The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Mark Hughes Gives His Opinion On Newcastle Team

9:30 am, Friday, October 30th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 97 Comments

Mark Hughes will be in the opposing dugout tomorrow and he has already been interviewed by the press for the game tomorrow and he gives his opinion on the Newcastle team we have.

Newcastle are stuck in second bottom place in the league table with just 6 points from 10 league games and we have already shipped 22 goals this season.

mark hughes stoke

Mark Hughes – Stoke City manager

Two years ago we won this game 5-1 and yes we were helped by the referee who kindly sent off two Stoke City players before half time.

Hey, maybe the referee will have some sympathy for what happened last Sunday at Sunderland – now there´s a nice thought.

This is what Mark has said about Newcastle and Steve McClaren:

“There’s huge demands. It seems to be a club that sways from one issue to another. Whoever is manager has to deal with that.”

“Obviously, Steve has been through these periods before.”  “It’s an opportunity at a big club which Steve would think he deserves given the career he’s had, and he will be looking to turn things round quickly.”

“They spent £40M to £50, and they haven’t brought bad players into the group, but it takes time for players to gel and maybe that hasn’t happened as quickly as everybody would have hoped.”

So that´s really the conventional wisdom on Newcastle – that our players are still acclimatising to the way the game is played in England.

It isn´t positive or negative but rather matter of fact.

It´s an important game after the stuff that went on last Sunday at Sunderland, so we hope we can win this game.

Another defeat would be really hard to take.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Stoke?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

What do you think?

Comments welcome,

Tags: Coaching · Newcastle News · Poll · Premier League · Press · Press Conference

97 responses so far ↓

• 1 Bambams // Oct 30, 2015 at 9:35 AM

Three points are a must against Stoke.
    We also must ensure we take points from the teams likely to be in this relegation battle throughout the season.
    I think this is going to be a difficult season – Again

• 2 Bambams // Oct 30, 2015 at 9:38 AM

I would rather play Lascelles rather than Colo at the minute. You could even try and play Colo DM instead of Colback.
    Just a suggestion. …

• 3 hibbitt // Oct 30, 2015 at 9:38 AM

munster …..aarons is just back in training and is in this group of 6 working with schoenmaker to improve stamina fitness and muscle fatigue ….in my mind the pre season we never had

• 4 Jib // Oct 30, 2015 at 9:46 AM

The midfielder we need is:-
    Francisco Román Alarcón Suárez

Better known as Isco.
    He’s fallen out bigstyle with Benitez and wants a move to the EPL.
    Come on Ian Cathro earn your corn !!!!

• 5 sing in the corner // Oct 30, 2015 at 9:46 AM

Well Tiote and Colo are right under the microscope now. Lot of pressure on them, but not the usual / preferable kind ( competition for places. Neither of these two players would be in the squad for me, but this is where we are, RELYING on players who, in my opinion, are past it second rate choices who posses questionable attitude and commitment, as far as PL standards go. I hope they do a professional job for the team on Saturday but they are a concern

• 6 geordieboy83 // Oct 30, 2015 at 9:52 AM

I would like to see
    Jaan. Mbemba. Lascelles. Dummet
    Sissoko Wini. Tiote Ayoze
    De. Jong. Mitrovic

Anita will be totally bypassed and be a passenger imo and de Jong gives us cleverness as well as height. And Perez I think should be able to do what gini has been doing out wide left with a license to roam

• 7 geordieboy83 // Oct 30, 2015 at 9:53 AM

• 8 catchy in norway // Oct 30, 2015 at 9:55 AM

Why are so many people still getting on the backs of Shteve. 10 matches into a season , and yes results have not changed but there is a huge difference in the club this season, Pardew had 4.5 years to implement a better way of playing , many different players to try and do so, Shteve has worked wonders with the players that have been here the whole time,you can see this team is playing for him, he is trying players to see what they are really like , Williamson is gone , he has no future at the club, Goofy is the next one out of the door , this is what fans wanted , he sees what we have been seeing.

We will win on sat

• 9 geordieboy83 // Oct 30, 2015 at 9:58 AM

Catchy I would agree with that but I’ll be totally honest mate I wanted willo to stay, limited ability granted but gave his all for us, and that’s first and foremost for me. I would’ve liked to have seen how willo done with mbemba tbh.

McLaren still has my confidence as I thoroughly enjoyed watching what I’ve seen of us so far, except the little score box in top left hand side of TV screen

• 10 Moonraker15 // Oct 30, 2015 at 9:59 AM

Isco would be anonymous in the PL and we’ve no chance of him coming to us! Why would he?

• 11 Moonraker15 // Oct 30, 2015 at 9:59 AM

• 12 JDdubai // Oct 30, 2015 at 10:01 AM

Its a tough call to make on the best side vs stoke.

Stoke arent the team of giants they were a couple of seasons ago but they are still very strong at set pieces, where we are horrendous still.

Maybe Lascelles at CB and Colo as DM might make things a bit tighter in the air in this particular match?

Think id go with

Sissoko Anita Wijnaldum
    Perez – Mitrovic

doubt this will look correct when i press send but lets see.

• 13 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Oct 30, 2015 at 10:06 AM

catchy…was that a rhetoric question mate? 😉

You need to swallow your pride lad and accept that this was not a good appointment…far from!

• 14 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Oct 30, 2015 at 10:07 AM

• 15 Jib // Oct 30, 2015 at 10:07 AM

It has to be said by way of clarification that Willo hasn’t left , he’s gone to Wolves on one months emergency loan which suits all parties.
    He’s gone not only for his PL experience as a player but because Wolves have an unusually young squad and it was felt an older cooler head would be of benefit.

• 16 catchy in norway // Oct 30, 2015 at 10:21 AM

It’s got nothing to do with pride, I honestly believe he is a good appointment in the same way I thought P45 was a bad one.

• 17 lesh // Oct 30, 2015 at 10:24 AM

On Willo

I can’t really understand why some folk seem delighted that he’s gone out on loan when our CB cover is minimal and we can’t add to the squad until January – if that’s even guaranteed to happen.

It’s not just Willo they want out or are pleased when certain players are suspended or injured – does the question of who’s to step in for those players ever occur to them? It seems not and such a short term view is commensurate with that of our owner and his glorified cha-wallah of an MD – very very risky.

• 18 lesh // Oct 30, 2015 at 10:26 AM

So Wolves need an older head to support their young squad?

Sounds just like our needs at CB and DM.

• 19 Bobbybee // Oct 30, 2015 at 10:26 AM

Well said catchy, you’ve pretty much nailed it marra. Anybody who can’t see the improvement in the play, compared to the last few seasons either isn’t watching our games or just enjoys whinging for the sake of it. Bit by bit he’s working out who can or can’t adapt to his philosophy and acting accordingly. He has to reduce the squad numbers before he can buy in January, which is what he’s doing now, and then he can bring in better players – which was part of the plan many have already forgotten. He might not have been ready for the England job when it came along, but he was certainly considered good enough and he’s worked abroad since then. How many other English managers have done that? Sir Bobby for one and it did him no harm. Given time – which he will get off Ashley – he will turn the club round. Three windows he wanted and three windows he’ll get. By then, we’ll have a team to challenge the best. Right now he can only work with what he’s got and he’s got them playing football. Real, pass and move football. This first season will be difficult because the squad wasn’t good enough, but once he’s brought in players he wants and discarded the waste, we’ll have a team to be proud of. He’s not Ashley’s ‘yes man’ either – he’s his own man who’ll do it his own way. He just needs time.

• 20 Fostino // Oct 30, 2015 at 10:28 AM

Lascalles is pants. Can only see colo being replaced in till Taylor cones back. What a total crock of a player Taylor is. It’s time to rid colo of that captains armband. Under his captaincy with the excreption of one season has seen us dangle over relegation. He deserves to be punished for last week. If the manager wants to build the team around sissoko then give him the armband. I think it’s pointless giving it to janmaat. He’s not going to inspire others like perhaps sissoko can

• 21 lesh // Oct 30, 2015 at 10:28 AM

Knowing Hughes was a physical player, he’ll no doubt have his players well drilled in that area and there’s a high risk that another red’s likely.

• 22 lesh // Oct 30, 2015 at 10:31 AM

I wonder if we’ve loaned Willo to Wolves to curry favour in regard to us bringing in one of their players in January?

• 23 catchy in norway // Oct 30, 2015 at 10:31 AM

Lesh for me it is simple, he simply isn’t good enough. I would rather play a 16 year old with no experience than willo, he is 6ft 4 and can not head a ball, he is slow , does not read the game, at least a kid might learn from the opertunity.

By sending him away takes away the temptation to use him.

I’m 100% behind that

• 24 Jib // Oct 30, 2015 at 10:32 AM

I actually have nightmares imagining what some of the proposed candidates for the job would have done with NUFC if they had been appointed.
    Tuchel , Garde , or any of the continentals would be really struggling
    a. to improve this squad as well as SM has.
    b. to keep the fans onside

Klopps honeymoon period is coming to an end , the smiles on Merseyside are already looking a bit forced .
    Liverpool supporting friends of mine are saying they perceive no difference from the Rodgers sides , you cannot say that about McClaren.

• 25 Fostino // Oct 30, 2015 at 10:32 AM

A midfield trio of tote sissoko and wini could be very good. Need to get tiote ticking again. A good dm is key. Just look at Chelsea and matic. .They badly miss him this yr as he’s not in form. This allows perez on one wing and rolando and thauvin to fight it out for the other wing.

• 26 Fostino // Oct 30, 2015 at 10:35 AM

New cb and a lb is key in January. Willo..Taylor ..haidira…colo..can’t be relied on.

• 27 Bobbybee // Oct 30, 2015 at 10:39 AM

I’d give Wijnaldum the captaincy, simply because he’s the best player we’ve got. Let him lead by example and as I’ve already noticed, he’s not frightened to open his mouth when required. He’s clearly our most talented player and one others will look up to.

• 28 catchy in norway // Oct 30, 2015 at 10:41 AM

Gb83 / bb

Under p45 we had no foundation on how to perform , it was mostly luck and dogged defending that got results, we played poor and still got smashed, now we play good football , the foundation is in place results will improve , and so will the players over time, the whole club will improve at all levels with the team we now have in place , the feel good factor will come back

• 29 beermonkey // Oct 30, 2015 at 10:43 AM

been steering clear of all thing toon for a week or so
    so have a couple of questions

did the club appeal colo’s red????
    and anthing of interest come out of the fans forum meeting

• 30 Ibizatoon // Oct 30, 2015 at 10:49 AM

Bobby…”Anybody who can’t see the improvement in the play, compared to the last few seasons either isn’t watching our games or just enjoys whinging for the sake of it.” – A bit insulting, no? What happened to respecting others opinions?

I think the majority recognise that the style of play has improved from that under Pardew.

Jib…To be fair to Klopp, I don’t think his season starts for another 10-12 games. I think they’re still doing their pre-season friendlies, it’s only 3 games after all, Rome wasn’t built in a day…

Catchy…”Shteve has worked wonders with the players that have been here the whole time,you can see this team is playing for him” We’ll forget the £40-50m of players that Mcclaren has benefitted from. We’ll also put aside that three of them (Mitro, Wijnaldum and Thauvin) are in the top 5 of Newcastles most expensive players ever.

• 31 nufc 11 // Oct 30, 2015 at 10:56 AM

Mbabu Colo Mbeama Dummet
    Janmatt Gini

Mitrovic Perez

• 32 hibbitt // Oct 30, 2015 at 11:00 AM

bobby …….it might look better but we are still getting beat…. till we start winning the improvements are only cosmetic…..bobby i go to every game and have done for over 40 years

• 33 Fostino // Oct 30, 2015 at 11:00 AM

I’m not buying this style if plays improved rubbish. Results have been horrendous. Pardew proved what a good manager he is. Credit where it’s due. He had too many restraints imposed on him here. He’s in the results industry and sometimes you can’t play good entertaining football with average players. I obv hope mcclaren does good but im worried so far by early mistakes I. E. To award colo new contract and keep as captain. To buy in thauvin and not use him when a c. B. And l.b. is the priority. Also to let abeid go who I feel was prob our best current dm as we badly need one. Tiote..Anita and even colback are not good enough I think. Also for not moving on the likes of goofy. .Willo. .marvo..cisse..bigi..These players are deadwood. Give rolando..Armstrong a chance.

• 34 Bobbybee // Oct 30, 2015 at 11:02 AM

Can’t wait to see who January brings through the door if I’m honest. The jury is still out with Thauvin, but the other 75% have all been excellent. Even Toney, bought for the future, is banging in goals for the U21’s. If the reported amount of money to spend is correct, then we have an average of over £15m to spend on every position on the pitch. By next summer players will be wanting to join us because they’ll see us as an upwardly mobile club for once. Change takes time. We’ve been patient long enough so another year won’t kill us. I trust Macca to deliver his promises in a way I’ve never trusted Ashley or Pardew. The only way is up!

• 35 Fostino // Oct 30, 2015 at 11:14 AM

Bobby bee

I think Ashley has loosened his grip and the purse is open. Mcclaren is not delivering. He’s lucky that he has a chairman who’ll give him a chance as to be honest his Derby county record shoukd not have Warrented the job. He’s not strong enough I feel. Doesn’t make 5he tough decisions discipline is very bad etc. We’re dwindling towards relegation at the moment.

• 36 martoon // Oct 30, 2015 at 11:15 AM

I have never understood all the hate towards Colback, The lad puts in a shift every game and does all the unseen dirty work of chasing and harrying to win the ball back. You mark my words we are going to miss him over the next few weeks!

• 37 Mister Tuff // Oct 30, 2015 at 11:16 AM

geordieboy83 // Oct 30, 2015 at 9:53 AM
    Theres more chance of JFA, Mr tuff, you and welshie getting together for weekly friendly pints than us signing isco.

geordieboy83 re your previous post – I would think you are correct.
    I would be drinking pints, I suspect Jail would be supping pints as well.
    Whereas Jib Jibberish would be guzzling cheap cider or a Babycham and the fool from the Valleys would be drinking a milk shake.

• 38 Jib // Oct 30, 2015 at 11:16 AM

A blind man on a galloping horse can see the changes are the opposite of cosmetic , they are profound and fundamental .

Anyone can see the whole training and playing philosophy of the club has changed.

Blackley is living proof that ownership of a season ticket and going to every game for 40 years is no guarantee of knowing wtf you are talking about.

• 39 hibbitt // Oct 30, 2015 at 11:16 AM

bobby ……not if we don’t start winning games we need points to stay in the prem

• 40 Bobbybee // Oct 30, 2015 at 11:18 AM

Ibiza, I always respect others opinions, but are you telling me that there are no bloggers who just whine for the sake of it? Just because I respect others opinions doesn’t mean I have to agree with them ffs. It’s a blog pal, I’ll say what the f#ck I like and I certainly don’t need your permission to say it. Yesterday I was abused for an opinion – didn’t see much respect there, did you? You should concentrate on your own opinions and leave mine to me. In my opinion, the football is many times better than the last few seasons and results will follow. Now either I’ll be right or wrong – time will tell – but don’t you ever tell me what I can or can’t write. Some people on here will never be happy because they’re miserable in life in general. I say it how I see it and if you don’t like it, ask me if I give a shit.

• 41 hibbitt // Oct 30, 2015 at 11:19 AM

jib…….10 games 6 points when we start winning you can talk about improvement

• 42 reilly // Oct 30, 2015 at 11:26 AM

good streaming site,works good on windows.
    enjoy while it lasts.

• 43 Bobbybee // Oct 30, 2015 at 11:28 AM

Hibbitt, I’m 58 mate, I understand how it works by now. Yes, we need points, but points will come mate. The better the football gets, the more points we’ll pick up. One comes before the other usually. I have total faith in Macca’s philosophy but if I ‘m wrong, I stand to be shot to pieces – and no doubt I will be by some of the vindictive bloggers on here. The difference being, when we do climb up the table, you won’t hear me shouting ‘I told you so’. You’re like me – we’ve seen how bad it can get – and this isn’t it. (Assuming you went when we were getting crowds of less than 8k). I genuinely believe results will follow 100%. Let’s just wait and see eh?

• 44 Ibizatoon // Oct 30, 2015 at 11:29 AM

Bobby…Not sure my post warranted such a response to be completely honest. I understand you’re probably in some pain at the minute, so with your permission, I’ll put it down to that.

Saying if people don’t see what you see are either “not watching our games or just enjoys whinging for the sake of it” is hardly being respectful of others opinions, in my opinion of course.

I only mention it as you have told me to be more respectful towards others opinions in the past, for merely stating my opinion and calling it as I see it.

I cannot comment on yesterdays posts as I didn’t see them.

As for bloggers who whine just for the sake of it. I can see how that can be perceived at times, I don’t agree with it though. There will of course be the odd exception.

“You should concentrate on your own opinions and leave mine to me”

As you say Bobby, “It’s a blog pal”, perhaps what you’re looking for is a diary?

I’m not looking to argue with you. Perhaps we can adjust the tone?

• 45 catchy in norway // Oct 30, 2015 at 11:30 AM

You can definitely look at it that way , but I could also point out the money NUFC received for the likes of cabaye and debuchy Carroll , p45 had good players also but other than 6 games when HBA was playing with cabaye , we played poor football,

3 new players do not make a team ,

Also , hand on heart , would you honestly trust p45 with these players , Mitro would just be another one of our starved strikers, Gini would end up a 3rd DMC Along with Colback and tiote , chance would be at LB because colo and willo are his preferred CB , and florian would be on the bench being told you must defend,

The guy was a joke, at least we get to see football now, the players are in the right positions supporting each other

• 46 Fostino // Oct 30, 2015 at 11:31 AM

We cant do much worse without him which to me says a lot. He’s a 7 out of 10 player. He’s never going to grab a game and change it. A good squad player but what are we striving for as a club. .Top or bottom of the table. He’s in a key position

• 47 davis_toons // Oct 30, 2015 at 11:34 AM

If we are missing Colback due to his Defensive Mid job, then clearly shows that we need a Good DM badly.

Colback is a bit like Jonas the float.

• 48 hibbitt // Oct 30, 2015 at 11:34 AM

bobby ……….take it easy lad you blow hot and cold with this respect lark yes you show respect but only when someone agrees with you otherwise there fools or telling you what to do were on a blog so many opinions on here we even have a few devious mackems who like to mix it up just relax and enjoy it for what it is

• 49 lesh // Oct 30, 2015 at 11:35 AM

We haven’t heard owt about the FF meeting – there’s no minutes as yet – Charnley’s not issued them – he’s had to prioritise his work since the tea-lady retired!

• 50 Ibizatoon // Oct 30, 2015 at 11:38 AM

Catchy…I think to compare the two, it’s an important factor.

Truth is, I have little desire to compare the two, Paredew is gone and Mcclaren is what we have.

I don’t dispute the coaching is better or that our style of play is improving. It’s no wonder with a half sensible coaching team put in place, rather than the Pardew and local club of Carver and Co (to help him understand what NUFC means).

That’s all great. I am genuinely concerned about time lines to start getting results, but that has noithing to do with Pardew, or signings, just where we are and what we need now.

My comment was just top put out there that Steve has benefitted from a new club policy, whereas you have said he’s working the exact same tools as Pardew.

• 51 jimmysmith // Oct 30, 2015 at 11:39 AM

Bet his name comes up every time a new manager is discussed by Charnley et al. Certainly the McClaren or Pardew type.

Not that he’d need the money, minted apparently, real estate, much like Robbie Fowler, and certainly he doesn’t need the aggravation. Although maybe the challenge might interest him.

Stoke ain’t Newcastle, but let’s not kid ourselves, Pardew, McClaren, Hughes, they are all much of a much ness, and perhaps Pardew the best of the lot.
    Because really, what the f@ck do we really know?

• 52 hibbitt // Oct 30, 2015 at 11:41 AM

bobby … me you will have heard the saying to good to go down …………you and i both know no team is to good to go down 10 games gone 6 points is a big worry

• 53 Bobbybee // Oct 30, 2015 at 11:43 AM

Fostino, I think you’ll find the players brought in this time were long term targets before Macca even came aboard mate. Next time, as a board member he’ll have more say. He inherited the worst team in the PL and therefore has a mountain to climb. Anybody who thought it would change overnight is either delusional or still in nappies – you can’t do it. If you can”t give him time, who would you suggest? I recall many peple screaming for sherwood. ( stifled giggle) . He’s in place for a while, like it or not. Football has improved immensley already, what makes you think he’ll go into reverse? (Serious question). Blogs are strange places. I can’t understand why people won’t back Macca, being as he’s manager of our team. Others can’t see why I trust him. That’s life in general mate.

• 54 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Oct 30, 2015 at 11:53 AM

Bobby…you’ll most likely be wrong…and you probably won’t like it!

Catchy…lets see where we are mate after the next four games…I think they will be very telling of where we’ll end up.

In terms of quality in how we play I am mot sure I agree it’s for the better. There’s more passing I’ll agree, but that doesn’t seem for most parts to be for the better 😉

I think it’s quite clear we got the wrong side of the coin of tho one.

• 55 catchy in norway // Oct 30, 2015 at 11:57 AM

I think the real point is that P45 was just a yes man, and bent over backwards to accommodate his master for a pay check, he did not have the balls to stand up for what was right for the club,

In my book it makes him a coward, which I already new.

It looks like Shteve has put a list of demands in before he took the job,

Smart man

• 56 BandB // Oct 30, 2015 at 12:02 PM

Don’t worry mate…I think I’ve got this for you….

Fellow bloggers

There’s a man here, Bobbybee, who is just trying to express his opinion.
    Can’t say fairer than that.
    So if you would kindly stop behaving like spoiled children and expressing opinions he disagrees with, he won’t by forced, against his fair-minded and pleasant nature, to call you a whinger and a moron.

• 57 jimmysmith // Oct 30, 2015 at 12:04 PM

Alan Pardew is no coward. He’s fought and battled and struggled all his life.

• 58 Toon-Prodigy // Oct 30, 2015 at 12:04 PM

I don’t think much has changed at all. We are still struggling arn’t we at present? When we miss key players we struggle and the benefit of spending 50 million on dubious positions because of the transfer policies here hasn’t seen a great deal of progress yet.

I see Pardew being brought up again, why? He was restricted here and had the worst injury record I’v ever known over two years at a club with very poor investment. Infact, zero backing for which he wanted to build here. It’s impossible to know how much he could of really done here giving the right backing. This argument should of been left a long time ago.

Steve has had new players given to him and we have kept our so called stars. We are still short so I will decide after January when the second part of the apparant new transfer strategy has finished.

In my mind it’s the board that has caused the problems over the last 7 years not the manager or coaches. It is those which havn’t pushed us on and left us vulnerable all over the park. Until that changes it dosn’t matter who is coaching the team if they have restrictions placed on them like that.

• 59 Bobbybee // Oct 30, 2015 at 12:05 PM

I always respect others opinions, but it seems I’m the one not allowed one here. IN MY OPINION anybody who can’t see the improvement isn’t watching or just whines regardless. Now like that or not, it’s my opinion and I ‘m respectful enough not to name names – unlike some of the peurile shyte we have to put up with on here. Just because it might not agree with your opinion, doesn’t make it less valid. I’m not saying ‘you’re wrong, or he’s wrong’, I’m simply expressing an opinion. MY OPINION. If my opinion doesn’t match yours, don’t take it so personally, but if you then attack me for it, expect it back double. Please feel free to point out where I have attacked anybody without provocation and I will humbly apologise. Yes, I am in incredible pain and maybe I am a bit touchy, but I can still express an opinion. If my opinion offends, then maybe I’m not the only touchy one one on here. Unless I name names, like the kind of immature abuse Jidb gets, then it’s simply an opinion. Surely that ‘s not That difficult to understand?
    Hibbitt, no team is too good to go down, but in my opinion, we will start picking up points soon enough. You might not agree with that and that’s fine, but am I not entitled to that opinion? I’m not insulting anybody with that opinion am I?

• 60 sweendog // Oct 30, 2015 at 12:06 PM

Next 4 games will define our season, 3 wins and we’ll be out of a relegation battle, and with that come Jan we’ll be able to attract the right calibre of player we need, especially a DM, nevermind one or 2 CBs and hopefully top half of table.
    If the players play anything like last saturday this weekend with no sending offs I see us winning.

• 61 BandB // Oct 30, 2015 at 12:07 PM

….and in he plops…

• 62 Bobbybee // Oct 30, 2015 at 12:07 PM

For Jidb read Jib.

• 63 sweendog // Oct 30, 2015 at 12:12 PM

Toon-Prodigy .. think you’re right, except I’m still of the belief that Pardew isn’t a good coach, IMO he overtrains players in pre-season, the team generally starts well but they end up having burn out and injuries around christmas.
    Then his defensive tactics kick in and the team can’t win for diamonds.

Key thing to realise it that you need 2 good players per position, we’ve never had that. Thats the boards fault.

• 64 catchy in norway // Oct 30, 2015 at 12:16 PM

Who did we lose under p45 that did not want to go ? Carroll maybe

• 65 jimmysmith // Oct 30, 2015 at 12:23 PM

Are you arguing losing those good players is down to Pardew?

Who do you imagine is buying this?

Cabaye plays for him at another club.

• 66 Bobbybee // Oct 30, 2015 at 12:25 PM

BandB, my opinions are as valid as anybody elses. Now, go back and show me where i call anybody a moron. My input began where I agreed with catchy and expressed an a opinion that if people can’t see the improvement, they either dont watch or just enjoy whining. I stand by that opinion 100%. There are bloggers who will whine at anything possible – fact. If anybody can’t see the difference between football this season and the last two – regardless of results – then carry on by all means. I don’t start crying when opinions I don’t agree with are posted, I either ignore them or give an alternative view. Like i say, show me where I personally insult anubody without provocation and I will humbly apologise. I won’t even insult you for being a smartarse. 😉

• 67 defenders needed // Oct 30, 2015 at 12:29 PM

Well I said it last week now I’ll say it again last week. I believe due to our shaky defence we need to adapt to a Brendan Rodgers stile play until we hopefully purchase a big CB who is either proven in the premier league or the bundesleague. The only difference to the team I said last week I would change colo the clown for lascellas. Playing this style alows your fb to still push forward but your always guarenteed 3 at the back. My team would be;

————Mbemba –lascellas– Dummit—————

• 68 BandB // Oct 30, 2015 at 12:30 PM

This is your argument. It goes.

“I don’t insult people by calling them idiots and wingers and morons. I just say it’s my opinion that they are whingers, and idiots and morons, and that makes it alright, because anyone who denies me my opinion is oppressing me.”

You are a “did see spill my pint!!!” bore.

• 69 bettyswallocks // Oct 30, 2015 at 12:35 PM

Bobby……. I admire your passion, commitment and positive outlook for the future of our club. I can also see fundamental changes in our playing style which hopefully is evolving into a method of attacking play which we will adopt permanently.

Don’t be influenced by other bloggers who use this forum for their own non football- related agendas son. My advice is say what you mean and mean what you say. HWTL.

• 70 Bobbybee // Oct 30, 2015 at 12:37 PM

BandB, sorry you lack the intelligence to see the difference between an opinion and a personal attack. My argument seldom involves individuals, but you have it your way, see how much I give a toss. By the way, what the hell does that gibberish mean at the end? Bit early to be on the plonk innit? ‘Did see spill my pint?’ Very intellectual – in your house anyway i suppose.

• 71 Toon-Prodigy // Oct 30, 2015 at 12:39 PM

I agree on Pardew in that he is not an amazing coach or anything like that, I just think he is a mid-table coach who was working under serious restrictions at NUFC. We had no ambition to push on and build anything. We lost top players because of that lack of ambition instead of showing them that we were wanting to push on and try and win something.

We shouldn’t be in this mess to start with though and this is with the neglect of the squad over Pardew and Carver’s reign. They are scrambling only now to correct it which shows where the blame actually sits for me.

McClaren has had a few decent players added but now they all need time to get it right I guess. I do think we will be ok though once these new signings start adapting and more investment is made in January.

It is because of the board though and neglect over the last however many years why we are struggling though, not any manager or coach.

The board has created alot of problems which we shouldn’t really of had to begin with and now the gaps need to be plugged.

• 72 BandB // Oct 30, 2015 at 12:40 PM

That’s just spellcheck having a larf…..
    I couldn’t be arsed to explain.

• 73 Ibizatoon // Oct 30, 2015 at 12:43 PM

Bobby…So it’s that you don’t name names that makes your post respectful?

I disagree. By not naming names, you’re grouping together everyone who fell outside of your criteria, which was in this instance, they don’t see the same footballing style improvements as you.

For what it’s worth, I’m not part of that grouping, I can see improvements, and didn’t take any offence to the original post. Just pointing out, as you do seem to preach that the blog be fair (quite rightly too) and respectful.

I’m sorry, whether it’s just your opinion or not, doesn’t make your conclusion that those who don’t agree either don’t watch the games (most do) or just enjoy whinging, respectful.

I haven’t attacked your opinion. I simply highlighted that I thought you were being disrespectful.

Perhaps you could help me to understand the situation by explaining to me why you were so outraged by me sharing ‘my opinion’ previously on the boycotts? I thought you found it to be disrespectful, but I was only sharing my opinion.

I should probably jump ahead quickly and state that it was also just ‘my opinion’ that those still attending were part of the problem. I think you took particular issue to that part.

Again Bobby, I’m not looking to argue or attack. Its called a discussion, no offense is meant.

• 74 Ibizatoon // Oct 30, 2015 at 12:48 PM

Catchy…We’re still on Pardew? 🙂

“It looks like Shteve has put a list of demands in before he took the job”

Let’s hope so and that they get stuck to. Oh, and that the demands are the right ones.

Honestly, I don’t have anything against Mcclaren. You wont like this comment, but I view him as extremely similar to Pardew, in the sense that neither are the worst, and neither are the best. There will be things that McClaren is better at, style of play appears to be one of those. Then again, does he have a better team of coaches around him?

Oh damn you Catchy, I don’t want to debate Pardew/Mcclaren ! Can’t a guy just post some additional (and factual) info? 🙂

• 75 Bobbybee // Oct 30, 2015 at 12:49 PM

Betty, cheers marra. Nobody on here will ever change my opinion without sound argument. ‘Did see spill my pint’ isn’t it. Does it even make sense? My football opinions are built up over 50 years of going to games and although that doesn’t make me right, I still fail to see who I ‘ve insulted by expressing an opinion. The football is so much better under Macca, yet those screaming Pardew out and Ashley out would argue it isn’t! Some people you can’t please any time and they ‘re who I refer to as professional whingers. Jib takes an inordinate amout of personal abuse, yet do you hear these saints ever complain about that? Nope! They tend to join in. Hypocrites is a word that jumps to mind. Divn’t worry aboot me bonny lad, I’ll hold my own with any of them, but your support is always appreciated. Ihave noticed that the ones with the most to say don ‘t even go to games, so why would I give a toss what they say anyway. 😉

• 76 Ibizatoon // Oct 30, 2015 at 12:50 PM

Can I clarify something…I was discussing respect, not attacks.

There are differences between stating an opinion and attacking someone (of course), much like there is a difference between a respectful opinion and a disrespectful one.

• 77 Mister Tuff // Oct 30, 2015 at 12:53 PM

Bobbybee – do you have an opinion upon the filth, abuse, homophobia, zenophobia that Jib spews out to others on the blog.
    I ask as you have made reference to the childish abuse that he is subjected to by others.

• 78 BandB // Oct 30, 2015 at 12:54 PM

Bobby bee

I think betty is probably about to point out that no-one was screaming Ashley Out louder than him five months ago, and he was always slapping me on the back.
    Though in fairness to him, he was a staunch Ashley apologist before he changed his mind. He is a teeny bit of a turncoat.

• 79 jimmysmith // Oct 30, 2015 at 12:55 PM

Bobby, I want to believe just like you. But believing doesn’t necessarily make it so. It requires commitment, expertise and money, as a given, a pre requisite, to succeed in a league where 17 other entirely capable teams are desperately trying to stop you from achieving any success at all.

You might forgive the scepticism of those who fail to see that necessary commitment, expertise and investment so far, or indeed ever.

• 80 Ibizatoon // Oct 30, 2015 at 12:57 PM

Reading this thread I can’t help but feel that perhaps people would be much better off actually stating who it is they’re talking about.

Betty…”other bloggers who use this forum for their own non football- related agendas” – Who and what agendas are they?

Bobby…”yet those screaming Pardew out and Ashley out would argue it isn’t” – Again, who? Are you aware that there were quite differing groups of support for the two different ‘Pardew’ and then the ‘Ashley’ out movements? They are not the same group of people.

• 81 bettyswallocks // Oct 30, 2015 at 1:04 PM

Bobby……… We can all have differing opinions on how the club is run, which players leave and come in and what is our best starting eleven . However there are certain individuals on here who are hoping that we lose and/or play badly to back up their own arguments. This to me shows up those that are true dedicated fans and those that are not. You certainly are without question a true fan in my book.

• 82 Tsunki // Oct 30, 2015 at 1:06 PM

Bobbybee I’m only a few years shy of you and prone to a fair amount of juvenility BUT those veins sticking out on your forehead suggest an impending thrombo, it’s ok to have an opinion but when you start swinging your hammers at a poster like Ibiza I think your plot is in danger of being mislaid.

• 83 Tsunki // Oct 30, 2015 at 1:08 PM

• 84 Bobbybee // Oct 30, 2015 at 1:10 PM

Ibiza, I’ll willingly tell you why your opinion on boycotts annoys me. You don’t go to any games, so what exactly are you going to boycott? You don’t buy official merchandise in case it goes into Ashley’s pocket and support the buying of black n white shirts without the badge. The badge is what makes a shirt. Don’t give me the usual shyte about wonga either, there are dozens of shirts with the club crest on that don’t have wonga on them. So, you want me, who’s followed the toon before you were born, to boycott my team, for your crap agenda that I don’t agree with. Are you intelligent enough to understand why that bugs me? So, just as a matter of course, you tell me how YOU support NUFC? You don’t go. You don’t buy merchandise. In fact, you do f# ck all to support the club, yet tell me I’m part of the problem because I buy my ST every season without fail. Seriously, do you realise how stupid you sound? You FOLLOW Newcastle, but contribute ZERO. THAT’S why I don’t agree with your stupid boycott joke. I follow the lads on the pitch and couldn’t give two tosses about the politics. Can you guarantee that whoever Ashley sells to will be better? No, you can’t. Just as I can’t guarantee he’ll be worse, but the changes he’s making now give me more confidence. People who claim to boycott, but in reality have never gone are just bandwagon jumpers. Despite what you so called friends told you, the biggest protest was 3-400 max. I know, I went. Did you? As usual, no. Does that about cover it?

• 85 Ibizatoon // Oct 30, 2015 at 1:12 PM

Betty…When did this become about real fans, or any level of fans really?

• 86 bettyswallocks // Oct 30, 2015 at 1:13 PM

Ibiza……. BandB depending on her mood on any given day looks to provoke arguments on here to practise her debating skills and offload her personal frustrations. Many of these arguments are not football related and instigated to meet her own personal agenda.

BandB…… My opinions of Ashley have always been the same , but I am not obsessed with his tenure to the detriment of hoping that my team do well on the pitch.

• 87 Toonfan8 // Oct 30, 2015 at 1:14 PM

Just imagine if we were in that season, when we finished fifth and we had brough talents like Mitrovic,Mbemba,Wijnaldum then…in that team arround Cabaye,Ba,Ben Arfa,Jose Enrique,Collocini,Krul,Tiote…we have to build that team and spirit now and brought another quality CB,CM at least in january…then FB,WG,CF and another CM in the summer window…and we will have some team, but we need to hang on Wijnaldum,Sissoko,Perez,Mitrovic,Mbemba, thats the core now…

• 88 bladeuser // Oct 30, 2015 at 1:16 PM

U r what is wrong with nufc
    So u want willo to stay
    It’s one or the other either u r a complete idiot or u r an air head where football is concerned some of u lot are priceless no wonder this club is laughed at

• 89 Ibizatoon // Oct 30, 2015 at 1:19 PM

Bobby…Are you saying then that it was my opinion that annoyed you, and that it wasn’t that it was disrespectful?

I can take the fact you didn’t like my opinion. I don’t like some of yours. At least that gives us a level playing field.

I am a supporter of Newcastle United FC. Have been for a good few years now. I supported some of my fellow NUFC fans during the boycotts, as in my opinion, it was the right thing to do.

You hit the nail on the head, I had already boycotted buying club merchandise. In my opinion, that was / is the right thing to do for me. I clearly can’t boycott it again, for the occasion. I continued my personal boycott and offered support the best way I knew how and given my geographical location.

Thank you for pointing out just how stupid I sound. It had been lost on me, but together we can get there.

You seem to have one set of rules for yourself and another for others. You mention hypocrisy, so I presume you know what it means.

Does this simply boil down to that you don’t think I should be allowed an opinion, as I’m not a real fan in your eyes?

Let’s not forget, I’ve only stated my opinion.

• 90 Bobbybee // Oct 30, 2015 at 1:21 PM

Tsunki. Really? Ibiza the great who contributes f#ck all to NUFC. He’s a trouble maker towards the club I love, demanding boycotts when he never goes or buys merchandise. He’s not a Newcastle supporter mate, he follows us from a distance, yet feels he has the right to tell me I ‘m part of the problem because I’m a long serving ST holder. At least fans like our Aussie mate makes the effort once a season – now he is a proper fan making that kind of effort. Ditto our Amarican friends. They don’t hide behind lame excuses like ‘i don’t like the owner.’ He is the pinnacle of a plastic fan. Dead simple.

• 91 Ibizatoon // Oct 30, 2015 at 1:24 PM

Betty…BandBs “personal frustrations”. Do you mean her frustrations with the football club or just in her personal life?

Again, any idea what this personal agenda is? I find BandB to be quite direct really. I don’t think she’s ever tried to hide away the reason she’s on here. It’s not to make friends, she cares about NUFC.

• 92 Ibizatoon // Oct 30, 2015 at 1:27 PM

That clarifies that then.

Just to clarify further. The Aussie I presume is expatmag? The American being Dok?

• 93 sing in the corner // Oct 30, 2015 at 1:33 PM

From the outside looking in your earlier out of the blue comment to Bobby and the ‘disrespectful, no?’ bit seemed to be like you had been waiting for him to say something you could pounce on, on the topic you two have argued about in the past – opinions. Then to make allowances for him being in pain seemed, in my opinion I hasten to add, a bit patronising. I am aware, though, how sometimes things can come across in type, so er, I’ll make allowances.

• 94 bettyswallocks // Oct 30, 2015 at 1:34 PM

I believe that our club is going through change at the moment , hopefully for the better and as many have realised the style of football is becoming more appealing and developing some consistency. The results haven’t gone our way but with no method then results are even harder to achieve and based on grinding, uninspiring performances.

There is a long way to go and a lot more to do before Ashley gets any slaps on the back from me, but we have campaigned for many years for a change in philosophy on the pitch and I intend to keep an open mind until it is apparent again that we are stagnating as a competetive club.

• 95 Ibizatoon // Oct 30, 2015 at 1:39 PM

sing…I saw the comment and it jumped out at me. Along with Catchys and Jibs. I haven’t been waiting for it, but do have a memory.

The latter part wasn’t meant to be patronising, I was trying to offer an out.

I do think it’s a big blog issue at the moment, possibly from both sides, hypocricy. Bobby whole heartedly believes he has been respectful, as he has said he is only stating his opinion. I think it’s reasonable to request why then that my posts, stating my opinion, aren’t also.

Thanks for the allowances. I’ll try not to take the piss.

• 96 bettyswallocks // Oct 30, 2015 at 1:44 PM

Ibiza….. During the Ashley out Campaign, BandB contributed tirelessly and with passion as you yourself did. I was completely supportive of her and I let her know with an apology from my earlier opinion of her , that I no longer believed she was on here only to air her profanities and practise her journalistic skills.

However since she attacked me for having a bit of banter with Geordietwo completely unprovoked , I have now realised that she craves controversy and seems to latch onto it at every opportunity.

• 97 Ibizatoon // Oct 30, 2015 at 1:50 PM

Betty…Perhaps she was offering G2 some support. She may have misread the situation? I don’t know. Does that differ from you offering your support to Bobby? Do I take it that you are trying to cause further controversy between him and I? Of course not, you’re standing up for / defending who you think needed it.

You may not like her style, however, I think you are so off the mark with regards to her intentions for the blog.

previous post: Is This Newcastle´s Best Team For Stoke City?

next post: Newcastle Have Huge Opportunity Against Stoke