The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Are A Very Tough Opponent For Us

3:15 pm, Thursday, September 17th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 112 Comments

Watford´s new manager Quique Sanchez Flores was appointed to the position in June, and he replaced former head coach Slavisa Jokanovic and is the fifth man to hold that position in the past twelve months.

And the former Valencia right-back has made a very decent start to the season having won their first game last weekend beating Swansea 1-0 at home and getting 6 points out of the first 5 league games of the season.

Editorial use only. No merchandising. For Football images FA and Premier League restrictions apply inc. no internet/mobile usage without FAPL license - for details contact Football Dataco Mandatory Credit: Photo by TGSPhoto/REX Shutterstock (4988846aq) Watford Manager, Quique Sanchez Flores Watford v Southampton, Barclays Premier League, Football, Vicarage Road, Britain - 23 Aug 2015

Quique Sanchez Flores – Watford´s new manager

The 50 year-old Spaniard was born in Madrid and after playing for Valencia, Real Madrid and Zaragoza in his playing career when he represented Spain 15 times he has managed seven different clubs.

Quique Sanchez Flores seems to know all about Newcastle, and he knows the crowd will be loud and right behind the lads on Saturday in a game, we really have to win.

Wee been surprised how well all three promoted clubs have done so far – although that does tend to happen early in the season.

We are also hoping that Newcastle´s poor results because we have had such a tough start to the season playing four top eight clubs in the first four games – and getting only two draws.

But we let ourselves down badly last Monday night when we were well beaten 2-0 at Upton Park.

Let´s hope we have a very good reaction to that poor performance, and we can get our first win and beat Watford, because if we cannot do that – there will be even more negative press after the game.

This is what  Flores has  said about the game against Newcastle on Saturday:

“We try to prepare very well, it’s a very tough opponent for us.”

“It’s a big stadium, and they have a big supporter following, so we have to be ready as we know it will be a difficult match.”

“We try to separate the win of the last result, but it is important for the morale of the players.”

“We are really happy because we are working very hard as a team, we try to keep the same style and the same ideas.

“We need to be consistent and carry on with the balance, the players are very serious in their work and there’s no need to change.¨

“Now we have more power and confidence after our first win, and now the most important thing I’m telling the players is that we need to get another win.”

“Of course the crowd atmosphere will mean we are under high pressure, but it’s very exciting to think about getting a win at the stadium.”

“If we can make them silent and we can get a good result, then it’ll be very good for the future.”

“Newcastle are a good team, they are very competitive and they need a victory, so it’s important we are aware of that situation.”

The Newcastle players may be a little nervous on Saturday at the start of the game – given its importance, but we really hope we can get all 3 points.

If we can do that, it will be a huge relief.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Watford On Saturday?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Poll · Premier League

112 responses so far ↓

• 1 Ron Knee // Sep 17, 2015 at 3:27 PM

This is the first match where a win should be guaranteed. No excuses should be accepted if we fail to beat a newly-promoted team at home.

• 2 Graeme // Sep 17, 2015 at 3:27 PM

Well, I said when the fixtures were released that this game would be our first win of the season. Even though we are nowhere near where we should be, performance wise, I’m sticking with the prediction that we will win on Saturday!!!

• 3 ilovetoon8788 // Sep 17, 2015 at 3:30 PM

We have made too many failed signings the last couple of seasons. Riviere, cabella, Anita, Siem. I think thauvin is just going to follow cabella as th next expensive flop. We’ve been too shi* for a long time with no investment done in defence.

The only way we are to progress is for us to get relegated. The attitude and vibe is terrible at the club.

Mclaren defensive football against the top teams was rubbish to watch. Other smaller teams in the league has more guts than us.

• 4 hibbit // Sep 17, 2015 at 3:34 PM

bobby its getting that win that’s going to be hard we don’t look like scoring and the way were setup is way to defencive Mc knows how poor our back 4 are thats why he is playing 2 dm to cover them

• 5 bettyswallocks // Sep 17, 2015 at 3:35 PM

Graeme….. I wish I could share your confidence

• 6 Munster Mag // Sep 17, 2015 at 3:36 PM

Yes Mr Sanchez Flores, it must be awful playing a team who doesnt like defending and likes to pass the ball sideways, in front of a half mute crowd. Desperate stuff sir.

• 7 Bobbybee // Sep 17, 2015 at 3:36 PM

Definitely time to make SJP a scary place to come again. We know how it can affect the game when we make it hostile. You only have to listen to blubbing Arsenal pundits to know they don’t like it. I always maintained that it was the support that got us the 4-4 draw v Arsenal, as much as the players. Their players couldn’t offload the ball quick enough and frankly, I think we scared them to death that day. The more hostile we can make it – within limits of the law, obviously – the more it helps the team.

• 8 Jib // Sep 17, 2015 at 3:37 PM

No wins are guaranteed in the EPL.
    The attitude and vibe is 100% better at the club than last season.
    NUFC24/7 number 9 is on NUFCtv for those who subscribe , plus an itnerview with Jack Colback post West Ham

• 9 Mister Tuff // Sep 17, 2015 at 3:40 PM

Jib Jibberish – how do you know 100% that the attitude and vibe is better than last season – do you have someone on the inside who updates you?
    Oh silly me – I forgot about Uncle Peanut.

• 10 hibbit // Sep 17, 2015 at 3:42 PM

munster the crowd has been very good and loud this season and right behind the team but i dont know for how long

• 11 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Sep 17, 2015 at 3:42 PM

Ron…from earlier! It’s not that I don’t rate Thauvin I just thought we needed to try something else up front (and formation wise)

…but it’s not that I think Macca will try. I have heard he’s just as conservative as Pardew when it comes to change things up 😉

• 12 SPRINGY // Sep 17, 2015 at 3:42 PM

jib
    have’nt 7 or 8 yet!!lol

• 13 bettyswallocks // Sep 17, 2015 at 3:42 PM

Jib….. The attitude and vibe won’t be good if we lose on Sat.

• 14 SPRINGY // Sep 17, 2015 at 3:43 PM

and ya right no win is guaranteed but commitment and graft should be

• 15 SPRINGY // Sep 17, 2015 at 3:45 PM

betty
    especially with a potential couple of hidings coming off chelsea and man city if we do lose

• 16 Bobbybee // Sep 17, 2015 at 3:45 PM

Hibbitt, that first win should come Saturday. I’d only play one dm and go for 4132. The usual back five, then:

Wijnaldum

Thauvin, Sissoko. Aarons

De Jong. Perez.

Sissoko can cover should Gini wish to break and we’d break with plenty pace and power. I know Macca’s unlikely to see it my way, but we need to make a statement imo and that team would be it.

• 17 SPRINGY // Sep 17, 2015 at 3:48 PM

bobby
    canny side only thing gini’s instinct to push on could leave us a little bit open….maybe swap sissoko with him?

• 18 hibbit // Sep 17, 2015 at 3:49 PM

you just have to look at the poll fans think this is a walk over if we dont win this game the mood will change for a lot of folks and the honeymoon will be over Mc has to go for a win

• 19 bettyswallocks // Sep 17, 2015 at 3:51 PM

Sutty…… Don’t know if we can use a poor, disrupted pre-season for a crap start.

Chelsea didn’t have much of a pre-season and look at their start.

I’m probably clutching at straws .

• 20 Ron Knee // Sep 17, 2015 at 3:51 PM

jesper
    And Percy only achieved that winning run of matches because he was forced to make changes!

• 21 SPRINGY // Sep 17, 2015 at 3:51 PM

not convinced its as easy as its bein made out to be tbh

• 22 bettyswallocks // Sep 17, 2015 at 3:51 PM

Sorry Springy not Sutty.

• 23 Jib // Sep 17, 2015 at 3:53 PM

Mister Tuff
    Still got those comprehension difficulties ?
    I didn’t say I knew 100%
    I said in my OPINION it is 100% better
    Try this :-

• 24 Bobbybee // Sep 17, 2015 at 3:54 PM

Springy, Gini and Sissoko can mix and match between if needs be. DM is where Gini made his name for PSV, but Macca did say he would play him in his preferred No10 role. I’m pretty sure he’s a team player though and would play wherever needed. Iike I said though, when he breaks out, Sissoko can cover if required, so they would be pretty fluid. Let Watford worry about us with that line up! 🙂

• 25 Jib // Sep 17, 2015 at 3:56 PM

Springy
    It shows the team ariving at the Boleyn gound after their mile long walk.
    Try to imagine the abuse West Ham players would have got from home fans if they’d arrived at SJP after walking from Todds Nook.

• 26 SPRINGY // Sep 17, 2015 at 3:57 PM

bobby
    if it could work would be very effective….but dont think the sides goin to change imo

• 27 SPRINGY // Sep 17, 2015 at 3:59 PM

jib
    yeah it would b a hostile scene!…..a bet a few of our players probably crapped themselves!lol

• 28 SPRINGY // Sep 17, 2015 at 4:01 PM

bobby
    do you think sissoko is that disciplined to do that tho?…..he likes the glory up front to much i think!!lol

• 29 Jib // Sep 17, 2015 at 4:02 PM

I hope Mbemba didn’t walk through the Eastend in his dinner jacket Ha ha ha

• 30 Bobbybee // Sep 17, 2015 at 4:04 PM

Springy, I know it’s unlikely, but ya never know. 🙂 The thing is, what he’s tried up to now hasn’t really worked and he still hasn’t decided on his best team yet, so he might try something different v Watford and that’s my option if he chooses to listen. 😉 I think it would make for an exciting match though.

• 31 Ron Knee // Sep 17, 2015 at 4:05 PM

Bobby
    But don’t you think Sissoko is a very limited player – like Cissé? His passing and tackling are poor, and his attitude is questionable at times.

• 32 Jib // Sep 17, 2015 at 4:08 PM

Somebody said earlier that Mbemba Perez De Jong Wijnaldum Thauvin and Janmaat are the 6 standouts on ability in our squad .
    Given that Colo and Krul pretty much have to play it should be a simple matter to think of a system to accomodate the other 3 .

• 33 Bobbybee // Sep 17, 2015 at 4:08 PM

Springy, ain’t seen too much of Sissoko’s glory this season, have we mate? 😉 I’m sure he could do a job there, because he’d only be required to drop back when Gini went surging forward. Anyway, Macca picks the team, but it was fun to pretend 😉

• 34 Bobbybee // Sep 17, 2015 at 4:15 PM

Ron, I don’t think he can’t do it, he’s not that limited imo, but he doesn’t turn up every match – which would be a drawback if he didn’t show. This isn’t a game I expect us to be pushed back as much as previously and a good, all out attacking display that resulted in a win would work wonders right through the club.

• 35 hibbit // Sep 17, 2015 at 4:18 PM

people expect to win this game Mc must know this ??

• 36 Ron Knee // Sep 17, 2015 at 4:19 PM

Amen to that, Bobby!

• 37 Jail for Ashley // Sep 17, 2015 at 4:24 PM

I bet toonbotherer is the only person on this blog praying for a loss or a draw on Saturday

• 38 toonbrother // Sep 17, 2015 at 4:24 PM

with colo in the mix victory on saturday is pretty much impossible

• 39 Munster Mag // Sep 17, 2015 at 4:25 PM

Good to hear the atmosphere is up Hibbitt. Its about the only thing we are now famous for so we need to keep it. Bobby, i would be happy to see Sissoko benched, the big bollocks. Usual back 4 plus
    Thauvin Wini Anita Aarons
    De Jong
    Perez

I am not convinced by De Jong and would be a bit worried about lack of height in the centre , given two wingers, but at least this gets our quality on the pitch. Perez is a lovely footballer and is a must pick for many reasons. Get after this lot early.

• 40 Bobbybee // Sep 17, 2015 at 4:25 PM

Blast. My presence is required behind the steering wheel so I have to leave. Thanks for the craic fellow bloggers. Try to be nice to each other… 🙂

• 41 Munster Mag // Sep 17, 2015 at 4:27 PM

And I predict a 3-1 victory to the Mgas, maybe 4-1. We will definitely see a reaction on saturday. If we dont, its time to start asking questions about SMC, no doubt in my mind about that.

• 42 bettyswallocks // Sep 17, 2015 at 4:30 PM

Toonbrother…….will you be paying up if we do manage to scrape a win?

• 43 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Sep 17, 2015 at 4:43 PM

Ron…exactly mate 😉

…you see where I am getting with this? lol

• 44 Tsunki // Sep 17, 2015 at 4:46 PM

Yep that was accepted in Jails reply as part of the bet. If we win against Watford I expect a magnanimous gesture from Toonbotherer

• 45 Mick // Sep 17, 2015 at 4:47 PM

I don’t think we will win, I think McClaren will persist with Anita and Colback as DM which gives us nothing going forward and with that now being so obvious Watford will play five across the middle and dominate the midfield which in turn forces our wide men to defend leaving our lone striker to hope that Gini can get up to support him, Watford may not be the best side in the world but you don’t need to be that good to keep us on the back foot with our dreadful midfield.

• 46 the truth will out // Sep 17, 2015 at 4:49 PM

again it all means naff all if the player the club recruited cannot will not perform

• 47 the truth will out // Sep 17, 2015 at 4:53 PM

we will be cut adrift after 9 games

• 48 bettyswallocks // Sep 17, 2015 at 4:54 PM

Tsunki…… I think he will surprise us all by the size of his donation if we do win.

• 49 Mister Tuff // Sep 17, 2015 at 4:56 PM

Jib Jibberish (the blog pest) you have just stated that is was your “opinion” that the attitude and vibe is 100% better at the club than last season.

Now you are saying that you said “I said in my OPINION it is 100% better”.

Don’t think you mentioned opinion at all in fact you didn’t but now say you did. You need to get enrolled for some reading lessons. Duh!

• 50 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Sep 17, 2015 at 5:07 PM

Remember last season when all looked lost and then we beat Leicester and went on a little run?

De Jong , Perez and Aarons have to start on Saturday for this to happen though would be tempted to play De Jong as the striker as he can do everything you need and can finish as good as Cisse let everyone else do the running for him !

• 51 bladeuser // Sep 17, 2015 at 5:08 PM

Sissons is still here only because nobody wanted him and the reason nobody wants him is he is the most overrated player in the epl he Could not lace Vieira s boots
    ASHLEY OUT
    Welsh out

• 52 BandB // Sep 17, 2015 at 5:11 PM

That little run was helped along by a string of managers, now mainly sacked or relegated, telling the press not to be fooled by our form and that we were very hard to beat.
    It seemed to lift our players in a way that Pardew had failed too.
    Let’s hope this chap has just given us our first even break of the season.

• 53 BandB // Sep 17, 2015 at 5:12 PM

And I’d say the vibe around the club has increased 200 per cent.
    Confidence, morale and application have increased from zero to precarious.

• 54 Jib // Sep 17, 2015 at 5:13 PM

Mr Tuff
    I was going to post a long answer based on the purpose of a blog being the dissemination of opinions and therefore unless otherwise stated opinion is inferred and accepted.

But then I realised there was a lot of long words and I might make your head hurt.

So not wishing you any harm let’s just leave it.

• 55 Jib // Sep 17, 2015 at 5:34 PM

Mr Tuff
    IanToon said the other day that you are in your 60’s
    This I found stunning , as you are so dopey ,how you survived so long without cutting your head off with a strimmer while gardening , defies belief.
    The I learned you holidayed in “La Belle France” and THIS jumped straight into my mind

• 56 toonbrother // Sep 17, 2015 at 5:37 PM

@42 bettyswallocks

I could easily LIE that I’ve sent Ed proof of £100 I claim to have paid to some randomly chosen charity and you would be none the wiser! So whats the point?

I won the bet fair and square
    And it has not been honored!
    which is a real shame as I would have held up my side of the bargain had the shoe been on the other foot
    Whats more i would not have grumbled, insulted or abused anyone all because I lost the bet!
    The whole episode is very disappointing to be honest
    And it reveals the low calibre of certain cretinous loudmouths on this blog

• 57 toon kk // Sep 17, 2015 at 5:40 PM

Watfords grit and determination will brush us aside, what’s been obvious for a long time, apart from us having no attaching threat is we lack determination and our squad have lost the will to win.

• 58 Jib // Sep 17, 2015 at 5:42 PM

toon kk
    surely that should be
    “attaching thread”
    pmsl

• 59 BandB // Sep 17, 2015 at 5:43 PM

It’s easy enough to check with Ed as to whether he’s lying or not too, Toonbrother.
    I’m presuming you have, and been told he’s lying.

• 60 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Sep 17, 2015 at 5:50 PM

Pennywise the blog clown…don’t you have anything better to do than to stink this place up?

…and to spout jibberish! (yes, we all know it’s spelled with a g, but you are the only failing to see the joke)

…and here I am explaining it to you (what a waste of time)

• 61 the truth will out // Sep 17, 2015 at 6:01 PM

cloth heed springs to mind

• 62 toon kk // Sep 17, 2015 at 6:01 PM

Watford beat West ham and west ham showed us how to play football. Our squad has some quality players but most aren’t suitable for the premier league, never were and never will be.
    Terrible scouting,

• 63 LGFUAD21 // Sep 17, 2015 at 6:01 PM

Gini did not make his name as a DM

He played further back as a box to box.

Two very different things.

• 64 toonbrother // Sep 17, 2015 at 6:02 PM

@59 BandB
    Whether he is lying or not is irrelevant
    Because he has not paid £100 to the charity of my choice as agreed!
    He’s a sore ungracious loser who not only refused to honor a bet he consciously made, but resorted to abuse and insults only when he realised he had lost!
    Thats just disgusting
    For your information had he asked to extend the bet to cover 6 games , I would happily have agreed to it
    But now I wont bother myself as he has already signalled his intent to renege on our agreement
    Its no big deal to me! i’ll just chalk it up to experience
    You live and learn

• 65 Jib // Sep 17, 2015 at 6:07 PM

Toonbrother
    That’s what happens when you make a gentleman’s agreement with a scoundrel 🙁

• 66 Jib // Sep 17, 2015 at 6:12 PM

Ajax 0 Celtic 1

• 67 MacToon // Sep 17, 2015 at 6:34 PM

Toonbrother, the biggest disgrace on this blog by a country mile.

• 68 WWSBRD // Sep 17, 2015 at 6:36 PM

Haha this bet is quite funny really

As for the charity of choice pretty sure I remember Jail stating it was SBR foundation he would be paying too

• 69 WWSBRD // Sep 17, 2015 at 6:37 PM

toonbottler
    Out of interest where are u from? If u don’t mind me asking

• 70 Jib // Sep 17, 2015 at 6:42 PM

Shoot
    I’ve lost me title
    I thought I was the biggest disgrace

• 71 Jib // Sep 17, 2015 at 6:44 PM

Ajax 1 – Celtic 2

• 72 Mister Tuff // Sep 17, 2015 at 6:56 PM

Jib Jibberish (the blog pest) – yout title is blog scumbag.

• 73 Mister Tuff // Sep 17, 2015 at 6:56 PM

yout =your

• 74 beermonkey // Sep 17, 2015 at 6:58 PM

WWSBRD

it might give toonbrother another record
    as the colo one must have some scratches on it cos all it does is bloody repeat

• 75 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Sep 17, 2015 at 6:59 PM

He’s the blog clown as well…our very own Pennywise 😉

• 76 Jib // Sep 17, 2015 at 7:00 PM

Mister Tuff // yout =your

Ha ha ha ha

Hey dopey give my love to Snow White

Ha ha ha ha

• 77 Jib // Sep 17, 2015 at 7:04 PM

Hey Danish pastry
    I have just seen an interview with Kasper Schmeichel.

He was asked “Why play for Leicester you could have your pick of Danish clubs”

Kas merely raised an eyebrow and said “You ever been to Copenhagen ?”

Ha ha ha

• 78 Jail for Ashley // Sep 17, 2015 at 7:15 PM

toonbotherer,
    You absolute shite bag, firstly the bet was not for a charity of your choice but it was me that suggested a payment to the SBR foundation and it is a total disgrace that you have accused me of lying about donating to a charity. I sent two screen shots copied on to a Word document with the amount and my e mail to Ed.
    Scumbag !

• 79 Jib // Sep 17, 2015 at 7:23 PM

Bordeaux 0 Liverpool 1

• 80 the truth will out // Sep 17, 2015 at 7:38 PM

who cares about the others scores not me

• 81 LGFUAD21 // Sep 17, 2015 at 7:41 PM

I’ve not been watching but my flat mate has. He says that Diego Rolan has been pretty good tonight.

• 82 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Sep 17, 2015 at 7:42 PM

Blog clown…what’s your point exactly?

• 83 toonbrother // Sep 17, 2015 at 7:43 PM

“I sent two screen shots copied on to a Word document with the amount and my e mail to Ed.”

Lololol.
    Wow i guess that statement constitutes irrefutable evidence of your claim.
    By the way my real name is Steve Jobs. Yes! Back from the dead. Ive sent my id with my picture on it in an email to Ed.lol
    Mate do yourself a favour and crawl back into your hole like the sore-losing, dishonorable cockroach you are

• 84 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Sep 17, 2015 at 7:44 PM

The thing that has worried me the most so far about our start is our lack of desire to win the ball back and pressurise the opposition as I thought this was something Mclaren and Cathro have done in their previous jobs ?

If we had pressed West Ham from the start of the game I think they would have folded we made them look much better than they actually are

Would like to see us be a bit more direct we have the players to play like this but for some reason we choose not to play that way

I would have De Jong up front with Perez and Aarons either side with Colback DM and Gini and Sissoko in the middle busting a gut to get involved in the box

We have nothing to lose cause if we get beat the shit will really hit the fan because we could take spankings off Chelsea and City but with a confidence of a win we could maybe shock Chelsea at St James

• 85 Jail for Ashley // Sep 17, 2015 at 7:50 PM

Jail for Ashley // Aug 12, 2015 at 10:07 AM

I’ll bet toonbotherer £100 to be paid to the SBR foundation with the receipt sent to Ed that we will win a game with Collo in the starting line up.

• 86 the truth will out // Sep 17, 2015 at 7:53 PM

classic

• 87 toonbrother // Sep 17, 2015 at 7:58 PM

“Personally I think JfA got shafted by dodgy misleading wording so if he didn’t pay up fair enough (though I expect he did)”

indeed.
    Interestingly, he only noticed the “dodginess” of the wording of the bet after he’d lost!
    Prior to him losing, he was the epitome of gentlemanly conduct
    As soon as he realised he’d lost, he lost the plot
    All manner of insults, abuse and excuses seemed to pour from him
    What does that tell you about this guy’s character?
    A guy of low character who has actually provided ZERO evidence of the amounts he claims to have paid
    But expects us to take his word for it
    Lol
    you couldnt make it up

• 88 beermonkey // Sep 17, 2015 at 7:59 PM

toonbrother

have you contacted ed and asked him

• 89 MacToon // Sep 17, 2015 at 8:02 PM

Anyone can go back and see what happened and see who the real dishonourable cockroach actually is!

toonbrother // Aug 12, 2015 at 8:56 AM

I am willing to bet a £100 we dont win a single while colocinni is in the starting line up
    any takers

—————–

DaraghL // Aug 12, 2015 at 9:00 AM

toonbrother // Aug 12, 2015 at 8:56 AM

any takers

—————————————————————————-
    I’ll happily take that bet

——————————————————

Jail for Ashley // Aug 12, 2015 at 10:07 AM

• 90 toonbrother // Sep 17, 2015 at 8:03 PM

————————————————-
    Jail for Ashley // Aug 14, 2015 at 9:02 AM
    toonbotherer, have you taken me up on your bet

toonbrother // Aug 14, 2015 at 9:04 AM
    I am happy to donate £100 to a charity of choice if we win a game in which colocinni plays 90 mins
    I will donate through just giving.

Jail for Ashley // Aug 14, 2015 at 9:06 AM
    Ok, i will too, but you have to send the receipt to Ed as confirmation!And give him permission to tell me he’s received it.

toonbrother // Aug 14, 2015 at 9:15 AM
    Justgiving lets you record your name anyway so you’ll clearly see the donation came from Toonbrother
    Also this wager only applies to the first 5 games otherwise it is not symmetrical.
    ANYONE TAKING ME UP ON THE BET MUST DONATE £100 TO A CHARITY OF MY CHOICE IF WE HAVE NOT WON A LEAGUE GAME AFTER 5 GAMES WITH colocinni in the first 11

Jail for Ashley // Aug 14, 2015 at 9:24 AM
    toonbotherer,
    I’ll have that, we’ll beat Watford at home. You didn’t half change the goal posts there mind !

• 91 the truth will out // Sep 17, 2015 at 8:08 PM

collo started a game for the under 21s who won

• 92 angelswithdirtyfaces // Sep 17, 2015 at 8:10 PM

I think the title blog orifice is one with a good few on the short list.

Surely this has been posted today – haven’t had time to read all the threads – but it makes a few good points

• 93 Jail for Ashley // Sep 17, 2015 at 8:15 PM

Incredible,
    I think you are on the wind up, firstly your original bet was that we wouldn’t win a game all season you spectacularly changed the goalposts which I let go, it is you that has acted dishonourably, as for proof, I have sent record to Ed as I also stated in the original bet which could easily be checked by sending him an e mail !

• 94 Rotonda heights // Sep 17, 2015 at 8:18 PM

I don’t know why JFA ever go involved with this.
    You’re dealing with a man with an obessive and irrational hate disorder and who’s not liable to be playing with a full deck.

• 95 BandB // Sep 17, 2015 at 8:23 PM

I sense your despair Angels.
    I’d hope to be on it.
    All we need now is an orifice big enough to draw one up.

• 96 toonbrother // Sep 17, 2015 at 8:23 PM

mate word of advice
    dont waste your time addressing me going forward
    i wont be wasting any more of my time reading your disingenuous drivel

• 97 Thump // Sep 17, 2015 at 8:34 PM

@Jail: I think you are on the wind up

You seem to be implying that toonbrother is ever not on a wind up.

• 98 beermonkey // Sep 17, 2015 at 8:36 PM

toonbrother

have you actually emailed ed and found out if he has done as he says

• 99 Sliema // Sep 17, 2015 at 9:28 PM

Isn’t Watford going to be our 6th game? Is the argument that jail should be paying up? I remember reading the day of the bet and as farcical as it was (the goalposts were certainly moved) it did appear to me that Jail agreed to the terms?

However being the blog clown doesn’t help, if there is one person on here who is likely not to be payed up on a bet it’s you Toonbrother, what a depressing addition you have been to this blog… until now!

If we all pitch in a quid will you leave the blog forever Toonbrother? I think we could muster £100.

• 100 toonking // Sep 17, 2015 at 9:36 PM

JFA

It certainly can be difficult for some people to not avoid getting too wound up when trolls are coming onto the bog nd agrivating you but all you’ll be doing is allowing him to win, he’s probably laughing his head off at his own side of the screen, all in all you’ll know, most the standard bloggers know and ed himself will know that this bet was originally base on a full season and having chosen to change his dynamic after he knows the southampton draw therefore means it can’t apply the southampton game and infact even his own statement only says first 5 games and that can be said at any time. What he didn’t include in that statment was the words of the season.

toonbrother // Aug 14, 2015 at 9:15 AM

• 101 toonking // Sep 17, 2015 at 9:39 PM

onto the blog and*

• 102 Tsunki // Sep 17, 2015 at 9:39 PM

However maligned this blog may be and Toon fans in general, I say proof is evident that the collective is the epitome of tolerance for the simple reason that this awful horror of a dishonest liar that is toonbotherer is still being given air time. He cuts and pastes his own deceitful statements as if they are proof he is right. He doesn’t want to acknowledge the truth that the wager has been settled and calls the one who settled it a liar. We are suffering a lying, deceitful, dishonest narcissist with an obsessive hatred bordering on police alertable.

Why? Censure this bag of scum.

• 103 Tsunki // Sep 17, 2015 at 9:45 PM

He was mildly funny as the smartest guy in the room who hated colo win or lose. But this is the real toonbotherer, not a Toon fan at all, but an opposer of one with a questionable stalky persona and no morale fibre. What a total log. Begone you pointless waste and leave us alone!

• 104 Sav // Sep 17, 2015 at 9:46 PM

Why the hell we paid good money for Thauvin when his more versatile, goalscoring team-mate, Ayew was snapped up by Swansea on a free, beats me. Carr must have had ‘limited view’ seats because he clearly didn’t see the opposite side of the pitch.

• 105 angelswithdirtyfaces // Sep 17, 2015 at 9:49 PM

BandB

If you identify with the role and position of blog orifice then that’s down to you. Would you be wanting a badge ? Can you design your own logo ?
    Except in the case of Toon manager, a short list for a position usually requires evaluation of the skillsets and experience required against those on offer.
    If it was a popularity contest like Pop Idol – Orifice Idol doesn’t really have the same ring, then we’d take a popular vote like we did for the Toon’s finishing position this season (looking like we’re all 5-6 places above reality just now).

I have to say I really don’t think you’d win a popular, or even unpopular vote. Sorry if you feel rejected by that and take it in the spirit in which it is meant.
    There really are far more visceral candidates than you. Jeff already thinks he’s got it in the bag, but ego is often deflated when it has to be validated by your peers. Or in Jeff’s case pishers..

• 106 SUTTY1978 // Sep 17, 2015 at 9:57 PM

Sav, i got jumped on for suggesting Thauvin was a massive waste of money on the day we bought him when most people were dead happy. I’d still as I said after the Northampton game, to be proved wrong but the game against West Ham summed up exactly what I was expecting to see from him in the premier league, zero contribution.
    We have a young talent in Aarons who has proved in cameos to have far more talent than Thauvin has ever shown. This is the problem with having Carr, he never watches us play so how would he know what talent we already have? Also who in their right mind would pay €20m for a player who has been crap for two years?

• 107 Jib // Sep 17, 2015 at 9:58 PM

Ayew was paid a £5.7 million signing on fee and will earn a further £10.3 million in wages over the next 4 years.

He is 4 years older than Thauvin and will be missing for 2 ACON cup tournaments.

Not much in it but I would have gone for Thauvin personally.

• 108 BandB // Sep 17, 2015 at 9:58 PM

Angels

I got a Scotticism out of you!
    I feel on solid ground again.

• 109 BandB // Sep 17, 2015 at 10:00 PM

It wouldn’t be a rusty badge, would it?

• 110 SUTTY1978 // Sep 17, 2015 at 10:03 PM

To be fair to Toonbrother his assessment of Colo is pretty much spot on, he does go a bit OTT trying to blame every single goal on him but a huge percentage are at the very least partially down to him and a good percentage directly. I was gutted when we gave him a new contract, Toonbrother must have been crushed!
    Note: this post is not in support or rejection of claims for bets owed or otherwise, I’m staying out of that!

• 111 Jail for Ashley // Sep 17, 2015 at 10:04 PM

toonking,
    I’m not sure if he is a troll, I think it was his girlfriend that our curly haired want away captain got pregnant !

• 112 BandB // Sep 17, 2015 at 10:18 PM

Tsunki

Toonbrother will keep posting his one-liner, and every time will be like the first.
    Someone, possibly me, will bite, and will end up looking a chump while he laughs his head off.
    Censure is always censured in turn on here, and one ends up the more reduced of the two. A lesson I’ve still not learned.
    I thought of the old adage about fools rushing in…but spotted the pitfall gaping in front of me.

previous post: Newcastle Make Two Top Ten Lists In Europe