Poll: Can Newcastle Win At Swansea?

It’s going to be a very tough game for us on Saturday at the Liberty Stadium at Swansea, although we did manage a 2-2 draw last season.

In April, 2012 when we finished 5th in the league, we did get a 2-0 win with a brace from Papiss Cisse, but Swansea seem to keep improving every season, and have done very well since Garry Monk took over early last year.

papiss cisse first goal swansea

Papiss Cisse scoring first goal at Swansea in 2-0 win in 2012

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Swansea?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

Note: Alex Wannop is fund raising for a local Newcastle Charity called Tiny Lives, who support the Special Care Baby Unit at the Newcastle RVI.

Alex’s son Isaac was born by emergency C-section at the hospital, and the doctors by their skill and efforts saved his son’s life.

Please see if you can help Alex in raising money by donating to his just giving page for what is a very worthwhile cause.

• Jib

Aug 13, 2015 at 2:17 PM

Time for the next article yet ?

• dok - the horrid colonial

Aug 13, 2015 at 2:19 PM

Tuff
    I would refer you to my previous comments on the King Percy headbutt incident. Please move on. Nobody wants to read us bickering. Try to talk football on here.

dear pot, here is my best friend kettle…. god blacklie, youre definitely not NASA material…

• JDdubai

Aug 13, 2015 at 2:19 PM

Think we will lose vs Swansea but not against the realms of fantasy that we can get something from it – think a lot will depend on who wins the battles of their wingers vs our fullbacks.

Would love to see Aarons involved though but think the starting 11 will be the same as Soton. Main downside to that is that one of Perez, Aarons, SDJ or Mitrovic are guaranteed not to get on the pitch.

• nut meg

Aug 13, 2015 at 2:20 PM

REPOST
    Bobbybee
    I used to go to a old guy who used to treat people from all walks of life with all sorts of injuries that doctors & hospitals couldn’t really do much with.He used to treat Tony Green & he told me he could have got him back to full fitness but the club had him operated on too quick, he said probably for the insurance money as was not uncommon in those days and one of the directors was a surgeon ! A truly brilliant player who tragically only had one season with us but is a true LEGEND.

• dok - the horrid colonial

Aug 13, 2015 at 2:20 PM

jib,

need the daily Austin link, so yes, at least one more 🙂

• Mister Tuff

Aug 13, 2015 at 2:22 PM

Blackley – I’m pleased you now have accepted that your bickering degrades the quality of the blog. I therefore hope to see you in a new light in the coming weeks.

• Jib

Aug 13, 2015 at 2:28 PM

Donny Rovers v Leeds Utd in the Capital cup tonight 19.45 Sky Sports 1
    Opportunity to watch young Byram in a white hot derby atmosphere.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Aug 13, 2015 at 2:32 PM

Our new signings look promising, a decent performance on Sunday, Tuff appears to have agreed to stop calling bloggers knackers and undesirable types, Blackley and Tuff have agreed to stop bickering. All we need now is for the horse to be bolted to the cart.

• Bobbybee

Aug 13, 2015 at 2:36 PM

Nut meg, i did reply on the previous thread, but i keep getting left behind lmao. Slow down Ed!! 🙂

• Bobbybee

Aug 13, 2015 at 2:39 PM

Jib, looking forward to that game tonight, followed by the draw. Sunderland at home would make my day 🙂 No weakened team for that game!!

• Mister Tuff

Aug 13, 2015 at 2:40 PM

oops nearly forgot – Blackley you have to stop twisting what folk say -and giving totally false interpretations of what people say. Get that sorted and stop arguing and you may end up being a decent poster. I hope you are going to change however I’ve just put my stop watch on to see how many minutes you last. Can you present to the blog a new and reformed character.

• Mister Tuff

Aug 13, 2015 at 2:44 PM

Back to Swansea – I’m a bit concerned about Anita – if he’s fit Wally will play him, but will he last the whole game or seeing what happened on Sunday will Swansea try to snuff him out.
    Clearly Mr T is off the pace -caught in possession a few times.
    Still not seen fully what de Jong can do so concerned about him.

• JAMSHA

Aug 13, 2015 at 2:50 PM

2-0 loss..

• Bobbybee

Aug 13, 2015 at 2:51 PM

Sheeeeet, I forgot the draw is seeded tonight, so a derby is out of the question. We’re ball number 13 for those superstitious people.

• Jib

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:02 PM

Sky Sports News are really giving Mourinho the treatment over his clash with his medicos

• BrightonMag

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:04 PM

RE Lewis Dunk…Categorically yes…P1sses all over Williamson…He’d walk straight into the defence imho…Sign him up FFS!!!

• Jib

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:08 PM

Brighton
    He may very well be superior to Willo however Big Mike wasn’t even on the bench .
    He isn’t going to walk into a PL team ahead of Mbemba Colo Taylor or even Dummett

• hibbit

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:09 PM

nut meg you talking about harold ?

• Novocastrian66

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:10 PM

I think we should start with Mitrovic on Saturday. I thought Cisse was poor on Sunday. I also think we could be more direct on Saturday, with the likely formation 4-4-1-1 than 4-2-3-1, played on Sunday.

• catchy in norway

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:17 PM

can they and will they are 2 different things

of course they can

will they win, im saying yes

• jazzyp

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:17 PM

I don’t understand the need to go for Dunk. Although an upgrade on Poor Willo, I don’t see him as a first team starter.
    Spend a bit more and bring in a first team player rather than something we already have in lascellas.
    Same with Byram, yes looks promise for the future but bring in a automatic starter at left back first, rather than bouncing between Haidara and Dummett

• Blackley and Brownlie

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:18 PM

Tuff @ 11 Just drop it, fella.

• hibbit

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:20 PM

tony was injured in 1972 the first successful op of the type he need was 1981 he had it done in 1988 paid for by the pfa he spoke very well of newcastle and the way they looked after him ………. i think those dates are about right

• lochinvar

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:23 PM

Jib@15
    And so Sky should give Moanrinio a hard time.
    He’s got found out this time for what he really is – no one is impressed by his ” look at me” ego antics anymore.
    Medical professionals deal with so much and to be slated and treated by Moanrinio as Dr. Carnerio has been is plain wrong. In fact she should sue Chelsea for Constructive Dismissal as she has a case. I posted previously – what would have been the outcome for Muamba if the Medical teams hadn’t rushed to his assistance. I wonder how Moanrinio would react if he keeled over at a match and asked for the Doctor, ” what Doctor would be the reply.

Collectively fans are agreed on Chelsea’s antics on many occasions both on and off the field. Every club when playing Chelsea should now chant ” Eva Carnerio, Eva Carnerio, Eva Carnerio, Eva Carnerio” to the tune of ( eludes me ) but you know the one…from an Italian opera ? That would show solidarity across all clubs … and put Moanrinio in his place. Just waiting on his grudging apology.

• Mister Tuff

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:26 PM

On the evidence, albeit short, from Sunday, it looks like Mitrovich is going to run at defenders from the off – trying to, whilst I won’t say barge past them into open space, but he’s clearly got one thing in mind. If they go two up against him the odds of him breaking through will be reduced.
    He does need to exhibit some control otherwise he’ll see a red – I sure Wally and the team are addressing this.
    So at the weekend I’ll be observing our obvious defensive shortcomings – Colo in particular, wing play -whoever starts, and who is going to create – if Anita comes off or gets marked/clobbered out the game.
    Would still be enough time to rectify weaknesses by new signings.

• Novocastrian66

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:29 PM

lochinvar; Spot on mate. What would Mourinho say if the physio started telling him which player he should buy or select. To the best of my knowledge Mourinho has not become a physician during the close season.

• Jib

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:31 PM

lochinvar
    I suppose being the best league in the world we will attract some horrible buggers to our shores.
    On this theme did you see van Gaal’s presser?
    What an arrogant snotgobbling shitbag he is , if I was a journo and he spoke to me like that I go up and stick one on him.
    In case anybody feels I am being overly jingoistic . I will say that Nigel Pearson was certifiable.

• Mister Tuff

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:32 PM

Click! Blackley you lasted about half an hour. That’s not bad for a first attempt. Maybe some breathing exercises or a little yoga may help you or failing that a bit of hypnotism- here try this :-
    “Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don’t look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you’re under. I have not been taking your underwear home, putting it on in my bedroom and then parading up and down in front of the mirror going (running his hands over his body) ‘Oh, oh, oh, oh’. Three, two, one… You’re back in the room.”

• Our Toon

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:34 PM

Bobby

Didn’t get time to respond earlier mate, I base my opinions on what I see though, your comment though is baffling somewhat “Our toon, for someone who doesn’t go to games, all your info on Arma is based on other’s opinions”

Are you saying no people that now don’t attend games can’t have opinions? In my opinion from what I’ve seen from young Arma is nothing worth shouting about. He’s made ZERO impact albeit in small cameos, unlike some youngsters over the past few months that have taken there chances and are around his age when they did.

Barkley
    Stones
    Bellerin
    Chambers
    Shaw
    Oxford (WH 16 year old who schooled Ozil)
    Bentleb
    Grealish

Some might be slightly older, 1 or 2 younger but I’m glad for Arma he’s got a loan spell and can learn from his spell.

• Our Toon

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:35 PM

Jib

We don’t have the best league

• barkel

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:36 PM

regarding the lc – our game is going to be midweek between Utd (a) and Arsenal (h), do people think we’ll be putting out our first XI?

• Dennis Twice

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:36 PM

Attack Toon attack attack!

• Jib

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:39 PM

Our Toon
    According to Thierry Henri we do !
    I suppose it depends of the definition of best.

• BrightonMag

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:42 PM

Jib@17 – I’ve seen the guy develop down here, he’s a better player than Dummett and, dare I say, Colo, he’s got height and pace. I do rate him highly

• Jib

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:43 PM

barkel
    I think we have to because we are so far behind with our fitness plus with new players it helps with team bonding

• hibbit

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:44 PM

our toon what’s rattled your cage today nothing seems right your normally such a balanced poster who makes some good points

• Jib

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:48 PM

Barkel
    If we are winning comfortably I can see us bringing on some players we want shot of because it will only be 6 days before the window shuts.

• jazzyp

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:49 PM

Happy 45th to Sir Shearer today

• jazzyp

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:50 PM

Jib
    Hopefully the fringe players will be long gone by then mate

• Jib

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:51 PM

BrightonMag
    You should say you “think” he is a better player.
    You have never seen him play in the PL.
    No-one has