The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Miracle Man Could Start At Swansea

8:51 am, Saturday, August 15th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 137 Comments

26 year-old Dutch midfielder Vurnon Anita seems to have made a miraculous recovery from the back injury he sustained last Sunday against the Saints,  and he was carried off on a stretcher mid-way through the second half, and seemed to be in significant pain.

However, he is still expected to start at Swansea today, in what we expect to be an unchanged side that did well against Southampton in our first game.

Vurnon  Anita carried off Saints

Vurnon Anita – carried off last Sunday

Steve McClaren in his press conference said that Vurnon was OK and in fact was back training again on Wednesday.

The head coach also gave updates on Paul Dummett and Emmanuel Riviere, who has had some surgery back in France last week:

“Vurnon has trained this morning Friday, so he’s okay.” “Manu has had a small operation on his cartilage in France and is back here on Monday.”

“Cabella is back in training and Dummett should be back in training on Monday, so hopefully that’s a couple of plusses for Monday.”

Hopefully a small operation means that Manu Riviere will not be out too long, and certainly our injury situation is improving,  with Curtis Good (hip, thigh) and Sylvain Marveaux (groin), the only other players injured.

We may see Vurnon Anita become an important player for the side this season, and he can be very efficient and effective in central midfield, as he was last Sunday – when he rarely misplaced a pass before he had to leave the field.

Cheick Tiote came on and he was a little bit rusty, having not played since early January, but Cheick will be pushing for a starting place in the weeks ahead, so Vurnon will have to be on his toes and continue play well to keep his starting place.

That’s exactly what we need this season – competition for places all over the pitch.

Tags: Cheick Tiote · Injuries · Newcastle News · Vurnon Anita

137 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jib // Aug 15, 2015 at 8:54 AM

Bobbybee
    Sorry pal I’ve been talking about you as if you weren’t here !!!!!

• 2 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 15, 2015 at 8:55 AM

I would say tiote was a lot rusty

• 3 Belfast // Aug 15, 2015 at 8:55 AM

Jesperfuglsang out!

• 4 Jib // Aug 15, 2015 at 8:58 AM

I’m hoping and praying that young Garry Monk just might get a master class in footy tactics AND strategy today.
    I know from an interview he gave to a local Welsh rag that is what he’s worried about.
    Although they have never met , this match has a feel of apprentice v master about it.

• 5 Munster Mag // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:02 AM

Jib thats just reverse psychology from monk. I think they will win 3-1. 🙁

• 6 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:02 AM

Still say we will win 2–0

• 7 Jib // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:04 AM

munster
    You could have given it a few more minutes before bursting me bubble 🙁

• 8 martoon // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:09 AM

Bobbybee – Sorry I had leave our conversation yesterday as l was at the airport. I agree with your prediction of 2 2 and not a bad shout to play willo as he does quite well against tall strong strikers. It’s the small fast ones he struggles against!

• 9 Bobbybee // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:11 AM

Better than behind my back jib! 🙂

• 10 Bobbybee // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:16 AM

Martoon, that’s what i reckon, but Mbemba can cover those quick uns if required. We are definitely lacking height back there and it’s a concern. He’s always had Andy Carroll in his pocket and you don’t get a more difficult striker to play against than Carroll. Horses for courses – including carthorses! 🙂

• 11 Rotonda heights // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:16 AM

jib

re – kemen

ib

” the reason the club won’t totally commit is that his first touch is poor.”
    – – – – – – –
    and yet willo has played nearly 200 games for us!!!!!

• 12 Munster Mag // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:18 AM

Bobby i’d be amazed if he plays willo. I dont think we will get another centre half unless we play a sweeper system. So he has nailed his flag on colo and mbemba i think.

• 13 Rotonda heights // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:19 AM

after what has been for the most part rubbish football for the last 4 years, i am actually looking forward to games again now.

• 14 Munster Mag // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:23 AM

Sorry jib! Hope i’m wrong but swamsea will take huge encouragement from chelsea and will want to impress home fans. Mcclaren is right re swansea though. So well run. Great succession planning in place for their future managers too. Maybe we can do same. Cathro?

• 15 Bobbybee // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:25 AM

Munster, you’re right there, but it was a point worth discussion i thought. If we concede another two headed goals today, he needs a complete rethink imo. Mbemba can leap, no doubt, but he’s giving players 5-6″ start. Collo hardly got off the ground on Sunday, and we let in goals that are avoidable. Hopefully somebody like Matip is on his shopping list.

• 16 martoon // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:30 AM

Rotonda – I agree and even if we get beat today I’ll be looking at the manner of the defeat. As long as we keep fighting, keep playing football and not roll over I’ll obviously not be happy but be satisfied.

• 17 Mr Funk // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:30 AM

I still think the best solution to LB and CB issue is Terence Kongolo. He could play LB, so he could get used to the EPL pace and then move to CB when Colo moves on.

• 18 will die for the toon army // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:31 AM

Thank God Howard Webb left football I really hated that guy.

He denied us penalties and got us relegated.

• 19 Mister Tuff // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:33 AM

bobbybee – my earlier post about fans was not directly relevant to your post -I only mentioned you as you were the only one up and about at that early hour.

• 20 loonie-toon // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:35 AM

Seen today Ashley cole had is last 6 month terminated anyone fink he b good signing for back

• 21 Bobbybee // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:37 AM

Will die, i disliked webb enormously myself, but i think we managed pretty well on our own to get relegated. Bunch of greedy mercenaries masquerading as footballers ably assisted by JFK.

• 22 will die for the toon army // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:38 AM

I don’t think NUFC can keep s clean sheet

• 23 Jail for Ashley // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:39 AM

wdft,
    So it was Howard Webbs fault we went down, nothing at all to do with the ridiculous selling of James Milner or the constructive dismissal of KK, hiring a dinosaur of a manager prone to heart problems might have had an effect on the teams fortunes, but no you’re right, all down to Webb and the three games or whatever he never awarded a penalty.

• 24 Bobbybee // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:39 AM

Mr tuff lmao! I was wondering why! I love it that fans from ANYWHERE support the Toon. No glory hunters in our lot, that’s a fact! 🙂

• 25 Ron Knee // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:39 AM

I don’t think we’ll get any points from the next two matches but we might surprise against Arsenal.

• 26 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:39 AM

Belfast…you would miss me if I wasn’t here!

• 27 Jail for Ashley // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:42 AM

Bobbybee,
    KK had those same greedy mercenaries masquerading as footballers playing quite well towards the back end of that first season, they looked pretty good against Man U on the opening day as well.

• 28 Bobbybee // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:43 AM

Loonie toon. I have this abiding memory of Sissoko leaving Cole for dead, after a five yard minimum head start. And that was a good couple of seasons since. I doubt his pace has improved any since then. Great in his day, but not today imo.

• 29 Jail for Ashley // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:45 AM

toonbotherer,
    I will bet £100 that we don’t win a game this season with Collo in the starting line up. No, I said in the next five games, well I meant the first five games !!

• 30 Bobbybee // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:48 AM

Jail, granted, but when the going got tough, they bottled it. Too good to go down they believed. Not up for the scrap. Happy to take 60g plus a week, but when the push came to the shove, they bottled it. That side should never have gone down in a million years, yet history tells us different.

• 31 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:48 AM

It will be interesting to see if Obertan gets picked again today!

…SM said it was a tactical decision to pick at SOTON – so won’t tactics dictate otherwise today?

• 32 Munster Mag // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:48 AM

Bobby i agree. I think mbemba can be held fairly culpable for one of the goals. He wasnt close enough to pelle but he also wasnt tall enough. Thats why i think making colo captain is steves first big error of judgement. And also because colo isnt a good captain anyway. What a sweeper he cud be though

• 33 Munster Mag // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:51 AM

Obertan will be shown up again today. I dont care how fast he is

• 34 Bobbybee // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:56 AM

Munster, don’t mind Collo being club captain, if he is influential off the field, but don’t see him a captain on it. Anyway, now Macca’s seen him in proper action, he’s no fool. He’ll know where we need strengthening. Just hope he can find a replacement in time.

• 35 Ron Knee // Aug 15, 2015 at 9:58 AM

jesper
    That’s why I predict a defeat today!

• 36 Jib // Aug 15, 2015 at 10:03 AM

Jesper
    “It was been mentioned before that SM tend to use the same players over and over just like Pardew. Will be interesting to see.”

What !!!

You might as well say
    like Sir Alex Ferguson
    like Kevin Keegan
    like Sir Bobby Robson
    like Jose Mourinho.
    like Pep Guardiola (the idiot used Messi over and over )

• 37 murvar // Aug 15, 2015 at 10:04 AM

Just seen this feature on the BBC website – it tells you how the Toon (or any other PL team) have performed in your lifetime and many other meaningless facts!

• 38 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 15, 2015 at 10:07 AM

Jib…I really have to tell you something that has become obvious to everyone on here…you are either hard at hearing or slow at understanding!

…which is it? It’s okay to disagree on topics or to have friendly discussions like most, but whenever something comes along you ‘don’t get’ it’s the same rhetoric with you.

• 39 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 15, 2015 at 10:08 AM

Bobbybee
    That was a top post of yours on the other thread. Very well put.

• 40 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 15, 2015 at 10:09 AM

Ron…tactics and formations will be half the victory…or defeat today.

…will be interesting to see what SM comes up with. I’ll admit I haven’t impressed with him as a manager (in terms of football and not man-management), but I’ll happily eat my words!

• 41 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 15, 2015 at 10:10 AM

*been

• 42 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 15, 2015 at 10:10 AM

BandB
    I don’t recall any vitriol against boycotters. It was the other way at times ftom some of them.

• 43 Bobbybee // Aug 15, 2015 at 10:13 AM

Murvar, I don’t need a website to tell me mate. I would sum it up as: basically disappointing, bordering on crap, with occasional periods of brilliance interspersed to keep the hope alive.

• 44 Munster Mag // Aug 15, 2015 at 10:13 AM

Bobby how do u mean…not captain on pitch? U thinking wijnaldum or janmaat is. I dont see it. I wud be pleased if we got a top flight tall oeganiser in there instead of him and let colo be club captain ( barbeque) man all he wants. Lets see if steve agrees but i dont think so. Hence bigging up taylor. I dont mind taylor to be honest. Brave and tough.

• 45 colwell // Aug 15, 2015 at 10:19 AM

Need Mitrovic to start today, he throws himself at everything in the box, with all the crosses we put in he is perfect. Cisse seems scared to do that.

• 46 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 15, 2015 at 10:22 AM

Ashley Cole has been released from his contract at Roma

• 47 Ron Knee // Aug 15, 2015 at 10:23 AM

murvar
    Interesting feature. 40% of matches won in my lifetime & I share a birthday with Andy Carroll!

• 48 Belfast // Aug 15, 2015 at 10:24 AM

Cracking cross from Obertan last week , but he shouldn’t be starting today. Think if we’ve any hope of keeping Aarons we should be playing him ahead of Obertan.

• 49 Bobbybee // Aug 15, 2015 at 10:25 AM

Munster, I’m not even convinced the role of captain is that important anymore mate, not on the pitch. As long as somebody is able to organise things when they go wrong, I don’t really care who it is. If everybody does their job right, bob’s your uncle, all’s well. All senior players should be capable of geeing others along when they’re struggling, so I don’t really see it as being down to one man.

• 50 Ron Knee // Aug 15, 2015 at 10:29 AM

jesper
    I think he’ll be hoping for more miracle assists from Haidara and Obertan!

• 51 Belfast // Aug 15, 2015 at 10:32 AM

Will I be able to watch the match on that Kodi ? Downloaded it yesterday but don’t have a scooby how to operate it.

• 52 reilly // Aug 15, 2015 at 10:40 AM

belfast,follow these 2 guides.

and save this to your bookmarks,it tells you what channels around the world are showing the match.

if all done right you will be good to go.

• 53 reilly // Aug 15, 2015 at 10:41 AM

belfast ive just put up some guides for you,but there waiting moderation.

• 54 WWSBRD // Aug 15, 2015 at 10:44 AM

Belfast
    U got the add ons for it?

• 55 Munster Mag // Aug 15, 2015 at 10:47 AM

Maybe thats why steve was saying leaders more nb than captains. So he can drop colo for a better centre back

• 56 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 15, 2015 at 10:47 AM

When you guys talk about an android device with Kodi could you elaborate?

…it’s not just for me, but we need to make sure even Belfast gets it 😉

• 57 Our Toon // Aug 15, 2015 at 10:51 AM

Munster and Bobby

On the captaincy debate, Villa have Agbonglahor as club captain but Richards is captain on the pitch. Would that not work here? Colo as club captain off the pitch and a new leader is required on it. SDJ is that if/when he plays.

• 58 Average_Contents // Aug 15, 2015 at 10:53 AM

reilly

One link at a time mate otherwise they get moderated

• 59 Average_Contents // Aug 15, 2015 at 11:02 AM

Off today 😀 but still won’t be able to watch the match as the daughter has a dance show, in the middle of a tesco, doing shitloads of routines 😐

Hopefully I’ll be able to catch some of the second half once she’s finished and we’ve made our way down to the in-laws.

Shitty flash streams probably, when I’ve got my M8 box at home too.

Not a happy bunny.

• 60 StevoNorthShields // Aug 15, 2015 at 11:03 AM

Both teams to score..toon to snatch a victory with the big fellas first goal for the mighty magpies!! Howay the lads!

• 61 Average_Contents // Aug 15, 2015 at 11:03 AM

Blog killer.

I feel like bellendfast 😛

• 62 reilly // Aug 15, 2015 at 11:07 AM

• 63 reilly // Aug 15, 2015 at 11:08 AM

and this 1.

• 64 reilly // Aug 15, 2015 at 11:10 AM

and save this 1 to your bookmarks,it gives you a list of what channels are showing the match from around the world,comes in handy for zeus.

• 65 ilovetoon8788 // Aug 15, 2015 at 11:19 AM

Will be very surprised if mcclaren outsmarts Gary monk.

Gonna be a very interesting tactical battle if any from mcclaren on containing Swansea. Anita is key and his form today will dictate the midfield battle.

I wonder what will mcclaren tactic be upfront. Mitrovic or Cisse.

• 66 WWSBRD // Aug 15, 2015 at 11:26 AM

ilovetoon
    Why would that surprise u?

• 67 JamesToon // Aug 15, 2015 at 11:28 AM

Ilovetoon

The way we can beat Swansea I reckon, is pinning back their wingers. Double up on their full backs so montero/ayew have to track back

• 68 Belfast // Aug 15, 2015 at 11:31 AM

Yes I just downloaded a few phoneix and robin hood project any other ones I should download ?

• 69 Belfast // Aug 15, 2015 at 11:36 AM

Thanks Reilly

• 70 JamesToon // Aug 15, 2015 at 11:38 AM

Reilley

I just use the TSN 1 stream website (cxcic it’s called or something like that) and you’ve got all the list of American/British sports channels that you can stream down the side

• 71 hibbit // Aug 15, 2015 at 11:38 AM

james toon…. and while we double up were wide open at the back

• 72 davetoon // Aug 15, 2015 at 11:42 AM

reading McClarens comments from a previous post he seems happy with what hes got and would rather give another chance to players that a lot of fans think have run their course so it will be interesting to see if he feels the same in Jan.

I especially hope he can get Collo back into his best form and working alongside Mbemba

• 73 lesh // Aug 15, 2015 at 11:43 AM

If Carver were still around as HC, I’ve no doubt that Anita’s injury would’ve kept him.out for months – such were Carver’s man-management skills.

And, if McClaren’s going to assess the Academy, let’s hope it’s not just the players he’ll be looking at. Given the dearth of Academy graduates developing into first team players, it’s clear there’s something or things not working well.

He may have the wider brief of undertaking an overall review of our scouting and academy coaching and if so, it’s long overdue.

There’s no doubt we shouldn’t expect an instant fix to the Club’s problem areas as they’ve resulted from eight years of money-driven management. Now let’s hope that the focus is now on the footballing operations – without losing sight of the need for good financial management too.

Get plenty supplies in for what’s likey to be a long journey to get the Club to the place where it ought to be – among the big, big boys.

• 74 ShirebrookToon // Aug 15, 2015 at 11:47 AM

Can you download kodi for iPads?

• 75 jakesome // Aug 15, 2015 at 11:49 AM

Hey guys, I haven’t posted in years but thought I’d share my little tip for watching the toon games. Download the puffin Browser on your smartphone (has a flash player) then use it to visit vipbox.TV or 12thplayer.com and stream t straight to your phone. Wives and girlfriends will hate it but easy come easy go. Hope this helps

• 76 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 15, 2015 at 11:50 AM

yes shirebrook from the Kodi website

• 77 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 15, 2015 at 11:50 AM

but only if your ipad is jailbroken

• 78 ShirebrookToon // Aug 15, 2015 at 11:54 AM

Cheers chancel 🙂

• 79 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 15, 2015 at 12:01 PM

Under 18s getting beat 1 – 0 at half time at Little Benton. Not a fair reflection. A snappy early goal in first couple of minutes. NUFC had much more of thr game. Heaney looks sharp and dangerous.

• 80 davetoon // Aug 15, 2015 at 12:04 PM

@lesh do you see any younger players breaking into the 11 this season?

Barring bad injuries, I don’t think anyone will get the sort of chance a player like Perez got last season

• 81 Jib // Aug 15, 2015 at 12:06 PM

Just watched NUFC24/7 no. 6 on NUFCtv
    Excellent
    Can’t reccomend NUFCtv enough
    £40 pa or 80p per week much better value than buying the Ronny Gill

• 82 Jib // Aug 15, 2015 at 12:10 PM

Blackley
    McKenzie Heaney has been called up for England U17’s
    See the stuff you learn on NUFCtv (and I’d recognise him if I saw him in Fenwicks now)

• 83 CypriotDelight // Aug 15, 2015 at 12:21 PM

Just seen that the Toon match will be the 3 o’clock game on BFBS – get in!!!!
    Get to watch the game in top quality for a change 🙂

• 84 CypriotDelight // Aug 15, 2015 at 12:34 PM

Think it will b a tight game dictated by the mid field but I have hope for a result….fingers crossed

Right pool, pub then home for the game 🙂
    HWTL

• 85 davetoon // Aug 15, 2015 at 12:36 PM

IF we can play like we did for the first 70 minutes of the Saints game, we would win but a draw would be a good result away

• 86 Toon fm Exeter // Aug 15, 2015 at 12:40 PM

Think this will be an open game today hope I am wrong but Swansea to edge it in 5 goals

• 87 beermonkey // Aug 15, 2015 at 12:43 PM

lesh

McLaren said he was going to look at the academy and I read that they have changed the way they train and they do the same things as the first team

not sure where I read it though but it looks like things are changing

• 88 Essex Geordie Bill // Aug 15, 2015 at 12:43 PM

Would someone please tell me how old a player needs to be to be ready for the first team.

This question is in response to the previous thread where Kemen name was mentioned, imo if they are not good enough at 19 when, if ever, will they be.

• 89 Jib // Aug 15, 2015 at 12:45 PM

Good link for
    SouthanpTOON v EverTOON if anyone is arsed

• 90 JackButler // Aug 15, 2015 at 12:47 PM

Anita being fit is a massive boost as he was superb last Sunday and will become one of the most important players in SM side.

Why oh why do BT pay a fortune for the rights to show premier league games then go out and employ Hoddle, Owen and Robbie Bloody Savage as commentators?

• 91 sing in the corner // Aug 15, 2015 at 12:47 PM

We have missed a trick with Colo. Regardless of wether or not he can somehow get fitter, faster, rediscover his previous ability to win owt in the air and read play (now we have signed him up for longer I genuinely hope for the club’s sake he can) – regardless of all of that the trick we missed was to give him the captaincy again. It’s lopping at least 10% of our potential to have a silent, non leading leader.

• 92 sing in the corner // Aug 15, 2015 at 12:49 PM

JB

Good point. 3 sackless amigos of the pundit world

• 93 JackButler // Aug 15, 2015 at 12:53 PM

That Everton away kit if disgusting

• 94 Jail for Ashley // Aug 15, 2015 at 12:57 PM

JB,
    If Owen was a samaritan the suicide rates would eclipse Finlands.

• 95 JackButler // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:02 PM

Jail

It’s great to have so many live games to watch, but I find myself turning the volume off on the TV and having the commentary off the radio. Owens not on today but that tool Savage more than makes up for him

• 96 JackButler // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:04 PM

Sing in the corner

That they are mate, it’s one major aspect that sky sports have got right more often than not

• 97 Noel Worst // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:04 PM

Recommended channels on Kodi fellas?

• 98 JackButler // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:07 PM

Everton 0-1 up, Southampton caught on the counter again and they should be two nil up with Pella and Manay missing very good opportunities

• 99 the broons // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:08 PM

i second what noel said

• 100 will die for the toon army // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:12 PM

Jail

u have so much hatred for Ashely and it blinds ur judgement.

Back to soccer, Southampton plays alot of aerial football and I thought our defence was slow. Everton has scored the same goal we did

• 101 sing in the corner // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:13 PM

JB @94

Hang on fella, Sky have employed some good pundits but they also have an unnerving knack of putting the mackem donkey Niall Quim on Tyne / Wear derby duty. (Mind I’m sure it’s to boli the blood of toon fans everywhere! 🙂 )

• 102 sing in the corner // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:13 PM

* Boil!

• 103 colwell // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:16 PM

I bet Lukaku can’t wait to play us, he’ll have a headache by the end for all the headers he’s won.

• 104 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:16 PM

U18s NUFC 0 v 1 West Brom
    Couldn’t find the key.

• 105 Jib // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:18 PM

Jack Butler
    The Toon game is on Setanta Ireland
    I quite like Brian Little’s commentary 😎

• 106 will die for the toon army // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:18 PM

Sing

we also have Shearer at BBC.

• 107 sing in the corner // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:21 PM

Toonbrother

Re: your ventue into gambling.

Have you been contacting any bankruptcy agencies in preparation for your financial demise?
    You have the embrionic stages of a point in some of what you say regarding Colo but my own bet is that you wish you had thought about that little wager you offered for a nanosecond?

• 108 will die for the toon army // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:22 PM

Shane Long is a nasty player

• 109 sing in the corner // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:24 PM

WDF

Ha ha, well you can’t have everything.
    Shearer the pundit…? Hmmm. Bit cringeworthy at times.
    … a hero because of his football exploits on the pitch. Best remembered there in my opinion!

• 110 will die for the toon army // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:25 PM

Best Counter attacking teams:
    1. Leicester
    2. NUFC
    3. Everton
    4. Manure

• 111 davetoon // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:27 PM

Its not making me feel great about last weeks result that Southampton are losing to a weak Everton side

• 112 JackButler // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:27 PM

Sing in the corner

Now don’t hold this against me but…. I like Quinn on commentary, obviously not when we play Sunderland, but in general he’s good, well far better than the donkeys that by employ anyway 🙂

Jib

Don’t have the luxury of Setanta mate 🙁

• 113 JackButler // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:29 PM

0-2

• 114 colwell // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:30 PM

The draw last week now looks poor.

• 115 John Tudor // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:31 PM

extremely pi55 p00r

• 116 ToonDownSouth // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:32 PM

Southampton’s defence looks awful today..

I’m not sure that’s the case though colwell, Southampton played with far more energy than this last week. They can’t seem to string more than a couple of passes together either.

• 117 Blofal // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:33 PM

I have a feeling De Jong might start today. Though I don’t know who he would replace. For me he needs to start. He isn’t effective as a sub.

• 118 will die for the toon army // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:33 PM

sing

I cant believe they always renewal his contract. But he is a fumny lad as person at first I thought he was jst being funny but he was really making analysis.

Reminds me of Gary Neville very Manure minded even if u e talking abt another game / team.

Roy Kean is an angry man.

Good analysts

Carragher, Owen M and Owen H very impressed.

• 119 davetoon // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:34 PM

the worry was that we didnt bury those chances at the start of the game
    and obviously that disgrace that was the last 15 minutes

• 120 colwell // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:36 PM

TDS

Could well be they’re having an off day or could be Everton making them look poor only time will tell.

• 121 will die for the toon army // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:36 PM

116ToonDownSouth

Southampton had a poor defence even wen we played them we got 5 clear chances in first half if only we werent allegic to scoring.

• 122 JackButler // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:38 PM

Everton have scored two break away goals but Southampton missed two gilt edge chances and have been the better side so far but Lukaku’s pace and strength causing them problems

• 123 colwell // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:39 PM

What worries me as it was only poor finishing, good saves and luck that we didn’t lose last week. Hopefully another week together Mbemba and Colo are on the same wave length and maybe both grown 4/5 inches into CB’S.

• 124 JackButler // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:43 PM

Colwell

its only poor finishing, good saves and luck that decide most games.

We tired badly in the last fifteen last week, but we were up against a side that’s already up to speed while it was our first game after a pathetically organised pre season

• 125 Belfast // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:48 PM

Why does the Shearer sculpture have his finger in the air when it was always the hand? 😉

• 126 Novocastrian66 // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:49 PM

Southampton could have (should have?) been out of sight before Everton scored. The game is very simar to last week’s match. If we h

• 127 toonbrother // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:50 PM

Only a moron agrees to an asymmetric bet with no upfront compensation

I have stated I do not believe we will win a single game with colo in the starting line up
    however i cant make a bet on those terms
    why?
    because it means i could pay out at any point in the season whereas the other side can only pay out at the end of the season
    Thats an asymmetric bet .
    Its not a fair bet
    Why would i or anyone with any iota of intelligence agree to that?

if we are to make the bet official there has to be a time limit. 5 games is more than enough time for colocinni to prove me wrong.
    I would happily pay out if we win any of our first five games with colo in the starting line up
    cheers

• 128 toonbrother // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:53 PM

I remember ssaying Southampton were an average side this season and getting all manner of abuse directed at me
    once again Ive been shown to 100% spot on

How we could celebrate escaping with a draw agaainst such a side is beyond me

• 129 spaghetti bandit // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:54 PM

Am I watching same game,, mane had a decent chance which lead to th corner from which Everton scored and since then Everton particularly lukaku have dominated,, barkley or cleverly should of scored before lukaku got his 2nd,, tht rb soares is having a nitemare again

• 130 Mister Tuff // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:55 PM

I’m going for a 3 -1 defeat. Just think we are behind on preparation. Hope I’m wrong though.
    Mitrovic might not start – but wen he is on -good potential battle with Williams – might produce a flashpoint.
    Colo is getting a habit of storming out of defence chasing the opposition and leaving the rest of the defence in unorganised panic – hope he curtails that.

• 131 spaghetti bandit // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:56 PM

I took Southampton on one of my accas aswell

• 132 JackButler // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:56 PM

Toonbrother

Southampton an average side?

They finished 7th last season after selling the majority of their best players and again this season some of their best players have been sold off but after just one and a half games you think you have been proven to be right???

Nice to see that it not just about Colo you post unintelligent drivel

• 133 magpiesi // Aug 15, 2015 at 1:57 PM

Southampton lb getting caught out every counter attack they miss bertrand. Looks like they only play looped direct balls to pelle no nice tidy passers in cm. just put tadic there with mane and long in the channels the game will change.

• 134 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 15, 2015 at 2:00 PM

I must say I somehow see us lose 3:1.

Just have a feeling.

• 135 toonbrother // Aug 15, 2015 at 2:02 PM

@132 JackButler
    7th “last season”
    Key operative phrase is “Last season”!!!

• 136 Offkey // Aug 15, 2015 at 2:05 PM

I am currently watching Everton v Southampton on kodi through, operation robocop, p2p streams

• 137 will die for the toon army // Aug 15, 2015 at 2:06 PM

Toon brother

I think I agreed with u about Southampton. You cant build and break all the time. It cant go on forever.

previous post: McClaren Confident Of New Signings – To Assess The Academy