The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Quiet Man Coloccini Explains His Reaction

11:07 pm, Wednesday, October 28th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 61 Comments

Fabricio is a relieved man tonight after his red card was rightly overturned at around 5:00 pm yesterday afternoon by the FA but they also charged Newcastle  for failing to control their players, who were arguing that the decision made by referee Robert Madley to send Colo  off was obviously incorrect.

he FA  agreed it was an obvious bad call by the referee and rescinded the red card but then charges Newcastle with failing to control their player´s reaction to that bad call – which changed the game.

The FA continues to embarrass itself – but what´s new?

Steve McClaren Fabricio Coloccini +Sunderland+8CaC--7fiw7l

Fabricio Coloccini – obvious wrong red card
But it gave the game to Sunderland

This is what Colo has said on the Newcastle web-site about the red card being overturned:

“It is justice,” “It is not a surprise to me that the red card was overturned because it was a wrong decision.”

“I am happy because I am able to play against Stoke, but it does not change what happened on Sunday.”

“The red card affected the game and the result, which was very painful for everyone in the Club and the city.”

“We lost the game, we lost three points and we lost the derby. We cannot get that back, and that is why I cannot be too happy about winning the appeal – it does not change these things.”

“As soon as the referee gave the red card, I knew it was wrong. I spoke with the referee but he had made his decision.”

“I was very angry on the pitch,” “I am normally a quiet man but it was a very big injustice in a big game.”

“During my career I have had plenty of red cards, and I am the first man to put my hands up if I have done wrong.”

“But straight away I knew this red card was not the right decision, and that is why I was very angry on the pitch.”

We´ll have to move on from the latest disaster against Sunderland and next up is Stoke City at home on Saturday.

If we can get a win against Stoke that will help ease the pain of the loss to Sunderland – basically given to them by the referee after we had overwhelmed them in the first 45 minutes.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Stoke?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Fabricio Coloccini · Newcastle News · Poll · Premier League · Press

61 responses so far ↓

• 1 firebug666 // Oct 28, 2015 at 11:11 PM

I’m thinking I might buy this Bill Beswick book “One Goal”.

Sounds interesting, and give a little insight into the mindset of Mr McClaren.

• 2 welshgeordie9 // Oct 28, 2015 at 11:13 PM

Don’t worry colo, true supporters are behind you.

• 3 firebug666 // Oct 28, 2015 at 11:13 PM

*gives

• 4 firebug666 // Oct 28, 2015 at 11:14 PM

welshgeordie9 // Oct 28, 2015 at 11:13 PM

Don’t worry colo, true supporters are behind you.

Well the Swansea one anyway.

• 5 Mister Tuff // Oct 28, 2015 at 11:21 PM

fool – you need to behold my quality original gags – nothing copied from joke websites.
    You need to look listen and learn.

• 6 welshgeordie9 // Oct 28, 2015 at 11:21 PM

I’m lame am i, he’s the one trying to be clever with the photo.

• 7 welshgeordie9 // Oct 28, 2015 at 11:22 PM

I don’t need to do anything.

• 8 firebug666 // Oct 28, 2015 at 11:23 PM

Coloccini?

He has the turning circle of the Titanic, the speed of a striking slug, the heading ability of a sprat, and the bravery of the cowardly lion.

He is prone to making mistakes, turns his back on attackers/shots, get caught ball watching and often out of position.

And he’s the Captain ffs.

• 9 Mister Tuff // Oct 28, 2015 at 11:25 PM

reports of Willo going to Wolves on loan. Hoorah.

• 10 welshgeordie9 // Oct 28, 2015 at 11:26 PM

You’re jokes are never copied that’s because you can only think of one, I would probably respect you more if you can come up with something new, surely you can think of one.

• 11 firebug666 // Oct 28, 2015 at 11:26 PM

welshgeordie9

Yes Welshie your response was pathetically lame.

But then most of what you say is.

Oh and……

ha ha ha!

• 12 welshgeordie9 // Oct 28, 2015 at 11:28 PM

See you all having a go at colo, i would love to see you on the football pitch for 90 minutes, probably wouldn’t last 10 minutes.

• 13 welshgeordie9 // Oct 28, 2015 at 11:29 PM

firebug666

So that picture wasn’t pathetic, can’t have it both ways.

• 14 firebug666 // Oct 28, 2015 at 11:31 PM

Welshie

For once you are correct, I would not last 10 minutes these days on a football pitch. In truth I wouldn’t last 5 minutes.

But Coloccini like myself is well past his sell by date, he needs to be put out to pasture, it’s the only kind thing to do.

• 15 firebug666 // Oct 28, 2015 at 11:32 PM

Welshie

Come on Welshie, the write up was first class, and the picture was the icing on the top.

You have to appreciate great work when you see it.

• 16 firebug666 // Oct 28, 2015 at 11:37 PM

Tuff

Maybe there is someone at Wolves we are looking at and Willo is a little sweetener.

• 17 welshgeordie9 // Oct 28, 2015 at 11:38 PM

Lame with the write up and photo, like i said can’t have it both ways.

• 18 firebug666 // Oct 28, 2015 at 11:41 PM

Welshie

What do you mean, I can’t have it both ways?

I found it very entertaining, and you response was a very poor one, Where exactly is the problem with that?

I’m kinda glad I never told you my joke now, you would be spitting blue feathers over it.

• 19 welshgeordie9 // Oct 28, 2015 at 11:44 PM

Whatever, i really can’t be bothered with arse lickers.

• 20 firebug666 // Oct 28, 2015 at 11:50 PM

Welshie

Are you calling me an arse licker?

Does this little outburst of yours stem from the fact that you have not or cannot answer my question, or is it from a bout of jealousy because you are not having your arse licked?

In your mind and arse licker is someone who likes and appreciates the effort of another poster.

Sorry Welshie lad but this is school boy stuff. Just answer the question and were done.

• 21 welshgeordie9 // Oct 28, 2015 at 11:53 PM

No but there are some on here, just forget about it.

• 22 welshgeordie9 // Oct 28, 2015 at 11:58 PM

Actually you are wrong about what it means, it means you say yes to everything to the person you are talking to, not yourself literally but that’s what I mean.

• 23 firebug666 // Oct 28, 2015 at 11:58 PM

Welshie

I don’t get what you mean…..

“No but there are some on here, just forget about it.”

Does that mean I’m not an arse licker?

or Your not jealous?

Please could you elaborate (that means explain) on your answer as time is getting on, and some of us need the required amount of beauty sleep.

• 24 welshgeordie9 // Oct 28, 2015 at 11:59 PM

Anyway I’m off to bed.

• 25 firebug666 // Oct 29, 2015 at 12:00 AM

@22

even more confusing….

• 26 welshgeordie9 // Oct 29, 2015 at 12:01 AM

firebug666

Honest mate just forget it, wasn’t having a go at you.

• 27 firebug666 // Oct 29, 2015 at 12:01 AM

Goodnight Welshie,

I might tell you my little joke another time, maybe when you and your side kick are tormenting the rest of the blog.

Sleep tight!

• 28 Munster Mag // Oct 29, 2015 at 12:08 AM

And then they all slept tight in Toonland 🙂

• 29 Mister Tuff // Oct 29, 2015 at 12:11 AM

booohoooo booohooooo I didn’t like that photo boooohooo booohooooo.

Comedy gold.

• 30 Mister Tuff // Oct 29, 2015 at 12:14 AM

firebug – re Willo – probably freeing up a squad place in readiness for January!

• 31 welshgeordie9 // Oct 29, 2015 at 12:18 AM

Mister Tuff

Couldn’t give a rats arse about the photo, so carry on.

• 32 Mister Tuff // Oct 29, 2015 at 12:19 AM

Welshies away to his pit – cue action.

• 33 welshgeordie9 // Oct 29, 2015 at 12:25 AM

Like i said i don’t care, carry on, besides a good comedian tuff would have different material to insult a person, but you that not intelligent to come up with something new though are you, ahh bless him he is trying though.

• 34 ilovetoon8788 // Oct 29, 2015 at 12:32 AM

I really don’t know if I’m happy colo can play at Stoke. I know we won’t keep a clean sheet though.

• 35 lesh // Oct 29, 2015 at 1:48 AM

Mr Tuff

You greet the news of Willo going to Wolves with delight?

One minute we need another CB and there’re sounds of delight that an experienced CB may go out on loan leaving us even us shorter of defensive cover if say Colo or Mbemba’s injured or suspended.

Unless there’s agreement that he can be recalled if needed, it’s madness to let him go and leaving defensive resources even thinner.

It may be the case that there’s a CB lined up to join us on January but knowing Charnley, that’s unlikely and until Willo’s replaced we’re left with next to nothing as backup.

By all means let him go when a replacement’s been brought in but letting Willo go now is taking a helluva chance given our current plight.

• 36 Mister Tuff // Oct 29, 2015 at 2:34 AM

Lesh – Willo was probably not going to get a game anyway. Needing a CB for cover – well the Club don’t seem to do that.

willo tried his best -he’ll probably enjoy his football better by stepping down a tier. Good luck to the bloke.

• 37 Sav // Oct 29, 2015 at 2:48 AM

Beswick’s book makes you wonder what can be the 6 goals posted in the NUFC changing room, doesn’t it?

• 38 Reyantoon // Oct 29, 2015 at 4:17 AM

I haven’t heard the news Williamson is leaving,
    but it’s not a good decision to let him go now.
    Atleast they should wait till January because if we suffer an injury,we may get in to further trouble.From what i saw of Lascelles,he’s not good enough.
    Looks like Joel Matip will be willo replacement!!

• 39 davis_toons // Oct 29, 2015 at 4:22 AM

This guy need more games it will be good for him.
    He needs to show that he can cut it at Wigan and sooner he might be recalled.

“At Newcastle I kind of felt pushed away, training with the Under-21s and not being given the chance to play first-team football.”

• 40 Reyantoon // Oct 29, 2015 at 6:05 AM

Ah,i see,it’s for one month then.May be fair :

• 41 Reyantoon // Oct 29, 2015 at 6:09 AM

Have Newcastle made the progress Steve McClaren claims?

McClaren’s side have improved statistically in the first 10 games compared to the last 10 matches last term but need to turn performances into results.Steve McLaren has spoken about “progress” being made at Newcastle United after his side reached the 10 game milestone.The Newcastle head coach had asked for judgement at this stage but what exactly has changed in the first chapter of the 2015/16 season?Things could be a lot better for newcastle, but an average gate of 48,576 at St James’ Park so far suggests that fans are still prepared to keep the faith.It was always going to be a slow build under McClaren as he bedded in a new backroom team and new players.And fans have not turned on the players or the coaching staff at this stage, even after the lowest moment of the season at the Stadium of Light when the hardcore United away following applauded their team off.The flip side of all that is that Newcastle are in the bottom three with just six points to their name.The big question here is whether Newcastle have really made the “progress” McClaren talks about inthe first 10 games?The last 10 games of the previous season resulted in eight defeats, one draw and one win.It was four points from the last 10 games then and it’s six points from the first 10 of the season, a slight improvement.Only in games against West Ham and Swansea away, Watford at home and the second half collapse at Man City have Newcastle lookedhopeless this season. In every other game they’ve looked up for the fight.McClaren is trying to change the culture and general attitude around the place at Newcastle but that will take time.Newcastle went down without a fight in a lot of those matches but the frustrating thing about the Magpies’ performances are that they’ve shown promise in only 45 minute periods.Consistency is the key issue but there have been glimpses of promise.Confidence from the previous season has also affected Newcastle but they know they need a string of results if they are to get out of the bottom three.McClaren has got the message through in terms of the type of performance he wants from his players but has been unable, so far,to back that up with results.Gini Wijnaldum is showing his quality in games and in the lasttwomatches Moussa Sissoko has also begun to turn up.Newcastle still look suspect at the back at times with Fabricio Coloccini’s decision making often questioned while Rob Elliot needs astrong display against Stoke City this weekend.Three red cards in 10 games also means that discipline been an issue. If United can package their strengths into a 90 minute display, it will ease the tension on Tyneside.

• 42 Jail for Ashley // Oct 29, 2015 at 6:11 AM

lesh,
    I’m with you on that one, what’s the point of letting him go now, why not in the summer when we could have had a fee and replacement?

• 43 Reyantoon // Oct 29, 2015 at 6:13 AM

So according to McLaren and Lee Ryder,some progress have been made after reviewing the first 10 games we played so far,and there are still signs of promises.

• 44 Jail for Ashley // Oct 29, 2015 at 6:16 AM

Reyantoon
    Where is that copied from ?

• 45 Reyantoon // Oct 29, 2015 at 6:24 AM

It’s from chronicle Jail.Make ur own mind about it 🙂

• 46 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Oct 29, 2015 at 6:24 AM

lesh…these are the ongoing mistakes this club keep on making…it’s not going to change when those in s position with responsibility are not up to it!

That’s why it’s up to us, the supporters, to remind them the hard way. But we are too focused on just one thing.

Sadly the outlook we have is even with a potential new owner it will just be Groundhog Day at Newcastle!

Lesson not learned…and we can start the process all over!

• 47 lochinvar // Oct 29, 2015 at 6:29 AM

Colo quote:

No point in becoming vocal after poor defensive work that led the ref into a bad decision. Captains need to be seen and heard – not quiet.
    Make your voice heard on the pitch Colo and make sure Elliot does the same – that way we might not concede stupid goals like you did on Sunday and then we will all be in a better place

• 48 Ron Knee // Oct 29, 2015 at 6:38 AM

Morning jesper
    So you predict a couple of new wingers purchased in the January sales?

• 49 Reyantoon // Oct 29, 2015 at 6:41 AM

lesh is Leslie Hall?

• 50 cyprus // Oct 29, 2015 at 6:45 AM

Colo generally seems a good man, despite his familial woes. And, being quiet ain’t a crime.

On two threads ago, I need to reply:

“Cyprus@51

Arsenal, Spurs, Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd, Everton, Southampton, West Ham, Chelsea, Swansea, Stoke, Crystal Palace.

OK then, Cyprus, which 3 of those 12 are NUFC going to finish above? Because there’s no top 10 finish if they don’t, and even then it ain’t guaranteed if another team makes a push from mid table. In the current circumstances I reckon 50:1 would still be mean.”

My answer is, I have no idea, Spotlight. I can tell you what I think. I think we are better than Crystal Palace (who I believe will slide), Southampton (yep, they have weakened), West Ham (who, yes, will do well, I agree top 10) and Stoke.

Now, given our predicament, players and fans will get more and more nervous if we keep losing. We’ll hit that big R vortex and we’ll panic: Concede, and we’ll lose. SO, we need to start winning, in the next 4-5 games. If we do, we may even spank a team or two, for a change.

The emphasis, above, should not have been on “SO”. It should’ ve been on “IF”. Because it implies that there could be an “IF WE DON’T” scenario as well.

• 51 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Oct 29, 2015 at 6:51 AM

Ron…I predict if we don’t get a win in the next two games that relegation is almost a certainty (well a bottom 4 place is) so depending on whether we have a real chance of saving the season I am not counting on money being spend.

And good morning to you to 🙂

• 52 Ron Knee // Oct 29, 2015 at 6:58 AM

jesper
    I’m predicting a panic buy in January. But knowing Charmless, I’m not confident he’ll buy the right players for our predicament.

• 53 sparky55 // Oct 29, 2015 at 7:29 AM

IMO we need to buy a CDM who one -day will become captain, and we need to buy a Centre Half to replace the archilles heel in our team.

Once we have a cool calm and collected organiser in Midfield our flair players can and will do their thing without having to make token gestures covering back.

ATM Sissoko and Winjy have the freedom to bat on but they leave confusion and ineptitude behind them every time. We need to sort that and get rid of Colo then all will come together.

Starting Colo against Stoke will be a BIG mistake.

• 54 Ron Knee // Oct 29, 2015 at 7:36 AM

sparky
    I think we’re all more or less agreed on what’s needed, but “The Board” seem to have different ideas!

• 55 sparky55 // Oct 29, 2015 at 7:39 AM

Ron

Sad but true…and I guess they’ll never come on here for advice either 🙂

…so the clubs future is unfortunately in the hands of babes…bless their little cotton socks!

• 56 sparky55 // Oct 29, 2015 at 7:42 AM

firebug@ 8

very eloquently put may I say! 🙂

• 57 Ron Knee // Oct 29, 2015 at 7:46 AM

sparky
    Babes who think they’re clever sh*tes. How to explain the purchase of Thauvin, a player who’d been off form for a couple of seasons?

• 58 sparky55 // Oct 29, 2015 at 7:50 AM

Ron

They never look at ability and form…it’s all about what they perceive to be future values…they honestly thought they were getting him cheap

The mind boggles…but maybe we’re missing something…even the great Ginloa thinks this lad has got everything it takes (except pace of course!) 🙂

• 59 Ron Knee // Oct 29, 2015 at 7:54 AM

sparky
    I suspect he’s the type of player who would thrive in a team that’s playing well – which sadly isn’t the case with NUFC!

• 60 sparky55 // Oct 29, 2015 at 7:59 AM

Ron

Well he is French isn’t he!

Trenches and all that 🙂

• 61 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Oct 29, 2015 at 8:10 AM

Ron…that’s probably what will happen if we do spend!

previous post: Experts Predict Final Premier League Table – Some Big Surprises