The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Adam Armstrong’s Brilliant Goal For Coventry – Video

9:42 am, Sunday, August 16th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 12 Comments

Don’t worry too much about Newcastle’s poor display at Swansea yesterday – we still have Adam Armstrong who we may recall after he scored two goals again yesterday – here’s our report last night on his exploits.

This is his first goal yesterday as he brilliantly lobbed the goalkeeper after just six minutes.

Tags: Adam Armstrong · Loan Moves · Newcastle News · Newcastle Youth · Video

12 responses so far ↓

• 1 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 16, 2015 at 9:45 AM

It’s not really fair yo put all the blame on the defense.

I’ll bet you all upgrading Colo won’t change much…the way SM sat up the (with all his tactical decisions cough cough) just mounted pressure on the defense…

…the exact opposite of what we need! The way we play and the unbalanced team we have is the culprit! I think!

• 2 Tsunki // Aug 16, 2015 at 9:48 AM

Ashley Out!

• 3 martoon // Aug 16, 2015 at 9:51 AM

I have to say playing with no strikers when you are 2 0 down was just bizarre – I didn’t understand Steve’s explanation!

• 4 Tsunki // Aug 16, 2015 at 9:51 AM

Our midfield, for all the hype and bluster, is still absolutely woeful. There’s your problem. We’re asking for better defenders to cope with the pressure our lack of midfield puts on them. Don’t get me started on fitness levels – quote from Sammy Ameobi here it is again no apologies if it’s been said before –

“Cardiff City offered me the chance and I will do everything I can, on and off the pitch, to ensure I am successful.
    “Last season I worked a lot on my body, getting stronger and I’m continuing that work. The staff have helped me get a good regime going in the gym and I am starting to see results.

“Pace is a big part of my game and I want to get quicker and stronger. I am working on my legs and following the programme set for me.”

– that’s right, Cardiff City have the means to sort out our players fitness priblemd

• 5 Tsunki // Aug 16, 2015 at 9:52 AM

…problems. Where were you Autocorrect when I actually needed you?

• 6 Rotonda heights // Aug 16, 2015 at 9:53 AM

I blame SM totally for failing to take Janmatt off. It was an accident waiting to happen and how many warnings did SM need? Stupidity beyond belief.

OK we may not have another right back but surely 11 is always better than 10 men.

Also the ludicrous decision to keep Colo as captain and number 1 CB is frankly going to kill us.

For all the good sounding things now going on at the club, you really have to question the judgement of Carr and SM when sadly MBemba (who I like) and Colo have been involved in 3 out of 4 goals conceded already, Wijni (who I also like) has scored one great header but been often largely anonymous and Mitro seems to be another red card waiting to happen.

Yes early days I know but CBs and LB’s are still not being addressed when we appear to be chasing Thauvin instead for 12M ! We already have Cabella.

Perez or Aarons must come in for Obertan, and a towering CB and LB before the window closes. After janmatt’s performance maybe that Byram kid to challenge too. Not rocket science is it.

• 7 hibbit // Aug 16, 2015 at 9:54 AM

jesper the b4 were a big part of it but the teams performance was poor not one player stepped up we were out played in every department including the manger

• 8 Jail for Ashley // Aug 16, 2015 at 9:55 AM

Ashley Out!

• 9 Ron Knee // Aug 16, 2015 at 9:56 AM

Would you start with Mitrovic?

• 10 Jail for Ashley // Aug 16, 2015 at 9:57 AM

More decisions like that Rotonda and you’ll have a new obsession !

• 11 Ron Knee // Aug 16, 2015 at 10:00 AM

There was a doomed feel about the match from the kick-off. I don’t think the players – or McClaren – believed we would get anything out of it.

• 12 hibbit // Aug 16, 2015 at 10:01 AM

ron we have to start him its the only pressure we have otherwise were in for a pounding …..why do we look so lethargic 2 games into the season

previous post: Swansea 2 Newcastle 0 – Full Match Report

next post: Who Was Newcastle’s Best Player Yesterday?