The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Thauvin – I’m Surprised How Well Organized Newcastle Are

2:26 pm, Friday, August 21st, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 158 Comments

Newcastle’s new £13M signing Florian Thauvin has had his first training session at Benton, and he seems completely delighted at joining Newcastle.

The 22 year-old Frenchman says he’s surprised how well organized the club are – which will probably shock a lot of fans following the complete mess we seemed to be in with John Carver in charge last season.

florian thauvin newcastle

Florian Thauvin – already impressed with Newcastle

But maybe Steve and his new coaching staff have things sorted out quickly – in any case young Florian is very impressed with what he has seen.

This is what Thauvin has said today :

“I’m very happy to be here at Newcastle, and I’m surprised in a very good way to see such a well-organised club here.” “I had my first training session with the team today and it went really, really well.”

“I’m fit and available, and if the manager chooses to select me, I can’t wait to make my debut at Old Trafford.” “It’s a magnificent stadium, a magnificent ground and they are a massive team too in the Premier League, so it’s always an honor and a pleasure to be able to play in such places.”

“When I arrived, the manager and I had a long chat.” “He asked me to be an important player for the team.” “He wants me to get goals, and he wants me to supply goals too.” “But he also wants me to fulfil my defensive duties as well.”

“It’s not a problem for me to have such a high price tag.” “I’m a footballer, and that’s my passion and my job.” “It’s always been my dream to be a footballer in the Premier League, and I’m happy to be here and do that.”

“Learning English is important for me, and that’s a priority,” “I’m going to get some English classes arranged straight away.” “I’m lucky to have so many French speakers here, but I will definitely get out there and learn English because that will be very beneficial.”

We have been very impressed with the youngster since he joined the club a few days ago – and he seems a positive but down to earth lad – now Newcastle’s job is to get the very best out of him as soon as possible – but the passion and determination seem to be there, which is an excellent sign.

Thauvin really needs to learn English quickly, because in his first nufcTV interview he didn’t speak one word of English – so that has to be one priority.

It looks like we may see Thauvin make his debut in the second half tomorrow at Old Trafford – what a place to make your Newcastle debut.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Manchester United?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Florian Thauvin · Newcastle News · Transfer News and Rumours · Transfer Target

158 responses so far ↓

• 1 Ibizatoon // Aug 21, 2015 at 2:28 PM

“I’m surprised in a very good way to see such a well-organised club here.”

Is that not a really odd comment to make?

• 2 JAMSHA // Aug 21, 2015 at 2:29 PM

• 3 Ron Knee // Aug 21, 2015 at 2:31 PM

Says it all!

• 4 Ibizatoon // Aug 21, 2015 at 2:34 PM

Ron Knee….It says something, but I’m wondering what.

Is it as simple as he had heard rumours of how untogether the club is? If so, why did he join?

Or, is this part of something he’s told to say. As in, well, it must be alright if Thauvin says it is!

Just seems a very odd thing for a new player to say for me.

• 5 Ron Knee // Aug 21, 2015 at 2:35 PM

I wonder what Cabella told him.

• 6 DaraghL // Aug 21, 2015 at 2:36 PM

Ibiza –

Hopefully he means it wasn’t very organised in France. Judging by McClarens changes regarding phones etc I wouldn’t be surprised if he has everything to a schedule.

• 7 sweendog // Aug 21, 2015 at 2:40 PM

probably its lost in translation as he was either speaking a foreign language or the translator chose this.
    Mind you the club was a disaster after Charver

• 8 Ron Knee // Aug 21, 2015 at 2:40 PM

Here’s McClaren’s press conference. Sissoko is not sure for tomorrow.

• 9 Ibizatoon // Aug 21, 2015 at 2:41 PM

Ron…Worth pondering.

Daragh…Not sure I follow what you mean? Has McClaren had a phone system installed? 🙂

• 10 Belfast // Aug 21, 2015 at 2:48 PM

Will die for toon army.

Here’s a question for you.

If Charlie Austin was a Newcastle player and had scored 18 goals last season would you accept 10 million if Manchester United bid 10 million?

Now be honest 🙂

• 11 calvinzolamakongo // Aug 21, 2015 at 2:48 PM

Iv come to a decision and i just dont rate cisse atall other than a finish what has he got he cant run with the ball he cant win headers he cant hold up play he cant take any one on he cant cross if he gets pushed wide he has no technique in dribling and passing but he garuntees us 10 goals a season atleast if we had a striker that could do half those things ie whatbwe had in demba and remy we would almost never struggle

• 12 Belfast // Aug 21, 2015 at 2:49 PM

Me personally I would tell them to f*** off.

• 13 LGFUAD21 // Aug 21, 2015 at 2:51 PM

A finish is all you need if you create the chances.

• 14 pawl250 // Aug 21, 2015 at 2:51 PM

Will Die

Sorry but Austin being out for approx 11 games being his only injury in 2011 and Abennour only playing 39 games in the last 3 seasons and counting (still injured now). The comparison is like chalk and cheese.

Abennour is clearly injury prone.

Austin clearly is not.

• 15 JackButler // Aug 21, 2015 at 2:54 PM

Dear Mr. Thauvin, nice to hear from you and I’m glad things are going well, but please understand that we are even more surprised to hear a player say how well organised we are, as for the better part of eight years, we have been a total bloody shambles. Anyway good luck for the weekend and the coming season HWTL

• 16 calvinzolamakongo // Aug 21, 2015 at 2:57 PM

Yeh but imagine how many more goals we would get with a better striker look at how much strikers like aguero costa most of the time suarez etc contribute to their team other than there goals

• 17 pawl250 // Aug 21, 2015 at 2:59 PM

Ba scored 16 goals, was older (approx 27-28 at time), had a well reported dodgey knee, is African (mentioned for the fact he is away during ACN in January every other season) and he was 7m to Chelsea.

Now I know the 7m was a release clause but lets be honest, we would not accept 10m for him if he did not have that clause.

Austin is 26 (just turned), English, scored 18 goals in the PL for a relegation club, he is hardly injured despite reports.

Also if QPR rolled the dice they could keep him in hope his goals will get them back in the PL which would be worth more than 15m transfer fee, even if he were to leave for a free transfer.

I personally think 15m is a snip for the player Austin is and has been in his one season in the PL. Sullivan is a muppet for his comments, and Will Die is just as much of one for believing his comments about Austin being injury prone.

FACT – Austin has only missed 13 games

• 18 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:00 PM

Man Ure are now favourites with the bookies to sign Charlie Austin!!!

• 19 JackButler // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:01 PM

Without Cisse’s goals we would have been back in the championship long ago. He does what he’s paid to do and that’s score goals, he’s not and never has been a link up player, he’s never been a player who golds the ball up to bring others into play, he’s a finisher and he’s the only one we have at the club

• 20 2_goal_tino // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:02 PM

@pawl- agree entirely with you about Abdennour. Don’t understand the hype at all, particularly at that price!!! Would rather Van Dijk, Kalidou Koulibaly, Glik, Knoche the list goes on and on

• 21 pawl250 // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:07 PM

That is impossible to say. If Cisse did not play someone else may have scored the goals. The likelyhood is last season we would have struggled without his goals, but had he not been on the pitch someone else could have scored just as much, or even more.

Its not like you take him out of the team and we play with 10 men with no one replacing him.

He had a very poor x2 seasons between last season and his first half season.

12/13 Apps 36 Goals 8
    13/14 Apps 24 Goals 2

He hardly set the world alight then. What is to say he will not replicate that form opposed to last season?

The words I would use to sum Cisse up is inconsistent and frustrating.

• 22 WWSBRD // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:08 PM

Man Utd? But hes not even good enough for us by all accounts

• 23 DaraghL // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:08 PM

Ibiza –

No phones or tablets are allowed in the training ground nor is swearing. If they are anything to go by it’s likely he has everything well run.

I think he meant it as “it’s very well run I’m surprised in comparison to my previous experiences”

• 24 pawl250 // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:09 PM

I would also argue a better striker would have had more goals. Alot of his goals last year were tap ins. Nowt wrong with that but had he been a better striker he would have not missed the countless other chances he had.

I went to the games, I did not watch MOTD and see the highlights, at times I just think Cisse is lucky and hits and hopes.

Cannot argue about it too much as he does have a strong record, but 1 on 1 I never would say “yep, this is a goal” he would more likely sky it!

• 25 will die for the toon army // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:10 PM

As Lee said we are hard negociators but if I was in Championship amd in the financial mess QPR are in. I wld take it?

• 26 pawl250 // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:12 PM

Austin would be our best striker if he signed tomorrow.

Our current strikers

Cisse – see above, easily our best striker atm though.

Perez – had a decent 1st season, but I do not think he can run the front line on his own. Probably would offer more support in one of the x3 CAM roles.

Mitrovic – Very unproven, and cannot say I am even slightly impressed or excited from what I have seen thus far.

Riviere – Bloke could play all weekend and still not score.

• 27 calvinzolamakongo // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:13 PM

Yeh i understand his goals meant a lot to us i just think we could prob find a striker that cpuld do a better job for like 5 mil honestly think whickam would of been better than him and scored more …granted cisse is in the right place at the time for his goals but alot of the time he isnt in the right place id love to see the amount of crosses we put into the box where he failed to get close to the ball

• 28 pawl250 // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:14 PM

Will Die

What financial mess?

They escaped the fine that was waiting for them, think it was 8m.

They have some mercenaries on the books but no more than we had. We lost 30m in the season in the PL. Parachute payments have went up since then, QPR have sold players which we struggled to do.

They also have a billionaire owner.

Financial mess? I do not think so.

• 29 pawl250 // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:16 PM

If it were me I would role the dice, I would keep him his last year. Hope he gets us in the playoff position or higher.

He may sign a contract, great. If not then we lose him for nothing. But if he managed to get the team promoted before leaving he would have most likely quadrupled (and more) the 15m we would have got when TV money comes into account for next season.

Worst case. We lose him for nowt and stay in Championship. Hardly life ending.

• 30 will die for the toon army // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:16 PM

I feel sorry for Austin and I think he didn’t want to go to Leicester. But with their good start he might go there.

I think Mcca will take him on the final day.

• 31 Belfast // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:17 PM

They don’t have to sell him mate. They want him to sign a new deal.

Last seasons tv money and parachute payments will see them through this season.

If he leaves them they probably won’t get promoted to be honest.

• 32 JackButler // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:17 PM

He’s the best of what we have and he’s the best by some distance. The amount of support he’s had over the past few season is negligible as he was left isolated and feeding off scraps because of the way we played under Pardew.

Tell me, who do we have that can and will or could have scored the goals that have kept us afloat the past few seasons. Perez? Rivière? Did well last season to an extent but neither are natural finishers are they!

Look at his record before NUFC and he’s proven in more than just this league but it’s wrong to expect him to play a style or type of game that he’s never played before.

Yes there are better strikers out there but he’s the best that we have and he never once allows his head to drop

• 33 pawl250 // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:18 PM

Whickham? LOL

The fact Palace paid 9m plus add ons shows what a donkey Pardew is.

Whickham has been a waste of space for Sunderland who must have been laughing to the bank. But you make a valid point for Will Die….

12m Whickham
    15m Austin

Which is the more criminal? Austin is a snip.

• 34 belgrade fan // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:19 PM

Can somebody tell me what is happening with Gouffran?? I saw pics of him on airport with his family, and story that he is a part of a deal for Rolan.

• 35 calvinzolamakongo // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:22 PM

Pawl not saying he is good just saying he would ay better than cisse up top on his own….cisse clearly needs a strike partner or two wide forwards not a no10 ans two wingbacks essentially cpz compared to when we played ba and hba either side of cisse obertan and sissoko do a lot more tracking back which they dont really need to for the formation we play to work

• 36 pawl250 // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:24 PM

Looks at Luuk De Jongs record in the Dutch league, or Alfonso Alonso, or Kezman

Just because a player does well overseas does not guarantee success here.

Cisse had a great first 6 month then simply was awful for 24 month. You can say what you wnat about support but Remy manged alright in same period, and so did Ba.

Only last season has he come close to anywhere near replicating that golden spell on his arrival. Even then he was banned, when to AFCN, and was injured throughout the season managing only 22 games in all competitions.

Thats just over playing all the teams in the PL once at home, nevermind the away games or cup games etc.

I would actually sell him while people think the way you do after last season, get 7-8m and buy Austin for half the price when you knock that money off.

Younger, English, less injury prone, scored more goals in 1 season than Cisse has after 3.5 attempts.

• 37 Tsunki // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:29 PM

Ian stop being a snidey worm, trying to engage you results in yet another little schoolgirl snipe. Why are you offering unsolicited critique over the quality of my posts? Don’t even get me started about the ‘ mostly unintelligible ‘ bit because you tie yourself in knots trying not to appear bitter but not being able to resist getting a dig in or pathetically forging alliances with ‘like-minded’ posters . Leave it alone man and talk about the subject at hand or have a sense of humour. We don’t want the past being dug up again and pasted up as a reminder, do we? I’ll let it go, if you will, but I’ll go back to it if we must.

• 38 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:30 PM

• 39 Our Toon // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:33 PM

What people seem to forget with Austin is that most of his goals came thanks to Zamora and the graft Zamora put in for him. I find it amusing those who compare Austin and Cisse and say Austin is better in the ball etc. Austin struggles by himself, his hold play isn’t muh better than Cisse’s and like Cisse he’s a predator in the box.

The question was if Austin scored 18 goals would you sell hin for 10m? No I wouldn’t, but if he was in his final year of contract, and we were playing in the championship and we are massively behind on FFP and need the money otherwise we get a hefty fine which is more than 20m then yes I’d sell him in a heartbeat for 10m.

Look at all the factors in play. Austin a goal every 180 mins take away his 4 pens and that goes to over 200 mins, Cisse goal every 108 mins take away his pen and it’s 110 mins. Add to that Austin played in an attacking team and Cisse played for pardew and Carver!! Cisse all day long

• 40 JackButler // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:33 PM

He scored 11 goals in 13 games when he came here and was the talk of everyone, then under the tactical genius of Pardew he was switched out wide to pacify Ba who walked away at the first chance, the difference between those other strikers and Cisse is that he HAS scored the goals here in the EPL.

Try and remember that he’s a player being isolated, not the way to get the best out of his natural game as he a completely different striker to both Ba and Remy and that he’s been playing for a very, very poor side.

It’s easy to slate the lad and forget where we are almost certainly likely to be if it were not for him.

Before selling him I’d look at the other bigger issues we have with the squad and strike force and ship Rivière out either on loan or sell him

• 41 Ian Toon // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:34 PM

Snidey worm here- how can I help you?

• 42 JP...from The Rock // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:34 PM

The bookies make any shite up so people bet. They are just as clueless as us to where Austin will end up. Doubt very much it’s at ManUre.

• 43 hibbit // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:37 PM

jack our biggest problem is finding buyers shipping players out is no easy task

• 44 Our Toon // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:38 PM

If we buy anyone from QPR it should be Matt Phillips, if Austin had all the right attributes then more than 1 club would have bid for him. Sullivan was spot in in his assessment of Austin in regards to the big games for qpr, he didn’t show up. I wouldn’t be surprised if alot of teams have looked at Austin and much like Cisse they’ve come to the conclusion that if he’s not scoring he offers very little else!!

• 45 Ibizatoon // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:38 PM

Ian…I thought you were off? I left a couple of posts for you on the previous thread.

For what it’s worth, it’s responses like Tsunkis I was trying to avoid.

• 46 JackButler // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:39 PM

Agree mate, we should be looking at loans with agreement to buy if they work out. Rivière will flourish back in France and the likes of Willo and Saylor would so well in the championship or up in Scotland

• 47 Mister Tuff // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:40 PM

Ibiza – I see you are now being accused of being involved in a conspiracy – and post on here following prompting by “private emails” – I presume from your fellow conspirators who have an agenda to bully certain people from the blog.
    Normally I would laugh at such a suggestion assuming the accuser was having a laugh. However, when it seems apparent that the accuser believes such rubbish, one has to question perhaps that some ulterior motives are at play.
    I ‘m sure the vast majority of posters on here believe you are a decent poster and have no truck with outrageous conspiracy theories from a certain party.
    It is a load of hysterical tosh.
    I was accused the other day by the same party of conspiring, I presume with JFA, that we were planning to get Blackley banned from the blog. I’ve never heard such hysterical tosh in my life, all designed I believe to cause divisions on the blog – why I haven’t got a bl**dy clue.
    Keep your pecker up.

• 48 Jib // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:43 PM

belgrade fan

It transpired that he did not fly he was merely putting his partner and daughter onto the flight.

• 49 Jib // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:45 PM

Do you think it’s hysterical tosh ?

• 50 Ibizatoon // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:45 PM

Tuff….Quite honestly this particular issue has long passed it’s sell by date. I have emails 2 years old on the matter from Ed, yet here we are.

Quite astonishing really.

On the topic of needing to be prompted by private emails. It’s becoming a bit of a theme really. Quite an insulting one at that. I do manage to think and form opinions / ideas all by myself. Surprising as that may be 🙂

Were you not accused of mistreating an animal somewhat recently too? It’s these sort of things that don’t tie in with the actions of an innocent man. I just don’t understand the need to constantly muddy the waters, whilst claiming you want people to move on.

It’s a bit like the club last year, if the intentions are good, why not sing them from the rooftops?

Still, the sun is shining.

• 51 Madmaglass // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:47 PM

• 52 Mister Tuff // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:49 PM

jib – the hysterical tosh is clearly hysterical tosh spouted by a hysterical tosher.
    Mr Tubbs………………………………..OOT
    Outrageous conspiracy theorists…….OOT
    Hysterical toshers………………………OOT

• 53 JackButler // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:50 PM

Are you the Ringleader of the illuminati again 😉

• 54 will die for the toon army // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:53 PM

NO Abdennour NO More signings. Willo is staying.

• 55 JP...from The Rock // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:58 PM

Hmmm seems thats us for this transfer window then…

• 56 will die for the toon army // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:58 PM

If we are staying with wat we have Mcca shld change the system to 3-5-2.
    ………………………. ….Thauvin

• 57 Mister Tuff // Aug 21, 2015 at 3:58 PM

Ibiza – I suspect most bloggers get sick of the feuding and probably it is best to bury the hatchet so to speak. However, it is hard not to retort when sly digs are being aimed, with spite and arrogance.
    I don’t mind having a joke and a bit of leg pulling on the blog, it’s part of the blog, but some folk are way too serious and want to be offended, by even the mildest offering and like to play at being the perenial victim. As the “victim” has recently been spouting “it’s a football blog”.

• 58 hibbit // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:04 PM

will die for…what’s the weather like in uganda today ?

• 59 WWSBRD // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:05 PM

Squad rebuilding I’d say partially there

Big worry at the back though

• 60 JackButler // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:07 PM

Let’s hope we get that one extra player that will go a very long way to turning this club around

• 61 Madmaglass // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:08 PM

Who knows really at this stage! In the link that 2goal tino provided today, 2 or 3 threads ago, there’s a paragraph which alludes to a basic plan of signing 6 players and that the amount to spend in this summer window was 60 million pounds.
    This makes me think that there’s still some left in the kitty but not enough for Abdennour unfortunately but enough for some other candidates.

• 62 Belfast // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:09 PM

Not signing another centre half is criminal like. I’m all for the optimisim and the hmmmm bvave new world, but most folk can see we still can’t defend for toffee.

• 63 hibbit // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:09 PM

if thats the book shut i think we good be in big trouble by january once again just not enough

• 64 toon kk // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:12 PM

A question to all, do you think the 50mil was wisely spent if we already had a strong defence?

• 65 Munster Mag // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:14 PM

It would be an honour and a pleasure to shag his girlfriend, thats for sure and certain. Had to say it. Sorry Flo, me old mate 🙂

• 66 Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:15 PM

Well that’s us fighting down the bottom all season then. No matter what we improve going forward we will ship goals. Brilliant stuff by the board. Useless bunch of tossers.

• 67 Madmaglass // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:15 PM

Guys, feud all you like. Boys will be boys and all that. But I personally much prefer it when you don’t and rate much more your football comments and banter.

• 68 gonufc (Newcastle United Sports Direct Advertising Club) // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:16 PM

Just read about Abeid. Where’s Kets? Didn’t he say he was going to be better than Viera?

• 69 WWSBRD // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:17 PM

toon kk

• 70 hibbit // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:17 PM

toon kk when you say 50m who do you include in that ??

• 71 will die for the toon army // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:17 PM

Its sunny 28 degrees Celsius.

Let me see how Taylor Performs.

• 72 hibbit // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:21 PM

will die… wet and windy 16 c i could do with a bit of that

• 73 DaraghL // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:22 PM

Munster –

She’s a cracker! No wonder he’s always smiling.

On topic, if that is us finished I can’t say I’m not pleased.

Ins: Thauvin, Mbemba, Mitrovic, Wijnaldum

I’d have snapped your hand off for that. Yes I think the defence still needs to be strengthened but I this is half tactics need strengthening so hopefully we can improve with what we have.

McClaren said 3 windows. If we have similar windows in Jan & Summer 2016, we could really be looking good for the 2016/2017 season.

A.S Roma wasn’t built in a day…

• 74 will die for the toon army // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:24 PM

With Sissoko not 100% fit I wld go with and Thauvin not yet known to his team mates.

Darlow, Willo, Tiote, Sissoko, DeJong, Aarons, Thauvin.

• 75 Slank // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:24 PM

I think the carers came for Kets and he is now in his home.

• 76 will die for the toon army // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:26 PM

Hibbit where is that?

• 77 Tsunki // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:27 PM

Ibiza my response could have been a lot worse.

• 78 hibbit // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:29 PM

daragh L big gamble not sorting the back 4 out we leak goals cannot defend dead balls or corners other clubs are wise to this should have been the first thing on the agenda not wait till jan or next season it could be to late then

• 79 hibbit // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:31 PM

north yorkshire jut outside of yarm

• 80 Slank // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:31 PM

will die for the toon army @ 74

What is your rationale for going 3-5-2 ?

Also, do you not think that Mitrovic would be more effective if there were two wingers (Aarons & Thauvin) to supply the crosses ?

• 81 will die for the toon army // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:34 PM

Colo – 6″1
    Mbemba – 6″0
    Taylor – 6″1
    WILLO – 6″4
    Lasceles – 6″3
    Dummett – 6″0
    Janmaat – 6″1.

That is wat ww have in stock.

• 82 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:37 PM

• 83 clinath@ed // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:38 PM

If Austin those to Man U. His England place in next years tournament is secure. Whether he actually plays for the Mancs however, is a different story….

• 84 clinath@ed // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:38 PM

• 85 will die for the toon army // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:43 PM

Thauvin yes but he has jst come. Then I think Mcca takes Aarons as the 3rd winger after Sissoko and Obertan.

Perez put there I jst love the kid and I know he has potential.

• 86 Ibizatoon // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:45 PM

JB…Never have been, still am not 🙂

Tuff…This blog is a funny place.No matter which side of the fence you fall (even if you’re on it) the moment you try and mediate, you are guilty of blog policing. The only way to stay clean is to stay out of it all together. I do wish those who say they want to move on, would allow that to happen. Across the board. It is hard when references keep getting made however, as naturally people will want to defend themselves.

Tsunki…Wasn’t meant as a criticism. Was just pointing out that a post would not have been needed at all if Ian hasn’t felt the need to critique you in the first place. I.E The post could have been avoided.

No doubt it will be claimed as tit for tat, from something said down the line (I.E. blog history).

This is just going round in circles…for a change.

As I said, the sun is shining – I’m out. Have a fun Friday all.

• 87 Rotonda heights // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:46 PM

”Reports claim that Monaco’s Tunisia international Abdennour is the top target, but Celtic’s impressive Dutchman Van Dijk is also wanted. However, moves for either may hinge on offloading Mike Williamson.”
    – – – – – – – – – –

If there is a NUFC footballing god in heaven please dont’ let Charnley screw this up over a paltry 500k. Just give the guy to Leeds, Boro, Brighton.

• 88 Munster Mag // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:47 PM

3-5-2 ? Best of luck with that.

• 89 Madmaglass // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:52 PM

I would like Austin to sign for Newcastle Utd rather than Manchester. It’s been ages since we had an England player coming from our club. Fuels my Geordie pride no end even though I no longer live there.

• 90 Slank // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:53 PM

Rotonda @ 87

I don’t see the connection with having to sell Williamson in order to get Abdennour or Van Dijk as what the club gets in the sale wouldn’t fund the purchase.

• 91 Belfast // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:56 PM

Skunki you seen a bit snappy this weather. Fitting kitchens is quite a stressful job to be fair.

I think he’s just winding you up.

• 92 hibbit // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:57 PM

rotonda….charnley asked boro 2m for a 31 year old in last year of his contract

• 93 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 21, 2015 at 4:58 PM

Slank we need to get rid of Willo to make room in the team

• 94 hibbit // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:01 PM

what we need is buyers and not just for willo far to much dead wood and not much moving

• 95 GeordieTwo // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:03 PM

More comments from Thauvin:
    “I really like those Belgian midget strikers. They fit right in at the club. And the dancing poodles at half time. I’m looking forward to having my hair done by Coloccini as well. This is an exciting new experience for me. I may even play some footy…..” 😯

• 96 Mister Tuff // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:03 PM

Bit disappointed if we are not going to stregthen the defence – that looked on the cards after the Colo contract extension – the club may regret that decision.
    Massive game tomorrow – eyed more than other games across the world.
    Whilst it would be tremendous to get a win – and the resultant top publicity worldwide -I really cannot see us getting anything from the game.
    If there are repeated mistakes by the defence -similar to what has happened so far -the club still have time in the window to rectify it – viz the window still being open for a week or so. Doing nothing would be going back to their erroneous gambling. I’ve no doubt Carr has dossiers on potential targets.
    Hope Mr T plays and that Mitrovich is unleashed.
    A win would really boost our status – but the converse also applies.

• 97 Munster Mag // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:07 PM

Mr T , you dont mean Tiote do you ?

• 98 GeordieTwo // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:07 PM

If we come out snarling like honey badgers we have a chance lads. Scratching and clawing. Mito up front banging some heeds. Belgian midget strikers on with 30 minutes left to knacker some knee caps…..Huzzah!!!

• 99 will die for the toon army // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:09 PM

Abdennour and Vidjik deals are crazy and may not pass thru so Mcca cant guarantee. Mcca jst doeant want to keep our hopes up high and disappoint.

• 100 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:09 PM

When certain posters argue in here it’s like watching a band in concert, they start of with some new stuff and then roll out they’re greatest hits!

• 101 JamesToon // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:10 PM

Mister tuff

really hope mitro starts, he’s an absolute tank, also don’t want us to break the mbemba & colo partnership, put anita at right back.

Need to press them high and attack them and give no space to players like schweinsteiger, schneiderlin and mata, that was the crucial mistake we made against swansea with shelvey

• 102 GeordieTwo // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:13 PM

Famous Ibiza quote:
    Friends, Geordies, countrymen, lend me your ears;
    I come to fong Ashley, not to praise him;
    The evil that men do lives after them,
    The good is oft interred with their bones,
    So let it be with Ashley… The noble McLaren
    Hath told you Ashley was ambitious:
    If it were so, it was complete bollocks……
    Very intense quote that.

• 103 GeordieTwo // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:15 PM

We won’t solve any problems tomorrow on the pitch except by pressing them hard up front. If they get into our soft underbelly in defense it will be a very difficult day.

• 104 Jail for Ashley // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:16 PM

James Toon,
    It was obvious Jaanmat would not play 38 games and that a partnership would have to be broken up when he was out, everybody at the club knows this, why it is not being addressed is because there is not a young RB target with potential sell on value on their radar.

• 105 GeordieTwo // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:18 PM

I fancy a 2-5-3 for tomorrow since we have no proper defenders anyway. Win the midfield battles and attack! attack! attack!!!!

• 106 GeordieTwo // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:19 PM

I like that line “I come to fong Ashley, not to praise him.” Very nice Ibiza….

• 107 Rotonda heights // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:19 PM

it’s one out one in syndrome

• 108 Laurent Robert 32 // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:20 PM

Mag52, I brought it up? Your nose has just grown a bit. I was just following up on your little love-in post about Pinocchio which was very wayward. Maybe Ian/Pushy can write him another letter to let him know how highly you regard his abysmal achievements and dire football style.

Bring it up? Nay. As I said, good riddance to him.

• 109 Rotonda heights // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:21 PM

i think 352 or 343 could work well with colo as sweeper and playing wing backs. why not??

• 110 Laurent Robert 32 // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:21 PM

I hope Thauvin plays tomorrow.

• 111 GeordieTwo // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:22 PM

It’s bold, it’s daring….I like it Rotonda mate!!!

• 112 GeordieTwo // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:23 PM

Beware the soft defensive underbelly…..

• 113 Madmaglass // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:24 PM

That sums it up very well! Got some free time at the mo and dropped in before the transfer window opened to see what might be happening. Something had to happen!!! Very pleased by the signings so far.
    Take good care 🙂

• 114 GeordieTwo // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:26 PM

Clean the dead wood out with the fong bat McLaren. Just get in there and start fonging. Oot the door they go! Obertan, Willo, Tiote, etc. etc. Pull them out of their hiding places and fong them I say!!!!

• 115 Madmaglass // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:37 PM

I still want another defender signed and aiming to keep a clean sheet is a top priority as well as scoring goals.
    Wish we didn’t have such a tough start but it will pass and we’ll be doing much better by October or November. I hope!

• 116 LGFUAD21 // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:39 PM

I reckon any deal will depend on shifting willo and gouffy.

If we can raise a couple of slices of cheddar for those two we’ll sign a CB.

Even if they aren’t good enough. We have too many cbs.

• 117 the broons // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:40 PM

Geordie 2

If Cisse deserves a future at this clubs then so does tiote.

• 118 Rotonda heights // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:44 PM

either formation with honey badgers as wing backs would work a treat.

• 119 Mister Tuff // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:50 PM

Munster – of course I mean Tiote. A fit and up to speed Mr T is a proper footballer. Whilst I accept recent performances have not been up to standard, viz his pirouttes and getting caught in possession on the blind side – Mr T in form is a good player.
    I would hate being chased down by Mr T if I was an opposition player – he’ll not give up.

• 120 hibbit // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:50 PM

the broons … not sure thats how it works so oberton gets a chance at the club doe’s that mean gouffy gets one to

• 121 beefman13 // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:55 PM

The reason we have the best net transfer business in world football in this window is because we haven’t sold anyone yet,” we’ve just bought “, would have thought eh!! come on bills son, got to be worth a comment. the stats will back you up on this one.

• 122 the broons // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:56 PM

Mcclaren said everyone has a new slate under him. Also Gouffran is a player that couldn’t care less about the club more about picking up a salary. Obertan isn’t great but does atleast put a shift in.

Tiote once he gets back to fitness will still without a doubt have a role to play at the club. Cisse gives you nothing apart from the possibility of one bouncing off hsi shin and ending up in the back of the net.

• 123 Klatoon // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:57 PM

Did I see Another Magpie in Uganda on here??? I always thought i was a lone Wolf

• 124 toon kk // Aug 21, 2015 at 5:58 PM

We all know our defence the worst in the premier league, but what about our creative play and cutting edge in front of goal? Isn’t that about the worst as well? Maybe this window is about trying to sort that oout?
    Let’s hope Thauvin can supply Mitrovc, and he’s on the pitch come to that, not serving a suspension.

• 125 will die for the toon army // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:00 PM

u are not alone.

• 126 Take a Chancel on me // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:05 PM

4 Newcastle players in the Dutch squad theres summat new

• 127 Jib // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:05 PM

Are you in Kampala ?

• 128 hibbit // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:06 PM

the broons i dont think cisse or tiote give two hoots about the club and both will be off at the first chance players getting game time should be down to them no one else

• 129 Tsunki // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:06 PM

Well I see the rumblings of yet another blame fest for Cisse, someone whose goals in his first season indicate nothing more than a collection of flukes and fortunate timing. I remember Alan Shearer spending months without a goal to his name, isolated by a retreating midfield and no effective strike partner and reduced to backing into defenders at the 30 yard mark. Cisse has suffered at the hands of a lousy tactician and a clueless midfield where a decent cross is as frequent as Xmas and nobody can work the ball into the box for fear of a devastating counter attack. I don’t know what striker you want to replace him with that will spend every game picking it up from the halfway line and running it into the net. The guy is getting the less nice end of the stick handed to him by one of the shoddiest midfield units in the league, give him a chance under McLaren at least before writing him off.

• 130 ilovetoon8788 // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:07 PM

though we have paid alot of money for players, Mitrovic and Thauvin are a gamble. there’s no guarantee that they will turn up good. so far mitrovic is disappointing but we are all yet to really see him.

lets hope our new signings turn out to be any good at all. and not like cabella whom we all were hyping so much last season when he signed. he turned out to be shi* really.

• 131 ilovetoon8788 // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:10 PM

@Tsunki // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:06 PM

i don’t understand posters slagging cisse off. strikers job is to score and he’s the only one who actually offers us any hope of scoring last season. and this season he has already scored.

its just that his play is not that pleasing as he doesn’t close down players etc so much. but he thrives when he gets service. he knows how to put the ball in the net. he’s defintely our no.1 striker and one of the best no.9 we’ve had since Shearer.

great player, Cisse.

• 132 Noel Worst // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:15 PM

Shelvey in a wig will be our saviour!

• 133 will die for the toon army // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:22 PM

I think football has changed a player has to be multi purpose.
    1. Krul is a good goal keeper but lucks creativity.
    That’s how football these days.

• 134 Ian Toon // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:26 PM

Tsunki67Ian Toon // Aug 21, 2015 at 1:29 PM

Munster- I have to say I do read Tsunki’s material. Much is incomprehensible but I knew what he was getting at this time- LOL

It’s the snidely worm here again. I put a LOL on the end. I was having a larf. Lighten up.

• 135 Tsunki // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:28 PM

Certainly midfielders need to be multi purpose these days. But it’s asking too much for strikers to be defenders and vice versa, unless its an all hands on deck scenario. I wouldn’t expect Cisse or mitrovic to use their energy tracking back all the time, or Mbemba and Colo wandering upfield all the time.

• 136 Tsunki // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:35 PM

OK Ian, fair enough. I’m obviously having a tough time getting the vibe from the printed word.

• 137 Fostino // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:36 PM

Jannaat demba dummett haidara

Thauvin sissoko de jong wini Aarons

Perez to come on

• 138 Belfast // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:36 PM

You snidey worm get back in the muck

• 139 Mister Tuff // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:37 PM

Snidey worm ——-booohooo booohooo.
    Infamy infamy, they’ve all got it in for me – they’re all conspiring to get me -booohoo boohoo.
    Get a grip of yourself man and stop behaving like a juvenile tart and stop your blog mischief.

• 140 Belfast // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:37 PM

It’s fitting them kitchens you’re losing it

• 141 Tsunki // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:37 PM

If Thauvin does play tomorrow, and almost inevitably underwhelms in what is bound to be a tough game to make a mark, I wonder what the consensus will be tomorrow night about our new signing. Or signings.

• 142 Tsunki // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:38 PM

Belfast. Kettle, pot, pot, kettle…. 🙂

• 143 Belfast // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:41 PM

I’m actually looking forward to this game for some reason. Still can’t stand that lot all these years later.

• 144 Belfast // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Small critique Skunki you’re snidey worm comment was very wormist.

• 145 Tsunki // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:44 PM

I voted draw tomorrow. No idea what came over me.

• 146 Tsunki // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:45 PM

I thought it was a bit Wormist too. I guess I’ve got a lot to think over.

• 147 Fostino // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:46 PM

At least it won’t be an unchanged team. Appalling at Swansea.

When are the other deadwood players leaving…marvo…vuckic….goofy..elliot no replacement needed for those

I think if we sell Willo. .we’ll get aymen. Please someone take him

Replace riverie and cisse with austin at Xmas

We need young rb. Can we get Santon back 🙁

Loan out lascalles and the squad complete

• 148 will die for the toon army // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:51 PM

Charnely shld put the icing on the cake with a signing of a defender. You said 6 players we want 6.

Fingers crossed for Abdennour and Rolan.

• 149 Toon-Prodigy // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:55 PM

I see De Jong is in the squad for the game tomorrow.

Must of shaken that sore shin off haha.

I’v got us down as a loss but I would love to see a win and a performance to really kick this season off for us.

• 150 Belfast // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:57 PM

Well let’s hope De Jong doesn’t sneeze this evening he might tweek a back muscle

• 151 OneAlanShearer // Aug 21, 2015 at 6:58 PM

Had long think about the man u game and initially thought 352 was a disastrous idea with Shaw and the new Italian full back crossing in constantly but thinking about it unless they play fellaini up top they only really have Rooney on the end of those crosses. Maybe it’s our best form of defence, all out attack. We will most likely get a pasting but who knows.

• 152 the broons // Aug 21, 2015 at 7:00 PM

Therefore you’re admitting cisse shouldn’t be in the team. Haven’t seen anything of mitrovic however I know that a lad that costs 13 million should be in ahead of cisse as he is currently worth about 4.

• 153 OneAlanShearer // Aug 21, 2015 at 7:03 PM

Will die – I suspect we have bids in for players and unless clubs decide to take our relatively low ball offers we won’t sign anyone else. My reasoning was the 2 snippets I caught about austin and Matip..Both in last year of their contract..Both I’ve read we bid about 10 million for which is obviously less than their clubs want but perhaps they will cave in rather than lose them for half that in January or zero next summer….that’s what I think he means by they aren’t working anything but never say never. If none of them cave in we probably go as we are though.

• 154 Blaydon-Toon // Aug 21, 2015 at 7:04 PM

Onealanshrarer Fellani is banned tomoz

• 155 Tsunki // Aug 21, 2015 at 7:05 PM

Just so you know, I am shaking my head at the Cisse should be dropped from the team and an unproven striker whose got more yellow cards than minutes playing time should be on instead idea, because of his perceived market value. Still shaking the head….

• 156 OneAlanShearer // Aug 21, 2015 at 7:12 PM

Blaydon – then I hope we go down that route as I wouldn’t want to rely on our makeshift defence keeping it tight

The 3 in defence is obvious but midfield 5 I’d go with

Sissoko WIJNALDUM colback sdj Thauvin

Perez Mitrovic

The direct running of Wijnaldum and sissoko on the end of passes from thauvin and sdj plus the arial threat of mitrovic and Perez threat may just keep them busy…play a high line and hope Mbemba’s pace counters their runs in behind.

• 157 Ian Toon // Aug 21, 2015 at 7:13 PM

Belfast – De Jong could well have had shin splints. Trying to catch up on a fitness programme and over done running.

• 158 Moonraker15 // Aug 21, 2015 at 10:15 PM

Fcuking he’ll sometimes when I check out this blog it makes me feel depressed with the negativity around our team.
    Ffs cheer up some of ya pleeeeease !

previous post: Newcastle Move Step Closer To Signing Aymen Abdennour