The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle’s Top Youngster Can’t Stop Scoring

9:05 am, Friday, October 9th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 7 Comments

Last weekend Adam Armstrong scored another brace for Coventry City in their 3-0 home win against Coventry’s and the 18 year-old tops the scoring charts in League One with eight goals in nine appearances for the Sky Blues.

adam armstrong engladn macedonia

Adam Armstrong in action yesterday

Adam has continued his scoring for the England U19 side and yesterday he scored the opening goal in England’s 2-0 win at Macedonia with Maitland-Niles getting the other goal in stoppage time for Aidy Boothroyd’s side.

18 year-old goalkeeper Freddie Woodman – currently on loan at Crawley Town – was between the sticks and kept a clean sheet – as both Woodman and Armstrong progress through the England Youth sides together.

The England U19 side are in Macedonia for three matches in the first phase of their qualifying for the European U19 Championships the finals of which are to be held in Germany next summer.

The next two England games are against Italy and Finland over the weekend.

Armstrong has been a  revelation at Coventry, but it would still be a surprise if Steve McClaren recalled him in January from his loan spell.

Newcastle are expected to sign an experienced striker in January – probably Charlie Austin from QPR – although we may have difficulty in attracting players if we are still bottom of the Premier League.

It’s great to see the local lad doing so well this season.

Note: Hi, my name is Ben Rushton, I am 6 years old and want to raise money for the McMillan Cancer Support.

I am going to climb Mount Snowdon with my Mum, Dad and Auntie Nic and I will do my very best to get to the top while keeping everyone updated on my way up. I will be doing this on 18th October 2015 in two weeks time.

Please see if you can donate here to help me help other people – thanks.

Tags: Adam Armstrong · England News · International break · Newcastle News · Premier League

7 responses so far ↓

• 1 Lindisfarne // Oct 9, 2015 at 9:13 AM

Lilo – could be seeing Gouffran at right back.

Ibiza – made me burst out laughing but potentially we are the ones who missed out on the horse called Klopp. I may take a cube of sugar for Schteve the next match I go to and see if his ears prick up.

• 2 Ibizatoon // Oct 9, 2015 at 9:15 AM

Lindisfarne…Anything is worth a try 🙂

Perhaps Lee needs to hire a horse whisperer?

• 3 Thump // Oct 9, 2015 at 9:18 AM

Hoyed a tenner in for you, Average.

• 4 Average_Contents // Oct 9, 2015 at 9:25 AM

Cheers thump, much appreciated mate 🙂

• 5 catchy in norway // Oct 9, 2015 at 9:30 AM

Hibit

This is only my Opinion , but I don’t think Shteve is doing such a bad job, and if we were to look at managers in the prem so far and measure their results based on there squads and how long they have been with their clubs, both Jose and Rodgers should be sacked.

I’m sick to the back teeth of reading that we should have bought players with prem experience , seems very funny that our better players this season have been the new players , chance featuring in the top defenders in the prem,

What people need to do IMO is gave Shteve some time, he has just took control, and he is working with some shocking players in our squad. But the signs are good and we are moving forward, we did well vs City the score line flatters them , they were never 5 goals better than us. If we had of went in at HT 3-1 or 3-0 no one could have complained. It was a shocking 20 mins where it all went wrong.

The easyier games start now , let’s judge from now , the players have a losing mentality from the p45 days,

• 6 lesh // Oct 9, 2015 at 9:46 AM

Catchy oot!

• 7 runheed // Oct 9, 2015 at 10:18 AM

Catchy… You have obviously been taking positivity pills. Can I have some?

previous post: This Is An Ominous Development For Newcastle