The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Two Newcastle Players In Top Form For Their Countries

7:51 pm, Friday, October 9th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 55 Comments

Aleksandar Mitrovic and Chancel Mbemba look to be two good buys for Newcastle for about £21M for the two of them and while Chancel has been consistently good since he first arrived his former team-mate at Anderlecht Aleksandar Mitrovic is starting to show what a great young striker he is.

Aleksandar has played very well in both games since returning from his three game suspension and he played well against both Chelsea and Manchester City and scored his first goal at the Etihad Stadium.

Aleksandar Mitrovic +Albania+v+Serbia+UEFA+90eebWpLFzml

Aleksandar Mitrovic in action last night – hey ref – foul!

Both players were on duty for their countries yesterday and both had very good games.

Serbia beat Albania 2-0 in a game that went off without any problems and Aleksandar looked very good in holding up the ball and spraying it around and certainly the local journalist sat the game though he was the star man for Serbia.

The only thing that was missing was a goal, but he’s keeping them for when he gets back to Newcastle – obviously.

Aleksandar already has 16 caps for Serbia and he seems destined for a lot more as he improves – hopefully – to become on of the best strikers in the Premier League.

chancel mbemba dr congo -football_3329715

Chancel Mbemba – in DR Congo colors

21 year-old Chancel Mbemba was back playing for DR Congo against Nigeria in an international friendly played at the Stade de la Cité de l’Oie in Visé, Belgium last night.

Mbemba picked up his 17th cap for his country even though, like Aleksandar,  he is still only 21.

Mbemba put in a polished performance at the heart of the DR Congo defense to help keep a clean sheet.

One of the big positives is that both these former Anderlecht players look to be very good and should improve as the Premier league season progresses.

They both look good acquisitions  for Newcastle United and we hope they can help us move uip the table – sooner rather than later.

Note: Hi, my name is Ben Rushton, I am 6 years old and want to raise money for the McMillan Cancer Support.

I am going to climb Mount Snowdon with my Mum, Dad, and Auntie Nic and I will do my very best to get to the top while keeping everyone updated on my way up. I will be doing this on 18th October 2015 in 2 weeks time.

Please see if you can donate here to help me help other people – thanks.

Tags: Aleksandar Mitrovic · Chancel Mbemba · Euro 2016 · International News · Newcastle News · Premier League

55 responses so far ↓

• 1 Sack Llambias // Oct 9, 2015 at 8:13 PM

I assure you I have not changed horses, I am opposed to Mike Ashley as I have ever been only I got sick of Pardews terrible football and results and realised he could not hide behind Ashley policies any longer.

• 2 Sack Llambias // Oct 9, 2015 at 8:21 PM

Ashley out

• 3 Munster Mag // Oct 9, 2015 at 8:22 PM

So thats sunderland saved then. Why is it that we can have competent managers like fat sam and pardew and be rubbish. Meanwhile they go elsewhere and do fine? Ashley grr…carr….steves PR rubbish…grr

• 4 JP...from The Rock // Oct 9, 2015 at 8:36 PM

The two are very good buys for us along with Wijnaldum. Thauvin is the one that hasn’t impressed me one bit.

• 5 toon kk // Oct 9, 2015 at 8:38 PM

it doesn’t matter who our manager was/is because our squad isn’t good enough for the premier league, we lack pace and quality in key areas.

• 6 dok - the horrid colonial // Oct 9, 2015 at 8:42 PM

anyone know what the conversion rate is? trying to donate to the gofund me page, and I cant put in American dollars…

• 7 cyprus // Oct 9, 2015 at 8:44 PM

Glad your efforts have sky rocketed via this blog mate!
    We may have our football differences on this blog and somw strong opinions but there are some good people here. 🙂

• 8 toon kk // Oct 9, 2015 at 8:44 PM

Thauvinsuit was impressive!!!!!
    I didn’t think he was to bad first time I saw him, then he fell into the lacklustre pool.

• 9 BandB // Oct 9, 2015 at 8:45 PM

It’s one hundred dollars to a British pound, Dok.

• 10 cyprus // Oct 9, 2015 at 8:47 PM

Just put it in pounds mate. Last I checked it was about 1.13 to the euro. Sending money to my son every month so I know the euro dollar rate. Come on euro, beat that dollar 🙂

• 11 Ibizatoon // Oct 9, 2015 at 8:50 PM

BandB…Seeing as I’m heading to the other side of the pond soon, that’d be a very welcome exchange rate.

Dok…I’ll change it for you. Do you a real good deal. £1 / $50! 50% saving right there. You are most welcome 🙂

• 12 BandB // Oct 9, 2015 at 8:53 PM

As Cyprus says, if you put it in as £10 they will take £10 worth of dollars out of your account.

• 13 cyprus // Oct 9, 2015 at 8:58 PM

Maybe we should have hired that Ketspaia character. His application at NUFC didn’t fly but he got a job here at Apoel, the team that made it in the CL last 8 a couple years back. Average goals per game? 3.8. Not too bad, lying first…

• 14 martoon // Oct 9, 2015 at 8:59 PM

Evening all. I’ve just been looking at the page for AC ‘s son – donations are nearly up to £700 – fantastic effort and many from this blog. Also BandB I see where you get your name from – very clever 🙂
    To football I hate to say this but I think Big Sam will be a good fit at the makems. History seems to be repeating itself every time we go there for the derby it is the new manager’s second game and first home match and we know what happens next 🙁

• 15 lochinvar // Oct 9, 2015 at 9:03 PM

If Fat Sam thinks about taking Nolan to the Mackems we should step in and steal his thunder. That would stop them from thinking they have momentum before the derby. Put him back in our dressing room and give him some game time even on a pay as you play basis – sometimes it’s simple decisions that produce great results.

Is it in Charnley’s locker to think like this …….mmmmm…. Not sure…. Let’s talk about it…..what do you think… too late again

• 16 dok - the horrid colonial // Oct 9, 2015 at 9:03 PM

thank you all for your help, even you BandB…)

• 17 dok - the horrid colonial // Oct 9, 2015 at 9:06 PM

conversion rate is actually $1 = $1.538 pound, in case any colonials were needing to know…

• 18 Lindisfarne // Oct 9, 2015 at 9:08 PM

Number of away goals: 1
    Number of Red cards: 2
    = a continuation of last season

Average number of successful dribbles: 9.4
    Average fouls won: 11.5
    = not very progressive playing style

Shots conceded: 18
    Shots made: 8.4
    = need to play higher up the pitch

Average possession: 44%
    Number of interceptions: 17.6
    = high work rate leading to exhaustion

MINUS: play uncomfortably in our own half, without a confident ball playing defense and lack quality possession with penetration or opportunities on goal.

PLUS: are able to frustrate and thwart the opposition when playing collectively, with early but rare indications of cohesive attacking play.

• 19 cyprus // Oct 9, 2015 at 9:10 PM

I see MA donated 200 pounds as well 🙂 See, he’s alright after all 😉

• 20 martoon // Oct 9, 2015 at 9:15 PM

Cyprus – I thought it was Alan Pardew 🙂 Seriously I take my hat off to whoever it was.
    I can’t decide if England are playing well and a bit unlucky not to have more goals or they are cr*p 😀

• 21 martoon // Oct 9, 2015 at 10:03 PM

I killed the blog – was it the mention of Alan Pardew or England? 🙂

• 22 Jib // Oct 9, 2015 at 10:04 PM

The England match killed it I think

• 23 Jail for Ashley // Oct 9, 2015 at 10:16 PM

That was Mauritius Allen, not Mike Ashley !

• 24 welshgeordie9 // Oct 9, 2015 at 10:18 PM

Can anyone tell me what’s so special about liverpools new manager.

• 25 Jail for Ashley // Oct 9, 2015 at 10:18 PM

England looked crap but have won every game with only three goals conceded, I wish we could do that !

• 26 Jib // Oct 9, 2015 at 10:25 PM

He has big white shiny teeth.

• 27 Jib // Oct 9, 2015 at 10:26 PM

• 28 Jail for Ashley // Oct 9, 2015 at 10:28 PM

He tells far better jokes than you !

• 29 Our Toon // Oct 9, 2015 at 10:29 PM

Nothing special about him, he’s overrated. Peformed well for Dortmund but his last season was very poor, flirting with relegation but improved 2nd half of season. Won the cup got dortmund into Europe but they should be in CL with the team they have.

• 30 Our Toon // Oct 9, 2015 at 10:30 PM

England have played anyone yet, come France 2016 we will watch the same shite, a team that has top flight players who can’t play possession football

• 31 jimmysmith // Oct 9, 2015 at 10:31 PM

A small matter of a strong commitment to entertain and provide value for money on the match day ticket by playing passionate attacking football, and a proven track record of winning against the odds, and earning the almost total respect, even adoration, of the fans.

• 32 welshgeordie9 // Oct 9, 2015 at 10:34 PM

Shut up jail, you are a joke.

• 33 welshgeordie9 // Oct 9, 2015 at 10:36 PM

Thanks our toon, someone with sense.

• 34 welshgeordie9 // Oct 9, 2015 at 10:36 PM

That was a lot of help

Ha ha ha

• 35 Jail for Ashley // Oct 9, 2015 at 10:43 PM

Our Toon,
    I hope not, the World Cup was just a little bit dismal !

• 36 welshgeordie9 // Oct 9, 2015 at 10:46 PM

Jail, what happened in the World Cup.

• 37 Pitmatic // Oct 9, 2015 at 10:53 PM

It struck me watching the England match that half the team could have been Newcastle players had we shown any nous in the transfer market over the past few years.

Cahill was outstanding teenager with Aston Villa before O’Neill froze him out and gave him away to Bolton for free. I couldn’t believe we weren’t in for him at the time.

Ditto Clyne when he left Palace; despite being linked, we stuck with Simpson and Tavernier.

Bertrand always impressed on his loans out of Chelsea, and would have been an obvious target given our lack of a quality left-back.

Lallana was wanted by his ex-Southampton boss Pardew before signing a new contract in his first Premiership season with the Saints (one in the eye, to be fair, to all those who mocked Pardew’s with British players).

Milner actually did play for Newcastle, before we sold him for half the price he went for twelve months later.

Alli could have joined us last January, but couldn’t get him over the famous line, despite the signing having been leaked as a virtual done deal.

Also, he wasn’t playing, but I still can’t believe we didn’t sign Jagielka when Sheffield United were relegated. Or Baines from Wigan, for that matter.

Remind me why we don’t sign English players?

• 38 Jail for Ashley // Oct 9, 2015 at 10:53 PM

Heads up arses and people biting are favourites of yours jeff ?

• 39 Ibizatoon // Oct 9, 2015 at 10:54 PM

Welsh…Read an article today, and for me, it summed up what’s so special about Klopp.

“But I think the thing he wants to do is bring the joy back on the pitch and eventually he’ll win, that’s what he did in Dortmund and Mainz, he’s always been a very surprisingly emotional coach and brings the players and fans together.”

We’ll see how he adapts to the PL and what he can achieve. No doubting the respect he’s earned throughout the game though. I do expect him to do really well at Liverpool.

• 40 Jail for Ashley // Oct 9, 2015 at 11:00 PM

Was he not sacked by Dortmund after declaring his loyalty !

• 41 Thump // Oct 9, 2015 at 11:13 PM

Thing that bothers me about the Mackem’s getting in Fat Sham – he wants to bring in Nolan on a free.

Does that sit wrong with anybody else?

• 42 beermonkey // Oct 9, 2015 at 11:13 PM

he left for a sabbatical

In April 2015, Klopp announced that he would leave Borussia Dortmund at the end of the 2014–15 season to take a sabbatical.[15][16][17] His final match in charge of the team was the 2015 DFB-Pokal Final, which Borussia Dortmund lost 3–1 against VfL Wolfsburg.[18] He finished with a record of 179 wins, 69 draws, and 70 losses.[

• 43 Jail for Ashley // Oct 9, 2015 at 11:33 PM

beermonkey ,
    I knew the first bit of that, I was referring to our compliant manager of late tbh !

• 44 Average_Contents // Oct 9, 2015 at 11:43 PM

Haha, yes that’s it. 100 dollars to the pound lmfco

• 45 Average_Contents // Oct 9, 2015 at 11:48 PM

Thanks dok, purely for perseverance lok

• 46 Average_Contents // Oct 9, 2015 at 11:48 PM

Obvs meant lol

• 47 daffy // Oct 10, 2015 at 1:11 AM

Not if he scores & does the chicken dance

• 48 Munster Mag // Oct 10, 2015 at 2:46 AM

So, thats the mack and tacks saved. Seriously bad news. We are running out of teams who are going to be worse than us. Still they dont have sissoko eh? He’s a french international you know…

• 49 Laurent Robert 32 // Oct 10, 2015 at 3:12 AM

Gutted that Klopp has gone to Liverpool. He’d be my pick of an ideal manager. Plays high pressing attacking football, and is a character as well. Just what I like. The type of manager that a club like ours should have in place. I’ll be looking forward to seeing how he gets on, even though it’s not with us.

We, on the other hand, keep getting in sacked lower league managers. One one from the Championship, the other from lowly League 1.

It’s like looking at new houses to buy, and instead picking out a second-hand shed which has dampness and leaks to live in. It makes no sense.

Meanwhile, Bentitez, Garcia, and the like have done well at other clubs.

As for daft Allardyce, absolutely abysmal football here. Another dinosaur with a punt and chase mentality. Hope he does the same for them, but they’ll probably lap it up.

• 50 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Oct 10, 2015 at 6:45 AM

I think Klopp is going to fail at Liverpool…they say he’ll get full control of transfers, but that’s not how the Americans have set the club up to work!

…I see a conflict at some point! It’s just waiting to happen.

Klopp is the kind of manager we should have for sure, but until a manager here at least has final say on whether he want a player or not then don’t expect too much!

• 51 one fine day // Oct 10, 2015 at 7:02 AM

Dock @6
    If you follow the links it is in sterling .
    I guess as your paying with credit card it will just charge you what your banks rate happens to charge
    Did my bit in sterling then shows up in aus dollars on my transaction acc.

• 52 one fine day // Oct 10, 2015 at 7:05 AM

Watch for the mackums to have a run of form now just in time for us.
    If mourino thinks we seem to be up for chelsea every time the unwashed seem to turn into Barcelona a week before we play them .

• 53 Blofal // Oct 10, 2015 at 7:14 AM

We just fold whenever we play the mackems. It’s not that they are particularly good.

It’s a high pressure game with high expectations and our squad had shown they can’t handle that pressure.

• 54 Munster Mag // Oct 10, 2015 at 7:49 AM

Fair point blofal. But you wud think that guys like wini mitro colback wud have enough guts in them. There again anita sissoko colo cisse thauvin etc dont. But if we say like toon kk that the players are just not good enough, there is no point in changing manager! Sunderland staying up is very serious for us. Yesterday’s sam news may have repercussions for us for years to come. Yet if we got him the blog wud melt down. There is no satisfying nufc fans!

• 55 lochinvar // Oct 10, 2015 at 10:39 AM

Yes – i think it’s a missed opportunity for us to lift the gloom

previous post: This Youngster Could Be A Surprise Success At Newcastle