The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Highly Placed In Europe´s Biggest Net Spenders

4:12 pm, Wednesday, September 16th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 146 Comments

talkSPORT has issued a list of the biggest spenders in Europe last summer and Newcastle are down as having spent£ £42M – but according to Managing Director Lee Charnley we spent £52.6M.

Given Newcastle spent £42M we are 9th in list of top net spenders in Europe for  last summer.

Lee Charnley – Newcastle´s top executive
That´s a strange smile

Here is the list of the top ten new spenders in Europe for last summer.

1. Manchester City £101.3M
  2. Valencia £63.4M
  3. Milan £60.9M
  4. Paris Saint Germain £60M
  5. Atletico Madrid £46.8M
  6. Manchester United £43.4M
  7. Real Madrid £42.9M
  8. Juventus £42.9M
  9. Newcastle United £42M
  10. Bayern Munich £40M

If Newcastle were credited with £52.6M net spend we would be 5th in the list and Newcastle signed Gini Wijnaldum, Aleksandar Mitrovic, Chancel Mbemba and Florian Thauvin.

So Newcastle join the two Manchester clubs as the only English clubs in the top ten net spenders for last summer.

It? getting like the top clubs in Europe try to outdo each other in their spending over the summer – and of course Manchester City – the best team money can buy are top of the list.

It hasn´t done Newcastle much good yet and none of the other teams are bottom of the league in their countries at the moment.

However, much better things are still to come from Newcastle United.

But facts like this will also put pressure on Steve McClaren to start producing the goods at Newcastle.

This big spending is likely to continue and the Financial Fair Play Rules have not been a success – although UEFA did penalize Manchester  City and PSG last summer – by fining them around £50M.

How´s  that for a  punishment – give us more of your money.

But they did place restrictions on transfer spending and a reduction in the club’s squad size for the Champions League, but the punishment was like a slap on the wrist.

UEFA had said a few years back when the FFP rules were introduced, they would ban clubs from competing in Europe, who didn´t abide by the rules.

That would have been a punishment that hit those clubs both in the pocket and also their prestige as clubs, by not being allowed them to compete in Europe.

But it didn´t happen.

Tags: Financial Fair Play · Financials · Newcastle News · Other News

146 responses so far ↓

• 1 will die for the toon army // Sep 16, 2015 at 4:19 PM

Nothing to show for it.

Our best team:
    Thauvin……………De Jong. …………….Perez

• 2 Ibizatoon // Sep 16, 2015 at 4:26 PM

Are the difference in figures to do with wages by any chance?

• 3 Bobbybee // Sep 16, 2015 at 4:27 PM

Will die, that would probably be my first choice given the chance. Both holding midfielders are well capable of breaking out with pace and power to start attacks, with the attacking mids providing the ammo for the big man. Add to that January’s signings – whoever they may be – and the future ain’t all bad is it? 🙂

• 4 bettyswallocks // Sep 16, 2015 at 4:31 PM

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but imagine if we had signed Payet , Andre Ayew. Gomis and the fast Spanish winger from Swansea. Forgot his name but all these were realistically accessible.

• 5 SPRINGY // Sep 16, 2015 at 4:32 PM

dont like 4-2-3-1…..but thats what i’d play

• 6 SPRINGY // Sep 16, 2015 at 4:34 PM

thats with the players available now

• 7 Bobbybee // Sep 16, 2015 at 4:38 PM

Got to agree with Ed on ffp – what a joke. Fining clubs that have bottomless pockets isn’t punishment. Banning them from the CL – as was promised to rule breakers – would have genuinely shook things up, but they bottled it big time.
    As an aside, does anybody agree that the latest info coming out of FIFA, regarding the sale of tv rights that profited one man 11 million smackers, must see Blatter’s little empire crumble at long last? Surely this is the evidence against that odious little worm that finishes him off?

• 8 hibbit // Sep 16, 2015 at 4:40 PM

not over the last 5 years Ed one of the lowest net spend top flight clubs in europe…….. we will always be chasing our tail with this owner 2 steps forward 3 steps back…… yes we bought players but not the players we needed and still need

• 9 Bobbybee // Sep 16, 2015 at 4:45 PM

Springy, decent team marra, but not sure about tiote this season. He doesn’t even look like a footballer just now. I’ve no idea how he could’ve been so good, but now look so bad, in such a short time 😉

• 10 SPRINGY // Sep 16, 2015 at 4:46 PM

fining billionaire club tens of thousand of pounds is like fining me less then a quid!….they’ll break the rules take the fine and walk away laughing….points deduction and a transfer ban myt be a better option….not platini will do much good tbh

• 11 SPRINGY // Sep 16, 2015 at 4:46 PM

not sure platini#

• 12 bettyswallocks // Sep 16, 2015 at 4:47 PM

Bobby……. Looks like Blatters bang to rights , but the slippery little worm seems to be coated in something that s..t doesn’t stick to.

• 13 pawl250 // Sep 16, 2015 at 4:48 PM

For Watford I would go 4-3-3

Janmaat – Mbemba – Coloccini – Haidara
    Sissoko – Anita – Wijnaldum
    Thauvin – Perez – Aarons

Darlow, Taylor, Colback, Tiote, Obertan, De Jong, Cisse

Taylor/Lascelles if injured
    Tiote/Gouffran if injured

Pace, Pace, Pace and more PACE!
    Attack, Attack and more Attack!

Do not think De Jong is fit enough to start, he still looks abit jaded compared to his normal self (looking at his old club obv for that comparison)

I was hesitant to put in Thauvin, but against Watford if he cannot deliver the goods then he simply needs dropped.

• 14 SPRINGY // Sep 16, 2015 at 4:50 PM

i put tiote in coz he’s done that job before..and good… knows the position and how to play it….agreed im unsure whether he can get back to what he was?..i dont no mate but he could hold while sissoko breaks…thats the idea

• 15 Geordie1 // Sep 16, 2015 at 4:53 PM

Ed you honestly don’t think that fat boy and pugsly would tell the truth do ya? they have been spinning lies for the last 8 years so this is nothing new.

ASHLEY OUT!!!!!!!

• 16 SPRINGY // Sep 16, 2015 at 4:55 PM

question…with the players we have…would a 3-5-2..or maybe 4-1-3-2?….just grasping at straws trying to get 2 up front!!lol

• 17 BandB // Sep 16, 2015 at 4:55 PM

That’s not a smile on Charnley’s fizzog Ed.
    That’s his forgot to lock the netty door face.

• 18 toon kk // Sep 16, 2015 at 4:55 PM

The difference is we’ve spent 50mil for the first time and other clubs up at the top have been spending for years. On average over the years we’ve spent very little actually.

• 19 Bobbybee // Sep 16, 2015 at 4:56 PM

Betty, he has been teflon man in the past, but this latest evidence must do for him. It calls into question everything else he’s been involved in – including the next world cup allocation. FIFA needs to remove everybody and start afresh imo, because the whole lot has been tainted by his actions. How can anybody previously involved pass this so called ethics test? Sickening. Get rid of the lot and make everything FIFA does in the future totally transparent. And if they say ‘don’t you trust us?’ Laugh at them and point to the last 30 yrs or so. 😉

• 20 Ibizatoon // Sep 16, 2015 at 4:58 PM

Okay, I wont go there again.

• 21 bettyswallocks // Sep 16, 2015 at 5:04 PM

Bobby…… When the yanks start plea bargaining with Warner and the others, surely someone ‘ll bring him down.

• 22 Bobbybee // Sep 16, 2015 at 5:05 PM

Springy, what I’d give to see tiote back to his best mate. The difference it would make to the whole team can’t be overstated. We could leave him to do his holding job and concentrate on attacking. He was mr reliability for a while. Maybe the new coaches can help him, but to be honest, I’m not over optimistic on that point. And when I’m not over optimistic, it’s a grey day 😉

• 23 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Sep 16, 2015 at 5:07 PM

Andy Cole – Newcastle United’s £47m summer spend could amount to nothing but another relegation fight
    Former striker Andy Cole believes that this weekend’s Premier League game against Watford is already a must-win for Newcastle United and fears Steve McClaren has tough times ahead.

• 24 Bobbybee // Sep 16, 2015 at 5:09 PM

Betty, they’ll sell him down the river in order to save themselves, but no doubt he’ll have a little portfolio of all his dodgy dealings and will take them all with him. Serve them all right. They’ve ran roughshod over our game for long enough and watching them squirm will give a lot of people a lot of pleasure. Me included! 🙂

• 25 Bobbybee // Sep 16, 2015 at 5:13 PM

BandB, when I look at that photo, I wonder if ‘owlheed’ was a name misplaced? I hear it was for Llambias, but surely that is your quintessential owl heed right there? 🙂

• 26 the truth will out // Sep 16, 2015 at 5:24 PM

not very impressive with the result of the netty spend

• 27 Bobbybee // Sep 16, 2015 at 5:28 PM

Sadly I have to leave. Once again thanks to all for the banter and exchanges – it was, as always, thoroughly enjoyable. Be nice to each other. 🙂

• 28 BandB // Sep 16, 2015 at 5:29 PM

Now we are alone again 🙂
    I just wanted to say this.
    I have been crying out for a good old-fashioned bruiser to put the case the defence for a long time. I don’t mind at all if it is full and frank.
    We old-school bloggers have a habit of nursing old slights, real and imagined, that tend to degenerate into handbags that have little to do with the debate at hand.
    None of that is to do with you. I hope you will plough your own furrow and genuinely argue from your own viewpoint, and not allow yourself to be made clubbable by new “allies” who will use you to serve their own ends.
    I didn’t feel insulted by you at all today. You kick me, I’ll kick you back, and I expect no quarter in return. Just no sneaky ankle taps out of the archives for us.

• 29 Reyantoon // Sep 16, 2015 at 5:34 PM

toon kk……I’m not that happy because we’re losing,but I’ll be patient as we are in transition,
    new players -new coaching staff etc…
    It’s good u have ambition but your criticism looks very harsh.U usually are too quick to write off everything.You said a striker like Shane Long would have been good for us.That’s your recom’n but tbh,a striker like him is basically a championship standard.May score one or two today but will disappear for 6 or more games next.Give the company a little more time,things will settle,hopefully starting this weekend.We don’t usually engage but i picked you as i repeatedly saw ur comments pessimistic!!

• 30 GeordieTwo // Sep 16, 2015 at 5:36 PM

I’m very impressed by our net spend. I’m not so impressed with our position in the table. The team doesn’t play like a team yet. We have some decent individual players but so far not much else. Harrumph….

• 31 GeordieTwo // Sep 16, 2015 at 5:38 PM

Saylor is listed as only having a knock, yet no return date? Should only be a couple of months then…..

• 32 GeordieTwo // Sep 16, 2015 at 5:39 PM

Personally I would return him to the manufacturer and get my money back…..

• 33 BandB // Sep 16, 2015 at 5:39 PM

Hiya G2,

Rather a sensible start…….
    I demand silliness…and lots of it.
    It’s been a heavy day.

• 34 davis_toons // Sep 16, 2015 at 5:41 PM

Thauvin……………De Jong. …………….Perez

I hope to see such line up as well and hope that it can happen against easier teams but as McC is a careful man and the point that he started withe 2 DM for most games might..says it all.

• 35 GeordieTwo // Sep 16, 2015 at 5:45 PM

I’ll do my best BandB. Sorry to hear it’s been a heavy day so far. Too many on here are already wearing their Thongs of Gloom. It’s not necessary yet lads. Let’s kick back and relax. Deep breaths, knee bends. Now I want to see some hilarity break out!!!!

• 36 GeordieTwo // Sep 16, 2015 at 5:48 PM

What I normally recommend at this point of the season is to drink plenty of water mates. Flush oot your systems. Rip off your Thongs of Gloom and scream like wild chickens in heat……Beautiful….

• 37 BandB // Sep 16, 2015 at 5:50 PM

He wasn’t manufactured G2.
    He was cloned from Oddbod’s finger in Carry on Screaming when it fell off in the woods.
    Unfortunately. bits keep falling off him too.

• 38 GeordieTwo // Sep 16, 2015 at 5:51 PM

I find Physio Room to be a rather gloomy place to hang out. Most of our injured players except Willo and Marvelous Marveaux have no return date. Come on then, heal lads, heal!!!!

• 39 GeordieTwo // Sep 16, 2015 at 5:53 PM

Does anybody else thin Oddbod looks a lot like Derek Llambias on a good hair day?

• 40 GeordieTwo // Sep 16, 2015 at 5:54 PM

Is everyone breathing, flushing and screaming? I certainly hope so….

• 41 GeordieTwo // Sep 16, 2015 at 5:58 PM

Why aren’t we top of the injury table yet this season? I demand an explanation!!!!

• 42 GeordieTwo // Sep 16, 2015 at 6:03 PM

Or at least a written apology. Harrumph!

• 43 GeordieTwo // Sep 16, 2015 at 6:07 PM

A lot of you have been asking “G2 shouldn’t we be doing some voodoo rituals before each match from now on to help us get some points?” Hmmmm. Not a bad idea!!! I can spare some of my chicken blood and cockatoo feathers. Let’s put something together before Saturday!!!

• 44 magscar // Sep 16, 2015 at 6:13 PM

Don’t worry about “clubs” I am also a self-proclaimed own furrow plougher and aren’t looking to harness myself to anyone else’s plough. Having said that yours is one of the very few furrows that by and large has run mostly in parallel with mine.

Didn’t want to make it seem that you couldn’t handle your argument up against what was robust tackling by 2 of the most tenacious bloggers on here. It is a compliment in a way as I have said they don’t just to continue to question any old blogger just those that seem up to it.

As a long term poster ( as opposed to mostly a reader like me)you may know how long must one have posted before one has qualified for an archive entry. Is simply one thread enough or is a time related thing?

• 45 Jib // Sep 16, 2015 at 6:23 PM

B and B reminds me of an ageing Fenella Fielding

• 46 the truth will out // Sep 16, 2015 at 6:28 PM

said peewee herman

• 47 GeordieTwo // Sep 16, 2015 at 6:35 PM

To get into the archives you must pass a series of very difficult tests magscar mates. Some examples:
    !. You must possess a complete collection of Manly Men products unless you are a female poster in which case you need a nice collection of hats.
    2. Is your thong collection up to date with official club logos?
    3. Do you hate Mike Ashley and have you always hated Mike Ashley since he became owner? This must be indicated in older posts in a very clear way such as “Mike Ashley is a complete knob” or “We want you out Ashley you nasty pillock”.

• 48 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Sep 16, 2015 at 6:37 PM

Spent all the money got one good player Gini.

Formation we are playing is wrong. And De Jong is too slow for the PL I am afraid we need to spend the same amount just on fast players. We currently have one Sissoko.

• 49 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Sep 16, 2015 at 6:39 PM

Ed…we should be so proud ;D

• 50 Thump // Sep 16, 2015 at 6:40 PM

@GeordieTwo: We replaced our physio with a mop and bucket. Seems to be working well, actually.

• 51 Belfast // Sep 16, 2015 at 6:44 PM

I don’t think BandB meant any offence and we’ll she’s ahem wonderful and so on and so on.

This is not ganging up by the way it’s ahem really not like.

Really can’t see why Ians (blog fav) calls us Keith and Orville….

• 52 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Sep 16, 2015 at 6:46 PM

When are we playing Watford?

• 53 Belfast // Sep 16, 2015 at 6:47 PM

If you really don’t understand why I call them Keith and Orville after reading that, Well you never will.

• 54 BandB // Sep 16, 2015 at 6:49 PM

I knew we’d be for it when Belfast turned up.
    The real little green man on the blog.

• 55 toon kk // Sep 16, 2015 at 6:49 PM

you say our squad needs time the majority have been playing together for a long time.
    You say I’m being pessimistic, maybe so! But we have been so poor for such a long time, the club can’t do right for doing wrong, from scouting to getting a team together with what we have. Personally I can’t put my finger on our biggest flaws apart from we lack pace and although I can’t really comment on Mitrovic yet we haven’t got a top strike force.
    As for Shane Long, I know hes not world class but he has good pace and would be good for our current squad and budget.

• 56 Ibizatoon // Sep 16, 2015 at 6:50 PM

Belfast…It’s me that made the comment, not BandB. I didn’t say I couldn’t see why, I said I find it insulting to suggest I can’t formulate my own thoughts.

As you were though, mate.

• 57 Ian Toon // Sep 16, 2015 at 6:51 PM

Ibiza- !!!!

• 58 BandB // Sep 16, 2015 at 6:51 PM

And no-one has ever congratulated you on Keith and Orville except Ian Toon.
    And yourself, naturally.

• 59 Ian Toon // Sep 16, 2015 at 6:52 PM

Belfast – Yer right!

• 60 GeordieTwo // Sep 16, 2015 at 6:52 PM

We play Watford on Saturday at 3 pm local time jesper mate. We’re actually hoping they show up at about 3:23 by which time we might be able to manage a 1 goal lead.

• 61 Menelauos // Sep 16, 2015 at 6:52 PM

I said it before I’ll say it again justa incase Macca sees it ;). The forward is to isolated atm, especially for a poacher like Cisse, he offers nothing around the pitch, but get him in and around the box and he can get it in the net. My favourite 11 for this season is 4-3-3 and with a hopefully in form and fit Tiote.

De Jong could come in for Sissoko, Aarons/Thauvin/Perez/Obertan gives good wing rotation, a lot of good rotation everywhere tbh.

• 62 Ian Toon // Sep 16, 2015 at 6:53 PM

I appreciate a quality poster .

• 63 GeordieTwo // Sep 16, 2015 at 6:53 PM

I used to formulate my own thoughts but now I have it done offshore….tremendous savings..

• 64 Ian Toon // Sep 16, 2015 at 6:53 PM

I’m talking about Bobbybee.

• 65 BandB // Sep 16, 2015 at 6:56 PM

I wonder which friendship the blog finds most symbiotic Ian.
    Keith and Orville, or you and Belfast kissing each other off.

• 66 Tsunki // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:00 PM

Well I’m here so now you have two Ian

• 67 Tsunki // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:01 PM

Is Lee texting for a new MULTIPASS! ?

• 68 Tsunki // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:02 PM

Belfast it looks like you’ve been sacked off for Bobbybee. Want some ice cream?

• 69 Fostino // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:03 PM

I’m going to reserve my judgement on the new players and team for now but I do worry a lot that Anita and colback are the favoured cm partnership. I can’t understand ever how any blogger puts Anita into their starting team. What exactly does he offer besides square passes. Colback is a 6 out of 10 Pl. Player..sometimes a 7. Not really good enough. A trio formed from Wini ..sissoko. .tiote…de jong need to step up. Those lads have talent in the middle of the park. These players have talent. Abeid was unlucky to have been shipped out.

• 70 Ian Toon // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:04 PM

Slippier than an eel that has fallen into a bucket of KY jelly.

• 71 GeordieTwo // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:05 PM

I find tremendous similarities between Mike Ashley and Mr. Zorg…it’s quite eery.

• 72 Tsunki // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:05 PM

I don’t know if there’s a morale issue surrounding our French speakers but it would explain a few disquieting things

• 73 Belfast // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:05 PM

God bless BandB and all who sail in her.

The truth hurts.

Keith and Orville was bang on the money. I’m certain pivately lots of people agree with that, but publicly they don’t because they can’t be arsed arguing with you.

You’re irrelevant. The self appointed Queen. Yawn….

Ta ra!

• 74 magscar // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:05 PM

BandB is known for not giving offence so none taken although I think I may have missed what it was?

Maybe it was you then 🙂

Still not sure what I am offended at simply giving out what is commonly dished out pointed and otherwise – all cut and thrust.

On the matter of my intervention this afternoon it was simply my sense of fair play being stirred and I deliberately kept off the topic as Bobby was in my view doing fine in defending his corner. Just a bit of moral support and misdirection.

He has as always enjoyed his spell according to his last post today.

I always read his posts as I do find them interesting.

• 75 Ian Toon // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:06 PM

West Ham, what a tax payer rip off.

• 76 GeordieTwo // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:06 PM

If Tiote can get his Camaro sorted out he can show up on time for the matches….

• 77 BandB // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:07 PM

Some Heels never wound, Belfast.

• 78 GeordieTwo // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:08 PM

You’re a monster Zorg…
    I know…..
    Just what the board wish they could say to Ashley.

• 79 Ian Toon // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:09 PM

Geordie2 ( don’t you want to be number 1) quality rather than quantity.

• 80 Belfast // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:10 PM

There’s no issues with me and you Ibiza by the way and there won’t be any. It’s just your pal who’s an arsewipe not you.

Enjoy your evening. 🙂

• 81 GeordieTwo // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:11 PM

I fancy a bit of both when I feel chatty Ian, but duly noted mate. I’ll try to calm down now….

• 82 Ian Toon // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:12 PM

Tsunki- I have at least 6 random posts from you which I’ve just spotted. So I’m looking in a shop window to avoid you.

• 83 croftus5678 // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:12 PM

my team for watford would be

defence may be left short but sissoko is effective and puts himself about more than any other player we have ! and tbh the top 5 there all have goals in them and we desp need those goals and confidence to push on and up from this point on.

• 84 Online Guy // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:13 PM

Here is a surprise question from Si, to a Russian oligarch

Check Wor Si’s question just before 36 mins.

• 85 Ibizatoon // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:17 PM

Belfast…I was going to sit it out for tonight, and still plan to do so.

However, we do have a problem if you’re going to call BandB an arsewipe.

Enjoy yours too.

Magscar…I have not a clue what you’re talking about now. Who has taken offense? Not me, BandB or Bobby.

Am I mistaken or is the blog not to discuss our views on NUFC, whatever they may be? Surely it’s better for the blog to have opposing views countering each other?

Why not try and show a little more tenacity yourself and stop calling foul where it’s clearly not needed.

• 86 Tsunki // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:19 PM

Sorry Ian, wasn’t really paying attention there, I was being random.

Magscar, enjoyed your post on the ‘Soulless club’, I agree entirely with the sentiment, however my point was that the club and not the fans lacked soul.

• 87 GeordieTwo // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:19 PM

Anita is playing more and more like Anita Ekberg in a Peter Sellers film. He’s not strong enough for the Prem. She wouldn’t have been either come to think of it. 😯

• 88 BandB // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:21 PM

As your problem is with me Belfast, why not have it out with me instead of targeting Ibizatoon?
    Your Keith and Orville characterisation insults your “friend” as a brainless dupe, not me, you cacky-mouthed little boy.
    I have to say I’m quite pleased you aren’t my friend, given the evidence.

• 89 the truth will out // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:31 PM

pmsl @ cacky mouthed

• 90 Ian Toon // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:34 PM

Ibiza – How does that compare to calling a fellow toon fan “an arrested development type” and counting on it being thought of as just a moron. Some people just want to be on what they perceive as the winning side.
    I personally don’t see the former as anything but the sort of poster who’s great to lighten the mood after a long traumatic day.
    Self regulation in my book should not protect those who can dish it out but can’t take it. Just my opinion.

• 91 Toon-Prodigy // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:36 PM

More kick-offs on the blog? Haha.. Mental this place.

Top spenders?? We have probably trimmed 50 mil off the wage bill this past 8 yrs 🙂 Torture.

On a serious note, it’s good we have spent money but many many problems remain with the policies still in place.

Champions League games about to kick off.. Those were the days!

• 92 Belfast // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:37 PM

Why would I want to have it out with you when I think you’re an arsewipe?

What’s the point? You already new I thought you where an arsewipe.

I think I made my views pretty clear on yourself before on the blog. So don’t be trying to paint me as a coward thanks.

• 93 Tsunki // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:38 PM

Well it’s all been fun here today, typically I missed most of it. I’ll come back later when the street of blood eases down to a little less slippery.

• 94 hibbit // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:40 PM

ian toon seems to me its the pot calling the kettle black,,,just my opinion of course

• 95 Ian Toon // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:44 PM

hibbit- I don’t feature in this production.

• 96 Ibizatoon // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:45 PM

Ian…To be completely honest, your opinion stopped meaning anything to me a good while back now.

Why don’t you ask BandB about the comment. I didn’t make it, and really, I don’t get it.

“Some people” meaning who? Me? Winning side? Christ Ian, there have been no real winners connected with this club for a while now, let alone this blog.

Belfast is fine to do as he pleases. As for dishing it out, but not being able to take it…I’m still unsure on the Keith and Orville thing. All I’ve ever taken from it is that I’m a puppet – if you think that’s a fair and reasonable observation then good for you, I disagree.

I also know that BandB is not an arsewipe, and will say so.

Read both mine and BandB’s posts to Bobby today about our intentions for debate. They’re genuine. If someone thinks anyone is out of line, they can say so.

As for “great to lighten the mood after a long traumatic day.” – That’s what this blog used to be for me. No points for guessing who stopped that fun. I really don’t know where you get off.

• 97 toon kk // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:46 PM

Remy up front for Chelsea instead of Costa,
    Pity Remy wasn’t still playing in black and white.

• 98 BandB // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:48 PM

Well, I guess I’ll have to live with your poor opinion Belfast.
    I have no particular views on you, as I have no idea what your opinions are on anything other than me. Have you any?
    Why not just leave Ibiza alone eh? It clearly hurts him, and he is supposed to be your friend. Can’t he pick his own?

• 99 Tsunki // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:50 PM

57,62,64,70,79,82,90 – those are examples of the productions Ian IS involved in, Hibbit. A slimy worm. Ingratiating, fawning, sniping and disagree able. The full package.

• 100 Jib // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:54 PM

It’s only a blog you empty headed poltroon.

Ha ha ha ha

• 101 Essex Geordie Bill // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:54 PM

Borrusia, who beat us pre season are bottom of the Bundes league. Does that make us the worst overall in both leagues.

Lassoga one of our supposed targets got a hat trick against them. I bet they are wishing he had signed for us, I am!!

• 102 Reyantoon // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:56 PM

toon kk
    Actually they were not playing together for a long time.From the entire squad,only 5 or 6 players played together consistently.To name some,krul,janmaat,coloccini,sissoko,colback & cisse.The rest are new & considered as new signings b/c they were sidelined for a long time.
    Rewind back and examine if you wish..
    Catch you later if i can,I have to dash..

• 103 Essex Geordie Bill // Sep 16, 2015 at 7:56 PM

Toon KK, yes we could have had Remy and Remy. 🙂

• 104 toon kk // Sep 16, 2015 at 8:00 PM

that sounds like Pardew! Like a new signing!

• 105 hibbit // Sep 16, 2015 at 8:00 PM

tsunki….what with ian and his other stage names and that turd jib/ jane/ jeff the blog is not the place it used to be were you could loose your self in all things nufc for an hour or 2 with like minded people

• 106 Jib // Sep 16, 2015 at 8:07 PM

Who would want to be like minded with you ?

Ha ha ha

• 107 croftus5678 // Sep 16, 2015 at 8:09 PM

we all are supposed to support nufc on here ! whatever our views we are all supposed to want the best for our club and just like everyone at our club we work with what we have !

do we involve and make them feel wanted and a part of things or do we call/argue/upset/demoralise and basically get a bad reputation for our club and its fans by turning on eachother ?

look at our time under ashley and how much we have had bed media and how we keep saying we never learn ! then look at what we are doing here with fighting among ourselves and ask are we any better than ashley was !

• 108 toon kk // Sep 16, 2015 at 8:10 PM

we should have, the difference when Remy was our main striker you knew half a chance and the ball was in the back of the net, same with Ba and Carroll not forgetting Shearer in the good old days. We really miss that threat. Let’s hope Mitrovic shows us some style.

• 109 Mister Tuff // Sep 16, 2015 at 8:11 PM

Ian Toon – you’ve just posted :-
    “Some people just want to be on what they perceive as the winning side.”

What does this mean, who are the parties involved, the winning side of what or conversely the losing side of what. Don’t be shy – is it all part of your attempts to create division amongst Toon fans/bloggers. Seems like more of your rubbish fantasies about fellow bloggers having agendas -whatever they might be.

• 110 hibbit // Sep 16, 2015 at 8:15 PM

the pennywell turd who’s so full of shit no one reads his posts WUM

• 111 Jib // Sep 16, 2015 at 8:25 PM

Giroud – red card what a tosser

Ha ha ha

• 112 magscar // Sep 16, 2015 at 8:35 PM

Ibiza @85

That makes all 4 of us not offended.

I was simply responding to Belfast’s post and also yours at 56 which as I have only been dipping in and out today I had taken ( wrongly?) as referring to a post you had made to me ” not Band B” and it may have caused upset. I wasn’t sure what that might have been. Now we are all confused???

I wasn’t calling foul just lending moral support to someone whose views I happen to ainly empathise with. You give a lot of support to BandB and vice versa and I accept that happens on a public blog. What I choose not to do is to join in a debate/dialogue between 2 bloggers who are airing their views successfully until it has died out. Not being holier than thou just practical. As a poster who has had to field several other posters views more or less at the same time and often at length I know how wearing that can be especially if you care enough to want to develop your point and not simply tell someone to do one.

I think I am on record as welcoming the Blog as being a broad church ( your notes may tell you) so I obviously accept your comment about there being opposing views.

As for tenacity as someone who has posted for most of the day on several occasions as time and mood allows I feel I am as tenacious as anyone on here. I didn’t mean it as an insult and find it odd that you thought it as such by the way you have responded. Sorry if I have hit a nerve.

Oh and for the record BandB and I have some previous but no way do I see her as Belfast apparently does but then I may have missed a previous engagement which gave rise to such feelings. Still not my way though perhaps because I am of a generation where it isn’t good form to do so but each to their own. I was never very good with lavatorial humour – I know I am boring.

• 113 magscar // Sep 16, 2015 at 8:48 PM

Tsunki @86

Glad you approved. Perhaps where you and I aren’t seeing eye to eye is that I genuinely see the fans as the club in an ongoing sense not just the club is who currently owns and controls the purse strings. All a bit metaphysical I know but I and many others refer to NUFC as “our” club and have done so whilst many owners, managers players have come and gone n a continuing procession. We all God willing will still be here when Ashley has gone and is nothing but a bogeyman to admonish future generations with viz. “You think you have it bad you should have been here when Ashley was in charge – now they really were the worst of times you lot have it easy” 🙂

• 114 magscar // Sep 16, 2015 at 9:07 PM

G2 long ago @47

Missed it as you tucked my name away in the text you scamp! Sorry as you may recall I don’t read much of your thong posts as I haven’t got the figure for them and it is a bit distressing.

Anyway I have compared myself to the Archive tests and have failed miserably 🙁 but no matter. I did think I might get half a point at 3 but then realised that “hate” was just too strong a word for me and as the other epithets aren’t in my blogging repertoire then not even the most generous of markers could have awarded it. There’s always next year and new test hopefully

• 115 magscar // Sep 16, 2015 at 9:09 PM

Wow 3 in a row.I think Tsunki has some kind of record so I had better stop now as I don’t want to have one.

• 116 magscar // Sep 16, 2015 at 9:12 PM

Just checked and there isn’t a new thread so you all have gone – scary?

I am going – all come back now 🙂

• 117 Tsunki // Sep 16, 2015 at 9:21 PM

Yes the blog is being ruined by the determined efforts of the sniping trolls causing division for no apparent gain other than it can be done. Fine work.

• 118 magscar // Sep 16, 2015 at 9:39 PM

I hope that I am not included in that grouping. I can guess who you are referring to but in view of the confusion arising in posts with Ibiza today through no one’s fault I clearly could be wrong.

I genuinely find it strange that some hardened bloggers who can undoubtedly take care of themselves can be put off coming on here. If someone believes a poster is no more than a troll/wum whatever then as I have repeatedly said why not simply ignore them and carry on dialogue with others? I really don’t get it.

Omg I have just realised no one is talking to me!

• 119 BandB // Sep 16, 2015 at 9:42 PM

This afternoon, if anyone reads the debate between Bobbybee and I, they will see that I did not acknowledge or support the comments Ibiza made. I used none of Ibiza’s arguments.
    I wasn’t even reading what was passing between Ibiza and Bobbybee. I was focused on what Bobby was writing, and responding only to that.
    In the past, I have caused plenty of offence for telling folks who pile onto into my debates with other people to butt out.
    And I am not denying I can be a harpy, especially when I feel the blog has been subjected to heavy trolling. I have learned that lesson.
    There was no double teaming, and no double act today.
    Now, I’ll quit while I’m behind, as magscar should have done 🙂

• 120 Average_Contents // Sep 16, 2015 at 9:44 PM

Hi magscar (waves)

Bye magscar (another form of waving but with the use of only 2 fingers) 😉

• 121 Tsunki // Sep 16, 2015 at 9:51 PM

Magscar no. The trolls are fairly obvious.

• 122 magscar // Sep 16, 2015 at 9:52 PM

Troll passing through

• 123 Average_Contents // Sep 16, 2015 at 9:55 PM

To be perfectly honest BandB, as soon as blind faith gets mentioned I have a tendency to switch off.

Actually as soon as anything gets mentioned at all I switch off.

I’m beginning to think I’ve never actually been switched on.

Fantastical times.

On a side note – this £150m that keeps getting mentioned is beginning to grate, they’ve even knocked the fifty off and say we’ve still got £100m to go. As far as I’m aware, shteve mentioned this tongue in cheek did he not. It’s getting boring listening to it getting bandied around as gospel or we definitely will spend another £100m.

Who the fcuk knows, unless of course they’ve seen the budget or shteve’s told them personally without cracking a smile or..or..or…it’s used as a yardstick to further pro-fatty arguments. Surely not. Never.

Bed time.

• 124 BandB // Sep 16, 2015 at 9:57 PM

There was no bad feeling in that discussion this afternoon.
    I enjoyed it as much as Bobby apparently did. We challenged each other’s standpoint.
    Tonight’s unseemly handbags are the direct result of others getting involved in an attempt to air old grievances that had absolutely nothing to do with the tone of that discussion, which never devolved into name-calling.

• 125 Average_Contents // Sep 16, 2015 at 10:01 PM

Hang on. Who’s the troll passing through? My phone doesn’t have post numbers. I certainly hope you wasn’t referring to me magscar.

How come tsunki’s comment appears before you’ve stated that. It’s almost a reply to you’re statement/question.

Unless my phones playing silly buggers and mixing posts up.

• 126 Average_Contents // Sep 16, 2015 at 10:06 PM

We’ll leave it at that then as I’m tired and want my bed.

Night all.

• 127 BandB // Sep 16, 2015 at 10:09 PM

Time for my coffin too…

• 128 angelswithdirtyfaces // Sep 16, 2015 at 10:11 PM

Blind Faith : Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker, Steve Winwood, and Ric Grech not a bad lineup and Winwood was just 21..As short lived as MAcca’s career with the Toon ?

• 129 magscar // Sep 16, 2015 at 10:25 PM

You do like the last word.

Not sure why you seem to be straining to defend something that has passed under the bridge for all?

I had only been responding to points made between Ibiza (particularly @56) and myself whilst caught somehow by Belfast’s bolt from the blue @51 which it seems have now ended with us both Ibiza and I confused.

I mentioned you only out of chivalry( not of the male chauvinist type I hasten to add) as I really don’t care for the type of put down exhibited by Belfast but I repeat I know I am boring with my old fashioned attitudes but we can only be who we are.

Don’t honestly feel I am behind as you put it or even that anyone is ahead – didn’t even feel there was any scoring to be accounted for.

For the record I don’t really believe that there was any deliberate attempt to double up on Bobby and it occurred because he was publicising views that both you and Ibiza separately would have like clarified and all 3 of you were on at the same time so….. it happens.

However when some other poster is reading the ongoing dialogue it can seem like heavy traffic for 1 of the posters hence my intervention. I would like to think that if I had been one of the 2 finding myself on one side of the argument then I would have perhaps given way whilst my contemporary ( whoever he or she might have been) continued on. Not being ” holier than thou ” as I said earlier but simply acknowledging the difficulty a poster who is genuinely engaged and trying to develop his points can face on 2 fronts – notwithstanding the good job that Bobby was managing.

That’s my twopennyworth and happy with a draw

• 130 Lindisfarne // Sep 16, 2015 at 10:32 PM

Thought y’man did well today in PMQs, Jez didn’t rock the boat but caulked the hull.

• 131 Belfast // Sep 16, 2015 at 10:32 PM

If Carlsberg done Wednesdays or coffins.

Apologies if my language offended you Magscar or anybody else for that matter.

I prefer straight talking rather than finishing school put-downs, but that’s just me.

For the sake of the blog I will not engage the poster again.

Ta ra!

• 132 magscar // Sep 16, 2015 at 10:32 PM

Of course I meant you if you posted at 120. Not sure how else to take it. Trolls come in all shapes and sizes and frequencies I guess. Your comment was unfunny, redundant and well just troll like. Sorry to not take my own advice and respond Doh!

• 133 BandB // Sep 16, 2015 at 10:36 PM

I think I was probably boiling your pee in ways that had everything to do with our past history and nowt at all to do with Bobbybee.
    Wannabe columnist? You can have no idea how ignorant that is.
    Ian Toon is the only other person who has played the chivalry card. You aren’t his dad by any chance are you? You can be equally arcane.
    “Can it, bitch” will do, next time.

• 134 magscar // Sep 16, 2015 at 10:37 PM

No offence just felt it not worthy of adult posters who generally seem to be articulate enough to dole out better put downs.

It can I know be wearisome engaging with BandB ( and me as well no doubt) so I can see how you might want a quick finish without the repartee 🙂

• 135 BandB // Sep 16, 2015 at 10:37 PM

I’ve never engaged you Belfast, so half the job is already done.

• 136 jane // Sep 16, 2015 at 10:42 PM

thought you had all gone to bed, time for the grown ups now 🙂

• 137 Belfast // Sep 16, 2015 at 10:52 PM

Magscar trust me many posters have been on the end of that posters nasty tounge.

It gives as good as it gets. Although it really dislikes getting it back 🙂

• 138 Belfast // Sep 16, 2015 at 10:55 PM

Just me and you Jane? I’ll stick the kettle on….

• 139 BandB // Sep 16, 2015 at 11:00 PM

You and magscar may want to reflect that you two have spent much of the day whinging about double teaming….do you see me complaining?
    Saw your cosy little chinwag about me the other afternoon as you were writing it. I decided not to respond because, yeah, you are a coward. It killed the blog for even longer than magscar did earlier.
    As to the finishing school stuff. I was so dangerously ill as a young teenager my dad had to stop work for three years to look after me. Times were tight, and mutual embarrassment at the things he had to do for me (I think you hit on the word earlier) did indeed lead to the lavatorial sense of humour magscar (I’m sure it is Ian Toon now the penny has dropped) referred to earlier.
    Get over me, and I promise I’ll get over me too 🙂

• 140 magscar // Sep 16, 2015 at 11:00 PM

Your last remark has never been in my vocabulary. As for arcane look through your own posts – I often respond in similar language to that used but stop at swearing on a blog. Ian ? What a quaint and unscientific way of identifying parentage you have stumbled on. Hopelessly incorrect of course but it was nearly funny.

Not raking up old ground but you have labelled me several times in the past the only one to have done so ( apart from Mr Tuff but who hasn’t he in his ridiculous and puerile lists).

Your blog style at times reminds me very much of the columnists who like to snipe and sneer in their superior way at the great unwashed, untalented, fame seekers, glory hunters they perceive out in the world. They exist in all worlds political, show business even football. Your references to newspapers and communication world in general over the months have stuck in my mind hence my associating you with that world.

Now and again I seem to touch a nerve with you and you don’t like it. There may be something for you to learn from that.

Perhaps you might like to dispense with your equally unwelcoming and amateurish way of psychoanalyzing fellow posters for your audience out there. I know I can if you will. Mind I only have to give up analysing you not several so it is no hardship I grant you.

Oh and yes you are a harpy at times. Was just recalling my post to Belfast on put downs and how to finish and that was the best I could come up with.

• 141 Belfast // Sep 16, 2015 at 11:02 PM

Stand up folks

God save our gracious Queen
    Long live our noble Queen
    God save the Queen
    Send her victorious
    Happy and glorious
    Long to reign over us
    God save the Queen

Thank-you and Goodnight

• 142 jane // Sep 16, 2015 at 11:04 PM

no such luck 😉

• 143 BandB // Sep 16, 2015 at 11:04 PM

I refer you to my earlier remarks about double-teaming.
    Now, if you will excuse me….

• 144 magscar // Sep 16, 2015 at 11:16 PM

just read your latest and I really feel you need to rest as your long day on the blog is getting to you. There is no whinging just responses. I didn’t kill the blog – Tsunki mentioned the trolls.

I am sorry that you were ill in your early years and can see how the swiping at posters who we have very little or no knowledge of their target can cause greater offence by what are unintentionally apposite remarks.

For my part and as I sense more than your usual outrage tonight if I have unwittingly caused you more than I intended by my wannabe columnist remark then I apologise.

• 145 BandB // Sep 16, 2015 at 11:19 PM

I’m out magscar.

Nothing you could say could get at me.
    I see I’m an “it” now @137
    Very Silence of the Lambs.
    I’ll put the cream on and pop into bed.

• 146 magscar // Sep 16, 2015 at 11:26 PM

As am I but can I just say on the double teaming was it not you who engaged us latterly?

Night and I might try to get on with something tomorrow as the blog becomes far too involving and like a runaway train if you don’t watch out 🙂

previous post: Happy Birthday Aleksandar Mitrovic – Kind Of