We Need The Breaks – The Results Will Come

Newcastle haven’t scored a goal in our last three league games so hopefully we can score at West Ham on Monday night.

An upbeat Steve McClaren was positive as usual at his press conference today, and said Newcastle simply needed the breaks and the goals and the results will come.

steve mcclaren newcastle

Steve McClaren was upbeat at press conference today

Certainly the next three games at West Ham, and at home to Watford and Sheffield Wednesday in the League Cup,  are important and we need to pick up some wins in those games.

This is some of what Steve McClaren has said today during his press conference:

“We’ve played two games with ten men against quality opposition so we weren’t going to create a lot of chances in those games,”

“We have Papiss Cissé and Ayoze Perez who will be looking to prove a point, as all strikers do, and I believe we have enough quality in that position to get goals.”

“But we need the breaks. We need to play better football, create more chances, score more goals and the results will come.”

Newcastle haven’t played too bad in the first four league games of the season, but it hasn’t been consistent,  and as Steve says – when you are down to 10 men in the first half, it really restricts what you can do.

Yes, we need the breaks.

Thinks, maybe West Ham will go down to 10 men in the first half on Monday night?

That’s a nice thought – for us that is.

That would be a good break.

How Will Newcastle Fare At West Ham?

View Results

Byram – £6m

• will die for the toon army

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:14 PM

Lassango – 6m
    Matip – 8m
    Byram – 6m.

I dont think we will sign Austin we will go for a 23yr old. Pound for Pound.

We have Durmett and Haidara 23 and 22 respectively so I bet we will develop those.

• will die for the toon army

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:15 PM

I think we will sign a CM.

• Belfast

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:16 PM

Jail you’re right I didn’t. Although privately I thought it might have been a hoax lol

Bradley I wouldn’t get your hopes up. They don’t like doing business in the January transfer window.

• Mister Tuff

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:19 PM

Bulfast – interesting that the food banks are after volunteers. That’ll probably mean I’ll meet some new folk when I go to collect my groceries on Monday.

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:21 PM

Don’t think we will go for Matip, don’t think we should now we have an ACON CB in already anyway

• will die for the toon army

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:24 PM

AFRCON is jst 5 games.

Lee told us 3 windows and we have 150m to spend and we have a team to compete with the Top 6 Clubs.

• Mister Tuff

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:28 PM

tsunki -evening unfortunately I think the mischief makers will be back again -upsetting the applecart.
    Your analogy about hugging a lion isn’t bad -but I prefer to think of one of Aesops Fables – the scorpion and the frog. The old scorpion just cannot help his nature.
    Talking about scorpions – on my recent holiday nearly crapped myself sitting out one night on the patio – bloody scorpion trotting past. Caught it and later another a few days later to check it out properly. don’t know what species it was – about 1.5″ long dark brown with translucent legs. Put then back in a more quieter part of the garden.

• Tsunki

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:33 PM

Belfast tbf I also harboured and may even have voiced caution around the jimmymagpie time. He bore all the hallmarks of someone who had hung around the training and coaching part of nufc for some time. He annoyed some with his defensive and sometimes cantankerous approach, but he did get respect for the fact that he had his views and stuck to them. I think time told adequately that he hasn’t resurfaced, that was where nufc83 and cupid I think it was fell down. For the record, I didn’t mind nufc83 up to that point and he continues to make sensible posts, however his dogged defence of his theory to the end , despite Ed being emailed by his nephew I think it was, convinced me of the type of person nufc83 is.

• lesh

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:34 PM

Bradley…. Austin who?

Mr Tuff

You’re back from France and nowt’s changed on here. Still suffering the odd silly buggers!!

Anyway, back to Mitro…. I wonder if McClaren’s thought about asking Shearer to come into training and offer some of his wisdom to Mitro? Be hard by all means but be subtle with it.

• Tsunki

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:34 PM

Bradley I love optimism but most of all I think it’s always good to mention Austin.

• welshgeordie9

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:37 PM

We wil win 2-2 on Monday night with a hat trick from cisse.

• Tsunki

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:37 PM

Scorpions you say? Sounds like fun. I’m in Portugal atm, looking out for poisonous snakes there too.

• welshgeordie9

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:38 PM

Any news on Austin.

• Tsunki

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:39 PM

I’m with Welsh don’t know about Cisse but I’ll go with 2-1 . The slurp monster Mrs Merson is a certain for false positives.

• Tsunki

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:40 PM

Welsh btw is that a typo or a joke ? Either way it’s a poor choice.

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:48 PM

will die
    5 games is a big chunk of a season without both ur first choice CBs

And the 150mill is very much make believe at this point imo trusting Ashley has never ended well for anyone Newcastle related

• welshgeordie9

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:54 PM

Is it only now you got it, not very quick are you, 0-60 in 4 weeks springs to mind.

Ha ha ha

• chewbaccy

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:02 PM

Laughing at oneself is a sign of madness.

• welshgeordie9

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:06 PM

That’s because i am mad.

• welshgeordie9

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:07 PM

You new to this blog or have you changed your name again.

• bladeuser

Crawlers out

• will die for the toon army

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:48 PM

Pessimistic Fans OUT!!!!!!

• Tsunki

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:49 PM

Welsh typically you mistake the stunned hesitation caused by the embarrassment of your limp wit for not getting your….er…..joke.

60 gallons to the mile comes to mind

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:49 PM

On your mark
    Get set let’s go
    You got to move on
    Before Belfast explodes
    Look out the window
    Lookout below
    Back away from the glass
    There Welsh blows
    The city’s been leveled
    Hills are in flames
    Streets cracked open
    And they’re pushin’ up clay
    Temperature’s dropped
    Sky is grey
    And it ain’t even over
    Here comes drivin’ rain
    It ain’t Skunki
    That you feel
    There’s something moving
    Around in here
    That’s blood
    That’s tears
    This ain’t a warning…

Everybody out of the blog!

• Munster Mag

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:54 PM

Completely agree with billion and have said same before. Mitro deserved straight red , end of. No amount of hand wringing re Martin known van change that. I stand by my guess that this immature Serbian nutter will accumulate more cards than goals this season

Sep 11, 2015 at 8:00 PM

will die
    Why should pessimistic fans be, as u put it, OUT?

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 11, 2015 at 8:40 PM

I am trying ones best to be optimistic about this new dawn and have given our philanthropostic billionare another chance to redeem himself, but you simply can’t label somebody as a pessimist after the relegation, relegation scares and horrendous goal difference over the last eight
    years , I’m not going to label you as a Prozac abuser with his head in the clouds.

• will die for the toon army

Sep 11, 2015 at 9:11 PM

Lets give these guys a chance its a new dawn.
    1. New Board
    2. New Coaching staff
    3. New players

Am happy with wat I have seen so far.

• Tsunki

Sep 11, 2015 at 9:22 PM

it’s a new dawn,
    It’s a new day,
    it’s a new li-ife…
    ..and I’m fee-eeling…….

Cry me a River.

• will die for the toon army

Sep 11, 2015 at 9:28 PM

If only we had Shearer as the Ambassador and a board member at least he wld have a pulling factor for some players and I wld also b around the club.

• Sack Llambias

Sep 11, 2015 at 9:31 PM

Jail well said as always. I agree that you have to ask about a new dawn . Can Fatso perform like that In every transfer window. There is if our form is bad and we might be relegated and no t. v money for him this way. Lets see what happens and decide then but your right in not deciding yet.

• Jail for Ashley

Sep 11, 2015 at 9:33 PM

Sack Llambias,
    Stick your shenanigans up your ar$e you fraudster !

• Bobbybee

Sep 11, 2015 at 9:40 PM

Just back from the game. What is it with us v Arsenal? Ten men again. Dominated the game until going down to ten men. Kevin Mbabu had a belting game at right back, before switching to CB following the sending off. I rated him before his bad injury and now he looks back to his best. Good game despite the score.

• Bobbybee

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:03 PM

If Mbabu can continue improving we won’t have far to go to find cover for Janmaat. Gillead showed his pace throughout the game and deserved his goal. Don’t recall Darlow once kicking long from goal kicks either, playing the ball out on the floor. Made a couple of good saves as well. Out played Arsenal completely until the unfortunate red card, but hey! That’s Arsenal 🙂

• Thump

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:13 PM

Can Fatso perform like that In every transfer window

Oh man, good times.

• magscar

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:31 PM

Thanks for update on U21’s. Seems like Mbabu might be picking up his form again. What about Toney from NUFC.com seems like he had a fairly busy night – is he looking a prospect?

• Jib

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:34 PM

I fancied a game of darts with my mate.
    He said, “Nearest the bull goes first”
    He went “Baah” and I went “Moo”
    He said “You’re closest”

• toon kk

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:38 PM

Its hard to judge how we’re going to do this season, but going off how we’ve started and bearing in mind most of the squad are the same players that were so poor they almost got us relegated last season, I’m not sure when or if we are capable of competing in this league.
    No shots on target and only 30% of possession is relegation form.
    Why we didn’t go for a quality proven striker with experience is beyond me.