Newcastle Star Opens The Door To Leaving Before Tuesday

We had reported that Papiss Cisse’s agent Madou Diene had told the Chronicle that the player was not happy at not playing enough at Newcastle, and that the Senegal striker is becoming rather frustrated.

The agent said that he will recommend that if an offer comes in for Papiss  in this transfer window – that he should seriously consider it.

Of course we have to remember if that happens then his agent gets paid.

papiss cisse heads the ball home

Papiss Cisse scores Newcastle’s first goal of the season against Southampton

And on Monday in the local press Papiss Cisse has said he doesn’t know what he’s done wrong to be left out of the Newcastle side.

Here’s what Papiss has said (in the Shields Gazette) when asked if he was leaving:

“I don’t know.¨ “Seriously, I don’t know. I don’t like to speak about it.” “I always want to play,”

“I’m always ready to play. If the manager gives me the chance to play, I will play.¨ “I work very hard on the training pitch every day, but I don’t know if I’ve done something wrong.¨

“The decision is for the gaffer to make and I accept that, but it’s very hard for me.¨ “After the Manchester United game I thought ‘that’s it, that’s football’ and I keep going and work hard, and maybe one day I’ll have my chance to come back into the team.¨

“I always keep going. It’s not the first time this has happened.¨ “Two years ago and earlier this year, again.¨ “I just keep working. I don’t know, maybe one day here, or away, I will have my chance to play football again.”

“It’s bad enough when you play against Arsenal and then you take an early red card like that, it wasn’t easy for the players and it wasn’t easy for the manager, too.¨

“The game was lost, but it was better to lose by one than by three or four.” “Always the fans stay behind their team and support their team and the team works hard to do something for the fans.””

That’s a hint at leaving, and when you consider what his agent said on Sunday, it’s almost a come and get me from agent and player.

We assume Steve McClaren will or has been talking to him about what’s in store for him this season.

First of all, there needs to be offers come in for Papiss in the next couple of days, and then the next step is how big the offer is, and does it meet Newcastle’s valuation?

But Newcastle will definitely have to bring in another striker, if they do let Papiss Cisse leave this late in the transfer window.

Turkish side Galatasaray have been linked with interest, but agent Madou Diene said it was all paper talk.

We surmised today that if Papiss is insistent on getting away and we get a decent offer for him, then Newcastle could let him leave and make a (very) late bid for Charlie Austin.

The reports are suggesting that Newcastle are keeping tabs on Hamburg’s Pierre-Michel Lasogga, the German striker we were after  last summer.

But one thing that cannot happen is to let Papiss Cisse leave and nobody is brought in – that’s taking money first and making it a priority, rather than prioritizing the squad.

Hopefully a no-no these days under Steve McClaren.

The bottom line will be f we cannot get a replacement in for Cisse, then he has to stay – well at least until January.

Papiss is also likely to start the next three games for Newcastle, with Aleksandar Mitrovic facing a three match ban, so he will get plenty of playing time this season, although he may not be the number one striker.

And since Papiss already shown he can score goals in the Premier League, we want to keep him on Tyneside.

What do you think?

Comments welcome.

8 comments so far

  • JackButler

    Aug 30, 2015 at 11:25 PM

    Comment #1

    If Cisse leaves without a proven replacement coming in we are in trouble as Mitrovic has proven more than once that he’s a liability and while Perez is an excellant player, he’s not a natural striker as for Riviere? – Simply not good enough

  • toon kk

    Aug 30, 2015 at 11:36 PM

    Comment #2

    We’ll be in serious trouble this season if Cisse goes and isn’t replaced with the right man. Relying on a unproven 20 year old who will spend half of the season suspended isn’t the best way forward for a team that really struggles to score goals.

  • Blackley and Brownlie

    Aug 30, 2015 at 11:48 PM

    Comment #3

    I can’t understand why you keep saying that the Thauvin incident wasn’t a penalty. I thought it was one at the match and I was some distance away. On TV it was clear. An absolutely blatant, stonewall penalty. Good job the referee had a poor view.

  • Fatman_joe

    Aug 30, 2015 at 11:52 PM

    Comment #4

    If he stays then we must play to his strengths. We haven’t for ages.

  • stan anderson

    Aug 30, 2015 at 11:54 PM

    Comment #5

    Get rid of the plank Cisse,please.

  • lesh

    Aug 31, 2015 at 1:03 AM

    Comment #6

    Would be interesting if QPR were to be in for Cisse when Austin’s gone to West Ham or somewhere.

  • dannitoon

    Aug 31, 2015 at 12:17 PM

    Comment #7

    Sky sports Germany reporting forward lossaga from hamburg coming to toon

  • dannitoon

    Aug 31, 2015 at 12:51 PM

    Comment #8

    If the penalty was given Mitro wouldn’t have been sent off… ??


You must log in to post a comment.