The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Poll – Can Newcastle Beat Sheffield Wednesday In League Cup?

12:09 pm, Monday, September 21st, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 60 Comments

nufc emblem150px-Sheffield_Wednesday.svg

Newcastle will play Championship club Sheffield Wednesday on Wednesday night at St. James’ Park in the 3rd round of the League Cup and hopefully we can get a win and that would be our second win this season.

In the previous round,  we beat Northampton Town 4-1 but this will be a stiffer test – with Wednesday being in the middle of the Championship table at present.

The Owls will probably fancy their chances given Newcastle are second bottom of the Premier League with only two draws from our first six games.

It’s a win or defeat and there will be extra time and penalties if required.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Sheffield Wednesday In League Cup?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Capital One Cup · League Cup · Newcastle News · Poll

60 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jib // Sep 21, 2015 at 12:22 PM

We should knock these over and put ourselves in the right frame of mind for Saturday teatime

• 2 toon kk // Sep 21, 2015 at 12:24 PM

Looking at the way we’re playing at the moment resembles last season’s diabolical displays, then again its mainly the same gutless players.
    So I honestly can’t see where our next win can possibly come from. Same as last season we have no proven striker, so whos going to score? Mainly the same defence who can’t or won’t defend, not much pace and no creative players.
    Very poor.

• 3 Graeme // Sep 21, 2015 at 12:29 PM

Ed, yes, of course NUFC CAN beat Sheffield on Wednesday.

Surely, your question should be WILL NUFC beat Sheffield on Wednesday – two completely different questions.

• 4 sing in the corner // Sep 21, 2015 at 12:38 PM

I’m not giving up hoping…but definitely having a holiday from predicting!

• 5 toon kk // Sep 21, 2015 at 12:42 PM

The only change of picking up a point in the premier league is when we play Sunderland by a goalless draw but they have more attacking players than us and it means more to their players than ours, so we’ll loose.
    I predict we’ll go down with a record low amount of points.

• 6 Tsunki // Sep 21, 2015 at 12:43 PM

Cudda shudda wudda. A whole box of banana skins for SM as he won’t want to put too strong a team out, because he’s got bigger teams to get thrashed by next week. Bad place to be.

• 7 Tsunki // Sep 21, 2015 at 12:44 PM

I have to say it’s a fair bet we will throw the dirty mackems their customary lifeline, and revival of the season, at this rate.

• 8 Jib // Sep 21, 2015 at 12:45 PM

It’s fairly clear that SM inherited a pretty disfunctional changing room which probably goes some way to explaining the retention of Colo as club captain.
    We could have appointed an Allardyce/Pulis style manager who would go through the club like a dose of salts “kicking ass” and shaking everyone up.
    I don’t think that has ever been SM’s style and in the long term I think he will prove to be the better choice.
    I’m wondering if Steve is now thinking he should have jumped ship at Derby in January and pre-empted the Carver period ,the effects of which will take ages to get over.
    Ah hindsight is a wonderful thing.

• 9 Mister Tuff // Sep 21, 2015 at 12:46 PM

Jib Jibberish (the blog pest) – what’s going on behind the scenes at SJP this morning – you need to contact the club insider Uncle Peanut to get the latest griff.

F*****g Uncle Peanut.

• 10 Jib // Sep 21, 2015 at 12:53 PM

As usual a carefully thought out insightful post about NUFC by Monsieur Dur the child/adult.

• 11 Tinman // Sep 21, 2015 at 12:53 PM

We will probably stuff them 4-0. Then get hammered in the league

• 12 toon kk // Sep 21, 2015 at 1:00 PM

Darlington had a better squad than Newcastle and they dropped out of the football league.
    Things are looking so bad folks!

• 13 Bobbybee // Sep 21, 2015 at 1:06 PM

No point blaming individuals when the problem is club deep. There are problems throughout. One of the biggest is not allowing the manager to decide who he brings in. Maybe this will change now with a manager in place, but you get the feeling the transfers were decided before Macca arrived and they stuck with them. If Macca wants Austin, get him bought. Don’t allow others to decide who he has to work with when he’s capable and experienced enough to decide himself. The club has been badly run for so long that it was always going to take time to fix it. On another point, it’s no use saying the team lack confidence, whilst expecting booing to help. It doesn’t and never has. If you boo the players, you’re part of the problem – one of many problems. These are tough times and none of the players lose deliberately. With the world and his brother attacking us and hoping we get relegated, this is the time to pull together – regardless of who we blame for the situation.

• 14 Jib // Sep 21, 2015 at 1:22 PM

Well said Robert B

• 15 Toonmania // Sep 21, 2015 at 1:24 PM

My guess is McClaren & Lee Chandley will be gone by Christmas if results don’t start changing although I’m not sure how much good it will do all the time we have bad blood like Tiote, Sissoko and even the useless Colo around the place.
    these players need to go and be replaced with players who want to play for us and one’s that actually give a shite.
    If things don’t change soon I can see us getting relegated even at this early stage of the season Pardew must be laughing his socks off at us.

• 16 Ibizatoon // Sep 21, 2015 at 1:31 PM

Hello all,

Interesting discussions on here it seems.

I mentioned the other day that we could be seeing the effect of a toxic atmosphere behind the scenes. The more I think about it, the more I think it could be at play.

Jib…You raise that as maybe being a reason as to why Colo was kept on. I do question though, if he’s that important to keep on to fix the issue, how come the issue came about in the first place, with him as captain?

As for whether he wishes he had come in January instead. You can call it hindsight if you like, but a lot of people, on this blog anyway, were saying that if our managerial target wasn’t available, then we should move on as waiting could be disasterous.

I don’t think it was just a lucky guess.

Trust is, the club always seem to deem that we’ll be okay and have time. They don’t consider the effect this has on everyone around them though.

Bobby…You say one of the biggest issues is the manager doesn’t have enough control, yet that is the blueprint. How or why should we expect things to improve until the club acknowledges these mistakes and then recitifies them?

I also take on board what you’re saying about booing, but I do wonder how it is you propose fans vent their frustrations or get there point across to the club?

• 17 Ibizatoon // Sep 21, 2015 at 1:31 PM

truth is*

• 18 Tinman // Sep 21, 2015 at 1:34 PM

I still think the toxic atmosphere we are referring too will slowly evaporate with McClaren in charge and the new coaching staff in place. However it takes time to change these kind of things. I’ll give McClaren and these players some more time.

• 19 Bobbybee // Sep 21, 2015 at 1:35 PM

Toonmania, with Ashley’s past record it might not be as early as Christmas. I think they’ll get longer because he’s given them three windows to turn it round and become a team that challenges. Four players was a start, but there’s a lot more to come. I understand the policy of buying with sell on value in mind, because it’s the way to generate income – but you need to buy players other teams will want in 4/5 years. We’re a young team and hopefully will grow together, but we need to get through these early stages.

• 20 Jib // Sep 21, 2015 at 1:44 PM

I thought that as I typed it !

The scenario could be – it’s bad but , if it wasn’t for Colo it would be much worse.

We are all guessing at the inner workings of the club – but my antenna are twitching the way they have for other episodes of the soap opera that is The Toon.

It is just too simplistic too say the squad is shite.

• 21 Bobbybee // Sep 21, 2015 at 1:46 PM

Ibiza, a lot of our players are young lads. Booing them is only ever going to cause damage. Personally I just walk away if I’m unhappy, whereas I’ll stay and applaud if they’ve put up a good performance. I don’t boo because I don’t believe they don’t care or don’t try – nobody wants to lose ffs. People blame the owner, manager, board etc for our situation, then boo the players. It’s pointless and damaging. Personally, if I was that unhappy, I wouldn’t go. That simple.

• 22 LGFUAD21 // Sep 21, 2015 at 1:46 PM

Interesting comments at the weekend about our bad eggs.

The more of these types of performances I see, the more I think Pardew was on to something when he kept saying he wanted some more players like Colback.

Pardew is still flying high at Palace. They look defensively tight and are winning games. They might not be wowing us with their football but at least they arent getting hammered. So maybe Pardew does know a thing or two about football.

Us on the other hand are losing and playing abysmal stuff.

The problems are so clear:
    – We play Anita and Colback together as DMs and we kill any creativity and play on the back foot.
    -We play 1 alone as a sole DM and we lack protection and get over powered.

The problem is that we signed good young players rather than the players we needed.

Our squad is so unbalanced:

We lack solid CB pairing but because we have too many mediocre CBs we refuse to sign any more.

We lack a proper defensive midfielder capable of providing cover and breaking up play.

They shouldve paid Willo off, let Colo go and signed a big strong CB to partner Mbemba.

As for the DM, it shouldve been a priority along with the CB. We have square pegs in round holes in the team. Colback and Anita are best at linking up play, but they cant do that well when they are having to play as defensive midfielders.

• 23 Ibizatoon // Sep 21, 2015 at 1:49 PM

Jib…I agree. Just looking at the squad is far too simplistic for me.

I can’t deny, I have little time for our captain these days. I so struggle to think he’s one of the ones keeping things together, but that is just an opinion.

He wasn’t even fully committed before. I wonder about the effect of Jonas leaving, or more how he left. I thought him and Colo were supposedly good mates?

I just look around this family of ours and think, is it any wonder things aren’t going well. One too many drinks away from a family punch up. That doesn’t appear to have gone away yet. Despite our new look board and coaching team.

• 24 LGFUAD21 // Sep 21, 2015 at 1:50 PM

I really want to know who the other bad eggs are though.

Cisse obviously.

I think the issue with Cisse and Tiote is that they have no fire left in their bellies.

They are both past their primes, they never got their moves so they are only interested in a pay check.

With Tiote it is worse than that as he is on a big money deal – far more than he could get elsewhere.

Both have seen us struggle for too long, they have nothing to motivate them.

Let’s pray we can ship both off to Turkey or the middle east soon.

At least with Moussa, he still has a career in front of him and will play for a move (I just dont think hes good enough for a CL club)

• 25 Ibizatoon // Sep 21, 2015 at 1:52 PM

Bobby…Not having a go, but we’ll always disagree on this issue, as your fall back seems to be rather than saying something negative, just walk away. I fail to see how that helps anything or how it could be considered anything other than turning your back on this thing we love.

I’m sure you’re aware of tough love.

The fans need a voice, whether its a positive or negative one. Or apathy takes over, and we’ve seen what that does to SJP. No winners to be found there.

I suppose there is always the fans forum…

• 26 Ibizatoon // Sep 21, 2015 at 1:56 PM

LGF…I do worry about this tbh. Are they bad eggs, or are they simply clued in to what is actually going on?

I remember the general mood being that we were better off without people like Nolan, Barton etc, but in reality, those sorts have been missed greatly.

Rather than focus on bad attitude, I’d rather question why this bad attitude has come about.

Otherwise in 2-3 years, are we just going to be talking about Perez, De Jong, etc with bad attitudes that need replacing?

• 27 Toonmania // Sep 21, 2015 at 1:59 PM

Very true Bobbybee, but I think it will depend on our situation come December “if” we are still in this same position and with no real hope of getting out I think Ashley might make a move, you can’t be challenging in 3 windows if we are down in the Championship after 2 of em. and as much as I dislike Ashley I don’t think he want’s to see he club in the 2nd tier either

• 28 Bobbybee // Sep 21, 2015 at 2:02 PM

Clearly we need to move players on and bring better ones in. The money’s there, but it’s going to take another two windows before we see the real effect on the pitch. The old guard has got to go, but we need to be careful who we bring in. Mbemba and Wijnaldum are clearly the sort of quality we should be going for. Obviously it’s too early to judge Mitrovic as we haven’t seen enough of him and Thauvin is just settling in. He probably had his best game on Saturday, so the improvement is visible. It’s crucial Mitrovic stays on the pitch either tomorrow or Saturday. (I’d give him half a game Wednesday and start him Saturday). I bought into the three windows thing so I’m not going to change after six games. It will take time, but hopefully it will be worth it.

• 29 Macas // Sep 21, 2015 at 2:10 PM

Thauvin looked even more terrified than Obertan to take his man on down the wing, and when he did he was easily tackled. Doesn’t look like the out and out winger that we so badly needed. Looked a bit better second half when he started to cut inside, so I wonder if he may be more effective played centrally, with Aarons replacing him on the wing. Not sure why he was played on the right first half though, with Sissoko in the middle.

• 30 Rotonda heights // Sep 21, 2015 at 2:10 PM

We are paying for the gutless, safety first option of appointing SM, yet another mediocre brit manager, instead of a bold option like Viera, Tuchel, Galtier and numerous others.

They’ve given a man with a very chequered history total autonomy and appointed him to the board on top of it, largely on Carr’s say-so it would seem.

The likes of Bilic, Flores etc are out there but we go all parochial and if it wasn’t SM, it would have been Bruce or similar.

Carr, Charnley and SM is an unholy trinity that needs getting rid of sooner rather than later.

• 31 LGFUAD21 // Sep 21, 2015 at 2:11 PM

The problem is that if the attitude of the senior players is wrong it’ll infect the team.

Imagine if you turned up for your first day at a new job and the employers immediately started telling you everything wrong with the place.

You’d either look to jump ship asap or you eventually get indoctrinated. I see it all the time at my place.

• 32 ToonRich // Sep 21, 2015 at 2:12 PM

We should be the Owls, but I’m not optimistic!! I live in Sheffield, and last weekend I’m told Wednesday played the best their fans had seen in years! Should have been 4-0 up against a strong Fulham side by half time. At the moment we’d struggle against some championship sides :/

Hope to see some of the youngsters given a chance…I saw Mbabu has been training with the 1st team recently, wonder how he’s progressing?

• 33 Rotonda heights // Sep 21, 2015 at 2:13 PM

SM is making AP look like watching Brazil!!

More negative, more players out of position, more players not fit.

Just the same but somehow even worse.

• 34 LGFUAD21 // Sep 21, 2015 at 2:13 PM

Anyone who watched Derby last year will see that Mmclaren is capable of playing attacking stuff. Same at Twente.

I think most of our problems come from a weak midfield that can’t do what Mcclaren wants them to do. But he has no other option.

• 35 Mister Tuff // Sep 21, 2015 at 2:14 PM

Jib Jibberish (the blog pest) you’ve just posted :-
    “We are all guessing at the inner workings of the club……..”.

Don’t leave things like this to chance about what may or may not be – get the latest griff from Uncle Peanut (club insider).

• 36 Bobbybee // Sep 21, 2015 at 2:17 PM

Ibiza, I never have, nor ever will boo players. I might if I thought they were’nt trying, but I don’t believe that. I take a long term view on it, rather than a spur of the moment reaction. Booing damages confidence, therefore long term it doesn’t help. The players know the difference between walking off to warm applause and walking off to silence, without having to make them nervous about the next game. Tough love? These are not naughty children we’re dealing with ffs. Right now, virtually everybody in the country – football wise – is wanting the club to fail. They want us relegated for several reasons, some involving Ashley and some involving our own fans. They say we deserve it, blah blah blah. If ever we needed to pull together as a club, it’s right now. Regardless of who you blame for the situation, it’s currently the footballing world against NUFC and we don’t need to rip ourselves apart to please those w@nkers.

• 37 JAMSHA // Sep 21, 2015 at 2:21 PM

• 38 DaraghL // Sep 21, 2015 at 2:22 PM

Living in Dublin I don’t get to travel to many games. As a nice early birthday present from my sister who now lives in Newcastle I was treated to a lovely meal and a ticket to the match. Even got myself the new jersey with Wijnaldum on the back as a gift from the family.

Next year I’ll just ask for socks.

• 39 Bobbybee // Sep 21, 2015 at 2:22 PM

Toon rich, I wenta to the U21’s v arsenal last friday abd Mbabu was motm by a distance. First at right back, then following the red card at CB. He’s looking to be back to all that promise he showed in the Academy and deserves to be training with the first team. Hopefully he’ll get a run out tomorrow night if he’s not with the U21’s in London.

• 40 bettyswallocks // Sep 21, 2015 at 2:27 PM

Unfortunately we are now back on the vicious circle. The more we lose games, the more the frustration and anger sets in. This then creates tension on the terraces, which creates over cautious hesitant play with any adventurous pass that goes astray resulting in groans of more frustration. The lack of a leader on the pitch means we have 11 individuals, all lacking in confidence and direction.

Keegan was the only manager that could transmit his enthusiasm and self belief to the players. All the others like Souness , Allardyce, Dalglish etc have all said that once the tension from the fans transmits to the team, then they can’t play.

There was supposed to be a remit for new signings this summer that they had the gonads to play under pressure and retain their ability. They will need to find some confidence pretty damn quick or we are doomed for sure.

• 41 Ibizatoon // Sep 21, 2015 at 2:27 PM

LGF…Is our midfield actually worse than Derbys then?

Bobby…I don’t see it having anything to do with ripping ourselves apart to please anyone.

I don’t agree with constant booing. Heck, I don’t even really hold the players responsible (not in the main part anyway), but i find your solution of happy thoughts to be a real long shot in bringing change.

Once again, not having a go, but there is surely an element of blind faith in the club with that?

• 42 Tinman // Sep 21, 2015 at 2:35 PM

Does anybody think we should recall Adam Armstrong? Mark Douglas is mumbling about it on Twitter…

Most fans seem to think no and I would tend to agree with them

• 43 Ibizatoon // Sep 21, 2015 at 2:44 PM

I know at the time of the boycotts, a lot of fans, either side of the debate, felt hard done by.

An observation from where I was sitting, dialogue of what might be possible would have been far more beneficial than being told nothing can or should be done and that real fans just keep quiet and hope for the best (not a direct quote).

For many people, that is simply not an option. Middle ground may well be what is needed, or surely we’re all to blame for ripping things apart?

If the hope is that the match attending fans don’t get frustrated, I’d say we need to put more thought in to it, as that’s pretty unrealistic, looking at the big picture.

Doing nothing or not looking at options will make people feel powerless, which will cause more frustration.

It’s part of the reason why I wasn’t impressed with Ashleys speech.Why wait until the last day of the season? We needed unifying long before that.

• 44 Tinman // Sep 21, 2015 at 2:44 PM

@Ibiza, agree there is far too much booing going on these days

• 45 ilovetoon8788 // Sep 21, 2015 at 2:45 PM

shef wed is about our level now. should be a tough evenly close fought game.

• 46 ilovetoon8788 // Sep 21, 2015 at 2:45 PM

could go either way

• 47 Bobbybee // Sep 21, 2015 at 2:46 PM

Ibiza, blind faith with what? Buying into the three windows thing? I’m going on the changes the club has made, whilst accepting it won’t be fixed overnight. How is that blind faith when I’m taking all that into consideration? Clearly I think long term, whilst you go for knee jerk reactions, so it’s unlikely we will agree on many things. This is not going to be fixed overnight, so I fail to see why anybody should expect it to be. We are going to find it tough before the improvement shows and I’m prepared for that. I’m prepared to give them time to put eight years of failure right, because the changes show they mean it. We need to buy wisely in January and then finish the job next summer. Until then, we’ve basically got the same players who almost got relegated and I don’t expect miracles overnight. I SUPPORT NUFC and the clue’s in the name. Turning on The players doesn’t help and it never has for any team, in any league, in any country. When we nearly got relegated to the third tier, I stuck with lads then. We got behind the team and lifted them out of danger, together, united. There’s a lot can be learned from history.

• 48 lochinvar // Sep 21, 2015 at 2:46 PM

McLaren and the Board have stated that winning a Cup is a target, so loosing so Wednesday is not an option. We are already at the point where Mclatens team selections and tactics are under close scrutiny and are sadly lacking. Keeping Colo as Club Captain and on the pitch has backfired horribly. There are kids in the crowd who know that a vociferous and respected leader on the pitch is essential to team performance- so why aren’t our coaches doing something about it. Weak leadership leads to weak performances and McLaren is not inspiring anyone.

• 49 Ibizatoon // Sep 21, 2015 at 2:47 PM

Tinman…I’d say no. It’s not a shortage of players, it’s a shortage of players who are ready for the PL right now. More importantly, it’s the clubs approach to things which is hampering us (imo).

Keep Armstrong out on loan. I can’t see what he would be benefitting from by being here at the minute.

• 50 Transfer Sage // Sep 21, 2015 at 2:55 PM

That’s the point I’ve been trying to make for a long time now.

We don’t sign proven prem players so everyone is some sort of risk (I suppose proven players are a risk too, just less of a risk).

Obviously some do better than others, it’s the nature of any deal, but it seems the ones that have done well tend to move on for a profit where we are left with those other’s don’t want.

This then means we have a squad of average to poor players with experience and young/potentially talented lad with no experience.

We lack decent quality experienced players. This is the reason why we often struggle to put good runs together and why we are prone to a good hammering.

• 51 bettyswallocks // Sep 21, 2015 at 2:55 PM

Ibiza….. We need unifying on the pitch in my opinion. Look at Schweinstiger for Man. U on Saturday he took that team by the scruff of the neck and orchestrated one of the best pass and move displays I’ve seen for a long time.

That Man U team had looked over cautious and unsure . He made a massive difference and they all left the field smiling . That’s instilling confidence in my view.

• 52 Transfer Sage // Sep 21, 2015 at 2:56 PM

Also I’m sick of seeing cisse get slated.

The bloke is a quality finisher who gets minimal service. It’s not his game to hold the ball and bring others into the game.

When he played up top with Ba or in a 3 with Ba and Ben Arfa the lad was lethal.

Either play to his strengths or don’t play him, very simple observation that a “top” coach should be identifying.

• 53 Bobbybee // Sep 21, 2015 at 3:01 PM

It is kind of ironic that the most natural finisher we’ve had since Shearer is out on loan, but it seems to be doing him the world of good and for the long term, he’s at the right place. It was pointed out that we have produced the third most crosses per game in the PL. We average 25 a per match, with only five reaching their target. Those tactics would not suit Arma right now. He makes killer runs and needs to be fed balls with the intelligence to match those runs. Let him hone those skills, then build an attack based entirely around the lad. Right now, with those crosses coming in, we need Mitrovic to be on the field and capitalising on them. He’s our current focus in attack and he needs to control himself and score goals, not show us how tough he is. I suspect the goals will come when he’s had a run of games.

• 54 Ibizatoon // Sep 21, 2015 at 3:02 PM

Bobby…A lot can be learned from history. As I just pointed out a minute ago, constantly justifying your stance as being one of a real fan doesn’t really help things, in my opinion.

For what it’s worth, I don’t consider myself a knee jerk reaction type. Nor am I saying we boo players, plan demonstrations or any such thing.

I’m talking about openly discussing where we’ve been, where we’re at and where we’re realistically heading. Within that, what we as fans can do.

In my opinion, yes, the 2 windows thing requires an element of blind faith in the club. I don’t see how you can suggest otherwise. Signs of change? Sure, that’s open to opinion, but the rest of those changes require a huge whack of faith. Faith I would argue the club has not earnt. But fair enough, each to their own.

I’d like to clear up this “fix over night” mantra too, as it’s not fair and is not accurate in what people are saying.

I’m a big advocator in long term thinking and building solid foundations. I fear at the moment, the foundations we have laid will be falling away by the time it comes to build the next level.

I too am a fan of NUFC. I don’t have an option of moving my support elsewhere, i do have an option as to how I choose to support them however.

You pass off my “tough love” comment as something one does with children, when really, the term is much broader than that. The idea is to do things with a loved one (no matter the age) that goes against the grain, with the intent to help them in the long run. To some extent, to save them from themselves.

I don’t want to fight my club, I want to fight for it.

I still think a lot more could and should have been done in the summer, given where we were and where the club say they want to be. Top 8 and a run in the cup was a club set target for this season, right?

• 55 Bobbybee // Sep 21, 2015 at 3:06 PM

My services are required behind the wheel of the car – I wish she’d learn to drive! 🙂 No doubt I will return to continue this later. Be nice to each other.

• 56 bettyswallocks // Sep 21, 2015 at 3:06 PM

Bobby…….. It’s ok having a top striker but if we don’t get the ball to him , he can’t score. The defences are very tight now , so let’s hope Mitro can find a bit of space for himself with his skill and strength.

It seems very obvious to me that we need an experienced , talented midfielder that commands respect from the players, who can organise the midfield.

• 57 Ibizatoon // Sep 21, 2015 at 3:07 PM

Transfer…On the one hand I like the clubs “new” transfer policy. Quality over quantity. Not sure this was the window to implement it. We needed a few bases covering to allow for the next re-build.

A couple of older, proven PL players would help to stabalise a young and new squad.

More than anything, we needed leadership. We decided the best bet was to keep the same leadership from last seasons disaster.

As for Cisse, I get why people are frustrated, but as you point out, we’re not playing to his strengths. Nor does it look like we’re capable of doing so, which is a big worry, as we were led to believe that was the direction our footballing philosophy was heading.

Betty…For sure. We need someone who can grab a game and make it their own. I haven’t seen that in any of our players yet.

• 58 Ibizatoon // Sep 21, 2015 at 3:13 PM

Bobby…Whatever you do, don’t mention that she could learn to drive. The situtation may change!

Sorry, an attempt at some light hearted parting humour.

• 59 Jib // Sep 21, 2015 at 6:13 PM