The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Young Goal Scoring Star Hints At Long Stay At Newcastle

10:08 pm, Saturday, October 24th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 99 Comments

Aleksandar Mitrovic’s idol is a certain Alan Shearer and the 21 year-old Serbian knows quite a lot about Alan’s career including the fact he scored 206 goals for Newcastle over ten years (405 appearances) starting in 1996.

Mitrovic hints he could be in for a long stay at Newcastle by saying he’s now only got 204 goals to go – after already scoring two goals for Newcastle in the last two games.

There’s nothing like having targets to go for!

aleksandar mitrovic chelsea

Aleksandar Mitrovic – 204 goals to go
That’s not many

This is what Mitro has said in the Mirror:

“I have 204 goals to go! I have time! Shearer came here when he was 26 til 36. Why not!

“I always look at those legends. Shearer is No1 here. Everyone was behind him. He did a lot for this club and this is how I want to play. Maybe one day I can become a legend. It is just beginning.

“I hope to meet him. He is my idol. I only came here two months ago, and I don’t want to leave soon, so it will happen.

Why not indeed.

We’re surprised he hasn’t met Alan yet – maybe the Newcastle legend can call in next week and meet Mitro – that’s worth a hat trick for the 21 year-old against Stoke next Saturday isn’t it?

Mitrovic scored a beautiful goal last Sunday against Norwich when he smashed the ball home with his left foot after beautifully controlling the ball with his chest – and the one at Manchester City – a diving header – wasn’t too bad either.

Now we need Mitro to score tomorrow at the Stadium of Light to make it three games in a row he’s scored –  then there are only 203 goals to go – to reach Alan Shearer’s record.

The fantastic Jackie Milburn, one of my heroes when I was a youngster is currently in second place to Alan in Newcastle’s scoring charts with 201 goals in 399 appearances over 12 consecutive seasons starting after the end of the second world war in 1945.

How Will Newcastle Fare At Sunderland?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Alan Shearer · Aleksandar Mitrovic · Newcastle News · Other News · Premier League · Press

99 responses so far ↓

• 1 SUTTY1978 // Oct 24, 2015 at 10:10 PM

SUTTY1978 // Oct 24, 2015 at 10:09 PM

Prodigy, you cant blame fans for seeing that something is crap and wanting something better. Just because we didn’t get it doesn’t mean that the desire was misplaced.
    I wouldn’t have chosen McClaren, I sure as shit wouldnt have chosen Carver.
    At some point in the future, near or distant the fans are going to want McClaren out. The expectation will be that they will employ someone better, who knows what we will get? Hopefully at some point we stumble on the manager who will bring us success.
    The one thing I will demand is that we are entertained while this is going on and not forced to watch anti-football defensive dross.

• 2 SUTTY1978 // Oct 24, 2015 at 10:11 PM

Oh an interesting article, let’s talk about this instead…
    Gotta love Mitro!

• 3 Mag52 // Oct 24, 2015 at 10:16 PM

That’s enough Pardew for me for today.
    Ashley out.

• 4 toonking // Oct 24, 2015 at 10:19 PM

That is normally what gets me still bring up things about pardew, they might not thing themselves it was embarressing but it was.

Fans wanted a new manager fans got a new manager so if we are to still be sitting in a relegation battle come january will these fans remain in praise of mac or will they begin demanding him to get sacked.

• 5 Jail for Ashley // Oct 24, 2015 at 10:23 PM

Sorry Mitro but you haven’t read the small print, you haven’t got a choice son, you’ll be bundled on to a chopper as soon as the magic figure is offered.

• 6 will die for the toon army // Oct 24, 2015 at 10:27 PM

24 , 2015
    Toonking . .
    Am behind Mcca this season even if we finish 17 th. We r a team in transition and we need to build
    a top 10 club.
    will die for the toon army
    October 24 , 2015
    Mcca iz the right Manager for NUFC at the right time . Not Rogers nor Klopp nor De Boer . The
    return of KK and Big AL showed me that we really never needed a big name Manager at this time .
    A big Name Manager is always bigger than the club and they tend to have the favour of the fans.

• 7 toonking // Oct 24, 2015 at 10:31 PM

Final point tonight

mitrovic can make it out as thought he would like to remain at newcastle throught out his remaining career but ashley will not allow that, Andy Carroll had only just signed a 5 year contract but was soon to realize he’d still not be assured of remaining when he’s made to do a transfer request and leave for liverpool.

Warning to all the derby game itself will actually be kicking off at1:30 mind if you don’t act backwards before going to bed.

• 8 will die for the toon army // Oct 24, 2015 at 10:37 PM

Final point tonight

Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Perez and Mitrovic r not going to disappoint. 9 goals and 7 assists among them

Lets hop the defence has been worked on.

• 9 jimmysmith // Oct 24, 2015 at 10:51 PM

Ideally you don’t sell your best players. Cabaye was a greater loss than Carroll, but Jesus, clubs sell. 99.999999% of players have a magic number. At least we hold firm high, and also consider the wishes of the player.

We are apparently trying to create a circumstance where we can better keep players, and if that is in fact so, then that’s most likely our most realistic hope.

Who wouldn’t want to play for Liverpool, Arsenal or PSG, in preference to a club that has been consistently finishing outside the top ten.

• 10 Toon-Prodigy // Oct 24, 2015 at 11:05 PM

Every manager is going to see the same problems. I said this when Pardew walked last year, are we going to go through 4 managers a year and keep blaming them? This is a huge problem.

Try giving mourinho or guardiola a squad of 14-15 purples and the rest made up of youngins and upcoming foreign youngings and they will meet their fate. Keep selling and not replacing in good time and you end up bottom of the league. Now we are are changing the culture but not the policies, what is really going to change?

The club deserves to go down and it’s not the first time. His luck is going to run out sooner rather than later. He’s only spent 50 mil to reap the rewards of the TV money next year. He wants that back though which has been proven on the untested players he has purchased. Some will come off some won’t and we will start over.

The quicker people start realising the manager means nout the better for me. The club is disabled through a lack of ambition and forward planning. We arn’t building or trying to win anything under these policies, how people can blame a coach or manager is bizarre to me. Knock the tactics and footy aye, build websites errr ……

The desire was misplaced, you thought another manager could sort out the problems within the club. What happened was it nearly seen us relegated under Carver.

By all means pipe up just direct the blame accordingly.

• 11 Munster Mag // Oct 24, 2015 at 11:11 PM

I certaibly dont thing De Boer is all he’s cracked up to be. Mt bet is that he stays at ajax long term and is drooled after by blokes who want any new manager from abroad.

• 12 SUTTY1978 // Oct 24, 2015 at 11:14 PM

Prodigy, the fact is we can do nowt about Ashley, he’s not selling anytime soon but that doesn’t mean we have to settle for any two bit chancer he or the tea boy decide to employ. Why should we settle for it? Theres plenty of smaller clubs who spend less on players and wages than we do who manage to play good football. Pardew was responsible for many of the problems on the pitch just like Carver was. I don’t mind if we keep burning through managers at some point we will find a good one

• 13 optimistic prime // Oct 24, 2015 at 11:23 PM

What’s the crack with the training ground?

Has a spade struck earth yet or is it still a Ashley pipe dream?

• 14 angelswithdirtyfaces // Oct 24, 2015 at 11:27 PM

well said\ Prodigy

• 15 Hail Wor Ashley // Oct 25, 2015 at 12:08 AM

Winning free-kicks – check
    Near-post clearances when defending corners – check
    Good at attacking crosses with his head – check
    No messing about with his finishes – check
    Battler – check

Just needs to become more astute in the dark arts, learn how to thump a ball from range first-time, cut out his petulance (will come with experience) and he might be on to something!

• 16 Tsunki // Oct 25, 2015 at 12:14 AM

Did somebody mention Alan Pardew? I see palace lost to Leicester today. Funny too because at 2.16 AncientC posted this link

it’s just a fact – palace fans are starting to make some very familiar observations. Déja Vu and all that.

I see the Pro Pardew faction complained that the Anti Pardew (observers of fact) Brigade started another Pardew row, when in fact fact was a mere gloat over their 5 the loss that started another relentless Percy Lovefest. Rather than suffer the amnesia brought on by the terrors of a traumatic experience, let’s leave it to time and Alans infallibility in finding his own level. Meanwhile we have a hiding to hand out to the seldom-bathed Cro-Magnons over the yellow waters of the wear.

• 17 Toon-Prodigy // Oct 25, 2015 at 12:23 AM

Lets blame past and present managers with their hands and feet tied, some boys.

• 18 Laurent Robert 32 // Oct 25, 2015 at 12:45 AM

An amusing read on here tonight. Good work with the logical reasoning post, Catchy.

Nice little interview with Mitro. It would be a good move if McClaren invited Shearer to do a sort of showcase tips session. I watch Lebron James do a similar thing with Hakeem Olajuwon not so long since.

If any of you are into basketball, here’s the link:

Shearer showing Mitro some proven moves would do him and his confidence the world of good I reckon.

• 19 Laurent Robert 32 // Oct 25, 2015 at 12:49 AM

Tsunki, interesting post, but not a surprising one.

• 20 Bobbybee // Oct 25, 2015 at 12:54 AM

Is it just me sick to the back teeth of hearing the name Pardew? He left MONTHS ago ffs and whether any of our current plight is down to him isn’t even an issue anymore. I couldn’t give a toss about how Palace are doing or whether he can walk across the river Thames – it’s ancient history. I believe Macca will prove to be the better man, but then again, I might be wrong. Only the future matters, not the past. Pardew is part of our history, let’s just leave him there and move on.

• 21 chicousa // Oct 25, 2015 at 1:41 AM

Gotta Love Mitro’s spirit, brashness and confidence! Hope it rubs off on the rest of team today and they destroy the unclean! 4-1 Toon! HWTL

• 22 chicousa // Oct 25, 2015 at 1:55 AM

As for Pardew, put me down as another who is glad he is gone, even if he was not the worst manager in history (Carver deserves that distinction!)

• 23 HarriboNo9 // Oct 25, 2015 at 4:43 AM

Easy formation to pick is as follows

Janmaat mbemba. Colo. Dummet
    …………….Colback. Tiote
    ….Sissoko. de Jong. Wijnaldum

This is an away team and for home add Perez and take one defensive player out, without doubt best team we have available at present, please someone argue with me on why this team isn’t perfect for away games ?

• 24 chicousa // Oct 25, 2015 at 5:14 AM

As curious as I am to see Siem get some playing time, I doubt today is the time. The front will not be changed nor should it for today’s match, Ayoze will start up front with Mitrovic. LB is the interesting call: my guess is it will be Dummet. I would like to see Dummet at CB for Colo and Mbabu at LB, but that isn’t going to happen either. Cheers! HWTL

• 25 Jail for Ashley // Oct 25, 2015 at 5:46 AM

Is Dummet better than Collo though and I really don’t see the point in the Lascelles signing ww already have Good who may or may not make it. Lascelles should be out on loan at a Championship club pushing for promotion, and if he’s not good enough to get into a team like thst he shouldn’t be with us.

• 26 HarriboNo9 // Oct 25, 2015 at 5:54 AM

Yeah I def agree the front line won’t be changed what I meant was that that’s our best team we have available atm by far, Perez is amazing but to be balanced that’s our best team to start. De Jong is world class Perez isn’t yet so therefore de Jong over Perez ATM mate 🙂
    Thanks for input though good having discussion on these type things if you know what I mean

• 27 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Oct 25, 2015 at 5:55 AM

Isn’t Mbabu a CB?

• 28 chicousa // Oct 25, 2015 at 6:06 AM

Don’t know about Good, will he ever be healthy? I agree about Lascelles needing more time to develop his game and should be out on loan, but we are too thin at CB right now. Colo has had a long and fine career but at this point I think he just can’t handle it. Dummet looked very good at CB when he played there on several occasions last season and so would like to see him play there again. Would like to see Mbabu at CB as well but he looks quicker than Dummet going forward so he would be my pick at LB today if he is 100% healthy.

• 29 Lilongwe Geordie // Oct 25, 2015 at 6:15 AM

Primarily he is a right back, and was signed as one, but he has played across the back four in our development sides.

• 30 chicousa // Oct 25, 2015 at 6:26 AM

Siem deJong has been a mystery, not sure why he has not played more, especially in the game at Man City, when Gouffran started (still shaking my head at that decision) Is he in good enough shape? Does he have a knock? Or is he just not cut out for BPL? So would be curious to know what’s up with him…

• 31 SUTTY1978 // Oct 25, 2015 at 6:26 AM

Harribo, I really like De Jong but in all fairness I havent seen anything from him at the Toon that would make me call him world class or in fact make me think he is any better than Perez.
    For me you should play the same team home and away. Our team cannot.defend so we should be looking to attack at all times. 4231 has been shown to be ineffective under different managers with different players at Newcastle. It just does not work here. I don’t know why but it doesn’t.

For me the best team we can put out at the moment is the one that played last week. The only things up for grabs are one CM position and the LB spot depending on your preferences. I’d love to see Colo dropped but it doesn’t look like happening anytime soon.

• 32 SUTTY1978 // Oct 25, 2015 at 6:28 AM

Jesper, Mbabu is a RB. Believe he has covered at CB in the U21’s from time to time but it’s not his primary position.

• 33 SUTTY1978 // Oct 25, 2015 at 6:29 AM

Chico, on De Jong, I think Hibbit posted something about the fitness guys working intensely with him and not expecting to see him play much this side of Xmas. Shame.

• 34 SUTTY1978 // Oct 25, 2015 at 6:33 AM

On Mitro, hope he gets into double figures this season. Any less than that and some (not me) will be writing him off as a flop. Love his attitude, he creates so much space for others on the pitch by dragging defenders away that even if he isn’t scoring then others will when he plays.

• 35 chicousa // Oct 25, 2015 at 6:37 AM

Thanks for the info about deJong. That makes sense, never got the impression he was fully fit. Maybe he will still come good in 2nd half of season.

• 36 sing in the corner // Oct 25, 2015 at 6:40 AM

We are the Geordies, the Geordie insomniacs…

• 37 sing in the corner // Oct 25, 2015 at 6:45 AM

Yeah Mitro is earning the right, so far. By the end of the season his status will be talismanic hit man. I just think he needs to, and will, become a bit more canny in his tricks. When you see a ball come in to the box you can see him grappling with his marker, shoving all over, which is great. Love seeing him get stuck into defenders. But Refs are looking at him and I’m sure will love ruling out goals he’s not involved in for this stuff. But anyhow, keep it up generally Mitro. The fans are loving it!

• 38 sing in the corner // Oct 25, 2015 at 6:52 AM

I’m getting really excited now like. These are the games for me. Back to the old tribal. Rivalry I grew up with. Where I live there’s a smattering of
    mackems and it gets pretty tasty when this comes around. Hopefully the red n white shirts will be consigned to the wardrobes again after today. Buzzing already for a two nil win, Mitro and Perez to continue their growing understanding

• 39 Jail for Ashley // Oct 25, 2015 at 6:56 AM

Absolutely brilliant news, I’ve been bumped off of my flight and will get to see the game from the comfort of my room 😀

• 40 sing in the corner // Oct 25, 2015 at 7:04 AM

Get in there! An omen? 🙂 I am crap at derby score predictions, can you give an objective one?

• 41 will die for the toon army // Oct 25, 2015 at 7:12 AM

I cant believe some one can drop Perez for De Jong. thr boy has scored 2 in 3 and is looking dangerous every week. Trust you me once Mcca realises Colo is the problem at the back he will bench him. Mcca has a desire to succeed and does have the b@!! $ to bench players.

Dummett at CB really didn’t analyse that too much but if he ever plays their again I will. Not yet sure he is better than Colo. Its interesting to see if Colo gets injured who comes in gor him.
    Lasceles , Willo , Dummett.

• 42 SUTTY1978 // Oct 25, 2015 at 7:26 AM

Chico, yeah hope he does come good in 2016, he’s a quality player and gives us a different option. If we are losing he’s a player I would be happy to see come on with 20 minutes to go to get a goal getting body in the box. He has experience and good footballing intelligence. I’m certainly in no rush to see Perez dropped though. His play against Norwich & Chelsea was top class. Probably more so against Chelsea, for a bit of a lightweight he sure doesn’t mind getting stuck in!

• 43 SUTTY1978 // Oct 25, 2015 at 7:30 AM

Sing, Mitro is only young, as you say the tricks will come. Someone said earlier about getting Big Al in for a few training sessions. I couldnt see him necessarily coming to the training ground but I cant see why McClaren couldnt ask him just to do a bit of one on one with Mitro outside of regular training. I’d imagine Mitro would be on cloud nine to be invited round to Shearers house for a back garden kick around!

• 44 Jail for Ashley // Oct 25, 2015 at 7:31 AM

Mitro first half hatrick, left foot, right foot header Perez with a cheeky back heel and super sub Colback with a thirty yard screamer on 89 minutes :0

• 45 SUTTY1978 // Oct 25, 2015 at 7:32 AM

Will Die, when McClaren was in charge of England he bottled out on dropping the big names, he wasn’t the first or last though.

• 46 Jail for Ashley // Oct 25, 2015 at 7:33 AM

Macca will do as he’s told !

• 47 SUTTY1978 // Oct 25, 2015 at 7:34 AM

Jail, looking forward to that! I’m going 4-2, let’s face it we cant keep a clean sheet!

• 48 cyprus // Oct 25, 2015 at 7:35 AM

Come on lads, you can win.

PS. Remember, you’ll go down 1-0. Don’t panic.

• 49 Jail for Ashley // Oct 25, 2015 at 7:48 AM

How can we go 1-0 down when I’ve predicted 0-5 ?

• 50 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Oct 25, 2015 at 7:58 AM

Lilongwe /Sutty…thanks guys! I am not too informed about our development players

• 51 will die for the toon army // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:06 AM

Mcca dropped the Beckham Campbell and ???????? Which bacfired on him? Correct me if am wrong. If those aint ba!!$ Dont know wat it is.

• 52 optimistic prime // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:08 AM

• 53 Ron Knee // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:12 AM

I’d settle for a draw.

• 54 sparky55 // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:14 AM

Difficult to predict the score when we don’t know the team.

I think there’s three key positions that need to clarified as to who is playing there before I could make a prediction.

If common sense prevails I think we’ll win, if Maccasense prevails and he keeps Colo in defence I think we’ll lose…if he doesn’t start with Tiote but does start with Colo and plays Hiadara at LB we might srcape a draw…but the main difference between 3 points and 1 or Zero points will be whether he starts with Colo or not.

• 55 John Tudor // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:14 AM

at least 9 to get gd level hwtl

• 56 the broons // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:15 AM

Lets not get carried away lads, I love the optimisim but really teams only get smashed in these types of games when one team doesn’t show up and I am in no doubt as beatable as they are Sunderland will turn up and make it difficult for us.

• 57 will die for the toon army // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:15 AM

I want to see an improvement in our defence.

• 58 Jail for Ashley // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:15 AM

Ron Knee,
    No way Jose, this is our time of sweet revenge before they disappear for the next five years at least, they wont forgive ex Mag Hippo Heed after today and they’ll be screaming at him by Christmas, he’ll be gone by February.

• 59 Lilongwe Geordie // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:16 AM

No worries Jesper, I think he could probably grow to be a centre half in the future, but time will tell.

Defeat really is unthinkable today. I think most of us have been fairly confident heading in to the last few derbies, but we all know how that turned out. The players need to give there all, and come off the pitch with nothing left to give, if that means some have to come off after 70 minutes, then so be it, but no less than 100% should be accepted from any player.

They have conceded 19 goals so far, so the plan from the off should be to put them under pressure, although Sam will have been working on shape and organisation this week, so they will be hoping to be a bit more resilient back there. We have the players to cause them problems, and should be more than capable of notching a second win on the bounce.

• 60 Jail for Ashley // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:17 AM

Do you want Collo dropped, my heart says go with Dummet as suggested by chicousa earlier as I’m god damn sick of the sight of Collocini, but I’m not sure if Dummet is better.

• 61 John Tudor // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:20 AM

colo needs his fcukin mop shaved off

• 62 John Tudor // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:21 AM

get willo the stick in, in place of colo

• 63 the broons // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:22 AM

reet theres no chance he’s dropping colo. He loves the man.

• 64 will die for the toon army // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:23 AM

Lads u shld back off Colo.

• 65 scout // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:23 AM

Brandy required the nerves coming already.

• 66 sparky55 // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:23 AM

Yes I want Colo dropped for today and eased out by the January window so we can make a reasoned purchase the transfer window …Dummett is far better equipped for the arial barrage we are about to have inflicted upon us…this game will be won in the air and Colo is not the man to have in the trenches in those circumstances…he’s weak. he’s a coward and is too easily dominated by the opposition whereas on the ground he’s more than competent…but for todays game everything hinges on whether or not he plays.

I would have Janmaat, Mbemba, Dummett and Hiadara starting today.

• 67 Ron Knee // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:24 AM

Steady on, jail. What is your optimism based on? Our 6-2 hammering of Norwich? When did Newcastle ever show any consistency? When was the last time Sissoko played well for two matches in a row?

I can see our defence and midfield letting us down again.

• 68 scout // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:24 AM

Dummett for Colo you lot have been on the aeroplane glue again.

• 69 SUTTY1978 // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:24 AM

Dummet has actually played best at CB alongside Colo, Colo was far better at RCB as well. And no I’m not suggesting playing the two of them together and dropping Mbemba, just not seen Dummet perform well next to anyone else!

• 70 scout // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:25 AM

Ron knee

Keep the faith lad

• 71 scout // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:26 AM

Were 16/1 to win 2 nil.

• 72 sparky55 // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:27 AM

you have to go with a bet where the scum score…there’s no way we’ll keep a clean sheet today…especially if Colo is involved

• 73 SUTTY1978 // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:27 AM

Sparky, almost a churchill Battle of Britain speech there, like it!

• 74 Ron Knee // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:29 AM

Blind faith, mate!?!

• 75 Jail for Ashley // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:31 AM

I would breathe a great sigh of relief if Collocini left in ignominy in January, I think he’s been nothing short of a disgrace as captain and his list of shame is endless.

• 76 sparky55 // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:32 AM

lmao…didn’t intend it to be that way but one things for sure…If I was in the trenches alongside Colo I’d be very worried…especially knowing he comes from Argentina and we all know what they’re like in battle don’t we!

• 77 Jail for Ashley // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:32 AM

Ron Knee,
    Nothing more than that !

• 78 cestriasteve // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:33 AM

I think we will have trouble containing Lens with any of our current Left Backs. I’m working today and my only hope is my home town is still in one piece by the end of the day when I get back, Chester-le -Street isn’t a nice place to be on derby day!!

• 79 Jail for Ashley // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:34 AM

I don’t think it’s a trait of his nationality more of his own individual personality which for me is none existent, if he didn’t have curly hair nobody would know who he was !

• 80 SUTTY1978 // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:34 AM

Sunderland have scored three goals in their last 6 games, so they are due half a goal today. If Colo plays they get 1 goal, if he doesn’t we keep a clean sheet. If we score 2 the game is ours either way.

• 81 Ron Knee // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:34 AM

Why would Coloccini go, though? They had the perfect opportunity to get rid of him in the summer but extended his contract instead!

• 82 sparky55 // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:37 AM

I know it’s pretty me and you against the world on this one (admittedly with the exception of a few others)…but you’re absolutely right…the mind boggles as to why he’s captain and the mind boggles even more as to how he got that contract extension…it’s obvious there’s something we don’t know but in the land of common sense and reason there is no logical explanation as to why he’s even still at the club after all the disappearing acts, feigned injury and repeated diabolical performances.

• 83 SUTTY1978 // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:39 AM

Sparky, I know, you could imagine when it’s time to go over the top “right lads prepare yourselves, Colo where are you? Any one seen Colo? Colo??”

• 84 Jail for Ashley // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:39 AM

Ron Knee,
    I don’t think he will as the club don’t do logic, but you would like to think that after six months here that McLaren would be able to recognise that the man isn’t a leader at all and would have a say in getting shot of him.

• 85 Tsunki // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:40 AM

Bit unfair to drop colo for his first derby in two years 😀 seriously though, this is the game that will reveal once and for all what he is about. Besides that, we really don’t have a better CB to replace him with in the entire squad. Willo? Get a grip on yourselves! Shake that idea off now!

We will go a goal down. It will yo-yo and maybe end up 2-2. Two incredibly fragile teams with everything at stake.

On the other hand this is becoming our traditional early Chrissy prez for those untroubled by suds.

I really want us to hammer them though. I just hope that the likes of Wijnaldum, Nitro and Perez can show the other ‘pros’ what heart and soul is. For any of them to score against the mackems ensures a handprint in the sidewalk if fame.

• 86 Tsunki // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:40 AM

Jail, congratulations on the fantastic news that your flight was bumped 😀

• 87 SUTTY1978 // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:42 AM

Sparky/jail, I’m right with you on Colo. it was one of the craziest decisions ever. I think the problem is that the club are so out of touch with the fans. Because we have a song about him they think that we think he is a cult hero and therefore it would be a disaster to lose him when the exact opposite is true, it’s a disaster that we kept him.
    It’s the only logical explanation for keeping him, it simply cannot be on footballing grounds.

• 88 will die for the toon army // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:43 AM

We shld give Mcca time to work this out. We have had consistency at the front which has really produced goods.

Tiote to replace Anita – Hoping he can add steel
    Dummett to replace Hsidara – To cover that hole at LB
    Though Janmatt needs some help too.

But let us see where that takes us.

• 89 nut meg // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:44 AM

Aye, just like captain Blackadder !

• 90 Ron Knee // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:46 AM

I suppose it depends whether we’re stuck in the bottom five or not in the new year. If we’re still in the relegation zone the Tree Sloth will be forced to do something.

• 91 SUTTY1978 // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:46 AM

Tsunki, for the hoof fest we are about to encounter, yes I would prefer Willo to Colo.
    Also it will give us someone to aim for at set pieces, you know you have missed that float it towards Willo at the back stock manoeuvre!

• 92 sparky55 // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:48 AM

LMAO…yep..straight out of blackadder.

right..i’m off to watch the rugger semi finals and will miss the game today so good luck lads as stick it up ’em

• 93 John Tudor // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:50 AM

colo could captain a rowing boat in shields park never mind nufc

• 94 SUTTY1978 // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:50 AM

If Sissoko and Janmaat are on it today they will have Van Arnholt on toast today. They have a far bigger weak link at LB than us.
    Shame actually I liked the kid when he played for us in the championship but he’s gone backwards since then.

• 95 toonincheek // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:51 AM

I suspect Allardyce has made more money through being sacked than being in employment.
    Certainly works for his time with us.

Anyone have any figures?

• 96 will die for the toon army // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:52 AM

Colo, Tiote and Cisse staying beats all our understanding but I think the club saw that for their experiences it wld work out may b for a year or two as we bring in the new players. Its good to have a player u know u can rely on once the new players dont work out.

Imagine u buy a new CB, it doesnt work out or gets injured u know u have Colo to pass thru with his experience been there done that. May b that is wat I can think why they stayed.

• 97 Average_Contents // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:53 AM

As BandB surmises, he’s the “company man” in the dressing room, weeding out defectors and dissedents for the regime.

I also see this as the only explanation as to why he’s still here,undroppable, still captain and got that ludicrous 2 year extension.

Feeling optimistic for today but also wary because they haven’t won yet, have hippo heed as their new toy and we all know how he likes to get one over on us the bitter b*****d and always seem up for it unlike us.

We need to be switched on big time and take the game to the unwashed. Play without fear and don’t rush it, the goals will come. I just hope colamity doesn’t turn his back when blocking any shots (that’s if he’s close enough to any of their players in the first place) sissoko NEEDS to put in a good performance because for far too long he’s been consistently inconsistent.

Perez and mitro will always work hard and create space for others so it’s just about the support they receive in the attacking third.

Let’s smash em!

• 98 Jib // Oct 25, 2015 at 8:54 AM

This blog never fails to deliver some real head shaking moments.

It’s the morning of probably one of the most important Wear/Tyne derbies for years.

The usual suspects are having a slagfest against the club captain !!!!!

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

I know who I woudn’t want on my side when the chips are down – and it isn’t Fabricio Coloccini !

• 99 catchy in norway // Oct 25, 2015 at 9:42 AM

munster from my post yesterday.

your reply to my factual post made me laugh, so it did

you bring fnas and pundidts in to the argument like its a fact because some palace fan or villa fan thinks we are being unfair to him, now lets just look at that, all of these you bring into this for your argument are only looking in from the outside, they do not have to put up with the overly defensive football or just plain gibberish the guy speaks after and before matches, i could counter your argument with lets listen to other clubs fans who have had him as a manager, a lot of Chalton and West ham fans have pretty much the same view as me and many more like me.

Pundits, come on give me a break ask man u fans what they thought of Moyes, ask liverpool fans what they though of Rodgers, then ask pundits, its like chalk and cheese what they think. Moyes has lumbered Man u with a over the hill Rooney on £300k a week and they will never shift him, now they have a manager with pedigree the same as Liverpool. Pundits never have a bad word to say about any ex player.

you talk about him winning LMA MOTY, that was a personal achievement, the 5th place, was great if you like looking at tables and not watching football, because for most of that season the ball sailed over our MF straight to BA, then the african cup kicked in, we were shocking, Cisse joined and we played football for about 7 games but only with 3 players Cisse HBA Cabaye, Ba was stuck out on the left and could not get involved in the games because it was a position he simply could not play in.
    on that point players in natural positions , the players complained to him about being played out of position and playing defensive football, and it is documrented that BA COLO JONAS and CABAYE had a meeting with him to try and change the way we played.

Jonas was never the best left winger, but he was a threat, instead of him attacking he ended up drropping into a DMC position and santon would be LB and LW

Cisse is not a RW, he is not even a good footballer, he is only a finisher, stuck on the RW. only to accommodate a huffy BA who we all new was looking to leave and would not sign a new contract.

HBA was made to look like a villain, but i remember P45 saying that i see him as a number 10 then do his best to try and turn him into a defensive winger and not basically attack. Pardew telling us fans that HBA was injured only for HBA to come out and say no i want to play. HBA being dropped for Gouffy or Obertan.

young fergy is not the greatest, granted, but IMO he was a more solid choice than both Obertan and Sammy on the left wing, simply becasuse he would run up and down and was the best crosser of the 3, P45 even said the boy can peel oranges with that left foot, what ever that means.

one cup game, it was a mix of youth and seniors, the youth in the team were trying and the seniors were going through them motions, yet he came out and slated the kids and not a word about his purples.

look at our corners and free kicks no imagination no goals,

you say he left Carver in solid nick, no he didnt, the damage was done, he had had his winning run, which he had about the same time every season, but the rot had already set in because we had a losing mentality, so much defending, so many lucky wins by individual bits of skill. our game plan was hit the 1 forward with a long ball or one player burst from MF to help the lone forward.

for lage parts of his time at the club, it looked like he had lost the players, thats not just what i think , thats also what these so called pundits you say were on his side where saying.

sack pardew was a great site, it collated all the things he did wrong and put them together in a neat package so no one could deny them.

now please dont miss undrestand me, i was not expecting us to go out and try and smash team of the pitch 5 or 6, go gung hoe against the so called top 4, i actually think he had a good record against these “better teams” my gripe has always been what we do against teams in the bottom 10 and most other teams at home, to play 10 behind the ball at home against teams like Norwich, Palace, Villa, is just plain criminal but thats why we were nearly relegated by him twice.

Ashley does have his part to play in this, for sure he does, but in my honest opinion, Pardew was given the players to comfortably finish top 10 in every season he was with us, and also play a more exciting brand of football.

one last thing, yes he saved palace last season, but i have watched them 2 times , and there on the same path he took us, they were lucky to win both games, city absolutely battered them, palace had 2 shots 2 goals and Norwich this season were the better team, but individual bits of skill rather than team play won the game

previous post: Is This Newcastle’s Best Team Against Sunderland?

next post: Wijnaldum Could Move To A Bigger Club