There Have Been Changes At Newcastle – Everybody’s Happy

Moussa Sissoko has said that Newcastle have changed dramatically this season under the new coaching team led by Steve McClaren, and maybe those comments are not too surprising for a player who did not push hard to leave Newcastle this summer.

Moussa has been interviews on nufcTV but no – whether Crystal Palace was a bigger club than Newcastle was not brought up.

moussa sissoko in training

Moussa Sissoko in training

This is some of what Moussa Sissoko told Dan King – Newcastle United Digital Editor – and he’s answering the question – does it feel like a different club from last season?:

“Yes, because we’ve changed a lot of things.” “We have a new manager, new staff, a lot of new players – so it’s different, but I’m happy with that. Everyone is happy.”

“Of course I am now focused and concentrated on the West Ham game because we need to win this first game of the season so I hope we are going to do this on Monday night against West Ham.”

“We know it’s going to be a hard game but we have a good team to go there and try to win the three points.”

“For me West Ham are better than last season but  we also bought a lot of players in over the summer, so we have a good team.”

“We have to go there to Upton Park with confidence and try to play our game,  and then if we do that then I think we can get the three points.”

Moussa took the interview in English and his English was quite good.

During the international break Sissoko started one game in Portugal, which France won 1-0, and then came on as a late substitute against Serbia,  when Aleksandar Mitrovic scored Serbia’s goal in France’s 2-1 win, in what was a good game to watch.

Sissoko had been interviewed in France Football while he was on International duty for France, and he said that he thought Newcastle had done well in the summer transfer window, getting in four good first team players for around £52M.

It’s now time for us to get our first league win of the season in our fifth game on Monday night at Upton Park.

A win would be terrific, but West Ham, as Moussa says, are better than they were last season.

• G

Sep 10, 2015 at 9:30 PM

West Ham better than last season… shame we can’t say the same about Sissoko

• Novocastrian66

Sep 10, 2015 at 9:34 PM

Jib; wor lass dragged me down there a couple of years ago. Nice place and I would definitely go back.

• beermonkey

Sep 10, 2015 at 9:37 PM

cant be from sissoko
    doesn’t seem to mention signing for a champions league team or arsenal or Chelsea or the new big big team palace

• G

Sep 10, 2015 at 9:41 PM

@3 or a big club like Palace

• Jib

Sep 10, 2015 at 9:44 PM

Novocastrian66

I asked cos a family friend went there on a mystery tour from Durham a fortnight ago.

Talking of mystery tours a few years ago a taxi driver friend of mine from Dunston was on holiday in Blackpool with the family, It rained all week so they decided to go on a mystery tour ——– it was great ————-it went to the Metro Centre !

If anyone is in the Toon early doors our U21 are playing at SJP
    KO 7pm v Arsenal
    Adults £3 kids £1 ST holders and members free

• Bobbybee

Sep 10, 2015 at 9:44 PM

It appears the general consensus is that it’s a happier club all round this season. Not before time like. It makes a huge difference when players are happy in their work, just as it does in any workplace. I imagine it helps when you trust the coaches and can see what their plan is.

• Jib

Sep 10, 2015 at 9:45 PM

Early doors tomorrow that is

• G

Sep 10, 2015 at 9:46 PM

Ok, that post somehow went wrong, was meant to say more there about how much more game time he would get, like Cabaye. The moment has gone now, move along, nothing to see here.

• jane

Sep 10, 2015 at 9:48 PM

even if we are bottom at the end of Monday there will probably still be a happy feeling prevailing, what a difference to other recent poor starts to the season.

• Bobbybee

Sep 10, 2015 at 9:52 PM

I’m going tomorrow night jib, should be a decent game. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a decent crowd either. Chance to see young Roberts against good defenders, see how he’s progressing this season.

• Novocastrian66

Sep 10, 2015 at 9:55 PM

Na Jib not a mystery tour, never been on one of those and I divvent fancy going on one. Don’t know why but I have an image of a load of old knits on a bus signing Vera Lynn songs about birds flying over cliffs.

• Jib

Sep 10, 2015 at 9:57 PM

Young Callum should be learning stuff off of Tow Van.

• Jib

Sep 10, 2015 at 10:00 PM

Novo
    I’ve personally never been on one .
    I spent enough time going on buses to away games in my youth to last me a lifetime.
    Jeepers some away trips with the Toon got really hairy !!!!

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Sep 10, 2015 at 10:48 PM

Would love us to play a 442 with Cisse and Perez up front against West Ham

With Thauvin and Haidara on the left and Sissoko and Janmaat on the right we have 4 players wide who can cross and would be playing on their stronger foot which means Cisses runs in the box would get picked out

Perez is disciplined enough to drop back into midfield when we dont have the ball so I think it would be a winner

Probably have Gini and Colback as the middle 2

• Oldgit1

Sep 10, 2015 at 10:49 PM

@ nova hey you agest git we sing black sabbath songs on the mystery trips lol

• IITianToon

Sep 11, 2015 at 12:02 AM

@LCBP
    I would disagree on your claim that our right hand side is a good crossing department. Sissoko has never been a good crosser, although he does have a nice little cut back for the likes of Gini to get on the end of on. Janmaat can cross well, however he has not started the season well, cant remember him fashioning a good goalscoring chance yet in the PL (could be wrong!).
    Our left hand side is more exciting though. Especially if haidara can get his first touch sorted! So annoying when his first touch makes the ball go a yard further, then he lunges, and then gets crunched by a tackle.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Sep 11, 2015 at 12:09 AM

@IITianToon

Sissoko can cross a lovely ball hes had a few assists from the wing seem to remember a lovely cross for Shola against Cardiff he can do it just needs to be focussed !

Yeah true about Janmaat funny feeling he will be back to his best after the international break he set about 50% of Cisses goals up last season so dont write him off yet !!

I think Haidara is improving every game he has been rock solid in the last 2 games so lets see him be more adventurous on Monday !

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 11, 2015 at 5:17 AM

LCBP…Sissoko’s stats from the wing are not great…far from.

He should be played from central as a box to box midfielder. Personally I would like to see a 3 man combo of Sissoko, Anita and Gini.

But with the types of players we got I think SM is going to have to reinvent himself. The question is, is he good enough to do that.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 11, 2015 at 5:19 AM

It’s not a straightforward easy task…but he has to up his game I think!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 11, 2015 at 5:24 AM

…McClaren that is!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 11, 2015 at 5:27 AM

IITian…the first touch is usual what separates the £10M player from the £3M player.

…it’s not an ability everyone masters (especially not defenders)

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 11, 2015 at 5:32 AM

Great talk 😉

• Ian Toon

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:05 AM

Just passing through.
    Reading through above, I was delighted to see the childish, mean spirited 60+ year old Mr Tuff, who’s antics have driven so many worthwhile bloggers from Ed’s excellent site literally given the bums rush yesterday. This was blog self regulation at its best- well done to the individuals.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:18 AM

I think I can think of a group of people who have and are driven good posters off on a regular basis!

…and it’s not senor Tuff!

• Ron Knee

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:37 AM

jesper@24
    Correct!

• hibbit

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:53 AM

100% agree with ron and jesper

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:53 AM

100% agree with Jesper, Ron, hibbit and me.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:00 AM

We all agree then! Someone make a memo…

• firebug666

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:00 AM

100% agree with Jesper, Ron, Hibbit, Jail and me.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:03 AM

It shall be written in runes then!

• Ron Knee

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:09 AM

Carved in stone!

• firebug666

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:12 AM

Over the years I have read player statements, and all seem to say the same things, especially when we are not doing so well.

Sissoko spouts it again here; “I think that’s because we have a better team than last year, but now we have to show on it on the pitch every week and that’s why on Monday we need to win.”

It’s stating the bloody obvious, but every season we are treated to this drivel week in week out.

I understand the need for the club to try and reassure the fans that things will get better, and the team will try harder, but for me the statement above has lost any credibility it might have had, like some of the players it has become thread bare and worn out.

• Sack Llambias

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:23 AM

“I think I can think”….!!
    But I agree with Jail do not sack and ban El Presidente

• Jib

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:47 AM

firebug 666

I disagree , the club’s communications with the fans is vastly improved.

With some “fans” however you are damned if you do and damned if you don’t .

The use of emotive words like “spout” “drivel” doesn’t help , my god it’s almost as if you have an agenda against the club , you know like you maybe supported some other team.

Anyway if you stuck your hand in your pocket and got NUFCtv you would see that Sissoko is not “stating the bloody obvious” but responding to an interviewers questions in a polite lucid manner and all in a foreign tongue , quite admirable really , are you capable of the same ?

• BandB

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:48 AM

Ian “passing through” ………like a case of the runs.
    Must be the bum’s rush.

• sing in the corner

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:54 AM

firebug

Yeah I agree. I rarely take any notice of player interviews any more, or even most manager ones.
    Spin has taken over football over the years. Players get media training from an early age. God forbid they will ever say anything controversial, honest and therefore interesting!?
    Boring cliches mostly.

• will die for the toon army

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:58 AM

Best team:
    …………………………..Krul
    Janmatt…….Mbemba………Colo…….Haidara
    ………..Wijanaldum………Colback
    Sissoko……………De Jong. ……………..Thauvin
    …………………………Mitrovic

• firebug666

Sep 11, 2015 at 8:00 AM

Jib

As usual you DO NOT read the blog properly, The same old drivel spouted refers to we are a better team but have to now show it on the pitch; this we here almost every week (without actually showing any improvement).

As for supporting a different team pal, I am a lifelong NUFC supporter and never missed a match, until a disability made it to difficult for me to go. This being the case I feel I have every right to criticize and if you read the blog properly you will see the words “but for me” clearly a reference to it being my opinion.

As for subscribing to NUFC TV, I use to but not any more, The parasite who owns the club is still a parasite, he might have breathed a bit of new life into our club this season, but only so he can still feed his gluttonous companies off it.

So then Jib, get down off your soap box, and maybe google up a job that can keep you busy with other things rather than spending 24/7 on here annoying bloggers with you annoying drivel.

• WWSBRD

Sep 11, 2015 at 8:00 AM

firebug
    I tend not to agree with u but as u say it’s the done thing to come out with this pre game and the club need to capitalise on the remaining feel good factor which has held despite hard start to the season

We all know we need a win but the club have to say they know too

One thing though, out of curiosity if it was Colback, Mbemba or Gini for example would u feel different about it? I think I probably would tbh

• WWSBRD

Sep 11, 2015 at 8:04 AM

On another note if anyone is interested in listening to podcasts the true faith podcast have two very interesting ones out recently one where they cover the transfers with Caulkin and more recently an interview with Luke Edwards (whom I previously thought little of but he does have some interesting things to say)

Both well worth a listen if u have the time etc