The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Alan Shearer’s Bronze Statue – Pictures

4:28 pm, Tuesday, August 18th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 133 Comments

A statue of Newcastle’s great striker Alan Shearer has been completed in honor of the former Southampton, Blackburn and Newcastle United and England international.

The statue was paid for by former Chairman Freddy Shepherd and it was made in China and will be coming to Newcastle in late August.

It looks very good to us.

alan sheaerr 4

The great Alan Shearer

alan sheaerr 3

Designer Tom Maley with the statue

alan sheaerr 2

Tom Maley again

alan shearer 5

Alan’s pose after he scored a goal

alan shearer 1

Alan Shearer did this 206 times for Newcastle

Tags: Alan Shearer · Newcastle News · Other News · Premier League

133 responses so far ↓

• 1 dogfish // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:33 PM

Hello, long time reader first time poster.

I think the thauvin deal isn’t a bad one as long as it isn’t the end of the spending, we need at least one more defender in this window.

I’m surprised so many people on this blog seem to think that it is a central defender that we need so desperately when haidara hasn’t looked at all convincing, I’m not writing him off he just really isn’t ready to relied on as the number one left back and neither is dummett who looked better in the centre in my opinion. Colo has had a lot of unfair criticism and he’s still a decent player and our best centre back. With janmaat sending off its become obvious that we have absolutely no cover for his position so we need another right back also. Ideally we would sign a first time left back a new centre back and a young right back. I can’t see that happening so a left back would be my first choice.

We’ve needed a winger for years so if thauvin is an out and out wide player I’d be happy with that.

Also does anyone know where Perez is going to fit in? He was probably our best player going forward in a poor side with tactics that didn’t suit his strengths at all, he’s 22 it’s not like he’s 18, I think he should be in the team, just trying to figure out where. Maybe in the number 10 role with Gini dropping deeper playing box to box and helping link defense to attack?

• 2 hibbit // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:34 PM

bobby no mate it just makes you as daft as us we all have the same love we all want the best for are love we just all have different ideas on how to get it

• 3 JackButler // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:34 PM

The finger???

• 4 Shadow_Shearer // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:36 PM

The statue doesn’t even look like shearer!

• 5 Jib // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:36 PM

According to the German press the Toon has not given up on Joel Matip who only has 10 months left on his contract and is being somewhat coy with Schalke.

• 6 Shadow_Shearer // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:37 PM

It’s suppose to be one hand in the air!! Not 1 finger!

• 7 Our Toon // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:38 PM

They’ve managed to balls that up haven’t they ahahaha

• 8 JackButler // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:38 PM

Freddy Sheppard may have paid for that, but the question has to be asked.

How much did he pay?

(Hope he kept the receipt)

• 9 Bobbybee // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:40 PM

Nice thought, the statue, but the finger kinda spoils it for me. Maybe he did raise the finger and somehow I missed it every time? Or perhaps it’s a hidden message for Ashley? Wrong finger though. 😉

• 10 Tsunki // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:40 PM

Wrong finger if it’s facing Charnleys office

• 11 John Tudor // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:40 PM

when i turn on my xbox1 with no controller in on fifa15 it runs the goalkeeper animation 4/5 times then the screen darkens a bit help

• 12 Graeme // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:41 PM

It may be we haven’t given up on a defender!!

• 13 Tsunki // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:41 PM

Should have looked at a couple of photos not just one before they went ahead with it. I’d rather have him striking that volley against Everton.

• 14 Bobbybee // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:42 PM

In fairness, bronze isn’t the ideal media for catching a likeness without spending too much on it. Maybe that’s the reason?

• 15 Tsunki // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:42 PM

JT which goalkeeper are you seeing? 🙂

• 16 John Tudor // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:44 PM

krul the ball thru his legs

• 17 Our Toon // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:44 PM

Freddy shepherd paid for it did he? Or is this part of the “hidden costs” that poor old Ashley inherited

• 18 Tsunki // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:44 PM

JT perhaps you should try smearing your x box with peanut butter.. no…wait that’s for catching mice….hang on…

• 19 John Tudor // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:45 PM

its a buggar to turn on

• 20 Tsunki // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:46 PM

JT oh. I see. The Krul one. That’s bad.

• 21 John Tudor // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:47 PM

is it a standby mode with no controller in as i dont have one just a ps3 one

• 22 Toon-Prodigy // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:47 PM

Gangnam Style!

• 23 Bobbybee // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:47 PM

Sadly – for me anyway 🙂 – I have to leave for now. Thank you all for the lively debate, as always it was fun. Catch you all later.

• 24 JackButler // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:48 PM

Any reports on Toney’s debut last night?

• 25 optimistic prime // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:49 PM

Looks like the Lurpack butter man

• 26 John Tudor // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:50 PM

is that adbenour not in 2 fast 2 furious

• 27 Belfast // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:51 PM

Like everyone else I was baffled by the finger when I seen it lol

• 28 John Tudor // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:52 PM

van petrol or summat

• 29 Belfast // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:52 PM

He’s checking what direction the wind is blowing..

• 30 Belfast // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:54 PM

John Tudor sounds like you need a new Xbox.

• 31 Thump // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:56 PM

Shearer did Gangnam Style before PSY, it seems.

• 32 Jib // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:56 PM

Anybody on this blog ever watched the Toon ?

• 33 Belfast // Aug 18, 2015 at 4:59 PM

Jib probably celebrated that way about five times his whole career haha

It was always the hand and everyone knows it. Apart from the sculpture maker obviously.

• 34 Jib // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:03 PM

Double whoops

• 37 Jib // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:09 PM

Double finger for Belfast

• 38 Ravostag // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:10 PM

Has a look of Joe Harvey

• 39 Belfast // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:10 PM

Dig out as many as you want Jib hahaha It was always the hand.

• 40 jaymucca // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:11 PM

Maybe Freddie Shepherd can sell it on to Green Giant. Looks more like the sweetcorn mascot to me

• 41 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:16 PM

Watched the Toon…like the loony toon?

…yes Jeff I watch you all the time 😉 haha

You couldn’t make this up! Priceless!

• 42 Tsunki // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:18 PM

Jeff Google Shearer career goals then how many celebrated with the single finger. See you about 9- ish.

• 43 Tsunki // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:19 PM

I think it’s Han Solo in carbonite.

• 44 Belfast // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:20 PM

Technically Jib in one of those pictures he’s pointing at the crowd not holding his finger upright like he’s about to fart.

You’re disqualified.

• 45 Tsunki // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:22 PM

Careful Jeff, a lot of those single finger celebs are the same goal.

• 46 Tsunki // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:23 PM

Ha ha like that one belfast. Maybe the new number nines should all be taught how to properly announce an impending guff. 🙂

• 47 Belfast // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:23 PM

Actually Jib in all those pictures he isn’t celebrating like the statue is.

You’re disqualified and barred for life.

• 48 archaeomag // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:24 PM

It Doesn’t look like Alan – but his shorts are very well modelled , nice detail on the elastic.

• 49 Blackley and Brownlie // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:24 PM

Shearer’s bronze is saying, “Let me take your coat Sir. The bar’s on the top floor.”

• 50 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:24 PM

Shearer Statue – bloody awful – might end up in Shepherds scrapyard

• 51 Jib // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:24 PM

Belfast
    Dig out as many as you want Jib hahaha It was always the hand.

Except when it wasn’t – apparently.

• 52 Tsunki // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:25 PM

Without doubt the pigeons will fight to sit on that finger and crap on his head.

• 53 Jib // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:26 PM

Tsunki —
    Careful Jeff, a lot of those single finger celebs are the same goal.
    What – he’d changed his shirt and aged 7 years
    You buffoon

• 54 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:27 PM

Jib this one is for you:

• 55 Belfast // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:30 PM

Cheer up Jib.
    If somebody asked you to do the Shearer celebration would you hold your finger in the air like you’re about to fart? Or would you raise your hand in the air?

• 56 ronaldo aarons // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:35 PM

In the second picture, I really think the guy could have chosen a better place to put his hand.

• 57 Belfast // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:37 PM

Boom boom Jib from Google

The former Newcastle and England forward’s celebration wasn’t particularly audacious but its simplicity was effective. With the right hand raised and the head down, Alan Shearer’s celebration came to symbolise striking prowess. While fellow England internationals Peter Crouch (for ‘The Robot’) and Paul Gascoigne (the ‘Dentist Chair’) receive an honourable mention, Shearer gets onto this list for the sheer number of times he was able to perform it – having scored 260 Premier League goals.

• 58 Jib // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:41 PM

Leeds
    Can I ask you
    No one has directed any remark to you
    Why do you get involved and so rudely ?

• 59 Jib // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:44 PM

Ha ha ha
    Belfast has used Google to support his claim.
    How many time have seen Shearer live Belfast ?
    4 ? 5 ?
    Oh none !!!!
    Sorry I thought you were an expert.

• 60 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:44 PM

Jib it was banter and it came regarding shearers finger, it was a joke, lighten up.

Shearer is most know for the hand in the air celebration

• 61 Ron Knee // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:44 PM

Where is Tow-van now? Has he been spotted on Tyneside?

• 62 Mister Tuff // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:45 PM

Should have a “what the statue said” competition.
    My offering:-
    Statue: Jib if you continue to post crap links and erroneus posts this is what you’re going to get.
    Jib: Oooh oooh 2 and 2 is five and the first letter of the alphabet is X.

• 63 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:47 PM

Jib and regarding getting involved last time I looked this is a blog for all Newcastle fans not just you, it’s a place for debate not one way conversations

• 64 Belfast // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:48 PM

Here Jib before I go. A few weeks ago many years after retirement.

Look out for the celebration. 🙂

• 65 Jib // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:48 PM

Truth be told I saw Shearer dozens of times and this is the one that sticks in my mind.

• 66 JackButler // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:49 PM

It is funny who one fan remembers arguably the greatest players in NUFC history completely different to everyone else

• 67 Jib // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:53 PM

JackButler
    Could it be a lot of posters on here have rarely seen NUFC in the flesh ?
    I notice Belfast didn’t rush to deny he’d never seen Shearer live , and you bonny lad , how many times?

• 68 archaeomag // Aug 18, 2015 at 5:53 PM

@ED
    Give that statue a false beard – and it would be quite like Charlie Austin . . .

• 69 Belfast // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:00 PM

Hahaha Jib blow me will you.

I seen Shearer live before we even signed him you pleb. Haven’t been to a game in two years big wow.

I have two children now so they come first. Be interested to see how many games you could afford to go to from Belfast with a family to support.

You don’t even go and you’re a local.
    Cheeky f***** kernt.

• 70 Bambams // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:01 PM

Just got in and to be honest after yesterday’s threads where we were offering fees left right and centre I was hopeful of a signing today, preferably that Monaco CB. …

Anyway my little twopeneth today fellas we have been told we are going to be active in the next two windows as well!

I am positive the powers that be stated three windows and our team will be totally different to what we had last year.

We should have enough to keep us 11th- 14th with what we have currently and in January the targets that are in their last six months will be less than half they are now.

Still have an odd feeling we will get a CB before the window closes never mind what the press say (Thauvin is last big money)

Shearer statue celebration is not how I remembered it…

• 71 Jib // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:02 PM

archaeomag
    Give it a bald heid and it would look like Mr Tuff

• 72 Tsunki // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:09 PM

Aww Jeff TFL being rude? Did he call you a buffoon when Google blew up in his face? It shows you that a search engine can’t give you a real history doesn’t it? I believe Alan dud a gust pump or two as well but nobody remembers those either you tw@hat.

• 73 toon kk // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:10 PM

Just going off those pics, shearer could be looking for compo!

• 74 Tsunki // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:10 PM

Did a gust pump but on reflection dud a gust pump actually fits the bill with the new statue ha ha thanks autocorrect I owe you one this time 😀

• 75 Jib // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:11 PM

Belfast
    Unreserved apologies
    Hats off
    You are a true fan.
    I’ve probably cracked on with you in the Irish Club or Rosies

• 76 Tsunki // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:11 PM

I actually mean fist pump but Autocorrect won’t let me get away with it lol

• 77 Tsunki // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:12 PM

I can imagine you walking into one of those bars Jeff, but.

• 78 sparky55 // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:12 PM

I say we give the finger the finger cos there was definitely more hands than fingers when I saw him score goals.

Speak to the hand Jib

• 79 Mister Tuff // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:13 PM

jib – leave the jokes to me – clearly not your forte ( that means strength).
    I’ll have you know I’ve a fine head of hair.

• 80 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:14 PM

I think Thauvin will be better than Cabella the guy is more direct and looks to deliver a cross rather than want to take extra touches if we get him on the left Haidara will not need to venture forward as much

Would quite like us to look at a loan for some premiership experience if we are not going to be spending big money after this Mikel from Chelsea or Lucas at Liverpool would be ideal for defensive midfield on a season long deal

• 81 Jib // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:14 PM

Bambams
    We are getting Joel Matip .
    Go round to the bookies and put your house on it.

• 82 sparky55 // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:15 PM

or should that have been talk! 🙂

• 83 archaeomag // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:15 PM

….. New Statue provokes fights on line – Daily Mail

• 84 Jib // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:20 PM

archaeomag
    ….. New Statue provokes fights on line – Daily Mail

You got that wrong – provokes massacre
    I blew them out the water

• 85 archaeomag // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:22 PM

jib
    Joel Matip – 6’4″ def mid – we could use the hight.

• 86 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:27 PM

Although I will say a bit worried that everyone in the French media thinks we are getting a raw deal with signing Thauvin!?!?

This happened with Riviere when they said he would struggle in the premiership

• 87 Graeme // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:27 PM

A good article on Thauvin

• 88 Jib // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:27 PM

For those reliant on streams
    This is a goodun for Manure v Brugge tonight

• 89 Thump // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:28 PM

Regarding Abdennour, if we are in for him, I doubt we’ll see him move in this window. I think the general concensus is that while we could use a strong full back, the left wing is an area where we’re severely lacking talent. We have four CBs who can slot in (Mbemba, Colo, Willo, Saylor) and Lascelles who can cover in a pinch. The truth is, while I’d only keep two of them (Mbemba + not Willo for cover), we probably have enough cover there for all but the most FM-like of injury crises.

• 90 Jib // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:34 PM

Cabella having a medical at Marseille

• 91 Offkey // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:41 PM

Jib – in Google translate that says the former Liverpool player……..maybe not that accurate

• 92 Our Toon // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:42 PM

What has seeing shearer in person got to do with knowing his celebration…..In fact what’s it got to do with anything?

Jib you and I didn’t do anything special to have the pleasure of seeing the man week in week out, we were fortunate enough to be from the area, nothing more. Doesn’t male us more of a fan than someone I know in the far east who watches games at 3am or 5am sometimes before he goes to work. We are all equal but some of us fortunate enough to watch nufc at SJP and some us dedicated enough to stop everything and change routines to see there team.

• 93 the broons // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:42 PM

anyone na if the kid who runs the soccer sauce website is a geordie? 9/10 times the breaking news is toon related, some of the rumours have even been more off the mark than what i’ve seen on here before.

• 94 Offkey // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:43 PM

OK ok , read it in french

• 95 Jib // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:44 PM

Offkey
    I’d check your device
    It says the former Montpellier player

• 96 the broons // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:44 PM

If we gonna start name dropping then fine, bet none of yous had big al give yous a cheeky wink.

• 97 Jib // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:45 PM

Our Toon
    Fair points

• 98 Offkey // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:46 PM

Jib – Google translate failed me……not for the first time……my Internet bride has a beard and is called bob

• 99 Online Guy // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:47 PM

This Player is as good as Abdennour ..either one of them will do for me ..Matip is a thoroughbred , classy player. and Abdennour would be a great signing .

• 100 JackButler // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:48 PM

Jib

bonny lad, questioning other fanslike that is pretty pathetic tbh, but just to clarify, seen the great one more times than I can remember, and that’s travelling all the way up from South Wales

• 101 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:49 PM

offkey google translate does say former Liverpool Player

• 102 Jib // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:50 PM

Two mooted potential NUFC managers go head to head tonight
    Derby v Boro
    Paul Clement v Aitor Karanka

• 103 Jib // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:52 PM

JackButler
    That train has left the station
    I have made my appo polly loggies

• 104 Ron Knee // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:58 PM

The article says:
    There can no longer be any doubt that RC will play for OM.
    No longer wanted by Ncle, the French midfielder will have the traditional medical exam on Wednesday (sic) evening at the Commanderie, says RMC. According to press reports, the former Montpellier player will sign on as a loan player with an 8 million euro option to buy.

• 105 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 18, 2015 at 6:59 PM

“Marseille are without doubt receiving the best end of the deal. They are gaining money back on an dreadfully out-of-form player they bought two years ago without ever excelling, plus they are picking up an international and Ligue 1 winner in his place.”

:-/

Very worrying…

• 106 ShirebrookToon // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:01 PM

Looks to me like Marseille have had our pants down on this deal 🙁

• 107 Jib // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:06 PM

A sub plot to all this Marseilles stuff is France is rife with rumours that Zinadine Zidane is about to leave Real Madrid to manage them.

• 108 Ron Knee // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:06 PM

gorgonzola
    Perhaps he’ll turn out to be a great defensive player!

• 109 scottoon // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:09 PM

Regarding the statue if I didn’t know it was Shearer, I would not recognize it as him (fnger up or down).

As for Thauvin this seems a poor deal for the Toon. Big expense for an underperformer who is not an international. Also sending out a player on loan that the new gaffer cannot possibly have properly evaluated, and who is an international. Not to mention the fact that Thauvin is not a CB.

• 110 dok - the horrid colonial // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:10 PM

@ 92,

well effin said

• 111 Jib // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:11 PM

ShirebrookToon
    You couldn’t be wronger (!? such a word)
    more wrong maybe
    Thauvin will have you drooling , his close control is amazing , as is his eye for a pass , he is happy to play any role in the midfield and for a Frenchman his workrate is gob smacking , him and Wijnaldum is mind blowing !!!!!!

• 112 JackButler // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:16 PM

Can someone please explain to me how our board, consisting of McClaren, Charnley, Carr and Moncur, can sit around a table and come to a decision that with the current state of our squad what we really need is an overrated, out of form, lightweight winger?

Surely these four footballing geniuses can see that what we need to is address the reason we concede goals for fun!

Am I reading this whole situation wrong or are the four tops actually happy with that back four???

• 113 scottoon // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:19 PM

Our Toon – the Toon Army diaspora are certainly no less the fans, but we do miss out on the craic that must permeate the city. For us, it is sit down in front of the television each week (we can do that in Canada) to revel in the match, but it is true that we miss the atmosphere before during and after the match. However, this does not make me less a supporter and I resent the implication that I might somehow be sub version.

And if it is money spent that is the proxy, well I have bought about 20 seasons tickets worth in travel to see the Toon, and will do it again whenever possible. And I have only seen them live 3 times so do the math.

• 114 Slank // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:32 PM

Jack @ 112

Shouldn’t you wait until Thauvin actually plays for us before you describe him as an overrated, out of form, lightweight winger?

• 115 JackButler // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:37 PM

Slank

After watching around ten games with him last season, he’s all that I stated, there’s a very good reason he was voted in the worse 11 in French football last season.

People should be worried as we’ve signed two similar players in terms of build, stature and technique in Marv and Cabella, difference being those two came here on the back of good season in France whereas Thauvin has been very poor for a long time.

I find it strange that we are getting shot of Cabella and bringing in a replacement that’s almost an exact replica.

That 12 million would be better spent elsewhere imo

• 116 ShirebrookToon // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:42 PM

Hope your right jib

• 117 Jib // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:46 PM

Sky really are pigs.
    They have changed the frequencies for BT just before the Man U game

• 118 WWSBRD // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:48 PM

Nice statue…where is it actually going?

• 119 JackButler // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:51 PM

WWSBRD

Sheppards scrap yard mate 🙂

• 120 ShirebrookToon // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:52 PM

Sports direct

• 121 JackButler // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:53 PM

Carrick own goal hahahahahaha

• 122 WWSBRD // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:53 PM

JB
    Haha I do find it a bit odd Shepard is doing it if am honest. Is it actually going up at the ground though? Ashley doesn’t like either of them or the fans…maybe he’s going to charge Shepard for it going up?

• 123 Jib // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:53 PM

Man U own goal
    Please do that on Saturday
    Ha ha ha

• 124 jazzyp // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:54 PM

I don’t know whether to start with a judgement or an opinion tonight !!!

• 125 JackButler // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:58 PM

WWSBRD

I have no idea mate, it’s strange I agree, but I also do not understand why anyone would want a statue of Shearer at this point in time to be honest.

If it’s outside SJP how long before Ashley has a SportsDirect logo stuck on it?

• 126 Tsunki // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:58 PM

I’d go with a casual observation to start with or even perhaps a whimsical musing. Then work your way slowly up from there.

• 127 Noel Worst // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:58 PM

Never before have I been pissed off at our club signing a player. Thauvin shmauvin – money down the drain.

• 128 Jib // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:58 PM

Great goal from Memphis

• 129 Ron Knee // Aug 18, 2015 at 7:59 PM

A touch of class.

• 130 JackButler // Aug 18, 2015 at 8:00 PM

What an equaliser.

Someone please tell Michael Owen to pipe down as his commentary is shocking

• 131 WWSBRD // Aug 18, 2015 at 8:05 PM

JB
    Yeah I mean the Bobby one is great but a Shearer one am not that fussed about really. Oh he will be in SportDirect wear upon arrival Id imagine

• 132 IrishMagpie // Aug 18, 2015 at 8:15 PM

I don’t understand some locals lording it over fans that don’t get to games. I was lucky enough to get seeing Shearer play, it was in Bray so I was only a few foot away from him. I’ve been to half a dozen games in England, once an away game v Chelsea and the rest in Newcastle but wont be over again for years, every time I go to a game it costs as much as a season ticket.

Every game I went to was recorded so I could watch it again, I think you see a lot more on TV. Going to a few games doesn’t make me a better or more knowledgeable fan. Deciding not to go any more (family to raise, mortgage to pay) doesn’t suddenly make me worse.

• 133 lochinvar // Aug 18, 2015 at 8:17 PM

Shearer statue – made in China ?
    Would last longer if made in Bronze.
    And how come there was no one in the north-east who could have made it ?
    Shepherd commissioned it so that’s his prerogative.
    If we put it on the pitch might even score from a corner.

previous post: Big Signing This Week – But Newcastle’s Weakness Remains