The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

This Is The Real Question To Ask About Alan Pardew

7:37 pm, Thursday, October 8th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 108 Comments

There’s recent discussion about whether the Sack Pardew crew were right in protesting to get Alan Pardew out of the club after we went seven games without winning last season and we’ve read some revisionism articles in the local papers.

It was time for a change, but we shouldn’t have let Pardew leave at the beginning of the year half-way through season,  when we didn’t have a ready-made replacement to bring in.

Stoke City v Crystal Palace - Premier League

Alan Pardew – doing so well at Palace

You’ll have to ask Lee Charnley why he did that when he freely admitted nobody was lined up and Alan’s leaving came as a complete shock to the club.

When you are running any business – the business always takes priority and not any one employee.

If you don’t do that you are putting the business at risk – but that doesn’t seem to apply to Newcastle when we are getting some money coming in – around £4M for Pardew.

As it turned out that decision did place the club in real jeopardy of being relegated.

We don’t have any problems with Alan not being at the club, and he probably cooked his goose on March 1st last year when he headbutted a Hull player and that was a real embarrassment to Newcastle and it made headlines around the world.

Manager Headbutts Opposing Player.

His other antics on the touchline – like calling Manuel Pellegrini something I cannot even write down here in case young children are reading this – is another example.

So he’s gone and most fans were not upset about it.In 27 league games he’s been in charge at Palace he has 47 points compared to Newcastle’s 16 points – and he currently has Palace in 4th place in the league with 15 points this season.

That compares with Newcastle’s 3 points and we are rock bottom of the league.

Last season he left Newcastle in 9th place with 26 points at the end of last year when Palace were in 18th place with 16 points with half the games played (19).

In the final 19 games last season Palace got 32 points and we got 13 points so they finished in 10th place on 48 points and Newcastle finished 15th on 39 points and just avoided relegation.

The real question that this triggers for Newcastle s is why is Alan Pardew able to be successful at Palace when he wasn’t at Newcastle – well at least not since the summer of 2012.

It could be that Alan Pardew is now in control of all transfers and he was able to bring in who he wanted in the summer.

If he had still been at Newcastle you can bet he would have tried to bring back Yohan Cabaye back – and he would not have been allowed to do that.

But he got backing to get Cabaye at Palace because he wanted him – and Yohan has been in great form for Palace so far this season.

There’s something really wrong with the way Newcastle are being run – and Pardew didn’t seem to need any time to get used to his new players at Palace.

We have an inkling that one of the problems at Newcastle is that it’s Graham Carr who’s really in charge of the transfers and it’s simply not working.

It certainly hasn’t worked for the three head coaches since the summer of 2012.

That’s the question that should be asked – and folks like Lee Charnley should be trying to come up with some answers.

Note: Hi, my name is Ben Rushton, I am 6 years old and want to raise money for the McMillan Cancer Support.

I am going to climb Mount Snowdon with my Mum, Dad and Auntie Nic and I will do my very best to get to the top while keeping everyone updated on my way up. I will be doing this on 18th October 2015 in 2 weeks time.

Please see if you can donate here to help me help other people – thanks.

Tags: Coaching · Other News · Premier League

108 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jib // Oct 8, 2015 at 7:39 PM

That’s a shame cos , the Tsunkis …………sorry , the Muppets are back — 😎

• 2 Lindisfarne // Oct 8, 2015 at 7:41 PM

The real question about Alan Pardew is why was Lee Charnley employed as Chief Executive without an instruction to find a replacement Manager?

• 3 Lindisfarne // Oct 8, 2015 at 7:42 PM

AP could very well finish fifth this season, then what?

• 4 Jib // Oct 8, 2015 at 7:42 PM

I’m watching the France v Armenia game on French telly
    The Marseillaise has to be the best anthem

• 5 Jib // Oct 8, 2015 at 7:44 PM

Cabaye is playing but not Sissoko

• 6 Jib // Oct 8, 2015 at 7:47 PM

They are having a minutes applause , I’m not sure if it’s for someone who has popped their clogs or Michel Platini .

Ha ha ha

• 7 Jib // Oct 8, 2015 at 7:49 PM

Poland 1 Scotland 0
    2 minutes

• 8 Jib // Oct 8, 2015 at 7:50 PM

It looked well offside to be fair
    the Spanish commentators think so too

• 9 mindshaft // Oct 8, 2015 at 7:52 PM

jeez ed, when will you stop blaming the fans for Pards leaving – it wasn’t the sack Pardew crew who had every right to moan at the football played under him and the worst sequence of results ever in the premiership
    it was the policy of the club where he was given very little say in outgoings or incomings, his inability to play people in their positions , the constant flirting with relegation ( bar one season ) he was desperate to jump ship as soon as he heard of the palace job
    Ashley and Charnley have no clue and thought getting 4 million was a great deal.
    Pards has been quite lucky in the fact that Pulis had sorted that team out before he got there ( a face recognised by most decent pundits )
    Most toon fans have moved on to the present , about time you did

• 10 AlfiePotter // Oct 8, 2015 at 7:54 PM

When P45due left they missed a massive opportunity to give the new man a 7 month pre season and time to prepare. We were never going to go down. Mac should have only been given 1 chance to take the job.

Utter football incompetence from whoever was in charge of hiring. Probably the same fool in charge of the transfer policy

• 11 welshgeordie9 // Oct 8, 2015 at 7:55 PM

Bring back Pardew.

• 12 The Newcastle Armchair // Oct 8, 2015 at 7:59 PM

• 13 Jib // Oct 8, 2015 at 7:59 PM

With all due respect you’re talking shite.

The Palace job came up 5 times when Pardew was managing the Toon .
    The first 4 times he never turned a hair , he was in the best gig he’d ever get.
    It was only when the PardewOut wankers got on his case that he even thought about rapping in.

• 14 cyprus // Oct 8, 2015 at 8:04 PM

Ed, like you I reminisce those Pardew days. Would we concede 6? Never! Ok, the odd 4-0 spanking but we did in style – well sort of.

The football was something to behold man. I could go on… And on.

• 15 Mister Tuff // Oct 8, 2015 at 8:04 PM

Jib Jibberish (blog pest and part time multiple).
    You really cannot make it up – you’ve done it again- what a plonker – what a knacker.

Tsunki left a comment for Jeff and you in your guise as Jib responded. What a tool.

If I recall correctly you did the same thing a couple of weeks ago. What a plonker – what a knacker – what a tool -nay a complete tool.
    Jib “gaffe” Jibberish.

• 16 Lindisfarne // Oct 8, 2015 at 8:05 PM

If C.Palace had not payed for the services of our previous Head Coach then he would no doubt still be here. The advantage may have been that Thavin did not arrive but I doubt Gini, or even Mbemba and Mitro would have been quite so eager. Perez would no doubt be Pardewed by now.

• 17 lochinvar // Oct 8, 2015 at 8:09 PM

Pardew is history.
    Owen is history.
    Allardyce is history.
    Carver is history.

Can we get on with the business in hand please

• 18 angelswithdirtyfaces // Oct 8, 2015 at 8:10 PM

Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau is the best national anthem.

• 19 welshgeordie9 // Oct 8, 2015 at 8:13 PM

What does that go like.

• 20 welshgeordie9 // Oct 8, 2015 at 8:14 PM

Mister Tuff

I think you like jib deep down.

• 21 Jib // Oct 8, 2015 at 8:18 PM

Deep down ?
    That sounds vaguely obscene !!!!

• 22 Jib // Oct 8, 2015 at 8:20 PM

N Ireland 1 Greece 0

• 23 welshgeordie9 // Oct 8, 2015 at 8:21 PM

I was thinking that after i did it, sorry mate, lol, i will change it.

• 24 jane // Oct 8, 2015 at 8:22 PM

was good team goal

• 25 angelswithdirtyfaces // Oct 8, 2015 at 8:23 PM

• 26 welshgeordie9 // Oct 8, 2015 at 8:23 PM

Mister Tuff

deep down i think you like jib.

Is that alright or is that worse.

• 27 Jib // Oct 8, 2015 at 8:24 PM

I can’t believe Warren Gatland has picked a full strength side , I would have taken the loss against the Wallabies to get recovery time for my front liners for South Africa.

• 28 Jib // Oct 8, 2015 at 8:25 PM

Either way I don’t think it’s true

Ha ha ha

• 29 jane // Oct 8, 2015 at 8:27 PM

maybe deep down (6 foot) under is the meaning 😉

• 30 welshgeordie9 // Oct 8, 2015 at 8:28 PM

I don’t know about that mate, Wales can show how good or how bad the squad is.

• 31 welshgeordie9 // Oct 8, 2015 at 8:31 PM

Alright when i mean deep down I meant in heart not some where else.

I’m sorry I’ve started that now lol.

• 32 jane // Oct 8, 2015 at 8:31 PM

Scotland goal?

• 33 angelswithdirtyfaces // Oct 8, 2015 at 8:32 PM

The main comment about the All Blacks training at SJP today – is that it’s about time a decent team played there.

• 34 Toon fm Exeter // Oct 8, 2015 at 8:37 PM

Why are we still reading about Pardue it’s history he has gone and good riddance. Prima donnas out

• 35 Our Toon // Oct 8, 2015 at 8:47 PM

Why would he make a public statement about something which is only relevant to the odd person on the street. If I was in that situation I wouldn’t make a bigger issue out of the non story by coming out with a public statement….I’m pretty certain he has the numbers for these players and would explain to them idividually what he said rather than air it out in public.

Add to that he didn’t say what you claim he said, the dumbest thing he could do is go to the media and apologise for something he didn’t say!!

• 36 banjax // Oct 8, 2015 at 8:48 PM

Sigh! Yes a nice piece of history recanted by Ed .. Tales of misjudgement, incompetence, and above all confirmation of a Chairman and owner have not learned one single thing about running a football club, even from the many humongous cock ups past and now ongoing. Problem is a lot of people like me are sick to death of the way supporters are treated especially with the amount of money we cough up home and away, just to be punch drunk with embarrassment at the lazy, gutless performances on the pitch by over paid primadonnas. There is no way Lee Charnley should be calling the shots at NUFC his talents must lie elsewhere but at a football club, certainly not at our great football club. No offence !

• 37 jane // Oct 8, 2015 at 8:52 PM

Josh Magennis of Kilmarnock scores Northern Ireland’s second goal with a header from their 8th corner.

• 38 Our Toon // Oct 8, 2015 at 8:52 PM

On pardew, it won’t take long for the natives at palace to turn against him, he got us to 5th and then dismantled his own good work by playing players out of position. He’s already publicly told Zaha off for not tracking back, let’s revisit pardew in 12 or 18 months. As for transfer policy etc, he bought in Shola, tried getting Colo and bought in Cabaye as well as trying to get Ba and Remy at one point, yet he was twisting that he didn’t get a say on transfers!!

• 39 jane // Oct 8, 2015 at 9:00 PM

3-0 Steven Davis header from edge of the box.

• 40 Jib // Oct 8, 2015 at 9:03 PM

That’s twice the word “recant” has been misused today.
    It means to renounce or deny.
    I think recite may be the word needed

• 41 Jib // Oct 8, 2015 at 9:03 PM

Scotland 2 Poland 1

• 42 Thump // Oct 8, 2015 at 9:08 PM

Slow news day, Ed?

• 43 martoon // Oct 8, 2015 at 9:12 PM

I’m keeping half an eye on the Albania Serbia game – a real needle match – and praying Mitrovic doesn’t get injured.
    AC if you are still around I’ve just donated – a real worthy cause well done to you & your son.

• 44 hibbit // Oct 8, 2015 at 9:13 PM

Ed got to say your well out of touch writing garbage like that maybe a trip home is needed to see what the fans on the ground think because your not even close to what people think

• 45 jane // Oct 8, 2015 at 9:18 PM

Albania Serbia got 0-0 written all over it

• 46 jane // Oct 8, 2015 at 9:28 PM

plenty of fans respect Pardew, he divides opinion.

• 47 toon kk // Oct 8, 2015 at 9:28 PM

Our toon
    Pardew is in charge like a manager should be at Palace, hes got the correct players for the right position.
    He was restricted at Newcastle and told what player’s he could and couldn’t use in the cups.
    we hardly have quality in every position, he sometimes had to play someone out of position because he was the best option.
    I agree it’s daft but its just the way our weak squad is.

• 48 Jib // Oct 8, 2015 at 9:41 PM

The Paddies are going potty
    Eire 1 Deutschland NULL

• 49 Jail for Ashley // Oct 8, 2015 at 9:42 PM

toon kk,
    Pardew, like his paymaster took us for a bunch of mugs, he took that eight year deal knowing that he couldn’t win a cup and that he could give up once forty points were achieved, he appeared outwardly pleased with this after his handful of silver, he took us for mugs and now unfortunately he’s making us look like mugs.

• 50 Jib // Oct 8, 2015 at 9:47 PM

Jail for Ashley @ 48

Do you really think so ?

I’ve never heard you say that before 8-(

• 51 andrew84 // Oct 8, 2015 at 9:48 PM

Ed: “We don’t have a problem with Pardew not being at the club”…..then posts repeatedly about Pardew while ranting about the Sack Pardew Crew/Crowd/Mob….repeat ad infinitum, but remember to throw in a couple of posts about John Carver being completely out of his depth and how we’re signing Charlie Austin in the next window.

Like a fellow poster just commented, maybe you should get the opinions of a few of the locals.

• 52 Jail for Ashley // Oct 8, 2015 at 9:53 PM

Not sure what you mean !

• 53 welshgeordie9 // Oct 8, 2015 at 9:58 PM

Pardew and Austin in the January window.

• 54 Average_Contents // Oct 8, 2015 at 9:58 PM

Just seen it mate, nice one. Thanks also to anonymous 🙂

• 55 Our Toon // Oct 8, 2015 at 10:02 PM

For Swansea? You want pardew and Austin for them?

Have you ever seen Austin play live? He has nothing to his game. A good reason why so many teams who are struggling upfront didn’t make a move for him.

• 56 welshgeordie9 // Oct 8, 2015 at 10:08 PM

Our Toon

Swans don’t need a new manager, they are not in trouble.

• 57 Jail for Ashley // Oct 8, 2015 at 10:10 PM

I thought I’d made my name anonymous but I left a message with my username, last thing I want is Ian Toon lurking about in the bottom of my garden :0
    Good luck to your lad !

• 58 toon kk // Oct 8, 2015 at 10:13 PM

What did you think pards should/could of achieved at Newcastle? With the players we have and MA selling our best players, not replacing and our flawed resale regime.

The main thing he was guilty of was being a Yes man to the controller. Someone with self respect would have walked, but it was what he signed up for. Now its Maccas turn.

• 59 Average_Contents // Oct 8, 2015 at 10:20 PM

Cheers mate.

Can’t blame you really, who’d want that!

I can imagine the scene.

Step out of the bushes please sir.

It was him, he’s watching me he says doing up his mac and peeling the nvg’s off his eyes. Slithering along like the snake he is 😉

• 60 Jail for Ashley // Oct 8, 2015 at 10:28 PM

toon kk,
    I couldn’t wait to see the back of him, I donated to the sack him mob/crew/shower and attended my last home game at a protest against him, on the flip side I took a bit of flak on here for supporting him after he wasn’t backed after that fifth place finish. I lost respect for him after he took the eight year deal for him and his mates which imo prevented him from walking then, he took that deal knowing full well that he would never again be allowed success, I started to dislike him a lot after the 1-2 Reading, I couldn’t stand him by the 0-6 and 0-3 !

• 61 Our Toon // Oct 8, 2015 at 10:36 PM

Toon KK

If you look at how pardew faired at West Ham and how he did here in the Europa League seasons with both teams you’ll see he was consistent and shite, Tevez used as a left winger, cisse used as a Right Winger. Only difference is we kept him and he continued to break unwanted records, they sacked him and curbishley kept them up and more importantly Tevez ended up top scorer for them after he struggled under pardew.

Pardew will never change, he hasn’t suddenly become a really good manager, he has pace in abundance but look at the players he’s bought, which ones have been a success? It’s the players that Pulis bought which are keeping them going, Conor Whickham, has he scored yet? Cabaye is doing ok, couple of decent pens but other than that it’s the Bolasie, Zaha show!! He’s got his chance to bring in his players and he’s bought some crap, so bad he doesn’t play most of them

• 62 jimmysmith // Oct 8, 2015 at 10:46 PM

It’s odd that Pardew left because he thought he’d never turn the fans around, just as Ashley begins to invest more in the squad. Unless you buy the line that his departure triggered the investment, which seems a bit of a reactionary way to go about things and contrary to what’s gone on before, then how does that reason tally with large investment over the next three years, and top eight, Europe and a cup, that we have been led to believe. Does it add up? I can’t see it.

• 63 Blofal // Oct 8, 2015 at 10:48 PM

If the talk about bringing back Debuchy is true I think it will be a stop gap to replace Sissoko.

Janmaat and Debuchy can both effectively play RM and RB. In fact if that is the plan I really wouldn’t mind.

• 64 Our Toon // Oct 8, 2015 at 10:48 PM

Sako (looks decent)
    Andreas brymier
    Conor Whickham

2 start, Sako rotated. What a waste on the others though

• 65 welshgeordie9 // Oct 8, 2015 at 11:00 PM

Our Toon

Can’t start them all, don’t forget you can only play 11 players on the pitch.

• 66 Average_Contents // Oct 8, 2015 at 11:04 PM

I’d just like to say a massive thank you to all who donated today and also those who took the time to read my lads story through my waffle.

Hopefully tomorrow will turn out the same as today

Again, thanks.

• 67 welshgeordie9 // Oct 8, 2015 at 11:09 PM

I know we have had our differences in the past but i would like to say hope everything goes well.

• 68 toon kk // Oct 8, 2015 at 11:11 PM

Our toon
    don’t get me wrong I’m not a pards fan, I’m just pointing out that any manager will really struggle with our squad and the MA regime.
    But pards did sign up now Macca is finding the going much tougher than he expected.
    Until we inject some pace and strengthen key areas any management will fail.

• 69 jimmysmith // Oct 8, 2015 at 11:15 PM

You might thin, in a more jaundice mood, that Newcastle have changed their stated goals, not to achieve them, but only to give greater insurance to better guarantee we stay in the league. You might think top ten is now the acceptable and more realistic goal for the owner and the board at the end of the day, and in the past before it was actually top two thirds rather than top ten. I’m not sure how committed the club is to it’s newly stated goals, other than it would be a welcome surprise. That strikes me as entirely plausable, in my more jaundiced moments.

• 70 Jail for Ashley // Oct 8, 2015 at 11:18 PM

For starters we won’t be resigning Debuchy, why on earth would we, he’s thirty, we have Jaanmatt and he’s a cnut who didn’t want to be here anyway ?

• 71 jimmysmith // Oct 8, 2015 at 11:19 PM

Ed, the box we have to write our posts in is awful wee. I can barely see what I’ve written………badly.

• 72 Jail for Ashley // Oct 8, 2015 at 11:20 PM

Do you really think that international RB Jaanmat can be revolutionised by Schteve ?

• 73 Jail for Ashley // Oct 8, 2015 at 11:22 PM

Have you checked the zoom on your pc, phone or device ?

• 74 welshgeordie9 // Oct 8, 2015 at 11:23 PM

Of course he can jail, but he would do a better job under Pardew though.

• 75 welshgeordie9 // Oct 8, 2015 at 11:24 PM

You would want him back wouldn’t you.

• 76 welshgeordie9 // Oct 8, 2015 at 11:26 PM

Actually jail 2 questions for you.

Do you want mcclaren out if so who do you want in.

• 77 jimmysmith // Oct 8, 2015 at 11:29 PM

Ah of course. Thank you!

• 78 Jail for Ashley // Oct 8, 2015 at 11:31 PM

I would have liked Jurgen Klopp or Frank De Boer with the club agreeing to the conditions they would like rather than a sacked Championship manager who wouldn’t agree to the clubs conditions until he had no choice !

• 79 welshgeordie9 // Oct 8, 2015 at 11:33 PM

So do you think Jurgen Klopp will do a good job at Liverpool if he goes there.

• 80 Jail for Ashley // Oct 8, 2015 at 11:38 PM

How the fcuk would I know !

• 81 jimmysmith // Oct 8, 2015 at 11:38 PM

Match made in heaven. Liverpool don’t just pay lip service to attacking football, they pursue it earnestly and with drive and determination week in week out. Great club. Why not us?

• 82 welshgeordie9 // Oct 8, 2015 at 11:46 PM

Yeah you right what would you know, Christ i was only being nice for once and asked you a question.

• 83 welshgeordie9 // Oct 8, 2015 at 11:47 PM

Yes, no, don’t know, maybe what have done.

• 84 Blofal // Oct 8, 2015 at 11:58 PM

Jimmysmith I think the pressure for us to be an attacking team is why we are so shite at defending.

We don’t have the quality to attack like we did under Keegan and then the ball gets turned over opening us up at the back. And when it does get down there Coloccini is too slow and out of form. Though I do think Mbemba will come good.

• 85 Mister Tuff // Oct 8, 2015 at 11:58 PM

My God what a vision – Ian Toon sneaking around peoples gardens wearing ladies underwear, a camo jacket and equipped with his night vision goggles like Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs. God it gives me a shudder.

• 86 jimmysmith // Oct 9, 2015 at 12:15 AM

I don’t really mean this team. I mean Club, under Ashley certainly. The philosophy to realistically be successful while playing attacking football. I suppose the actual reason is it takes a greater level of commitment, expertise and money than we’ve seen so far.

• 87 sickandtired // Oct 9, 2015 at 12:41 AM

The real question on this site is why Dr Ed keeps banging on about the ‘sack Pardew crew’. Like the guy was some kind of genius we were stupid to lose.
    Over his 4 years here his average was a 38% win rate, which equates to 43 points. That is one win above a normal relegation spot.
    The crowd did not get rid of Pardew – Ashley did when he was assured of compensation for it.
    As for Palace – Dr Ed omits glaring facts. Pardew is now a MANAGER – not just a coach. He has now spent 30 million or so since he went there and he spent 10 of that as soon as he arrived.
    There is something seriously wrong with the way NUFC is being run – and I’m glad to hear the penny has finally dropped. But Charnley is a symptom, not the cause.
    Ashley is responsible for all of the appointments since he arrived – and when you go through that list who we all know them to be – blaming anyone else but him is the biggest fraud ever put into print.
    Ed, grow some gonads and call a spade a spade for once instead of looking for scapegoats anywhere else but with the owner.

• 88 andrew84 // Oct 9, 2015 at 1:00 AM

Agree with sickandtired’s comments to be fair.

Ed was the biggest critic of all when it came to Pardew’s record at NUFC. Now he speaks about him as if he was some kind of unparallelled success story.

I don’t even agree that it was the ‘crew’ that caused him to leave anyway. Otherwise he would’ve walked out in the middle of the Cardiff home game the season before. He did well for himself, he saw an opportunity at Palace, Ashley saw pound signs in his eyes, both parties were happy, yet it’s the fans that get blamed.

Let’s try and keep the bashing of the fans to a minimum Ed eh? 🙂

• 89 terencelim // Oct 9, 2015 at 1:50 AM

In conclusion, Ashley OUT is the ULTIMATE solution.

• 90 Average_Contents // Oct 9, 2015 at 5:00 AM

Quick question – did someone off here donate in the last hour?

• 91 Santon03 // Oct 9, 2015 at 5:12 AM

I am not panicking with our position, some clubs have great start some have slow start. Chelsea at 16th position look at their star players and manager. We will start winning, I’m confident about that.

Next game against Norwich, I think SM should test new set of team. Don’t change anything if it’s not broke, but it’s already broken then he should change. Change to anything 352, 541, 343, etc. refresh the team set up, rotate some players.
    343 diamond
    Dummet should be fit, Janmaat will be the captain, perhaps some youngsters could get into that line up, play some players who are hungry to prove their worth.
    Bench Sisso and Colo, I think too much pressure for these players because the team relying so much on them. Too much pressures = will make many mistakes, the pressures to get that 1st win.

• 92 cyprus // Oct 9, 2015 at 5:32 AM

Santon that back 3 sure looks vulnerable.

I like what you said as a reason to bench those two, but then it forces us to play people who should not be in the squad, never mind the team.

My concern is that, following that second half catastrophic 10 minutes we will be desperately playing for a draw… vs Norwich. We need to win and we are good enough. It’s just that we are in a habit of drawing or losing and that is so important in football.

Chelsea had a winning habit, expecting to win, look at the SAME team now. Think about how many very poor games they had last year, yet won! The same can be said about many ManU games, when they were winning all.

• 93 Average_Contents // Oct 9, 2015 at 6:07 AM

I ask because it looks like they’ve added an extra zero, maybe by mistake. If this is the case can you get in touch with Ed and he’ll contact me so we can arrange something

• 94 Average_Contents // Oct 9, 2015 at 6:08 AM

Or just leave it if you want 🙂

If you did mean it whoever you are then wow. Extremely generous.

• 95 Santon03 // Oct 9, 2015 at 6:11 AM

You can’t say that back line is more vulnerable than now. Even when we saw Mbabu in the team list for the 1st time you will think vulnerable, but he proved us wrong.
    I would rather see changes, we have players who are eager to prove their worth which is good. I’m not saying it will have to be the same back line for next 10 games, it would probably good for 3 to 5 games then change the weakest. It doesn’t have to be 343.

• 96 firebug666 // Oct 9, 2015 at 7:11 AM

Good luck with the campaign mate, When Ben reaches the summit he will be the best of the best.

On the inept one……. My god people when he was here he was as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike, broke all the wrong records, but now he is gone. Move on ffs.

Ashley & Co Out!

• 97 Lilongwe Geordie // Oct 9, 2015 at 7:15 AM

The real question to ask is why are we talking about a manager who has gone anyway? He was poor here, yes he was just one of the contributing factors and the main problems are still here, but 1 down several to go/change.

• 98 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Oct 9, 2015 at 7:16 AM

AC…good luck to you, your wife, the auntie and Junior!

….hope you reach the top. Post a picture when you do 🙂

firebug…I have said many times on here Geordies suffers from a short memory!

It’s the same with players…one minute they are great the next they are crap (and some how it always comes across as that’s what they always thought)

• 99 Lilongwe Geordie // Oct 9, 2015 at 7:22 AM

No offence, but I’m not keen on that side at all. The back line, your left mid/wing back, Gini on the right of a front 3 all no’s for me.

Colo is probably far better suited to a 3 at the back and if we were to switch to that he would have to be in for me. Maybe Mbemba and Dummet either side. Not sure who on the left, which at the minute makes wing backs a non starter for me. Could Aarons do it? Not convinced. Gini needs to be in the centre. That is where we will get most from him long term, not playing as a winger.

• 100 firebug666 // Oct 9, 2015 at 7:26 AM

Good morning, hope all is well.

I’m not sure if they have short memories or just selective. The strange thing here is we seem to spend more time talking about the inept one who is no longer at the club than we do with McClaren who unfortunately replaced him.

• 101 Lilongwe Geordie // Oct 9, 2015 at 7:27 AM

On a totally different topic, massive well done to the home nations and the Irish. Unlucky to Scotland, a real kicker at the last there.

• 102 Average_Contents // Oct 9, 2015 at 7:33 AM

Thanks firebug

Yeah, that’s what we’re going to do once we get to the top.

Thanks for the donation fella

I told him there coming in from all over the world and his little face lit up lol. He’s got a fascination with geography, well just about anything tbh.

• 103 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Oct 9, 2015 at 7:34 AM

firebug…no worry we will have plenty of time to talk about McClaren when he leave one day 😉 lol

• 104 Lilongwe Geordie // Oct 9, 2015 at 7:46 AM

No worries mate. Worthy cause and great to see your lad so keen to do it! Seems like a great kid.

• 105 Lindisfarne // Oct 9, 2015 at 7:54 AM

Presuming all those players that appear on physioroom do not make it to the game against Norwich, we may very well be looking at Tiote starting and choice between de Jong and Thauvin.

• 106 Lilongwe Geordie // Oct 9, 2015 at 8:00 AM

I’d not be keen to move Mbemba from the middle. I’d prefer to let him keep learning and developing in the central role. It does pose a problem of who to play there though, unless one of the youth players, or Lascelles can slot in there.

Other than that, not a lot of options to do much else if those 12 don’t recover.

• 107 archaeomag // Oct 9, 2015 at 8:02 AM

Newcastle striker Papiss Cisse taking TAXI to training amid police tracking claims [with Cheick Tiote].
    At least they are going to training…

• 108 Ron Knee // Oct 9, 2015 at 8:12 AM

It would be better if they were taken to the airport and flown far, far away.

previous post: Why Would Newcastle Want To Sign This French International?

next post: This Was An Alarming Decision By Steve McClaren