The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Jack Colback Sets Return Date

2:56 pm, Tuesday, November 3rd, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 160 Comments

Jack Colback seems to be going by the book when he says he hopes to be back by mid-December because that’s six weeks after he picked up the injury and that was the prognosis of the specialist he visited in London.

We are still hoping that Jack could be back before that time but of course Newcastle will certainly not rush him back.

jack colback injured against Stoke

Jack Colback – going off after being injured against Stoke City

Jack has a knee injury and he talked about it on the Newcastle web-site:

“It’s better than we first thought, so that’s a positive.” “I’m disappointed to be injured but from what it could have been, it’s not too bad. “Where my foot was planted it just twisted the wrong way. It’s unfortunate but it happens.”

“It was a feeling I hadn’t felt before, so straight away I knew something wasn’t right. I was trying to stay on but the physios and doctor told me it was no good and I had to come off.” “I had an initial scan where we feared it was going to be out a bit longer.”

“That was followed by a further scan and we then went to see a specialist in London who gave us the better news that it’s around six weeks. It was as good as it could have been.”   “Touch wood, I haven’t had many bad injuries.” “Before this, the longest I was out was four weeks, so this is the worst of my career so far.”

“I suppose I’ve been lucky, when you look at other players and what they’ve been through, but you can’t prevent injuries – it’s part of the game – so you just have to get on with it.” “Every player is the same when they get injured – they don’t want to be in the treatment room.

You never want to miss any games but I’m just trying to look at the positives that it could have been a lot worse.” “Right now I’m just resting to help the knee heal, and once that stage is out of the way I will be doing rehab before trying to get outside again as quickly as I can.”

“It’s worse watching matches from the stands. From my experience, it’s a lot easier playing than watching.” “It will be a tough few weeks but the team are playing well and hopefully we can start turning those performances into victories.”

Jack hasn’t had a serious injury in his career thank goodness – but he hasn’t played long for Newcastle either and as we mentioned (again) this morning but it was also during a game – and we seem to pick up a lot of these injuries in training.

Newcastle pick up more injuries by far than any other Premier League club and it’s been happening for at least 10 years.

We don’t even hear anybody at Newcastle talking about what the problems could be that are causing all our injuries.

Let’s hope Jack can return before mid-December and by that time we have a  few wins under our belt and are away from the bottom of the Premier League.

Tags: Injuries · Newcastle News · Premier League

160 responses so far ↓

• 1 John Tudor // Nov 3, 2015 at 2:58 PM

the 12th of never is it

• 2 Graeme // Nov 3, 2015 at 2:59 PM

Never had a serious injury!!! He’s in the right place to correct that then!!!

• 3 Tsunki // Nov 3, 2015 at 3:00 PM

That’s nice. Let me know how you get on jack. Zzzzz

• 4 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 3:04 PM

“We don’t even hear anybody at Newcastle talking about what the problems could be”

End it there Ed. Are you surprised?

What problems? Stop being impateint. It’ll be alright eventually.

• 5 Tsunki // Nov 3, 2015 at 3:06 PM

Ray telling Blackley that reading isn’t rocket science. You couldn’t make it up. What happened when you read ‘Rayo Vallecano’ then Ray? 🙂 bit of brain surgery?

• 6 Blackley and Brownlie // Nov 3, 2015 at 3:07 PM

Ah Jib, so you reckon SDJ and Ayoze probably can’t play in the same team. I agree but only on the basis that SDJ is struggling to play in any team with any player. You don’t give your reason. What is it? Let’s have some real football analysis.

• 7 lesh // Nov 3, 2015 at 3:17 PM

Anyone heard anything from or about Chancel recently?

• 8 lesh // Nov 3, 2015 at 3:20 PM

Ibiza

Problems? What problems?

And meanwhile, the band played on while the deckchairs were rearranged.

• 9 Blackley and Brownlie // Nov 3, 2015 at 3:20 PM

Jib

You say, “The problem for Siem is he was bought for a specific role and Ayoze Perez was later bought as his back up.”

We know you follow the club line but that actually sounds as if you are the club; Graham Carr in particular. It shouldn’t take you 30 seconds to google support for your statement.

You make it sound as if the club has a real philosophy and team building plan and it is not simply identifying a player and signing him as an investment? Please tell us more. What is the role, who identified the role, and who decided SDJ was the man to fill it?

• 10 Blackley and Brownlie // Nov 3, 2015 at 3:24 PM

Tsunki
    What’s the “Rayo Vallecano” thing? I’ve missed that one.

• 11 Jib // Nov 3, 2015 at 3:28 PM

Chun ki
    I was telling Blackley scrolling back wasn’t difficult.
    I thought you were pissed on Sunday so largely ignored you.
    You REALLY want to make a big deal out of me calling Rayo Vallecano , Real Vallecano ?
    Oh deary me

• 12 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 3:29 PM

Lesh…Exactly. What problems? Where are they?

If you see any, you’re simply focusing on the wrong things.

As for Chancel, I imagine we’ll hear from him soon. Something about performances being improved and points being just round the corner. You never know, he may pay tribute to Colo for helping him settle.

• 13 JDdubai // Nov 3, 2015 at 3:32 PM

Looks like a tough crowd, do i dare post something about thinking we are heading in the right direction……..

• 14 Graeme // Nov 3, 2015 at 3:34 PM

Its now all Wally’s fault evidently!!!

• 15 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 3:35 PM

JD…Please do. Just understand that whilst I’m worried about the here and now, I can understand that things may imrpove results wise soon, but then again, they may not. Such is football.

All we can say with any certainty is that we have played better than we have previously, but as it stands, we’re still relegation fodder.

Everything is crossed mind.

• 16 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 3:40 PM

Graeme…Interesting read. I am not a big fan of Mcclaren and would have hoped / thought he could be doing better than we are, however, given where we were, which was down to Ashley (well, his door anyway – the pesky thing), it seems bizarre to completely remove him from the firing line.

Amazing what an interview, “removing” yourself from the board and allowing the club to invest some of it’s own money will do to public perception.

• 17 lesh // Nov 3, 2015 at 3:41 PM

Ibiza

Chancel as in ToonfromLeeds

It’d be nice to hear he’s ok

• 18 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 3:42 PM

JD…I should change part of that to ‘all I can say’. I wont speak for anyone else.

• 19 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 3:44 PM

Lesh…Oh I see. Yes, he has been quiet.

Indeed it would. Hope all’s good Chancel (TFL), and the other Chancel if he’s reading.

• 20 hibbitt // Nov 3, 2015 at 3:50 PM

blackley about SDJ strolling ……took my to lads last night and watch quite an enjoyable game toney is going to be a handful looking good…. roberts took his goals well and gets better every time i see him……… on SDJ never broke sweat strolled through the game at times you could see the football brain a work one or two lovely touches but so far off the pace for the prem i can see the the thinking about him not starting a game in the prem till january looked like he was doing preseason

• 21 Blackley and Brownlie // Nov 3, 2015 at 4:01 PM

Hibbitt
    I would have gone last night but I was working. I just do not understand SDJ. He either can’t run, can’t be arsed to run, thinks he’s too good to run or doesn’t think it is required. Is it too much to ask for him to play football AND run around at the same time? Or would this great footballing brain that we hear so much about lose function if he were to get a sweat on?

• 22 Blackley and Brownlie // Nov 3, 2015 at 4:03 PM

Tsunki
    Has the majority on the blog (the astute football pundits) with whom Jib identifies himself unearthed a footballing talent for us? Who is this “Rayo” kid?

• 23 Blackley and Brownlie // Nov 3, 2015 at 4:06 PM

Jib
    About this “Rayo” kid? Has your friend Mr Carr been on another foray into the Spanish lower leagues?

• 24 Tsunki // Nov 3, 2015 at 4:14 PM

Blackley @ 10 and ‘Ray’ (formerly ‘Jib’, formerly ‘Jeff’) –

In a moment befitting the Wile E. Coyote of the blog, the sniping corrector of all typos, grammatical and punctuational errors and all manner of faux pas, posted a rumour about someone we were supposed to be following, from the famous Spanish club, ” Real Valllecano” ( note the extra “L”). I duly pounced, as I felt the biter deserved a bit of chewing himself. Now whenever he feels the urge to have a pop at someone, I remind His Rayness of the perilous world he inhabits, where traps he lays are often self sprung. ‘ Hoist by his own petard’ as Shakespeare (roughly) said.

No Ray, I will be hanging on to that for a while. : D

• 25 JDdubai // Nov 3, 2015 at 4:24 PM

Im missing this, is it about more than spelling?

• 26 Mister Tuff // Nov 3, 2015 at 4:46 PM

Tsunki – excellent stuff -get the boot into Jibberish he’s a plonker.

Jib Jibberish – you will have just read a post including the name Shakespeare – this is not Craig Shakespeare the Assistant manager at Leicester but William Shakespeare (the Bard).

• 27 Tsunki // Nov 3, 2015 at 4:48 PM

Jd you’re not missing anything. it’s about a blog nitpicker being nitpicked.

• 28 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 4:55 PM

Many of you on here are saying “Harrumph!”. I agree with that.

• 29 Jib // Nov 3, 2015 at 4:56 PM

For those that subscribe
    NUFC24/7 Number 13
    is up

• 30 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 4:57 PM

Ibiza has been very serious on here lately. It’s disturbing. Is it just a passing phase? I certainly hope so….

• 31 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 4:58 PM

Yes, best wishes Chancel (TFL). Hope things are good with you.

• 32 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:00 PM

Oh, and another thing. I have an exciting new series of interviews coming up with important club insiders. This is a unique opportunity to get inside the club lads. There will be the usual entertainment between each interview. Very exciting times these.

• 33 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:03 PM

I don’t want to give away too much lads, but my first interview will be with a man often called Wally.

• 34 bladeuser // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:04 PM

ASH OUT
    SMAC OUT
    COLO OUT

• 35 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:06 PM

And all’s well with me Ibiza mate. Thanks for asking. Harrumph!

• 36 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:08 PM

Well said bladeuser. We need a real manager and possibly a former REAL manager. What’s Ancelotti doing these days?

• 37 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:09 PM

Stand by lads. I’m about to reach maximum seriosity……

• 38 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:10 PM

And it’s all your fault Ibiza mate. Look at me… a complete mess! I used to be a funny guy. Now, after reading all your serious posts I’m downright glum!!!

• 39 Jib // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:11 PM

Tsunki // Nov 3, 2015 at 4:14 PM

Blackley @ 10 and ‘Ray’ (formerly ‘Jib’, formerly ‘Jeff’) –
    I felt the biter deserved a bit of chewing himself.

No Ray, I will be hanging on to that for a while.

Clever chap
    I bet you feel proud
    Have you shown your kids this

I thought not. 🙂

Why not ?

• 40 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:13 PM

G2…Easy now, I’ve always taken seriosity extremelly, well, ermm…yeah.

Glad all is well with you.

Don’t be glum. Just look at what wor Ashley has done for us and be happy.

• 41 Tsunki // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:15 PM

I know it hurts Ray, I know.

• 42 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:17 PM

Well, it’s a start I suppose. Still we should just cheer up in spite of Ashley. He will be leaving after he’s won something after all. Oh wait, that’s making me glum again. 🙁

• 43 Tsunki // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:19 PM

G2 are you sprinkling your sparkly cheery dust all over the blog again? 🙂

• 44 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:19 PM

G2…I’m cheery. Honest 🙂

Don’t let the idea of Ashley leaving get you glum mate…

• 45 Jib // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:20 PM

Chun Ki
    Weight issues are commoner than you think , don’t let it get to you fella 🙂

• 46 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:23 PM

Oh Great Tsukini, speak to us mate. Make predictions of future greatness for us. Tell of the leaving of Wally. Speak of the mighty Ancelotti. Weave your magic among us.

• 47 JDdubai // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:24 PM

Bladeuser

Yeah McClaren out. Only 12 games in, changed from the pards/JC style of play to decnt footy, increased communication even if it is only emails, cant see him headbutting anyone, but hey, lets start again.

Genius dude.

12 games.

12.

• 48 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:24 PM

Good Ibiza. You’ve turned that frown upside down then. And I know you can hardly wait for my interview with Wally. Patience is a virtue. But it’s coming!!! Huzzah!!!

• 49 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:25 PM

Weight issues are common people?

• 50 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:26 PM

Bladeuser is just getting his vote in early JD mate@47. With 7 points we’re just a teeny bit anxious. And according to Steve our season has only just begun. Did he not notice other clubs accumulating points?

• 51 Jib // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:27 PM

Ibiza
    Commoner = more frequent

• 52 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:28 PM

Actually I like Wally. I like his little hair tufty. I like it when he hides his face in his hands after a particularly horrific bit of play by us. I like it when he says our season starts in late October. Thank you Wally.

• 53 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:28 PM

G2…Don’t make me wait too long though.

I’m quite impressed you found him mind.

• 54 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:29 PM

Do you like Wally as much as I do Ibiza mate?

• 55 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:31 PM

Jib…Should it not be ‘more common’?

I wont let it get to me.

• 56 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:32 PM

G2…Which one? What am I even asking for, I like them both.

A new book.

“Where’s Wally: Where are the points?”

• 57 Tsunki // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:34 PM

Ray. More Common. And it’s Worse not worser. Tool tip for you there. You’re not doing well at all lately 🙂

And why would weight be an issue for me? You don’t read well do you Ray?

• 58 Jib // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:34 PM

Ibiza
    You got me thinking
    So I GOOGLED it !!!!
    Ha ha ha
    and commoner is permissible.

• 59 Jib // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:37 PM

Chun Ki
    I get the sense you are posting through gritted teeth , you should really save the gritted teeth for meal times .

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Welshie would love that one

Ha ha ha ha

• 60 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:37 PM

Jib…Good ole Google 🙂

Whilst it’s “permissible”, it’s viewed poorly – no help from Google required.

You’d have thought after your rant at me for not speaking good enough Spanish whilst living in Spain, that you’d have a better grasp on the language of the country you were born in.

Still, life goes on and we get to enjoy it, together.

• 61 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:45 PM

And here it is lads! Fresh of the presses. The interview you’ve all been waiting for:
    G2: “Steve please come out from under there. You’ve got to face the media more often mate…..Yes I’ll wait ’til you freshen up. Sort that hair tufty out will you?”
    G2: “Right then Steve, there’s been a lot of talk about our season finally getting under way?”
    Wally: “Erm,. yes G2 that’s correct. We’re just getting out of the starting blocks now. But, we’re very fast once we get going. Blink and you’ll miss us, heh, heh….
    G2: “Very amusing Steve. But seriously how is morale in the squad. Are people upset? Is anyone crying a lot in the dressing room?”
    Wally: “No G2, the dressing room is very calm. We’re getting up for every game, now that we’ve kicked things off so to speak. I’m very excited about the way we’re playing. Certainly we’ve had a few injuries but I’ll never use that as an excuse. Never.”
    G2: “And the 7 points Wally, errr sorry Steve? You’re not concerned about that?”
    Wally: “Absolutely not G2. We’ve plenty of time to make that up. Plenty of time….yes. Did I mention we’ve had a lot of injuries?”
    G2: “Yes, yes you did Steve. Well, I don’t want to keep you too long. You must have a lot of training to do or something. Possibly suggest to Siem he might want to run around a bit in the week as it’s the only exercise he’ll get. Off you go Steve.”

• 62 Tsunki // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:46 PM

Ray, who says I’ve got teeth to grit? 🙂 you could be barking up that same wrong tree as the ‘Chun Ki’ thing. In any case no, I’m quietly savouring your squirming and ultimately fruitless attempts to save face. It makes a pleasant change from waiting for your next pounce on somebody for being fallible. The fact that it irritates you so much that you are unable to accept your defeat only adds a little dressing. Do carry on.

• 63 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:47 PM

I have to admit Steve gives a better interview than Percy did. 😯

• 64 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:48 PM

G2…”Fresh”? Are you sure?

• 65 Tsunki // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:48 PM

I think Ray is more common than he thought 😉

• 66 Tsunki // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:50 PM

So anyway. Our Ginger Pirlo ( who made that up? Should be shot) is raring to get back in time for the relegation playoffs is he? That’s the spirit!

• 67 Tsunki // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:52 PM

G2 what part of Canadialand By The Sea do you live in btw the way fyi my information?

• 68 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:53 PM

Tsunki…I’m tempted to burst in to a bit of Pulp (the band…no need to envisage explosing fruit).

But as you say, anyway…

He’ll be back just in enough time that we don’t need to worry about strenghtening the midfield. Phew!

• 69 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:54 PM

Tsunki @ 67…Really? 🙂

• 70 JDdubai // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:54 PM

Is there actually anyone other than me that is optimistic(dangerous word to use after the “valley” drama) with the way we have improved recently and thinks we will be comfortably fine this season?

Anyone?

Helloooooooooooooo?

So lonely over here…

• 71 Tsunki // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:57 PM

Ibiza I think old Jarvis C would like Jeff, sorry – new name – Ray just as much as he did Michael Jackson. 🙂

• 72 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:57 PM

JD…There are indeed others.

However, don’t feel lonely. We are all on the same side and want the same thing.

We just think we’re at different stages. I for one would be delighted to know that we’re at the stage you think.

• 73 Tsunki // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:58 PM

JD – er i’ll ask around. 😐 I think you threw me a bit when you used the word ‘ comfortably’ in there, willy-nilly like.

• 74 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:58 PM

I live in the part called Port Moody Tsunki mate. West coast. Near Vancouver. Mountains, valleys, ocean. Very scenic.

• 75 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 5:59 PM

Tsunki…I’d forgotten all about that incident. Trip down memory lane.

Hell to it, I’m putting some Pulp on.

• 76 Tsunki // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:00 PM

Ibiza @69 – What? Whaaat? What did I say ha ha. I was wondering if he might have moved. 🙂 you know, gone to the prairies to recuperate or something.

• 77 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:00 PM

I believe we’re at the third stage of a massive intercontinental ballistic missile on the launch pad to the future JD mate. Steve has convinced me of this (see interview @61).

• 78 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:01 PM

G2…For real? Port Moody? And you blame me for your glumness? 🙂

• 79 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:01 PM

Never go to the prairies to recuperate Tsunki mate. Especially not at the beginning of winter.

• 80 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:03 PM

Port Moody is all about the arts, wine, morris dancing etc. etc. Ibiza mate. Only the finer things in life for us….

• 81 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:04 PM

Tsunki…”do you live in btw the way fyi my information?”

I’m sure that’d give Google a stroke 🙂

G2…Steve should speak with BandB, I read she has plans to send people to the moon.

• 82 Ron Knee // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:05 PM

G2
    Does it get a bit desolate in winter?

• 83 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:06 PM

G2…I hear the monthly fongings are a special event.

• 84 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:06 PM

Does what get a bit desolate in winter Ron Knee mate? The Prairies? Absolutely. We have a large gulag there called Winnipeg.

• 85 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:07 PM

“Smoke some fags, and play some pool, pretend you never went to schoooool”

• 86 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:08 PM

Well actually Ibiza mate we do weekly fongings here in the wild, wooly, west. Sometimes I morris dance and fong as well. It’s very soothing once you get the rhythm…..

• 87 Tsunki // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:09 PM

I was trying to pinpoint whereabouts in the district you lived. I only got as far as Calgary and went North through Banff to Jasper then back East on the via rail. Enviable country you have there. Always fancied doing a RV trip through the rockies with the kids now they’ve all groweded up and have their own lives ha ha.

• 88 Tsunki // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:11 PM

Ibiza oh yeah sorry bit of a personal thing I have with all these text abbreviations. They make me laugh they make me cry they sometimes make me think.

• 89 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:12 PM

Yes it’s quite a country Tsunki mate. I’ve been to a lot of it but much still left to do.

• 90 Ron Knee // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:12 PM

G2
    I was looking at photos of Port Moody.

• 91 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:14 PM

The west coast is more like Britain in winter Ron Knee mate. Quite mild compared to the rest. Just a bit of snow now and then. Mostly nice freezing cold drizzle blown into the face by a brisk 60 mph westerly wind. Eat your heart out Ibiza mate.

• 92 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:14 PM

Tsunki…I share similar emotions.

G2…Once a week? Quite a fitness regime you’ve got going on there.

Now, we three run the risk of being accused of not talking about Newcastle. Sorry lads, funs up, back to reality.

Taking G2’s advice about turning that frown upside down, I’ve decided to do the same with the PL table. It’s looking good lads.

• 93 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:15 PM

You have photos of Port Moody Ron mate? Burn them immediately. We don’t have enough wine for you lot….. 😆

• 94 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:15 PM

G2…Spent a bit of time in Vancouver. You’re welcome to the weather.

Now, how to make this about Newcastle?

Why did Carver have to manage Toronto and not Vancouver?

• 95 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:19 PM

We didn’t want him Ibiza mate. We actually wanted a good manager. And we already have enough spa’s…. 😆

• 96 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:21 PM

Well then Ibiza if you’re the type who like sun and beautiful women in bikinis then I suppose Spain might just be acceptable. Sniff.

• 97 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:21 PM

G2…Come again now? Who is this “we” and what is wrong with them?

Sorry mate, you’ve had enough for today, you best go lie down.

Wanted a good manager? Not JC? Honestly, some people. The bloke saved us from relegation you know?

Right, feeding time.

• 98 GeordieTwo // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:21 PM

Off to earn my keep now. Stay wild and wooly lads.

• 99 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:22 PM

“Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur
    Of what is known as…”

Since we are naming lyrics from great British songs from the ’90tees 😉

• 100 Blackley and Brownlie // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:29 PM

Tsunki
    How much money do Brazil United want for Rayo?

• 101 Blackley and Brownlie // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:40 PM

Tsunki
    I hope Rayo is not a defender. Jib reckons our defence is fine.

• 102 Tsunki // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Blackley 😀

Jesper – London ice can freeze your toes, like anyone, I suppose you’re
    Holding on for tomorrow,row,row,rowwww.

Like the odd bit of Blur.

• 103 dok - the horrid colonial // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:46 PM

Blackley,

ask jib/jeff/jane/rayo to google it lol

• 104 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:47 PM

Tsunki…who doesn’t like the Blur of old 🙂

• 105 lesh // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:58 PM

Ibiza

There’s an article in today’s Grauniad about a consortium wanting to clean up, upgrade Magaluf and it cites Aya Nappa’s attempt at doing so.

It seems that the worthies of Aya Nappa wanted to rid it of its reputation of being another Ibiza.

Another Ibiza? Another Ibiza?? Just what do you really get up to when you’re not posting on here?

• 106 welshgeordie9 // Nov 3, 2015 at 6:59 PM

Only one British band to listen to in the 90s and it isn’t blur, I will give you a clue.

Liam and Noel.

• 107 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 7:12 PM

Lesh…Firstly, I’ve never been but whole heartedly refute the claim that Aya Nappa is ‘another Ibiza’ – Outragoues claims. Perhaps San Antonio, but not Ibiza.

Having said that, there are similar ‘clean up’ exercies going on in Ibiza. Playa D’en Bossa is well under way and there is talk of San Antonio next. I’d have thought a quick bombing would suffice for the latter.

Now, what is this time that I’m not on here that you speak of? 😉

Welsh…Come on, open your mind, expand your horizons. Mix it up a little. Great band though, not arguing with that.

• 108 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 7:13 PM

Hmm…what was going to come secondly…

• 109 Jib // Nov 3, 2015 at 7:25 PM

I think AD is talking out of his posterior orifice.
    However many on here will agree with him 🙁

• 110 dok - the horrid colonial // Nov 3, 2015 at 7:33 PM

Ibiza,

why slagging on san Antonio? I live there….

• 111 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 3, 2015 at 7:35 PM

Welsh…what do you know of the mid-nineties? you were only a toddler!

• 112 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 7:36 PM

Jib…Which bit do you think many will agree with?

Dok…It might be a different one mate….if not, you’re 15 minutes away….let’s grab a beer.

• 113 welshgeordie9 // Nov 3, 2015 at 7:41 PM

jesper

What do i know, more than you if you think Blur were good.

Ha ha ha

• 114 lesh // Nov 3, 2015 at 7:43 PM

Adrian Durham has never had a good word to say about Newcastle United. He’s one of talksport’s boors!

• 115 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 3, 2015 at 7:44 PM

Welsh…I am not going to take music advise from someone who didn’t experience the nineties 😉

• 116 Jib // Nov 3, 2015 at 7:46 PM

Jarvis looks more like Joe

and Joe’s dead

Ha ha ha

• 117 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 7:47 PM

Jesper…My good man, age has little to do with the exploration of music.

Mind, no one can argue you have time on your side 😉

Welsh…Now come on, fight your battles without having to bring Blur in to this. Next you’ll be saying the Spice Girls weren’t good!

• 118 Jib // Nov 3, 2015 at 7:49 PM

Welshie
    Stop talking to those common people

• 119 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 7:49 PM

Jib…Who is Joe? Why is it funny he’s dead?

I’m sorry but I might have follow up questions.

• 120 lesh // Nov 3, 2015 at 7:50 PM

Ibiza

The thing about cleaning up resorts which have reputations for debauchery is that the Rsoles just move on somewhere else.

Although I never been on the Island, I’m sure there’s every chance that the move up-market will be success and attract genteel and sophisticated souls such as your good self.

• 121 welshgeordie9 // Nov 3, 2015 at 7:50 PM

Jesper

How do you know i haven’t experienced the nineties, i only mentioned one band.

• 122 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 3, 2015 at 7:51 PM

Ibiza…and the looks 😉

…you on the other hand look like someone who also experienced the seventies 😉

Though we all know you turn 27 in 20 days time

• 123 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 3, 2015 at 7:51 PM

Welsh…you write like a kid in the very early twenties 🙂

• 124 welshgeordie9 // Nov 3, 2015 at 7:52 PM

Jib

Very good, pulp over blur any day of the week.

• 125 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 3, 2015 at 7:53 PM

And Welsh…if you bring down the Spice Girls Ibiza’s world will come crashing down!

• 126 lesh // Nov 3, 2015 at 7:54 PM

Jesper

I’m afraid that much of the popular music of the eighties and nineties passed me by.

I guess I must have slept through those twenty years!

Hey ho….. Bring back the beat-combos of old. Or then again, maybe not.

• 127 welshgeordie9 // Nov 3, 2015 at 7:54 PM

And no I didn’t think spice girls were good, few on here though.

Ha ha ha

• 128 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 3, 2015 at 7:55 PM

lesh…at least you were there…so to speak 😉

• 129 lesh // Nov 3, 2015 at 7:59 PM

Jesper

While not being a fan of Oasis, Blur and that genre, I will say that such bands did and do have character – they’re not part of that which is manufactured, characterless pap pop!

• 130 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 8:00 PM

Jesper…28, actually. When the big 50 mate? 🙂

Lesh…As a genteel and sophisticated soul, I must say, the day the debauchery leaves, I’ll be leaving soon after.

All I’m saying is that sorting San An out would be a good move 🙂

To the recipients of the San An folk, my deepest apologies.

Welsh…Simply outrageous comment. I may well have to report you to Ed. I think he said he was a sporty spice fan.

• 131 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 3, 2015 at 8:02 PM

Ibiza…I am only 9 years older than you mate and 9 stone lighter 😉

…plus I still got my natural hair!

• 132 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 8:03 PM

Anyone watching the Man City game? Just seen on the SS website a picture of a few fans holding “BOO” signs, but it’s focused in.

Are there lots of fans holding them?

• 133 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 8:08 PM

Jesper…You may need to see a doctor mate, that is not a healthy weight to maintain.

I’m amazed you can sit and type to be honest.

I suppose 9 years is a long time, enough reason to excuse your fading memory, and forgetting how old I was 🙂 Still, I suppose (again – lots of supposing going on) at your age, it’s consider the nice thing to do and say someone is younger than they are?

As for your natural hair, a little weird to say that to me, but congratulations. Me too. For now.

• 134 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 3, 2015 at 8:12 PM

Ibiza…I didn’t want to bring that up to you mate…weight can be a touchy subject!

…so can be in denial 😉

• 135 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 8:16 PM

Jesper…Seriously, rest mate. Eat and rest.

I’m worried about you.

• 136 Jib // Nov 3, 2015 at 8:17 PM

Mr Tuff has a shave
    Then dresses up as a Spice Girl
    Calls himself Old Spice
    Ha ha ha

• 137 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 8:18 PM

Out of interest, anybody here watch any Derby this season (and last season too perhaps)?

Interested to know how Paul Clement is getting on there.

Perhaps ignorance is bliss though. I’ll let you decide whether to tell me.

• 138 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 3, 2015 at 8:19 PM

Ibiza…that’s because eating so much in natural to you…but it’s not us mate!

• 139 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 3, 2015 at 8:23 PM

to quote what Ibiza said to me the other day:

“Of course I’m not happy! Look at me, I’m a big fat slob. I’ve got bigger titties than you do. I’ve got more chins than a Chinese phonebook. I’ve not seen my willie in two years, which is long enough to declare it legally dead.”

• 140 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 8:23 PM

Jesper…This is quite normal. You’re going delerious from hunger.

You hear that noise? It’s your stomach. Feed it. It’s okay, when you finally hit about 5 stone, no one will call you fat. I’ll still encourage you to eat more.

• 141 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 8:24 PM

Jesper…I wish I could do a dropped jaw smiley.

That was supposed to be private.

Too far, too far. A bit like when you went to motorboat them. Sick puppie.

• 142 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 8:26 PM

Might be bed time. Puppy.

• 143 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 3, 2015 at 8:26 PM

Ibiza…would you like some baby back ribs to go with that wild story of yours?

• 144 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 3, 2015 at 8:27 PM

Ibiza… 😀 lol

• 145 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 8:29 PM

Jesper…No idea what wild stroy you’re talking about, but some baby back ribs would be splendid.

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back, ribs.

Hang on, I see what you did there!

Seriously Jesper, we’ll be in big trouble soon.

• 146 Jib // Nov 3, 2015 at 8:29 PM

Ibiza
    Out of 14 games played Derby have only lost one.
    Although they are 5th , they are only 3 points behind the leaders Brighton , who are managed by Chris Hughton.

• 147 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 8:34 PM

Jib…Thank you. I have also checked their transfers from the summer. Financially, he’s been backed far greater than any previous manager, so will be tough to draw fair comparisons.

I was kind of interested about they’re style of play to.

He was a manager who has been discussed quite a lot on here. Just read an article on the BBC website and it did get me thinking about building for the future and perhaps how he might have been an excellent shout.

Mind, his season started 6 games late too.

• 148 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 8:34 PM

Got it right the first time, but not the second. Oh well.

Their* Of course!

• 149 Ibizatoon // Nov 3, 2015 at 8:36 PM

Oh dear…

too* (also getting it right at another stage in the post).

Definitely time to sign out.

Jib…You got this?

• 150 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 3, 2015 at 8:48 PM

Ibiza…I am sorry mate…we’ll leave it at that 😉

• 151 angelswithdirtyfaces // Nov 3, 2015 at 9:21 PM

Would you give either of them a character reference ?

• 152 firebug666 // Nov 3, 2015 at 9:27 PM

So Newcastle are hoping that Elliot will be fit for the weekend, if not Woodman will be used rather than pay out money for a loan keeper for one match.

Great idea either play a not fully fit Elliot, or and 18 year old academy player, if it save the club money.

It’s not like we need the points is it!

• 153 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 3, 2015 at 9:40 PM

firebug…7 days! not one month !

• 154 goommy // Nov 3, 2015 at 9:40 PM

Welcome back Jack!! And yeah, your place is on the bench thank you..

• 155 jimmysmith // Nov 3, 2015 at 9:45 PM

It’s interesting that no one is really talking about McC getting the sack, and I’m not advocating it, because the side does look increasingly good and we clearly have some good players, but surely we are in the bottom three because of this transition in style.

A fans job is to support and to be hopeful, I suppose, but there comes a time when you need to speak out and apply pressure.

Obviously McC needs to start picking up points. It’s not out of the question that the style to substance ratio we are seeing, won’t come good.

How long can he hold fast to the ideal, if the results don’t follow?

• 156 jane // Nov 3, 2015 at 10:23 PM

if we lose to Bournemouth the pressure will ramp up for sure. Bournemouth are in poor form with key injuries. the gap to safety could become 4 points and we are not expected to lose. it is already something of a 6 pointer.

• 157 Kurt // Nov 3, 2015 at 10:28 PM

Armstrong with 2 new goales tonight

• 158 Kurt // Nov 3, 2015 at 10:29 PM

Goals ?

• 159 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 3, 2015 at 10:38 PM

Jimmy…the next three games are very important to us…and to McClaren!

• 160 firebug666 // Nov 3, 2015 at 10:47 PM

jesper

I never mentioned days or months mate, I said for one match.

previous post: Newcastle Make Surprise Move For Goalkeeper