The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

It’s The Last Chance Saloon For This Newcastle Player

3:39 pm, Thursday, September 3rd, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 13 Comments

Haris Vuckic in seems ready to play his part for Wigan this season, after he was sent out on loan to the Lancashire club, after signing  a one year extension at Newcastle, which keeps him at the club through 2017.

The one year loan deal at Wigan is a chance for Haris to get his career back on track and maybe convince Steve McClaren that he has a future on Tyneside.

haris vuckic newcastle training

Haris Vuckic in training at Newcastle this summer

This is what Vuckic told the Wigan Evening Post:

“Of course if the manager needs me I will be ready to do my best and my maximum,” “In my mind, what I want to do here is play as much football as possible.”

“I need to prove myself to the manager, and when I get the chance on the field do my maximum for the team.”

“That’s so not just Wigan but all of the other clubs can see what I can do.” “I love scoring goals, and I like to provide assists as well,”

“I am an attacking player who likes to always look forward, always looking for that killer pass or goal if I can.”

“I am prepared to play anywhere the manager would like me to – right wing, left wing, midfield, striker.”

“It’s good for me that I can play more than one position, it makes it easier to be rotated.” “Firstly I am trying to establish myself in club football,”

“If I can do that, then hopefully international football will follow.” “But I’m not really thinking too much about that.”

Vuckic has played 19 times for Newcastle with one goal and he’s been on loan to Cardiff, Rotherham and Glasgow Rangers, and he ‘s played a total of 53 times on loan with 14 goals.

Haris was a star at Rangers for the second half of last season, when he played 22 times with 9 goals – although that is the Scottish second division.

23 year-old Vuckic has skills galore, which Wigan fans will soon see, but somehow he hasn’t managed to use those skills to make an impact during games, and his poor injury record has also not been helpful.

Time is running out for Haris, and we hope he has a very good loan spell at Wigan.

The former Newcastle center-back Gary Caldwell is now their manager, and we hope Wigan can mount a promotion push this season.

This is what Gary said about getting Haris in on loan:

“Haris had a great season on loan at Rangers last season and he is a quality addition to our forward line, a creative player with an eye for goal.”

“Newcastle rate him highly, but he needs to keep progressing and is looking to play as regularly as possible. We are delighted he has chosen Wigan Athletic.”

After five games played Wigan are in the middle of the table with 11 points.

We hope Wigan can have a great season helped by Haris Vuckic.

Tags: Haris Vuckic · Loan Moves · Newcastle News · Newcastle U21

13 responses so far ↓

• 1 Tsunki // Sep 3, 2015 at 3:41 PM

Ashley Out!

• 2 BeeGuy // Sep 3, 2015 at 3:49 PM

Vukic looked so good in the year NUFC finished 5th. Things went sour when he got smacked with a hard driven pass that broke his hand. I have fingers crossed for his revival.

• 3 LGFUAD21 // Sep 3, 2015 at 3:54 PM

Interestingly he talks about other clubs. Wonder if this was all for a fee.

He’s got ability and at 23 isn’t a lost cause but it needs to be all uphill from here.

• 4 Bobbybee // Sep 3, 2015 at 3:58 PM

Vuckic always looked like he was just about to make the breakthrough – just before another injury stopped him. Maybe this loan will kick start his career again. If not with us, with another team. Like Sammy, if he can’t do it in the Championship or First Division, then he’s unlikely to make it here. Still, it puts him in the shop window and he clearly has the talent to be a pro footballer. Wish him all the best in his future endeavours.

• 5 Bobbybee // Sep 3, 2015 at 4:00 PM

Bee guy, maybe he had his fingers crossed and that’s what caused the break! 🙂

• 6 lesh // Sep 3, 2015 at 4:01 PM

Typical!

I’ve just posted a 50 paragraph missive just to see this new thread!

• 7 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Sep 3, 2015 at 4:12 PM

I have nothing against this kid, but injuries has not been kind to him.

Have been saying for a few years that he should be a forward! He’s a targetman and a goal scorer.

• 8 Bobbybee // Sep 3, 2015 at 4:13 PM

Lesh, happens to me all the time mate! 🙂 Not to waste it, I’ve gone back and read it and your summary pretty much agrees with mine. Long overdue changes finally being carried out and all for the benefit of us moving forward. Never thought I’d hear them accept responsibility for getting it so wrong, but they have and it’s appreciated.

• 9 WWSBRD // Sep 3, 2015 at 4:20 PM

Wasting his time and ours

• 10 nightfa11 // Sep 3, 2015 at 4:31 PM

im glad he got an extention.. capable player, still young and on low wages..and he can still make it..so no brainer.. whats he getting? 1/5 of goufrann or marveaux wages? besides..while on loan, others are paying him..

• 11 Bobbybee // Sep 3, 2015 at 4:33 PM

Good fightback in the one dayer. They got off to a flyer, but bit by bit we’ve pegged them back. 192/5 off about 36 overs. Should be a good finish eventually.

• 12 Bobbybee // Sep 3, 2015 at 4:37 PM

193/6 Getting better all the time.

• 13 magscar // Sep 3, 2015 at 4:59 PM

Lesh @last thread Bobbybee@8

Second that. Only doubt I have is whether we can realistically challenge the top4 anytime soon. ‘Pool Spurs and Everton yes but that is still someway off. Even those 3 with a head start and a fortune(s) paid out rarely trouble the established top 4 for long. Others to catch before them of course.

We have stagnated again and as with first Post KK period it took until SBR and then some seasons before we were able to challenge again. On top of that we now have Man City to contend with whereas there weren’t on the horizon when SBR had us challenging last.

Some astute signing, a stable balanced squad with good coaching can only take us so far I fear as FFP has seemingly cemented the top clubs positions rather than loosened their grip. Hope I am wrong but it will take decline of 1 or more of top 4 to coincide with our rise. Having said that if money were taken out of Chelsea or Man City for whatever reason then a cataclysmic event of Leeds proportion could happen and I for one wouldn’t shed any tears.

previous post: Newcastle Transfers – Clever Signings For Not Much Money