The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

More Bad News About Newcastle Goalkeeper

11:21 pm, Saturday, October 31st, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 70 Comments

Rob Elliot limped off the field on Saturday after the 0-0 draw against Stoke City and we thought it was that his thigh had gone again, but it turns out he also needs to have surgery on his shoulder.

Rob Elliott+ Newcastle+United+v+Chelsea+Premier+E39wJm8z4Acl

Rob Elliot – needs shoulder surgery

The Mirror is reporting that Rob has been troubled with a shoulder problem for the last two weeks and he played through the pain barrier on Saturday at the request of head coach Steve McClaren.

That’s in addition to his limping off today – and we´re not sure exactly what that problem is other than maybe his thigh which has troubled him for a while since it went about a year ago just before half-time against Chelsea at home.

If Elliot is injured or needs to have surgery immediately on his shoulder, that leaves only 18 year-old Freddie Woodman as a fit goalkeeper, and Newcastle should be able to bring in an experienced goalkeeper as an emergency loan signing.

Tags: Freddie Woodman · Karl Darlow · Loan Moves · Premier League · Rob Elliot · Tim Krul

70 responses so far ↓

• 1 Tsunki // Oct 31, 2015 at 11:23 PM

Ashley Out!

• 2 Tsunki // Oct 31, 2015 at 11:25 PM

Thanks Ed I knew you’d come through 😉

So Fat Robs our go-to crock keeps again eh? Anyone saved Jak’s number? Anyone?

• 3 Tsunki // Oct 31, 2015 at 11:27 PM

it’s his pie arm. Shame really.

• 4 lesh // Oct 31, 2015 at 11:30 PM

Bobbybee

The way injuries are stacking up, you could slip into the treatment room without being noticed!

I take it you’ll not be sending a Christmas card to the doc who first examined you after your mishap.

😉

• 5 Bobbybee // Oct 31, 2015 at 11:39 PM

Lesh, he’s well down my list. He might get a summons mind you 😉 If i can get into the treatment room i could chat with Ashley about restoring a singing section. Wishful thinking. As it is, I might even get a game lmao!

• 6 Bobbybee // Oct 31, 2015 at 11:43 PM

From what .i’ve seen of young woody for our academy and U21’s, i wouldn’t be worried if he had to play. He played for the U21’s at only 14 against york city. He’s a cracking young keeper. My only concern would be the defence letting him down and it destroying his confidence.

• 7 Blackley and Brownlie // Oct 31, 2015 at 11:48 PM

Mark Hughes is delusional.

• 8 bettyswallocks // Oct 31, 2015 at 11:50 PM

Bobby….. Don’t worry about last night you didn’t go OTT . You just came across very passionate.

By the way you haven’t been giving jib any of them pills have you?

• 9 Blackley and Brownlie // Oct 31, 2015 at 11:51 PM

Great leap and header from Lascelles. Quite a lot of fans have been writing him off I’ve noticed.

• 10 lochinvar // Oct 31, 2015 at 11:52 PM

Armstrong keeps scoring at Coventry – driving home for Xmas ?

• 11 Munster Mag // Oct 31, 2015 at 11:58 PM

Mark hughes…jeez. What a tool

• 12 jayphoto // Nov 1, 2015 at 12:00 AM

@blackley – saw lascelles at forest, best headerer of a ball ive seen. As good as Carroll in the air. Not sure hes great in other areas but aerially i thought he was impressive

• 13 jayphoto // Nov 1, 2015 at 12:03 AM

Guessing they’ll take Valdes? No problem with that. You don’t win the trophies hes won if your awful. I accept hes not in the league of de gea or buffon but the way kruls played in the last year, and elliot, im willing to say hes at least as good as them! Had a few good games for man utd last year too, his distribution is excellent

• 14 Blackley and Brownlie // Nov 1, 2015 at 12:07 AM

Jay
    I’ve not seen Lascelles do too much wrong so far. He doesn’t look fazed.

• 15 Blackley and Brownlie // Nov 1, 2015 at 12:13 AM

Perhaps Jib is right is right and there really are profound and fundamental changes happening at NUFC. Certainly, it’s nice to see Makro taking care of Bobby’s pills on a tray every week. It looks complicated with all those different colours and timings Bobby. You can’t ever recall seeing a club bend over backwards for its fans like that. Truly profound and fundamental, Jib.

• 16 jimmysmith // Nov 1, 2015 at 12:14 AM

Valdes may be a great shot stopper and have excellent distribution, however, he comes out for crosses flapping like Howard the Duck, at least he did when I saw him play last time for Man U. Bizarre stuff.

• 17 Bobbybee // Nov 1, 2015 at 12:17 AM

Betty, cheers for that mate, but if I think I’m wrong i will apologise. Sometimes my passion carries me away and i defend myself too robustly. I still believe passionately what I believe, but maybe my choice of words was slightly ott. Either way, the rest of the blog must’ve got fed up of it so better to put it to bed. I’m still not having it that I’m part or whole of the problem by buying my st year in year out, but i made my point on that and if it’s brought up again after my apology, i will lose it properly. 🙂 Anyway, jobs done now. I appreciate your backing though, it makes one feel one’s not fighting a lone battle. 😉

• 18 Bobbybee // Nov 1, 2015 at 12:23 AM

B&B, bend over backwards? I can’t bend over forwards mate. You having a larf? 😉

• 19 Bobbybee // Nov 1, 2015 at 12:28 AM

Right, my wobbly pills are working so before i pick a fight with the whole lot of you, best I say goodnight. 🙂 Don’t forget, everton v mackems tomorrow 1.30. Might as well have a laugh at their expense.

• 20 Toon Tang // Nov 1, 2015 at 12:44 AM

Yeah Sparky must have had the electrodes clamped on his nipples before they wheeled him out for that post-match interview. The lad looked boggled as hell.

• 21 Toon Tang // Nov 1, 2015 at 12:48 AM

From what I saw of the highlights we did everything perfect except ‘the placing of the orb within the walls of the onion bag’

I can feel something is brewing though.

• 22 Toon Tang // Nov 1, 2015 at 12:52 AM

Renaissance I reckon, all change, a new way to the play especially in the attacking 3rd. I’d say a couple of really solid defenders, a creative mid that hasn’t got paper muscles and maybe, just maybe another option for goals and we will be well on our way up the league.

• 23 Toon Tang // Nov 1, 2015 at 12:58 AM

We don’t think we’ll see much of Cisse again eh. Days are looking well numbered for the lad… Maybe sell him to Liverpool for 35mil

• 24 Toon Tang // Nov 1, 2015 at 1:00 AM

Goood morningggg Vietnaaaaaam is what I would be saying if I lived in Vietnam and it was morning.

• 25 Toon Tang // Nov 1, 2015 at 1:02 AM

In fact I wouldn’t even have to live there, I could broadcast from anywhere in the world through internet radio.

• 26 Toon Tang // Nov 1, 2015 at 1:03 AM

Goodnight to all my listeners.

• 27 Reyantoon // Nov 1, 2015 at 1:50 AM

John Dykes and Andy Townsend are my favorite pundits.They summed our match by saying:
    “Newcastle should have scored dozens of goals but today was not meant to be their day..”
    Bit of consolation eh..,
    Frustration day.They made me smile though..!
    Howay x.

• 28 Reyantoon // Nov 1, 2015 at 2:16 AM

Catchy
    You said the table and numbers don’t lie usually.
    But last season under AP,we had 16 points at this stage.Where as 7 now under Steve. Yet you still hammering AP unnecessarily.In modern game,possession and style of play have no value.Only wins matter.end of!

• 29 JDdubai // Nov 1, 2015 at 4:24 AM

Obviously the points are a worry but the performances vs Chelsea, City (first half), Norwich, Mackems and yesterday show we are playing quite well at the moment.

Just need some luck and I think we will be fine. Would be nice to hang around just outside the relegation zone in January so Mike has to splash some more cash though…

Also good finish by Arma yesterday, could see him playing off Mitrovic next season maybe?

And Willo MOM for Wolves on debut 🙂

• 30 Lilongwe Geordie // Nov 1, 2015 at 4:39 AM

Didn’t see the game yesterday as I was busy working, but it seems like another positive performance but not a great result.

We have now played Watford, Norwich and Stoke at home plus Sunderland away, all teams likely to be bottom half competition and managed just 4 points from 12. Regardless of improving play, it isn’t good enough. We need tobe beating those likely to be in and around us, even at this stage of the changes.

People keep talking of a couple of Jan signings to help us pull away, but the fewer points we pick up, the less likely our targets will be interested in joining.

Yesterday was a must win for me, as is Bournemouth. We needed a minimum of 3 wins from Norwich, Sunderland, Stoke and Bournemouth. 2 more massive points dropped.

• 31 Lilongwe Geordie // Nov 1, 2015 at 5:11 AM

Another 2 injuries as well.

Will we bring in an emergency loan or is it Woodman to start against Bournemouth? Does that leave Woolston on the bench? I can only imagine that would be the youngest Prem goalkeeper pairing of all time.

Janmaat out, so I’d guess Mbabu just slots in there.

• 32 nut meg // Nov 1, 2015 at 5:26 AM

Lilo
    It was a very decent performance & yes, a very disappointing result as you say. It was a top class display by a highly rated goalkeeper that was the difference between getting 3 points instead of the 1 we did get. The one time we managed to beat the keeper the ball came back from hitting the inside of the post which he scrambled away from Wijmaldum as he attempted to get to the rebound but was ruled off side anyway. Sissoko fired a shot that he blocked with what looked to be the inside of his foot and the ball scooped up over the bar.A really powerful header from Lascelles was tipped over the top as was a few more decent efforts.He was,as I say the difference, but it’s still 2 points lost that we badly needed.

• 33 willowdalerez // Nov 1, 2015 at 5:37 AM

Again can understand the frustration on here but not some of the outright negativity and hostility towards Macca and our lads (towards Ashley is understandable though he did keep his words the money was there this summer).

I am equally frustrated. Can only imagine how the lads feel. We are really playing well and should have taken 6 points from the last 2 games instead just 1… Last week it was a bad call by the ref and this week it was a keeper on his day! When will we catch a break (other than an injury)?

Now we may be in serious keeper trouble… How is that possible? Is there a game we don’t pick up an injury? Are the lads on a crystal and china diet?

I am one of those who have been positive and upbeat and still am but I do worry about the numbers… The further we fall behind on points the more it will weigh on the minds of the players and staff (not to mention us) and the more likely something will go wrong in the dressing room and ruin the improvement we have seen.

As the statistical chance of relegation is growing I fully expect Ashley to buy in January but if we don’t pick up enough points the 2nd half of the season will be a pressure cooker. If that happens we’ll just have to hope that Macca can incorporate the January additions quicker than he did the summer ones and bring the lads together to show good form and a great deal of mettle. Hardly something that can be counted on.

We clearly need all 3 poits next week and if we lose to Bournemouth well @#$% maybe Shearer will stop tweeting and come out of retirement for a short spell LOL

Those on here still upset with the team / Macca expect too much… Our luck will change if our form continues but only question is how long will our form hold if the ball doesn’t bounce our way soon… Once demoralized a squad is hard to revive so HWTL and if we need to put young Freddy between the posts then I hope he seizes the opportunity (and catches the ball). I want to be able to come on here and call out the whingers who insist only the numbers matter and don’t believe sometimes there is a story not reflected in the damn numbers!

• 34 will die for the toon army // Nov 1, 2015 at 6:23 AM

Regardless from wat am seeing we r showing progress and we wont get relegated. Our Front 4 have been a headache for all the teams we have played so far. So I believe if they start scoring we will b ok.

50 chances ceeated no goals but there is hope scoring goals is not Mccaz ptoblem it has to b in a player.

I wld give woodman a chance its a long season if it doesn’t work out then I go for emergency loan.

• 35 TroubledToon // Nov 1, 2015 at 6:38 AM

@willow

I agree with u, but all said and done its the points that matter. Yes, we are playing well. Yes, we are creating goal scoring opportunities. Possession has also shown a marked improvement.. Tho I wudnt say we are dominating opponents as Macca did.
    But if all of thus doesn’t translate into points, then its all for nought. That’s what’s the most frustrating part.
    I dunno of many ppl remember, but Blackpool were playing similar football when they were in the PL a few years ago, with Charlie Adam pulling the strings in midfield. They played absolutely brilliant football, but cudnt pick up the points and eventually got relegated. I dread us going down in a similar fashion, bcuz honestly, I don’t think we wud come back straight up the next season. Its scary to think wat can happen to our beloved club if that does happen.
    That’s y the wins against the Scums, Stokes, Bournemouth’s etc are so vital. N that’s y the frustration.
    Tbh, I find us lacking a lil upfront in being clinical while finishing. Especially Mitro. He kinda rushes into the shot. If he shows a lil more composure he wudve scored 5-6 by now instead of just 2. Hopefully this gets addresses sooner ather than later.
    Anyway, I’m still positive we will survive…. But it ain’t gonna cone easy that’s for sure.

• 36 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 1, 2015 at 6:50 AM

Isn’t the main issue (beside the lack of goals) the ongoing inconsistency?

In Danish we describe it as saying “vores bundniveau er extremt lavt”. It sort of means that when we bomb we really bomb. You could say our lowest level if performance is not even close to PL level.

That’s not just because of our limited squad but also because of our limited management.

I didn’t watch the game yesterday but something tells me we for once played good football for more or less 90 mins?

• 37 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 1, 2015 at 6:51 AM

*if = of

• 38 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 1, 2015 at 6:53 AM

Will die…but finishing 17th is not really a comfort to me mate!

…it’s a slap in the face

• 39 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 1, 2015 at 6:58 AM

Lilongwe…I am not even sure we qualify for a emergency loan?

We had three keepers and still have one.

• 40 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 1, 2015 at 7:01 AM

Reyantoon…Catchy has a blindside when it comes to McClaren;

…he knows it 😉 lol

• 41 nut meg // Nov 1, 2015 at 7:04 AM

Jesper
    from the Evening Chronicle.

• 42 cyprus // Nov 1, 2015 at 7:04 AM

If one hasn’t watched the game, I understand the criticism. This was not the score we wanted.

Parenthesis: I got nailed on here by some, because I was disappointed by our ManU play (and not the result). We gave a team that never gets chances an opportunity to dominate and successfully defended for our lives like a conference team vs. the mighty United.

In the Stoke game, we dominated a team that has as many points as Everton and Swansea. The result flatters them. Teams that get opportunities tend to score more goals, fact. Criticising our forwards for not putting those chances away are just not fair.

If you’ve played the game, you know that luck (either way) is a factor. If we play like this, I see us dominating many a team and would not worry at all about the table… IF

• 43 cyprus // Nov 1, 2015 at 7:12 AM

Who will get MOM when it was a good TEAM performance?
    Rob was excellent, throughout, especially on one occasion. This performance should silence his critics, surely. The defense didn’t concede and rarely gave them a look in. Congrats to the MF who helped them out big time. Going forward, we were awesome. Players now just stay away from Siss and let him do his runs, as he smokes them anyway. Wiji has excellent close control and can see the field. Perez just can’t lose the ball and is always dangerous. Mitro is menacing, unlucky (not poor) not to score.

• 44 Ron Knee // Nov 1, 2015 at 7:26 AM

Morning jesper
    Rémi Garde to Aston Villa, perhaps? It will be interesting to see how Villa progress if he goes.

• 45 will die for the toon army // Nov 1, 2015 at 7:32 AM

We need a new CM. Colback is already missed. De Jong didnt play well w3n he came on. Where e hell is Aarons???????
    Sissoko…….Tiote…….Wijnaldum…….Aarons
    ………………….Perez………..Mitrovic

Anita Jst didn’t work out.

• 46 Ron Knee // Nov 1, 2015 at 7:32 AM

Morning cyprus
    I can’t share your optimism but, as you point out, it was a good team performance, especially as some of our players aren’t exactly PL level.

• 47 will die for the toon army // Nov 1, 2015 at 7:37 AM

Jesper

I lost my optimism of finishing Top 10. 17th will b good for me. We r so poor and our players r still learning their trade. They aint a bad team.

Sissoko, Perez, Mitro and Wijnaldum have really played well but am looking for goals I can’t see them and wen u f@k it up we might lose that flow so we Jst need to work it out.

• 48 catchy in norway // Nov 1, 2015 at 7:45 AM

Jesper

I think I’m in love with Shteve 😉

Lmao

• 49 catchy in norway // Nov 1, 2015 at 7:48 AM

Cyprus

I said it yesterday, no need to watch the table we will be more than fine this season, we have a manager a squad and a system that will see us ok,

The last time we went down had nothing to do with the squad , it was poor management.

• 50 geordieboy83 // Nov 1, 2015 at 7:53 AM

Will die

I’m with you on that mate, 17th should never be acceptable but on this occasion I would take it, as I do believe we are building something very good. The fact that in our last 3 matches regardless of results I have thoroughly enjoyed watching those playing for Newcastle means a hell of a lot to me. We finished 5th under pardew and in spite of that I hated watching us as I was forever thinking how the hell did we scrape that win we were awful

• 51 geordieboy83 // Nov 1, 2015 at 7:58 AM

Jesper

Watched Ajax last night, I see viktor Fischer is looking ominously good good again. What a player

• 52 will die for the toon army // Nov 1, 2015 at 8:02 AM

geordieboy 83

Last 5 games have immense lovely to watch and an attacking 4 that is really hard working and entertaining. They r getting an understanding but with no goals which I fear will discourage them. Steve Black shld keep working.

CM position: Still not encouraging. Colo will come good and Mbemba is developing.

We have the board, the coaching staff, the players and fans????? we all have to stick together and move forward.

Why did Thauvin fail to materialise????????

• 53 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Nov 1, 2015 at 8:15 AM

Should of won it – Butland MOM but we wasted to many chances by putting the ball to close to him to make the save.

Reminded me of our smash and grab at the Spuds two seasons ago when Krul was brilliant.

Also Elliot pulled of a blinder of a save at point blank range from Waters.
    all in all we played well if at times a little ponderous

Some clown must of watered the pitch after all the rain last night because players were slipping all-over the place and the ball seemed to hold up on the grass.

Nice to see Tiote back looking like himself.

My MOM can’t give one but the three best in my eyes were Tiote, anita and Dummett.

I would rather watch what I am watching now to the crap that has been dished out in the four or five previous seasons. Keep playing like we are playing and a little bit of luck should be alright.

Won’t be far of the number of shots we have had on target this season as last season.

And one for the defence I think Stoke only had two shots on target all game.

Pity about Elliott as I thought he had a decent game and did what he had to do.

• 54 geordieboy83 // Nov 1, 2015 at 8:16 AM

Will die I’m not happy with 2 cm tbh mate if we could xakha or however u spell it from monchengladbach and leroy fer in January that would set us up nicely, along with willems and veltman and to be a tad greedy another striker in January and is be chuffed.

Imagine
    Krul
    Jaanmat. Mbemba. Veltman. Willems
    Sissoko. Xhaka. Fer. Wini
    Mitro. Perez

On thauvin, although I’m not denying he’s been a bit disappointing, I think the lad was on a hiding to nothing as he wasn’t wanted by most in the first place, I think it will take 1 or 2 good performances for him to find his feet

• 55 Reyantoon // Nov 1, 2015 at 8:24 AM

Charlie – who the hell wetted the play’g ground 🙂

geordieboy83 – good shout on victor Fischer.But aren’t he and Mitrovic same kind of players?

• 56 cyprus // Nov 1, 2015 at 8:30 AM

Morning Ron Knee and Catchy,

Actually I’m not necessarily optimistic. When I (or rather, the coaches) get my head around the first half and second half of the City game, for example, I’ll be more confident to make a call re our future.

i.e. If we play like we did yesterday, we’ll be beating most of our opponents, no problem. The magic word is IF.

The thing is, I actually have enjoyed watching my team… For years now, even on the odd occasion when we won, we were usually very boring. Yes, yes, I know it’s a results business, they say. But if it’s so, I’ll just check the results after the game.

Conclusion: Could we go down? Sure. Things can go against you, injuries can happen, you may get it wrong against an opponent, deflections can go in, posts may save them, refs can fxxx up, you may be outclassed

On our players not being PL level I just disagree. People like Wigi, Siss, Perez (and most others, given yesterday) aren’t PL players? If so, are the Stoke players at an even lower level?

• 57 sparky55 // Nov 1, 2015 at 8:32 AM

SM was talking the talk at the start of the season…he was explaining it will take time and to judge him after 10 games and came across as being very cool, calm and collected.

Now with 7 points after 11 games he’s saying we’re starting dominate the opposition!!!!

In my little world that’s a stretch. If he said something like “we’ve turned the corner and we’re longer being dominated by anyone”…

…then I’d have a bit more respect for him because in reality we’re definitely creating more chances and we’re a bit better at keeping the ball (but not that great yet) but we’re not dominating anyone that’s for sure.

If we had 12 points after 11 games he wouldn’t even of thought about saying something a stupid as “we’re dominating the opposition”…so that in my book means he’s sweating a bit and he’s nowhere near as cool, calm and collected as he would appear.

Get real Steve…we’re miles away from where you’re saying.

• 58 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 1, 2015 at 8:35 AM

Nut meg…thanks for the link mate

Morning Ron…now Garde that’s a manager I would have liked. Think he’ll have the work cut out for him should hr go to Villa 😉

Will die…for mr that’s just a slap in the face

Geordieboy…Fisher is one hell of a player when he stays fit 🙂

Catchy…Catchy and McClaren sitting in s tree…sorry just couldn’t help it 😀 lol

• 59 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 1, 2015 at 8:38 AM

Sparky…the next three games will be telling of where we’ll end up this season under a very under qualified coach (if you ask me)

…now if Garde goes to Villa I won’t be able to stop thinking what could have been…ohh well

• 60 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Nov 1, 2015 at 8:39 AM

Ryantoon
    Something was amiss with the pitch/ball as players were slipping falling over and the ball was not running true or could it be the winter ball as a lot of passes were under-hit and it rolled slowly/slower over the ground.
    Cyprus
    Gan on bonny-lad me too! I am enjoying watching the team. I’ll praise them when they play well and slag them of when bad – but to many people have a go whether they play good or bad.

• 61 Reyantoon // Nov 1, 2015 at 8:42 AM

Charlie – something is not good with the ball either to start with.I don’t like the look if it 🙂

• 62 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 1, 2015 at 8:42 AM

Cyprus…from a spectators point of view it’s very much so a entertainment industry!

To quote the great Jock Stein:
    “Without fans who pay at the turnstile, football is nothing. Sometimes we are inclined to forget that. The only chance of bringing them into stadiums is if they are entertained by what happens on the football field.”

• 63 hibbitt // Nov 1, 2015 at 8:43 AM

very enjoyable game we are looking so much better wont be many keepers we come across in that kind of form total agree with charlie best game from tiote in a long time we are starting to look like a solid unit its nice to see players wanting the ball and running for each other ……so much better to watch but we need points

• 64 cyprus // Nov 1, 2015 at 8:43 AM

Charlie,
    Total agreement there

• 65 catchy in norway // Nov 1, 2015 at 8:44 AM

Cyprus

Kind of a cryptic post, did you have a lot to drink yesterday 😉

The man c was a fluke , and more down to confidence issue from the old regime , and the shear class of both silva and Aguero, but I also throw Krul Into the equation , I think he has been shocking for a while now, he threw away the points v Chelsea , that free kick should not go in , half of the goals v City he should have done better.

I don’t buy into this its 50 mil worth of talent has us playing like this, it more about good coaching IMO. The nufc team that went down was worth more than this team , but had the wrong manager, that’s a fact.

Gus poyet with Brighton played us off the pitch twice with a league 1 team , that wasn’t worth 1/4 of our team

• 66 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Nov 1, 2015 at 8:48 AM

Ryantoon
    looks bloody awful and about two sizes bigger than a size 5. Bring back the white ball for all games and the orange ball for the snow OH forgot don’t play in the snow anymore.
    Gannin to get the morning papers – lovely sunny day here up on top of the hill and the mists from the Prudhoe bog-roll factory filling the Tyne Valley

• 67 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 1, 2015 at 8:48 AM

Catchy…and Shef Wed played us off the field 😉

• 68 ScoopSouthAfrica // Nov 1, 2015 at 8:55 AM

Well well well…
    Now I know how the Spurs fans felt after Krul made those 14 game saving efforts. Butland is a great keeper.
    Perhaps we need to get in a player who will put fear into the opponents defenses, how about Chuck see his attributes below it just might work as a lonee.
    1) If Chuck Norris was a Spartan in the movie 300, the movie would be called 1.
    2) When Chuck Norris turned 18, his parents moved out.
    3) When Chuck Norris swims in the ocean, the sharks are in a steel cage.
    4) Chuck Norris will never have a heart attack. His heart isn’t nearly foolish enough to attack him.
    5) Chuck Norris once kicked a horse in the chin. Its descendants today are known as giraffes.
    6) Chuck Norris doesn’t breathe air. He holds air hostage.
    7) Chuck Norris can delete the Recycling Bin.
    8) Chuck Norris has already been to Mars. That’s why there are no signs of life.
    LOL NUFC

• 69 sparky55 // Nov 1, 2015 at 9:02 AM

jesper

If you ask me he’s simply matching what he’s achieved over the last 3 years…which can only be described as nowt. We are so overly optimistic as a fan base it’s silly…but on the flip side that’s why you’ll never knock a Geordie.

If we we’re playing like this at the beginning of the season I wouldn’t be so worried…I’m worried because we’re 11 games into the season and third bottom.

We can only realistically hope to finish 16th or 17th because everyone above Norwich is better than us and have the experience to stay out of trouble…we just have to hope norwich and Bournemouth get sucked in as we slowly climb.

I really don’t think our destiny will be in our own hands…this is going to get very very sweaty.

• 70 OneAlanShearer // Nov 1, 2015 at 9:23 AM

My advice to lascelles would be play without fear as you have nothing to lose. Having goal potential is a major plus but he just needs to throw himself into defending play like a hero. We really need him to take this opportunity right now. Off soap box now.

previous post: Two Late Goals By Newcastle Whiz Kid Wins It – Video