Janmaat – It Was Stupid Of Me – I Apologize To Everybody

Daryl Janmaat has come in for some criticism today,  after he couldn’t handle Swansea winger Montero, and he picked up two yellow cards in the first 41 minutes and was sent off.

Newcastle finished the game losing 2-0,  and we were 1-0 down when Janmaat was sent off,  but we were coming back into the game and starting to play some decent football.

But the game was over at half time.

daryl janmaat sent off

Daryl Janmaat after being sent off walks past McClaren

At least Daryl has fessed up that he was more than a little stupid – and he had this to say on the Newcastle web-site immediately after the game:

“It was stupid of me and I have to apologize to my teammates, the supporters and everybody, because trying to win a game with ten men is very difficult.”

“The first yellow card was clear. The second one, I lost the ball, Montero ran past me and in a split-second I touched him. I pulled him back and that was stupid.”

“With 11 men at Swansea it is already hard but with ten men it makes it almost impossible. We didn’t give up though, and the rest of the team gave it everything, but it was a disappointing game.”

“We started poor and they got an easy goal. We then came into the game a little bit our performance was not like last week and we have to improve.”

“We will learn from this game – you always can learn from defeats – and hopefully we will go and get a result at Manchester United.”

“I hope I can go there to help and support the team next weekend.” “And before the game, all week, I will give advice to anyone who needs it. I will help in any way I can, and I hope we can get a result.”/em>

Newcastle did put in a good shift in the second half to keep the score down,  but Daryl will now miss the next tough game – at Manchester United next Saturday – in the early kick off game.

And Moussa Sissoko picked up what looked like a groin injury just before half time to compound our difficulties, so it’s probably doubtful he will be fit for the Old Trafford game.

We basically shot ourselves in the foot today.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player At Swansea?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Tsunki

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:24 PM

Ashley Out!

• GeordieTwo

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:25 PM

Fong Janmaat!!!
    Fong Mito!!!!

• GeordieTwo

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:25 PM

Great Tsukini in!!!!

• Tsunki

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:26 PM

Well we all saw the signs last season he does have a tendency to do some niggly daft things especially when there’s nee point. Maybe this’ll learn him 🙂

• GeordieTwo

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:27 PM

We will fong them on the benches!!!
    We will fong them in the corridors!!!
    We will never surrender!!! Never!!!

• Tsunki

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:27 PM

Parrot been ok since I shoved it behind the dash G2

• WWSBRD

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:27 PM

To all those complaining about people wanting him as captain, this kind of stuff would be my argument for him getting it

• GeordieTwo

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:28 PM

And please people don’t bring up the middle 90 minutes of that match ever again!!!

• GeordieTwo

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:29 PM

Never trust the Great Tsukini with you pet parrot people. He’s a parrot pervert. Just ask his budgies…..

• Take a Chancel on me

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:29 PM

Austin scores for QPR

• Small World

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:30 PM

Teams can fall into the right formation, by either design or accident and there is still the opportunity for that to happen to us.

Buy a new beast of a centre half and move Collo to Defensive Midfield. I reckon he could do a job there and would be an improvement on the likes of Tiote, as he can pass the ball well. Hopefully that is the managers plan and thinking behind the 2 year deal

I suspect to do that we need to ship out Willo first.

• firebug666

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:31 PM

from previous:

Take a Chancel on me

That’s a big “if” mate, based on today we will not be in or around the top half of this years table, we are also away to Man U I think, this will be the game to kick start their season.

I thought Norwich would be the brow beaten boys this season, but maybe I was wrong, I think I allowed optimism to rule my head and feel I should have known better.

• Noel Worst

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:31 PM

And so it begins, the litany of hollow apologies begins with dunderhead Janmaat.

• GeordieTwo

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:31 PM

Ibiza tells horror stories about the Great Tsukini and his parrot plots….

• Toon-Prodigy

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:32 PM

Well after that im not confident at all going to old trafford.

In comes in our make shift right back in Anita, Haidara isn’t prem quality either this really needs to be looled at. Sissoko is knackered as is De jong. Does out ever change?

More players in this week please.

• WWSBRD

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:32 PM

Chancel
    Was it a pen or put on a plate by Zamora?

• Thump

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:32 PM

“Stupid”

That’s one word for it, Daryl.

• will die for the toon army

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:33 PM

Big up Blackie for that. He wld have thanked the players who stayed on the pitch.

• Nufc-83

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:34 PM

Yorky mag silly comment about Armstrong. Young kid doing that in league1 is impressive and I’m sure he will develop into a perm player.

• Nufc-83

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:35 PM

We need a cb, lb, strong cm who can pass, a flying winger and another St. That will get us around 8th

• hibbit

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:36 PM

not sure were you lot are picking a man of the match from ive had more fun watching paint dry then watching that lot today……… you guys are mad if you think one of that lot should be named mom they should hang there heads in shame

• geordiesteve520

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:36 PM

Janmaat will not be the last terrorised by Montero this season – he was the best player on the pitch by a mile at Chelsea last week and continued that today. Silly decisions by a so called seasoned pro but still, come on lads…

• West Lancs Geordie

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:37 PM

We didn’t sell Colo to Pards because we had nobody better. Anyway he’d probably be brilliant if he went to Palace.Bit like Players we “just” miss out on like Ayew & Gomis come to haunt us later. I think today for Gini will just turn out to be just a bad day at the office. Hope Mitro does prove to be a loose cannon. He’s obviously chomping at the bit to make an impact but Steve Mc has to ensure that it’s not the wrong sort of impact. He also needs to put Janmaat right as this is not the first time he has had to apologise for getting sent off. Nothing for us against Man U I’m afraid without Janmaat & Sissoko . I’d try playing three CBs & two wing backs (Anita & Haidara. Play both Tiote & Colbaek in front of the defence.With Aarons & Perez wide . Unleash the Serb upfront & leave Cisse to come on. United’s defence like most Prem sides isn’t the best but we need to plug the holes at the back. Give Steve Mc the afternoon off to search for two quality defenders before the window shuts

• Ashton

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:38 PM

We played well. This isn’t the end of the world you idiots.

Mitrovic did very well and was involved way more than Cisse. As a lone striker he is miles ahead of Cisse and should definitely start against man united.

Mbemba should start at CB. He should be given a chance to settle at his favorite position instead of driving him crazy like Mbiwa.

• Ron Knee

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:39 PM

T-P
    If today’s performance doesn’t give Charmless a kick up the backside, nothing will.

• will die for the toon army

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:40 PM

Give the man his 10 games. We are on a learning curve. Guy doesnt know his players. He said he doesnt know his first team yet.

• West Lancs Geordie

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:40 PM

Why every time we lose are we asked – Who was NUFC player of the Match? We got well beat & so give them all a letter to take home stating “Please Try Harder!”

• Noel Worst

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:40 PM

Papiss Cisse has 26 touches in 54 minutes today.
    Aleksandar Mitrovic had 32 touches in 13 mins!
    More proof if it was needed that Cisse is a lazy shite!

Mitrovic will pose more of a threat, Mitrovic will help build attacks, Mitrovic will show desire and heart.

• WWSBRD

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:40 PM

Austin unlucky not to have 2

• Jib

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:41 PM

Ed is right in one respect
    Between Swanseas first goal and the sending off we were looking half decent.

I see Jail for Ashley still doesn’t “get” irony .

Austin coming off at QPR looks like he’s waving goodbye.

• 9

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:42 PM

Two matches, two poor results. Two goals let in on both occasions. I wonder where we need to strengthen/?Any ideas, guys?

• gonufc (Newcastle United Sports Direct Advertising Club)

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:42 PM

Is it true Mitrovic spat at someone?

If so he’s a f***king idiot.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:42 PM

It’s probably too early to say but its already looking like we’re too good to go down but staying up will be an achievement, putting the moron Carver in charge was a great plan that pulled off as anything better is now deemed as progress.

• Toon-Prodigy

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Ron,

Really need some height in the box, we are being destroyed in there like.

• West Lancs Geordie

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:44 PM

NUFC 83 – here’s hoping but I think the message now from MA will be sell some to get me some cash back. I gave you the money to spend wisely & whilst you did your best I’m afraid you failed to strengthen a very frail defence

• Noel Worst

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:44 PM

Armstron with a 40-yard chip over the ‘keeper today.

• West Lancs Geordie

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:46 PM

If Austin’s coming which I doubt he’ll probably be plunged in at RB. More likely off to Spurs as Harry Kane is injured

• Blackley and Brownlie

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:48 PM

Toon brother didn’t half take some stick before the game. Now you can’t find anyone who didn’t agree with him. You couldn’t make it up.

• West Lancs Geordie

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:49 PM

The boy Adam has obviously found his level & good luck to him. We are going to have to look to bring through some British boys soon before the FA start taking action.Problem signing them is they are far too expensive compared to foreign imports.

• hibbit

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:50 PM

will die …….. what Mc says in public and what Mc knows are two different things he will know by now who he wants and needs the problem is will he get them with charnley in charge