The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

McClaren Considering Appeal Against Mitrovic Red Card

5:53 pm, Saturday, August 29th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 85 Comments

Andre Marriner sent off Serbian International striker Aleksandar Mitrovic today after only 16 minutes and that was the game right there – and it was the second time in three league games we have had a player sent off in the first half of the game.

As Steve McClaren says it’s difficult to win PL games when you only have ten men on the field.

aleksandar mitovic recieved red card

Aleksandar Mitrovic getting red card

The 20 year-old Serbian will now miss three matches and we’ll have either Papiss Cisse or Ayoze Perez to come in – so art least we have good cover in that striker position this season.

This is what Steve McClaren said after the game about Mitrovic:

“He is gutted about that.¨ “He is a young player and has to learn. He’s a good player but I know him well.¨ “There is no intent in anything he wants to do – he just wants to win the ball.¨

“He is a winner.” “Very harsh.” “I hope I can appeal.¨ “No doubt we will lose it.¨ “We want to and I have looked it over and over.¨

¨You often get a lot of gauge on decisions from the players – and there was quite a few Arsenal players who seemed surprised.”

In fact the commentators on NBC Sports Network said Mitrovic will get a yellow card for that when it happened – they were wrong.

And at half time in the studio both analysts said it should have only been a yellow card, and added that the referee has ruined the game as a spectacle.

If Newcastle do appeal we have to be careful because if the FA considers the appeal frivolous,  they could put an extra game on the suspension – to four games.

It was not a malicious challenge at all in what Aleksandar did, it was just very clumsy – and hardly a straight red card – but we don’t think we would win an appeal..

And we know the referees don’t have to answer to anybody when they mess up – maybe Marriner will get a Championship game in two weeks time, after the International break.

The referee made the biggest play of the day today at St. James’ Park, and basically ensured Newcastle would lose – and there’s something very wrong when that happens in football.

And it made it that much easier for Arsenal to get the 3 points, although the Gunners still struggled to score playing against 10 men.

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Poll · Premier League · Suspensions

85 responses so far ↓

• 1 Nufc-83 // Aug 29, 2015 at 5:54 PM

Any team would struggle with 10 men against an arsenal side who keep possession for fun against 11. We will do ok this season as we are still lacking quality to be a threat to the top 8 but will be easily safe from relegation. Need a cabaye type of cm desperately.
    For next game I would go with Perez up top with thauvin and sissokho alongside him. Tell the team to get up the pitch no excuses now as we are playing West Ham.

• 2 Jail for Ashley // Aug 29, 2015 at 5:58 PM

Always wit da drama, who is enjoying the defeat, I personally am gutted and very disappointing in Mitrovich when I rang up my mate to find out the result if you stop pretending to be so anti Mike Ashley yourself you might be a bit more believable with your drama.

• 3 stuart no9 // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:02 PM

Never seen anything yet that suggest we are Going to do well this season. 7 shots on goal all SeaSon . Been out classed in 3 games Can’t see any signs it’s going to get better

• 4 Bambams // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:05 PM

It’s stone wall never a red !

No intent whatsoever and the Ref had a nightmare.

Three fouls by the Arsenal were just as bad as Colo but no card.

The ref was shocking

• 5 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:09 PM

Hmmm intent? Hmmmm very hard to tell

• 6 geordieboy83 // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:10 PM

Problem with the red card is
    It wasn’t a red to begin with.
    Had little old Walcott done a challenge of similar ilk there’s no chance in hell he would’ve been sent off. It’s an absolute farce. And coquelin imo deserves to be hit very hard in his next outing, jumping and rolling all over the place. He’s an embarrassment. And gini got booked for apparently waving an imaginary card? I’m sure alexis did the same thing in first 20 minutes so where was his yellow card

• 7 cyprus // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:11 PM

Steve, appeal won’t work, though it should have been a yellow. If that were Rooney, a strict talking to 🙂

• 8 Ron Knee // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:12 PM

We’re witnessing the results of years of mismanagement and under-investment. True, we’ve got three decent new players – and Nitro – but Ashley needs to do a lot more in this window. I can’t take comfort from two points from a possible twelve.

Do you think we’ll be able to beat West Ham?

• 9 Bambams // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:12 PM

We would of had another hiding had circumstances been the same under the two previous egotistical head coaches

• 10 TheToonKing // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:12 PM

do you remember when an appeal was actually won ? i don’t.

• 11 JDdubai // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:12 PM

Whether its a red or yellow as soon as you go over the top of the ball and ur studs go down someones shin you run the risk of a sending off.

Mitrovic has brought his reputation by possibly getting sent off in 3 of the 4 games so far so he has to live with the consequences. For me he should be on the bench u til the team can trust him to behave and stay on the field. I think he will be a good player eventually but at the moment he is a liability.

Will this force the hand of the owner to go for Austin??

Otherwise the team battled well, think last season this would have been 4 or 5 nil. Just wish we would give ourselves the best choice to get a win, West Ham looks tricky now after their result today too.

• 12 SPRINGY // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:15 PM

if thats what gini got booked for ya ryt coz everytime sanchez went down he was waving the imaginary card…done my on last page and mentioned the way they went on all game utter disgrace

• 13 Bambams // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:16 PM

Intent is easy to prove.

Look at the whole situation and the short time factor. He tries for the header, the ball is loose. He tries to control the ball but it moves. He did not have the time for any intent, it all flows and his eyes are looking for the ball. Once your foot is raised he brought it down. No change in direction, no deliberate intent.
    Yellow at worst.

• 14 toon kk // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:17 PM

Considering disputing the red card? Of course it was a red. He should have two to his Newcastle career. The man needs to get his head sorted out.

• 15 SPRINGY // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:19 PM

done my review#…ooops

• 16 Bambams // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:22 PM

Fella he is 20 years old and trying to impress his club. His tackles in the past are strikers tackles. Coming off the bench and trying to impress. Over eager not violent.

Let’s judge him after a season not two ten minute appearances one league cup and a game against the Arsenal.

He is trying to live up to our number 9s…

Howay let’s give him some slack.
    If he is sent off in next ten games and it’s deserved I will wear donkey ears. It’s too early and not consistent ( mariner) to judge him

Let’s be patient and fair

• 17 Thump // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:22 PM

@toon kk: Then why wasn’t Sissoko sent off for the same thing?

• 18 Shadow_Shearer // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:24 PM

Haven’t seen it myself, but if gigi is booked for waving an imaginary card, im sure arsenal players deserve a booking for rolling around ten times, screaming in agony pretending to be injuried. Futher more arsenal players wave an imaginary card half a season!

• 19 mickalfas // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:24 PM

If the style of football SM’s aiming for is to be played off the park and try and nick a goal here and there ,he’s a success in my eyes
    Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to say we were all over them today !!Whoever we were playing

• 20 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:24 PM

Hmm I disagree, only Mitrovic knows what he was intending on doing. He has previous, he tried to stamp on Neil Taylor

• 21 toon kk // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:25 PM

Pardew on ssn saying he’s pleased to have a chairman at Palace that understands what he wants and the players he needs to take them forward. He didn’t have that luxury here.
    Having said that he shouldn’t have signed up to be a yes man for Ash

• 22 Bambams // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:26 PM

Toon KK

Rarely I bite. Red card for that. ….
    You obviously have your opinion and I won’t disrespect that.
    I played at an excellent level in the past and on the pitch it was known as ” the ref bought it”
    He lasted the full game, he scraped his shin pads but still felt he had to roll on the floor.

No Sir that was not worthy of a red and the Arsenal player played the Ref

With respect.

• 23 SPRINGY // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:27 PM

i mentioned a few weeks back that bigger clubs get away with pressurising the ref by constant moaning,diving and waving the “imaginary card”…but they are to spineless to book them….sanchez done it today there were 2 players dived for man utd which the ref seen coz he waved them pleas away…so if it was’nt a foul,why were’nt booked for simulation?…and why was’nt sanchez booked today for the “imaginary card” even tho the refs have stated they were going to…..coz they are spineless unfortunately

• 24 martoon // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:27 PM

Arsenal are the most disgusting team I have ever seen – if they are touched they go down as they have been shot and as soon as the player gets a yellow card they jump up again with absolutely nothing wrong with them.
    The referee backed himself into a corner by the first card to Sissoko for merely out muscling the other player – from then onwards he produced a card for nearly every foul with no discretion whatsoever.

• 25 Mag52 // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:28 PM

For me, we’ll improve as the season progresses. I reckoned five points from the first eight games, and I still stick to that.
    It’s going to be a season of surprising results, as the lesser teams park the bus and hit on the break against the big boys. An effective tactic and one that seems to cause them problems. Ignore possession statistics, it’s results that count.

• 26 anthc // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:28 PM

The ref was a disgrace coquelin could’ve had two yellows had the ref been consistent. He lost it when he booked sissoko for a nothing challenge 5 mins in. After mitrovic went I thought it was gonna be a painful afternoon but the lads performance made it an easier pill to swallow.
    I thought thauvin was really good today ran his socks off and beat a man or two with ease. Gini had a good game too. He had the knack for getting out of some tight spots when surrounded. All in all a drastic improvement from last season and hopefully we’ll get better.

• 27 Bambams // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:30 PM

Fella I cannot give an account of what was in his head.
    I am experienced in what I do and my insight.
    I respect your opinion and would not dare challenge.
    For me the short timing and circumstances dictate.
    I will stick to this in the hope that the FA see sense.

Respect fella

• 28 toon kk // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:30 PM

Sissokos foul caught his foot, Mits came right down his shin, also Mits being watched by refs for the dirty player he is, and has actually confessed to by saying that hell kick players back.

• 29 gaz 44 // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:32 PM

Bambams couldn’t agree more, hit his pads and rolled around like been shot. All in one movement where his eyes don’t come off the ball.. Watched in a pub in Leeds and all Leeds fans I was with agreed yellow at worst.. These pundits saying at least ref was consistent .. Rubbish, gini yellow for imaginary card booked, Sanchez not… Sanchez not booked for a late challenge minutes late I think it was Anita who got one… Andre was dire today, very poor ref

• 30 Shadow_Shearer // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:35 PM

Ten men newcastle showed bravery against twelve men arsenal

• 31 SPRINGY // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:35 PM

im sure its not the first time he been shite…..when i seen his name as ref….thought i dont like him for some reason….now i no why!…sure he’s stitched us up a few times now…not that i can remember like

• 32 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:37 PM

Am not having a go mate but I certainly dont think its as straight forward as u are making out. I think Mitrovic’s temperament has a very large question mark above it

It could of been a yellow today but his previous two yellows equally could of been red’s. The FA will stick with the decision because they are within their rights too and it can be seen as teaching a dangerous young player a lesson…which may not be a bad thing

• 33 gaz 44 // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:38 PM

I thought the same. Same ref that sent wrong arsenal player off that time aswel.. If these are the best the prem can get I worry

• 34 SPRINGY // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:39 PM

if they appeal his red card,and it fails does he get an extra game ban?…whats the crack?

• 35 Reyantoon // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:42 PM

We just played 4 games,two of which against a top four team,and some written off everything-
    Our performance and spirit is still excellent.
    Mitrovic was unlucky today because for some ref’s,that was just yellow.Unfortunately,for today’s moron refree Mariner,happened to be red and ruined the taste of the game,no doubt about that.
    All our players performed very well with great commitment and fighting display.Wijnaldum today was absolute class.The best performance i ever saw from him since he signed for us.
    But my man of the match was Mbemba.
    Was superb today at the back,with beast and
    leadership character.Overall,haven’t dissappointed by the defeat or the tackles made because most of them were spot on.We will bounce back,without a doubt!!

• 36 Bobbybee // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Jail for ashley, the biggest drama queen name you could possibly use. Ha, what a muppet. I didn’t mention names, but notice you went straight on the defensive, which, as they say, if the cap fits etc. I’ve been no Ashley fan in the past, but haven’t allowed him to dominate my life – unlike some, who’ve let it get to them in such a way it’s comical. You don’t support the toon, you just hate one man. You’re becoming irrelevant day by day. Ashley is not NUFC, he’s just another in the long list of owners who’ve took out more than put in. That said, he’s giving Macca another 100 million in the next two windows, so he’s seeing where he went wrong and is now trying to put it right. It’ll never be enough for the likes of you though, because as your name implies, you can’t change your stance. Bitter and twisted and unlikely to change. Like a dinosaur – and we all know how they worked out. You continue with your anti Ashley/anti Toon stance by all means, whilst the rest laugh at you. Away to watch the spurs game and have interest in what you have to say and never will. Boring.

• 37 toon kk // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:44 PM

exactly, I think a lot of refs will be keeping a close eye on him all season.
    I still think he’s a dirty player. I thought Tiote liked picking up the cards but Mitrovic is showing us how to do it properly.

• 38 SPRINGY // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:44 PM

a non football related question about something thats doing my heed in!…….on my samsung phone my search history has developed symbols appearing at the start of words and in between like this………nufcblog….any idea’s anyone how to shift it but its a pain in the arse and cant delete my history for some reason…..any help would be appreciated

• 39 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:48 PM

toon kk
    I am not convinced he is a dirty player yet but there are worrying signs thus far and if I was a ref I would be watching him

• 40 SPRINGY // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:48 PM

bollicks has nt shown up!….arrow pointing left then the letter b then arrow pointing right…….im probs not using the right words for these symbols but hopefully use understand what im meaning!

• 41 toon kk // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:50 PM

buy a hammer! !!!! Ha!

• 42 Shadow_Shearer // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:51 PM

If only mitrovic could score goals as fast as he can pick up bookings, he would be the leagues top scorer

• 43 Lucky Les // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:51 PM

Heard at the match today from a united fan
    “That Arsenal centre half is no angel”
    Name of centre half. Gabriel!
    I laughed

• 44 SPRINGY // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:53 PM

toon kk
    will do if it keeps pissing me off!!!!!lol

• 45 Jail for Ashley // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:55 PM

Not on the defensive at all, just that I’d read all the days comments and couldn’t see anybody happy that we’d lost and I’m correct in pointing this out to you, to say you’ve no interest in what I say is also wit da drama, you read all my posts, you just don’t like them.

• 46 geordieboy83 // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:56 PM

To top it all off now wenger is saying it’s not easy against ten men as our fans were putting pressure on him and swayed decisions our way. Sigh

• 47 Online Guy // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:57 PM

The way to beat arsenal is not to dive in on tackles 50/50’s yes ok go in ..but sneeze on an an Arsenal player and they will go down like they have been shot.

The way to beat Arsenal is to catch them on the break as the fullbacks always push up and the space behind them should be exploited by our wide men, if we catch them on the break there is loads of space behind their fullbacks.

As I’v said you don’t dive in against Arsenal ,you force them wide into a dead end .. when they are camped in your half ..that’s when they are vulnerable when they loose it..their full backs high up the pitch is made for Thuavin and Sissoko

I suspect a lot of trouble at tomorrows game and at least one sending off… and plenty of Newcastle players getting booked .

A major worry I have for the game is the fact that Howard Webb will pick the referee for the game and give him a pep talk …and the man is a f***ing cheat..

The BBC did not do us any favours on the first game of the season highlights ..playing Coalback’s tackles at the end in slow motion when he was getting stuck in and trying to win the ball against a Southampton player , it was on the same player and he had three attempts but the BBC slowed it right down and made it look bad .and played it over and over ..

You have to ask yourself why and who is the London biased producer that decided that was going to be shown..and also Mitrovic’s badly timed tackle ? played to infinity at the end ..making him look bad …

The big question is Why ? when there was so many elbows to the head ..dangerous..and over the ball tackles ..ankle breakers , by Liverpool players in the Stoke game shown just before the Newcastle game ..

They did not focus on them and they were dangerous and deliberate ,,I suppose the Liverpool love fest is ongoing and the detestable BBC pervs don’t mind putting the boot in to Newcastle United .. Why ?

Please cut and paste this and just see how close I am to how tomorrows game is going to go I stand to be shot down ..but I stand by the above .

We are not just playing the opposition nowadays ..we are playing against the ref.

• 48 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:57 PM

Is being anti Ashley the same as being anti NUFC now? I think I missed that transition

• 49 toon kk // Aug 29, 2015 at 6:58 PM

Maybe he just gets caught up in the occasion.
    I think there’s a lot of frustration in their an he is just too keen to impress. In other games players will know this and draw fouls.

• 50 geordieboy83 // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:00 PM

I do need to say Imo some ppl need to give there heads a shake. Other than Swansea how can’t certain posters see a huge difference in our commitment and tactical nous. We would’ve been spanked last year in these 2 games but showed immense fight and tried to still play footy. Yes it would be nice to say we played well and trounced someone but arsenal and Man United ffs come on. 2 cracking performances imo and more to come.

• 51 SPRINGY // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:00 PM

as we all know wenger is full of shite…he’s probably sayin that to try and level out how one sided that ref really was for them to day… sure the ref will have pride of place sitting next to arsehole wenger on plane on the way home

• 52 Jail for Ashley // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:01 PM

Aperently you are not allowed to support the team not the regime any more, it has to be a total commitment to everything Mikey does, as he knows best, well he must do he’s a self made billionaire. If only I’d known we’d be spending 50M in each of the next two windows I’d be singing his name from the rafters !

• 53 Big Pappa Cissé // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:04 PM

My main worry under McLaren is it seems to take us 20 minutes of sitting back and soaking up pressure before we start to play football .

Very strange .

• 54 Online Guy // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:05 PM

Why don’t you just F****k off the blog ..your an ar-se-hole Sunde**nd supporter . and your transparent . what a dick

• 55 toon kk // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:08 PM

We definitely look a much stronger side and work harder as a team, but we need more real pace. Thats why teams like Swansea and Palace cause so many problems to others.

• 56 geordieboy83 // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:08 PM

Big pappa cisse

I think we can only judge that when we play teams we are expected to beat tbh mate. This 4 games we attacked saints from the off, Swansea didn’t hsppen, and arseholes and United he approached correct imo.

• 57 Reyantoon // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:09 PM

And oh,i forgot,people slagging Pardew 🙂

• 58 WWSBRD // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:10 PM

toon kk
    It could be that he was fine at Old Trafford but poor at St James crowd may have too much of an impact on him? Hopefully he will get it knocked out of him during training but he has said he is an eye for an eye player previously hasn’t he?

Oh dear I will have to sack off all the NUFC stuff I have then since am not allowed to support them anymore! That’s a shame like. 100 mill over the next 2 windows? Who are we selling to get that money?

Haha fair play though if the club can make that in profit to allow us to spend because I don’t see Ashley spending any of his money

• 59 geordieboy83 // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:10 PM

Toon kk

I think with thauvin and socks we’ve got the pace it’s just a work in progress mate.

Plus sides for me today collo, mbemba and haidara looked quality

• 60 toon kk // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:11 PM

Sometimes the truth hurts dick head.
    Anyway im off for a pint.

• 61 toon22 // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:12 PM

Anyone know who our next ref is?
    As it seems more relivant than the other team, if this keeps up the entire league will fall into absolute farce.

• 62 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:12 PM

Jesus Palace beat Chelsea 🙁 Pardew will be on cloud cockoo land 🙁

• 63 Online Guy // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:14 PM

Just testing..enjoy your pint.

• 64 lochinvar // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:14 PM

Last week Wenger wanted TMO TV coverage for matches.
    Don’t suppose he asked again this week did he ?
    Mark Hughes is talking about appealing Stokes reds.
    If we do the same it will be interesting to see how the FA respond.
    You have to think the refs are determined to force the issue by continuing to make deliberately bad decisions in the hope that the FA will introduce TV replays to take them out of the firing line.
    Rugby and tennis matches are no less entertaining and football is now on the dark ages by comparison.
    And Arsenal – it’s a ten from Len and not from the first time.
    I can only hope that Man City wipe the floor with Arsenal , Chelsea and Manure.

• 65 Munster Mag // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:17 PM

Good article really toon and Ashley earlier. Fat man has done well this summer and needs to be given credit for once. Same for Charney. Anyone know motd playing order tonight?

• 66 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:19 PM

We still two to three players short for this season.

A commanding CM, same for CB and a RB or LB.

I think we get them in we will def see a huge improvement. We playing West Ham away next? Dear ow dear God help us.

• 67 Jail for Ashley // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:21 PM

I think we’ll get better as we go along, if Mashers is good for these promises people say he’s made then there will be a feel good factor about the place. You have to take in to account that we were absolutely woeful last year and that can’t be put right overnight coupled with the fact that there has been four first team players added in a long drawn out transfer window, the shambles of a pre season can’t have helped either.

• 68 Lucky Les // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:22 PM

toon 22
    IMHO the two best refs are Oliver and Clattenburg both of whom are I understand North East lads and therefore not able to referee our games

• 69 toon kk // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:23 PM

will do, at the end of the day I get p—ed off when we loose and have to blame something.
    Never mind!
    I’m off for me beers.

• 70 Jail for Ashley // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:23 PM

I’d hang fire with the cap doffing till 22:59 on Tuesday night, we could well see Williamson and Cisse sold at the last minute without replacement !

• 71 Jib // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:25 PM

Spurs 0 Everton 0

• 72 Jib // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:26 PM

Jail for Ashley = Negative Pr7ck

• 73 gaz 44 // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:26 PM

Really have to take my hat off to ashley and co.. My problem is if it was done 2\3 year ago we wouldn’t be so far behind.
    We now have to spend similar over the next two years, not a fan of big spending in January to be fair.. But if we hadn’t saved pennies and risked it all on signins such as amfaltino and marveaux who were just cheap risks then we could be a top 4 team

• 74 Jail for Ashley // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:28 PM

Jeff= drunken foul mouthed lout, thinks he knows it all while not knowing anything !

• 75 will die for the toon army // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:31 PM

Football is becoming boring with this boring referees. Let the boys play football. Its a game for men.

For the team its so good defensively, MA bought a bus for NUFC too. Ots attacking thats worrying. Sissoko isnt yet himself wen our attacks always started with Sissoko or Perez. We have to find a way to do it.

We shld work on attack. Now I believe we are going to be hard to score. But we shld realise the teams we have played have no aerial threat.

• 76 eaststandgeordie1982 // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:40 PM

Just back in from the match, ref spoilt the game today but lets not take anything away from the lads they played their socks off today and played as a team defending and attaking shame the final ball was poor or was not played. Great team performance today we look a solid unit and it took a deflection to beat our 10 men. Mariner should never ref a prem game again.

• 77 Online Guy // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:46 PM

I’ going to have a pint myself later ..I’m as pissed off as you . enjoy it

Howard Webb picks the refs and we are in for a hiding from refs this season as they will all worry about the next job from Howard ..and if he sees them persecuting Newcastle he will be one happy man ..he’s a cheat and hates Newcastle United ..

Look at Howard Webb’s Vid on you tube, a compilation of his cheating ways when he was the man in the middle ..noticed in any match he officiated in with Newcastle how he always gave the other team free kicks in important areas ..and ours ..if we got any, were always in Benign areas of the pitch ..Him picking our refs and giving them a pep talk on the phone in mid week cannot be good for Newcastle United .

If you need convincing about Howard check out the hack on BA as he was about to put the ball in the net when we beat Man U 3-0 at st james..He could not deny our goals as the world would have rumbled him ..but he was right on top of Ferdinand when he brought BA down clear as day , from behind . in front of his nose, and he gave nothing and no explanation.

• 78 Banjo // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:54 PM

Here this calling each other names business is getting ridiculously boring now.
    This is a space for measured debate and comment in relation to all things football and NUFC, of which I enjoy reading most of the time. I don’t understand why it is straying away from the football and onto who’s the biggest prick.
    Some of yous need to properly grow up

• 79 geordieboy83 // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:57 PM

Jail for Ashley

Glad to see a bit of rationality in your post mate. Scepticism will always be there with you towards Ashley, but it’s refreshing to see you aren’t blind to the fact we aren’t going to become a class team overnight

• 80 geordieboy83 // Aug 29, 2015 at 7:58 PM

Online guy

If I remember right didn’t Webb effectively relegate is by disallowing a perfectly good goal in our penultimate match against Fulham? Drew 0-0 in the end wasn’t it?

• 81 Billythefish // Aug 29, 2015 at 8:06 PM

Never in a million years should he have been sent off, Arsenal showed a total lack of class today. The less said about their 12th man the better. Totally robbed by an absolute arsehole of a ref.

• 82 Bobbybee // Aug 29, 2015 at 8:19 PM

Most people realised how difficult the first few matches were going to be. So we’ve lost two games with ten men and drawn the other two, which included man utd away. Our much maligned defence has actually looked pretty solid so far and that’s got to be a big plus – bearing in mind Collo had no pre season to talk of. Massive mistakes have been made in the past and it won’t be fixed overnight, but we’re heading in the right direction at last. Changes have been made for the benefit of the club and it’s fans. A team that tries is definitely what we’ve got now and the new coaching regime is looking towards paying dividends in the long run. Nobody can change the past, it’s over with, but the future is at least looking like a massive improvement on previous seasons, but you can’t go from relegation battle to beating the top sides overnight – there’s normally a transition period. 50k fans applauded the team off today, despite the result, so the change is there enough to be appreciated. And that, in anybody’s book, would not have happened recently. Keep putting in the effort and results will eventually match that commitment. We’re now a very decent side that will only improve as the season progresses and the team gel more – and the fixtures become slightly easier! 🙂

• 83 solano // Aug 29, 2015 at 8:27 PM

geordieboy83 @ 80….If I remember rightly, it was Mike Ashley who effectively relegated us after constructively dismissing KK after a half decent start to the 08/09 season and continuing with farcical decisions thereafter! (It’s the same Mike who 7 years later is being heralded by the bird brain squad as having a total change in direction and ambition).

• 84 Ravostag // Aug 29, 2015 at 9:23 PM

Is anyone else sick of the media comments and views of so called biased experts. We never get a commentary on a game any more just some numpty talking about how good the opposition is blah blah blah. Refereeing is a total joke FIFA is corrupt and EUFA are a joke A commentary was so and so passes to so and so and has a shot now we just hear a load of talk about goodness knows what. Premier League football is an all time low. I am old enough to remember the great days of the 50s and 60s when in order to watch a game you had to get off your backside and walk through a turnstile at a reasonable cost and pay a tanner for a bag of nuts that was thrown to you by a bloke selling them with a basket. MOTD didn’t feature ‘pundits’ talking a load of s***e for half the programme on 500k a year. Footballers were normal people from normal backgrounds not overpaid prim donnas from any were across the globe. No one knew who owned the Club and the Manager was an ex British player who your Dad had seen pre or post war. Sorry about the rant but Skye has made football boring and ridiculous and I for one would rather watch grass roots footie played by genuine lads playing for fun and go to work on a Monday Morning. Angry old man

• 85 Ravostag // Aug 29, 2015 at 9:26 PM

PS Don’t bother appealing Steve just tell him to wise up!!

previous post: Newcastle 0 Arsenal 1 – Video Highlights