The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Upbeat Comments Made By Newcastle Star

3:08 pm, Wednesday, October 7th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 115 Comments

Georginio Wijnaldum is away on International duty with the Dutch squad and the Netherlands have two very important internationals coming up as they find themselves in 4th place in Group A two points behind Turkey.

In the last International break they lost both of their games – to Iceland 1-0 in Amsterdam and  3-0 in Turkey – so they must somehow get to 3rd place in the group to be in the playoffs and then be able to qualify for the finals next summer in France.

wijnaldum scores against chelsea

Gini Wijnaldum – scoring against Chelsea – yes!!

The two games coming up for the Netherlands are at Kazakhstan on Saturday and then at home to the Czech Republic next Tuesday.

Turkey play at the Czech Republic on Saturday and then at home to Iceland on Tuesday – those are two tough games for Turkey – against the two sides leading the group with both Iceland and the Czech Republic being tied on 19 points from eight games.

Both of those countries have already qualified for the finals.

We hope the Netherlands can get through to the finals for the good of our Dutch players – Gini, Tim Krul, Vurnon Anita, Daryl Janmaat and Siem de Jong.

Here’s what Gini has said today about the status of Newcastle to RTV Rijnmond:

“I think that the games we play have been pretty good, only we do not get the points.” “It is important, because now we are last, which is not so good.”

“Everybody can beat each other in the Premier League. Anything is to be expected in that league, which you see on the results.

“You play against world-class players, but also the lesser teams are good – it is a strong competition.”

That’s a surprising and rather upbeat assessment of the way Newcastle have played.

The problem seems to be that we only turned up for the top clubs so far this season  – Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City and we played very well in all those games – well except the second half at City last Saturday.

Two of our three points came from the game at Manchester United and at home to Chelsea.

If we had played as well and turned up in the other games – especially those at West Ham and at home to newly promoted Watford – we would have had more points.

It didn’t help in the games at Swansea and against Arsenal at home that we were down to 10 men before half time.

We need to improve quickly otherwise we are going to get into real trouble where relegation in May could become a real possibility.

That would be a complete disaster.

🙁

Tags: Georginio Wijnaldum · International break · Newcastle News

115 responses so far ↓

• 1 John Tudor // Oct 7, 2015 at 3:10 PM

and low and behold he returns injured

• 2 JackButler // Oct 7, 2015 at 3:18 PM

At the end of last season Ashley told the watching world that he was shocked at where we had ended up, but yet he allowed the same men to remain in charge of how we were/are being run, so what words of wisdom will he have come next May when we could very well already be relegated before the last game?

• 3 midweek weekend // Oct 7, 2015 at 3:24 PM

@2

He also said he was bolting the horse well we’re bottom of the league Mike.

I think this international break has come at a good time as long as our better players don’t get injured, the Norwich game is simply massive Sunderland will get a new manager for the Derby and I really can’t see us wining that if we don’t beat Norwich imo

• 4 bettyswallocks // Oct 7, 2015 at 3:28 PM

John Tudor should be appointed leader of the NUFC Euthanasia Society.

• 5 firebug666 // Oct 7, 2015 at 3:29 PM

midweek

I don’t think we could afford the horse mate, it looks like Charnley is pulling the cart by himself…..Always the cheap option.

• 6 John Tudor // Oct 7, 2015 at 3:33 PM

betty thats a pretty inane comment to make

• 7 JackButler // Oct 7, 2015 at 3:35 PM

It’s all lip service from Ashley, he was public enemy number one and had to say what people wanted to hear, if he had meant a word of it Charnely and Carr would have been sacked and replaced by two people who actually knew what the hell they were doing, instead we have a token spend to try and safeguard a bigger payment that comes with survival

• 8 John Tudor // Oct 7, 2015 at 3:40 PM

how to win friends and influence people
    try reading summit like this

• 9 bettyswallocks // Oct 7, 2015 at 3:41 PM

JohnTudor……. Ok the blog Private Fraser then.

• 10 John Tudor // Oct 7, 2015 at 3:43 PM

thats more like it pikey

• 11 hibbit // Oct 7, 2015 at 3:44 PM

jack its now a big IF………..the next 2 game will decide a lot …..will Mc walk… will he be pushed…. or will we just plod on regardless

• 12 JackButler // Oct 7, 2015 at 3:47 PM

Hibbit

As always it will come down to money, how much he stand to make opposed to how much he stand to gain.

I think SM is very different to Pardew, as SM will walk if things get too much for him, but I worry who he would be replaced with

• 13 JackButler // Oct 7, 2015 at 3:48 PM

Gain – lose

• 14 toon kk // Oct 7, 2015 at 3:51 PM

TBF Mash is giving many fans what they asked for, what did those banners say?
    We don’t want a team that wins (well we’ve got that).
    We want a club that tries, (well MA did spend 50mil and appointed a new manager).

Before the season kicked off many were predicting top eight, so many were happy.

What most over looked for whatever reason was most of the players are still playing for us that have been poor for a long time.
    Poor players out of there league, simple answer

• 15 John Tudor // Oct 7, 2015 at 3:54 PM

i predicted 17 – where ever looks like i got that wrong
    utter shambles

• 16 JackButler // Oct 7, 2015 at 3:54 PM

Toon kk

I had us down for 12th, even that looks mission impossible right now

• 17 BandB // Oct 7, 2015 at 3:55 PM

Ed

I was amused by Ashley’s “what the hell is going on?” statement on May 24th also.
    “Relegation fight….why wasn’t I informed?”
    He’d joined “the board” himself just a few months earlier…to take a hands-on approach, he said.
    The “board” was four people, and he was one of them.
    Fodder for simpletons.

• 18 hibbit // Oct 7, 2015 at 4:03 PM

jack……another yes man without doubt….its a massive gamble the rewards of staying up are huge going down this season should be unthinkable…… money will have to be spent on the right players to stay up…. i would rather get rid of carr and charnley now and get a david dein type chairman in and let Mc buy the players he wants i see that as our only hope

• 19 JackButler // Oct 7, 2015 at 4:09 PM

Hibbit

The system is broken so chances are if SM is sacked the replacement would be another drone willing to subsist to the charms of Carr and Charnley.

NUFC is seen as a dirty word under the leadership of Ashley and that seriously limits the type of managers we can attract, but I have no doubt they will persist with their broken system and approach to running a football club, if only we were a cheap, tatty retail business we may stand a chance

• 20 bettyswallocks // Oct 7, 2015 at 4:17 PM

John Tudor……… Maybe Steve Black could help you. He seems to be able to instill 45 mins. of positive motivation. Hate to see you suffering so.

• 21 toon kk // Oct 7, 2015 at 4:23 PM

Its such a shame, the so called board can’t see past the buy to sell regime, there’s nothing wrong with bringing in a percentage of those players in.
    But buying 57 varieties from mainly France with the hope of them turning into super stars worth millions is clueless suicide.

• 22 GeordieinOhio // Oct 7, 2015 at 4:24 PM

Hello Lad’s…its sunny here in Ohio,…….well thats the positive stuff out the way…

Jack, Ashley is treating NUFC as a “tatty retail business”
    I mean he is purchasing low quality product and selling it at a massive profit…but your right the system or policies he has in place at the toon are broken and if the business is to thrive they have to change….but I doubt they will.

• 23 hibbit // Oct 7, 2015 at 4:25 PM

betty ….we all handle pain in different ways you should be a bit more considerate one day it might be you

• 24 bettyswallocks // Oct 7, 2015 at 4:27 PM

Hibbit…….. My way to handle it is a bit of gentle Micky taking. I think he realises that’s all it is.

• 25 Tsunki // Oct 7, 2015 at 4:28 PM

I think Dereks old SD mug is still in the tea cupboard, may need a rinse out but it’ll be nice to have someone on the board whose name begins with a big L and a little l again.

• 26 Tsunki // Oct 7, 2015 at 4:29 PM

I wonder if Colo pronounces his name “Yambias”?

• 27 Tsunki // Oct 7, 2015 at 4:32 PM

Gini looks like he’s been thrown up in the air by the Sack Pardew Crowd. Mob. Crew. Rabble. Shower. Lot.

• 28 GeordieTwo // Oct 7, 2015 at 4:45 PM

With the same plan going forward from Ashley what can change? No decent defense. An inexperienced attack. Money wasted on midfielders. Sounds like more of the same to me. Ashley would have to truly hand over control to a decent football man for us to improve. It isn’t going to happen mates.

• 29 Rotonda heights // Oct 7, 2015 at 4:54 PM

ohio

trouble is they’re not cheap failures any more as carr’s obsession with thauvin is thus far proving.

• 30 Sazzer // Oct 7, 2015 at 5:00 PM

• 31 JackButler // Oct 7, 2015 at 5:00 PM

GeordieinOhio

That’s where his brief is showing the biggest signs of failure as he can’t sell our players for massive profit as the reality is he’d struggle to give most of them away they are so poor. Apart from the players who cost us nothing or small fees he’d most certainly lose money on the vast majority of the squad

• 32 Jib // Oct 7, 2015 at 5:03 PM

I feel like the subject of Kipling’s poem.

I’m keeping my head when all around are losing theirs .

I’m being hated, but I don’t give way to hating.

The truths I’ve spoken are twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools.

I love being right.

• 33 JackButler // Oct 7, 2015 at 5:04 PM

Rotonda heights

Carr apparently scouted Thauvin for more than two years, two years where he’s been woeful to say the least and yet the we paid full asking price for the lad when no one else was interested in touching him………..and we did that at the expense of a proven, commanding centre half.

Madness at its finest

• 34 BandB // Oct 7, 2015 at 5:05 PM

Jib

How’s your close-season prediction that the new coaching team would put an end to our injury and disciplinary woes going?
    Are you factoring injuries into your excuse making yet?

• 35 Jib // Oct 7, 2015 at 5:08 PM

Geordie 2
    It’s a work in progress.
    We are just at the base camp suffering from diaroea , then we will start our assault on the summit there will be the odd rock slide and blizzard maybe even a fight with a yeti but we’ll get there in the end.
    (cue triumphal music)

• 36 Jib // Oct 7, 2015 at 5:12 PM

B and B
    Football is a strange old game.
    I’ve watched our game against Shitty many times now and I kid you not if we had the rub of the green that the Mancs esp Aguero had , we could have quite easily have been 4 – 0 up at half time.

• 37 BandB // Oct 7, 2015 at 5:15 PM

I’m not disputing that Jibbers….
    I was very impressed by both first halves.
    But playing well for one half and losing isn’t quiet as good playing well for two halves and losing. Or playing badly for two halves and drawing.
    It’s second bottom result of the sliding scale that ends with playing well for two halves and winning.

• 38 Mister Tuff // Oct 7, 2015 at 5:16 PM

hahahaha – this blog is good for a laugh and the one or two psychos, King Percys’ fawning dogs and the other rabble and flat earth society members always entertain. Not through fact or superb blogging but because of their buffoonery.
    The latest : Jib Jibberish (the blog pest) and part time multiple stating he’s always right.
    He must have forgotten about that famous club team he was on about a while ago – you know -that real top team- Brazil United.
    F*****g Brazil United. You cannot make it up.
    Jib -get yourself away to the Ladies Wrestling Forum -you’ll be fine there.

• 39 Ian Toon // Oct 7, 2015 at 5:27 PM

Jib- Try watching a game with no sound. You will be surprised how much you are influenced in your judgment by commentary. That’s my contention regarding supporters: fans.

• 40 Tsunki // Oct 7, 2015 at 5:28 PM

32Jib // Oct 7, 2015 at 5:03 PM

I feel like the subject of Kipling’s poem.

I’m keeping my head when all around are losing theirs .

I’m being hated, but I don’t give way to hating.

The truths I’ve spoken are twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools.

I love being right.

Well you can’t be accused of modesty Jeff. I suppose you would love being right as it’s not often Google bolsters your thinking. And the bit about not giving way to hating – excuse me while I hold my aching sides – but if it’s not that, then what exactly is it that spurs you on to use you Googlehammer on anyone who dares a typo or supposition? I think this is another one of those occasions jeff, where you come back into a room for getting that earlier on you perched a bucket of tar atop the door. If it was Kipling who wrote the poem I’m sure it began with ” The boy stood on the burning deck, his pocket full of crackers…”

• 41 Jib // Oct 7, 2015 at 5:33 PM

Ian

Satellite TV is my game .

As well as Sky UK , I have Sky Deutschland and Italia , Canal plus France , Spain and Holland , and Bein from the Gulf.

I quite often watch a game on Canal plus on Audio 3 which is just the noise of the crowd,
    much better than listening to some knobs droning on.

• 42 hibbit // Oct 7, 2015 at 5:35 PM

betty sorry mate that was my idea micky taking no offence intended

• 43 Jib // Oct 7, 2015 at 5:36 PM

The boy stood on the burning deck
    Playing a game of cricket
    The bowler bowled a googly and hit his middle wicket

• 44 Ian Toon // Oct 7, 2015 at 5:38 PM

Jib- Has our No 1 senior blogger told his Joke- “I thought they only did cakes not poems”.

• 45 beefman13 // Oct 7, 2015 at 5:40 PM

How in hell have we paid 13m for Thauvin, no bugga wanted him and Marseilles were only to willing to let the kid go, he has a mountain to climb already at the toon, the dye is nearly cast for the lad already, im hoping that he comes through strongly, but he just seems a wrong fit to me at this moment in time, time will tell of course and the humble pie will be only to ready to eat if me myself and a lot of other toon supporters have got it wrong about the lad.

• 46 Jib // Oct 7, 2015 at 5:44 PM

Ian
    Is that an Ashington thing ?

• 47 Ian Toon // Oct 7, 2015 at 5:44 PM

beefman- it’s a little early to write him off.
    Weren’t you the blogger that was for ever singing the praises of Shane
    Ferguson? Eemh!!

• 48 Jib // Oct 7, 2015 at 5:47 PM

I think you have 2 Ashington jokes together.

Is that a cake or a meringue ? Naw yer reet its a cake .
    2) A guy walks into a hairdressers in Ashington
    “Gie’s a perm” says he
    “Ay wandered lonely as a cloud” says hairdresser

• 49 Jib // Oct 7, 2015 at 5:49 PM

By gum pop music got away with murder in the 80’s
    Judge Dread 1980

• 50 hibbit // Oct 7, 2015 at 5:49 PM

beefman…. plus now they don’t want cabella so we could be getting him back in january then we will have 2 players from the same mold both looking very poor

• 51 Mister Tuff // Oct 7, 2015 at 5:53 PM

I’d like to have a go a finishing of Jibs’ poem:-
    “The boy stood on the burning deck, his pocket full of crackers…”

..along with his tag team Ian Toon and Welsh a right trio of knackers.

Boom. Boom.

• 52 JackButler // Oct 7, 2015 at 5:56 PM

FIFA ethics committee recommends suspending Blater, so it looks like that house of cards is about to totally collapse, I bet Platini is a worried little man right now

• 53 Tsunki // Oct 7, 2015 at 5:59 PM

Who’s the number one senior blogger? Welsh Geordie the Wumry from Cymru?

• 54 Jib // Oct 7, 2015 at 6:09 PM

Mr Tuff

You should go on the stage
    There’s one leaves at 9pm

• 55 Mister Tuff // Oct 7, 2015 at 6:12 PM

When the Yanks get a few of these FIFA officials extradited to the US – they’ll start singing like canaries.
    That scumbag Jack Warner will drop the lot in – normally those in first will get the best deals to save their own jacksies from jail.
    Platini as well -another dubious one. With all the rumours about him I think our FA have been rash to back him.
    The only one I would back would be Prince Ali of Jordan – so rich he does not need to steal.

• 56 Tsunki // Oct 7, 2015 at 6:13 PM

Stage Coach ha ha yes well Jeff if you’re going to tell old jokes you could do worse than recant the one I told Welsh when he was in his Dick Dotty era of one-liner ‘comedy’.

• 57 cyprus // Oct 7, 2015 at 6:38 PM

This Widgi is a good player and so are two other new ones. What the hell is missing? Why can’t we win a game?

• 58 welshgeordie9 // Oct 7, 2015 at 6:47 PM

Tsunki

Just admit it, you love me.

Ha ha ha

• 59 welshgeordie9 // Oct 7, 2015 at 6:48 PM

I don’t need to do jokes, there’s a few on here.

Boom Boom

• 60 Ian Toon // Oct 7, 2015 at 6:54 PM

Welsh- Boom Boom has varying different connotations. Making it funny.

• 61 Ian Toon // Oct 7, 2015 at 6:55 PM

Excuse me, you’ll be pleased that I am merely passing through.

• 62 beefman13 // Oct 7, 2015 at 7:03 PM

Hobbit, yes Cabella could well be back, I thought he looked very promising b4 he got here, just to lightweight like Thauvin,who I pray proves a lot of us wrong, he came here like a Cheshire Cat, face like a smacked arse now, it’s u9 to him, workin hard in training ain’t enough.

Ian Toon, Shane Fergie like young Adam Campbell just did not step up, they were brill for the under 21s, watched loads of them, but hands up seems not good enough, Thauvin, it’s over to u son.

• 63 welshgeordie9 // Oct 7, 2015 at 7:05 PM

either way Ian it was funny.

• 64 beefman13 // Oct 7, 2015 at 7:05 PM

Oops sorry hibbit, spell checker, by no means are u a hobbit haha!

• 65 Ian Toon // Oct 7, 2015 at 7:17 PM

And we thought we had problems: Sent by a fellow toon fan:

To lose a manager by October could, of course, be considered an accident but since Mick McCarthy was sent skittering into the Stadium Of Light car park on his trousers in March 2006, Sunderland have kept their HR dept in gainful employment to the tune of eight managers in nine years. Or 11 if you include the quintessential caretaker Eric Black’s one-game stint and Kevin Ball’s double go at bellowing from the touchline.

Over the years there has been plenty of entertainment, just very little of it on the pitch. There was the ketchup, phone and iced drink ban. There was the Gus Poyet Magic Extravaganza as he made an entire stadium of people disappear long before matches had finished. Then there were Danny Higginbotham’s claims that when Roy Keane was in charge, he marched his side into the dressing room before a match against Aston Villa and told them: “Listen lads. Basically you’re sh1t. Try and enjoy the game. You’re probably going to get beat. But just enjoy being sh1t.” Still in his role as Sunderland cheerleader, Keane said recently that he wasn’t surprised D1ck Advocaat walked out on the club, pointing out that “it’s Sunderland, isn’t it?” But the question as to who might be the next manager to be handed a P45 from the overworked team in HR is somewhat trickier to answer.

• 66 welshgeordie9 // Oct 7, 2015 at 7:21 PM

McClaren is here for the long haul, Anyone who thinks otherwise are clueless.

• 67 bettyswallocks // Oct 7, 2015 at 7:28 PM

Welsh……… I defended you on here the other day. Someone said you wasnt fit to sleep with a pig and I said you was.

• 68 jimmysmith // Oct 7, 2015 at 7:29 PM

You get the uneasy feeling Ashley, maybe, just maybe, might have unwittingly turned us into Sunderland though, so their troubles aren’t even cold comfort, just frightening.

• 69 welshgeordie9 // Oct 7, 2015 at 7:33 PM

bettyswallocks

Just because you are out of the World Cup, don’t take it out on me.

Ha ha ha

Now that joke was funny.

• 70 angelswithdirtyfaces // Oct 7, 2015 at 7:38 PM

3pts after 8 games and a GD of -11 equates to almost 15 whole points over a season and a potential GD that might be as good as -50.

Surely Mike Ashley’s powers pf analyisis and prediction in his speechifying has got us spot on. He really knows what he’s talking sbout, as he’s the guy in charge.
    He said we’d be making our own luck … and we are.
    But who is taking responsibility ?

• 71 bettyswallocks // Oct 7, 2015 at 7:43 PM

Welsh……… Do you know what succeeds?

• 72 bettyswallocks // Oct 7, 2015 at 7:45 PM

Welshie…… A Welsh budgie with no teeth.

• 73 welshgeordie9 // Oct 7, 2015 at 7:49 PM

Like i said don’t take it out on me.

Ha ha ha

• 74 Jib // Oct 7, 2015 at 7:53 PM

Actually budgerigars are indigenous to Australia not Wales

And by an amazing coincidence Australia are going to make sure Wales play South Africa in the aptly named knockout stages of the RWC.
    Most of the Welsh team will be knocked out by South African players.

• 75 TroubledToon // Oct 7, 2015 at 8:21 PM

Dunno y the heck did v pay all that money for Thauvin!!!! Absolute waste of money!!! Kid will probably wet his pants if someone screams loudly!!!!
    Hmm.. Mebbe next we can buy Soldado…. Or Adebayor… Wudnt that be amazing!!

• 76 bettyswallocks // Oct 7, 2015 at 8:28 PM

Jib…… The Antipodean budgerigar to which you refer bears no relation to the Welsh variety which do not possess teeth and are renowned for being particularly adept in the sucking department.

• 77 Jib // Oct 7, 2015 at 8:45 PM

I’m listening to the Rugby W C commentary.

They must be playing near the Kalahari desert cos the commentator said the Romanians are moving into Namibian territory.

Ha ha ha

Mr Tuff that was a geography joke ( in case you wondered what the WHOOSHING noise was , over your head )

• 78 angelswithdirtyfaces // Oct 7, 2015 at 9:00 PM

Wow Jeff, you know even less about Rugby than football.
    Googling doesn’t work for everything

• 79 Sav // Oct 7, 2015 at 9:03 PM

Firstly, I wish JC would just shut up and go away. We had to listen to his rubbish when he was ‘managing’ the team.
    Secondly, I don’t see anything wrong with our transfer policy of buying no-one over 26 and if non-nationals represent better value, get them. No-one wants overpriced Englishmen and I remember many times, most recently during Dalglish’s time when Newcastle kept buying over-the-hill has-beens on a final pay-day masquerading as ‘experienced warriors’.
    Where it goes pear-shaped is that Carr does not get thorough details about whether Player X is likely to choke. And too often it seems the leagues they are playing in make journeymen look like superstars, like Armstrong appears at Coventry with 7 goals in 8 but not yet ready for the Premiership. Finally, it seemed for a long while that £10million was our limit for anybody. Reality seems to be seeping in as Wijnaldum, Thauvin and Mitro all cost more. Speculate to accummulate.

• 80 Jib // Oct 7, 2015 at 9:03 PM

Angel
    I’ve forgotten more about Rugby than you’ll ever know

• 81 angelswithdirtyfaces // Oct 7, 2015 at 9:21 PM

Ever played Rugby Jeff ?
    Or is your knowledge as vapid as your European History lecturing experience ?

• 82 lochinvar // Oct 7, 2015 at 9:27 PM

It’s even official ( Chronicle )
    Newcastle United are the third biggest underachievers in Europe so far this season – based on transfer expenditure on their first-team squad.

The full extent of their underachievement has been laid bare in a new study by influential football research unit the CIES Observatory, which suggests the club’s summer spending and squad valuation should see them sit in eighth place in the Premier League this season. They are currently bottom.

It’s a stark revelation that puts Steve McClaren and Lee Charnley’s calls for time and patience into context.

The CIES Observatory base player valuations on age, ability, sell-on value and achievements in their career so far. And based on money spent on their entire first-team squad – which was bolstered by the £50million-plus net spend in the summer – the Swiss-based sports economists value the United squad at £115million this year.

There are only two teams in the whole of Europe currently sitting further below where their squad values suggest they should be: Chelsea (who are 16th but should be third) and Remy Cabella’s Marseille (also 16th in France’s Ligue 1 but should be in third).

• 83 Jail for Ashley // Oct 7, 2015 at 9:30 PM

Sav, apart from us sitting currently bottom of the league with 17 against goals and the joint least scored, a team largely made up from a policy where they where told that they were being signed to get them selves a move elsewhere so therefore really don’t give a fcuk about us, I can’t see much wrong either to be honest !

• 84 lochinvar // Oct 7, 2015 at 9:32 PM

Jib at 48
    I think the original version is Scottish courtesy of Billy Connolly, to be spoken with a Glasgie accent

“Is that a doughnut or am I wrang ? ”
    ” Nah you’re right it’s a meringue”

• 85 Mister Tuff // Oct 7, 2015 at 9:34 PM

If Jib Jibberish (the blog pest) ever played rugby could I suggest it was fly half – normally a short arse with a big gob.

• 86 Jib // Oct 7, 2015 at 9:44 PM

Loch

I’ve just tried it with a Glasgow accent and you are right it works much better.

Angel

I played loads of Rugby all over the UK and a bit abroad but it was mostly of the coarse variety.
    Once I left Uni (where I played to county standard ) women and drink conspired to undermine my dedication.

• 87 Rotonda heights // Oct 7, 2015 at 9:53 PM

I guess narcissism is a life choice when no one else gives someone the attention they desperately crave.

• 88 welshgeordie9 // Oct 7, 2015 at 9:58 PM

Nothing wrong being a fly half.

• 89 Jib // Oct 7, 2015 at 9:59 PM

wow

• 90 Jail for Ashley // Oct 7, 2015 at 10:03 PM

Jib,
    I don’t suppose you ever played for Tynedale did you, you’re not that stupid surely ?

• 91 Jib // Oct 7, 2015 at 10:05 PM

I’ll tell you what Welshie this world cup has been a cracker so far.

• 92 welshgeordie9 // Oct 7, 2015 at 10:07 PM

Jib

It has been good mate don’t want it to end.

• 93 JackButler // Oct 7, 2015 at 10:08 PM

Sav

Nothing wrong with our transfer policy???

What apart from the fact we buy cheap, overrated players who then somehow manage to amaze people when they fail to perform? Or how we do not buy anyone with any character, as we all know what happened two the last two characters who stood up to one of Mikeys hair brained bonus schemes (Nolan, Barton). Or how about when we are desperate, absolutely desperate for a commanding centre half, old man Carr sees fit to go out and waste £12 million on a player who has failed to perform for the past two seasons.

No mate, nothing wrong with our transfer policy at all

• 94 Jib // Oct 7, 2015 at 10:09 PM

Jail I played one season for Tynedale when I was very young .
    They were still in Hexham , Dene Park was it ? Before they moved to Corbridge showground.

• 95 Jail for Ashley // Oct 7, 2015 at 10:13 PM

Jib,
    Funny that, the scumbag jeff from benwell also claimed to have played for them as well, I wonder if you were in a scrum with your head up his ar$e at some stage !

• 96 Jail for Ashley // Oct 7, 2015 at 10:14 PM

squelch,
    If it wasn’t to end nobody would win it would they now boyo !

• 97 welshgeordie9 // Oct 7, 2015 at 10:17 PM

Stick to barbie dolls boyo, as for head up someone’s backside, that’s a bit rich coming from you on here.

• 98 JackButler // Oct 7, 2015 at 10:19 PM

Jail

Are you upsetting the locals again ?

• 99 welshgeordie9 // Oct 7, 2015 at 10:20 PM

Anyway where was i before i was rudely interrupted, oh yes any news on Charlie Austin.

• 100 Toon Tang // Oct 7, 2015 at 10:21 PM

I’d bloody take some overpriced Englishmen right now, at least they would have prem experience. We need some backbone in the team as our captain had his voicebox neutered at 10 weeks just before leaving the litter.

I remember when the majority on here were well shut of our (maybe not the most skilled) English players. I always said losing the spine would be the death of us, and although it didn’t happen straight away, it chuffing has now eh..

• 101 Jib // Oct 7, 2015 at 10:21 PM

Sheesh

• 102 Toon Tang // Oct 7, 2015 at 10:23 PM

My first line sounds a little fruity granted.

• 103 JackButler // Oct 7, 2015 at 10:26 PM

Toon tang

I was no fan of Barton, but since he and Nolan left we have been devoid of any real leaders, I don’t think it has anything to do with nationality, it’s about the kind of characters we sign, simply put, we don’t buy anyone who will rock the boat enough to effect any change and that’s just what Ashley wants

• 104 Toon Tang // Oct 7, 2015 at 10:26 PM

There used to be plenty of heads coming through Wallsend a few years back, is it slowing down now does anyone know? Or is it just a case of there is no proper thorough bred talent coming through nowadays.

Deal me in people

• 105 Toon Tang // Oct 7, 2015 at 10:29 PM

Jack, anyone with a bit of prem experience, especially in the situation we find ourselves in at this current time. Like you say it doesn’t matter where from just as long as its better than what we have been getting.

Need a fresh outlook on scouting I reckon. Some clubs just seem to hit it bang on nearly every time eh

• 106 Jail for Ashley // Oct 7, 2015 at 10:30 PM

JB,
    Aye, unfortunately his Ma’s at Bingo and he’s allowed on the computer to save on a babysitter !

• 107 JackButler // Oct 7, 2015 at 10:33 PM

Toon tang

I think we are now seeing the true effects of how we’ve been run over the years with everything coming back to bite us squarely in the backside. The lack of investment, hiring the wrong people for major roles within the club, all of it and most see that it was only gonna be a matter of time. We need a major cull, from top to bottom if we are to have any chance as simply replacing the manager will simply paper over the cracks of what is truly at fault

• 108 Jail for Ashley // Oct 7, 2015 at 10:34 PM

JB,
    That’s precisely what it is, Colo is captain because he agrees with the set up at the club in return for his holidays and paycheck, how a captain that we’d heard speak once and must have the worst goals against record in the PL has respect od his team mates is beyond me !

• 109 JackButler // Oct 7, 2015 at 10:35 PM

Jail

To be fair, babysitter rates are astronomical these days 🙂

• 110 JackButler // Oct 7, 2015 at 10:38 PM

Jail

SM said he asked the rest of the squad if they wanted Colo as captain and the majority said yes! What else where they gonna say? Can’t imagine the likes of Cisse or Sissoko wanting someone, anyone, to call them out on their bone idle ways, Christ, that’s like turkeys voting for xmas.

Ashley simp,y wants players to turn up, play, try and keep us up and not question anything at all.

Sadly we have apathy from boardroom to pitch and worst of all its all over the stands of SJP within the fans.

• 111 Our Toon // Oct 7, 2015 at 10:40 PM

Toon tang

If over priced English players had backbone then England would fair better in international competitions. Apart from Vary who’s having a very good season can you think of any other English players playing well for any other team?

• 112 Our Toon // Oct 7, 2015 at 10:41 PM

Daft phone…..apart from vardy not vary

• 113 Jib // Oct 7, 2015 at 10:42 PM

Funny

• 114 Jail for Ashley // Oct 7, 2015 at 10:42 PM

Like experimental drugs there can be side effects, Mikey thought he had found the winning formula when he persuaded decent players to come on relatively low wages and that we would not stand in their way when a big club came along, the unwanted side effects are what we are seeing now, a team made up of players that are not good enough to be sold on and know that otherwise they would have been sold and players that think they are good enough and can’t wait to get out of here, as it is now public knowledge that we have not been even trying to win a cup for at least five years what do we expect these players to be fighting for !

• 115 Jail for Ashley // Oct 7, 2015 at 10:42 PM