Newcastle Teenager Keen On New Challenge

It was confirmed today that our impressive 19 year-old striker will be spending a 28 day loan spell at Barnsley and he just cannot wait to get started.

<> at St James' Park on August 25, 2015 in Newcastle upon Tyne, England.

Ivan Toney – looking forward to loan spell

This is what Ivan tweeted today:

We hope it’s a good deal for both parties and that Ivan can start knocking those goals in for Barnsley – he’s a great prospect.

• Tsunki

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:11 PM

Ashley Out!

• Tsunki

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:11 PM

Bang! Could that be any more annoying? I don’t think so. 🙂

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:14 PM

Ed a new post what’s the time on the East coast on of the US of A.

I was just getting into the last one!!

• Tsunki

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:16 PM

Now this isn’t a bad loan. Not been a fan of our previous ‘loans’ where the likes of Fergie, Vuckic, Campbell and a host of forgettables were hawked with a view to them hopefully not coming back, the loans of Armstrong and now Toney and to a lesser degree Ameobi have genuine purpose to toughen them up and find the goal and/or form on a regular basis.

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:18 PM

Or was it the West Coast?

As we are all in a multi-verse does it matter?

• Tsunki

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:21 PM

I am of the suspicion that Ed has a small collection of late night ( even less) meaningful articles to hand in case of Ashley Out! Posts. 😀

I might test him out with some “Carver is a Clown” headers…..

• Tsunki

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:22 PM

East side to the west side……

• Tsunki

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:24 PM

PardewOut mob/crew/rabble/gathering/horde/collective/crowd Out!

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:24 PM

Whoa there Tsunki, you’ll be saying that the management are being thoughtful in our loans, or hopefully they are?

• Tsunki

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:27 PM

Hmmm. Yes tread very carefully.

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:32 PM

Sorry I’m loosing e thread what are we discussing.

(As opposed to arguing or insulting)

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:34 PM

I’m sure my key board is possessed, it seems to a mind of it’s own!

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:39 PM

I do wonder why we get youngsters no better than what we have our yuoth squad and have to loan them out, would we be loaning out Deli Ali had we actually got him?

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:41 PM

Yuoth is the old English version of youth. 🙂

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:47 PM

I’ll get back to Hero’s of Might and Magic 3 if everyone else has gone to bed!

• Mister Tuff

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:50 PM

If Benny gets a start for France on Tuesday night and has a decent game I suspect there will be a debate as to whether he is better than Cabella/Thauvin and that we would have been better off keeping him.
    Game is live on ITV 8pm on Tuesday.

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:00 AM

Mr Tuff

He’ll probably have a blinder, which will have a lot of bloggers asking certain questions, none of which are relevant now!

He’s gone!!!

• Mister Tuff

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:03 AM

Geordie Bill – he’s supposed to be playing well at the minute 7 goals in 12 games I think. Be worth watching on the chance we see some amazing trick/skills.

• Munster Mag

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:15 AM

B and B, I’m not entirely sure what your point is. I didnt bring up Pardew ? Yes, I think P was over vilified, incorrectly so, given Ashleys manipulation in the background and the Carr / Pardew bad relationship ( unsuitable players for a very british manager ) . Am happy to leave that there. HBA ? Lazy bollocks – my point here is not related to Pardew, just that IMO HBA was deified for now good reason. He probably didnt suit english football, just like Mbiwa and other Carr choices, and probably Thauvin too, but hope I am wrong ( not optimistic ) . Numpties? I’m there with the best of them. I thought Sam Allardyce would help us develop certain aspects of the club when he was appointed !! 🙂

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:36 AM

Munster, when Sam first came to us I was saying how good it was that we had a modern thinking manager.

The appliance of science and ice baths seemed to be the way forward, trouble was he wasn’t the new owners idea of an ideal manager.

This is very much a what if only scenario.

In retrospect he wasn’t as good as we thought he was, or was he?

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:37 AM

Should have added, mmmm,!

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:39 AM

I can’t stop thing about kebabs, why?

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:43 AM

I would the Americans would be emerging from their nests by now, good evening America!

Nov 10, 2015 at 2:02 AM

Oh well bed time now, good night to anyone on here.

• Toon-Prodigy

Nov 10, 2015 at 4:50 AM

Wow, another Toon star wanting to shift from 40 to 100 grand a week after a couple of yrs stay..

In comes the shift for more money, because we love to keep are best? Lets see how hard we try to keep them.

Who is next? Perez, Janmaat?

Let’s not worry though because we can start over and give another manager 3 yrs where he cannot win on the pitch or in the stands either.

The football might improve a tad though, we might start passing it out from the back a touch..

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 10, 2015 at 5:35 AM

TP mate…you need to stop crying about players leaving at a certain point…especially if they feel they should be paid more than we are willing to pay and bigger clubs are willing to do that;

…honestly what are you expecting?

I don’t see the looking to sell any of our important players, but I am weary about the past of course.

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 10, 2015 at 5:36 AM

*the = them

• Ron Knee

Nov 10, 2015 at 5:40 AM

Morning jesper

I don’t think Fatso would dare to sell any of our better players now. Although it’s probably breaking his black heart not to be able to do it!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 10, 2015 at 5:47 AM

Morning Ron…I don’t feel for the fatone one bit 😉 he brought all this on himself by

a) reckless thinking

b) always employing under qualified staff/personal

c) always looking for the quick buck

d) never planing ahead / replacing players properly

e) only really interested in the PL TV money

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 10, 2015 at 5:48 AM

…I feel for us 🙁

• Ron Knee

Nov 10, 2015 at 5:53 AM

jesper

In his arrogance/stupidity he thought he could screw the system. Look where we are now!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 10, 2015 at 6:02 AM

Ron…I do think it’s a bloody shame we have to go through this, but I have restated that I believe the most important thing is that be a as a fan base / community comes out of this stronger and united;

…do this will never happen again. I do fear we have learned absolutely nothing and such a new owner come in tomorrow in would be like the movie Groundhog Day;

• Ron Knee

Nov 10, 2015 at 6:07 AM

jesper

At least a new owner would tear out all the Sh*tDirect advertising!

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 10, 2015 at 6:13 AM

Ron…that’s just a visual part of the problem (a money concern as well of course 😉 )

• jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew

Nov 10, 2015 at 6:16 AM

I am just going to write that last part in English 🙂

…so this will never happen again. I do fear we have learned absolutely nothing and should a new owner come in tomorrow it would be like the movie Groundhog Day!

• lochinvar

Nov 10, 2015 at 6:37 AM

Newcastle want to bring back West Ham striker Andy Carroll, 26, to help their relegation battle. (Daily Mirror)

Are we in a relegation battle ? If so why is McLaren still here ? Typical lazy journalism.

• JDdubai

Nov 10, 2015 at 6:50 AM

Lochinvar

Gonna be a long time til Feb1st if they are getting the AC stories out already…

• firebug666

Nov 10, 2015 at 7:15 AM

Ron Knee @33

Do you think a new owner would be able to rip out all the SD advertising?

Ashley didn’t own Rangers, but look how tightly he has them sown up.

He has us pretty much the same way, SD own the merchandising at our club and we will be lucky to get 25% of any income from that. The FREE advertising is tied into that lovely interest free loan Ashley so graciously loaned to his club, do you think if the fat man was to sell he is just going to give all that back.

Rangers are up sh1t creek without a paddle, I cannot see us being any better off.

• JDdubai

Nov 10, 2015 at 7:34 AM

It will need to be included in the terms of the buyout id imagine. Add a few extra million onto the price to get Ashley to allow it to go without the 7 year notice period.

• mindshaft

Nov 10, 2015 at 7:49 AM

not sure why asking for a wage that others are willing to pay you is wrong , have done it myself many times at various jobs – it’s called market value.
    Some people on here think players should buy a flat cap and a whippet and live the dream of the north … you need to wake up, no player at the toon gives much of a t0ss but are there to do as well as they can while they are there .. not sure there’s anything wrong with that in my book
    we’ve had a lot worse (I.e – players going on continuous sick leave and picking up cash )
    the 50s are over you radgy gets