The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

This Is The Way Ashley Can Make Big Money Off Newcastle

3:46 pm, Saturday, September 12th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 120 Comments

It’s very difficult to make money when you own a football club.

One way to try to do that is by building up the profits every year, which is something Mike Ashley tried – and he put the financials at Newcastle in a very good state, but if the team doesn’t do well on the field of play it doesn’t mean too much.

Mike Ashley Sky Sports West Ham Match May 2015

Mike Ashley – vows to invest in Newcastle

It’s something Mike Ashley will have learned over the last eight years – assuming he didn’t already know that back in 2007.

When clubs go public – it’s also very difficult to make money off their stock,  simply because sports clubs are not good  investments, and history has proven that.

Investing money in Newcastle United is a bad idea – at least financially.

Mike Ashley seems to have learned that being top of the financial league table in England means (absolutely) nothing, and the only thing that matters in football is how the team performs on the pitch.

And if Mike Ashley could build a top team at Newcastle and start to finish in the top four of the Premier League, and start winning things, then the club would be worth a lot more than he paid for Newcastle eight years ago.

Ashley paid about £133M for Newcastle in the summer of 2007, and he has put about £135M into the club since that time – so if Mike were to sell Newcastle, he would need to sell for about £270M to get his money back.

So there’s  a big financial benefit  why Ashley should want to build a top team and have Newcastle win a local cup in England – which we haven’t achieved for 50 years.

Being in the Champions League also adds a significant amount to the club’s value, not to mention the £32M minimum the club will rake in by reaching and playing in the group stages of the Champions League.

When Mike Ashley arrived at the club, he talked about building the global brand of Newcastle United, but he hasn’t been successful in doing that – and in fact if anything our brand has been devalued over the last eight years.

But it’s interesting that Mike Ashley came out in May and said he wanted Newcastle to win something before he would consider selling the club.

He also promised that Newcastle would start to make their own luck.

The summer was very encouraging with four good players brought in and over £52M spent.

It will take time to build up the quality of the squad – but if Mike Ashley continues to invest in the club, and Steve McClaren and his coaching team can make Newcastle into a very good side – then who knows what we can achieve and what we can win in say the next three years.

And then Mike Ashley can sell the club and make a big profit on what he bought the club for back in 2007.

But he must make Newcastle United into a top team in England again, and then it’s a win-win strategy for both club and for Mike Ashley.

Sounds good to us.

Tags: European Champions League · FA Cup · Financial Fair Play · Financials · League Cup · Newcastle News · Premier League · Recruitment · Transfer News and Rumours

120 responses so far ↓

• 1 toon kk // Sep 12, 2015 at 3:53 PM

What a quality hungry side Pards has with Palace, its all down to pace, we’re light years behind them.

• 2 Tsunki // Sep 12, 2015 at 3:53 PM

Ruddy Out!

• 3 Tsunki // Sep 12, 2015 at 3:54 PM

I agree with Belfast I always got along with Ruddy, not fussed about Cieran 😉

• 4 Belfast // Sep 12, 2015 at 3:56 PM

Charlie Austin scored today Ed.

• 5 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Sep 12, 2015 at 3:56 PM

Yo from previous thread

Woefully short at centre half still, with Colo still in the side and Saylor and Willo poor players. Mbemba could be decent but it’s early days. CM is still a problem position as I’m not sold on Anita, I can count on one hand the number of games Sissoko performs well in a season and Colback is bang average with work ethic. In attacking positions Thauvin could be a very good player, Wijnaldum looks a good addition too, but we’re missing any pace in our attack, Up front we’ve got a few options which is good but all in all I think our squad is seriously lacking when Obertan is making the bench…

Just my thoughts.

• 6 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Sep 12, 2015 at 3:57 PM

Yeah that Ciaran bloke was a right knob head. I’m glad he’s gone. All we need now is fake Ruddy back and it’ll be like the good old days :p

• 7 Jib // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:00 PM

The premise of that argument is totally wrong.

This morning Ian posted an article from the Times chief Sports Writer which talked about the money that sloshes around the EPL changing the demographics of footy and undermining the need for a big fan base.
    If you take the arguments one step further , all clubs must , on a simple accounting basis , be worth about 10 years net profits.

Which means AFC Bournemouth must be worth about £450 million.

Watford will make about double what the winner of this years Champions League will make.

The landscape has shifted dramatically.
    I don’t know if Mike Ashley has amazing business prescience or is a jammy bugger but he couldn’t have bought the Toon at a better time.

Fat Freddy must be furious.

• 8 Pokat // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:05 PM

Yeah Skunki you can’t even spell Ciaran properly he was an alright bloke!

• 9 SPRINGY // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:06 PM

any decent palace game links

• 10 Belfast // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:06 PM

Ed did you not hear me?

Charlie Austin scored today. Nudge nudge wink wink.

• 11 Belfast // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:07 PM

You always where the popular one Pokat

• 12 WWSBRD // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:09 PM

CB we have 6 atm mate club look at numbers not quality so that’s more that what the club want already hence no FB cover what do ever

CM again we are stocked with numbers and wasn’t the worst off in the starting 11 so club can afford to ignore it. The top 8 thing is a future target not for this season. It is a building process mate and I’ve no doubt it’ll be slow

• 13 Tsunki // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:09 PM

Cram it Polekat you got me in enough trouble. Ed get that Austin article out pronto!

• 14 Belfast // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:11 PM

I would hazard a guess the next article will be *January target scores again*

• 15 toon kk // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:13 PM

We have to stay in the premier league for Mash to try and do anything with the club, paying Millions on a lone striker who is really not ready for the prem is ok but will he be enough? Im not so sure. Another gamble. A proven goal scorer would have made more sense.

• 16 Tsunki // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:14 PM

I must have traversed a parallel universe I can’t remember agreeing to everything Ruddy said in a post before. Or have I changed that much ha ha

• 17 Ron Knee // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:14 PM

• 18 WWSBRD // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:15 PM

On topic
    This assumes Ashley isn’t already getting exactly what he wants from his ownership. We can only hope someone offers him a pot of gold and he finally leaves the North for good soon

The parties that will be had in Newcastle on that day, bright sunshine in the hearts of all toon fans on that day

• 19 Mister Tuff // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:16 PM

Mr Tubbs……………………………..OOT
    Yodellers of bwave new world……OOT
    Jib Jibberish……………………………OOT
    Jibs’ Uncle Peanut……………………OOT
    Heros from across the sea………….OOT

• 20 SPRINGY // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:24 PM

cheers ron knee
    bored so may as well watch that!lol

• 21 tonynufc // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:26 PM

Right lads. Can anyone Shine some light on what I have is worth. I have a signed ball of the whole Newcastle team from 85/86.may b 84/85. Bought at charity for £50 28 years ago. Any ideas or takers

• 22 Tsunki // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:33 PM

Can’t agree in any way with the article. Mike took a punt on a cheap purchase of a marketable brand which uniquely served his promotional purposes for SD. I’m sure his analysts foresaw to some extent the globalisation of the game as satellite TV extended it’s iron grip around the entertainment and information globe. There’s never been a better time to own a football club PROVIDING that you don’t allow yourself to forget that the sporting institution is what holds up it’s value as an entertainment proposition. Mike did release his grip on that and last season was a jab in the buttocks with a pointed stick. Unfortunately I am still of the opinion he has spent only enough to keep the old man propped up, and the promises of ‘winning something’ are little more than appeasement. But that’s my cynical slant. I may, hopefully be wonderfully proved wrong.

• 23 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:34 PM

Ruddy…been great thank you 🙂

…another offspring and busy ad hell!

Have you finished law school?

• 24 Tsunki // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:36 PM

Jesper I think he’s a Criminal lawyer. Bound to be.

• 25 Tsunki // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:38 PM

Tony nufc – so you say you only have one ball?

• 26 WWSBRD // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:40 PM

I bid £2.50

• 27 Jib // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:42 PM

It depends on the sigs

You should have

If you also have Beardsley Waddle MacDonald better

If it should have Gascoigne as well very good.

If its in a display case 3 or 4 hundred

Just the ball max £200

• 28 tonynufc // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:47 PM

Just one ball. Mitre England ball. But faded but expected over 28 years but definitely gazza on there. Some hard to .ale out cos they are autographs. And they can look nothing like the names

• 29 WWSBRD // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:49 PM

Gazzas on it? Hmm put my bid up to £3.50

• 30 tonynufc // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:51 PM

Piss of wwsbrd

• 31 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:56 PM

Not a chance we’ll ever get to 8th + a cup unless we start spending a lot more in order to catch up and keep pace with the other sides competing for top 8. Either that, or we drastically improve what is coming out of our academy to supplement the first team.

We’ve not produced a single player (save Dummett, and Saylor) who are legitimate first teamers so numbers mean nowt. I don’t consider the likes of Mbabu, Satka et al because they’re nowhere near the first team, same for midfielders. My concern is about the quality of our first team squad and it’s just not there to be at the level we want to be and I don’t foresee it ever being at the level where we’ll be challenging top 8 – not under Ashley anyway.

• 32 WWSBRD // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:57 PM

4.50 but that better include postage

• 33 tonynufc // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:58 PM

Seriously. What do yous think the value is

• 34 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:59 PM

I should rephrase – they are near the first team, but they’re not where they need to be in terms of quality to be actual first team players.

• 35 Belfast // Sep 12, 2015 at 4:59 PM

Is this ball flat?

• 36 WWSBRD // Sep 12, 2015 at 5:01 PM

Haha cup run? Am yet to be convinced that’s anything other than guff yet mate. Heard it all before. I expect the real target is stay in the PL and increase our players value

We’ve got Aaron’s and Sammy (who is alright, worthy squad player in my eyes better than Goofy and fills the HG quota) both sort of out of the academy

• 37 tonynufc // Sep 12, 2015 at 5:03 PM

Yes Belfast. Wouldn’t expect it to be fully inflated after 28 years

• 38 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Sep 12, 2015 at 5:04 PM

Personally I think Sammy is utter cack. Aarons has played what, 6/7 games for us? He’s an unknown quantity as well so it’s hard to judge him either, but he looks like he could be a good first team player, so decent shout.

On the cup run, I agree, it’s nothing but guff. The target is what it’s always been – and that will be his greatest victory. Selling us the same shit and convincing us it’s different.

• 39 WWSBRD // Sep 12, 2015 at 5:04 PM

Mate it’s a blog not eBay get on to the backpage shop in town and they can give u an idea or Google a NUFC memorabilia web site

Any idea u get on here is going to be pie in the sky bs

• 40 tonynufc // Sep 12, 2015 at 5:06 PM

I was only trying to get an idea b4.I did that

• 41 WWSBRD // Sep 12, 2015 at 5:09 PM

Nar I quite like Sammy. Agree on Aaron’s very unknown but does look to have something so could come good could equally disappear into the void quickly enough

Am open to being proved wrong but am not swayed by Ashley’s “interview”

• 42 WWSBRD // Sep 12, 2015 at 5:12 PM

As I say mate there is no reason to believe anything said on here I could say it’s worth 3 grand Ruddy could say 10 quid no proof to say either of us are more reliable than the other one. Least the back page will give u are reliable idea that u can then check

Though my offer of 4.50 is still on the table

• 43 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Sep 12, 2015 at 5:15 PM

As far as Ameobis go, he’s decent. Pacey and surprisingly good feet for a gangly lad, but I don’t think there’s any end product from him, just a lot of running and a few neat touches.

I didn’t believe Ashley for a second during the infamous interview, but was going to scope our summer business and see if he was going to come good. 4 senior arrivals were not enough. Especially given that the signings we made weren’t really in critical positions – yes a new CB was important, but the likes of Willo and Obertan should have been shipped out and replaced if he was serious about building a decent squad. On top of that further signings were needed at CB, CM, perhaps another squad player to play RB in place of Janmaat because no way is Saylor or Anita good enough to play there.

I’d be amazed if we are ever proved wrong by Ashley. I’m not open to being swayed on him. Too much has gone on in the past. Not me being petty, or closed minded, just being realistic.

• 44 Belfast // Sep 12, 2015 at 5:17 PM

Tony I’ve a brand new Sondico one fully pumped up not a scratch on it. I’ll swap you if you want?

Nah seriously you’ll not know until you put it up on Ebay. You’ll definitely sell it like, but don’t have a scooby what you’ll get for it.

• 45 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Sep 12, 2015 at 5:24 PM

Tsunki…I think you might be right 😉

• 46 angelswithdirtyfaces // Sep 12, 2015 at 5:26 PM

Aye that Ciaran was an argumentative sod.
    All we need now is Beattie25 and Solano for a royal flush.

Do agree though that 8th is beyond us. Even though Macca is getting the side to play better football it hasn’t been enough to get a home win against Southampton or a second consecutive win at Old Trafford – and Manure look pretty average.

We still need the results though to give the lads enough confidence to really gel and takeoff as a side – otherwise, if we stay in say 15-19th position, psychologically the lads are lways on an uphill struggle and not riding the crest of a decent winning run, or consistent good form.

• 47 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Sep 12, 2015 at 5:27 PM

I always try to picture what people do. Tsunki is a kitchen fitter of course and Belfast is a social worker and his real name is Geraldine 😉 lol

• 48 Tsunki // Sep 12, 2015 at 5:27 PM

Tony nufc if you had the original pair it would be worth thous…oh sorry that’s ming vases.

I won’t tell you my max bid but safe to say I’m currently highest at £4.75

• 49 toon kk // Sep 12, 2015 at 5:27 PM

When people aren’t sure how good we are, which most clearly haven’t got a f ing clue going off people saying we had a top eight side last season and now this, look at the table it NEVER lies. Still early days of this season but with in the next 3 games we’ll have a good idea.

• 50 Tsunki // Sep 12, 2015 at 5:33 PM

Right about what Jesper please right about what?

• 51 WWSBRD // Sep 12, 2015 at 5:34 PM

Aye but have to balance the squad overhaul McClaren was never going to want a huge turn over in players, he already said his plan is 3 windows so give him that imo once that’s up we should be a consistent top 10 team

Am of the opinion it’s rarely completely gone Ashley could turn it around with a lot of effort…don’t think he ever will though

• 52 WWSBRD // Sep 12, 2015 at 5:37 PM

Am up for a solano return I throughly enjoyed that bloke posting

Even Beattie I found common ground with eventually…I’d love a Angryman the Angryfan reappearance as well that would show some up on here!

U….I will increase my bid to £6 if u pump it up

• 53 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Sep 12, 2015 at 5:58 PM

Tsunki…yeah that one got your attention mate;)

Not everyday someone tells you you’re right! About Ruddy and what lawyer he might be!

• 54 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Sep 12, 2015 at 5:59 PM

What are we bidding for?

• 55 Toon Tang // Sep 12, 2015 at 6:04 PM

We’ll be a point ahead of Chelsea come Monday night.. The futures bright peoples

• 56 Tsunki // Sep 12, 2015 at 6:07 PM

Jesper it ain’t any day. 😐

Hang on so he’s pumping the ball up now? £6.50

• 57 Tsunki // Sep 12, 2015 at 6:09 PM

Hmm. Does that increase the postage?

• 58 WWSBRD // Sep 12, 2015 at 6:13 PM

Postage was included from 3.50 upwards as far as I was concerned

I concede defeat though the ball is urs! Too rich for my blood

• 59 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Sep 12, 2015 at 6:13 PM

And what day is it then?

• 60 Tsunki // Sep 12, 2015 at 6:19 PM

Looks like I have your ball tonynufc. A bit eye-watering, I know, but there it is.

• 61 Sack Llambias // Sep 12, 2015 at 6:19 PM

April 14, 2015

I really liked Ian Toon, though we had our little scrapes.
    He liked Jeff too….oddly

There is no evidence whatsoever for your shocking suggestion that he ever talked to himself.

Thank you for remembering him fondly. Its all too rare an occurrence on this blog.
    And if you ever bump him, please tell him I was asking after him.

• 62 SUTTY1978 // Sep 12, 2015 at 6:29 PM

Chelsea game will be interesting, relegation six pointer.

• 63 welshgeordie9 // Sep 12, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Liverpool not that good tonight, think there’s going to be a lot of pressure on Rodgers now in the next couple of weeks.

• 64 CypriotDelight // Sep 12, 2015 at 6:52 PM

Liverpool not convincing at all. Had some luck but now being found out.
    Don’t think Man Utd are brill but they are grinding the results out.

• 65 CypriotDelight // Sep 12, 2015 at 6:55 PM

Hope we can sort ourselves out soon as some of these teams are there for the taking!
    Some crazy results so far this season….no wonder I am bottom of the footie predictor league lol

• 66 lesh // Sep 12, 2015 at 7:08 PM

Copied from the BBC – Crystal Palace manager Alan Pardew does not want his team to play in the Europa League until the format is changed because of the difficulties of juggling it with the Premier League.

I’m sure we’re all delighted to see that Pardew’s self-confidence wasn’t totally shattered by the harsh treatment he received from NUFC fans.

• 67 lesh // Sep 12, 2015 at 7:11 PM

Liverpool carried some luck?

They’ve had more than their fair share over the years – despite what the whining gits’ll argue!

• 68 CypriotDelight // Sep 12, 2015 at 7:12 PM

Shit the bed that is a beauty!

• 69 Ron Knee // Sep 12, 2015 at 7:12 PM

What a goal!

• 70 CypriotDelight // Sep 12, 2015 at 7:14 PM

Ha ha lesh spot on mate. Got some bin dipping mates who rub it in when they can and whinge about everything! They are all on Rodgers back now though…

• 71 CypriotDelight // Sep 12, 2015 at 7:16 PM

Good start to the prem young man 🙂

I predicted 3-2 for this game…..

• 72 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Sep 12, 2015 at 7:20 PM

Stephen Tyler comparing Benteke’s magic goal to a pena;lt. box ping pong goal from Martial as equal what a tosser.

• 73 CypriotDelight // Sep 12, 2015 at 7:26 PM

Never, Benteke’s goal was a thing of beauty like a Breakaway bar with no biscuit in it, an egg with two yolks or a magic poo even. No comparison…

• 74 SUTTY1978 // Sep 12, 2015 at 7:27 PM

My god Tyler has shown his allegiances there, think he’s gone to knock one out over Martial now. Didn’t remember the commentators going that mad when Wijnaldum scored on his debut! Find the big team love in disgusting.

• 75 Jail for Ashley // Sep 12, 2015 at 7:29 PM

Sack Llambias,
    Again, what was the purpose of that post !

• 76 SUTTY1978 // Sep 12, 2015 at 7:30 PM

No doubt we will continue to see Rooney’s overhead volley at every opportunity whereas Benteke’s will consigned to the history books. Know which one was better in my eyes.

• 77 WWSBRD // Sep 12, 2015 at 7:31 PM

Man Utd over spent but people will quickly forget if that kid does that a few more time that was beautiful

Benteke was bloody good too but Martial was very reminiscent of Henry…annoyingly

• 78 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Sep 12, 2015 at 7:31 PM

Always hated him……. biased and openly so… He should be banned…

Benteke is pure class…wow.

• 79 Thump // Sep 12, 2015 at 7:31 PM

“There is no evidence Ian Toon ever talked to himself”

Sorry to burst your bubble, Ian, but yeah there is.

• 80 CypriotDelight // Sep 12, 2015 at 7:32 PM

Big team love-in sucks, especially when done by the refs!

• 81 WWSBRD // Sep 12, 2015 at 7:32 PM

Tbf Martials goal was better than Gini’s goal and commentators have been singing Gini’s praises every time I have watched a game

• 82 SUTTY1978 // Sep 12, 2015 at 7:33 PM

Sack Llambias is like a drunk old uncle asleep after Xmas dinner who just wakes up every few minutes and blurts out a few unintelligible utterances before falling asleep again

• 83 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Sep 12, 2015 at 7:34 PM

To compare Benteke even as a player who is a PM proven scorer to a new kid is laughable.

What if Mitro scored that outrageous header vs United ? Would he be taunted … no.

Anyhow…. pity Liverpool lost, my hatred for united could not be bigger.

• 84 SUTTY1978 // Sep 12, 2015 at 7:35 PM

WW, was it though, he just got a lucky knock off Skertels ankle? Thought it was just shite defending.

• 85 SUTTY1978 // Sep 12, 2015 at 7:37 PM

I equally despise Man U and Liverpool.

Blinds goal was far superior to Martials

• 86 OneAlanShearer // Sep 12, 2015 at 7:40 PM

The absolute irony of souness moaning about Liverpool playing square begs in round holes. He did exactly that at nufc…A left midfielder in the right a central midfielder on the left a right midfielder at left back….The guy is a hypocrite.

• 87 WWSBRD // Sep 12, 2015 at 7:42 PM

If Mitrovics header had gone in against Man Utd would he of been touted? Yeah he really would of been…he’d of been on the back of loads of papers with people making comparisons to Shearer left right and centre

Looks more like quick feet and good close control but whether it hits the CBs ankle doesn’t change the movement speed decision and shot, if Perez scored that goal there would be no end of acclaim for him, it’s a fine goal imo

• 88 SUTTY1978 // Sep 12, 2015 at 7:47 PM

WW, if Perez scored that we would be acclaiming him but do you think Martin Tyler would be shouting “oooooohhhhhhhh yyyyyyeeeeeeessssss” like it was the goal thats just won the world cup rather than the meaningless goal that it was?

• 89 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Sep 12, 2015 at 7:48 PM

exactly…. he disgusts me.

• 90 WWSBRD // Sep 12, 2015 at 7:52 PM

Don’t know mate not sure I really would care tbh commentary means very little to me…bet if u listened to the Spanish commentary they would scream like there was no tomorrow about it

Plus the Martial wasn’t really a meaningless goal

• 91 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Sep 12, 2015 at 7:54 PM

Sadly you have obviously never listened to `Spanish commentators who react to that for BOTH teams,

He was very quiet when Benteke ripped their net apart.

• 92 Belfast // Sep 12, 2015 at 7:59 PM

Yep the high pitched squeal from Tyler was completely unnecessary. 50 million pound player scores goal shock horror.

• 93 WWSBRD // Sep 12, 2015 at 8:00 PM

Again bud am not really fussed by the commentary, can’t judge a goal because the commentators reaction surely

• 94 Belfast // Sep 12, 2015 at 8:01 PM

They’re talking about the guy like he was emptying the bins a couple of weeks ago. 🙂

• 95 SUTTY1978 // Sep 12, 2015 at 8:03 PM

If i’d watched the game with the sound off I would have thought that Benteke’s goal was bloody brilliant and Martials was alright, pretty decent but the third goal in a three goal win, icing on the cake is all it was. Certainly not worthy of the praise lavished on him by one side of the Skysports team – they summed the game up as a Martial masterclass, Jesus c’mon.

• 96 Belfast // Sep 12, 2015 at 8:03 PM

Zip it Wwsbrd.

Jesper i’m not a social worker by the way. I’m a people smuggler.

• 97 SUTTY1978 // Sep 12, 2015 at 8:05 PM

Belfast, yeah, biggest moment of his career apparently, not like he was playing for a half decent team before that. A team that Man U had to borrow a player off last season because they couldn’t afford one of their own!

• 98 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Sep 12, 2015 at 8:12 PM

But your real name is Geraldine 😉 lol

• 99 WWSBRD // Sep 12, 2015 at 8:15 PM

Haha jog on Belfast

Id have Martials goal over Bentekes personally. As for the headlines he’s the most expensive teenager in football and he just scored a goal on his debut against Man Utds biggest rivals at Old Trafford with a goal reminiscent of one of the greatest strikers the PL has seen…am not really shocked people are keen to promote that

• 100 WWSBRD // Sep 12, 2015 at 8:16 PM

Anyway on a more NUFC related thought Sammy did rather well today by all accounts

• 101 Belfast // Sep 12, 2015 at 8:19 PM

Nope Jesper it’s Aarhus hole.

Just passing through tonight. Yodelling with Ian on the rocks of the brave new world this evening.

Ta ra!

• 102 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Sep 12, 2015 at 8:35 PM

Are you sure you’re not a social worker?

…would explain your connection to Ian 😉

• 103 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Sep 12, 2015 at 8:38 PM

“…I will turn, I will turn your tide
    Do all that I can to heal you inside
    I will be the angel on your shoulder
    My name is Geraldine, I’m your social worker”

• 104 Jail for Ashley // Sep 12, 2015 at 8:48 PM

Can anyone get to the bottom of this sack Llambias chap, he very rarely posts, he very rarely posts on anything football related, Ian Toon has accused me of being him. He posts a load of shit one day using all the terms I do when describing mashers, fatso etc and tonight he posts more shite but mentioning BandB and Ian Toon. Something not right !

• 105 welshgeordie9 // Sep 12, 2015 at 8:48 PM

Any news on Charlie Austin.

• 106 welshgeordie9 // Sep 12, 2015 at 8:49 PM

To be honest jail you don’t always talk about football.

• 107 SUTTY1978 // Sep 12, 2015 at 8:51 PM

Jail, I think he is the ghost of blog past. He’ll be quoting Torq Toon’s French transfer nugget’s tomorrow

• 108 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Sep 12, 2015 at 9:08 PM

There are a few bloggers on here who are very difficult to comprehend!

• 109 Jib // Sep 12, 2015 at 9:11 PM

Sack Llambias

• 110 Jib // Sep 12, 2015 at 9:15 PM

“There are a few bloggers on here who are very difficult to comprehend!”

God bless you,you little Danish pastry.

Ha ha ha

• 111 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Sep 12, 2015 at 9:19 PM

Pennywise…I am sorry but don’t speak jibberish!

• 112 Jib // Sep 12, 2015 at 9:23 PM

Old bean you are fluent in Gibberish (correct spelling)
    Only this morning you were telling the English speaking world that a Times article was incomprehensible you pompous pr)ck

• 113 Jib // Sep 12, 2015 at 9:35 PM

watching the proms
    Morning from peer gynt by edvard grieg
    Another scandinavian knobber

• 114 Jib // Sep 12, 2015 at 9:36 PM

Ha ha ha

• 115 will die for the toon army // Sep 12, 2015 at 9:36 PM

It looks like its Perez ahead of Cisse. We shld sell Cisse if we r not going to use him.

• 116 Jib // Sep 12, 2015 at 9:38 PM

I was having dinner with my boss and his wife and she said to me, “How many potatoes would you like Jib?” I said, “Ooh I’ll just have one please.” She said, “It’s OK, you don’t have to be polite.” “Alright” I said, “I’ll just have one then, you stupid cow!”

• 117 Jib // Sep 12, 2015 at 9:39 PM

Carmen now
    Bizet rocks

• 118 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Sep 12, 2015 at 9:45 PM

Pennywise…I am sorry were you saying something?

• 119 will die for the toon army // Sep 12, 2015 at 9:54 PM