We have built up a number of injuries already this season although a number of them are slight knocks and some of the players who are not available tonight could be ready for the game at home to Chelsea on Saturday.
We hope so because that´s a big game for Newcastle and as we keep pointing out we have won this fixture the last three seasons and certainly we are desperate for a win in the league very soon.
- Steven Taylor – hamstring problem – out for two months
- Paul Dummett – back in training after hamstring injury in May
- Jack Colback – knock on calf – not serious
- Sadio Haidara – knee problem – not serious
- Karl Darlow – twisted ankle – no return date
- Papiss Cisse – bad back will not play tonight – doubtful for Saturday
- Sylvain Marveaux – back in training – out since July with groin strain
- Emmanuel Riviere – knee injury – will return to training in two weeks
- Cheick Tiote – knee injury – no return date
- Curtis Good – hip/thigh – no return date
Of the above ten players apparently Sadio Haidara has the best chance of playing tonight – so we´ll assume he is fit and everybody else in the list is not.
Bearing in mind that McClaren has said he wants to use the squad for tonight´s game here´s what the team could be:
Janmaat Williamson Lascelles Haidara
Obertan de Jong Aarons
Subs: Krul Mbemba Satka Bigirimana Wijnaldum Gouffran Toney
That gives a rest to Krul, Coloccini, Wijnaldum, Thauvin and Mbemba from Saturday´s starting line up.
Yoan Gouffran is also available and could find a position in the starting line up, and there is talk of Ivan Toney even getting a start tonight.
What would your team be for tonight?