The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Encouraging News On Rolando Aarons

5:49 pm, Friday, November 6th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 53 Comments

We thought that Steve McClaren has some better news about Rolando Aarons who was injured again last Friday in training with an ankle injury, but Steve says it is not a long term injury and he will be out for about three or four weeks.

So that means Rolando will miss very few games with there being only three league games – including tomorrow’s trip to Bournemouth – before we face Liverpool at home on December 6th.

Rolando Aarons +Sheffield+United+v+Newcastle+uCd8SVwns5Il

Rolando Aarons – out for just two or three weeks with twisted ankle

Steve in his press conference today was asked about the status of the 19 year-old winger:

“Yes, he got a kick and twisted his ankle – had a scan a – a few weeks – and he will be out three or four weeks.”

“He’s been a little unlucky with injuries and he’s only a young man but he needs to get some consistency and some performances and he keeps getting little knocks.”

“But they will clear up eventually and they will be right and eventually he will come back and be a good player.”

“I think it’s all and parcel of growing up and part and parcel of being in a big club and a big team and the expectations are huge and when you come in and when you perform like he has – and he’s done very very well – there’s a certain amount of expectation and pressure.”

“If you cannot get into a rhythm it’s frustrating and that’s where Rolando is at te moment but he’s only 18 or 19 so he has plenty of years ahead.”

When Rolando picked up the injury a week ago he was more than frustrated as he put out this tweet:

But he got a lot of encouragement immediately from Newcastle fans and all Rolando needs to do is take it easy – try to stay calm and focused – and do what the coaches and the medical staff tell him to do.

As McClaren has said today – this frustrating set of injuries will shortly clear up – and he’ll be playing again for Newcastle.

It’s obvious with McClaren’s comments above that he rates the 19 year-old very highly.

That’s good – Rolando is a huge favorite with Newcastle fans.

Comments welcome.

Tags: Newcastle News · Newcastle U21 · Newcastle Youth · Premier League · Press Conference · Rolando Aarons

53 responses so far ↓

• 1 Tsunki // Nov 6, 2015 at 5:50 PM

That would be Ashley Out! Then.

• 2 Tsunki // Nov 6, 2015 at 5:51 PM

Aarons..Aarons…I seem to remember him…didn’t he used to be French or something?

• 3 Tsunki // Nov 6, 2015 at 5:54 PM

I think Roland can safely blame John Carver for his troubles, Ed – what do you think? John Carver and his Clowns / Crew / Misfits / Incompetents… oh hang on… thats not er….er…

• 4 Jib // Nov 6, 2015 at 5:59 PM

A fat guy talking to himself – How weird !!!!!

• 5 Ibizatoon // Nov 6, 2015 at 5:59 PM

Tsunki…Perhaps Rolando is part of another mob / crew / lot / rabble – The unfits?

Pretty poor, but you looked lonely.

• 6 Ibizatoon // Nov 6, 2015 at 6:00 PM

My bad…didn’t mean to interrupt.

• 7 BandB // Nov 6, 2015 at 6:01 PM

“The club’s policy on recruitment remains unchanged….”

Who said that?

Some ghastly nay-saying negger no doubt..

• 8 Ibizatoon // Nov 6, 2015 at 6:04 PM

BandB…You may want to sit down for this, as it’s quite shocking…,,10278~5107157,00.html

We’ve changed! Honest. Well, no, obviously we haven’t changed that, or that, why would we change that?

• 9 Ibizatoon // Nov 6, 2015 at 6:05 PM

hmmm…troublesome link there.

• 10 BandB // Nov 6, 2015 at 6:05 PM

But that must have been months and months ago…before Ash ripped up the rule book and ushered in the new era.

• 11 Ibizatoon // Nov 6, 2015 at 6:08 PM

BandB…You still sitting down?

It seems some are resisting Ashleys vision.

I’d be furious if I were him.

• 12 BandB // Nov 6, 2015 at 6:11 PM

That must a be a forgery.
    Is it from The Mag?
    Are you telling me that the Football Board is pushing on with its own policies despite what Mike said?

Somebody berra tellum!

• 13 Ibizatoon // Nov 6, 2015 at 6:13 PM

Looking at the whole statement again, it just occured to me that maybe, just maybe, I’ve misinterpreted what was meant.

“it may consider exceptions in specific circumstances”

I assumed that they meant our circumstances, as in, if such a player was needed, we’d look at getting one. The other side of it though, is that yes we’ll buy PL tested players, but only ones who have been injured or are having problems at their club. Basically, if we can get them cheap. Which to be fair, would be a continuation of the policy.

• 14 Ibizatoon // Nov 6, 2015 at 6:14 PM

BandB…It does seem that way. Maybe some mackems hacked the site and changed the details?

• 15 BandB // Nov 6, 2015 at 6:15 PM

I bet it was those usual suspects making things up to discredit our lovely new leaf.

• 16 Ibizatoon // Nov 6, 2015 at 6:21 PM

Those pesky usual suspects. Wouldn’t know a lovely leaf it it fell on their head.

So – what do you think for tomorrow? I’m expecting a continuation of improvement in performance. I’m relieved that I no longer have the added pressure of thinking the result matters. The points are coming at some stage, so I’m fairly relaxed.

• 17 BandB // Nov 6, 2015 at 6:24 PM

I think we should win.

Not that that matters, of course.

Things that look better but aren’t is just cosmetic improvement, surely?.

• 18 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 6, 2015 at 6:29 PM

Is Callum Wilson playing tomorrow?

• 19 Ibizatoon // Nov 6, 2015 at 6:32 PM

BandB…That is my understanding, yes.

But only for now – it wont just look better soon, it will be better! The two go hand in hand.

The only small issue is timing, but hey, it’d take some sort of a lunatic to be worried about that with a mere 25-30% of the season gone.

• 20 Ibizatoon // Nov 6, 2015 at 6:34 PM

Jesper…Isn’t he their striker who is out injured for a while?

Maybe we could sign him in January?

• 21 BandB // Nov 6, 2015 at 6:35 PM

Where did you get 30 per cent from?

The manager says our season has just started.

And what a flyer we are off to, given the blatant unfairness of pitching us straight up against teams like Norwich, Sunderland, Stoke and Bournemouth.

• 22 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 6, 2015 at 6:39 PM

Ibiza…if that’s the case then good for us…then we just need to drop Colo and we should set for three points 😉

• 23 Ibizatoon // Nov 6, 2015 at 6:41 PM

BandB…Apologies, it’s been a long week and I stupidly used figures that apply to the rest of the league.

I’m pleased with the mistake though, now that “small issue” is a non-existent issue.

Thanks for highlighting that for me.

• 24 Ibizatoon // Nov 6, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Jesper…3 points? Remind me, are they a good thing?

Just remembered, I’m supposed to be reviewing posts from this morning. I mean, ermm, I did review it, wrote a long essay on it, but the dog ate it.

I’ll do it again over the weekend and come back to you.

• 25 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 6, 2015 at 6:43 PM

Yes Ibiza, lets sign some more injury prone players!

…like we don’t have enough 😉 like a moth to a flame

• 26 BandB // Nov 6, 2015 at 6:44 PM

Look Ibiza, if we finish in the bottom three we can always ask our lawyers to have the whole league thrown in jail.

Got to go.

Yours synergistically.

• 27 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 6, 2015 at 6:45 PM

Ibiza…ha ha ha! Ho ho ho! Hi hi hi

No need to mate! About the three points I cannot remember it’s been a while!

• 28 Shadow_Shearer // Nov 6, 2015 at 6:46 PM

Aarons is gonna be like Hba, not as good, but he’s gonna need the freedom to attack, with less defending responsibility

• 29 BandB // Nov 6, 2015 at 6:51 PM

I hope the club will commission some research highlighting the fact that every single team that has been relegated for the past ten years has got three points at some stage during the season.
    Who could argue with that?

• 30 Ibizatoon // Nov 6, 2015 at 6:52 PM

BandB….I’m on to you! 🙂 Take care.

Jesper…I know there’s no need, but I was interested, well, I think I was anyway. Perhaps I’ll review it and see before committing 🙂

As for injured players, well they wont be injured forever! Would you prefer we pay more for players who aren’t injured, just so that they can get injured? It just makes no financial sense, excuse me, they don’t represent pound for pound value.

That’s the problem with small players too – just not enough meat to warrant the prices 😉

• 31 Ibizatoon // Nov 6, 2015 at 6:53 PM

BandB@29… Ha ha

• 32 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 6, 2015 at 6:56 PM

Ibiza…well if we buy ’em small and beef ’em up wouldn’t that give us good pound for pound value? 😉

…maybe that’s why Ashley likes to buy ’em injured so they’ll get fat. Every pound count 😀

• 33 Ibizatoon // Nov 6, 2015 at 7:01 PM

Jesper…Not sure short and pudgy is a decent end game to be honest.

I mean just look at the grief over Bennys weight issues!

• 34 welshgeordie9 // Nov 6, 2015 at 7:03 PM

1:19 PM

Jib // Nov 2, 2015 at 9:12 AM

John Tudor
    That’s quite a long post for you !
    Still utter bollix like , best return to short one in future 🙂
    so heres probably my last comment if that happens
    the blog will left to jib jane welshie and all the other scathing remark making detritus that is left on it to live in hope ,nay cloud cuckoo land

I’ve got more things to worry about than your petty BS, do me a favour grow up.

• 35 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 6, 2015 at 7:18 PM

Ibiza…what do you mean? Wasn’t that good pound for pound value?

• 36 Ibizatoon // Nov 6, 2015 at 7:25 PM

Jesper…No, not good value at all. What did we pay for the lad? Then he just started piling that weight on and we couldn’t even give him away.

Apparently the freight costs were just too much for teams to take the gamble.

You’ve got to get the height to weight ratio right in this pound for pound business. If it can’t walk itself, you’ve gone too far, and thus the value drops.

• 37 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 6, 2015 at 7:38 PM

Ibiza…maybe that pound for pound idea is just a scam?

• 38 Ibizatoon // Nov 6, 2015 at 7:42 PM

Jesper…Is that a joke? If not, lie and say it is.

What an outrageous thought.

The pound for pound policy is up there with the purple policy.

Maybe it has something to do with ‘P’ policies? Most of them do seem to take the Piss 😉

• 39 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 6, 2015 at 7:45 PM

Ibiza…of course it was a joke 😉

• 40 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 6, 2015 at 7:47 PM

The purple policy! Now that was a policy … and what a policy it was 😉

• 41 Ibizatoon // Nov 6, 2015 at 7:52 PM

Jesper…Phew. I like you, but I’m not sure I could handle such accusations towards the club.

Why are you talking about the purple policy in the past tense? The benefits of it are really taking shape now.

• 42 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 6, 2015 at 7:57 PM

Ibiza….well becau…it…w#”’re…bre”k…up!!! static krzzzz krzzzz………………………………………………………………

• 43 Our Toon // Nov 6, 2015 at 8:58 PM

Has the blog died? I see hba is back in the french national team!!

• 44 lesh // Nov 6, 2015 at 9:01 PM

Ibiza et al

You posted the FF notes and looking at them, I was interested in Charnley’s email.

Focussing on his comments about spending and more particularly, not wanting to sell top players [this summer], he made much about the Clubs healthy financial situation.

However, one paragraph worried me – ‘We are in a very strong financial position. To allow us to continue in this vein, we need to ensure that the club’s finances remain just as healthy over the coming years. We ask that you trust us in this process.’

Those last few words trouble me. They ask that fans trust them……..

Does that suggest that if we’re going to buy this winter, then there are going to be some sales?

Fair enough, sell the deadwood, but could they have it mind to sell one of the top players Charnley referred to, to fund the winter spend?

He’s asking fans to trust the Club’s owner and directors? That’s one helluvan ask and it’s up to them to earn that trust – consistently.

As it stands, they’re pushing Ashley’s horse ‘n’ cart up a hill.

We’ll all be watching transfer activity with interest I’m sure.

• 45 Our Toon // Nov 6, 2015 at 9:24 PM

Haven’t read it and wouldn’t want to read it as it’s all lies. Ace Ventura talks more sense our if his arse than this regime does out if there mouths!!

• 46 ShirebrookToon // Nov 6, 2015 at 9:30 PM

Salford City outclassing Notts County in FA Cup 1st round haha 2-0 whoops 🙁

• 47 martoon // Nov 6, 2015 at 9:58 PM

ShirebrookToon @46 – Just watched the match Salford were by far the better team and thoroughly deserved their win – the second goal was a cracker!

• 48 Tsunki // Nov 6, 2015 at 10:27 PM

Ray @4 – anyone reading that and seeing the responses to it would conclude you are narrating yourself.

• 49 ShirebrookToon // Nov 6, 2015 at 10:28 PM

Salford were excellent every man gave there all and more still. Why can’t the toon do that? Made Notts county look like the non league team.

• 50 jimmysmith // Nov 6, 2015 at 10:31 PM

The transfer policy hasn’t changed, but the level of investment is greater and the football better.

We need continued an consistent investment, but clearly there has been a change in approach.

For the better? That’s hard to say conclusively, we’re in the bottom three, but you’d surely think the odds are more so than not.

• 51 Jib // Nov 6, 2015 at 10:34 PM

Nice Positive article

• 52 Tsunki // Nov 6, 2015 at 10:39 PM

We will see soon enough won’t we? According to the Blue Sky Parade the club policy will bear fruit starting tomorrow and we will never look back or be troubled by the fearful spectre of relegation places again. We shall propel ourselves skyward to places the great King Himself never dreamed could possibly exist. It’s not that I don’t want them to be right, far from it. it’s just that I have a niggling doubt or two about… “The Plan”.

• 53 Jail for Ashley // Nov 6, 2015 at 11:39 PM

I will be listening to the match on the radio

previous post: Newcastle Lining Up English Players For January