The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

One Change – Gouffran In For Colback – Tiote, Cisse On Bench

2:01 pm, Saturday, October 3rd, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 405 Comments

manchester-city-crestnufc emblem

Steve McClaren has announced the Newcastle team for today´s tough game at the Etihad Stadium and there´s one change with Yoan Gouffran coming in for the injured Jack Colback in defensive midfield and the team will continue to play in a 4-4-2 formation.

Maybe if we had taken Jack off when he first was injured last week he would have been available today?

Newcastle (4-4-2): Tim Krul; Daryl Janmaat, Chancel Mbemba, Fabricio Coloccini (c), Kevin Mbabu; Moussa Sissoko, Vurnon Anita, Yoan Gouffran, Georginio Wijnaldum; Ayoze Perez, Aleksandar Mitrovic
Substitutes: Rob Elliot, Jamaal Lascelles, Mike Williamson, Cheick Tiote, Siem de Jong, Florian Thauvin, Papiss Cisse

Referee: Kevin Friend (Leicestershire)

It´s an unusual position for Gouffran, but we assume he must have looked good in training playing in that position – but he has to have a good game today.

No doubt it´s an excellent chance for the Frenchman to show head coach Steve McClaren what he can do for the side.

The way the team is set out Sissoko could be playing in defensive midfield and Gouffran on the wing – we´ll see who´s playing where when the game kicks off.

It’s good to see Cisse and Tiote back in the squad and both could possibly get some playing time – with Cheick maybe coming in for Gouffran at some stage.

If we are to do well today both Mitrovic and Perez up front will have to be a threat to the City defense, but they looked excellent together last week against Chelsea.

This is some of what McClaren had to say yesterday about this game:

“Consistency now, that’s what were after,” said the Magpies’ head coach.

“That kind of performance we saw last week, particularly in the first half, is what we are after and now it’s about maintaining that.

“We’ve been inconsistent from the start of the season but we had a good performance last weekend and hopefully we will tomorrow as well.

“The first eight games were always going to be tough when you’re playing against last season’s top teams. After seven games we are starting to get a little closer to our starting XI, our system of play and our style.”

Newcastle will have to play really well today to get something out of this game.

Three in five fans think we will lose this game which is a little more positive than the poll for the game against Chelsea last Saturday  when three in four fans though we would lose the game.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Manchester City?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Match Preview · Newcastle News · Poll · Premier League

405 responses so far ↓

• 1 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:04 PM

Interesting to see Gouffran getting a game. I have been a fan of his, think the lad works very hard, seems to know where the goal is too when he is able to get in the box.

People might complain but what the other options? Thauvin? Obertan, hardly inspiring.

• 2 JackButler // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:04 PM

Gouffran has a good engine and will stand strong. Not many options so okay with that line up

• 3 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:04 PM

I always try to sit to wait and see, not pre-empt our performances, but Gouffran, presumably at CM, is depressing. Hope he somehow has a cracker, just can’t see it in my wildest dreams.

• 4 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:05 PM

Ruddy

Who knows, the 2 CBs for man city are far from fantastic, we have a chance if we go for them and don’t just sit back.

• 5 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:05 PM

JB

You mean he’ll stand strong like this?

• 6 Toonfan8 // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:05 PM

I am waiting for the game, Goofy isnt really a CM, but hope he will play there good…nice to see Perez and Mitro upfront and Mbabu on the LB position…we definetely need a CM, strong one…

• 7 JackButler // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:06 PM

Hail
    what other options do we have

• 8 Toonfan8 // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:06 PM

and what the Man city line up is?

• 9 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:07 PM

Jack

Agree mate, obviously some big money players have a great impact. Ronaldo for example at madrid.

But look at Bale, has his 86mil move really been worth it? Plenty in Spain who rate Isco much higher.

• 10 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:07 PM

We’re talking about City missing key players and that we have a chance and we’re putting players like Gouffran in the starting line up?

Bloody howay lads, Gouffran is shite, no two ways about it.

• 11 JackButler // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:08 PM

Hail

You pull out on five second clip to prove a point!

Interesting

• 12 SUTTY1978 // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:08 PM

Gouffy did alright against Northampton, so city should be a walk in the park!

• 13 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:08 PM

Hail

I think gouffran will be on the left.

What else is there? Obertan or Thauvin.

• 14 firebug666 // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:09 PM

#MCFC XI vs Newcastle: Hart, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Mangala, Kolarov, Fernando, Fernandinho, Silva, Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero

• 15 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:09 PM

Ruddy

I disagree, I think gouffran is a decent finisher, not a star player but he’s alright.

We are limited for options. Shows how much McClaren has had a say on transfers when his star signing Thauvin can’t get in the team.

• 16 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:10 PM

JB

Thauvin out wide and either Sissoko (my preference) or Wiji central. Not a half-arsed ST come LW come LWB turned CM.

Maybe we’ll go 4-3-3 with Perez and Goffran out wide, although having Perez and Mitrovic nearby centrally is key.

• 17 Foxworth // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:11 PM

It’ll be

Sissoko – Anita – Winji – Gouff

Madness to think Gouff will be CM.

Hope Mitro breaks his duck today!

• 18 Tinman // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:11 PM

Hmmm Gouffran. Not sure on that one. Much prefer the line up I posted on my site. But I guess he wants to go for a similar team rather than change things up. Not a terrible line up to be honest. Hope Gouffy plays well.

Like Transfer Sage said, he does know where the goal is, would be great to see him nick one today. And he does have one of my favourite ever Newcastle chants…

On 100% for my tips so far. Yes so there has only been 2… But 3 more posted today if anybody likes a flutter http://forevernewcastle.com/31015-go-for-the-hat-trick/

• 19 Toonfan8 // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:12 PM

now we know selling Abeid was a mistake and what is the point in having 50-60k/week Tiote in the squad if Goofy is ahead him in the squad…

• 20 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:13 PM

Hail

I don’t think I’ve seen sissoko have a good game out wide ever, very poor there for me.

As for thauvin, I’ve not seen a lot of him but doesn’t excite me in the slightest.

The less said about Obertan the better. Somebody needs to sit him down with the video of him flying past people at Bordeux and ask him why he doesn’t even try that anymore. At least if he kept failing doing that I’d appreciate that he tried something.

• 21 JackButler // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:13 PM

Hail

Sissoko’s will be central with Gouffran out wide. Thauvin. Shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting 11 right now

• 22 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:13 PM

Sage

Decent finisher? 12 goals in 88 games would beg to differ. Just because our options are crap doesn’t make Gouffran less crap.

Yes, his presence in our side is demonstrative of how rubbish our squad is. Him being our best option doesn’t suddenly make him a good player – or even an alright player. He’s shite. He’s just not as shite as our other options.

• 23 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:13 PM

JB

That’s just one instance, he’s been half-hearted for a long time and even when he did bother he was a disaster on the edge of our box for a string of games in his last run in the team. If he can make a fist of this and see today as a fresh start than great, I just have my well founded doubts.

• 24 Tinman // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:14 PM

Foxworth,

Gouff has played in the CM every game he has played under McClaren

• 25 JDdubai // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:15 PM

Gouff will be CM today, i remember McClaren using him there pre-season and since then.

City’s front 4 look terrifying..

• 26 catchy in norway // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:15 PM

Goofy would not be any where near my team , esp in that position , he hides in games

• 27 Tinman // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:16 PM

Toonfan,

Think Tiote is coming off the back of an injury. I’m sure he is ahead of Gouff. It’s actually refreshing to see a manager playing someone who is fit rather than letting the returning player pick up a more serious injury

• 28 JackButler // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:17 PM

Hail

I don’t rate him to highly myself, but given the other options we have, he’s the best of a bad lot, it goes to show just how poor the depth of our squad truly is.

It’s also a kick in the teeth for Carr as his star player, one he’s chased for years can’t get into the team as he’s so poor

• 29 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:17 PM

with Goufy there dear lord :-/

• 30 Terry // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:18 PM

Whatever chance we had has just gone with the inclusion of gouffran.One of the laziest I’ve seen.

• 31 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:19 PM

Thauvin is just a younger Cabella. Full of ability, but is weak and has no physical presence and is incapable of tracking back. Absolutely no point to him.

Why do we even bother with these types of players? Bloody ninnies who do nothing but dance on the ball, can’t beat their full back and offer nothing going back?

• 32 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:19 PM

If gouffy plays central midfield it is a total waste mind, I’ll agree with you all there.

Ruddy

I think gouff is a good finisher, stand by that comment. He’s never had a run as a striker so that record is alright. I’d also say that when you play in a team who keeps everyone behind the ball you won’t have a good goal record.

Ba only got goals when he was up top with shola or cisse, when alone he was as isolated as anyone else.

• 33 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:19 PM

Thauvin is poor so far and I don’t think he’ll cut it in the long run, but he’s still a bit of an unknown quantity, there’s still potential for improvement, Gouffran has been rubbish for a long time. If he is to be on the LW, when did he last provide anything from out there?

Needs to remember what got some calling him Gouffran-ran-ran in his first 6 months here! Probably why he’s in there as he may be showing that appetite again. Hope so.

• 34 Shadow_Shearer // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:21 PM

I see goufran is the talk of the toon line up!

• 35 Tinman // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:21 PM

Ruddy,

Whilst Cabella and Thauvin are similar in stature they are different styles of player. Thauvin is more of an out and out winger whilst Cabella is probably better as an inside forward or Number 10.

I think the axe is being swung a bit too early on Thauvin. Let’s see how it goes. Not a promising start so far mind

• 36 Rotonda heights // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:21 PM

Before Mag 52 start his Pardew hero worship and love in again, ask yourself why with arguably better players he never played that way with us, apart from 2 x 6 match spells in his second and final seasons, nearly 2 years apart, when we played 433.

• 37 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:21 PM

Sage

Stand by it all you want, there is absolutely nothing to suggest that it’s true. The guy played solely up front for Bordeaux and his record in a considerably worse league does not set the world alight so I’ll take facts over opinions every day of the week mate.

Wherever Ba has gone his record has followed him – he’s a good finisher. Good finishers get goals – Gouffran doesn’t get goals.

• 38 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:22 PM

Ruddy

I’d agree on your Thauvin comment from what I’ve seen. i think cabella offered more, still not enough mind.

For all ben arfa has his problems, he was a hell of a lot better than the wide players we have replaced him with. He had strength, amazing acceleration to beat his man and could score goals.

• 39 chicousa // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:22 PM

Oh my….Having Gouffran at CM is like giving City a 12th man! He gives up the ball so easily and so frequently, that he might as well just pass it to Arguello straight away!

• 40 Jib // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:23 PM

Toonfan8
    Try singing this :-

Whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge whinge

To the tune of “All creatures great and small”

• 41 Shadow_Shearer // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:24 PM

Personally I see SM tactics in this game to be defend the wings, sissoko & gouffy drop off to help the wing backs. & attack through the centre. That’s why we have two up front, & wijnaldum in a central role. I reckon it’s the right thing to do

• 42 Rotonda heights // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:24 PM

toonfan8

absolute insanity selling abeid and kemen. Colback isn’t really top drawer, tiote looks finished and don’t even get me started on playing goofy who was a half decent striker, but never a CM.

• 43 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:24 PM

Tinman

I agree it’s early on in his career here but some players just have that look where you think, yeh he’ll be good, or I can’t see him making it….shame it’s the latter from what I’ve seen.

• 44 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:25 PM

So without Colback who is tracking Silva? Didn’t think so…

• 45 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:26 PM

rotonda

I never got why we sold abeid and kemen but chose to keep players like obertan.

The whole club is a disgrace really. top to bottom.

Can’t wait until this cycle is over and we can get our club back again.

• 46 Jib // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:27 PM

Chicousa
    Gouffran does not give the ball up easily.
    Which Arguello do you mean the boxer or the tenis player ?

• 47 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:27 PM

I think Gouffran might be back in his baby sitting role on the left wing to protect Mbabu

Its a strange one if he plays the Colback role I honestly think we will line up with Sissoko in the middle we need a big performance from him no matter where he plays

• 48 Tinman // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:28 PM

Transfer,

Well when his first touch was to skip past Shaw I thought hold on, here we go. But he has faded since then. A star performance in the league cup isn’t going to win too many plaudits. Some of these French boys just don’t show the passion and desire

• 49 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:28 PM

Ruddy

Fair enough, I just think gouffran has a knack for finding the goal when he plays regularly and gets a chance.

• 50 the broons // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:28 PM

Gouffran in centre mid! *huge sigh*

• 51 Jib // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:30 PM

Rotonda heights

and don’t even get me started on playing goofy

or what

will you stamp your little foot and thcream and thcream and thcream til you go blue in the face ?

• 52 toonking // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:31 PM

ruddy

it’s not as hard to aswer as you’d think.

at palace he’s got the pace, here he didn’t other than obatan and throught a lucky gouffran injury arrons although arrons soon go injured.

We had to play cisse statue all the time as well because he was the only goal scoring striker we had most of the time, perez was a newbie, rivere is like another shola whilst remy and ba both got sold.

• 53 JackButler // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:32 PM

If the reports are true that Tiote is now fit this is a kick in the teeth for the lad.

Think today we are going with a midfield five with

Perez, Sissoko, Winni, Anita, Gouffran

• 54 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:32 PM

Tinman

For me it’s not just the french lads who lack passion and desire, it’s quite a lot of them. I wish they all had the attitude of Perez. Every time he steps on the pitch you can see he wants to enjoy himself but it means the world to him.

Yes the club set up isn’t conductive for success but these players should be putting a lot more effort in to improving themselves and wanting to win games. Too many are just happy to sit collecting wages.

I think the manager is important but when any good pros talk about playing they always say its leadership on the pitch and adjusting to game situations that is important. A manager can only do so much.

• 55 Tinman // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:32 PM

I’m off to watch the game folks. Enjoy. See you later!

• 56 toonking // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:33 PM

If our squad is as good as you think ruddy why the hell is goffran coming in for colback?

• 57 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:33 PM

Cabs with a goal and an assist for Palace today, pulling the strings in the middle of the park and an all-round good performance from Pards’ Palace side.

*Sigh*

• 58 lochinvar // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:33 PM

100,000 Scots trying to get into SJP or at least surround it with a fevour that we miss ( at the moment )

Imagine that passion converted to a 100,000 NUFC fans swamping the town for a winter nights game under floodlights against Barcelona in the Champions League

Stuff dreams are made of – oh yes I am dreaming, time to wake up !

• 59 Crow59 // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:33 PM

Paul meson just made a good point on SSN, hard work doesn’t win you football matches in the premier league. For me goofy has the work rate but that is it, it takes something special to win especially at city away.

• 60 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:33 PM

jack

He’s not going to be match fit though, be a huge game to start him in. He’s not even made the bench before today so he can’t be 100%`

• 61 Dennis Twice // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:33 PM

Attack Toon attack, attack!

• 62 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:34 PM

Toonking

Where have I said that I think our squad is good? In fact, I am pretty sure I’ve said exactly the opposite to that.

• 63 Tinman // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:34 PM

@Transfer

Sorry no time to reply.

Can Steve Black help give some of these boys an attitude adjustment?

Having players like Mitrovic, Perez, Janmaat and Wijnaldum, who leave it all out there can only be beneficial.

Sissoko is the prime offender for me, but like you say there are otheres. Just take a look at the captain on occasion

• 64 Jib // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:34 PM

Crystal Palace 3rd place
    Where’s Catchy when you feel the need to take the piss out of someone ?

• 65 SuperShearer // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:34 PM

Anyone got a working link to the game?

• 66 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:34 PM

crow59

I’d disagree with Merson, hard work does win you games, but you need the balance.

Can’t just be hard work and can’t just be skill, you need the right amount of each, otherwise you will get no where.

• 67 Tinman // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:35 PM

@lochinvar

Stop it. 😉

• 68 chicousa // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:35 PM

Jib
    Aye I mangled the spelling of Aguero’s name, you got me there! But as for Gouffran giving up the ball easily, go back and watch any game he has played in over the last couple seasons! He is terrible!

• 69 JackButler // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:36 PM

Sage

Possibly, but we could get a good hour out of him If he’s fit, but if we play with a five in the middle with Perez and Gouffran out wide I think it’s about the best we can hope for

• 70 catchy in norway // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:37 PM

jib I’m right here,

wait until Pardew the ego turns up;)

• 71 Jib // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:37 PM

Crow59
    Paul Merson knows nowt , that is precisely how West Ham got their win at the Etihad by working their socks off.

• 72 Shadow_Shearer // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:37 PM

Is aguero not just back from injury. So is silva. Hopefully they both will not be fully fit

• 73 Whumpie // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:38 PM

I see the logic. In Goofs we have a player with a great engine and brilliant work ethic but who hasn’t had the end product on the wing in terms of crosses. Putting him in the middle as the central attacker alongside Anita as defensive midfield makes some sense. Anita gives us the pass option and Goofs the charge forward option.
    Could work.

• 74 boater // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:42 PM

The points differential between Gouffran playing and not last season is considerable- also we conceded 5 times after he came on as a late sub: four of those down his flank and 3times directly after misplaced passes/ not holding the ball up by him. Obertan may fail to spark but surely that’s nothing compared to being a proven liability.

• 75 Tinman // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:43 PM

Quickly back to confirm gouff has been training in the cm role this week.

• 76 catchy in norway // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:44 PM

Jib

P45 left us,

He is a very poor manager and coach , we may be second bottom but I’m more than happy to see this season as a transition season, I see changes already , but the hardest change is changing the loser mentality that P45 installed in the players, that will take time.

it was also the most difficult start of the season for any of the prem teams, in the games against the bigger teams we have played well, tha just needs to be replicated in the the games with the other teams in the prem

• 77 Mister Tuff // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:44 PM

Must surely be a 3 -0 or 4 -0 trouncing. They should have a go – nothing to lose.

• 78 toonking // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:45 PM

my mistake ruddy

got mixed up with names there, my post was meant to be a rely to rotanta 36 just above your post

soz

• 79 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:46 PM

Toonking

No worries mate!

• 80 catchy in norway // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:46 PM

palace score 2 cabaye scores one and gets 2 assists

how does that work ?

• 81 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:47 PM

catchy

Regardless of what you or anyone think of Pardew I personally don’t see the improvement under McClaren.

I think we play the same rubbish but without the long ball at the end.

Under pardew it was pass around at the back, roll into midfield before knocking it back to willo to lump it long.

Not we do all that but insead of willo we just lose it in midfield.

• 82 Terry // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:48 PM

I’ve never heard a more boring analyst than John Anderson,Constantly repeats himself and all he ever says is “interesting “.

• 83 Crow59 // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:48 PM

I think as a whole we do work hard as a team. Wiji, Anita, colback, ayoze etc all run themselves into the ground week in week out. So given that I think the inclusion of a creative/flair player to make those special moments is what we miss and for me goofy isn’t going to bring that.

• 84 ROSHAN MAGPIE // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:50 PM

Gouffran is useless don’t matter where he plays

• 85 SUTTY1978 // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:51 PM

Time for the first goal? I’m going for 9 minutes.

• 86 WWSBRD // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:51 PM

Goofy isn’t seriously starting CM is he? Howay must be on the wing surely

• 87 Thump // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:54 PM

@WWSBRD: He started there against Northampton (I know, I know) and looked alright, actually. He’s defensive enough to pull it off, and has a fairly decent eye for passes.

Let’s just hope he puts in the same performance tonight and the Goofy of last season is long gone.

• 88 chicousa // Oct 3, 2015 at 2:59 PM

roshan and boater,
    Agreed – Gouffran is a liability wherever he plays. Playing wide he is simply useless…but as a CM he is dangerous. Regardless hope the boys play with some fire! HTL!!!

• 89 WWSBRD // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:00 PM

Thump
    Really? All the reports I read said he was muck at CM even against Northampton. Bloke hasn’t even made the bench lately and he’s starting CM against the best team in the league…yeah am not seeing anything good coming from this

• 90 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:01 PM

Looks like he is central!

• 91 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:01 PM

Right well let’s see what we can do. Need a big performance from everyone. Bugger Merson, we need everyone to work their socks off if we’re to have a chance at all.

• 92 wingspan // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:02 PM

Anybody got a link gentlemen?

• 93 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:03 PM

Nice start!

• 94 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:04 PM

Wiji on corners, why?

He’s good in the air and Ayoze’s corners have been good.

• 95 swemag // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:06 PM

links?

• 96 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:07 PM

Gouffran giving it away and then a limp attempt to regain the ball.

• 97 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:07 PM

Now a silly foul.

Not a CM in a million years.

• 98 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:08 PM

Gouffran! Not many options? Serious?

• 99 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:08 PM

Almost cost us big time already.

• 100 peterk3 // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:08 PM

Goufran is sheyt

• 101 Komag // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:08 PM

swemag

• 102 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:09 PM

FFS open your gobs!

• 103 AncientC // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:10 PM

Mbabu makes an error and captain Colo stays silent, then even applauded Mbabu. What the hell?

• 104 toonking // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:11 PM

not good
    scum gone ahead now we might be going bottom

• 105 Komag // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:12 PM

Sorry. Here is the right one:

• 106 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:13 PM

Ancient

Probably because he was partly culpable. In that situation, you want your captain taking control one way or the other, either taking it into his own hands or instructing the youngster to do so, Mbabu looked to his captain and saw him hesitating.

• 107 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:15 PM

Real chance that, disappointing Mitro.

• 108 toonking // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:18 PM

WTF!!!!!!!!!!11
    GOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALL
    HWTL mitrovic

• 109 Thump // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:18 PM

That was some beautiful positioning by Mitro. Well played by Mbabu and Gini to get into the position.

• 110 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:18 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Class!

Mbabu prepared to have a go made that and Wiji on his toes!

Mitro off the mark!

Howay!

• 111 89Norcal // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:19 PM

oh mitro you beautiful man!

• 112 Mister Tuff // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:19 PM

F****ng tremendous goal.

• 113 Jib // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:19 PM

Mitro must have neck muscles like a f”king bull

• 114 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:19 PM

Mbemab great so far

• 115 TheToonKing // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:19 PM

What a cross bu Gini !

• 116 ilovetoon8788 // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:20 PM

Beautifully played mbabu gini and mitrovic. Great goal!!! Wher was this Newcastle?

• 117 Thump // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:20 PM

@WWSBRD: That’s why I said “alright”, mate! He can do a job, but he’s blatantly in the team because he’s been whining about not getting gametime.

• 118 2_goal_tino // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:21 PM

Mbabu was crucial in that goal… great start to his career!
    Great from Gini and Mitro. Mbembe has been superb sp far too.

• 119 Jib // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:21 PM

If we get a second the lads will start doing a Poznan just to take the piss

• 120 manxpie // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:21 PM

great finish and brilliant from mbabu i thought mitro would go more batshit mental than that in his celebration dissapointed actually

• 121 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:23 PM

Perez is great in tight situations

• 122 beefman13 // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:23 PM

mitro mbabu n wiji terrific, Mbabu has something special about him.

• 123 SUTTY1978 // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:25 PM

Just wish we had scored that in the 93rd minute with the score at 0-0, long way to go……

• 124 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:26 PM

Want to see that again!

• 125 2_goal_tino // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:26 PM

How close was that… Janmaat can’t have been much offside. No one was anywhere near Mitro!

• 126 89Norcal // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:26 PM

wtf looked on at the nearside there….

• 127 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:27 PM

Aaahhh, damn, damn, damn!

Could be out of sight already, remarkably.

• 128 89Norcal // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:28 PM

OMG Mitro again

• 129 willowdalerez // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:28 PM

Just saw the goal!!! Beautiful that but we have been looking disorganized at the back. Hope we get it together on defence can expect that much luck in our box to conitnue! HWTL

BTW Love the formation and starters!

• 130 ilovetoon8788 // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:29 PM

What a miss by mitrovic. We need to take our chances or we’ll be punished.

Mbabu starts his career against multimillion pound wingers and he’s handling them well.

• 131 89Norcal // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:31 PM

janmaat telling the city fans to f*** off lol

• 132 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:33 PM

Well done Mitro drawing the fouls again.

• 133 ilovetoon8788 // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:33 PM

Gini is playing brilliantly so far. What a player.

• 134 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:34 PM

Mbabu not giving an inch once again.

• 135 89Norcal // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:34 PM

Mbabu is amazing man

• 136 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:36 PM

Piss off ref and baying crowd.

• 137 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:36 PM

Only looked bad because he blindsided him.

• 138 89Norcal // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:37 PM

tad dangerous from anita to be fair

• 139 lukes26 // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:38 PM

hoof. anita is one lucky mf

• 140 lesh // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:38 PM

Citeh players crowding the ref demanding a booking for Anita – shouldn’t the ref card them?

But, forgot it’s at Citeh.

• 141 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:39 PM

Don’t want this game stretched. we have them in check, don’t play in to their hands

• 142 toonking // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:42 PM

could see it coming and it has there attack was never going to avoid scoring against this defence

• 143 89Norcal // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:42 PM

ah damn, thought we should probably be 2-1 up tbh

• 144 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:43 PM

Bollocks.

Dropped our intensity for a moment and paid the price.

Unfortunately Mbabu not getting out quick enough.

• 145 AncientC // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:43 PM

That was coming, Man City will show us their heels now. What a shame… City were there for the taking.

• 146 ilovetoon8788 // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:43 PM

Very poor defending by mbabu

• 147 TheToonKing // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:43 PM

How was that not offside ??!!

• 148 catchy in norway // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:43 PM

transfer t

we are better defensively

there seems to be team spirit

and now we attack better as a team

big improvement in my book

but it’s still not great

• 149 ilovetoon8788 // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:43 PM

Getting punished for our earlier misses..

• 150 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:44 PM

Still too soft in CM. Feel we have the measure of them everywhere except there.

• 151 lesh // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:44 PM

And now we’re bottom!

• 152 89Norcal // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:44 PM

was wondering where everyone was, just had to wait till we conceded 😆

• 153 beefman13 // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:45 PM

Silva is the danger man all day for them, eat the little twat.

• 154 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:45 PM

catchy

I think Mbembs playing not willo is why we defend better, still don’t think we defend solidly as a unit.

Same in attack, have our moments but ultimately very similar.

Hope there is more improvement though, we need to see some positive changes.

• 155 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:46 PM

How can my blind commentator not distinguish between Janmaat and Mbabu? Different colour for starters, plank!

• 156 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:48 PM

Yup, take out Silva and they’re very ordinary, crafts everything for them whether he makes the final pass or not.

• 157 manxpie // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:48 PM

thats never a free kick!!

• 158 Thump // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:49 PM

Decent half, like. Mbabu showing his inexperience for their goal, but take nothing away from Silva’s ball in. Absolute stunner.

• 159 89Norcal // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:49 PM

sterling must have the body mass of a leaf

• 160 TheToonKing // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:49 PM

Playing decently. Too bad for Mitro’s misses….

We can score again against this city team

• 161 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:49 PM

Well a good first half. Both teams making chances, we had a couple of great ones, still want to see the Janmaat offside and Mitro should have scored, great pressure by Hart.

Sloppy at the back by us but seemed positive in possession though.

Could have been a great half but was still good.

• 162 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:50 PM

Another spirited performance we’ve made the better chances and edged overall play, gotta get our reward soon, surely.

• 163 lukes26 // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:50 PM

excellent first half.

best newcastle defending since pardew’s first season

• 164 AncientC // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:51 PM

According to whoscored, Anita has been our weakest player. I would agree with that. He is too anonymous to be playing in central midfield.

• 165 manxpie // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:51 PM

wat is nice is to see crosses into the box and someone actually capable of attacking them havent had that in years

• 166 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:51 PM

Sage

Yeah, not convinced Janmaat was offside, will really stick in throat if he wasn’t.

• 167 ilovetoon8788 // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:53 PM

Mbabu has made a few mistakes this half. Shows we should not hype him up too much. Struggling a little.

Gouffran has been very poor in the central midfield. I really hope the real Tiote gets time on the pitch today and hopefully add steel to the central midfield and shows his true class.

• 168 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:53 PM

Best away performance I have seen from us for a good couple of seasons got to keep it up City are terrible at the back we should have no fear as we can create chances no problem especially down their flanks

Gutted we didn’t get the 2nd goal because then we could have dug right in

Mbabu playing well again how has never been given a game for us before this ??

• 169 SUTTY1978 // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:54 PM

Very good first half, shame about the late goal. We created some very good chances on top of that as well. Unfortunately we are probably going to run out of steam again.
    Nice to see quick passing through the centre of the park, so much better without stop n spin Colback slowing things down.
    Well played, but lets make sure we get some points out of it.

• 170 WWSBRD // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:54 PM

We have no centre midfield at all unless Sissoko or Gini come inside that’s a worry but doing well over all

Return of the 442

• 171 JAMSHA // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:55 PM

IF U WANT TO WATCH IN HD WITHOUT BUFFERNG

• 172 beefman13 // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:55 PM

Thump, its a bit strong havin a pop at Mbabu really, look at our goal and their very experienced back line were shocking.

• 173 JAMSHA // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:55 PM

i hope we score an dnt conced again

• 174 John Tudor // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:56 PM

ref shit how was the foul on perez not a yellow double standards you tw@t

• 175 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:56 PM

I am disappointed with Gouffran but not shocked. I’ve said I didn’t mind him out wide but he’s not a central mdfielder. Also he hasn’t played in weeks, so was never going to go well as a CM

• 176 lukes26 // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:56 PM

Gouffran hasnt been too bad. passing poor, but is being smart with positioning. Looks like he’s gained a yard of pace as well, since I last saw him

i noticed Cathro giving McClaren a exacerbated look on one occasion when gouffran gave the ball away & steve gave a knowing look and went back to being stoic

this begs the question: Is Colback really a good defensive midfielder? You can’t defend if your positioning is constantly poor

• 177 JAMSHA // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:56 PM

mbemba looks like a 60mil CB

• 178 toonking // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:57 PM

suprise suprise first half performance was another excellent one and team we were against was another top one.

The advantage when playing against top team is the attack doesn’t need to work so hard, the space is there as opposition players aren’t all crowded in their own half. Next is Norwich and that is a team who’ll have lots of players in there own half therefore we’d need the attack to provide decent movement as space isn’t as easy.

mitrovic is certainly a starter, 4-4-2 is certainly a better formation question is; will this see our team do a better performance against norwich or will it be another sheff ATM i’d say we will perform better but won’t know until it comes

• 179 will die for the toon army // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:57 PM

we will get better. Thank God for Mitro

• 180 JAMSHA // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:58 PM

we need 1 more mbemba to partner him when colo goes

• 181 will die for the toon army // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:59 PM

We lack Aeiral precence at the back. We r so poor at. Crosses r our archilles heel.

• 182 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 3:59 PM

jamsha

I agree there.

Mbemba has been fantastic, the type of player we have needed for the past 3 years at least.

• 183 willowdalerez // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:02 PM

City looked offside on their goal to me but it was coming because we’ve been poor at the back… Hope we keep the gameface on and come back in the 2nd!

Will be watching the subs… Sissoko or Anita can come off and Thauvin in and Cisse or Tiote can be a late sub if Mitro or Perez get lagged.

HWTL

• 184 SUTTY1978 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:02 PM

Sissoko 90%+ pass accuracy, thats some change from his 57% last week!

• 185 JP...from The Rock // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:03 PM

Well done Newcastle. Great half and Mitro off the mark. Mbabu again having a great game. Unfortunately Mbabu’s inexperience cost us by not playing them offside quickly but it was a class cross by Silva so not blaming him.

We could get a shock result today..come on McClaren get the lads pumped up again for the second half and we could snatch a point and maybe even three! ?

• 186 cyprus // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:03 PM

TV slow motion that was a legitimate second, would’ve been 2-0
    Damn the luck. Stupid lines man…

• 187 Slank // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:03 PM

Whatever the final result may be the new formation of 4-4-2 is working. The players look more comfortable in their respective positions.

Having Mitrovic up front makes all the difference. He is a constant threat but also his work rate helping the team. His holdup play where he often wins free kicks provides a much needed outlet for the team.

• 188 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:03 PM

Colo just doesn’t inspire confidence, too indecisive and doesn’t communicate, which was the problem for the Mbabu incident. Mbemba on the other hand takes charge and is quick to take action

• 189 chicousa // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:04 PM

Exciting first half. The lads have come to play and the Mitro goal was well worked by Mbabu, Ginny and Mitrovic himself! Beautiful! The defense has been decent, but a few mistakes, but against City not terrible. Need more from Anita and Gouffron who are our weakest links…

• 190 the broons // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:05 PM

Mbemba has been outstanding! Just wanted to say.

• 191 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:05 PM

Cyprus

Still haven’t seen it here, if that’s true it’s deeply annoying.

• 192 lukes26 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:05 PM

Agreed on Mbemba

I think sissoko has been excellent too. he’s playing deeper than I can ever remember him playing for Newcastle.

much more similar to where he played for France initially

• 193 ilovetoon8788 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:07 PM

Silva playing like a magician. The best player by a mile on the pitch today.

• 194 AncientC // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:08 PM

Looks like Man City received the warm invite at half-time, asking them to play on the edge of our box. Glady accepted.

• 195 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:08 PM

Mbemba you nugget 😆

Oh well, fun while it lasted.

Let’s not praise our players, it only bites us on our arse minutes later.

ARGH!

• 196 beefman13 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:08 PM

Get them two cnunts fcukin hit for fek sake.

• 197 Thump // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:09 PM

• 198 AncientC // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:09 PM

Dear Manchester City, we are going to sit back while you while you pull us to pieces. Have a nice 2nd half. Regards, NUFC.

• 199 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:09 PM

Own worst enemies as usual. Getting boring now.

• 200 JP...from The Rock // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:09 PM

Oh come on !!!! WTF!!!

• 201 ilovetoon8788 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:09 PM

Colo and mbemba decided to go for a tea break?

• 202 toonking // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:09 PM

missed just 5 minutes of the second half and what do i see 2-1 then aguero scoring his hatrick

• 203 beefman13 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:09 PM

Who the fcuk can believe this,frigan mad.

• 204 TheToonKing // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:10 PM

Well… it was fun while it lasted…

I don’t think Krul is as good as we think he is.

He should have saved that second goal

• 205 toonking // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:10 PM

to make matters worse mbabu has now went off with hamstring yet another FB out

• 206 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:10 PM

Truly game over now. So disappointing.

Capitulation?

Slow starts to second halves and conceding the ascendency are becoming a theme.

Now Mbabu injured.

Murphy’s Law.

• 207 beefman13 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:11 PM

What is wrong with this club? Mbemba knackered now, you could scream.

• 208 JP...from The Rock // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:11 PM

And now Mbabu injured! Come on..it’s all gone horribly wrong in 2 minutes.

• 209 TheToonKing // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:11 PM

We can’t win sh1t with Anita and Gouffran in center midfield. This pairing is bad compared to Championship teams.

• 210 TheToonKing // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:12 PM

Joke

• 211 JP...from The Rock // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:12 PM

Now 4!! WTF IS GOING ON!!??????? Aaaarggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!

• 212 toonking // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:12 PM

WTF has happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 213 AncientC // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:12 PM

Mbabu for Lascelles, WTF.

Soon as Mbabu went off there was acres of space, then Man City go and score.

Genius.

• 214 beefman13 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:12 PM

Feel physically sick, numb.

• 215 JP...from The Rock // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:12 PM

What the hell was Colo doing for the last 2 goals!??? Some shite captain we have!

• 216 Thump // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:13 PM

Seriously, what the hell is going on with our defence? Where’s the closing down we saw in the first?

• 217 manxpie // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:13 PM

lacellas at LB!!! ohh ffs!! great finish tho

• 218 willowdalerez // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:13 PM

Two in succession… Poor defending is killing us do we have anyone who can mark Aguero

• 219 colwell // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:13 PM

WOW

• 220 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:13 PM

OH FFS!

Embarrassing.

1st half a distant memory.

Only this club can flip-flop from sublime to ridiculous within a 15 min break.

Pathetic and way too fragile still.

• 221 JAMSHA // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:13 PM

ther we go again

• 222 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:14 PM

Sissoko feigning now, threw in the towel.

• 223 ilovetoon8788 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:14 PM

This seriously worrying. The way we have just capitulated is definitely worrying sign of relegation.

• 224 AncientC // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:14 PM

The game was already over at 3-1. Another goal hardly makes a difference at this point.

I am just mystified by Mbabu being dragged off.

• 225 JP...from The Rock // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:14 PM

And now Sissoko injured!?

• 226 Nufc-83 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:14 PM

AncientC Mbabu was clearly injured what are you talking about you idiot!!

• 227 DanToon // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:15 PM

I want mcclaren gone! Failed in the championship so what makes people think he will succeed in the premier… Joke!

• 228 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:15 PM

Now Sissoko pretending he’s injured just to get off the park. Brilliant.

• 229 JP...from The Rock // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:15 PM

This has turned into a complete disaster in 5 minutes.

• 230 firebug666 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:15 PM

This is typical Newcastle, we just do not have 90 minutes of football in this team.

Again great first half, and poor second half.

Somebody need to tell these players the game is for 90 minutes.

bottom of the table and deservedly so.

• 231 catchy in norway // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:15 PM

ultimately it’s Shteve to blame for this, his choice to pick Goofy to play CMF has brought this on, he is lazy and does not track anyone.

the sooner he is off the better

• 232 Nufc-83 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:15 PM

Man city have too much quality and would rip any team to shreds when they play like this.

• 233 colwell // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:15 PM

Fcuk me we make it far too easy no doubt we are going down ffs we have Anita and Gouffran in CM weakest midfield in the Prem and thats our strongest position.

• 234 SUTTY1978 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:15 PM

Annnnnnnd collapse

• 235 cyprus // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:15 PM

Must have been some team talk at the break

• 236 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:15 PM

Yes city have turned it on a bit but my good god, what have we done.

Still a team that crumbles.

• 237 DanToon // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:16 PM

Sissoko faking that! Coward

• 238 AncientC // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:16 PM

Mbabu was having a great game, he is a bit raw as is to be expected, but it was his Captain that let him down. Colo should be marshaling Mbabu and helping him out – not this silent treatment and an attitude of ‘you are on your own.’

• 239 willowdalerez // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:16 PM

Where is the team that played the first half? Loads of space for City defending is woeful 🙁

• 240 JAMSHA // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:17 PM

OMG JAMAL HIS WORSE THAN WILLO

• 241 colwell // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:17 PM

Thank fcuk Kompany and Yaya are playing.

• 242 toonking // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:17 PM

Dantoon

just how the hell will any manager get this team to do well, a sh1t defence combined with very few goal scorers?

• 243 terencelim // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:17 PM

That’s the difference between an owner who has real ambition and an owner who has zero ambition and bad intention.

• 244 JAMSHA // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:17 PM

RAPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED US in 10 min

• 245 ilovetoon8788 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:18 PM

Mclaren said 10 games to judge him. He has alot of work to so now.

• 246 Thump // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:18 PM

Right, that’s me done then.

• 247 JAMSHA // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:18 PM

im smellng 10-1

• 248 stuart no9 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:18 PM

some second half team talk by SM that was ,, SM must go now. WTF did he say at half time ??

• 249 SUTTY1978 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:18 PM

Wait until Bony comes on, he loves playing against Colo

• 250 JP...from The Rock // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:18 PM

Fking hell everything Aguero does turns to gold! I feel sick now, 5-1!

• 251 Thump // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:19 PM

@DanToon: Exactly what I said. Shades of Guthrie.

• 252 mindshaft // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:19 PM

what happened to Mbemba at halftime – he’s having a nightmare

• 253 JAMSHA // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:19 PM

Its Thundring Hea … DejaVu

• 254 willowdalerez // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:19 PM

Wife is asking if she can watch the foodnetwork now we are down by 3… Happens too often!

• 255 firebug666 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:19 PM

So now we are back to embarrassing. These guys don’t just throw the towel in they sell it along with the pride and passion.

• 256 SUTTY1978 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:19 PM

10 games gone for McClaren, so judge away folks….

• 257 DanToon // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:19 PM

Hold on, they were the best think since sliced bread at half time! So what inspiring speech did he give hey!?

• 258 toonking // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:20 PM

something tells me our team turned right off and began to show the “i don’t care approach” the minute we concede the 3rd goal

• 259 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:20 PM

2 weeks, 2 classic signs of relegation.

Last week a lead surrendered of our own volition, due to lacking conviction in our abilities, handing the opposition the initiative. Throwing away a 2 goal lead – classic relegation sign.

Today, much the same except we’re being trounced due to playing a more ruthless and better team.

Unrecognisable from the first half.

We’re going down. 1/5 of the season gone and 3pts on the board.

Bewildering stuff.

• 260 colwell // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:20 PM

hahahahahahahaha we’re shite and we’re going down we’re shite and we’re going down

• 261 Rotonda heights // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:20 PM

Mitro can head a ball but his composure in one on ones with the keeper is absolutely horrible

Why is Gouffran on the pitch

• 262 JP...from The Rock // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:20 PM

This is going to be an extremely long international break for us! Last in the league and with the worst goals against record again!!

• 263 ilovetoon8788 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:20 PM

Mclaren has lots to do to save us from relegation.

• 264 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:20 PM

I’m n McClaren fan but this isn’t his fault. We have just been full of individual errors in the second half.

• 265 toonking // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:21 PM

see what I mean
    6-1

• 266 JAMSHA // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:21 PM

FAT MAN NEEDS TO SPEN 50mil On EACH Pos NOW OR HE WILL GET A KICK ON HIS NUTS

• 267 Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:21 PM

This is exactly why we will go down. Absolutely no spine or leadership.

• 268 chicousa // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:21 PM

Boom!!! Oh my…

• 269 JP...from The Rock // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:21 PM

Eveytime i look up it’s another goal for Aguero! Someone had better call Guinness!! Some record this is going to be.

• 270 lukes26 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:21 PM

geez. now, THIS is the gouffran on remember

• 271 ilovetoon8788 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:21 PM

What is colo doing? He is embarrassing the shirt really.

• 272 89Norcal // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:21 PM

ahem

• 273 toonking // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:21 PM

table at end of season

villa
    newcastle
    scums

• 274 AncientC // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:21 PM

I am off, had enough to watching this gutless excuse for a captain Colo running around glumly with nothing to say to his team. Pathetic.

1-1

2-1

3-1

4-1

5-1

Got anything to say to your team yet Colo? Nope.

6-1 Colo upturns his palms. Getting warmed up now.

• 275 jimiley // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:21 PM

We need to keep faith in the team and the manager. Form is temporary but class is permanent.

• 276 mindshaft // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:21 PM

that lascalles is terrible – I know he’s out of position but jeez, I could do better myself

• 277 Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:22 PM

And they deserve to go down, for not buying what we needed.

• 278 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:22 PM

This is going to be a record breaker. I’m sure of it.

Double figures.

Painful, like watching your pet dog being clubbed to death and you can’t do a thing about it.

Hopeless and sad.

• 279 firebug666 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:22 PM

Have we actually got 11 men on the field?

• 280 NezzaNUFC // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:22 PM

McClaren needs the sack now rather than later!

Consistent my ass!

Bring in Frank De Boer, a proper manager not a useless prat like McClaren.

• 281 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:22 PM

Oh my god !!

Mackems winning and we are about to suffer a demoralising defeat before the derby bloody typical !!

First half we were excellent 2nd half worst we have played !!

• 282 Nufc-83 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:23 PM

Rotonda what is that based on 1 chance Lol????

• 283 JAMSHA // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:23 PM

Players We Should Bring In

Ronaldo
    Messi
    Hummels
    PEA
    Alba
    Bale
    Towsend
    Lennon
    Vardy
    erikson
    Dier

• 284 beefman13 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:23 PM

Anita n Gouffran nothing in the middle,Colo no idea, jelly, we have came away like old biscuits .

• 285 lochinvar // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:23 PM

McLaren is finished – and he should never have started
    Are we unmanageable
    Klopp ?
    Viera ?
    Doubt the players want Mclaren around – get Viera now before it really is too late

• 286 John Tudor // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:23 PM

they need shot of the dross

• 287 The Newcastle Armchair // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:23 PM

City scoring a goal every four minutes since HT…

• 288 cyprus // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:23 PM

Could easily go to a PL record. Is this the same team from the first half?

Ok judge you after 10. I will after the 10th goal. Embarrassing.

• 289 RUNAWAY777 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:23 PM

from midfield to full backs and centre backs need to be gone now and manger and his staff this is worst then john boys results

• 290 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:23 PM

COLO OUT!

• 291 terencelim // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:24 PM

6-1

Where are all the Ashley ass licking fans hiding now?

• 292 The Newcastle Armchair // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:24 PM

Jamsha, any particular reason that list goes from world class to pub dross?

• 293 Bri // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:24 PM

These are very worrying times.
    The way this team has capitulated makes me wonder if relegation is a probability.

• 294 Toon Tang // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:24 PM

Still half hour to play as well, what an absolute unadulterated farce this second half has been.

Comedy defending. Comedy captain. Comedy faced manager

• 295 willowdalerez // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:24 PM

6-1 I’m out wife has demanded the telly Catch up later ;-(

• 296 lukes26 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:25 PM

Pelligrini changed to I think like a 3-4-3. kudos to him. our midfield is shit

• 297 optimistic prime // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:25 PM

We’ve got the breaking strain of a wet kit kat, anyone still think we had a good window?

Nothing will change whilst Ashley is in control,we’re just as rudderless and leaderless as we’ve always been under his ownership. Buying players to pay for the team instead of buying them to play for the team will never work!

Ashley out.

• 298 Take a Chancel on me // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:25 PM

How the fcuk can we go from playing really well and drawing 1-1 to losing 6-1 wtf?

• 299 Rotonda heights // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:25 PM

Bottom of the league, out of the league cup to SW reserves.

So far SM has sold Kemen and Abeid, made Colo captain, won’t play Aarons, wouldn’t take Janmatt off at Swansea, plays Gouffran.

SM just go now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Carr and Charnley shouldn’t be far behind.

• 300 ilovetoon8788 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:27 PM

This is the kind of defeat that may spiral our season out of control into complete disaster. It sucks the mood of the squad and it takes very long to get it back.

We were already in trouble before this and it’s getting worse. Forget about 10 games mclaren. You only need to think how you are going to get 40 points.

• 301 davis_toons // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:27 PM

The ONLY Defender that did not try to turn their Back was Staylor.

• 302 terencelim // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:27 PM

ManCity fans are dancing because they have a good owner with the right intention 🙂

• 303 Toon Tang // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:27 PM

Only positive to take from this game is the fact West Ham are in the ascendancy down the road like..

• 304 lochinvar // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:27 PM

I am now mostly hiding behind the sofa
    Reduced to a juddering wreck
    What have we done to deserve this ?
    Colo does need to be given a sick note to go back to South America – he’s killing us

• 305 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:27 PM

Gouffran
    Tiote
    Sissoko
    Colo
    Cisse

Poison in our squad, all shown bad attitudes and should’ve departed in the summer. Can’t move on with those lingering around like a bad smell.

There’s some genuine players here who want to be here and they’re been weighed down by the baggage of the past.

• 306 Rotonda heights // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:28 PM

Bri

we are getting scarily adrift. We deserve this though for not having the guts to appoint a Viera or similar instead of a yes man who did a couple of good things years ago

• 307 The Newcastle Armchair // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:28 PM

Arma on the scoresheet again

• 308 jimiley // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:28 PM

We have far too much skill to go down. We need to get behind the manager and the team and stop panicking. Steve will sort it out. He is a winner.

• 309 NezzaNUFC // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:29 PM

I’ve said it many times McClaren was never the man for Newcastle, he was purely picked to keep Carr happy and nothing else.

McClaren is the salt in our wounds!

• 310 toonking // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:29 PM

nezza

Stop giving ashley time to change it round

return the the real world man, this is a fcuken club which hasn’t got anything a quality manager like him will want, there is a liverpool manager at risk, a chelsea manager who might leave if he doesn’t improve and an arsenal manager than has got increasing pressure from fans now so why the hell does quality managers want to come to the clown owner club?

• 311 JP...from The Rock // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:29 PM

Coloccini is the worst captain i have ever seen! As quiet as a mouse and doesn’t lead by example! Pathetic! Get rid in January. I don’t ever want to see him again.

• 312 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:29 PM

Yup. Steve McClaren is the problem…

F**king wake up people. After 9 years are you still going to bleat the same tune?

• 313 Rotonda heights // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:30 PM

terence

and to think the mansours wanted us first but ash was too greedy

• 314 John Tudor // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:30 PM

laughing stock
    be gone demon

• 315 JAMSHA // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:30 PM

The Newcastle Armchair

he isnt good enough..

• 316 Bambams // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:31 PM

I am at work and have not had a chance to look at any scores…
    Noticed the little ‘football image’ on my mobile……..
    Christ 6-1 !!!!!!

What gas gone wrong, we even took the lead !!!

Shocking. Professionals my backside !

• 317 JAMSHA // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:31 PM

NEXT WEEK FAT MAN OUT BANNER PLZZZZ OR FKN JUST BOYCOTT U FKN IDIOTs

• 318 JP...from The Rock // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:31 PM

Tbf Mitro doesn’t stop running.

• 319 The Newcastle Armchair // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:32 PM

Jamsha

Arma isn’t good enough for what?

He’s 18 years of age and scoring in league 1.

• 320 will die for the toon army // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:32 PM

We really lack some one to rely on for leadership.

• 321 archaeomag // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:32 PM

At least we be first on MOTD…..

• 322 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:32 PM

Ruddy

Even if it was the manager….people blamed, McClaren, Pardew, Kinnear, etc…who hires these people. Ashley.

It comes down to the club being used to bring in cheap imports on the chance they make it big, not long term planning for the club or ambition to improve.

As you say, Ashley needs to go for us to see improvement.

• 323 Online Guy // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:33 PM

DO NOT BLAME NEWCASTLE UNITED FOR THIS MASSIVE DEFEAT

THERE IS A TERRIBLE IMBALANCE IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE BECAUSE OF MONEY

IF IT WAS HORSE RACING THE HANDICAP OF WEIGHTS WOULD BE APPLIED

SOMETHING NEEDS DONE ABOUT THIS

CLUBS SHOULD NOT HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS.

ITS UNFAIR AND IS CAUSED BY FILTHY RICH CLUBS DOMINATING AND EMBARRASSING ONCE GREAT CLUBS

THIS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN BECAUSE OF MONEY.

SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE

DO NOT BLAME THIS CLUB ON THIS OCCASION.

IT IS NOT A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD.

• 324 Rotonda heights // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:33 PM

mitro had 2 glorious chances and fluffed both and prevously when it’s at his feet and he has to think about it he lacks composure. If it’s a header or volley no worries

• 325 JP...from The Rock // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:34 PM

I don’t blame McClaren i blame our shite Captain!

• 326 JAMSHA // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:34 PM

The Newcastle Armchair

scoreng in league 1 is diffrnt from scoreng in epl…lol he wont do good in epl trust me

• 327 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:34 PM

Sage

Ashley is the man who has put us in this situation, but it’s the Newcastle United fans who have allowed it to happen for the guts of a decade. I’m not going to complain and beat the drum time and time again.

We’ve all made our bed, so we’ve all got to lie in it. We are all to blame for this.

• 328 JAMSHA // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:35 PM

BLAME THE FKN OWNER

• 329 Rotonda heights // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:35 PM

Online

Too right it’s not fair, how can we compete with Sheffield weds reserves at home

• 330 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:35 PM

Seriously, can’t move on and cultivate a fresh new team ethic with those I listed still around. None of them truly want to be here!, The rest will pick up on that whether consciously or not! It goes to the very essence of the squad, they aren’t together because of the poisonous characters in the squad still stinking up the atmosphere like a bad hangover.

How can our new players look up to a philandering,cowardly mute that has explicitly said he wanted away on more than one occasion.

There’s no trust or togetherness. On the odd occasion we can muster something that appears to be camaraderie, but it’s never lasting due to the fundamental flaws.

• 331 toonbrother // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:35 PM

lol
    what can i say
    regards
    SGITR

• 332 ilovetoon8788 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:35 PM

U actually gave mclaren a chance. And supported him. But right now it’s very hard. We have been extremely poor and tactics look all wrong. And he can’t even motivate his players.

I don’t think he commands the respect of the players. This scoreline is just so dangerous for a side already battling relegation.

• 333 JAMSHA // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:36 PM

the funny thing was wen we bought in players some fans wer so overconfidnce that they predictd we would finsh top 10 lol

• 334 mickalfas // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:37 PM

Carr has to take some responsibility got this shambles
    Ashley OUT !!

• 335 Rotonda heights // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:37 PM

JP

SM made colo captain when for me he would have been out the door

• 336 toonbrother // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:38 PM

EVery thing i predicted has become a reality
    Worst defence in the league
    relegation bound
    0 wins in 8
    bottom of the EPL
    cheers
    SGITR

• 337 davis_toons // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:38 PM

ToonBrother…as much as Colo wasn’t the Best. I think you should have seen that Jamaal Lascelles was not even ready to play

• 338 Jib // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:38 PM

Take the 5 Aguero goals out of the equation and it’s a fairly even match 😎

• 339 The Newcastle Armchair // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:38 PM

Jamsha how can you even say that?

That’s just pure ignorance, and I believe because we’re losing 6-1 you’re starting to make rash comments out of recklessness.

Kane didn’t become PL quality till he was 21, Arma is doing perfect for his age and needs game time.

• 340 Rotonda heights // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:39 PM

sage

trouble is they weren’t so cheap this time

• 341 toonking // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:39 PM

Knowing a great manager was never going to come here in the first place we should have bloody stuck with carver and guarenteed relegation then it does as it did last time round getting rid of these arrogent players and also getscashley more desperate to sell.

Q.4 years of championship or another 10 years of this Pl relegation battling we are doing?

I’d cerainly rather see the 4 years of championship, we don’t see quality player, CL or decent cup runs anyway, a number of these young future prospects might still stay whilst in the championship and best of all we’ll see that attacking football we want

• 342 RUNAWAY777 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:39 PM

JAMSHA no game for two weeks now bud

• 343 Rotonda heights // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:40 PM

toonbrother

i don’t think you were alone thinking that when sm got the gig instead of a tuchel / viera etc

• 344 geordie157 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:40 PM

Keeping colo was a bad decision. I’d stick with McLaren get shot of tiote, gouffran, obertan, williamson, elliot, cisse. Bring in proven premier league players and leaders! That would make a massive difference.

• 345 andrew84 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:41 PM

Wonder how long it’ll be before Colo/Charnley send another ‘heartfelt’ e-mail begging us to get behind the team again.

Is winning a game the responsibility of the fans or the players earning more in a week than most of us do in a year?

• 346 will die for the toon army // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:42 PM

I cant believe u guys can be cry babies that is Man city we r playing. That is a very good side that has multi million players.

We were not poor. City was jst so good. We lack leadership. We have so many rotten tomatoes that I believe but all we need is a leader on Pitch.

• 347 Slank // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:42 PM

Online Guy @ 323

Did you complain when we were the biggest spenders in the league ?

• 348 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:43 PM

rotonda

I wasn’t impressed by the price tags….money means nothing in terms of quality.

So many other factors come into play, how desperate is the selling/buying club, is it a premier league club as it inflates prices, contract length left, etc.

• 349 cyprus // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:43 PM

Ashley must go. Only spent 50 million and ranks 8th in salary base! Wait a minute. That doesn’t sound right.

He must’ve been involved somehow in that half time talk. From a great team to sxxxe in 15′.

I’m out of here.

• 350 JAMSHA // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:43 PM

The Newcastle Armchair

WASNT CAMPBEL SUPPOSE TO BE THE NXT OWEN ??/ LOOK WHER HIS NOW, SAME GOES FOR ARMA

• 351 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:43 PM

Keeping Colo was a catastrophic decision. Such poor insight to keep him, the insidious damage is coming to bear. He’s not the only one that’s toxic, but definitely the most potent. Need rid of all of them.

• 352 toonking // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:44 PM

Sage

ruddy is really making a very valid point. we had seen a number of crap transfer windows, players getting sold without replacments and a full season without arrivals yet the fans first website is a pardewout one rather than ashley out, If they really wanted to ensure pardew gets part of it they could have made it pardew+cashley out but no they decide to give ashley more time whilst pardew gets the worse of abuse and now we’ve been proven to have acted as palace are currrently sitting 3rd.

• 353 JAMSHA // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:44 PM

RUNAWAY777

TNX GOD , some peace…il be prepared in time for another shocker against norwich

• 354 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:45 PM

Cyprus

What an absolute clown you are.

• 355 lochinvar // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:45 PM

Viera now – there is no choice

• 356 JAMSHA // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:45 PM

this club is cursed,, we need pope, need to get Fat man(Satin) out

• 357 lukes26 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:45 PM

lets be honest. mcclaren doesnt have the players to fix this

Todays results not necessarily his fault. Newcastle were the better team for 30 minutes. manchester changed tactics.

You could blame him for not recognizing this, but goal flood was like 15 minutes, there wasnt much time for a tactical change ..who would have guessed THAT would have happened

• 358 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:46 PM

Steve Black is a supposed psychological guru. Surely he can see there are personnel within that have too much baggage and are harming the rest. Need a clean break.

• 359 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:46 PM

will die?

We were not poor? We have been embarassing.

No shame in losing to a side this good but conceding 5 goals in 15 minutes is unforgivable. Especially when so much of it was through our own careless play.

• 360 Keith in France // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:47 PM

Jib – best comment on this blog ever!

• 361 RUNAWAY777 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:47 PM

really really glad iam not a mug like them that ran out for there season tickets enjoy you sad muppets all for 50 million of shit pmsl

• 362 loonie-toon // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:47 PM

Wata shit 2nd half after international break the hard start over bring on the wins

• 363 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:47 PM

toonking

I agree. I’ve backed all anti-ashley protests but not been to them myself, not put my money in.

All I’ve done is stop going and cancelled my sky tv, watc free streams now. Not really doing a great deal.

As a nation we have lost our passion for protesting and it’s a shame, I’m as guilty as many.

• 364 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:47 PM

Very much like relegation season, where too many bad eggs were allowed to hang around and go through the motions. Only this time we had plenty of warning in the season previous and we’re gonna have to endure the consequences for much longer.

• 365 The Newcastle Armchair // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:48 PM

JAMSHA

Wasn’t David Bentley meant to be the next Beckham?

Who expected Rooney to match Bobby Charlton’s record?

Point is, they are both completely different players.. so put your capitals away and stop being so negative.. go support Sunderland or something like that.. sod

• 366 ilovetoon8788 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:48 PM

@346

Erm we have been shi* the whole season so far and we are in serious trouble. We should not be losing by this type of scoreline when we are fighting relegation. It’s dangerous.

Time for you to face reality and true meaning of what we are complaining about. And not because we just lost to city.

• 367 will die for the toon army // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:49 PM

Mcca will get us playing that I beleieve.

• 368 cyprus // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:49 PM

Keyring
    You carry too many complexes. What is it?

• 369 RUNAWAY777 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:49 PM

Transfer Sage its is embarassing how a team can play well first half and shit second tell me ?

• 370 JP...from The Rock // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:49 PM

Positves; First half we did well. Wijnaldum got an assist. Mitro scored, we played two up front, Mitro kept his cool all game and kept running all game. I think that sums up all the positives I can think of.

• 371 Jail for Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:50 PM

Hail wor Ashley,
    Your username makes a mockery of your views ?

• 372 JP...from The Rock // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:51 PM

Wow we have a corner! Exciting lol

• 373 stuart no9 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:51 PM

ONLINE, We are shyte man .

• 374 Vask // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:51 PM

Whoa we should be shielding the ball in the corner, not putting careless crosses into the box.

• 375 beefman13 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:51 PM

Dont mention your famous team spirit Mr Mac, soggy biscuits, made fools off us all again.

• 376 JP...from The Rock // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:52 PM

… And as usual it doesn’t beat the first man! Pathetic. I can do better with my left foot and I am right footed.

• 377 Slank // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:52 PM

Will die @ 346

Man City are not a good side, they are a great side.

The fact that they can spend as much on one player as we can on a whole transfer window demonstrates the imbalance in the Premiership.

However it wasn’t too long ago that we outspent the majority of teams. The problem we had is that we never built upon that money. It never translated in trophies unlike Chelsea and Man City.

• 378 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:53 PM

Jonas should have been retained and made captain, symoblism is powerful and he would’ve been perfect head a new beginning. Those I mentioned should have been ousted quick time.

That’s the real problem. Recruitment all wrong despite the good intentions. We’ve allowed the toxic waste to build up in the squad so much, there isn’t even a brief reprieve brought about with new signings like in the past.

• 379 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:53 PM

runaway

of course it is emabrassing how we just crumble. As soon as the goal went it we were beat, we never had that same fight or determination.

• 380 lochinvar // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:54 PM

Ha ha City ten points ahead of Chelski

• 381 JAMSHA // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:54 PM

The Newcastle Armchair

atleast scums are better dan out few dum fans…who always love kissng fat mans @ss

• 382 nufc 11 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:54 PM

One of the city players must have rattled Colo in the tunnel he never came out second half he is the catalyst for symbolic defending and why bother aditute.

• 383 Ruddy Marveaux-lous // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:55 PM

Cyprus

I think you’ll find you’re in a lonely position in your defence of Ashley so make the puns you want, but you haven’t the first clue about what you’re talking about.

I won’t waste my time engaging you in a discussion because it would be like trying to have a discussion with Rain Man.

• 384 toonking // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:55 PM

will die

whilst those like rotanta might be crying and blaming this loss on the manager a large number of us are actually making the same sort of statement as yourself, cashley and his bad transfer policy, no leadership and poor attitude, we only sound more angered than yourself because we’ve been like this for years now and some like myself and ruddy are also fed up with the amount of times fans still blame the puppets.

• 385 JAMSHA // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:55 PM

The Newcastle Armchair

an talkn of being Negative, Being Positive wont get u in top 10, we have been stayn positive since ages an same old crap

• 386 beefman13 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:57 PM

Culey locks will retain his place, toonbrother is on the money, what a sad bunch we are, where the hell did this come from, not ever watchin NUFC have we been made fools of like this.

• 387 John Tudor // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:57 PM

you could get a better team out of the unsigned than what we put out and organised better by the tea lady

• 388 JP...from The Rock // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:57 PM

Coloccini hang your head in shame and fcuff off back to where the hell u cam from! You are no captain and a disgrace to the shirt!

• 389 Jib // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:58 PM

I don’t know if anyone is watching on Setanta but Chris Sutton is slaughtering Coloccini for the collapse of “pitiful” Newcastle

• 390 catchy in norway // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:58 PM

utter garbage

one change, GOOFY, what a different result,

players that got P45 in trouble will get SHTEVE in trouble too.

the club let both Jonas and mhedi go in the summer and kept both goofy and oberan, what a bunch of losers,

shitee day

• 391 RUNAWAY777 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:58 PM

if man city are that great how is it they got beat off tottenham and west ham

• 392 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:59 PM

Slank

That’s a capitalist economy for you. It’s how all business works, the biggest/richest people and business just simply out spend their competition.

It’s a sad truth.

What we need to do is make sure we are buying players who improve the team, not players with the potential to improve the bank balance a few years down the line.

There really should be salary caps and limits on transfer spending, but the premier league don’t want that, they want the best players coming to this league even if it ruins the competition as a whole.

It’s only a matter of time, sky tv and bt sport will collapse soon, so much competition for sporting events that peole will turn away from spending 100 quid a month on it all and go for the improving quality of free streams or android boxes.

• 393 stuart no9 // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:59 PM

what do fans expect ? SM gets sacked everywhere he goes. why the f”’k did anyone think he was going to do a job here ?? IT WONT HAPPEN

• 394 will die for the toon army // Oct 3, 2015 at 4:59 PM

We have ever been great spender s so u know u have the greatest players u r untouchable. Thats wats happening here. I cant believe u guys can be so cry babies.

We were so amazing we shld not lose hope. Missed a few chances but it’s something to build on. Mcca is a slow starter he will get us playing.

• 395 toonbrother // Oct 3, 2015 at 5:00 PM

@337 davis_toons
    jamaal lascelles?
    there you go again deflecting attention from the main culprit
    Was LAscelles on the pitch for the first 4 goals??
    Has Lascelles been at fault for the 17 goal we have conceded this season?
    “Fans” like you who choose to ignore the obvious because you aren’t man enough to accept you were embarrassingly WRONG about colo, are precisely the reason why this club is destined for failure

• 396 Transfer Sage // Oct 3, 2015 at 5:00 PM

runaway

exactly. Man city are better than us, no question. But we showed in the first half what we can do if we stay committed and play well. We dropped in the second half, it was full of individual player mistakes

• 397 toonking // Oct 3, 2015 at 5:01 PM

catchy

just admit once and for all you were wrong PALACE 3rd

• 398 JAMSHA // Oct 3, 2015 at 5:01 PM

Untill Ashley Leaves The Club, Im Gona Boycott Every Live Telecast On Tv An Streams

• 399 stuart no9 // Oct 3, 2015 at 5:02 PM

RUNAWAY – city are not great , we just make them look like world beaters , just like we made chelsea look good last week

• 400 Slank // Oct 3, 2015 at 5:02 PM

I suppose in Cricketing terms it was a classic mid order collapse.

I’m perplexed. The first half was full of promise with one of our best displays this season. The team in the second half was a shadow of the team that ended the first half. And I have no idea how that happened other than Man City woke up and I’m sad to say played some great football and scored some great goals.

• 401 catchy in norway // Oct 3, 2015 at 5:03 PM

the transfer policy is not to blame, thats just poor journalism and people who can not think for themselves. our 3 best players today were gini mitro chancle, who was it there fault,
    2 seasons ago, sissoko was our class player
    its more to do with the coaching in my book.

• 402 stuart no9 // Oct 3, 2015 at 5:04 PM

will die for ——- something we can build on ? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

• 403 benjohnsen // Oct 3, 2015 at 5:06 PM

Newcastle will struggle to avoid relegation this season. If somebody wonder why we are in the situation, just compare todays squad against the squad we had 10 years ago. We have no leaders, no fight, no flair.

I would love to have Kevin Nolan and Joey Barton back at least they showed some fight in the middle.

We have let in 17 goals this season and scored a meager 6 goals in 8 matches. That is relegation. I can’t do this anymore. This is a losing team no matter how loyal supporters are.

• 404 chicousa // Oct 3, 2015 at 5:08 PM

On the positive side of things? – another game for Mitrovic without being carded!

On the negative??? Too many things to list!

Bottom line: a loss to one of the best sides in the league…

• 405 Malta Mag // Oct 3, 2015 at 5:21 PM

Alarming!!!!!! We were so good in the 1st half and should have been 2 or 3 up and then that? Sorry to join the anti Colo crowd but I’ve been saying for 3 seasons now that Colo simply can’t man mark and if you watch how Bony lost him at the end and should have made it 7 then you know what I mean. I can’t understand why we didn’t buy Johnny Evans or Lescott I really can’t understand. As soon as Taylor is back I’d put him alongside Mbemba and leave Colo on the sidelines. To take some positives then I would look at the 1st half and at the Chelsea game and believe things can get better as I’m one of those that thinks McLaren will get it right but it will take time.

previous post: Newcastle In Race With Arsenal For Besiktas Winger