The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Messages Of Support Inundate Tim Krul Twitter Feed

9:45 am, Monday, October 12th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 41 Comments

It´s a cruel blow to Tim Krul that he´s out for the rest of the season with a ruptured Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury and Tim on his Twitter account revealed how devastated he was with the injury and that he had wanted to participate in Newcastle´s recovery this season.

tim krul injured and dejected

A distressed Tim Krul leaving the field Saturday night

This is what Tim sent out after he heard the bad news from the scans that the ACL was indeed ruptured.

There have been many messages of support coming for Tim, who has been at Newcastle for over ten years now and has  so far played for us 176 times and has 8 full caps for the Netherlands. That included his heroics in the penalty shoot-out against Costa Rica in the World Cup last summer, when  he was brought on just before extra time ended and brilliantly saved three penalties to get the Netherlands through to the semi-final.

Tags: Newcastle News · Tim Krul · Tweet · Twitter

41 responses so far ↓

• 1 terencelim // Oct 12, 2015 at 9:48 AM

• 2 Jib // Oct 12, 2015 at 10:08 AM

Really appropriate 😐 Well done

• 3 davetoon // Oct 12, 2015 at 10:39 AM

Devastated Krull is out. never understood the negativity towards him on here

• 4 gorgonzola ( former Pecorino former to gorgonzola) // Oct 12, 2015 at 10:41 AM

Relegation beckons.

• 5 Wayayman // Oct 12, 2015 at 11:24 AM

Just wondering where this ‘luck’ is that Ashley promised we’d be making our own of in his interview last season. I know I’m biased, but are we the unluckiest team in the league regarding injuries?

• 6 Ibizatoon // Oct 12, 2015 at 11:31 AM

Wayayman…He didn’t specify whether we’d be making our own good, or bad, luck.

Mind, it was said as if something was going to change, not sure there is much of a case to say we had good luck before, so not unreasonable to assume he meant good luck going forward.

Maybe the horse we’re getting is called lucky?

• 7 Toon Tang // Oct 12, 2015 at 11:35 AM

The season goes from bad to worse eh, who is going to step in between the sticks now? All our back ups look pretty shite tbf. If we were shipping too many goals before, we’re now on the bonus levels.

• 8 Toon Tang // Oct 12, 2015 at 11:38 AM

Our bullshit policy of only one half decent player in each position is giving us nightmares good and proper. Did they factor in injuries and suspensions? Did they factor in that the half decent player in each position might actually be turd?

All good Q’s

• 9 Toon Tang // Oct 12, 2015 at 11:39 AM

I will be requiring A’s at some point.

• 10 Toon Tang // Oct 12, 2015 at 11:47 AM

Jesus Christ, slow mondays eh, New Order should make a comeback 12″

• 11 Jib // Oct 12, 2015 at 11:47 AM

Born under a bad sign
    I been down since I was born
    If it wasn’t fer bad luck
    I wouldn’t have no luck at all
    (cue guitar solo )

• 12 Toon Tang // Oct 12, 2015 at 11:48 AM

Wouldn’t be the same without Hooky on bass though.

• 13 Toon Tang // Oct 12, 2015 at 11:48 AM

My post at slot 12 is relevant to slot 11 also

• 14 cyprus // Oct 12, 2015 at 11:49 AM

Excellent last sentence Tim. I agree. Get well soon.

• 15 Tsunki // Oct 12, 2015 at 11:56 AM

A genuinely nice guy, real shame. Elliot is a good stand in though, as I said before, our problems start a lot further upfield than the goalie.

• 16 SuperShearer // Oct 12, 2015 at 12:12 PM

Krul’s injury is either going to send us down OR define the turnaround of our season. I’ve long thought that a keeper should be organising the defence, especially as our “captain” seems to say little on the pitch. Rob Elliot seems to be a vocal lad so he could come in and talk to the defenders, telling them where he wants them. Time will tell but there is no doubt things seem to be going from bad to worse for us at the moment.

• 17 Tsunki // Oct 12, 2015 at 12:14 PM

I’m sure there’s a patch of blue in that cloudy sky though. 😉

• 18 JAMSHA // Oct 12, 2015 at 12:22 PM

Time For Krul To Get Fit An Join A CL Club

• 19 Jib // Oct 12, 2015 at 12:29 PM

Well done Jamsha.

There was way too much reality creeping into the blog !

• 20 SUTTY1978 // Oct 12, 2015 at 12:31 PM

After seeing McClaren decide it was a good decision to play Gouffy out of position at CM, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Anita start between the sticks against Norwich

• 21 JAMSHA // Oct 12, 2015 at 12:33 PM

well his reay wasteng his time playn for us … he coud have wn trphys else wer … he deserves better,

• 22 Jail for Ashley // Oct 12, 2015 at 12:37 PM

Don’t be daft, they’d never do that, they haven’t got any green jumpers to fit him and they’re not on sale at SD till boxing day !

• 23 JAMSHA // Oct 12, 2015 at 12:41 PM

if we dnt spend money on proven EPL players we are goin down , hope we dnt buy any players outside from UK

• 24 NezzaNUFC // Oct 12, 2015 at 12:46 PM

Why Elliot?

Why not chuck in Woodman?

Krull started at his age and he turned into a top GK for us since Given.

Woodman = Hart in a few years I reckon.

• 25 JAMSHA // Oct 12, 2015 at 12:49 PM

Let Eliot IsBer Backup For Krul, If Eliot Gets Injurd Den we can calllllwoddy

• 26 NezzaNUFC // Oct 12, 2015 at 12:54 PM

Elliott was poor a couple of seasons ago, have people forgotten that?

Time to give the young lads a chance to show us what they are made off.

This may well happen soon

Woodman = Given
    Mbabu = Woodgate
    Aarons = Ginola
    Perez = Martins
    Mitrovic = Shearer

• 27 JAMSHA // Oct 12, 2015 at 12:58 PM

lol wen our defence was shit last season that could even make buffon de gea poor

• 28 Jib // Oct 12, 2015 at 1:03 PM

It’s English Jim – but not as we know it

• 29 Jail for Ashley // Oct 12, 2015 at 1:08 PM

As someone who speaks fluent shyte you should be fully aware that writing in a language that isn’t your native tongue can be quite tricky, without Google translate that is.

• 30 Our Toon // Oct 12, 2015 at 1:27 PM

Still alot of love for the biggest sick note of all…..Aarons!! Talented youngster but he’s more like Dyer, never fit and seems on the verge of breaking down every time he plays!!

• 31 Jib // Oct 12, 2015 at 1:45 PM

Just watched Premier League Gold on SS1 our 4- 4 with Arsenal.
    By gum big Phil Dowd did make a fuss of us that day !

• 32 Jib // Oct 12, 2015 at 2:04 PM

I regularly post on non English blogs and get the piss taken out of me all the time , it doesn’t bother me , it is quite a laugh , and I take it in good part , pretty much like Jamsha does , unlike a mean spirited tosser like you.

• 33 The Newcastle Armchair // Oct 12, 2015 at 2:09 PM

Jib // Oct 12, 2015 at 2:04 PM

Ah, so it isn’t just on here then

• 34 The overrated Frenchman // Oct 12, 2015 at 2:11 PM

I just had this thought. I don’t think we’ll miss Tim that much. Maybe not the right time to say this (though I’ve said it before) but overall he is average. Anyway, that started me thinking. Would we really miss anybody from this team? Is there a single player who you would hate to lose? Maybe one or two only because we don`t have any cover for them, but at the end of the day I wouldn’t rate anybody in this squad as a “big loss”. Perhaps that helps to explain our position on the table.

• 35 Jail for Ashley // Oct 12, 2015 at 2:15 PM

The mean spirited tosser calls someone a mean spirited tosser, don’t open the door jeff there’s an anvil perched on top of it.

• 36 Jib // Oct 12, 2015 at 2:23 PM

The Newcastle Armchair

By no means only on here .

All other blogs are a good laugh and pretty good natured , but the usual suspects on here are real hard work (there is a real nasty undertone to their posts) , unfortunately I love the Toon , and this is pretty much the best Toon blog so I persevere.
    I just tell myself the real assholes are probably Mackems.

• 37 welshgeordie9 // Oct 12, 2015 at 2:35 PM

I wouldn’t worry what people say, I remember either last year or the year before expat said to me you wouldn’t want to mess with Mister Tuff or meet him in a dark Alley, he’s got a strong right hand.

Two things there he shouldn’t have said, should have used better words.

Ha ha ha

• 38 welshgeordie9 // Oct 12, 2015 at 2:37 PM

Bet mister tuff was shaking his head when he read that.

Ha ha ha

• 39 welshgeordie9 // Oct 12, 2015 at 2:39 PM

Anyway good luck to Krul, hope he comes back soon, in the mean time while he’s out he can practice his bloody kicking, only joking Tim.

• 40 welshgeordie9 // Oct 12, 2015 at 2:40 PM

Nice to see that tims got support from his team mates.

• 41 welshgeordie9 // Oct 12, 2015 at 2:41 PM

And Jonas as well, what a legend he is.

previous post: Euro 2016 A Big Incentive For Newcastle Defender