The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Newcastle Striker In Big Demand

1:35 pm, Friday, October 30th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 26 Comments

Newcastle United youngster Ivan Toney has had a good start to his Newcastle career and has been impressive for the Newcastle U21 team scoring five goals in just seven appearances and has done well in the three appearances he has already made for the Newcastle first team.

Head coach Steve McClaren has been deciding what’s best for Ivan – whether to send him out on loan or keep him training with the Newcastle first team and the 19 year-old is willing to do whatever McClaren thinks is best for his development.

Ivan Toney +Newcastle+United+v+Northampton+e3yJRlrUVp_l

Ivan Toney – Wolves want youngster on loan

Mike Williamson has joined Championship club Wolves on loan for a month and there is news today that they are also interested in taking Ivan Toney on loan.

The news is from Miles Starforth of the Shields Gazette who put the information out on his Twitter account.

If Wolves are interested then we’re sure other clubs from the Championship down would love to take the impressive youngster on loan – if only Newcastle would allow it.

It’s important for any youngster to get first team games so they can continue their development and while at Northampton Town the impressive youngster played 60 games with 13 goals.

Maybe sending Ivan out on a one month loan initially would be a good move and then depending on how he does and how our striker situation is,  McClaren could then decide whether he continues on loan at Wolves.

What do you think?

Tags: Ivan Toney · Loan Moves · Newcastle News · Newcastle Youth

26 responses so far ↓

• 1 dok - the horrid colonial // Oct 30, 2015 at 1:51 PM

gmorning all, from the dark side of the pond…

what is hells name am I waking up to?

• 2 beddersmag // Oct 30, 2015 at 1:52 PM

Losing respect for Shearer. He has always been my hero and legend as a player but useless pundit and needs to get behind the team. I dont remember him winning us many games in charge and seems silly to citicise open coms when we have argued for years this is best practice.

Tiote gets some stick but he played he first half and thats the most solid we have looked in a good while. Get him fit and firing and hes a starter every time for me. No-one else has done that job half as well since Perch left. Goes under the radar but does decent destructive job for me.

• 3 dok - the horrid colonial // Oct 30, 2015 at 1:54 PM

bedders, to be honest, look at the spot and side shearer came into…

• 4 bettyswallocks // Oct 30, 2015 at 1:55 PM

Ibiza…….. From previous thread. During the Ashley out Campaign BandB contributed tirelessly with genuine passion as you yourself did. I was fully supportive of her and let her know with an apology that I no longer considered her as someone who came on here to air her profanities and practise her journalistic skills.

However since she attacked me very aggressively , completely unprovoked and out of the blue for having a bit of banter with Geordietwo. I now realise that she has a craving for controversy and perhaps her agenda is not as sincere as I thought.

At least Bobbybee is totally sincere with his comments.

• 5 Ibizatoon // Oct 30, 2015 at 1:58 PM

Ibizatoon // Oct 30, 2015 at 1:50 PM

Betty…Perhaps she was offering G2 some support. She may have misread the situation? I don’t know. Does that differ from you offering your support to Bobby? Do I take it that you are trying to cause further controversy between him and I? Of course not, you’re standing up for / defending who you think needed it.

You may not like her style, however, I think you are so off the mark with regards to her intentions for the blog.

• 6 beddersmag // Oct 30, 2015 at 2:07 PM

Agreed but we nearly went down last year too, and new players will need time to bed in. Not really trying to defend anyone its just “call me old fashioned” but I think we should pull in the same direction, and its just not helping all his public digs.

• 7 hibbitt // Oct 30, 2015 at 2:16 PM

bobby …you talk of plastic fans yet you line up with the mackem jib/jane/jeff the most disrespectful mackem wum who spouts verbal diarrhoea a mackem who’s never crossed the tyne never mind been to st james living in a bedsit in pennywell……………bobby this is not the right place to call overseas fans this is a usa based blog set up for expats around the world which you chose to join

• 8 Mister Tuff // Oct 30, 2015 at 2:22 PM

I think there are plenty on here who wanted King Percy and Mr Tubbs out but who have remarked that there is definitely an improvement in the football being played under Wally. I for one see improvements but as it is a results based activity most are not content at out points haul so far.

• 9 Mister Tuff // Oct 30, 2015 at 2:23 PM

out = our

• 10 Bobbybee // Oct 30, 2015 at 2:23 PM

Ibiza, i don’t need help from anybody against you, you arrogant toad. You’re easy meat marra, because you simply ain’t a supporter. You’re as plastic as those empty seats at the SOL. My missus dislikes football, but she’s been to more games than you ffs. You repeatedly start a row, then get your cronies to back you up, but sadly, truth is truth and no amount of numbers can change facts. You are the epitome of anti Newcastle. A nonentity where football is concerned. People from far further afield than you make a tremendous effort to get to games at least once a season or two. Utter and unreserved respect to them; they’re proper fans. Those that can’t, buy club merchandise in a show of support. You do neither. You ‘re a nobody marra. Just accept it.

• 11 Transfer Sage // Oct 30, 2015 at 2:25 PM

He’s paid to be a pundit and comment on issues around football.

Also, as any fan, he will give praise and be critical depending upon the situation. It does not harm to the players for Shearer to be calling out the owners/manager for how the club is ran.

Much rather people speak out, like Scholes does about Man Utd, than have people who sit there and tell us everything is rosey and we’ll be fine.

• 12 Transfer Sage // Oct 30, 2015 at 2:29 PM

I don’t get this issue about a real fan goes to games. Not everyone is in the situation where they can afford it or make it practical.

Also some fans, myself included, haven’t been for a few years as I don’t want to encourage ashley, taking my money and not investing it well. Same reason I cancelled sky tv too.

For me there are better ways to judge a fab than how much money is spent.

• 13 sweendog // Oct 30, 2015 at 2:30 PM

Transfer Sage .. agreed, he’s actually saying what we are thinking, get a few wins and I’ll be happy to see open letters.
    Hope everyone gets behind the team this weekend as its so important, if so I’ll expect Mitrovic to score, he loves playing at St James with the fans behind him.

• 14 Ibizatoon // Oct 30, 2015 at 2:30 PM

Bobby…Let’s not have to add arrogance to the list. Are you suggesting you know what goes on in my head or what it is I really mean?

I don’t think, nor have I claimed you to be stupid. Sometimes we get embroiled in a topic, things get missed, lost or even misinterpreted.

There has been no change in tack. I didn’t say you had insulted anyone, I pointed out that you weren’t being respectful. Whether anyone is then offended by it or not is a different matter. I’m only going on about it still, as you are.

Not a hurt party, just trying to make sense of these blog rules you appear to be trying to implement.

Also not looking for a row, as I’ve already said too.

I don’t like you? I don’t know you. The only time I believe I made it personal was when enquiring about your health. Sadly, it appears you can no longer say the same. Unless it’s passed as fact that i’m a clown.

• 15 WWSBRD // Oct 30, 2015 at 2:31 PM

Ibiza is certainly getting done pelters on here today isn’t he, ruffled some feathers. I take it that this stems from a boycotting opening judging by some posts

Normally I’d join in slagging him off but seems this isn’t a light hearted joke so probably should stick up for him a tad. He’s not a plastic fan, he wouldn’t spend his time wittering on here for so long if he was also he wouldn’t feel the NUFC depression every month if he was

• 16 banjax // Oct 30, 2015 at 2:31 PM

Practice makes perfect and loaning Ivan would certainly bring on his skill set. But a one month loan is not going to help a great deal and if he is almost there for first team football, he could invaluable if we sustain injuries to our forward line before the transfer window opens in January. So with that in mind I would keep him until we bring in a top class striker and then let him get experience Until May 2016 with another club and hopefully Newcastle and Ivan will both benefit.

• 17 Jail for Ashley // Oct 30, 2015 at 2:31 PM

And the award for most short sighted poster goes to boobybee !

• 18 Jail for Ashley // Oct 30, 2015 at 2:33 PM

Is that fence still warm Ibiza or have you given it up for good ?

• 19 Ibizatoon // Oct 30, 2015 at 2:33 PM

Oops…Too late. Arrogance is on the list.

I’d just like to point out, that I didn’t ask for anyone elses input.

Anti Newcastle? Bobby, get a grip.

• 20 WWSBRD // Oct 30, 2015 at 2:34 PM

Tbf u used to play the clown a lot before u hopped off that fence

• 21 catchy in norway // Oct 30, 2015 at 2:36 PM

Honestly, I don’t have anything against Mcclaren. You wont like this comment, but I view him as extremely similar to Pardew, in the sense that neither are the worst, and neither are the best. There will be things that McClaren is better at, style of play appears to be one of those. Then again, does he have a better team of coaches around him?

grrrrr curse you ibiza, im pretty sure your saying things just to wind me up 😉

whilst i will not have a go at anyone for simply not liking Shteve, that is there porogativ, but to say they are both similar is simply un true. they are like chalk and cheese. Shteve has been a No2 to SAF and won the treble with them, he took boro to comfortable 7 place finishes twice, he won a cup and got to the Uefa cup final, it went pairshape for him at England, but heyho, tell me one manager who walks away from that job with his head held high. he went to Holland took Twente to the title, the first in there history.

P45 won the johnstones paint cup and won LMA for finishing 5th.

i have never seen Shteve nut anyone, push anyone, comes accross much better on tv, P45 would come out and say we played well today, wich we rarley did, we was unlucky today, ( because our one shot was saved),

squad wise, pardew didnt fancy the french international defender that was got for him, maybe playing him out of position had somthing to do with it.

regadless what you think of the new signings, 2 of them are 21 one is 22 and one is 24 and one is 19. these are kids with potential not the finshed article, P45 would be lost with these kids, he needs finished players to take backwards, and i mean that in both ways, strikers end up as wingers wingers end up as DMC in turn thier perfomance levels drop..

honestly, Shteve is 5 times the manager P45 is, and it is only a matter of time before results pick up,

next season i EXPECT us to be chalenging top 6. and this year i EXPECT us to be above Palace by the end of the season

• 22 Ibizatoon // Oct 30, 2015 at 2:36 PM

Yo and Jail…Thanks, but in the interest of avoiding being blog bullies or me calling on my cronies, you can poke your support! 🙂

Wait, have you visited me in Ibiza? Have you bought anything off me? No? What sort of support is it you guys are offering exactly?

As for fences, it depends on the issue. If I am unsure of something, the fence is where I’ll be.

• 23 Bobbybee // Oct 30, 2015 at 2:42 PM

Hibbitt, try reading what I write about overseas fans and it’s all respectful. Ibiza isn’t one. He hates Newcastle but just isn’t man enough to say it. He wants us to boycott games and spend nothing on merchandise – don’t hear other overseas fans saying so. Wasn’t dok over here last month, doing his bit? Utter and unreserved respect to him and any other overseas fan who buys club merchandise or makes the effort every year or two to get across and support the toon. This has NOTHING to do with any other oversea fan and I state that with hand on heart. This is about a no mark who feels he has the right to tell me how to support the club I’ve supported for decades, by telling me I ‘m the problem because I buy my ST every year. Don’t start dragging others into this, because it has nothing to do with them. I think I’ve made my feelings about overseas fans quite clear and it’s all complimentary. They don’t tell me I should give up my ST to support his pathetic and doomed to failure agenda. Only him. Strange that, don’t you think? I don’t tell him how to sunbathe, he doesn’t tell me I shouldn’t buy a ST. Nobody does. It’s my money. I choose not to drink or smoke so I can afford my ST, so I spend it how I choose, not how some muppett from ibiza says I should.

• 24 WWSBRD // Oct 30, 2015 at 2:42 PM

See this is why I stick to picking on u! Haha

Anyhow enjoy the hours of fun to be had debating who is the better fan, might pop my head back in later unless I find something better to do

• 25 Ibizatoon // Oct 30, 2015 at 2:45 PM

Yo…I will not hide from being a sarcastic so and so from time to time.

I find laughing or taking the piss is the best way to deal with uncomfortable situations. Expect when I’m whinging of course.

Catchy…Uh oh, you’re on to me! 🙂

Clearly he’s a more accomplished manager. It’s back to what we were discussing recently, opportunites and circumstances.

If pushed, yes, I’d consider Mcclaren probably better than Pardew. But that isn’t really saying too much. Neither fill me with loads of confidence, and neither do I consider either really bad.

Let’s just hope Steve playing Gouffran at CM was just a bad day at the office 🙂

As for results improving, well, they can’t get worse, so we agree there. Hopefully it starts again this weekend.

• 26 Ibizatoon // Oct 30, 2015 at 2:47 PM

Yo…If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it.

Take it easy.