Young Goal Scoring Star Hints At Long Stay At Newcastle

Aleksandar Mitrovic’s idol is a certain Alan Shearer and the 21 year-old Serbian knows quite a lot about Alan’s career including the fact he scored 206 goals for Newcastle over ten years (405 appearances) starting in 1996.

Mitrovic hints he could be in for a long stay at Newcastle by saying he’s now only got 204 goals to go – after already scoring two goals for Newcastle in the last two games.

There’s nothing like having targets to go for!

aleksandar mitrovic chelsea

Aleksandar Mitrovic – 204 goals to go
That’s not many

This is what Mitro has said in the Mirror:

“I have 204 goals to go! I have time! Shearer came here when he was 26 til 36. Why not!

“I always look at those legends. Shearer is No1 here. Everyone was behind him. He did a lot for this club and this is how I want to play. Maybe one day I can become a legend. It is just beginning.

“I hope to meet him. He is my idol. I only came here two months ago, and I don’t want to leave soon, so it will happen.

Why not indeed.

We’re surprised he hasn’t met Alan yet – maybe the Newcastle legend can call in next week and meet Mitro – that’s worth a hat trick for the 21 year-old against Stoke next Saturday isn’t it?

🙂

Mitrovic scored a beautiful goal last Sunday against Norwich when he smashed the ball home with his left foot after beautifully controlling the ball with his chest – and the one at Manchester City – a diving header – wasn’t too bad either.

Now we need Mitro to score tomorrow at the Stadium of Light to make it three games in a row he’s scored –  then there are only 203 goals to go – to reach Alan Shearer’s record.

The fantastic Jackie Milburn, one of my heroes when I was a youngster is currently in second place to Alan in Newcastle’s scoring charts with 201 goals in 399 appearances over 12 consecutive seasons starting after the end of the second world war in 1945.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Sunderland?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• SUTTY1978

Oct 24, 2015 at 10:10 PM

Repost

SUTTY1978 // Oct 24, 2015 at 10:09 PM

Prodigy, you cant blame fans for seeing that something is crap and wanting something better. Just because we didn’t get it doesn’t mean that the desire was misplaced.
    I wouldn’t have chosen McClaren, I sure as shit wouldnt have chosen Carver.
    At some point in the future, near or distant the fans are going to want McClaren out. The expectation will be that they will employ someone better, who knows what we will get? Hopefully at some point we stumble on the manager who will bring us success.
    The one thing I will demand is that we are entertained while this is going on and not forced to watch anti-football defensive dross.

• SUTTY1978

Oct 24, 2015 at 10:11 PM

Oh an interesting article, let’s talk about this instead…
    Gotta love Mitro!

• Mag52

Oct 24, 2015 at 10:16 PM

That’s enough Pardew for me for today.
    Ashley out.
    HWTL.

• toonking

Oct 24, 2015 at 10:19 PM

repost

TP135

That is normally what gets me still bring up things about pardew, they might not thing themselves it was embarressing but it was.

Fans wanted a new manager fans got a new manager so if we are to still be sitting in a relegation battle come january will these fans remain in praise of mac or will they begin demanding him to get sacked.

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 24, 2015 at 10:23 PM

Sorry Mitro but you haven’t read the small print, you haven’t got a choice son, you’ll be bundled on to a chopper as soon as the magic figure is offered.

• will die for the toon army

Oct 24, 2015 at 10:27 PM

24 , 2015
    Toonking . .
    Am behind Mcca this season even if we finish 17 th. We r a team in transition and we need to build
    a top 10 club.
    will die for the toon army
    October 24 , 2015
    Mcca iz the right Manager for NUFC at the right time . Not Rogers nor Klopp nor De Boer . The
    return of KK and Big AL showed me that we really never needed a big name Manager at this time .
    A big Name Manager is always bigger than the club and they tend to have the favour of the fans.

• toonking

Oct 24, 2015 at 10:31 PM

Final point tonight

mitrovic can make it out as thought he would like to remain at newcastle throught out his remaining career but ashley will not allow that, Andy Carroll had only just signed a 5 year contract but was soon to realize he’d still not be assured of remaining when he’s made to do a transfer request and leave for liverpool.

Warning to all the derby game itself will actually be kicking off at1:30 mind if you don’t act backwards before going to bed.

• will die for the toon army

Oct 24, 2015 at 10:37 PM

Final point tonight

Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Perez and Mitrovic r not going to disappoint. 9 goals and 7 assists among them

Lets hop the defence has been worked on.

• jimmysmith

Oct 24, 2015 at 10:51 PM

Ideally you don’t sell your best players. Cabaye was a greater loss than Carroll, but Jesus, clubs sell. 99.999999% of players have a magic number. At least we hold firm high, and also consider the wishes of the player.

We are apparently trying to create a circumstance where we can better keep players, and if that is in fact so, then that’s most likely our most realistic hope.

Who wouldn’t want to play for Liverpool, Arsenal or PSG, in preference to a club that has been consistently finishing outside the top ten.

• Toon-Prodigy

Oct 24, 2015 at 11:05 PM

Jail,

Every manager is going to see the same problems. I said this when Pardew walked last year, are we going to go through 4 managers a year and keep blaming them? This is a huge problem.

Try giving mourinho or guardiola a squad of 14-15 purples and the rest made up of youngins and upcoming foreign youngings and they will meet their fate. Keep selling and not replacing in good time and you end up bottom of the league. Now we are are changing the culture but not the policies, what is really going to change?

The club deserves to go down and it’s not the first time. His luck is going to run out sooner rather than later. He’s only spent 50 mil to reap the rewards of the TV money next year. He wants that back though which has been proven on the untested players he has purchased. Some will come off some won’t and we will start over.

The quicker people start realising the manager means nout the better for me. The club is disabled through a lack of ambition and forward planning. We arn’t building or trying to win anything under these policies, how people can blame a coach or manager is bizarre to me. Knock the tactics and footy aye, build websites errr ……

Sutty,

The desire was misplaced, you thought another manager could sort out the problems within the club. What happened was it nearly seen us relegated under Carver.

By all means pipe up just direct the blame accordingly.

• Munster Mag

Oct 24, 2015 at 11:11 PM

I certaibly dont thing De Boer is all he’s cracked up to be. Mt bet is that he stays at ajax long term and is drooled after by blokes who want any new manager from abroad.

• SUTTY1978

Oct 24, 2015 at 11:14 PM

Prodigy, the fact is we can do nowt about Ashley, he’s not selling anytime soon but that doesn’t mean we have to settle for any two bit chancer he or the tea boy decide to employ. Why should we settle for it? Theres plenty of smaller clubs who spend less on players and wages than we do who manage to play good football. Pardew was responsible for many of the problems on the pitch just like Carver was. I don’t mind if we keep burning through managers at some point we will find a good one

• optimistic prime

Oct 24, 2015 at 11:23 PM

What’s the crack with the training ground?

Has a spade struck earth yet or is it still a Ashley pipe dream?

• angelswithdirtyfaces

Oct 24, 2015 at 11:27 PM

well said\ Prodigy

• Hail Wor Ashley

Oct 25, 2015 at 12:08 AM

Winning free-kicks – check
    Near-post clearances when defending corners – check
    Good at attacking crosses with his head – check
    No messing about with his finishes – check
    Battler – check

Just needs to become more astute in the dark arts, learn how to thump a ball from range first-time, cut out his petulance (will come with experience) and he might be on to something!

• Tsunki

Oct 25, 2015 at 12:14 AM

Did somebody mention Alan Pardew? I see palace lost to Leicester today. Funny too because at 2.16 AncientC posted this link

it’s just a fact – palace fans are starting to make some very familiar observations. Déja Vu and all that.

I see the Pro Pardew faction complained that the Anti Pardew (observers of fact) Brigade started another Pardew row, when in fact fact was a mere gloat over their 5 the loss that started another relentless Percy Lovefest. Rather than suffer the amnesia brought on by the terrors of a traumatic experience, let’s leave it to time and Alans infallibility in finding his own level. Meanwhile we have a hiding to hand out to the seldom-bathed Cro-Magnons over the yellow waters of the wear.

• Toon-Prodigy

Oct 25, 2015 at 12:23 AM

Lets blame past and present managers with their hands and feet tied, some boys.

• Laurent Robert 32

Oct 25, 2015 at 12:45 AM

An amusing read on here tonight. Good work with the logical reasoning post, Catchy.

———

Nice little interview with Mitro. It would be a good move if McClaren invited Shearer to do a sort of showcase tips session. I watch Lebron James do a similar thing with Hakeem Olajuwon not so long since.

If any of you are into basketball, here’s the link:

Shearer showing Mitro some proven moves would do him and his confidence the world of good I reckon.

• Laurent Robert 32

Oct 25, 2015 at 12:49 AM

Tsunki, interesting post, but not a surprising one.

• Bobbybee

Oct 25, 2015 at 12:54 AM

Is it just me sick to the back teeth of hearing the name Pardew? He left MONTHS ago ffs and whether any of our current plight is down to him isn’t even an issue anymore. I couldn’t give a toss about how Palace are doing or whether he can walk across the river Thames – it’s ancient history. I believe Macca will prove to be the better man, but then again, I might be wrong. Only the future matters, not the past. Pardew is part of our history, let’s just leave him there and move on.

• chicousa

Oct 25, 2015 at 1:41 AM

Gotta Love Mitro’s spirit, brashness and confidence! Hope it rubs off on the rest of team today and they destroy the unclean! 4-1 Toon! HWTL

• chicousa

Oct 25, 2015 at 1:55 AM

As for Pardew, put me down as another who is glad he is gone, even if he was not the worst manager in history (Carver deserves that distinction!)

• HarriboNo9

Oct 25, 2015 at 4:43 AM

Easy formation to pick is as follows

……………………..Elliot
    Janmaat mbemba. Colo. Dummet
    …………….Colback. Tiote
    ….Sissoko. de Jong. Wijnaldum
    ……………………Mitrovic

This is an away team and for home add Perez and take one defensive player out, without doubt best team we have available at present, please someone argue with me on why this team isn’t perfect for away games ?

• chicousa

Oct 25, 2015 at 5:14 AM

harribo#9,
    As curious as I am to see Siem get some playing time, I doubt today is the time. The front will not be changed nor should it for today’s match, Ayoze will start up front with Mitrovic. LB is the interesting call: my guess is it will be Dummet. I would like to see Dummet at CB for Colo and Mbabu at LB, but that isn’t going to happen either. Cheers! HWTL

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 25, 2015 at 5:46 AM

Chicousa,
    Is Dummet better than Collo though and I really don’t see the point in the Lascelles signing ww already have Good who may or may not make it. Lascelles should be out on loan at a Championship club pushing for promotion, and if he’s not good enough to get into a team like thst he shouldn’t be with us.

• HarriboNo9

Oct 25, 2015 at 5:54 AM

Chicousa,

Yeah I def agree the front line won’t be changed what I meant was that that’s our best team we have available atm by far, Perez is amazing but to be balanced that’s our best team to start. De Jong is world class Perez isn’t yet so therefore de Jong over Perez ATM mate 🙂
    Thanks for input though good having discussion on these type things if you know what I mean

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Oct 25, 2015 at 5:55 AM

Isn’t Mbabu a CB?

• chicousa

Oct 25, 2015 at 6:06 AM

Jail,
    Don’t know about Good, will he ever be healthy? I agree about Lascelles needing more time to develop his game and should be out on loan, but we are too thin at CB right now. Colo has had a long and fine career but at this point I think he just can’t handle it. Dummet looked very good at CB when he played there on several occasions last season and so would like to see him play there again. Would like to see Mbabu at CB as well but he looks quicker than Dummet going forward so he would be my pick at LB today if he is 100% healthy.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Oct 25, 2015 at 6:15 AM

Jesper,
    Primarily he is a right back, and was signed as one, but he has played across the back four in our development sides.

• chicousa

Oct 25, 2015 at 6:26 AM

Harribo#9,
    Siem deJong has been a mystery, not sure why he has not played more, especially in the game at Man City, when Gouffran started (still shaking my head at that decision) Is he in good enough shape? Does he have a knock? Or is he just not cut out for BPL? So would be curious to know what’s up with him…

• SUTTY1978

Oct 25, 2015 at 6:26 AM

Harribo, I really like De Jong but in all fairness I havent seen anything from him at the Toon that would make me call him world class or in fact make me think he is any better than Perez.
    For me you should play the same team home and away. Our team cannot.defend so we should be looking to attack at all times. 4231 has been shown to be ineffective under different managers with different players at Newcastle. It just does not work here. I don’t know why but it doesn’t.

For me the best team we can put out at the moment is the one that played last week. The only things up for grabs are one CM position and the LB spot depending on your preferences. I’d love to see Colo dropped but it doesn’t look like happening anytime soon.

• SUTTY1978

Oct 25, 2015 at 6:28 AM

Jesper, Mbabu is a RB. Believe he has covered at CB in the U21’s from time to time but it’s not his primary position.

• SUTTY1978

Oct 25, 2015 at 6:29 AM

Chico, on De Jong, I think Hibbit posted something about the fitness guys working intensely with him and not expecting to see him play much this side of Xmas. Shame.

• SUTTY1978

Oct 25, 2015 at 6:33 AM

On Mitro, hope he gets into double figures this season. Any less than that and some (not me) will be writing him off as a flop. Love his attitude, he creates so much space for others on the pitch by dragging defenders away that even if he isn’t scoring then others will when he plays.

• chicousa

Oct 25, 2015 at 6:37 AM

Sutty,
    Thanks for the info about deJong. That makes sense, never got the impression he was fully fit. Maybe he will still come good in 2nd half of season.

• sing in the corner

Oct 25, 2015 at 6:40 AM

We are the Geordies, the Geordie insomniacs…

• sing in the corner

Oct 25, 2015 at 6:45 AM

Sutty
    Yeah Mitro is earning the right, so far. By the end of the season his status will be talismanic hit man. I just think he needs to, and will, become a bit more canny in his tricks. When you see a ball come in to the box you can see him grappling with his marker, shoving all over, which is great. Love seeing him get stuck into defenders. But Refs are looking at him and I’m sure will love ruling out goals he’s not involved in for this stuff. But anyhow, keep it up generally Mitro. The fans are loving it!

• sing in the corner

Oct 25, 2015 at 6:52 AM

I’m getting really excited now like. These are the games for me. Back to the old tribal. Rivalry I grew up with. Where I live there’s a smattering of
    mackems and it gets pretty tasty when this comes around. Hopefully the red n white shirts will be consigned to the wardrobes again after today. Buzzing already for a two nil win, Mitro and Perez to continue their growing understanding

• Jail for Ashley

Oct 25, 2015 at 6:56 AM

Absolutely brilliant news, I’ve been bumped off of my flight and will get to see the game from the comfort of my room 😀

• sing in the corner

Oct 25, 2015 at 7:04 AM

Jail
    Get in there! An omen? 🙂 I am crap at derby score predictions, can you give an objective one?