The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Thauvin In Newcastle Tomorrow For Medical And Six Year Deal

10:24 pm, Monday, August 17th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 73 Comments

There are reports in France that Marseilles winger Florian Thauvin has been given permission to travel to Newcastle tomorrow morning, after terms have finally been agreed between Newcastle and Marseilles for his transfer.

Those terms are £12M (€17M) and include Remy Cabella going for a season long loan to Marseilles, with the French club having an option to buy the French International, who had a tough time of it on Tyneside last season.

Florian THAUVIN -8688

Florian Thauvin – to sign six year deal

We had hoped Remy Cabella would be given more time at Newcastle to prove himself, but it doesn’t look like that will happen.

The French reports say that Florian will be offered a six year deal, and will discuss terms with the club, but usually when players fly in for the medical,  everything has usually been agreed to beforehand – so basically he will come in for a medical before signing along the dotted line.

The wages offered are said to be around €3M a year – which is £2.1M/year – around £40K/week – good money if you can get it.

Newcastle have been after the French U21 International since he was at Bastia before he moved to Lille in January, 2013,  and Graham Carr has tracked him all this time, and it looks like his efforts will come to fruition tomorrow.

It seems that Steve McClaren was also keen on getting Florin to Newcastle, and we tried a few times earlier in the summer, but at that time head coach Marcelo Bielsa blocked the move.

However with Bielsa having resigned last weekend,  it has left the door open for Newcastle to get their man.

Other terms of the agreement being reported are that Marseilles have the option to buy Remy Cabella for €8M – around £5.6M – presumably if the French International does well on loan.

Other news in London tonight are that Newcastle are having second thoughts on Charlie Austin, and they are still not willing to pay out the £15M for the 26 year-old striker, but surely we need defenders brought in before September rather than another striker?

But this deal for Thauvin will be a good one as far as Newcastle fans are concerned, and the lad is a gifted player and hopefully he can settle in quickly at Newcastle.

We’d be a lot happier if a top defender comes through the door in the next two weeks,  and we have been linked today with Monaco’s Aymen Abdennour, who would be a great buy if we can get him.

Tags: Newcastle News · Recruitment · Scouting Network · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

73 responses so far ↓

• 1 9 // Aug 17, 2015 at 10:29 PM

Can’t express any opinion about Thauvin, as I’m completely ignorant about him, but I do know we will never miss Mr Cabella, because I have seen him. He has talent but is useless in our League. Bye- bye, good result for NUFC.

• 2 Toon-Prodigy // Aug 17, 2015 at 10:32 PM

Hopefully he will be ready for Old Trafford, is there any news on Sissoko’s injury?

• 3 overtheline // Aug 17, 2015 at 10:35 PM

will Cabella going the other way for a year’s wages and 8 mill euros be a break even on his inwards fee from Montpelier or are we losing on this like we did on Santon ?

• 4 elpaso_geordie // Aug 17, 2015 at 10:36 PM

why spend the money on Thauvin when we have Aarons, we are going to lose this kid as he doesn’t play he wont sign a new contract. We are gonna waste a huge potential talent that if given games ala sterling could be worth Sterling type money in the next few years.
    We finally look to spend money and we don’t seem to know what position is priority – I bloody do so how does McLaren et al not .
    Mike will do this once only and if we get this wrong we are royally fu*ked
    p.s. Colocicini contract was another big mistake

• 5 JamesToon // Aug 17, 2015 at 10:38 PM

Bournemouth set an example on how to play against a big team and make your fans proud tonight. Need to press man united high up the pitch and attack them, lose 3-0 I don’t care as long as we play to win not play to not get beat

• 6 9 // Aug 17, 2015 at 10:39 PM

Santon would be quite useful in our squad. January2015 was the absolute disaster of all our owner’s actions. Let’s hope for better!

• 7 9 // Aug 17, 2015 at 10:42 PM

Man U are no great shakes. Unfortunately, neither are we. I’m not at all worried by the opposition, I’m worried by us (3 headed goals in 2 matches WTF)

• 8 9 // Aug 17, 2015 at 10:44 PM

(night night) no point talking to myself

• 9 andrewsneill // Aug 17, 2015 at 10:45 PM

£5.6m seems a ridiculously low fee for Cabella. I’d rather keep him and see what SM can do with him in our new passing style for that kind of money

• 10 Offkey // Aug 17, 2015 at 10:45 PM

Elpaso – in the absence of any real knowledge of this fella my 2 worries are

1. He will be used as an inverted winger and will not do a decent cross with his right foot.
    2. He will be played on the left and stunt Aarons development.

9 – on mitrovic, I honestly think its a young lad trying to hard with limited time, start him, if he f’s up he can only blame himself.

On hba, I am one of the hba lovers I am afraid, would have kept him myself. I genuinely believe that its about the people around him. I have some ‘issues’ where many would say that I am unmanageable in a work environment, doesn’t mean I am bad at my job……in fact I am better than most of my colleugues because of my ‘issues’……managers don’t like me though 🙂

• 11 jimmysmith // Aug 17, 2015 at 10:56 PM

Thauvin will be good in theory. That ostensibly gives us a genuine talent on the left, if he is the real McCoy, and also a great young understudy in Aarons, who if he’s good enough will unseat him, and certainly will get to play regardless. They won’t restrict a genuine talent.

• 12 Offkey // Aug 17, 2015 at 11:02 PM

Jimmy – a lot of faith there mate, the talent of obertan seems to be restricting his playing time a the moment

• 13 jimmysmith // Aug 17, 2015 at 11:07 PM

It’s early doors, both in the season and the young mans career, which looks like it could be a special one. You’d have to have little faith in McClaren to think he’d hold the player back for short term gain.

• 14 Polarboy // Aug 17, 2015 at 11:12 PM

Only last week Wenger was saying that he regretted playing Wilshere so often when he was younger because he thinks it might have have led to his appalling injury record. Point is that McClaren has a name for bringing through young players so we should probably wait and judge him after more than 2 games.

• 15 Offkey // Aug 17, 2015 at 11:13 PM

Jimmy – yeah I understand, mcclaren stated it would take 2-3 months to be starting……Hopefully to try and get more out of the chap…….but obertan 🙂

• 16 BandB // Aug 17, 2015 at 11:20 PM

I have changed my mind on signing Thauvin simply because Obertan is likely to play on the left until someone else is brought in.
    I think McClaren might have been more inclined to go with Aarons if Dummett was fit. Aarons needs to be slowly introduced into the team and not expected to be ready to play every week now. He could easily break down if asked to do too much.

• 17 OneAlanShearer // Aug 17, 2015 at 11:20 PM

Just a thought but people keep saying we don’t need forwards…what if they intend to let cisse and sissoko leave. What if aarons doesn’t intend to sign a new contract. Plus our goals for last season was almost as bad as our goals against. We have an unbalanced side and a striker who needs crosses into him so they are addressing the imbalance. Yes we need defenders but we also need to improve up front.

• 18 jimmysmith // Aug 17, 2015 at 11:21 PM

Yeah, ha, that’s more difficult to fathom, at face value. Ive put forward a few theories, and they have been given short shrift on here. Ha!

• 19 Tsunki // Aug 17, 2015 at 11:25 PM

Can’t say I care much for these haircuts were buying in. Is Carr trying to assemble a coconut shy?

• 20 Offkey // Aug 17, 2015 at 11:33 PM

Tsunki – how did you guess my issue was my hair cut.

Polar and bandb – accepted on the injury/burn out front, but can’t help thinking that if you’re good enough you’re old enough……..just hoping it’s the right call and doesn’t lead us to losing him…..especially if he is good enough, would be a real shame…..but a double edge sword, play him more interest, don’t play him he looks elsewhere

• 21 Brian Pinas // Aug 17, 2015 at 11:40 PM

He looks like a serial killer.

• 22 BandB // Aug 17, 2015 at 11:41 PM

I hope that if Thauvin comes in, Aarons will move above Obertan in the pecking order, and so will still get his chances to gain strength and experience. I think he will be great. But right now, he isn’t. We need to buy some goals and crosses as much as we need another centre back.

• 23 Tsunki // Aug 17, 2015 at 11:46 PM

Well we know that SM has few options if his first pick is Colback, Obertan, the fairweather Sissoko….

• 24 Toon-Prodigy // Aug 17, 2015 at 11:48 PM

It’s all about competition for places, players having to up their games.

I wish it was 2 weeks time so all the ins and outs were done and we can assess the squad properly. It will be no good if all that has changed is like for like without building or strengthening the squad as a whole.

Thauvin is just a replacement for Cabella in the squad by the look of it.

But im atleast pleased we are trying in the market right now and are active. It’s the players out i’ll be monitoring the most over the next couple of weeks.

• 25 toon kk // Aug 17, 2015 at 11:50 PM

Has Thauvin left school yet? He looks very young and rather unhappy! !!!

• 26 Offkey // Aug 17, 2015 at 11:50 PM

Bandb – can’t dispute that, also crosses are needed and I am hoping that mitrovic is the man to bang them in, even don’t mind the idea of a cisse mitrovic partnership if crosses are flying in……could see lot of goals……at both ends.

Brian pinas – insightful……but amusing

• 27 Tsunki // Aug 17, 2015 at 11:51 PM

I don’t know who is at the core of this gutless streak we have in the club at the moment, maybe it’s Colo, maybe Sissoko, maybe Cisse, but there are a few characters Steve needs to shake out to cut the rot out of this side. We play in mood swings, a decent fighting spirit one week, a slack jawed idle loafing jaunt the next.

• 28 Tsunki // Aug 17, 2015 at 11:52 PM

Toon kk funny you should say that, it’s sort of how I imagine Ketsy looks. 🙂

• 29 Offkey // Aug 17, 2015 at 11:56 PM

Brian pinas – checked the blog your blue name is linked to, if it’s yours well done for not overtly advertising…….keep posting and I will check it out when I see your name

• 30 jimmysmith // Aug 17, 2015 at 11:57 PM

“a slack jawed idle loafing jaunt”, excellent.

I’ll commit that one to memory and pass it off as my own.

• 31 Shadow_Shearer // Aug 17, 2015 at 11:59 PM

There won’t be alot lost on cabella if we get £5.6 million. We paid 8 million for him. From what I’ve seen cabella has mainly been played on the wings which is not his natural position, so there maybe some method to the madness!

• 32 toon kk // Aug 18, 2015 at 12:01 AM

your right there’s some sort of spanner in the works, we are capable of being a decent side but for what ever reason there’s something or someone who’s spoiling the party! !!!

• 33 JP...from The Rock // Aug 18, 2015 at 12:04 AM

I think we will flog Obertan now. I see this guy as his replacement not Aarons. Its a pity McClaren didn’t get to work with Cabella as I still think he could have made it. Maybe Cabella gets injured out on loan and they dont take the option to buy and he comes to us, who knows. But Thauvin looks like a talent and better than Cabella even though his Fifa 15 stats don’t think the same as I do (they rate Cabella better).

Carr has rarely got a long scouted target wrong and this guys name has been doing the rounds for ages now, so I think he will be a hit for us.

• 34 Tsunki // Aug 18, 2015 at 12:05 AM

Jimmy I’ve often said all my material is open source, except I don’t even need the credit ha ha. Or the Blame, as we like to call it sometimes 🙂

You know, I’m going to take a controversial stand and say Cabella may have been given a raw deal. When he first same in against Man Citeh I thought ‘Ey up, we’ve got something here, but I think he’s suffered from being a bit isolated by a collectively hapless midfield. He’s a fish out of water in a side where close passing is like asking your team mate if he would care for a dose of herpes. If we had any shape or gumption in midfield, which I haven’t seen since Jonas and Anita had that spark against a fairly chronic west ham, he’d fare a lot better, and maybe he’d be able to keep that Gallic chin up instead of being a cheese consuming capitulation expert.

• 35 Toon-Prodigy // Aug 18, 2015 at 12:07 AM

Im pretty excited about Arrons and Thauvin battling it out for the front left spot. He can also bring competition for the front right also if Sissoko is staying. Plenty competition in the middle of the park already.

The quality is suspect in defence but there is competion in all but RB but there is young Sterry who seems to be doing ok, think he scored tonight for the under 21s.

If everyone stays here apart from the obvious who should be leaving, Obertan, Gouffran, Williamson, then there isn’t much left to do for the squad really in my view apart from an upgrade and competion in defence.

• 36 Sazzer // Aug 18, 2015 at 12:08 AM

What Palace paid for Pardew will cover most of it.

• 37 lukes26 // Aug 18, 2015 at 12:15 AM

I was just about to post the same thing!!

He looks like someone I would just absolutely hate

• 38 Shadow_Shearer // Aug 18, 2015 at 12:25 AM

Just watched a little bit of this guy on YouTube, ofcourse u can’t take alot from couple of clips on YouTube, but he reminds me a tiny touch of Di Maria. Only a tiny touch.
    My understanding was SM wants wingers who can defend aswel, he doesn’t look like he can. However he is fast, skillful, direct & unafraid to take on players. In other words, better than cabella.

• 39 Mister Tuff // Aug 18, 2015 at 12:27 AM

A good result at the weekend was the Arsenal victory over Palace. Wiped the smile from King Percys’ juju lipped jellied eel scoffing gob. Tremendous result.

• 40 blacksmith // Aug 18, 2015 at 12:30 AM

Thauvin seems just OK to me. A slower, smaller but, perhaps, more effective Obertan. He doesn’t particularly excite me. He seems more geared to scoring than assisting.

I see him playing as part of an attacking triumvirate with Aarons and Mitro.

Aarons will be gently re-introduced with the refurbished Obertan (and Gouffran) providing cover.

Pitty to see another prospect leave before making a real impact. Cabella seemed to lack the physical attributes to be effective in the Premier League. Him moving on is perhaps the best solution but it leaves one to wonder about what could have been. I hope it doesn’t discourage others from joining.

• 41 Graeme // Aug 18, 2015 at 12:55 AM

Where is our dominant CB? You know, the one we have been waiting 3 years for!!!
    Collo is past it, he cant compete at the top level, get him on the bench and a genuine CB brought in, in his place. Whoever agreed a 12 month extension PLUS a 12 month option should be sacked for fraud!!!

• 42 Toon-Prodigy // Aug 18, 2015 at 1:14 AM

Mbemba is the man they have brought in, that’s the new CB I guess.

With Colo, Taylor and Lascelles as competition. We have brought in two CB’s this window. I doubt there will be a third and im taking it Williamson will be off.

My only worry with Mbemba is he is not exactly a tower of a bloke with being 5.11 but he can apparantly leap like a salmon and is fast.

• 43 jimmysmith // Aug 18, 2015 at 2:03 AM

If were up to me I’d pencil in having Armstrong at Coventry for a season or two, then sorting him out for a season at a Championship club for a year or two, then bring him back up if he’s done consistently well, at still only 20 or 21, and with plenty of senior football under his belt before he’s asked to make the very big step up into a Newcastle first team.

• 44 Brian Pinas // Aug 18, 2015 at 2:14 AM

Cheers mate

• 45 dazza // Aug 18, 2015 at 3:30 AM

Jetro. That’s a start. Jetro, Rutiger, and Huddlestone.

• 46 gonufc (Newcastle United Sports Direct Advertising Club) // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:11 AM

A bit disappointed if the Cabella story is true. Surely these next few months would’ve been the time to really judge him.

He certainly has some talent and in terms of reputation I don’t see much difference between a nippy, skillful winger last summer and another new one this summer! It’ll be another “hope he adjusts quickly”, when Cabella must be settled now.

Plus, we hardly have a wealth of skillful attacking midfielders/ wingers. Aarons….Obertron 4000 series, Gouffran….Vuckic?

I’d say we need to keep him.

• 47 matt11_25 // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:38 AM

Two or three years of not getting to practice with premier league players might also hurt arma. I’d say spend the season at Coventry and then see what he can do at nufc full of confidence and well fit.

• 48 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:35 AM

looks a bit like our past player and physio – Paul Ferris

• 49 Average_Contents // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:09 AM

Thauvin looks like a sociopathic 😮

• 50 Sazzer // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:11 AM

Armstrong is basically earning a championship loan at Coventry. But let’s see where he’s at when he’s back. If he keeps scoring like Messi at Coventry obviously another loan might not be necessary.

• 51 Average_Contents // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:13 AM

Reminds me of Jan vertonghen, that arrogant, smarmy, no smiling, more interested in his appearance kinda guy.

• 52 Mag52 // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:23 AM

The spotlight must increasingly be focused on Carr with the news that Thauvin seems to be our latest acquisition.
    We had Cabella, who didn’t hack it in the PL to be fair, Rivière, a disappointment to date, Gouffran, poor, Anita, the jury’s still out.
    If Thauvin has been tracked by Carr as long as it appears, he needs to be a serious step up from some of our recent buys.

• 53 Yorkshire Magpie // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:33 AM

he reminds me of cyril sneer

• 54 Ian Toon // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:36 AM

It was only a year ago that we were saying the same things about Cabella having been pursued for a long time originally it was claimed as a replacement for Cabaye. My believe in Carr has been impacted by a number of poor recent signings but I believe Thauvin will be more effective and more suited to the PL. Mitrovic will require crossing support from the left flank. I am not sold on Haidara defensively but Thauvin’s arrival will mean that he can concentrate more on defending. Personally a new LB is required.
    Many liken Thauvin to a young Ribéry but what was being said about Cabella only a year ago.

• 55 toon kk // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:44 AM

We don’t know yet but it certainly looks like we’re swapping Cabella for his twin brother. Both very much the same in many ways.
    Just hope he’s up to the premier league

• 56 Ian Toon // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:49 AM

Anita is good to watch but a lightweight. Just how effective is he in the PL. We could have bought Shelvey who has been a revelation at Swansea and is being strongly mentioned for an International call up.
    Maybe Carr is after the frequent flyer miles but he should be looking at the home market.
    Beardsley went to look at Zaha at Palace a few seasons back – you’ll remember Zaha was suspended and nothing was progressed. Well Clyne was outstanding that season – do our scouts talk to local fans they are the people who watch the most.
    Nothing was followed up and in my book Clyne has been outstanding for seasons – we could have got him for £3 million. Zaha was overpriced at the time.
    We need a massive overhaul of development and scouting- delighted to read that Macca in his brave new world is on the job.

• 57 lochinvar // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:57 AM

The Chronicle article ” NUFC ending it’s interest in £15m rated Austin” is carefully crafted. It doesn’t mean that we wouldn’t or shouldn’t buy him , just not at that price.Perhaps it should read ” NUFC might still have interest in £10m or less rated Austin”
    It’s how you say it.

Hope there’s no dodgy dealings with Thauvin arriving that affect Aarons. Is he still not fully fit or will we not play him until after the transfer window closes ad his contract is updated ? Wonder who will play in the Northampton game – that team selection could be revealing.

• 58 Bambams // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:57 AM

Am I the only one cracking up here…

I have mentioned a few times that the management team must know what we know, we need a towering CB.

I am sure I am just trying to convince myself now that a deal MUST have already been completed and it’s Van Dijk just waiting for Celtic to get into next round CL

I am beginning to worry….I know nothing has changed and Celtic haven’t played yet !

I need to calm down…..

(Still not sure of Thauvin and hope he does not slow the progress of Aarons )

• 59 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:57 AM

this guy better be good after all the time and effort the TOON have put in chasing him

• 60 Jamseyd24 // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:59 AM

So who thinks he will be in Newcastle today?? I will be surprised myself. I still stick to my guns and will say our in comings are finished.

Prove me wrong!!!

• 61 Bambams // Aug 18, 2015 at 8:06 AM

I never thought Cabella would make it, I remember Boro having Juninho who was just as small of build but he adapted. Cabella had a few nice touches but wasn’t as fast as I thought he would be. Knocked off the ball too easily
    Wish him well though if true he is part of this Thauvin deal

• 62 Bambams // Aug 18, 2015 at 8:10 AM

Celtic in for Simunovic…..

• 63 sparky55 // Aug 18, 2015 at 8:10 AM

There’s no way our transfer dealings are finished…we’d be one place above sunderland in 19th Place by January if we stick with what we’ve got and there’s too much money to be lost if we go down this year. Ashley will spend spend spend to ensure we stay up this year for the new SKY bonanza then normal service will be resumed next year as we consolidate and make sure the club makes him 80 million a year for doing nowt.

• 64 sparky55 // Aug 18, 2015 at 8:13 AM

Thauvin and a centre back in before the window closes and Cisse and Sissoko out the other side of the revolving door.

• 65 Harley // Aug 18, 2015 at 8:20 AM

Erdnik, gameiro, Gervinho, maiga, the ones that got away.

The ones we got rivière, cabella, goifran, amalfitano, marveaux, mbiwa, anita, LDJ, gosling.

Graham Carr can spot talent a mile off.

• 66 hibbit // Aug 18, 2015 at 8:24 AM

sparky cover for rb is a must plus a starting lb on top of the players you list plus a lot of dead wood to shift that no one wants the next 12 days should be interesting ?

• 67 Laurent Robert 32 // Aug 18, 2015 at 8:28 AM

Carr may well have 3 or 4 players above some of the players that came in. He’s limited to a tight budget from our obese owner.

• 68 ilovetoon8788 // Aug 18, 2015 at 8:30 AM

Agreed. Carr is vastly overrated and he has made some terrible signings.

• 69 LGFUAD21 // Aug 18, 2015 at 8:37 AM

The Austin thing is funny.

Ferdinand’s “I wouldn’t say we turned the offer down” statement is a weird one with ulterior motive.

It’s clear that a handful of clubs are all playing the waiting game until Austin/contract situation forces their hand.

Austin will panic at the end of the window. He needs prem football to stay in the England squad and he’s being very diplomatic.

Qpr are trying to introduce game theory by essentially saying “there are multiple parties all playing the same game, if you just bid a few more mil we can settle this now or you can gamble it on deadline day and risk wasting all efforts on him of someone else swoops in”

Newcastle response
    “We are no longer interested”
    What Newcastle really are doing is turning the threat around on qpr by taking away their selling power (multiple buyers) because if Newcastle mean what they say, then the other club interested in Austin will have more buying power through less demand.

The whole saga is amazing from a political/psychological point of view.

I’m not too worried as I don’t think we need him, unless Cisse leaves.

• 70 Laurent Robert 32 // Aug 18, 2015 at 8:37 AM

Harley, you can also add players like Matuidi, Bony, Remy in there.

If we’d not have had a dinosaur in charge of those other players you listed, they may well have performed a lot better, which I’m sure they would have.

• 71 Ian Toon // Aug 18, 2015 at 8:40 AM

@67 – What a lazy response – why bother.

What criteria should be used to assess Carr?
    A) By Ashley and
    B) By the fans.
    Or is he just not accountable ?

• 72 sparky55 // Aug 18, 2015 at 8:43 AM

I completely agree but I think there’s a limit as to what fat Lad will fund in one go.

There are gaping urgent requirements (a CB), a lesser requirement for a winger but I think SM has prioritised a player to make sure Mitrovic gets the best of service hence Thauvin, and you’re right…we need RB cover and a LB but I think SM will think we have players that can just about do a job in the time being therefore a lower priority.

If we get a good CB we’re looking much stronger…

RB Janmaat/ anita
    CB new CB/ colo / Lacelles
    CB Mbemba/Dummet / Saylor
    LB Hiadara / Dummet

CM Anita, / Tiote
    CM Winjy / no-one else like him
    CM Colback/Tiote
    Wing Aarons / Thauvin

No 10 SDJ / Perez

Striker Mitrovic / Perez / Arma / Rivi

I have based the above on Sissoko and Cisse going otherwise it is better than I show because Sissoko could move into Winjy’s spot if he was injured and Cisse backs up the forward line…but I’m pretty certain Sissoko and Cisse will go.

If that is the case I think we will struggle badly if we lose Winjy for any reason…there’s no-one in the squad can replace him ATM

• 73 Toon Frenchie // Aug 18, 2015 at 12:17 PM

He’s a decent player but I don’t think it’s a position the club needs to prioritise, the money would be better spent on the defence. He’s also not got a good attitude and would be looking to use Newcastle as a step up to a bigger club as soon as possible I reckon. By the way, @Ed, great blog but I think this every time I read – there’s no S on the end of Marseille! It’s Marseille and not Marseilles. Cheers mate!

previous post: Newcastle Reported Bid For Charlie Austin