Coloccini Hints At Longer Stay At Newcastle

Steve McClaren seemed delighted to have Coloccini pledge his future to Newcastle last week, well at least for the next couple of years,  and we have to give Colo credit for playing so well on Sunday with a new partner at the back – the impressive Chancel Mbemba – it was Colo’s first game since we beat West Ham 2-0 in that critical final game of the season.

Fabricio has been talking to BBC Radio Newcastle today, and it seems he wants to keep playing and maybe past the two years he has signed up to play at Newcastle.

Fabricio Coloccini Newcastle vs Southampton+TU3-xyYqnWpl

Fabricio Coloccini in action on Sunday

Crystal Palace were willing to give Colo a three year deal to move to London, which would keep him playing until he was 36,  but he got a one year extension at Newcastle which will keep him on Tyneside until June of 2017.

This is what Colo has told BBC Radio Newcastle today:

“I had a few offers to leave the club, but I said my first choice is to be here.” “I felt proud because – I want to be here. I feel part of this club and this city.”

“I expect to be fit and play every game.” “I would like to finish my career in Europe, maybe here.” “I try to speak in the present. I have a contract for two years, but in the future I don’t know what will happen.”

“I would like to finish my career in Europe, but maybe I will play a few years in Argentina if I feel OK.”

It will depend on how Colo plays this season, but it does seem that Colo is open to playing for Newcastle past his two year deal on Tyneside.

And if he plays well in the coming season for Steve McClaren, it wouldn’t surprise us too much if Newcastle extend his contract for another year next summer.

Colo’s style is well suited to play for a few years yet – since he ‘s such a good reader of the game, as he demonstrated on Sunday.

He was also never quick so he will not exactly lose any speed – since he never had any to start with.

🙂

Maybe if Newcastle are to do really well this season in Steve McClaren’s first year on Tyneside,  it means the captain will have to do well.

We hope that happens – and if it does don’t be surprised if Fabricio gets another one year extension to his current deal.

From what he says above – that would be very acceptable to Coloccini.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Aug 12, 2015 at 5:22 PM

Colo out

• Take a Chancel on me

Aug 12, 2015 at 5:22 PM

I honestly think our youth system needs a shake up I don’t think Beardo is the right man for the job

• beermonkey

Aug 12, 2015 at 5:23 PM

chancel

was it you who recommended zeus for kodi
    I installed it and nothing works wondered if u had a clue as to why

• Take a Chancel on me

Aug 12, 2015 at 5:26 PM

Beermonkey
    No it was Reilly and I downladed it and found nowt works too so I uninstalled it mate

• lochinvar

Aug 12, 2015 at 5:27 PM

Sky report suggests a January transfer then as no one will pay QPR the inflated £15m they want and need
    AUSTIN STAYING PUT?
    As we’ve been telling you, our sources say Charlie Austin has been offered a new contract by QPR and that’s prompted another change in the betting on his future.
    The Londoners are now regarded as favourites to hold Austin’s registration when the transfer window shuts early next month – the striker is 9/4 to be at Loftus Road at that point.
    Tottenham are out to 11/2 to land the player who lit up the Premier League last season. Newcastle and Everton, who have also been favourites to sign Austin in recent days, can be backed at 6/1 and 8/1

• Belfast

Aug 12, 2015 at 5:29 PM

Just goes to show you what a joke the betting markets are. He was 10/1 to remain at Qpr two days ago.

• beermonkey

Aug 12, 2015 at 5:30 PM

chancel

that’s a shame it looked quite good

• Take a Chancel on me

Aug 12, 2015 at 5:32 PM

I still have a feeling we’ll sign Austin

• Belfast

Aug 12, 2015 at 5:33 PM

He’ll probably end up at Leicester on the last day if the status quo remains.

That’s my prediction 🙂

• beermonkey

Aug 12, 2015 at 5:33 PM

chancel

I don’t think we will sign him
    I am expecting a few for the under 21s and that’s it

• YouCouldn'tMakeItUp

Aug 12, 2015 at 5:34 PM

Colo has been swayed by all the fan-mail he recieved from Toonbrother.

• Take a Chancel on me

Aug 12, 2015 at 5:34 PM

I think we’ll sign Austin and a winger although a cb would be preferable

• JP...from The Rock

Aug 12, 2015 at 5:35 PM

We need defenders in ASAP!! Colo to me is past it. Haidara is not good enough to be a starter and at RB we have no cover.

When that is sorted we need a fast Winger preferbly one that can play on either side.

Then and only then should we think of bolstering our attack even more.

• Take a Chancel on me

Aug 12, 2015 at 5:35 PM

PMSL YCMIU

• Ibizatoon

Aug 12, 2015 at 5:49 PM

Does anyone else here that running water? Sounds like someone running a nice hot warm bath…

Toonbrother…It just isn’t worth it mate.

“Maybe here” isn’t much of a hint mind.

“What is his name? Colo!”

“Where does he wanna be? Maybe here!”

Phwoar, what a captain.

• Sazzer

Aug 12, 2015 at 5:54 PM

Take a Chancel on me
    I think the first team upgrade in coaching will influence our
    youth. Ian Cathro invented is own system I’m sure Beardsley will incorporate a lot of new stuff.

• will die for the toon army

Aug 12, 2015 at 5:55 PM

I think our squad is enough for the season at the front. Its tge defence that we really need to improve.

Either buy a LB and RB then move Dummett to CB.

Or Buy a RB and CB then keep Durmett at LB.

CF with Rivere injured. I really see Perez as a winger not a Forward. So we might have a gap there but with Marvuex going to be given his chance. Then we will b ok.

Then we r good to go.

• Belfast

Aug 12, 2015 at 5:57 PM

Hold on here….. I can see Orville but I can’t see Keith?

Orville where is Keith? 🙂

• toonbrother

Aug 12, 2015 at 5:58 PM

If we get relegated (which is a certainty with him involved) we’ll be right at home in the championship or league 1

• toonbrother

Aug 12, 2015 at 5:59 PM

Colo is a championship level defender. He’ll be in his element when we get relegated

• dok - the horrid colonial

Aug 12, 2015 at 6:00 PM

slams door in the face of toonbother, as Ibiza really beetlejuiced him up

• Rotonda heights

Aug 12, 2015 at 6:02 PM

jib

no one is a bigger fan of Beardo than me, but I’ve now just heard too many people say he’s not a good coach.

• Rotonda heights

Aug 12, 2015 at 6:03 PM

shock horror

an attack on colo by guess who….!

• Mister Tuff

Aug 12, 2015 at 6:05 PM

blackley – you’ve had two pops already trying to start a ruck. I do not call all fellow bloggers knackers because I have a differing opinion on football matters to them – that should be quite obvious. Yet another twisting of reality by yourself.
    I will use the word knacker if someone is behaving like a knacker.
    It seems that you are again revving up from a mouse like restart on the blog – to your own argumentative best.

• Belfast

Aug 12, 2015 at 6:06 PM

Is Toonbrother Indian Magpie by any chance?

• Take a Chancel on me

Aug 12, 2015 at 6:09 PM

Honestly Colo is a decent CB when up to speed and gelled with his cb partner. Toonbrother seriously enough is enough. Has the long haired one been slipping your wife one or summat?

• dok - the horrid colonial

Aug 12, 2015 at 6:12 PM

TFL,

we all know the song…. methinks it really happened…

• Take a Chancel on me

Aug 12, 2015 at 6:13 PM

hahaha Dok

• Take a Chancel on me

Aug 12, 2015 at 6:14 PM

Mason Holgate is having a medical at Everton!

• Our Toon

Aug 12, 2015 at 6:16 PM

Colo staying can only be good for some of the younger lads in the squad, especially the young defenders who will learn from him, his experiences of playing the game. Money can’t buy what he brings off the pitch for these lads.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Aug 12, 2015 at 6:17 PM

Tuff
    You keep calling people knackers for expressing their opinions if you want. Better than your mate who calls them liars on the basis of zero evidence. You will continue to call people knackers, I’ve no doubt. Just think of my words every time you do. I’ve made my point. I won’t be drawn in any further.

• Ibizatoon

Aug 12, 2015 at 6:17 PM

Belfast…Not sure, but I can see a tw@. How are you anyway, other than a tw@, of course?

• Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund

Aug 12, 2015 at 6:17 PM

I used to rate Colocinni pretty highly, but in one on one situations he gets absolutely obliterated, and he’s weak in the air, not to mention his on pitch leadership skills are virtually non – existent.

That said he still reads the game well and is calm on the ball and can play it out. I don’t think him and Mbrmba can play together or we will be undone with almost every ball into the box with pace and height.

I’d like to see Mbemba get the nod as he just looks like a great player. Sure he needs some game time and development but he’s got it all and showed good glimpses of it on Sun.

• dok - the horrid colonial

Aug 12, 2015 at 6:17 PM

by the way, TFL, how you feeling these days?

• reilly

Aug 12, 2015 at 6:17 PM

its working for me lads,just update then reboot.its 1 of the best plus there will be an epg coming out soon

• TacoFlavoredKisses ForMyBen-arfa

Aug 12, 2015 at 6:20 PM

Colo Out

• Sazzer

Aug 12, 2015 at 6:21 PM

Re-post this:
    Amartey & Holgate seem to be the type of link you get when a player is close to another club and #NUFC scouted them one time and moved on.

Amartey looks closest to Leicester, Holgate closest to Everton and Vestergaard closest to Newcastle.

• Mister Tuff

Aug 12, 2015 at 6:21 PM

Blackley – when you start your antics again -just think what my retort would be – perhaps knacker.

• beermonkey