The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Photo – PSV Fans Honor Gini Wijnaldum

9:04 am, Wednesday, September 16th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 11 Comments

Newcastle’s summer signing Georginio Wijnaldum was the guest of honor of PSV last night in Eindhoven, and they went on to a famous 2-1 victory against the Red Devils in the Champions League

It tells you how good Wijnaldum was for the club over four seasons when he played 152 games for them with 56 goals and 23 assists after joining from Feyenoord in 2011.

giniu wijnaldum thanks

Here’s the banner that was displayed at the game “Captain Gini, Bedankt” – bedankt is Dutch for thanks.

“Captain Gini, Thanks”.

A very nice and very thoughtful gesture by PSV fans.

Tags: European Champions League · European Competition · Georginio Wijnaldum · Newcastle News · Other News

11 responses so far ↓

• 1 Shot Bru // Sep 16, 2015 at 9:13 AM

How ironic…We are desperate for a leader, Coloccini is clearly not that man.

They should have identified a leader over the summer, this has been a major problem This season and last and the season before.

• 2 mindshaft // Sep 16, 2015 at 9:16 AM

well we looked a complete shambles against West Ham , no drive, no creativity and no sign we can actually pull out of this rut in time for this weekends visit of Watford .
    It’s hard to see how we’re going to score and we’re now at 360 goal free minutes of premier league football. Newcastle have become the team everyone wants to play as we are simple to play against and an easy 3 points

I predict a home defeat

• 3 spaghetti bandit // Sep 16, 2015 at 9:17 AM

On a previous article it just proves how much ppl believe what is written infront of them n how much they remember of previous games,, sissoko started v arsenal and was booked for a stamp after about a minute in,, played decent

• 4 Toon Tang // Sep 16, 2015 at 9:21 AM

It wasn’t at old Trafford Ed marra..

• 5 toon kk // Sep 16, 2015 at 9:22 AM

I agree we need a better leader.
    For me our biggest two problems are lack of pace and this is our second season without one top quality proven striker, hence the lack of goals, not helped by a team that would rather pass back and sideways than supply.

• 6 Tsunki // Sep 16, 2015 at 9:23 AM

Not much danger of any bedsheet thank you’s at sjp just yet

• 7 Ibizatoon // Sep 16, 2015 at 9:34 AM

Blackley…Saw your post on the previous about sending a post to me, but using Lil’s name. I’ll take that as a compliment.

I don’t mean to keep going on about Carrs list. I usually mention it when you keep going on about how rubbish Carr is. I imagine I don’t need to repeat why.

As for why are they on there in the first place?

I’ve never said he doesn’t get some wrong. I’ve also never said that other clubs haven’t beaten us to some really good, and inexpensive buys. But we can’t get them all.

Not many people are saying “in Carr we trust” these days. However, I do object to this new wave of shifting too much focus on to Carr. For sure he has his hands in it.

• 8 SPRINGY // Sep 16, 2015 at 9:46 AM

i posted believing sissoko had’nt played at arsenal…thats my bad!….got confused with the matches and didnt check b4 posting…al wear the donkey ears this morning for that bollick!!lol

• 9 SPRINGY // Sep 16, 2015 at 9:48 AM

colo should do more talking on the pitch during the game instead of waiting till we are beat then making his mouth go….captain quiet!

• 10 The overrated Frenchman // Sep 16, 2015 at 11:30 AM

It would be good if the PSV fans did a whip around and raised the money to buy Captain Gini back, from what I’ve seen so far.

• 11 KevinLee // Sep 16, 2015 at 3:04 PM

Sorry Gini, you join the wrong suck team now

previous post: Can Newcastle Get First League Win Against Watford?

next post: A Frustrated Coloccini Issues Rallying Cry To Players