The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Two More Injuries Picked Up By Newcastle

3:04 pm, Friday, September 18th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 8 Comments

Steve McClaren has started his press conference for tomorrow´s game against Watford and it seems that Newcastle have picked up a couple of new injuries, with Cheick Tiote and goalkeeper Karl Darlow out of the  reckoning for tomorrow´s game.

Cheick has a knee injury according to Physioroom.com and Karl has twisted his ankle in training,  so Rob Elliot will be on the bench tomorrow and at least we have three experienced goalkeepers available this season.

steve mcclaren

Steve McClaren – holding his press conference today for Watford game

That´s unlike the last couple of seasons.

Steven Taylor suffered a hamstring strain and was unavailable for the game on Monday night at Upton Park and the injury prone centre-back is still out for tomorrow´s  game.

Mike Williamson´s  elbow problem is turning out to be worse than first thought,  and Mike is also out for tomorrow´s game so we should see Jamal Lascelles on the bench again.

The injuries are slowly picking up this season although a lot of them are not serious or long term.

Newcastle now have eight injuries and are joint top of the Physioroom.com Injury Table with Everton.

Here´s Newcastle’s injury list according to Physioroom.com:

• C Tiote – Knee
  • K Darlow – Ankle/Foot
  • S Taylor – Hamstring
  • M Williamson – Arm/Elbow
  • P Dummett – Hamstring
  • C Good – Hip/Thigh
  • E Riviere – Knee
  • S Marveaux – Groin

We have a League Cup Tie against Sheffield Wednesday on Wednesday night,  and we were hoping that players like Darlow, Taylor, Tiote and Williamson would be available for that game.

Tags: Injuries · Newcastle News · Premier League · Press · Press Conference

8 responses so far ↓

• 1 SPRINGY // Sep 18, 2015 at 3:06 PM

taylor injured………..never!!

• 2 Blackley and Brownlie // Sep 18, 2015 at 3:16 PM

Re-post
    Toon-Prodigy
    Did I read earlier that you reckon people on this blog are too quick to criticise our old Mr Carr? Do you not think that we have seen years of his best efforts and so can reasonably criticise?

We know Ashley’s policy of buy young with good resale value in mind. But do you not think that, within that policy, old Mr Carr has massive scope?

He could even buy young players with potential for modest amounts, which would be right up Ashley’s street if he got it right. But just about every young player he’s got in has bombed, many of them spectacularly.

• 3 BandB // Sep 18, 2015 at 3:19 PM

Springy, relating to your question earlier.
    The mood music from McClaren and the players this week is that they played well until Monday, when their preparation was interrupted.
    I think McClaren will want to stick to the plan and give them a chance to redeem themselves.
    So I expect everyone to play if they were fit.
    I think they may try to play in the style they did against Southampton, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Obertan is involved at some stage.
    I would like personally to see Perez and DeJong involved, but DeJong may not be 100 per cent and I’m not sure he fits into plan A.
    With Williamson, Taylor and Dummett out, he hasn’t any options in defence, even if he was looking for them.
    The only change I can think of that might happen is that Sissoko may come inside for Anita, with Obertan starting.
    I think that will happen at some stage during the game anyway if they score first.

• 4 Malta Mag // Sep 18, 2015 at 3:25 PM

What a pity Rivierre is injured, it would have been a great opportunity to stake his claim as I still see something in this lad.

• 5 Toon-Prodigy // Sep 18, 2015 at 3:29 PM

Blacklie,

Aye I do, I’v no doubt better players would be through the door if the wage structure and policies were that of Swansea or say West Ham.

We won’t pay the wages of top players or experienced players when they arise and are there for the taking. I’v no doubt that Carr put these players forward but we turned our noses up at them because of wages, signing on fees or age. Bony, Gomis etc etc.

I’v just looked in and caught this on the hop but it’s time for a kip for me as im working tonight.

All in all though, the policies are to blame before any coach or scout and I stand by that belief.

Have a goodin.

• 6 Reyantoon // Sep 18, 2015 at 3:31 PM

Some people are shouting for Aarons to start..
    But if i remember correctly, he was poor in league cup and in some of his PL sub cameos.
    He’s not the same Aarons since after that long lay off.No doubt he has talent but atm,he is behind Thauvin interms of sharpness and contribution.I don’t think Sm need to change a lot in the starting lineup,perhaps one or two.
    It’s a big game 2morow,especially for McLaren.
    He needs to show he can win games comfortably.Otherwise,those sharpening their knives ‘re waiting on the wings to strike his back

• 7 loonie-toon // Sep 18, 2015 at 5:45 PM

Cart beleave Taylor injured wat a shock that is to us all

• 8 Ravostag // Sep 18, 2015 at 11:07 PM

At least we are top of something

previous post: It´s A New Start For The Club – It Will Take Time