Jack Colback Sets Return Date

Jack Colback seems to be going by the book when he says he hopes to be back by mid-December because that’s six weeks after he picked up the injury and that was the prognosis of the specialist he visited in London.

We are still hoping that Jack could be back before that time but of course Newcastle will certainly not rush him back.

jack colback injured against Stoke

Jack Colback – going off after being injured against Stoke City

Jack has a knee injury and he talked about it on the Newcastle web-site:

“It’s better than we first thought, so that’s a positive.” “I’m disappointed to be injured but from what it could have been, it’s not too bad. “Where my foot was planted it just twisted the wrong way. It’s unfortunate but it happens.”

“It was a feeling I hadn’t felt before, so straight away I knew something wasn’t right. I was trying to stay on but the physios and doctor told me it was no good and I had to come off.” “I had an initial scan where we feared it was going to be out a bit longer.”

“That was followed by a further scan and we then went to see a specialist in London who gave us the better news that it’s around six weeks. It was as good as it could have been.”   “Touch wood, I haven’t had many bad injuries.” “Before this, the longest I was out was four weeks, so this is the worst of my career so far.”

“I suppose I’ve been lucky, when you look at other players and what they’ve been through, but you can’t prevent injuries – it’s part of the game – so you just have to get on with it.” “Every player is the same when they get injured – they don’t want to be in the treatment room.

You never want to miss any games but I’m just trying to look at the positives that it could have been a lot worse.” “Right now I’m just resting to help the knee heal, and once that stage is out of the way I will be doing rehab before trying to get outside again as quickly as I can.”

“It’s worse watching matches from the stands. From my experience, it’s a lot easier playing than watching.” “It will be a tough few weeks but the team are playing well and hopefully we can start turning those performances into victories.”

Jack hasn’t had a serious injury in his career thank goodness – but he hasn’t played long for Newcastle either and as we mentioned (again) this morning but it was also during a game – and we seem to pick up a lot of these injuries in training.

Newcastle pick up more injuries by far than any other Premier League club and it’s been happening for at least 10 years.

We don’t even hear anybody at Newcastle talking about what the problems could be that are causing all our injuries.

Let’s hope Jack can return before mid-December and by that time we have a  few wins under our belt and are away from the bottom of the Premier League.

• John Tudor

Nov 3, 2015 at 2:58 PM

the 12th of never is it

• Graeme

Nov 3, 2015 at 2:59 PM

Never had a serious injury!!! He’s in the right place to correct that then!!!

• Tsunki

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:00 PM

That’s nice. Let me know how you get on jack. Zzzzz

• Ibizatoon

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:04 PM

“We don’t even hear anybody at Newcastle talking about what the problems could be”

End it there Ed. Are you surprised?

What problems? Stop being impateint. It’ll be alright eventually.

• Tsunki

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:06 PM

Ray telling Blackley that reading isn’t rocket science. You couldn’t make it up. What happened when you read ‘Rayo Vallecano’ then Ray? 🙂 bit of brain surgery?

• Blackley and Brownlie

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:07 PM

Ah Jib, so you reckon SDJ and Ayoze probably can’t play in the same team. I agree but only on the basis that SDJ is struggling to play in any team with any player. You don’t give your reason. What is it? Let’s have some real football analysis.

• lesh

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:17 PM

Anyone heard anything from or about Chancel recently?

• lesh

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:20 PM

Ibiza

Problems? What problems?

And meanwhile, the band played on while the deckchairs were rearranged.

• Blackley and Brownlie

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:20 PM

Jib

You say, “The problem for Siem is he was bought for a specific role and Ayoze Perez was later bought as his back up.”

We know you follow the club line but that actually sounds as if you are the club; Graham Carr in particular. It shouldn’t take you 30 seconds to google support for your statement.

You make it sound as if the club has a real philosophy and team building plan and it is not simply identifying a player and signing him as an investment? Please tell us more. What is the role, who identified the role, and who decided SDJ was the man to fill it?

• Blackley and Brownlie

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:24 PM

Tsunki
    What’s the “Rayo Vallecano” thing? I’ve missed that one.

• Jib

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:28 PM

Chun ki
    I was telling Blackley scrolling back wasn’t difficult.
    I thought you were pissed on Sunday so largely ignored you.
    You REALLY want to make a big deal out of me calling Rayo Vallecano , Real Vallecano ?
    Oh deary me

• Ibizatoon

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:29 PM

Lesh…Exactly. What problems? Where are they?

If you see any, you’re simply focusing on the wrong things.

As for Chancel, I imagine we’ll hear from him soon. Something about performances being improved and points being just round the corner. You never know, he may pay tribute to Colo for helping him settle.

• JDdubai

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:32 PM

Looks like a tough crowd, do i dare post something about thinking we are heading in the right direction……..

• Ibizatoon

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:35 PM

JD…Please do. Just understand that whilst I’m worried about the here and now, I can understand that things may imrpove results wise soon, but then again, they may not. Such is football.

All we can say with any certainty is that we have played better than we have previously, but as it stands, we’re still relegation fodder.

Everything is crossed mind.

• Ibizatoon

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:40 PM

Graeme…Interesting read. I am not a big fan of Mcclaren and would have hoped / thought he could be doing better than we are, however, given where we were, which was down to Ashley (well, his door anyway – the pesky thing), it seems bizarre to completely remove him from the firing line.

Amazing what an interview, “removing” yourself from the board and allowing the club to invest some of it’s own money will do to public perception.

• lesh

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:41 PM

Ibiza

Chancel as in ToonfromLeeds

It’d be nice to hear he’s ok

• Ibizatoon

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:42 PM

JD…I should change part of that to ‘all I can say’. I wont speak for anyone else.

• Ibizatoon

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:44 PM

Lesh…Oh I see. Yes, he has been quiet.

Indeed it would. Hope all’s good Chancel (TFL), and the other Chancel if he’s reading.

• hibbitt

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:50 PM

blackley about SDJ strolling ……took my to lads last night and watch quite an enjoyable game toney is going to be a handful looking good…. roberts took his goals well and gets better every time i see him……… on SDJ never broke sweat strolled through the game at times you could see the football brain a work one or two lovely touches but so far off the pace for the prem i can see the the thinking about him not starting a game in the prem till january looked like he was doing preseason

• Blackley and Brownlie

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:01 PM

Hibbitt
    I would have gone last night but I was working. I just do not understand SDJ. He either can’t run, can’t be arsed to run, thinks he’s too good to run or doesn’t think it is required. Is it too much to ask for him to play football AND run around at the same time? Or would this great footballing brain that we hear so much about lose function if he were to get a sweat on?

• Blackley and Brownlie

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:03 PM

Tsunki
    Has the majority on the blog (the astute football pundits) with whom Jib identifies himself unearthed a footballing talent for us? Who is this “Rayo” kid?

• Blackley and Brownlie

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:06 PM

Jib
    About this “Rayo” kid? Has your friend Mr Carr been on another foray into the Spanish lower leagues?

• Tsunki

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:14 PM

Blackley @ 10 and ‘Ray’ (formerly ‘Jib’, formerly ‘Jeff’) –

In a moment befitting the Wile E. Coyote of the blog, the sniping corrector of all typos, grammatical and punctuational errors and all manner of faux pas, posted a rumour about someone we were supposed to be following, from the famous Spanish club, ” Real Valllecano” ( note the extra “L”). I duly pounced, as I felt the biter deserved a bit of chewing himself. Now whenever he feels the urge to have a pop at someone, I remind His Rayness of the perilous world he inhabits, where traps he lays are often self sprung. ‘ Hoist by his own petard’ as Shakespeare (roughly) said.

No Ray, I will be hanging on to that for a while. : D

• JDdubai

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:24 PM

Im missing this, is it about more than spelling?

• Mister Tuff

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:46 PM

Tsunki – excellent stuff -get the boot into Jibberish he’s a plonker.

Jib Jibberish – you will have just read a post including the name Shakespeare – this is not Craig Shakespeare the Assistant manager at Leicester but William Shakespeare (the Bard).

• Tsunki

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:48 PM

Jd you’re not missing anything. it’s about a blog nitpicker being nitpicked.

• GeordieTwo

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:55 PM

Many of you on here are saying “Harrumph!”. I agree with that.

• Jib

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:56 PM

For those that subscribe
    NUFC24/7 Number 13
    is up

• GeordieTwo

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:57 PM

Ibiza has been very serious on here lately. It’s disturbing. Is it just a passing phase? I certainly hope so….

• GeordieTwo

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:58 PM

Yes, best wishes Chancel (TFL). Hope things are good with you.

• GeordieTwo

Nov 3, 2015 at 5:00 PM

Oh, and another thing. I have an exciting new series of interviews coming up with important club insiders. This is a unique opportunity to get inside the club lads. There will be the usual entertainment between each interview. Very exciting times these.

• GeordieTwo

Nov 3, 2015 at 5:03 PM

I don’t want to give away too much lads, but my first interview will be with a man often called Wally.

• bladeuser

Nov 3, 2015 at 5:04 PM

ASH OUT
    SMAC OUT
    COLO OUT

• GeordieTwo

Nov 3, 2015 at 5:06 PM

And all’s well with me Ibiza mate. Thanks for asking. Harrumph!

• GeordieTwo

Nov 3, 2015 at 5:08 PM

Well said bladeuser. We need a real manager and possibly a former REAL manager. What’s Ancelotti doing these days?

• GeordieTwo

Nov 3, 2015 at 5:09 PM

Stand by lads. I’m about to reach maximum seriosity……

• GeordieTwo

Nov 3, 2015 at 5:10 PM

And it’s all your fault Ibiza mate. Look at me… a complete mess! I used to be a funny guy. Now, after reading all your serious posts I’m downright glum!!!

• Jib

Nov 3, 2015 at 5:11 PM

Tsunki // Nov 3, 2015 at 4:14 PM

Blackley @ 10 and ‘Ray’ (formerly ‘Jib’, formerly ‘Jeff’) –
    I felt the biter deserved a bit of chewing himself.

No Ray, I will be hanging on to that for a while.

Clever chap
    I bet you feel proud
    Have you shown your kids this

I thought not. 🙂

Why not ?

• Ibizatoon

Nov 3, 2015 at 5:13 PM

G2…Easy now, I’ve always taken seriosity extremelly, well, ermm…yeah.

Glad all is well with you.

Don’t be glum. Just look at what wor Ashley has done for us and be happy.