The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle New Boy Is Made Of The Right Stuff

4:05 pm, Wednesday, September 2nd, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 108 Comments

There’s been some good news over the last couple of day about our new signing Florian Thauvin, and that is that he stays behind after training to practice those free kicks – much like Yohan Cabaye and Ryan Taylor used to do when they were at Newcastle.

Practice makes perfect – as they say – and we’ve been impressed with Florian’s attitude since he arrived at Newcastle, and he has showed good form in the short time he’s played for the Magpies.

florian thauvin arriving for arsenal game

Florian Thauvin arriving for Arsenal game
Is this a classy guy or is this a classy guy?
We assume his shoes are highly polished too

Certainly his starting debut against Northampton was something to remember – with a goal after three minutes and then three assists for Newcastle’s other three goals.

We have to remember it was a League Two side, but still his crossing was extremely good, and the 22 year-old seems keen to improve his game.

Florian was brought into Newcastle by Steve McClaren because of his crossing ability,  and also because of his creative play.

The Frenchman will now take all the set plays for Newcastle,  so it’s good that he’s got the right attitude and willing to work hard on the training pitch.

This is what he has said in the Mirror:

“I work very hard every single day to try and achieve the perfect free kick – and I don’t stop until I have got it right.”

“Since I was a kid, free-kicks have been something I have worked at. I love to go out there and have the ball at my feet.”

“Even when training has finished,  I like to stay behind and do as much work as I can, just hitting free kicks.”

Florian Thauvin looks to be a very good signing for Newcastle, and one player who can certainly attest to that is Mike Williamson.

mike williamson head home from thauvin northamtpon

Mike Williamson heads home Thauvin’s cross – that was easy!

Mike hasn’t found scoring goals easy at Newcastle, but Mike scored his second goal in over five and a half years for Newcastle against Northampton,  as Thauvin put a perfect cross over for Mike to head home.

It even made Mike look like a natural goalscorer!

Florian seems to be made of the right stuff, and certainly he has the right attitude and is willing to work hard on his game.

World class players – like Lionel Messi and Cristian Ronaldo – come about  when they work very hard behind the scenes to get the very best out of the god-given abilities they have been blessed with.

With that in mind, Florian has a decent chance to become a Newcastle great in the future.

We hope that’s exactly what happens.

Tags: Coaching · Florian Thauvin · Newcastle News · Recruitment · Transfer News and Rumours

108 responses so far ↓

• 1 Ibizatoon // Sep 2, 2015 at 4:08 PM

Very dapper.

Seems a good lad. Let’s hope he supplies the goods for NUFC.

• 2 Ron Knee // Sep 2, 2015 at 4:10 PM

Or to paraphrase Harold Wilson’s slogan:
    “After eight years of Ashley misrule …”

Apologies if you’re too young to remember this!!!

• 3 Belfast // Sep 2, 2015 at 4:14 PM

What’s in the bag ? his make up ?

• 4 Tsunki // Sep 2, 2015 at 4:18 PM

it’s a freshly baked loaf of bread. Mmmmmmm

• 5 Graeme // Sep 2, 2015 at 4:18 PM

Obviously dressed for a night in the Bigg Market!!!

• 6 Krul To Be Kind // Sep 2, 2015 at 4:24 PM

I think it was yourself who posed the question yesterday about what people said to paraphrase patience before they built Rome?

Well young man I have the answer… wait for it…
    They used to say… Alexandria a wasn’t built in a day ?

• 7 Ibizatoon // Sep 2, 2015 at 4:25 PM

Ron… He is before my time, but no apologies needed.

Belfast…Do you need a little lesson on basic grooming? I’m a bit busy now, but tomorrow let’s tackle the brushing of teeth.

• 8 Belfast // Sep 2, 2015 at 4:26 PM

I have a hunch it’s a bag full of m and m sweets… (brown packet)

• 9 Krul To Be Kind // Sep 2, 2015 at 4:26 PM

The French don’t do loaves of bread, they carry baguettes 😉

• 10 Ibizatoon // Sep 2, 2015 at 4:28 PM

Krul…It was indeed me that asked, however, are you stating or asking that answer? 🙂

Tsunki…Not sure it’s cool to say that Belfast is a freshly baked oaf.

Belfast…Don’t be greedy. To the left hand side mate.

• 11 toon kk // Sep 2, 2015 at 4:40 PM

I am a fan of our new signings apart from Mitrovic who is yet to prove he can play in the premier league.
    its just a pity we struggle to have any sort of possession for our new players to have any impact. I will class survival as a very successful season tbh.

• 12 shearershairline // Sep 2, 2015 at 4:45 PM

Anyone seen his Mrs? Ooooof

• 13 cyprus // Sep 2, 2015 at 5:07 PM

They all arrived dressed like that for some reason. Maybe there was a wedding or something right before the game.

• 14 Slank // Sep 2, 2015 at 5:07 PM

Thauvin looks good. He seems to have more bottle than Cabella. I can’t see him doing any of Cabella’s dying swan impressions following an innocuous tackle.

• 15 Tsunki // Sep 2, 2015 at 5:10 PM

Half baked, maybe.

• 16 Slank // Sep 2, 2015 at 5:11 PM

McClaren told them. It’s part of the new rules and regs that include no swearing. Also, no phones, laptops and iPads at the training ground. And anybody turning up late is sent home, presumably with a flea in their ear.

• 17 Tsunki // Sep 2, 2015 at 5:13 PM

Krul to be kind – I think my dawn of creation one predates yours 🙂 Hmmm. How about ” the Big Bang didn’t just happen in an instant” ha ha ha hauuuuuuurrrrr….oh…..wait…..

• 18 Slank // Sep 2, 2015 at 5:13 PM

I’ve noticed that Sky have published a list of all the Premiership net spenders and we are the second highest behind, not surprisingly, Man City.

• 19 Munster Mag // Sep 2, 2015 at 5:15 PM

Certainly an upgrade on Cabella. Another hugely scouted player by the way and who was largely awful for us, Ibiza !

• 20 Tsunki // Sep 2, 2015 at 5:15 PM

And if you notice the sign next to him there’s apparently no weed allowed either. No on the ganja. Toke free. Spliffless.

• 21 Tsunki // Sep 2, 2015 at 5:17 PM

Cabella wasn’t actually awful though, was he? He just wasn’t very effective, and a season or two under his belt might have seen improvement. I think it was the player himself who gave in to the idea of going home.

• 22 Llort muw // Sep 2, 2015 at 5:20 PM

I think it’s quite clear that you aren’t very optimistic about this season, and there is nothing wrong with that… But don’t you think that surviving would be a disappointing season considering the money spent?

• 23 beermonkey // Sep 2, 2015 at 5:34 PM

I think the euros might have a fair bit to do with him going back to france where he knows he will play weekly

• 24 bettyswallocks // Sep 2, 2015 at 5:52 PM

I don’t think blind faith or deep rooted cynicism is the way to show our support now until Jan. Cautious optimism is the order of the day and then re assess in January.

After all Rome wasn’t built in a day!!

• 25 BandB // Sep 2, 2015 at 5:59 PM

I think the deep-rooted cynics may have found something else to do with their time.
    I’d bet no-one who’s totally kicked the habit is still posting on here.

• 26 Grafton83 // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:00 PM

My mate supports arsenal, I was drunk when we got to arguing about strikers. Arguing soon turned into betting.

I’ve bet the naming rights to my next child and a free punch (probably in the face) that Cisse and Mitro combined would score more prem goals than Giroud and Walcott will.

What do you reckon, good bet or bad bet, any chance of a poll Ed?

• 27 BandB // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:03 PM

You’d let him punch your next child in the face?
    And call him….oh….
    I was trying to think of a famous mackem footballer…..but I can’t.

• 28 Grafton83 // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:07 PM

Let me clear that one up quickly before someone from child services knocks on my door. Names are for the children, punches for the adults.

• 29 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:08 PM

To have a strong division you must have a strong base. We and Sunderland are providing that very stable base. You could say we’re supporting all the rest (with points given to them all when we play them). It’s a narsty job but somebody has to do it. 😯

• 30 Moe // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:10 PM

Another email from Charnley himself ..
    I like how this is going tbh ..

• 31 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:11 PM

It’s starts to the season like this that caused Percy Parsnip to leave us. How long will Steve last? Exciting times these. Thanks to Mike. All those windows with nothing spent have left us in a terrible state. We would have had to spend double what we did this summer to rise into the top 10. Here’s to Mike Ashley, perpetual loser.

• 32 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:13 PM

Good thinking bettyswallocks mate but can I wait until January to fong Ashley again? Hmmmm. No, it’s not going to happen. And I’m going to poop in his wellies for good measure. Harrumph!

• 33 Ibizatoon // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:13 PM

Munster…We best leave the Cabella debate somewhere near the Mbiwa one 🙂

I hadn’t written him off yet.

Tsunki…That is well observed 🙂 Didn’t notice the sign. Top of the class.

Betty….Sorry, that phrase has been banished. Bottom of the class for you 😉

I’m not sure there can be “a way” to show our support. It comes as it does.

BandB…Famous Mackem footballer….That’s a good one 🙂

• 34 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:14 PM

I predicted 7 points from the first 7 matches, so we need 5 from the remaining 3. A win and 2 draws. Possible but not likely.

• 35 Ibizatoon // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:15 PM

Moe….Care to share?

• 36 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:16 PM

We’ve got to steady the ship mates. And don’t rock the boat. And don’t jump on the band wagon. And fong the owner for the sweet baby Jesus.

• 37 Ibizatoon // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:16 PM

G2…You predicted 7 points? Had you been drinking?

Sorry, more than usual?

This season isn’t about points, honest, it’s not.

• 38 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:19 PM

A lot of you are saying: “G2 where do we go from here?” It’s obvious you lot. We go in a straight line, we bring on the Belgian midget strikers early, and we enjoy the dancing poodles at half time. Everything else will take care of itself. You lot are just a bunch of doubting Thomas’s. Harrumph…

• 39 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:20 PM

It is aboot the points Ibiza! It is mate….We need points! We need excitement! We need someone to get those parrots away from Tsunki! This is serious business Ibiza! Come on now, sort yaself oot mate!!!

• 40 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:23 PM

Surely we haven’t spent more than Chelsea and Man U Slank mate. Right then, I’ll get out me abacus and make some calculations. Hmmmm. This could take some time…. you lot stand at ease.

• 41 beefman13 // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:25 PM

Mclaren, look it’s simple, fcuk this defensive pony,
    De Jong

Excellent team on the whole, pace n skill all over, Anita n Colback have had enough starts, neat n tidy isn’t cutting it anymore, get it sorted Mac.

• 42 BandB // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:26 PM

Some folks are arguing that eight points from the first 10 games will be nothing to worry about.
    That would be fine…if we didn’t have to play them all again.
    Would 16 points from 20 games also be fine and nothing to worry about?
    Perhaps we will improve and they will get worse!
    Otherwise we need 24 points or so from the remaining 18 games.

• 43 bettyswallocks // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:27 PM

My only concern is that the ” I told you so ” brigade are not hoping for failure.

A bit of hope that things maybe are improving a teeny bit is surely more rewarding.

I know it’s not going to be difficult to improve on what we had but I must confess to detecting a few green shoots.

• 44 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:28 PM

I detect an air of pessimism on air. Many wearing their Thongs of Gloom. Well turn those frowns upside down mates! Let’s all look on the bright side of life!!! (you can whistle at this point if you feel the need). We have 2 points! We have scored already this season! We have a clean sheet! We are able to run about and even manage to kick the ball now and then! What more do you lot want???? Harrumph……

• 45 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:29 PM

And our scrambly bits are definitely improving!!!

• 46 BandB // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:31 PM

I’m not always convinced that people on here fully understand that the league awards no points whatsoever for blogging that is either remorselessly up or downbeat.

• 47 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:32 PM

Let’s get rid of everybody including Ashley and start over again. Just have a big garage sale with players milling about…..An outdoor auction. I’m betting we can get at least 500 quid altogether…

• 48 Ian Toon // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:33 PM

A new chapter’

A message from the Boardroom

As the transfer window closes, we are delighted by what we think has been a very strong summer of business for our Club.

We’ve secured ourselves four exceptional new senior players in Georginio Wijnaldum, Aleksandar Mitrovic, Chancel Mbemba and Florian Thauvin, as well as landing the exciting emerging talent of Ivan Toney.

I hope you’ve been impressed by what you’ve seen from them so far. We are confident they will continue to improve and will add significantly to the quality and success of the team.

In addition, we were delighted to agree a new deal with our Captain, Fabricio Coloccini, who on and off the field is showing the drive and determination we desire from our Captain and one of the figureheads of our club.

Spending, Summer Window 2015

I know that conflicting reports from outside the club can make it hard to understand what we’ve spent in the window. I want to take this opportunity to confirm that the net amount spent this summer is £52.6m, with £51.5m cash paid out. On top of the transfer spend, our wage bill for the year to 30 June 2016 will increase by a minimum of just under £9m as a result of our activity during this transfer window.

I’d also like to highlight a few key messages:

• Financial strength… The decisions we’ve made over the past few years have given us the financial strength to net spend significantly this summer, as well as retaining those key players who were in demand from other clubs.

We’ll continue to spend on the squad moving forward and have no need or desire to sell our best players.

• Our strategy is clear – quality over quantity… We want the best young players available to us.

We have brought in high-calibre players that will make an immediate impact.

• A new board structure… The Board have worked very closely together during this summer window. We want a squad that is strong defensively, combined with plenty of creativity, attacking intent and flair.

We are all of one mind when it comes to our vision for the squad.

• A long term strategy… We’re delighted with the players we’ve brought in, but we always knew that it would take more than one window to reshape and restructure.

This is the start not the end. It will take time and number of windows to get where we want to be.

We are in a very strong financial position. To allow us to continue in this vein, we need to ensure that the club’s finances remain just as healthy over the coming years. We ask that you trust us in this process. We want our club to progress and be the best it can possibly be.

Steve and his team

We have set Steve a target of a top-eight finish and to win a trophy. Everyone at the club is driving hard towards that goal. However, all of this rebuilding and reshaping isn’t something that can happen overnight; it will take time.

I have complete faith that what he and his team are implementing will give us the best possible chance of success as a club and I would ask that you give Steve and his team, your team, all your support while we strive to deliver this reshaped vision.

A new chapter

In recent years I know that some of you feel a divide has opened up between the club and the supporters. We accept responsibility for the things we have done, or not done, to contribute to this, but with Steve’s arrival and a new season ahead of us, we have been presented with a real opportunity to make progress as a club together.

Often our mistake has been that we’ve not communicated well enough with you and I assure you going forward, this is something we will do better.

I hope you can see from activities such as the pre-season open/family day, the emails like mine that are now being sent directly to your inbox, and with a fresh focus on engaging with you far better on social media, we are showing we have a desire to connect with you.

What is absolutely clear is that when we are all pulling in the same direction and you are one hundred percent behind the players who wear our shirt, it makes the difference.

Your support is magnificent and truly valued. On behalf of the board and all my colleagues, I hope that this can be a new chapter of positivity and progression for Newcastle United on and off the pitch.

Best wishes,

Lee Charnley
    Managing Director

• 49 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:34 PM

I’m remorselessly sideways BandB mate. I am pursuing footy perfection through Zen meditation and deliberate fonging of wor owner. It’s going well so far…..

• 50 BandB // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:34 PM

No folks, the side of the bed you got out of is never, ever, a six-pointer.

• 51 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:34 PM

But Lee, we didn’t get rid of the vegetables.

• 52 Ibizatoon // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:35 PM

Betty…Which brigade are the “I told you so” lot?

G2 & BandB…We’re reversing last year. Points are important in the second part of the season this time round. After the squad has been assessed properly. Obviously!

• 53 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:35 PM

I refuse to believe we can survive with 2 cabbages at CB Lee….

• 54 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:36 PM

Lee, you forgot to mention we’re in 19th place….Is that part of the grand plan as well??

• 55 BandB // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:37 PM

That’s lovely.
    He sounds very pleased with himself.
    He never mentioned Rome wasn’t built in day either.
    Though I believe it had some rudimentary walls and sanitation after eight years.

• 56 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:39 PM

Bloody Romans….what did they bring anyway…..other than roads, sanitation, education, a clean water supply…..

• 57 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:40 PM

I’m not having it Lee!!!! I’m not having it I tell you!!! Vegetables on defense!! Did you watch that Swansea match Lee?? Pathetic! Have you looked at the table Lee??? Well have you??? Unbloody believable. Harrumph…….

• 58 BandB // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:41 PM

Romani ite domum!

• 59 Ibizatoon // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:41 PM

Ian…Thanks. Mine got lost in the post.

Lee touches on the main problem for me. Trust.

How does one trust someone / something that they just don’t?

• 60 Ibizatoon // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:42 PM

Romans go home? That’s an order my boy!

• 61 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:42 PM

I demand action on behalf of the supporters!! I demand and immediate vegetable sale!!! I demand more dancing poodles!!! I demand dancing classes for Mito!!!! And some yoga as well!!! Breathe Mito….Slow deep breaths….stay very calm……

• 62 Average_Contents // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:44 PM

• 63 bettyswallocks // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:46 PM

Band B……. Point taken and the feeling at any given moment towards our club fluctuates from one game to the next as has always been the case.

Unless we win every week with a hatful of goals then there will be doom mangers out in force.

All I am calling for is an open minded approach until we can fairly assess the new players and coaching team.

It really p’s me off to read the slagging off of Mitrovic and some writing him off already even when it could well be the over exuberance of youth trying too hard to impress.

• 64 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:46 PM

I can’t believe that Lee. Do those glasses of his work?? Is he mad?? What does he tell Mike?
    “Look Mike darling I know we’re in 19th place but we’re actually much improved! We would have been in 20th place if not for my brilliance in the summer…..Let me put some soothing music on for you….how about some Def Leppard?”

• 65 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:47 PM

I’m very excited to see if we can manage a point per game this season…

• 66 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:48 PM

And how many red cards Mito can get…..what is the record by the way?

• 67 bettyswallocks // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:48 PM

Ibiza. Don’t worry you’re not in the I Told you so brigade. I won’t name names but they know who they are.

• 68 BandB // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:49 PM

I decided to fly the Flag of Negativity in the today’s crisp autumn breeze to see who had a nervous setback.
    Progress will be slow and our turning circle wide.
    This is me being happy.

• 69 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:51 PM

And also you’ve got to aim high to avoid shooting your feet off BandB mate. We’re aiming high….The sky’s the limit. Possibly even 15th place…..

• 70 Ibizatoon // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:52 PM

betty…That wasn’t why I asked 🙂

Couldn’t work out what you meant. It came across as those who maybe don’t think we’ve turned a corner, those hoping to be proved right (“hoping for failure”)?

I’d find that truly bizarre if that is what you meant. I’ve probably got the wrong end of the stick.

• 71 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:53 PM

Oh I know… your all calling me an optimistic old scallywag (I’ve never written scallywag before, it feels good). From the old English scalawag a person who behaves badly but in an amusingly mischievous rather than harmful way; a rascal.

• 72 BandB // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:53 PM

The blog would be rubbish if we were all demanding a poll on Mike’s favourite colour…which is where it was headed.

• 73 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:55 PM

As for Ibiza. I would rate him as cautiously optopessimistic. In a careful sort of way. Trying to feel his way forward in a darkened room. Worried about the clearance overhead….typical Spanish Stud Muffin approach……

• 74 Ibizatoon // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:56 PM

BandB…Although, you’ve now got me wondering….

• 75 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:57 PM

Good point BandB mate. I don’t care what his favourite colour is I just want to fong him and poop in his wellies now and then. It’s only fair after what he’s done to us….

• 76 Ibizatoon // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:58 PM

“Trying to feel his way forward in a darkened room”

Ties in with most of my approach to life.

• 77 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Sep 2, 2015 at 6:59 PM

GT…I am not sure “Armageddon It” 😉

• 78 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:00 PM

I too believe we can be a stable 15th place club. So I support the tremendous lack of effort we had until this last window. The careful choices of DoF, MD, DM, chief witch doctor and various head coaches and managers has left me in awe of Mike Ashley’s football skills…..

• 79 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:02 PM

Good point jesper mate. What does fuglsang mean anyway? Is it ominous or something silly like fruit juggler?? I need to know mate….

• 80 BandB // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:03 PM

Ibizatoon believes in the redemptive power of love G2.
    He’s been stood up by the town clock a few times.
    His bunch of flowers is a bit less conspicuous these days, that’s all.

• 81 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:04 PM

GT…it means Birdsong

• 82 Jail for Ashley // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:05 PM

You have heard from me many times after I backed Pardew to take Palace down as he did Charlton many years ago.
    You harp on about him like he was he was hard done by, he was shit for us, good for Palace, get over it.
    I thought the told you so brigade were those that popped their heads up after Mikeys octannual TV interviews, those that sat patiently waiting for Pardews contract to expire while watching dross. I could be wrong though.

• 83 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:05 PM the German word “Vogelsang”

• 84 BandB // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:06 PM

That’s really beautiful.
    Not that you need me to say so, of course.

• 85 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:06 PM

I believe in the redemptive power of a good fonging and smelly wellies BandB mate. The pong of Mike Ashley walking his dogs…..As for Ibiza, he is and always will be the Mighty Stud Muffin, executive assistant Manly Men Inc. for Spain and Portugal, and fairly decent skittles player…..

• 86 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:07 PM

So it is fruit juggler then jesper mate. Hmmmmm.

• 87 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:08 PM

BandB…thank you!…always nice to hear anyway!

• 88 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:08 PM

There’s some confusion in my translation device….it’s either fruit juggler or vampire pigeon….Hmmmmm….

• 89 Belfast // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:09 PM

Got talking to one of Mikeys old schoolmates at a barbecue a while ago and he told me Mikeys favourite colour was magnolia. True story!

• 90 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:12 PM

GT…I think I’ll stick with what I got mate 😉

How’s Burnaby these days? Still picturesque I assume?

• 91 BandB // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:13 PM

I believe Mike’s favourite colour is Teal, the same as mine.
    I have no evidence whatsoever for this baseless prejudice, but I’ll deck the first f****r who contradicts me.

• 92 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:14 PM

I’ve moved to Port Moody now jesper mate. A long story involving noisy truck yards and huge expansions of an oil tank farm directly uphill from the house in Burnaby. Port Moody is a little further east but still near Vancouver…..

• 93 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:16 PM

GT…and still picturesque? 🙂

• 94 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:20 PM

GT…that just looks better than Burnaby…you have been upgraded mate 🙂

• 95 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:24 PM

Ta jesper mate. Yes it’s a decent location and very quiet….I’m the noisiest thing around for miles…..

• 96 BandB // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:24 PM

Well that was rather pleasant and whimsical.
    Time to be off before the hordes of hell emerge from their underground lairs to earnestly trash it all with their ill-mannered, bad tempered brand of positivity.

• 97 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:25 PM

Ahhh birdsong jesper mate! I was close with vampire pigeon then….. 😆

• 98 dok - the horrid colonial // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:25 PM

and of course BandB logs before I can say aloha…

• 99 bettyswallocks // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:26 PM

Jail…… The brigade you are alluding to are the long term Ashley sympathisers who appear only occasionally now but are waiting for something positive to happen then they’ll be out in force. Your mate Bills is the leader of this pack.

The ones I was referring to are the ones who slagged Mc Claren off unmercifully and predicted he would be a failure . Rotunda was in this club initially, then he did a massive U -Turn and was trying to be positive, it now appears he’s about to revert to his original stance as he’s emenating a lot of negativity now.

This is all after 4 games , what a fickle bunch we are.

• 100 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:26 PM

Aloha dok. How is Texas by the way?

• 101 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:27 PM

I’m about to do a massive double reverse turn and head off in the same direction bettys mate…..

• 102 dok - the horrid colonial // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:28 PM

cheers buddy… texas is just like the land of the unwashed… slow, stupid, hot and apparently everyone here has an attractive cousin… lol

• 103 BandB // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:28 PM

Too soon the sunrise
    Will wake her from her sleep
    So until tomorrow.
    Sleep Hawaii, sleep.

Aloha Dok.

• 104 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:29 PM

Actually I like G2vampirepigeon. I may use that in my next blog life.

• 105 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:31 PM

I had heard aboot that attractive cousing thing dok mate. Do you wear a cowboy hat and boots? With a Geordie accent that might look and sound unusual….as in “Howay lads anyone for a pint at the Longbranch saloon?”

• 106 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:33 PM

Oh look I see the honey badger tremble
    He yearns for Ashleys buttocks
    Bring forth those meaty prospects…
    Just a quick little poem I dashed off to match BandB.

• 107 GeordieTwo // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:36 PM

I’m not sure you lot are ready for my fine poetry yet….Harrumph….

• 108 JamesToon // Sep 2, 2015 at 7:39 PM

How do people see us getting on against West Ham in 2 weeks? They’ve made some very good signings, unfortunately I can see us just being pinned back, struggle with players such as payet, Moses, Antonio, lanzini etc

previous post: Did Newcastle Make Late Move For This England International?

next post: Lee Charnley – We Spent £52.6M Net – We Need To Pull Together