The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

McClaren Rubbishes Report On Newcastle Youngster

8:44 am, Saturday, September 26th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 18 Comments

Since the Mirror is a preferred media partner of Newcastle United, the tendency is to think that what they publish is based to some extent on inside information at the club – but that looks like a false assumption.

Yesterday an article in the Mirror reported that McClaren was willing to loan Rolando Aarons out so he could  get first team games.

Rolando Aarons +Sheffield+United+v+Newcastle+uCd8SVwns5Il

Rolando Aarons – not going on loan

Putting two and two together that would suggest that Steve McClaren didn´t think Rolando was ready to contribute to the first team at the moment – but that´s not true as head coach Steve McClaren has hit back at the report.

When asked if Rolando would go out on a short-term loan as the Mirror had reported, this is what Steve McClaren said:

“No, no.” “He has a little niggle at the present moment and he is part of our plans.”

“Again, another player who is perfect for our style and our system with his speed and pace.”

“At the present moment he is with us.”

Rolando´s contract runs out next summer so we are hoping that he will sign a new long-term contract shortly, but we are also surprised he has appeared only twice for the Newcastle first team so far this season.

We had Rolando in our team for today´s game against Chelsea, but he may not be fit because of that niggle he has.

This is the team we would like to see start today.

Janmaat Mbemba Coloccini (c) Haidara
Colback Sissoko
Wijnaldum de Jong Aarons
Subs: Darlow Lascelles Williamson Anita Thauvin Obertan Perez

If we can get anything out of this game today – it will be  a (big) plus.

Here´s hoping.

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Newcastle U21 · Newcastle Youth · Premier League · Press Conference · Rolando Aarons

18 responses so far ↓

• 1 cyprus // Sep 26, 2015 at 8:45 AM

Spot on Lee. A bit on the side of patronising, like talking to some kids, but I get your reasoning. Some people need everything spelled out or they grow suspicious.

My concern is everybody is now trying to buy time, not least our Steve. Mate you said judge me after 10, I for one will follow your directions. Don’t give me that 3 year story of Boro, I will kick you out way before that if there is no evident improvement THIS season. Get me some results dude. Start today.

Like others have said, the statements are pretty good. Well done but enough of that. Now I want to see some talking where it counts.

• 2 WWSBRD // Sep 26, 2015 at 8:47 AM

will die
    Am not sure this is the time for that level of sarcasm bud

• 3 cyprus // Sep 26, 2015 at 8:49 AM

SDJ (hasn’t proven himself, can he run like 4 km in a game?) and Aarons (if injured) off for Perez (our best talent, willing runner) and Thauvin (surely we bought him expensively as a first teamer, surely he’s been watched more than on youtube).

• 4 lochinvar // Sep 26, 2015 at 8:51 AM

Mclaren, on Aarons “At the present moment he is with us.”

And just what exactly are you saying Steve ?
    Sort it.

• 5 Jail for Ashley // Sep 26, 2015 at 8:58 AM

I don’t think wdfta is being sarcastic, he is some kind of extremist born again christian evangalists that just can’t see wrong in anything. And he doesn’t believe in dinosaurs.

• 6 Jib // Sep 26, 2015 at 8:58 AM

I cannot speak for Bobby .

I used to kinow Mick Lowes quite well about 12 years ago when he lived at St Peters Basin , I used to go drinking with him and Mick Martin on Stowell Street.

I am amazed the big fat drunkard is still alive do be fair.

He is a life long Nottingham Forest fan and doesn’t give fig for the Toon

The club was rotten to the core in those days with Fat Freddy thieving from it , it isn’t now. Fatty Lowes never said a peep about Shepherd’s abuse of the club cos he used to get splendid matchday hospitality then.

• 7 Jail for Ashley // Sep 26, 2015 at 9:00 AM

From previous to the poster who said SMc wanted to join in January but Derby wouldn’t let him. Links and quotes please and no hiding behind the excuse of I don’t know how to do that.

• 8 Derek // Sep 26, 2015 at 9:01 AM

My team versus Chelsea:

All out attack. Don’t care if we lose as long as we try to score early. Our best chance is if we can get lucky with an early goal which will give everyone a boost.

Perez and Aarons are our best players and will only get better with more games against top level opposition so they should both start.

Haidara has been absolutely terrible. Even if we don’t have a replacement LB, Anita would do a better job there.

4-4-2 Diamond Formation

Sub: Thauvin for Sissoko,
    Cisse for Mitrovic,
    Colback for Wijnaldum.

• 9 Jail for Ashley // Sep 26, 2015 at 9:02 AM

You are a proven liar and I don’t believe a word you say.

• 10 Shearer.Milburn // Sep 26, 2015 at 9:07 AM

Mcclaren says Aarons is injured so Ed puts him in the team he’d like to see today??? Good work Ed, good work.

• 11 Shearer.Milburn // Sep 26, 2015 at 9:09 AM

Whoops, statement retracted. Just saw that you mentioned his niggle. Actually good work without the sarcasm this time haha. my bad

• 12 Jib // Sep 26, 2015 at 9:11 AM

When I say drink with him.

Mick Martin and I would have 2 or 3 pints and in the same time piggy Lowes would have quaffed about 12 .He used to drink a pint in 2 gulps.

You knew he wasn’t a toon fan because his knowledge of NUFC after his time in Newcastle was encyclopaedic , before his arrival in the North East his knowledge was ,zilch , zero ,a big black hole —- just like Jail for Ashley.

• 13 Jib // Sep 26, 2015 at 9:14 AM

Jail for Ashley.

You are getting yourself confused honey.
    According to you it’s Ashley who is the proven liar.
    Furnish the blog with proof of my lies.

• 14 Jail for Ashley // Sep 26, 2015 at 9:16 AM

So there can only be one proven liar then !

• 15 Jib // Sep 26, 2015 at 9:17 AM

Again I doff my cap and give credit where it is due.
    This is looking remarkably prophetic (the gloating is bit distaseful but thats Tsunki for you )

Tsunki // Jul 26, 2015 at 11:37 PM
    Well I told you so. I love saying that. I told you so ha it never gets old! Yes, SM has the look of realisation.
    If we start with the usual back door boys I think SM might cut a sad and pathetic figure by november

• 16 Lynny // Sep 26, 2015 at 9:17 AM

I’d start with Obertan. Not his greatest fan, but He gets forward and brings what we lack. We’re massively missing Tiote. We keep playing with 2 holding midfielders that can’t do the job of Tiote! Play him and get him fit. I’d also like to see Marveoux get a chance. If used right he can be a massive player.

• 17 jimmysmith // Sep 26, 2015 at 9:20 AM

Blatter is about to come to a grizzly end. He’ll be crucified by the media, and while he doubtless has it coming, you can guarantee it won’t be balanced and fair, no chance, the jackals will have their day.

• 18 banjax // Sep 26, 2015 at 9:22 AM

Hope I’m wrong, but with Chelsea and Man City next I can’t see a win, so we will be in crisis. Mike Ashley has stumped up the cash as he promised so at the international break he needs to hire a new manager like Klopp and sack Charnley to show he means business. There is no time left for messin about this is serious folks.

previous post: Charnley Apologizes To Fans – We Will Not Panic