender – that would have stopped their second goal on Saturday no problem.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:41 PM

They should just start a pay per view streaming service where you can watch any game you want I would happily pay a good price for it !

Its mostly the games on Saturday that you cant watch and I always watch them on foreign streams !!

Dont get a chance to get to Newcastle games that often but will make the trip a few times this season hopefully

• Take a Chancel on me

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:43 PM

Depending on Health I plan on making a couple of games this season. I have used my android box to watch every game of Newcastle’s. like LCBP I’d pay for that too

• BandB

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:47 PM

lochinvar,

Aren’t we snatching Shaqiri from under Stoke’s nose?
    Or am I not keeping up?

• Take a Chancel on me

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:48 PM

BandB
    Shaqiri signed for Stoke this afternoon

• BandB

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:49 PM

I know Chancel

I saw…

• Ibizatoon

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:49 PM

Ed, why the negativity?

What do I think? It’s clear we need a tall and commanding CB, so we’ll be getting one.

I like this new season.

• Take a Chancel on me

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:52 PM

BandB ah I see…..

Repost:
    Nice to see you back BandB haven’t seen you since I came out of hospital, hope you are well

• BandB

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:52 PM

It’s gonna be the hot-diggetty-dawgest best season ever Ibiza.
    Steve and Mike have taken something that was already perfect and made it ten times better.

• Take a Chancel on me

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:52 PM

Newcastle United have joined the race for former Liverpool target Daniel Amartey, according to reports in Italy.

Amartey, currently at FC Copenhagen, was offered a trial at Anfield last summer, however the youngster turned down the opportunity to train with the Reds. Calcio Mercato are now reporting that Newcastle United have joined Leicester City in the race for the defender.

• Ibizatoon

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:53 PM

Shaquiri to Stoke does make one think that anything might indeed be possible.

• BandB

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:53 PM

I know its you.

I hope you get a great season to keep you in top spirits. Get well very soon.

• Average_Contents

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:54 PM

Yes, it’s that bad that one of the biggest app stores on the planet google play still has it. Must be shocking. Doh.

Give over know nowt.

Probably just jealous it doesn’t have a clue how to get it all working.

Brain capacity of a goldfish. Doh.

It’s getting embarrassing the amount of “doh” moments lately. I’d suggest using google but….

• Jib

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:55 PM

Leeds
    I’ve an android box in my apartment in Spain and it’s great for watching Brit TV usually on the FilmOn platform.
    I’m not saying it will all stop , but the EPL is definitely tightening things up, the law in Europe is much more vague than in the US.
    The powers that be are in a cleft stick , they need free and open source media players for internet gaming which is massive but need to control revenue streams from ppv sport.

• Take a Chancel on me

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:56 PM

It’s been a hard struggle but I’m getting there, I’m hoping we are in for a fine season, things are looking good 🙂

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:56 PM

Does anyone know if we signed that boy from Ajax? The lad was on trial but dont remember if we actually signed him

• Jib

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:56 PM

I think this game will go to pens

• dok - the horrid colonial

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:57 PM

BandB,

wanted to tell you, ill be making my 1st visit to SJP in march… convinced the wife that if were to go, hang the costs, and go to tyne wear derby 🙂

of course my concessions were:

I have to spend time in London… and not all 8 days in Newcastle… and I have to do more than find the nearest pub and watch football all day… and I have to go sightseeing, whatever that is…

I easily conceded to everything….

• Ibizatoon

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:57 PM

BandB…Ashley, the man that just keeps on giving.

“hot-diggetty-dawgest best season ever”

Slap a hashtag on that and we’re in business.

• Take a Chancel on me

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:57 PM

Not so sure Jib like AC says if the user has a VPN then it won’t be stopped

• Take a Chancel on me

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:58 PM

LCBP do you mean Dani Koks?

• BandB

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:58 PM

dok,

She sounds perfect….

• dok - the horrid colonial

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:59 PM

Ibiza,

to reply to your snide comment from last post… yes I make sacrifices in the name of god, NUFC and liver… but ill tell you, I was worthless after the match all day sunday, hahaha

• Our Toon

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:59 PM

The premier doesn’t have the power to prevent games being streamed online, no government in the world has complete control over the Internet, especially the Dark Web. The only way to prevent streaming is by not having any cameras at games!!

• dok - the horrid colonial

Aug 11, 2015 at 10:01 PM

BandB,

shes been a keeper for 12 years in two weeks… our anniversary.. Im planning to buy her her own NUFC shirt, to keep her out of mine 🙂

• Ibizatoon

Aug 11, 2015 at 10:01 PM

Oh damn it all. The horrid colonial is going to get there before me.

The shame. There it is, the death of Ibizatoon.

“hot-diggetty-dawgest best season ever” coming to a NUFC blog near you soon

• Our Toon

Aug 11, 2015 at 10:03 PM

Do people still think we will sign another player? I think we are done, probably 1 or 2 kids but senior squad is complete unless someone leaves

• Our Toon

Aug 11, 2015 at 10:04 PM

Complete in Ashley’s eyes

• Average_Contents

Aug 11, 2015 at 10:05 PM

There’s no stopping vpn. It’s anonymous. We are anonymous. You will not find us. We find you 😉

Please don’t use google speak, it won’t work you spunktrumpet.

Good to see back too BandB and ibiza…I suppose 😀

Early start so I’m off to bed.

• lochinvar

Aug 11, 2015 at 10:05 PM

BandB
    Shaqiri – Touché
    Who I hear we might sign from Marseilles

• Jib

Aug 11, 2015 at 10:05 PM

• Ibizatoon

Aug 11, 2015 at 10:05 PM

Our Toon…Only one man has that much power over the Internet.

JIB…Where did you get to?

Dok…if you found that snide, then apologies to my latest offering. I’m a little rusty and finding my feet again.

• Ibizatoon

Aug 11, 2015 at 10:07 PM

“Good to see back too BandB and ibiza”

Who doesn’t like seeing a bit of back AC.

Night, you waster x

• Take a Chancel on me

Aug 11, 2015 at 10:08 PM

Jib that article is about seizing from someone who was selling them not using them, durgh

• Average_Contents

Aug 11, 2015 at 10:09 PM

Last one.

Ourtoon

Bang on the money regarding stopping streams, never happen. Vpn’s obviously help mask whatever you’re doing.

It’s definitely NOT been a pleasure fellow bloggers.

Night.

• BandB

Aug 11, 2015 at 10:09 PM

No-one enjoys a bit of well-informed speculation better than me, lochinvar.

• Take a Chancel on me