The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Video – Perez Winning Goal In 1-0 Win At Bournemouth

2:55 pm, Saturday, November 7th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 29 Comments

Here is Ayoze Perez’s winning goal at Bournemouth today which came after 27 minutes after the home side had dominated the play.

Newcastle had to thank goalkeeper Rob Elliot today as the Republic Of Ireland International made some outstanding saves to keep us in the game – especially in the first half.

We’ll have a report out soon.

Tags: Ayoze Perez · Newcastle News · Premier League · Video

29 responses so far ↓

• 1 defenders needed // Nov 7, 2015 at 2:55 PM

• 2 defenders needed // Nov 7, 2015 at 2:56 PM

Repost previous thread – I can’t believe I’m saying this but watching that second half, I’m not saying change formation but I think Thauvin should be playing on the left drop Anita and play Super Gini down the middle beside Tiote. I can not believe it but he needs to be given a chance his speed and skill looked immense that second half, does anyone agree?

• 3 cyprus // Nov 7, 2015 at 2:56 PM

This is the biggest spanking I’ve received, and won, since the Spurs game.

Congrats to the goalie. Must not lose his place to Krul because he earned it today. MOM, with no comparison.
    Second best, Colo, and well done defence for a rare clean sheet, but two in a row.

Well, Ed, if the result is the ONLY thing that matters, here you go 🙂

But I demand more. Glad, in any case. Hard fought win. Bravo.

• 4 Jib // Nov 7, 2015 at 2:57 PM

I agree that defenders are needed

• 5 cyprus // Nov 7, 2015 at 2:57 PM

One shot on goal, 100% success. There are stats for you.

• 6 John Tudor // Nov 7, 2015 at 2:58 PM

sissoko to warm someone else’s bench

• 7 Tsunki // Nov 7, 2015 at 2:58 PM

it’s all right saying win ugly but not ugly and riding our chances, we can’t do that against many other teams and get a result. A win but a worrying one. And again the off switch imposed on Wijnaldum, sissoko, mitrovic, just three players who broke up our play more effectively than the opposition. Where did the passing send possession go? Was it really the plan to hold on to a goal for an entire game? Sorry, not seeing the Blue Sky yet.

• 8 Transfer Sage // Nov 7, 2015 at 3:00 PM

Terrible performance but sometimes that will happen, even to the very best sides.

The most important thing today was taking 3 points from a relegation rival.

• 9 Our Toon // Nov 7, 2015 at 3:01 PM

Toon KK

Arsenal got battered by Bayern at home yet won the game, we aren’t the only team who will perform this badly and get points for it. Whoever wins the league will be lucky to scrape a win at some point.

Elliot very good performance but he isn’t better than Krul, his best save was from the header in the first half but I can’t remember him having to make an outstanding save. He was very good at punching but let’s not get carried away. Some times a player will have days like this….like Krul at Spurs. He was class though

A win is a win, btw Colo gets alot of stick on here, I thought he was very good along with another who gets slated often, Tiote!!

• 10 cyprus // Nov 7, 2015 at 3:01 PM

Yes, Thauvin did fine. At least he held the ball, unlike everyone else.

In my mind, it’s one DM, rather than two, it surprisingly makes us too vulnerable as we then tend to defend too much. And there’s little connection between attack and defense…

So, there’s your slot for Thauvin…

• 11 Mister Tuff // Nov 7, 2015 at 3:01 PM

WOW.
    Jib // Nov 7, 2015 at 2:57 PM
    I agree that defenders are needed

well done Jib Jibberish it’s only taken you 3 months into the season to work that out. Duh. Stick to rugby or Miss World – any old granny at the bingo has more football knowledge that you.

• 12 toon kk // Nov 7, 2015 at 3:02 PM

Thauvin helped change the game, perez did well to score but on the whole he was a wimp.
    I can’t take this game as a victory just three points, but I’ll take them.

• 13 Transfer Sage // Nov 7, 2015 at 3:02 PM

Our toon

I think Krul is a better shot stopper, I think I prefer elliot for control of his box. His distribution is leagues ahead of kruls too.

• 14 Jib // Nov 7, 2015 at 3:05 PM

Mr Tuff
    There is no need to bring B and B into it !
    Old granny at the bingo indeed , apologise to her immediately

• 15 hibbitt // Nov 7, 2015 at 3:05 PM

the only good thing was the 3points any body else would have done us bournemouth just cannot score had there chances didn’t take them

• 16 defenders needed // Nov 7, 2015 at 3:06 PM

i believe they are both mediocre Goal keepers, I used to think Highly of Krul but the last two seasons I have changed my opinion on him. But both keepers have there good points, Krul can make a save when needed and eliot can control his box.

• 17 CisseSomething // Nov 7, 2015 at 3:06 PM

3 points!!

• 18 jane // Nov 7, 2015 at 3:07 PM

so now we will gradually climb to safety, buy one or two decent players in January and make an effort in the FA cup and everyone will be happy 🙂

• 19 John Tudor // Nov 7, 2015 at 3:07 PM

desist in your efforts to snide out of it

• 20 Pottsclock // Nov 7, 2015 at 3:09 PM

Simply we’re missing a Cabaye type player in midfield who can actually hold on to and pass the ball. We don’t even have one in the squad.
    Anita is only what he is – a utility player who can fill in when the preferred choice is out. Squad player at best. Today he had a bad game even by those standards. This game would have been very different had we had a ball player in midfield.
    Thuavin looked better but he was brought on when Bournemouth were pushing and leaving some space – still not convinced.

• 21 toon kk // Nov 7, 2015 at 3:11 PM

Our toon
    I agree with what you say about Colo getting alot of stick, he does have some very good games but also some very poor ones.
    As for Tiote I have to disagree I think he’s a dirty player who lacks skill and pace. He is still remembered for the goal against Arsenal.

• 22 Tsunki // Nov 7, 2015 at 3:14 PM

Just been watching Southampton 8-0 against the mackems to cheer me up great comedy classic, including Vergini forgetting which end of the pitch he was at and a cracker from ‘Bournemouth legend’ Vic Wanyama. Comedy gold!

• 23 jane // Nov 7, 2015 at 3:17 PM

Adam Armstrong not allowed to play for Coventry today presumably so he isn’t cup tied so presumably he could play for Newcastle in the FA cup at some stage?

• 24 cyprus // Nov 7, 2015 at 3:20 PM

Was surprised at how poor were our usual stand out players up front. Wigi, Mitro, Siss, never got a look in. Perez survives, as he is the guy who delivered the 3 points.

• 25 Shadow_Shearer // Nov 7, 2015 at 3:22 PM

Some will say happy to get 3 points but not happy with the performance. I say some days u have to grind out results. It was 1 of those games were both teams needed points, they were at home & were able to dominate possession early. The goal gave them even more determination to go forward cause they needed a goal.
    Goals change games, if they scored twice, it would have been us on the front foot dominating possession. But il take what we got today. Like I said some days u have to take a snatch and grab, pardew style!

• 26 lochinvar // Nov 7, 2015 at 3:26 PM

No corners
    Not one
    Not even close
    Shocking !

• 27 Our Toon // Nov 7, 2015 at 3:30 PM

Toon KK

I don’t want to see DM like Tiote have skill and pace. I want them to make tackles protect the back 4, track runners and be physical. Today he got booked and took one for the team as Anita was mugged again. All of the danger came from the wing and not centrally. Tiote covered for Colo when he went out wide, had to bail Anita out so many times as well.

• 28 usmagpie // Nov 7, 2015 at 3:46 PM

Happy man today, Yes I know it wasn’t the wonder game with us tearing them apart but it was a game that we needed to win and holding on for the three points away was the importance of this game. Newcastle in the past would have let the other team score for another bloody draw but not today, yes Rob was awesome today but these are the ort of games you need to win and its not normally going to be easy away from home. Out of the bottom three is all I wanted from this, lets hope that the teams below do nothing today and we can start riding up the table. Howay the Toon!!!!

• 29 Moonraker15 // Nov 7, 2015 at 3:55 PM

Toon kk
    How did Thauvin change the game? It was 1-0 when he came on and 1-0 at the end. That result proved one thing; we need signings in January but as McClaren didn’t think we needed a dm in August I have little confidence in his master plan. Elliot didn’t save anything that a decent goalie wouldn’t save. Bournemouth are toothless and will get relegated, We need s strong man in defensive midfield pleeeeaasassse !

previous post: Newcastle Unchanged For Vital Game At Bournemouth