The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Poll: Can Newcastle Win At Swansea?

2:15 pm, Thursday, August 13th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 218 Comments

It’s going to be a very tough game for us on Saturday at the Liberty Stadium at Swansea, although we did manage a 2-2 draw last season.

In April, 2012 when we finished 5th in the league, we did get a 2-0 win with a brace from Papiss Cisse, but Swansea seem to keep improving every season, and have done very well since Garry Monk took over early last year.

papiss cisse first goal swansea

Papiss Cisse scoring first goal at Swansea in 2-0 win in 2012

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Swansea?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Note: Alex Wannop is fund raising for a local Newcastle Charity called Tiny Lives, who support the Special Care Baby Unit at the Newcastle RVI.

Alex’s son Isaac was born by emergency C-section at the hospital, and the doctors by their skill and efforts saved his son’s life.

Please see if you can help Alex in raising money by donating to his just giving page for what is a very worthwhile cause.

Tags: Match Preview · Newcastle News · Poll · Premier League

218 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jib // Aug 13, 2015 at 2:17 PM

Time for the next article yet ?

• 2 dok - the horrid colonial // Aug 13, 2015 at 2:19 PM

I would refer you to my previous comments on the King Percy headbutt incident. Please move on. Nobody wants to read us bickering. Try to talk football on here.

dear pot, here is my best friend kettle…. god blacklie, youre definitely not NASA material…

• 3 JDdubai // Aug 13, 2015 at 2:19 PM

Think we will lose vs Swansea but not against the realms of fantasy that we can get something from it – think a lot will depend on who wins the battles of their wingers vs our fullbacks.

Would love to see Aarons involved though but think the starting 11 will be the same as Soton. Main downside to that is that one of Perez, Aarons, SDJ or Mitrovic are guaranteed not to get on the pitch.

• 4 nut meg // Aug 13, 2015 at 2:20 PM

I used to go to a old guy who used to treat people from all walks of life with all sorts of injuries that doctors & hospitals couldnโ€™t really do much with.He used to treat Tony Green & he told me he could have got him back to full fitness but the club had him operated on too quick, he said probably for the insurance money as was not uncommon in those days and one of the directors was a surgeon ! A truly brilliant player who tragically only had one season with us but is a true LEGEND.

• 5 dok - the horrid colonial // Aug 13, 2015 at 2:20 PM

need the daily Austin link, so yes, at least one more ๐Ÿ™‚

• 6 Mister Tuff // Aug 13, 2015 at 2:22 PM

Blackley – I’m pleased you now have accepted that your bickering degrades the quality of the blog. I therefore hope to see you in a new light in the coming weeks.

• 7 Jib // Aug 13, 2015 at 2:28 PM

Donny Rovers v Leeds Utd in the Capital cup tonight 19.45 Sky Sports 1
    Opportunity to watch young Byram in a white hot derby atmosphere.

• 8 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 13, 2015 at 2:32 PM

Our new signings look promising, a decent performance on Sunday, Tuff appears to have agreed to stop calling bloggers knackers and undesirable types, Blackley and Tuff have agreed to stop bickering. All we need now is for the horse to be bolted to the cart.

• 9 Bobbybee // Aug 13, 2015 at 2:36 PM

Nut meg, i did reply on the previous thread, but i keep getting left behind lmao. Slow down Ed!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• 10 Bobbybee // Aug 13, 2015 at 2:39 PM

Jib, looking forward to that game tonight, followed by the draw. Sunderland at home would make my day ๐Ÿ™‚ No weakened team for that game!!

• 11 Mister Tuff // Aug 13, 2015 at 2:40 PM

oops nearly forgot – Blackley you have to stop twisting what folk say -and giving totally false interpretations of what people say. Get that sorted and stop arguing and you may end up being a decent poster. I hope you are going to change however I’ve just put my stop watch on to see how many minutes you last. Can you present to the blog a new and reformed character.

• 12 Mister Tuff // Aug 13, 2015 at 2:44 PM

Back to Swansea – I’m a bit concerned about Anita – if he’s fit Wally will play him, but will he last the whole game or seeing what happened on Sunday will Swansea try to snuff him out.
    Clearly Mr T is off the pace -caught in possession a few times.
    Still not seen fully what de Jong can do so concerned about him.

• 13 JAMSHA // Aug 13, 2015 at 2:50 PM

2-0 loss..

• 14 Bobbybee // Aug 13, 2015 at 2:51 PM

Sheeeeet, I forgot the draw is seeded tonight, so a derby is out of the question. We’re ball number 13 for those superstitious people.

• 15 Jib // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:02 PM

Sky Sports News are really giving Mourinho the treatment over his clash with his medicos

• 16 BrightonMag // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:04 PM

RE Lewis Dunk…Categorically yes…P1sses all over Williamson…He’d walk straight into the defence imho…Sign him up FFS!!!

• 17 Jib // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:08 PM

He may very well be superior to Willo however Big Mike wasn’t even on the bench .
    He isn’t going to walk into a PL team ahead of Mbemba Colo Taylor or even Dummett

• 18 hibbit // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:09 PM

nut meg you talking about harold ?

• 19 Novocastrian66 // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:10 PM

I think we should start with Mitrovic on Saturday. I thought Cisse was poor on Sunday. I also think we could be more direct on Saturday, with the likely formation 4-4-1-1 than 4-2-3-1, played on Sunday.

• 20 catchy in norway // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:17 PM

can they and will they are 2 different things

of course they can

will they win, im saying yes

• 21 jazzyp // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:17 PM

I don’t understand the need to go for Dunk. Although an upgrade on Poor Willo, I don’t see him as a first team starter.
    Spend a bit more and bring in a first team player rather than something we already have in lascellas.
    Same with Byram, yes looks promise for the future but bring in a automatic starter at left back first, rather than bouncing between Haidara and Dummett

• 22 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:18 PM

Tuff @ 11 Just drop it, fella.

• 23 hibbit // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:20 PM

tony was injured in 1972 the first successful op of the type he need was 1981 he had it done in 1988 paid for by the pfa he spoke very well of newcastle and the way they looked after him ………. i think those dates are about right

• 24 lochinvar // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:23 PM

And so Sky should give Moanrinio a hard time.
    He’s got found out this time for what he really is – no one is impressed by his ” look at me” ego antics anymore.
    Medical professionals deal with so much and to be slated and treated by Moanrinio as Dr. Carnerio has been is plain wrong. In fact she should sue Chelsea for Constructive Dismissal as she has a case. I posted previously – what would have been the outcome for Muamba if the Medical teams hadn’t rushed to his assistance. I wonder how Moanrinio would react if he keeled over at a match and asked for the Doctor, ” what Doctor would be the reply.

Collectively fans are agreed on Chelsea’s antics on many occasions both on and off the field. Every club when playing Chelsea should now chant ” Eva Carnerio, Eva Carnerio, Eva Carnerio, Eva Carnerio” to the tune of ( eludes me ) but you know the one…from an Italian opera ? That would show solidarity across all clubs … and put Moanrinio in his place. Just waiting on his grudging apology.

• 25 Mister Tuff // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:26 PM

On the evidence, albeit short, from Sunday, it looks like Mitrovich is going to run at defenders from the off – trying to, whilst I won’t say barge past them into open space, but he’s clearly got one thing in mind. If they go two up against him the odds of him breaking through will be reduced.
    He does need to exhibit some control otherwise he’ll see a red – I sure Wally and the team are addressing this.
    So at the weekend I’ll be observing our obvious defensive shortcomings – Colo in particular, wing play -whoever starts, and who is going to create – if Anita comes off or gets marked/clobbered out the game.
    Would still be enough time to rectify weaknesses by new signings.

• 26 Novocastrian66 // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:29 PM

lochinvar; Spot on mate. What would Mourinho say if the physio started telling him which player he should buy or select. To the best of my knowledge Mourinho has not become a physician during the close season.

• 27 Jib // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:31 PM

I suppose being the best league in the world we will attract some horrible buggers to our shores.
    On this theme did you see van Gaal’s presser?
    What an arrogant snotgobbling shitbag he is , if I was a journo and he spoke to me like that I go up and stick one on him.
    In case anybody feels I am being overly jingoistic . I will say that Nigel Pearson was certifiable.

• 28 Mister Tuff // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:32 PM

Click! Blackley you lasted about half an hour. That’s not bad for a first attempt. Maybe some breathing exercises or a little yoga may help you or failing that a bit of hypnotism- here try this :-
    “Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don’t look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you’re under. I have not been taking your underwear home, putting it on in my bedroom and then parading up and down in front of the mirror going (running his hands over his body) ‘Oh, oh, oh, oh’. Three, two, one… You’re back in the room.”

• 29 Our Toon // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:34 PM

Didn’t get time to respond earlier mate, I base my opinions on what I see though, your comment though is baffling somewhat “Our toon, for someone who doesnโ€™t go to games, all your info on Arma is based on otherโ€™s opinions”

Are you saying no people that now don’t attend games can’t have opinions? In my opinion from what I’ve seen from young Arma is nothing worth shouting about. He’s made ZERO impact albeit in small cameos, unlike some youngsters over the past few months that have taken there chances and are around his age when they did.

Oxford (WH 16 year old who schooled Ozil)

Some might be slightly older, 1 or 2 younger but I’m glad for Arma he’s got a loan spell and can learn from his spell.

• 30 Our Toon // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:35 PM

We don’t have the best league

• 31 barkel // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:36 PM

regarding the lc – our game is going to be midweek between Utd (a) and Arsenal (h), do people think we’ll be putting out our first XI?

• 32 Dennis Twice // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:36 PM

Attack Toon attack attack!

• 33 Jib // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:39 PM

Our Toon
    According to Thierry Henri we do !
    I suppose it depends of the definition of best.

• 34 BrightonMag // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:42 PM

Jib@17 – I’ve seen the guy develop down here, he’s a better player than Dummett and, dare I say, Colo, he’s got height and pace. I do rate him highly

• 35 Jib // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:43 PM

I think we have to because we are so far behind with our fitness plus with new players it helps with team bonding

• 36 hibbit // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:44 PM

our toon what’s rattled your cage today nothing seems right your normally such a balanced poster who makes some good points

• 37 Jib // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:48 PM

If we are winning comfortably I can see us bringing on some players we want shot of because it will only be 6 days before the window shuts.

• 38 jazzyp // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:49 PM

Happy 45th to Sir Shearer today

• 39 jazzyp // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:50 PM

Hopefully the fringe players will be long gone by then mate

• 40 Jib // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:51 PM

You should say you “think” he is a better player.
    You have never seen him play in the PL.
    No-one has
    Cos he hasn’t

• 41 jazzyp // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:51 PM

@lee_ryder: Understand there is no truth in ?#?nufc? being in for Lewis Dunk. But as reported today Mike Williamson could leave.

• 42 Our Toon // Aug 13, 2015 at 3:59 PM

Aye mate i didn’t appreciate being told my opinion is based on what other see because I don’t attend games anymore.

Jib – I measure how good the prem is on how we compete in European competitions, Spain and Germany are ahead of us in terms of standard of players and ability. Dortmund finished mid table but beat Arsenal easily at home although they lost away. Spanish league though is by far the best, we have the most competitive league though in which anyone can beat anyone on any given day!!

Henry works here so has to say it’s the best league, he failed in Italy before coming here…..class player though.

• 43 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 13, 2015 at 4:02 PM

Tuff @ 28
    Just drop it fella. We’re bored with your antics.

• 44 Online Guy // Aug 13, 2015 at 4:04 PM

Long search for a new Top centre back and now the Mail is reporting we are in for Musthava Kaka ..He’s been compared to Woodgate by some..

• 45 hibbit // Aug 13, 2015 at 4:07 PM

our toon ….do what i do ignor the dick head wum life to shot for a prat like that to get under your skin

• 46 LGFUAD21 // Aug 13, 2015 at 4:07 PM

Think a draw out of this game would be good result and something to build on for the tougher fixtures.

I’m not worried too much about Swansea marking Anita out of the game. It’ll affect our play but if their too busy worrying about Anita it’ll allow moussa and gini to get at them. That’s provided our players realise that.

• 47 dok - the horrid colonial // Aug 13, 2015 at 4:07 PM

no, its you who we are bored with…

ill take tuff over your so called superiority any day…

at least sir tuff brings something to the table, unlike you

• 48 Online Guy // Aug 13, 2015 at 4:08 PM

Remember Bernt Arse that played for the unwashed ? looks like we are in for him .

• 49 ronaldo aarons // Aug 13, 2015 at 4:09 PM

I can’t get my head around this he hasn’t played in the premier league therefore you don’t know if he is any good. Absolute rubbish. There are plenty of good players that can play at a high level, they just need to be given the opportunity. If you’ve seen dunk play fairly often then you’ll know he is good enough to play at a higher level. You can’t judge him on one or two games and a few clips on youtube. And similarly it seriously annoys me when a foreign player comes into the league and the media act as if they haven’t proven themselves to be a good player unless they perform well in the premier league.

• 50 Jib // Aug 13, 2015 at 4:14 PM

Mustapha Kaka did he not partner the Dutchman Hertz van Hire

• 51 Bobbybee // Aug 13, 2015 at 4:16 PM

Our toon, nowt wrong with opinions, but how do you form one if you’ve never watched these players? You state categorically that Kemen is our best prospect, but how can you say that without watching him play? Arma is still only 18 and having watched him progress, I’ll take anybody’s bet that he will make it. I’ve seen him at his best and he is, imo, from my own viewpoint, the best striker we have ever produced. I do rate Kemen, but his first touch needs to improve. Dunno if you even realise it, but you have a tendency to make sweeping statements, telling other bloggers that they’re wrong. Not much room for opinions there mate? I love opinions; they make the blog go round after all and it’s all we have – any of us. An opinion based on first hand experience, or one made purely from hearsay? Just my opinion marra ๐Ÿ™‚

• 52 nut meg // Aug 13, 2015 at 4:23 PM

Yes old Harold Burgess was his name,or a packet of tabs as he was nicknamed.I had reason to use his skills quite often over the years.

• 53 Thump // Aug 13, 2015 at 4:24 PM

Have to agree with Bobbybee. Arma looks like he’s a good coach away from being a star. He reads the game better than any forward at his level – I just hope we managed to keep hold of him.

• 54 Bobbybee // Aug 13, 2015 at 4:24 PM

Hibbet, who the f@ck are you calling a dick head? I’ve tried engaging you in polite conversation – despite what others warned me about – and can’t recall once when I’ve insulted you. Go take your head for a shyte.

• 55 Ron Knee // Aug 13, 2015 at 4:36 PM

When is McClaren’s press conference? Have I missed it?

• 56 Belfast // Aug 13, 2015 at 4:40 PM

Attack Toon attack attack!

• 57 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 13, 2015 at 4:45 PM

Bobbybee @51
    That’s my point. If you see a player, be it in the first team or reserves, you’re better placed to make an informed judgment than when you haven’t. I’ve seen Arma in a youth cup game and some first team outings, but I haven’t seen anything to impress me yet. It’s good to hear your opinion that you rate him and that you’ve seen him more than I have.

• 58 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 13, 2015 at 4:51 PM

I never rated Campbell either and can’t believe he ever got in the first team. He was on the bench for Notts County at Huddersfield the other night and didn’t get on.

• 59 Mister Tuff // Aug 13, 2015 at 4:53 PM

Blackley “Weโ€™re bored with your antics.”

That’s how we feel when you are up to your shenanigans – at least my efforts seem to have made the penny drop -eventually.
    Now behave yourself!

Excellent support from the colonies – thank you Dok.
    High Five!

• 60 Jib // Aug 13, 2015 at 4:54 PM

This Yorks derby tonight could be a bit of a cracker
    Both Dickov and Rosler seem to be taking it very seriously

• 61 Bobbybee // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:00 PM

B&B. When Arma was 16, I put a bet on him that he will break Charlton’s England record. Whether he will or not remains to be seen, but having watched him so many times, you get a feel for a player. I even travelled down to Derby County to watch a Youth Cup game purely because he was playing. He scored the only goal by the way, another beauty. His reading of the game is phenomenal for one so young. Putting him in the first team, then pumping high long balls towards him, was stupidity of the highest level, when his game is based on clever runs and amazing finishing power. Take his first two goals at Coventry. He points to where he wants it playing, surges in and scores like a veteran. Nobody was more annoyed than me when we played him in the first team, then wasted his talents totally. I just thought it bizarre that anybody could state categorically that Kemen is our best young
    player, without having once ever seen him play.

• 62 Offkey // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:01 PM

Can we just put an end to this stupid debate about where you see the game from. I think everyone will accept that if you see a incident from one angle, that angle may let you make a good judgment whilst another may lead a person to make a bad judgement……e.g refs. This is factual, however, turning that into, I have seen more angles than you makes me a better judge is a farcical as every person has there own agenda and see things differently.

If I told you I was at the game, watched the highlights and looked at all the stats but said dummett was the best player on Sunday, factually I am wrong. Whether I went to the game or not, that does not make that a better opinion…….factually.

• 63 Bobbybee // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:03 PM

B&B. Never saw what the fuss was with Campbell either, but Arma is a completely different prospect imo.

• 64 will die for the toon army // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:05 PM

I thought Ed was persistent. Daily Star, Metro, HITC, What Culture, Chronicle Live, Daily Express,
    Any one left behind. Am tired of this Austin story.

• 65 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:07 PM

Tuff @ 59
    Careful or your support from the colonies will be Expat telling you to give it a rest as he’s done before. Listen to your best mate if you won’t listen to me.

• 66 Bobbybee // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:08 PM

Offkey, not the discussion mate. The discussion is how you make sweeping statements about a player – in this case Kemen – without ever watching him play, not about angles. That would be different if one watched on tv and the other was there. Anyway, work to do. ๐Ÿ™‚

• 67 Jib // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:09 PM

Chris Hughton says he is not aware of any offer for Dunk , but Brighton’s owner is a millionaire professional poker player who more than likely knows Mike Ashley.
    CH will probably be the last to hear anything.

• 68 Offkey // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:11 PM

Bobby, was addressing a point of blackly that he keeps on making, not you mate ๐Ÿ™‚

• 69 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:12 PM

It makes anybody’s judgment better if they are informed. By your reasoning a bloke playing golf and talking to his mates could give great opinions, just as persuasive as someone who went to the match and saw the game. Everyone’s entitled to an opinion but if someone says they never actually saw the match…

• 70 the broons // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:15 PM

online guy

You mention a guy that has been compared with woodgate? if he is anywhere near as good then yes please, what we really need someone who can read the game and organise the whole defence properly. Would help us stop leaking goals so easily thats for sure.

• 71 Offkey // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:16 PM

Whilst it puts you in a better position it does not make you correct………all I’m saying

• 72 dok - the horrid colonial // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:16 PM

Sir tuff,

the colonies wholeheartedly supports you in your efforts, and I will plan to have a pint with you when I get there in march for the derby…

High five back atcha!

• 73 dok - the horrid colonial // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:17 PM

offkey @62,

perfectly said, well done

• 74 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:19 PM

Nobody’s saying it makes you a better judge. I’m saying it putscyou in a better position to judge. That’s why I ask how someone has come to their opinion. Have they been to the game, watched on tv or sat at the bar and heard a bit radio commentary. And it’s not about angles. It depends on the question. I can get a much better view of certain incidents on tv than at the match. It’s not always that match is best. Is it the case that you comment without going to matches and always watch on tv? I don’t get your problem.

• 75 Offkey // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:19 PM

Sounded terse, wasn’t meant to be……on a beach and had some beers ๐Ÿ™‚

• 76 Our Toon // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:19 PM

I’m fortunate enough to travel alot with the work I do, I’ve seen Kemen quite alot, you’ve made an assumption that I’ve boycotted SJP means I haven’t seen any of the youngsters play even though they play away from SJP. I’ve seen Kemen play for the French national team on numerous occasions, as well as seeing him prior to joining the toon. You shouldn’t make assumptions though to suit your opinion

• 77 Offkey // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:20 PM

Don’t think that is being debated is it…….I accept that it puts you in a better position….hence the ref thing.

• 78 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:22 PM

Offkey @ 71
    I made that point the other day when I said “you win nothing with kids”. Who could be better informed than Hanson? It doesn’t make you right because you go to the match.

• 79 Offkey // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:25 PM

No problem here matey ๐Ÿ™‚

• 80 Offkey // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:28 PM

Exactly, that’s why I don’t think it needs debating. Same as the stance of, I go to matches so I am a better supporter…….I may pay 10ร— what you do, all going to the club but may never go…….doesn’t make you better

• 81 Jamseyd24 // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:31 PM

When will everyone realize, there will be no more 1st team signings this summer. We have been through it ever yr for the last 5 yrs or so, desperately waiting for that deadline day arrival. forget it, business is done,

• 82 Offkey // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:33 PM

Wonga are better fans than any of us because they pay sponsorship

• 83 Offkey // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:34 PM

• 84 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:37 PM

We’ll realise on transfer deadline day whether you were right to be so sure. Please come back to me either way.

• 85 Bobbybee // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:38 PM

Offkey, my bad – doh! ๐Ÿ™‚

• 86 Llort muw // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:42 PM

Swansea game will be interesting, they usually outplay us. Lets see how far we have come in terms of a decent football performance. Hopefully, it will be an entertaining match with both teams trying to play the game the way it was meant for.

• 87 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:42 PM

It matters when someone gives a bold opinion on any subject, you want to know what information they’re using. If someone boldly comments on an aspect of a football match and has never been, I’m interested to know that. You may not be. That’s your choice.

As for being a better fan. Those who dpend time and more travelling home and away are better fans than I. I make no spology for yhat. You may not think they are. That’s your choice.

• 88 Mister Tuff // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:43 PM

Blackley – I noted that you are the new best friend of a certain poster – and part of the newly formed Swampy Brothel Tag Team.
    I’ll be watching for the advice they give you, but don’t go overboard with the self congratulatory back slapping as it does appear rather phoney.

• 89 TacoFlavoredKisses ForMyBen-arfa // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:44 PM

Wonga OUT
    ManBearPig IN

• 90 Bobbybee // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:45 PM

Our toon, in which case you must have noticed his first touch is like a wall! ๐Ÿ™‚

• 91 Mister Tuff // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:46 PM

Blackley were you not saying that you had two pints of beer at the same time at the match towards the end of last season.

Perhaps watching the match with r without beer goggles could also be part of the debate.

• 92 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:53 PM

You cant help yourself. Leave me alone. “Brothel tag teams” “phoney” “best friends of a certain poster”. You’re painful. Youre spoiling debate. Talk football man.

• 93 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:56 PM

Tuff @90
    I mentioned the other day it’s no good drinking. I know. I’ve done it. It’s not good being pissed if you want to judge a football match. No secret. It’s exactly my point. Well done.

• 94 ShirebrookToon // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:57 PM

Im going for a draw on Saturday. Please don’t lose ๐Ÿ™‚

• 95 dok - the horrid colonial // Aug 13, 2015 at 5:59 PM

swampy brothel tag team… who ever came up with that was pure genius ๐Ÿ™‚

• 96 Llort muw // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:00 PM

Wow this Mister Tuff character doesn’t seem to know what type of blog this is.

• 97 dok - the horrid colonial // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:00 PM

for some reason, I think we will nick a win…. 2-1, late goal for the toon

• 98 ShirebrookToon // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:01 PM

Glad Anita is going to be available for Saturday’s game

• 99 Bobbybee // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:02 PM

Shirebrook, 2-2 sounds about right again. We will concede i reckon, but fancy us to score as well.

• 100 ShirebrookToon // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:04 PM

I would have gone for a win but I’m nervous about us defending ๐Ÿ™

• 101 Our Toon // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:05 PM

He’s a young kid just like Arma, they both have alot of time to work on certain aspects of the game. The point I was making which you’ve completely disregarded is that Arma has shown nothing in any of his senior outings. Yes they have been cameo roles amd I may he wrong but hasn’t he started in cup games? From what I’ve seen I haven’t been impressed.

I hope Arma grows a bit more and fills out more which hopefully he should with age then I hope he goes onto to greatness, as of yet I just don’t see it

• 102 Jib // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:07 PM

I’m with Dok on this
    Reason being
    If the difference from this weeks training is as as dramatic as the week between Borrussia and Southampton we will give Swansea a fright.
    I see Garry Monk is giving us a lot of respect in the media.

• 103 ShirebrookToon // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:07 PM

I think colo and mbemba are the first choice partnership at the back with saylor as 3rd choice. Think lascelles isn’t ready yet and will more than likely be used in the early cup rounds against lower league opposition

• 104 ShirebrookToon // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:09 PM

Hope mitrovic puts one in the back of the net and not a Swansea player in row Z lol

• 105 ShirebrookToon // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:10 PM

I’m going for a draw but if we do win I’ll be ecstatic and will be the perfect start to my week off work ๐Ÿ™‚

• 106 dok - the horrid colonial // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:12 PM

well put

• 107 Jamseyd24 // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:14 PM

I would love signings the same as everyone else, im just a realist. Anyway I will speak to you on the 1st Sept around this time.

• 108 Jib // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:16 PM

Sheesh I’m getting Charlie Austin articles withdrawal symptoms.
    C’mon Ed

• 109 dok - the horrid colonial // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:19 PM

plus a toon win equals a welshie crying fit lol…

• 110 Bobbybee // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:20 PM

Our toon, yes, he played in a cup game and had two assists as it goes. And as I’ve repeatedly said, if you play a four foot ten striker on his own up front and then continually launch high balls at him and his seven foot marker, don’t be surprised if it doesn’t work! ๐Ÿ™‚ That doesn’t take away for one second from the fact that when you play to his strengths, his goal ratio is phenomenal. Nearly a goal a game for England U17’s and U18’s and not far short for our Academy and U21’s. Coventry played to those strengths and I presume you’ve seen the results? Both finishes were that from a natural goalscorer. You can’t teach that, as you know, it’s just natural. Watch some of his videos mate, he’s the real deal.

• 111 reilly // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:21 PM

i fancy a draw for this one,swansea play good football and are settled,us are just starting out with a new coach,but i can still see us getting something from the game.

• 112 Marty-Toon // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:22 PM

To get a draw against the swans is no easy feat,we are gonna have to be super patient as they’ll just play us off the park,hopefully with the defence getting another weeks training together it’ll help keep it tight.
    Hopefully Anita is all clear otherwise we will probably have Tiote and ginger in the middle and they both like to play the ball backwards and sideways.
    Would like to see Ayoze get some time and Mitrovic also.
    Gini will score again I’d say but not sure we can win it.

• 113 Tsunki // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:25 PM

Blackley @86 – As for being a better fan. Those who dpend time and more travelling home and away are better fans than I. I make no spology for yhat. You may not think they are. Thatโ€™s your choice.

I don’t think they are. I think by means of a high disposable income, putting their enjoyment and entertainment before family commitments or even sound economics, they may be more dedicated, and of course better customers of nufc limited. But they aren’t better. Just like I’m not a better human being than you and vice versa.

• 114 Llort muw // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:31 PM

Damn, people somehow have the right to play the ‘I’m a better fan then you’ card. So childish, people can do more then someone else in terms of supporting the club financially but everyone’s love for the club is the same.

• 115 Belfast // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:36 PM

Is this a Skunki life coaching session?

Think I’ll come back later…

• 116 will die for the toon army // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:39 PM

Mccalren hasnt spoken. No Press Conference.

• 117 Blaydon-Toon // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:42 PM

Swansea are a decent side but I feel we could get 3 points if we set up to play counter attacking game and hit them on the break by inviting them on … Would take a draw which I voted for

• 118 toon kk // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:43 PM

It will all depend whether we turn up or not, we are so unpredictable, if we do it should be a decent game and we could scrape a draw. If not we’ll be passed off the pitch by a far quicker team.

• 119 sing in the corner // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:44 PM

I am looking forward to seeing how our fledgling attempts to change philosophy (heard SM spraffing on about keeping the ball better / controlling the game) stands up to Swansea at their place. They keep the ball very well and have been focusing on that in recent years. Big test for Colback and Anita if we try to play the same shape

• 120 JackButler // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:49 PM

Fancy us for the draw and that will be a decent result as Swansea are no mugs

• 121 Jib // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:50 PM

will die for the toon army
    They’re travelling today
    Probs tomorrow from team hotel

• 122 welshgeordie9 // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:53 PM

Why would i have a crying fit.

• 123 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:56 PM

You say “but they aren’t better”. What terms are you using when you say “better”? You don’t say.

I’m measuring it in terms of their dedication to the club and their actual and real support for the team in the real world. There’s a difference between following a team in the real world and following a team through the world of tv (or other media) entertainment. It’s like comparing apples and oranges.

Some people engage the world by reading books and watching Eastenders and never go out the house. The world is meaningful to them but the rest of the world doesn’t know they exist. I love wildlife programmes but you wouldn’t catch me near most of the stuff I see on TV. Swimming with sharks or exploring the poles. No way. I leave that to someone else and I live in the virtual world of wildlife. I’m a completely different animal to someone like Bear Grylls or David Attenborough. It makes me a wildlife armchair fan and I don’t claim to be anything I’m not. I’m not dedicated to wildlife in the real world ike they are, just in the tv world.

If you dedicate your time and money going to football matches home and away, you’re a better fan than I am, as I rarely go to away games. It’s that simple in my book. I understand you disagree but that’s how I view it.

• 124 dok - the horrid colonial // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:56 PM

was joking with you, as what you say are your two fav clubs fighting it out… ๐Ÿ™‚

• 125 Jib // Aug 13, 2015 at 6:57 PM

What’s the weather like in Swansea and does the Brit have a roof ?

• 126 Ian Toon // Aug 13, 2015 at 7:01 PM

Blackley – You don’t need the better fan than you programme. Your better than that it just encourages rants and tedium from one of the usual suspects. He pulls you down to his childish level.
    The blog has long since bothered to care whether his attempt at dirty tricks have any validity or not; it has been repeated ad nauseum to the point at which it’s unfathomable that somebody can think they’re not repeating something that’s been said countless times. Old people often do that but you don’t have to be party to it.
    Ed has worked hard to clean up the blog and various bloggers are being monitored – in my opinion you would be better off by not getting involved. Drop the better than you line as well.

• 127 JackButler // Aug 13, 2015 at 7:05 PM

How does being in the position to afford the financial outlay to attend games make you a better fan?

thats some twisted logic imo

• 128 welshgeordie9 // Aug 13, 2015 at 7:14 PM

Weather here is crap to be honest mate.

• 129 welshgeordie9 // Aug 13, 2015 at 7:15 PM

Anyone on here going to the liberty.

• 130 Mister Tuff // Aug 13, 2015 at 7:19 PM

Ian Toon – childish level – you mean like you accusing me of having sex with the neighbours cat -is that what you mean.

• 131 jazzyp // Aug 13, 2015 at 7:19 PM

Anyone know what time the cup draw is tonight ??

• 132 reilly // Aug 13, 2015 at 7:19 PM

i was a season ticket holder for nearly 20 year,but got a job that takes me away from home,guess i shouldnt of took the job so i can be a super fan like blackley.

• 133 Ian Toon // Aug 13, 2015 at 7:20 PM

Blackley- You need to distinguish between a fan and a supporter. I remain a fan but work/ life circumstances dictate that I cannot now support at the vast majority of matches. Likewise my brother has a young family and cannot attend too many games at present. We both remain fans.

• 134 Belfast // Aug 13, 2015 at 7:22 PM

After the Leeds Doncaster game Jazzyp. Probably around 10 o’clock

• 135 jazzyp // Aug 13, 2015 at 7:25 PM

Cheers buddy

• 136 jazzyp // Aug 13, 2015 at 7:28 PM

Get French Football ?@GFN_France ยท
    Clinton N’Jie is currently en route to London for contract talks with Tottenham Hotspur after a fee was agreed with Lyon.
    So that means we are cleared for Austin eh…..hehehe couldn’t help it !

• 137 ShirebrookToon // Aug 13, 2015 at 7:34 PM

Cue the next Austin thread lol ๐Ÿ™‚

• 138 jazzyp // Aug 13, 2015 at 7:38 PM

We long over due mate

• 139 Ian Toon // Aug 13, 2015 at 7:39 PM

Mr Tuff- When you point the finger remember there are three fingers pointing back at you. Get a hold of your emotions you drama queen- I’ve seen more spine in a chicken mcnugget!

• 140 ShirebrookToon // Aug 13, 2015 at 7:40 PM

We sure are mate lol

• 141 Mister Tuff // Aug 13, 2015 at 7:41 PM

Hisss, hissssssssss, sssssss, sssssss.
    From the thick grass at the foot of the bush there came a low hiss – a horrid cold sound that makes you jump back two clear feet. Then inch by inch out of the grass rose up the head and spread hood of , the big black cobra, and he was five feet long from tongue to tail. When he had lifted one-third of himself clear of the ground, he stayed balancing to and fro exactly as a dandelion-tuft balances in the wind, and he looked with the wicked snake’s eyes that never change their expression, whatever the snake may be thinking of. Hiss, hiss.
    Ian Toon has arrived on the blog. Hiss, hiss.
    (Adapted from Rikki- Tikki- Tavi by Rudyard Kipling).

• 142 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 13, 2015 at 7:44 PM

Believe me. I’m doing my best not to get involved and urging Tuff at every turn to drop the ridulous comments (not just those aimed at me) for the sake of the blog.

Dok hurls insults at me all of the time. I never respond because he can’t manage anything more than insults. There is no need to respond to him because he shows himself up without my help.

As you know, Tuff’s different because he tries to be smart. He comes on for a ruck with people he doesn’t like. He spends 80% of his time playing the man not the ball and 20% throwing in some token football comment to disguise the fact.

I sincerely believe what I’m saying about football fans or supporters or whatever you want to call them. Just as I believe I’m an armchair wildlife fan. I can still have valid opinions on wildlife and consider myself a dedicated fan of wildlife even though I get it all ftom my TV. Why shouldn’t I voice my opinion that there are better more dedicated fans than me or there is an issue of local pride that brings a different perspective, leading to a diffetent view? I don’t come on with the intention of bringing these things up. It comes up usually as a result of someone going way back to have a dig.

Anyway. I don’t want to be banned for responding to tedious childish comments. So I’m off for a while.

• 143 Jib // Aug 13, 2015 at 7:44 PM

Mister Tuff // Aug 13, 2015 at 7:19 PM
    “accusing me of having sex with the neighbours cat”
    I just assumed it was true – you never denied it Tuffty – It didn’t effect my opinion of you one jot

• 144 Ian Toon // Aug 13, 2015 at 7:44 PM

I did Kipling at A level but it’s wasted on you.

• 145 Ian Toon // Aug 13, 2015 at 7:50 PM

Black let- I don’t know whether you have form or not and I really don’t care. What I do know is that the Chuckle brothers (defined term – as in usual suspects) are working hard to get you banned. If like me you enjoy winding down at times on here and engaging with decent fans of our club and not the lunatic fringe you would be better off not getting involved in the nonsense and dark arts- LOL.

• 146 JackButler // Aug 13, 2015 at 7:52 PM

If some people didnt spend their time looking down their noses at everyone else perhaps there wouldn’t be so much mud slinging going on.

But as we’ve seen before, sooner or later all the trolls, liars and BS merchants fall from their pedestals and are bruised for a very long time

• 147 Ian Toon // Aug 13, 2015 at 7:54 PM

Jib- Football fans? Pot,Kettle and Black.

• 148 Ian Toon // Aug 13, 2015 at 7:56 PM

Ooooo, did he not like that!

• 149 Jail for Ashley // Aug 13, 2015 at 7:57 PM

I quite enjoy my banter with you, I have not in any way shape or form had anything to do with your banishment in the past, present or future !

• 150 Mister Tuff // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:01 PM

Ian Toon – an interesting statement -the Chuckle brothers are working hard to get you banned.
    Could you please explain this further – come on – we don’t want to think that you’ve just made this up.
    Come on now – working hard to get Blackley banned – you’ve stated this so please give an explanation.

• 151 dok - the horrid colonial // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:05 PM

if you recall, you began it with me, the whole,” youre not from here, so you don’t know what it means to support NUFC”… also said I wasn’t a true supporter, and I probably never went to any soccer match ever…

when I explained what I am fortunate enough to go to, your response was that MLS isn’t real football anyway..

when you get off your pompous ass, and realize others around the world can be just as passionate about Newcastle United, even if not born a Geordie, then I will stop with the incessant jabs… and maybe an apology is in order, though I shant hold my horrid colonial breath for it…

• 152 Ian Toon // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:05 PM

You’re going to have to elaborate because it makes perfect sense to me.
    Knowledge is power and maybe your simply not in the loop.
    You might think you give the impression of being a decent man but you don’t fool me.
    I have got to go and see a man about a dog.

• 153 check the toastie // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:07 PM

Blogs pathetic..

• 154 Jail for Ashley // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:07 PM

Ian Toon is probably, in fact most definitely the biggest creep that this blog has ever had posting.

• 155 JackButler // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:08 PM

check the toastie

Great contribution there ๐Ÿ™‚

• 156 dok - the horrid colonial // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:10 PM

sir tuff,

I don’t want anyone banned unless its for racial or physical threats made… .I just think blacklie needs to stop with the whole nonsense abuout who is a true fan and who isn’t…

• 157 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:10 PM

Thank you for that. I enjoy the craic. And I never at any time thought you had or would.

• 158 Mister Tuff // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:13 PM

Ian Toon – yes as expected – you cannot substantiate your claims – so decide to slope off without an explanation of your lies.Pathetic – but at least you have shown the blog your sinister and trickster style.
    Hiss, hiss.

• 159 Ron Knee // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:17 PM

• 160 JackButler // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:21 PM

Willo being offered as part of Dunk deal and Sam Byram is being offered a new deal

• 161 Mister Tuff // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:24 PM

Blackley – I would also like to place on record that I have had no part whatsoever in getting you banned, if indeed you were banned.

• 162 lesh // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:29 PM

Looking at recent posts and associated arguing, it appears that, to loosely paraphrase Donald Trump, it must be that ‘tome of the month’ for those arguing!

Lighten up guys, life’s too short.

• 163 toonbrother // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:32 PM

With colocinni in the mix, defeat is a strong possibiity, lack of a clean sheet is a certainty

• 164 OneAlanShearer // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:33 PM

Nothing has changed. We will not buy another first team player. Outgoings only. Just hot air from the Ashley publicity machine I imagine. They always build so far to the point of safety in their minds then stop. We have the basis for a good side but the scum bags will not build on it to support a sustainable capaign…budget football every season. Ashley must think he can slap an up 70% off sticker on the club’s lack of ambitions and expect everyone to be taken in. Not a chance. He has until this window shuts to deliver an acceptable squad or I for one will know zero, nada, nothing has changed.

• 165 jazzyp // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:35 PM

Lee Ryder ?@lee_ryder ยท 41 mins41 minutes ago
    Gabriel Obertan wants to stay at Newcastle United after positive talks with Steve McClaren #NUFC

Sorry for talking about footy guys haha !!

• 166 toonbrother // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:35 PM

The shameless about face Ed has done on Mclaren is pathetic
    This time last year he was undermining Stevie Mac’s candidacy at every turn and hyping up the rubbish coach Remi Garde instead.
    Now Mclaren is coach (as toonbrother predicted) he is acting like he has always been a mclaren supporter
    I only read this blog for the comments
    The actual articles including the polls have no credibilitywhatsoever

• 167 WWSBRD // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:36 PM

Should be looking at 3 points against Swansea but reckon it’ll be a draw and probably a rather boring affair of it

• 168 JackButler // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:38 PM

to see you use the word credibility has made my night, chuckling like hell writting this ๐Ÿ™‚

• 169 Rotonda heights // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:40 PM

i think it could be an excellent game with 2 teams looking to play football

• 170 beermonkey // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:40 PM

that’s not good news

• 171 WWSBRD // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:41 PM

….u read the blog for the comments but u only ever slag Colo off completely off ur own back…ur an odd ball aren’t ya

• 172 jazzyp // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:42 PM

Fabricio Coloccini

A message from the captain

Dear Mark,

It has been a few months since I last wrote to you and a lot has changed at the club.

We were near to the end of the season and it was a difficult moment for us. In my letter, I asked you to continue your fantastic support for the team. I thought it was very important for the squad at that time.

Against West Ham in May, you went to the stadium very positively. It was amazing to feel the atmosphere inside the stadium. It was a big help for us and we wanted to thank you on the pitch.

It is important to know that you cannot change everything in one season. I think in years you can change things, but this season looks very different.

With a new head coach, new staff, new players, young players with ambition and new ideas, we are looking forward. It is good for the atmosphere in the changing room and we are excited to know what will happen this season.

The head coach was a big part of me staying here. He wanted me here to be part of the squad. The club wanted me to be a part of the โ€˜newโ€™ Newcastle United that they are building. I am proud of that because Iโ€™m very happy here.

There has been a lot of speculation about my future in the summer but from the first time I met the club to talk, I said to them my first choice was here at Newcastle United. Itโ€™s true there were a few offers to the club. I donโ€™t speak too much with the press so maybe it confuses things and people can say things about my future.

But my future is here. I have been here seven years and I feel a part of this club and a part of this city.

I know there was speculation about the captaincy also. The head coach has made the choice for me to wear the armband again and itโ€™s fantastic news for me. If he said he thinks someone else is better, thatโ€™s no problem. We have to think of the team. It is part of football.

But captaining the team is a very important responsibility and is very special for me. I came here to another country and didnโ€™t know the language. Everything was new. But everyone here โ€“ and you, the fans โ€“ made me feel part of the family here and I am proud to be a part of it still.

After the summer, it has been positive for me to be back on the pitch and to help the team. I felt my Achilles in pre-season and could not play games. Now, itโ€™s ok so I trained for a week and played the game and I feel fit.

Against Southampton, we did many things well as a team. We worked together against a good team and I think it was a good day for us. We want to keep going and to learn the things we need to develop and improve.

Now we go to Swansea looking to win. Swansea playing well is not something new. They have done that for a few seasons. It will be tough for us there but we have a lot of things in our head that we want to do this season and to achieve them, we have to get points away. We have to fight for that.

Every season, there are new expectations and new dreams. We know we start from zero and I hope for you, for the players and for the staff โ€“ for the whole club โ€“ that we can have a good season and can make you proud of our team.

Thank you for your support.

Fabricio Coloccini

Old Colo writing to us now

• 173 Our Toon // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:44 PM

Janmaat will have his hands full with Montero at the weekend, whoever wins that battle will ensure a positive result for there team. Think Janmaat will lose the battle

• 174 jazzyp // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:44 PM

Evening mate…..Have you had the floods down your neck of the woods ??

• 175 dok - the horrid colonial // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:45 PM

if only that letter from colo was addressed to toonbrother ๐Ÿ™‚

• 176 WWSBRD // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:45 PM

Time will tell bud but I expect to see a load of sideways and backwards passing and not much else

• 177 JackButler // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:47 PM

I thought the Southampton game would be a stale affair, but that turned out to be a very decent game and I hope this Swansea game will entertain as well and it should do if both side go out to play the ball around – Still think a draw will be a good result though ๐Ÿ™‚

• 178 JackButler // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:48 PM

Does anyone know if these Friday night games are going to be a regular thing? or is this Fridays game a one off?

• 179 WWSBRD // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:53 PM

Really? Southampton have more about them for me more entertaining to watch imo so I expected a good game. Draw will be a ok but if we are wanting to be fighting with the best of the rest teams like Swansea we should be beating

• 180 scout // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:56 PM

Evening Jack, i believe its gonna be a regular thing. I think I recall Friday night games early Prem years.

• 181 JackButler // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:57 PM

I thought with it being the first game it wouldn’t add up to much. Swansea are a very strong side these days and with us being in the early stages of SM reign it could be a tough game but because of SM i think we can and will take a point but thats a big step forward in my eyes as if AP were still here I’d have us down to be turned over

• 182 Our Toon // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:57 PM

Think it’s the only Friday game for this season but apparently it’s going to become a regular theme as of the 2016/17 season.

• 183 JackButler // Aug 13, 2015 at 8:59 PM

Evening mate, hope it is a regular thing as it means I can slope off to watch a game rather than having to endure the wife’s appalling choice of programs ๐Ÿ™‚

• 184 JackButler // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:00 PM

Our Toon

• 185 Jib // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:00 PM

Jack Butler
    You asked the same Q this morning

• 186 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:01 PM

Ah, you’ve been holding a grudge and that’s why you’ve been throwing insults month after month, turning on me for the sake of it. It’s not the way to deal with an issue IMO.

As to “you’re not from here and so you don’t know what it is to support NUFC”, I don’t believe that is exactly how I put it. It is “you’re not from here and so you don’t know all about what supporting NUFC means to the locals”. I am not going to apologise for saying that. I don’t want to offend you or anyone, but I’m not going to change my view.

If you’re not from here, how will you ever understand what I mean unless you can draw some analogy with a similar experience? To a Geordie, the club represents your identity. You may not get this concept, I don’t know. For the most part, it’s not important. But it comes into play when fans are prepared to turn their back on the club in the bad times.

The best fans IMO are those who stick with the club up and down the divisions through thick and thin, home and away and who won’t boycott to make a political point to an owner they may hate.

That’s not to say that non locals can’t have an affinity for, love for and pride in the area. There may be exceptions but they will generally be people who have lived here for years.

Pride in your local area is a major aspect that influences how I and many other fans feel about NUFC. When I learn that the main proponents of boycotts are those that have rarely been, or have never been, to SJP, I tell them why I disagree with them. It comes from my pride in supporting my home town club, whether it’s good, bad or indifferent, in the top division and doing well or in the bottom and doing badly.

Some fans wanted us relegated on the last day of the season just to spite Ashley and in the hope he leaves. I don’t hear any hard core, home and away, fans thinking like this. To me it’s incredible. Not least because of the local pride aspect. Of course, not all locals feel the same as me about the local pride aspect and there’s nothing wrong with that. But I’d say most do.

I have to make the point because it is relevant to the boycott/relegation issue and why many chose to continue to support the team. Is there anyone now who still wishes we were relegated?

Please bring up one of my posts if you wish and let me defend it. You may disagree with me but throwing abuse at me time after time is not the way to show my argument up. (It is not in any event an argument, more of a point to explain an opinion.)

Besides, the same point applies to me. I might be a Huddersfield fan too, one day soon, for example. Will I ever truly be a Huddersfield fan like the locals and will the club mean the same to me as it does to a Yorkshireman? No.

Another way of looking at it is that blood is thicker than water. Although I might adopt a child and love it very much, I don’t think I would love it or stand by it to the extent I would my own child. The area’s in my blood. Yorkshire isn’t in my blood so the local pride aspect of it wouldn’t come into my feelings regarding the wellbeing of the club.

• 187 JackButler // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:02 PM

No I didn’t as I wasn’t on this moring mate

• 188 Jib // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:02 PM

This Yorks derby is turning a bit feisty

• 189 beermonkey // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:03 PM

yeah floods were bad I was driving in brighton and it was unreal what I was seeing it was like something from a movie with man hole covers lifted and water shooting up out the road

• 190 WWSBRD // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:05 PM

Aye true I am probably expecting too much considering our lack of a real pre season…fine uve convinced me a draw will be a good result

• 191 jazzyp // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:05 PM

Off topic anyone seen footage of the explosion in china

• 192 JackButler // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:06 PM

Think I’m trying to convince myself mate ๐Ÿ™‚

• 193 WWSBRD // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:06 PM

Jesus wept there’s some lengthy posts on tonight isn’t there!

• 194 WWSBRD // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:09 PM

Haha nar u are right Swansea have made themselves hard to beat but everyone has been hard to beat for nufc for awhile so who knows

• 195 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:09 PM

If I’ve shown myself up in my last post, I’ve done all the work for you. You don’t need to insult me again. You must know insulting people with abuse is counter productive.

• 196 reilly // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:13 PM

Another way of looking at it is that blood is thicker than water. Although I might adopt a child and love it very much, I donโ€™t think I would love it or stand by it to the extent I would my own child.

wow thats wrong on so many levels,you want to be ashamed of youself for posting that.disgusting.

• 197 Jib // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:14 PM

Jack Butler
    I do beg your pardon old chap.

• 198 JackButler // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:15 PM

No worries

• 199 Jib // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:18 PM

Jack Butler esq

• 200 Jib // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:19 PM

Sam Byram coming on now

• 201 JackButler // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:20 PM

Sometimes you read something on here and are left wondering is that person writting that to simply get a reaction? Or do they actually believe what they’ve just wrote?

Either way some of the things that come up on here are somehow able to manager to be moronic, offensive and downright pathetic

• 202 JackButler // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:22 PM

• 203 overtheline // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:23 PM

I don’t know what you’re on Bla&Br but you have a track record on this blog of picking repeated fights and disputes with a number of other bloggers which, a month or so ago, deteriorated into an needless and tedious series of aggressive, sarcastic and provocative posts including ‘the superior fans come from Newcastle’ line. Lucky for me I was born a Geordie I suppose. If you are gong to act the WUM again then I hope Ed bans you for all time and not just on some probationary basis. This blog has been infected by a series of WUMs and trolls over the years, of which your last incarnation was certainly one. Your reincarnation as a sensible commenter appears to be being abandoned bit by bit.

Please keep your posts sensible and avoid confrontation, however hard that comes to you. It is too easy for one person to ruin this blog as a reasonable expression of Toon opinion. I’m not the only blogger who avoids this place like the plague when it is infested with trolls.

• 204 dok - the horrid colonial // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:23 PM

well thank you for the response blacklie,

I wont bother the blog any more and take my leave of it…

I will however, still support NUFC, in the best way I can, and will still enjoy going over in march…

take care all..

• 205 will die for the toon army // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:24 PM

Carling Cup draw or its on Saturday.

• 206 JackButler // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:27 PM

dok – the horrid colonial

don’t allow anyone to force you off here, simply ignore them mate, you walk away and they’ve achieved their goal

• 207 Jail for Ashley // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:29 PM

ha ha Blackas is a tw@t but I like him and his rantings!

• 208 Jail for Ashley // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:30 PM

as a disclaimer, only sometimes !

• 209 PennStateToon // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:31 PM

Draw is tonight once the leeds match finishes up

• 210 WWSBRD // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:31 PM

Why u leaving?

• 211 Mister Tuff // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:32 PM

dok – you’re a Toon supporter/fan and have an equal right as anyone else has to submit their thoughts on the blog. Keep posting.

• 212 Moonraker15 // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:36 PM

Sorry mate you’re wrong about nothing changing at our club, whether we sign any more this window or not. If you can’t see the obvious changes then you need to just think what it was like a few months ago what with Pardew taking us absolutely nowhere followed by the train crash called Carver!

Ashley has admittedly been forced to do something through the bad publicity in the press and what is good for us is Pardew just can’t keep his mouth shut, as we know and he’s slagging off Ashley which is bound to ensure Ashley proves him wrong. The only way he can do this is by spending some money.

Incidentally and slightly off topic, it will be interesting how long Pardew holds onto his job if he loses 4 or 5 on the trot which as we know is his party piece. For sure Palace chairman won’t give him as much time as Ashley did. My bet is he’ll be in the bottom 6 and struggling by Christmas.

• 213 scout // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:42 PM

Exactly mate, if the house caught fire during eastenders im convinced my good lady wouldn’t notice.

• 214 Toon from South Africa // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:46 PM

Hi Guys..ive been following this blog since its first year and finally decided to start commenting..I think we will win this weekend..we now have alot of pace in our team plus additional quality in the final third compared to last will take atleast 10 games for this side to gel and apply steves brand of football effectively..

• 215 Tsunki // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:49 PM

Blackley – yes we will have to disagree, because your elitist view of the ‘better fan’ owes more to the romantic notion of the hardworking man whose sole glimmer of respite from his labours is to follow his home town team around the bleachers of the country on sixpenny tickets and ten bob coach whip rounds. The ‘real world’ is actually a stratified customer base consisting in some quarters the wealthy and lonely/self satisfying supporter who pays hundreds of pounds per week or more to go to every game, enjoying the camaraderie and drinking sessions of like minded individuals, then the season ticket holder who just manages to afford the time and money to catch home games, away ones being out of the question in consideration of his ‘real world’ responsibilities ( my category until finances dictated otherwise) ; and all the way to the overseas fan who loves this club for no other reason that it is there, buys the shirts, pays the sports tv subscription, and dreams of one day seeing his team in the flesh. Every one is a ‘real fan’ and bring in a better position by birth or accident or sheer economics does not make anyone a better fan than another. The reality the supported needs the supporter, in whatever fashion it is supplied, to the best of their ability. Your nauseating notion of rank and superiority among fans is not only shoddy but divisive, which of course is anathema to the idea of a ‘United’ fan base.

• 216 JackButler // Aug 13, 2015 at 9:50 PM

Not that I want to see you suffer the same burden as me mate but knowing I’m not the only one who’s relationship goes through “Soap opera addiction syndrome” is comforting ๐Ÿ™‚

• 217 scout // Aug 13, 2015 at 10:11 PM

Haha I shall seek solstice through Friday night football.

• 218 lesh // Aug 14, 2015 at 12:31 AM

Correction to 162:

* โ€˜tome of the monthโ€™ = time of the month!

previous post: McClaren’s Staff Already Having Big Impact In This Area