There’s A Trust And No Worries – We’re Doing Well

Fabricio Coloccini had a good solid game at the back for Newcastle last Saturday against Stoke and when Fabricio is in form then Newcastle are usually in form too.

We have noticed the captain is giving a lot more interviews under Steve McClaren than he ever did when Alan Pardew was in charge at Newcastle and that´s fitting since he is the captain and has been since the summer of 2011 when Kevin Nolan left for then Championship club West Ham United.

coloccini at swansea 2-0

Fabricio Coloccini – positive and upbeat

Steve McClaren has been upbeat when our results have been the worst in our history – after 11 games we have four draws and one win – which is what we had at the start of the 1898-1899 season.

That was our seventh season in existence after Newcastle East End and Newcastle West End came together as Newcastle United.

It´s interesting that Coloccini has also been positive and upbeat about things and here´s what the captain had to say earlier this week in the Chronicle about the current Newcastle situation:

“In years gone by, if we were in this situation we might have been a bit worried.” “But now I think we all have trust in the game plan and what we are doing here.”

“There is trust in the players as well.” “I think you can see that on the pitch.” “After the game on Saturday night we spoke in the changing rooms about how difficult it is these days to get wins in the Premier League.”

“Even when you play well you aren’t always guaranteed the points.” “We know we need to work hard on the pitch and give 110%.”

“It’s very difficult to get results.” “I think we are doing well and the results will come, we are working very hard to get them.”

We will know more after Steve McClaren´s press conference for the game at Bournemouth on Saturday, but it looks like Newcastle will risk starting Rob Elliot in goal and that´s even more reason why our back four and Coloccini have to be in top form in a game we have to win.

• Ibizatoon

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:52 AM

I’ve always felt that after his football career, Colo could go in to motivational speaking.

Everyone else fired up for their Thursday?

Roar like a Colo people!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:52 AM

Speaking of Penfold…what’s he still doing here after last seasons disaster?

…how can incompetence be rewarded?

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:54 AM

Ibiza…is that a direct quote 😉

• cyprus

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:54 AM

Agreed Colo. Of course, the maximum one can give is really100% 🙂

The highest I’ve heard (in the USA of course), is giving 200%. That’s a lot.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:55 AM

It seems so 🙂 lol

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:58 AM

Cyprus,
    Not that I watch it :O but X factor contestants regularly give 100 million per cent, they claim !

• Ibizatoon

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:58 AM

Jesper…Usually it’s not. Which always leads me back to, those who make the calls (I’ve used plural to play fair), must view the work to a decent enough standard.

Sorry scrap that, it has nowt to do with Ashley- he’s far too busy and really, how much time does he have for a little investment like NUFC? – he’s left it all to Lee, even the decision as to whether Lee should remain employed. Yep. Sounds good to me.

• Ibizatoon

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:00 AM

Jesper…Honestly, did you not read what Colo had to say, word for word?

I’ve already printed, laminated and placed a copy on my wall above my desk.

There’s no stopping me now. I may even change my name to ‘InspiredToon’.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:07 AM

Ibiza…that would explain why Penfold is still here 😉

Lets be frank about this. Last season Penfold and Ashley basically penned it all on Carver and Stone and the fact they had no idea Pardew could leave and leave them no room to get a replacement…

…it’s not like they had a reason to look for someone else even prior to Pardew leaving 😉

• Rotonda heights

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:09 AM

Munster

Whenever I feel sorry for myself I just read one of your implausibly inane comments and think ”there for the grace of god go I.”

• BandB

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:12 AM

Ibizatoon

There seems to be a gap of about eight places between what the club claims to target and what it is prepared to fund in terms of non-recoverable staffing costs.
    The manager’s primary responsibility is to put a brave face on that gap (hence Ashley’s “be strong” comment).
    When Pardew left and Carver proved a PR disaster, the system required his immediate replacement by a proven “on-message” guy, and McClaren ticks that particular box very hard.

• headtheball

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:21 AM

If it’s so hard to get a win, are the following teams doing something different to NUFC.
    Man C 8 wins
    Arsene 8 wins
    Leicester 6 wins
    Manure 6 wins
    Come on U Spurs 5 wins
    I’m forever blowhards 6 wins
    The Kings team 5 wins
    ???
    HWTF

• hibbitt

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:23 AM

PR bullshit

• Ibizatoon

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:28 AM

BandB…It does appear that way. They were clear though, they’re not looking for a yes man.

I’m pretty sure they despise that type.

They want people who’ll challenge them, but not rock the boat (or challenge them).

Headtheball…Long time no see. We can’t possibly compete with THOSE teams. It’d be much fairer to cite Chelsea. You see, Ashley and Abramovich are more or less the same. Even down to both having surnames that begin with A. Wins are hard, but the quest for silverware continues.

• lesh

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:35 AM

But what Ed hasn’t told us is that after that disastrous start of the 1888-89 season, we went on to with the Champions League!

Harrumph

• catchy in norway

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:40 AM

Says it all

• BandB

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:45 AM

Catchy,

Can you tell me when players pontificating in the Chronicle about how much they understand the need to put things right has ever led to a surge in form?

• Ibizatoon

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Catchy…Says what exactly, that players will pretty much say as their told by their employers?