Love Letter From Captain – Geordie Fans Are Very Special

Since Steve McClaren has arrived as the Newcastle head coach the communication from the coaching staff and especially from the captain Fabricio Coloccini has increased significantly and that cannot be too bad – since communication from he club has always been poor under owner Mike Ashley.

Colo had a great game last time out at Bournemouth and was second in our Man of the Match poll only to Rob Elliot who had a spectacular game in the lucky 1-0 win on the road – but it was a fantastic 3 points for us.

steve mcclaren fab coloccini bournemouth

Steve McClaren and Fab Coloccini after the great 1-0 win

Fabricio has sent another email to the Newcastle fans today – and this is what the Argentine International, who has been at Newcastle for over seven years now had to say:

“You are loyal, passionate and knowledgeable fans, the best in football as far as I’m concerned.” “Even when we haven’t managed to get the result we wanted from a game, you’ve been able to see what we were trying to do throughout the game and have given us your backing all the way.”

“I have to say your support has been like that all season.” “We are adapting to a new and exciting style of play under Steve McClaren and we’re starting to see things come together now.”

“First and foremost we want to win, of course, but we also want to entertain and give you the kind of football you want to see from your team. That’s certainly our aim as the season progresses.”

“I have lived in this football-mad city since 2008 and have loved every minute of it.”

“I have played football all over the world and experienced many different stadiums but there are few that can match St. James’ Park. We are a one-club city and the Geordies are very special.”

We have to give it to the Newcastle fans this season – they have been simply outstanding with their support – and that’s especially true after the terrible second half of last season.

But as Colo says – we hope Newcastle are starting to get  some much better results and improved performances to go with them.

We played very poorly at Bournemouth, but the lads have done well in the three games before that – and at least we kept fighting on the south coast last Saturday to secure all 3 points – even though we didn’t deserve them – we’ll take them.

A win at home to Leicester City a week on Saturday would also be a great 3 points for us and maybe we may see a good performance from the lads in that game.

Here’s hoping.

• firebug666

Nov 12, 2015 at 9:36 PM

So then, apart from the 3 points what happened at Bournemouth? I don’t recall seeing the players giving their all, I do recall seeing a team that was lucky to not get a thrashing.

• Sack Llambias

Nov 12, 2015 at 9:39 PM

Jail are you ther Smithers like defence of Mashley he made since relegation apart from the renaming of the stadium and the complete shambles of a transfer window,well considering you’re trying to make out that there hasn’t been any clangers since the relegation there two pretty big ones to throw in afterward,you could also cite the giving Llambias a free rein to spout his bile and purple genius,giving Parts the first ever eight year managerial contract could be seen as a major,lets see what he does in January.
    And as for your message lets get slogan let me now what yo think.

• Mag52

Nov 12, 2015 at 9:39 PM

Expat.

Don’t be an old spoilsport.

• Tsunki

Nov 12, 2015 at 9:43 PM

Ashley Out! And take your random colonial horrids when you go! 🙂

• dok - the horrid colonial

Nov 12, 2015 at 9:46 PM

haha tsunki 🙂

• Mag52

Nov 12, 2015 at 9:47 PM

A win against Leicester would herald a distinct change for the better for our club.
    HWTL.

• Tsunki

Nov 12, 2015 at 9:47 PM

For whoever it was all that time ago who laughed at the idea Ashleys pr department scans blogs etc for fan temperature, I give you silent (sideshow) bobs burst of fan love-in emails.

• Oldgit1

Nov 12, 2015 at 9:50 PM

Waiting for an idiot response from toonbrother, what a tit.. Have no time for somebody that welshes on a bet.

• dok - the horrid colonial

Nov 12, 2015 at 9:52 PM

wonder what the odds are for a win vs Leicester? goota be high…

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 12, 2015 at 9:56 PM

Personally, I think sack Llambias is Ian Toon on the drink, a few things including the copying and padting without date and time have given them away.
    From previous
    Mag52,
    That near miss brought Mikey to the negotiation table and a 50M spend, if you’d rather a return to how things were under the Ashley/Pardew alliance then I think you are seriously misguided !
    And on the patronising, don’t you think when he cited Sotons area of recruitment being more intelligent youngsters was a tad, well more than a tad patronising?

• sing in the corner

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:05 PM

Pass the bucket Bishop, err I mean Colo…

• AncientC

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:07 PM

I remember the last time I read a Coloccini letter to fans… fans of San Lorenzo that is.

“”To my San Lorencista family

“I write these lines from a long way away where I am missing my country, my family and my close ones. And with sadness of knowing that after a series of meetings held here in Newcastle that my return to Argentina has been momentarily suspended.

“Unfortunately, life does not always end up like you wanted it or needed it to, many times is it influenced by third parties and the rigidities of contracts that are stronger than the will of one’s own desires.

“However, I am convinced that this moment of disappointment need not be an obstacle for me to declare my profound gratitude to each and every one of you for the affection and the support that you all have provided me during these past few months, in every way imaginable.” – etc etc.

Anyways, a very nice quote from a player that wouldn’t be here had he got his own.

• expatmag

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:10 PM

Mag52

It used to be a canny little forum with a bit of fiendish banter but it has degenerated into arguments I can only compare to what I have seen at my daughter’s primary school.

Some posters on here need to grow a pair and accept others have genuine decent opinions that differ from theirs.

• Mag52

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:13 PM

Jail.

You know I have never said I want a return to the AP era.
    Simply that he was blamed for Ashley’s dysfunctional running of the club.
    I’d forgotten that Southampton reference. Patronizing b@gger.

• expatmag

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:13 PM

Firebug

The only thing I can say about Bournemouth is that we surely cannot play that badly again.

The result was possibly a one off complete fluke, tough on them but gratefully accepted and hopefully never to be repeated performance wise.

• Mag52

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:22 PM

Expat.

There are times, like now, when we’ve two weeks between matches, that old disagreements are regurgitated. It’s all pretty harmless.
    Once we get back into weekly fixtures it’ll all die down.

• lesh

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:22 PM

Inspiring words from Colo but he really needs to persuade Sissoko to think that way and play to his best in every game rather than blow hot and cold as he does.

• lochinvar

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:29 PM

“Dear John”
    You know how it goes….

Haven’t heard from you for some time – the clue being the word ‘”heard” – don’t know if it’s not part of your make up or if it’s a choice not to be vocal on the pitch but a few words of encouragement to the team around you might not go amiss and I am sure the fans would lift the tempo as well.

Aunty Doris is well and sends her love.
    Will send some chocolate when it’s available again.
    Be careful if you go to that Sunderland place as I’m told they can be quite unreliable down there in all sorts of ways.
    Take care
    Your ever loving fans.

P.S. If you get the chance send us a good win over Leicester , that would be nice.

• dok - the horrid colonial

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:29 PM

I happen to disagree with everything everyone has posted today…

that is all 🙂

• lesh

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:30 PM

Referring to the previous thread, there was some debate about the ingrained negativity and its cause.

I’d suggest that Simpson’s picked up on fans’ cynicism and lack of confidence about Ashley’s ambition for the Club.

Add to that the fact that that same fan negativity has been there for nearly all of the eight years of Ashley’s ownership and it will surely have affected those players who’ve been around for a few years. And let’s not forget that players will have picked up on the years of underinvestment in players, particularly quality ones.

All in all, it’s no surprise that Simpson passed on that thought and he along with McClaren and the rest of the coaching crew have a massive job on their hands.

• firebug666

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:42 PM

Expat,

I have to say that after such a poor performance last time out it’s pretty poor PR from Coloccini, (the club, Bishop) to say… ““That’s why when we step out onto the field to represent your city, we do our absolute best to repay your support each and every time.”

Because if that was their best we are in deep trouble. I am happy we got the win, it was a much needed 3 points, but the whole team was a total disgrace, and McClaren could do nothing to change it.

We need to beat Leicester and put in a performance, it will be a tough game for us against a very good team.

At least we still have hope and blind faith to hold us up, even if Coloccini is trying to reduce us to gibbering wrecks with his inane comments.

• Tsunki

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:50 PM

Hmm I’m not sure I’ve seen what they are trying to do though. Sorry colo. Can’t see it.

• Belfast

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:52 PM

Here here expat. I do think getting rid of Tsunki would help the blog mood immensely.

Tsunki out!

• manxpie

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:52 PM

nah nah lesh remember its all pardews fault

• manxpie

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:53 PM

bloody hell the lesser spotted belfast!

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:54 PM

sitc,
    I know we all welcome this new era of communication but quite frankly to hear that pre written programme note from our curly haired coward is quite cringeworthy.!

• Belfast

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:58 PM

Hi manxpie.

Just keeping a low profile lately.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:58 PM

mamxpie,
    What do you, Moanster and Mag52 love so much about the silver haired lothario and wearer of silly glasses ?

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:59 PM

Belfast,
    You’ve missed loads !

• Belfast

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:04 PM

I haven’t even been reading the comments lately to be honest.

I think I’m just about filing for divorce.

I’ve missed Dennis twice though to be fair.

• expatmag

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:05 PM

Firebug

Too true. Short memories comes to mind.

As for Sissoko, sell him because he clearly doesnt have the stomach for a fight. However, I see few top level takers, if any, for the price we would want.

• manxpie

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:06 PM

ya havent been missed like well maybe a little bit

jail nothing much but the fact people blamed him for everything the players and your favourite person got away scott free

• expatmag

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:07 PM

Belfast

You were top of my list.

Never liked the bloody Irish anyway…….lol……only kidding

• jane

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:07 PM

before the last match i posted that there were 27 matches left and if we won, drew and lost every three games we would get 43 points which is an average of 1.33 points per match so after 1 match we are are 1.66 points up on this target! last season 43 points would have been 14th place which is 4 points and 1 place more than we got.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:07 PM

Dennis twice has been hacked, he’s been leaving loads of comments copied straight from the Guardians analysis section lately, makes pawl90210’s posts look like punchlines.

• manxpie

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:08 PM

oh and wat really annoys me is people writing off the 5th season as shit, lucky blah blah blah
    it actually shows why people call us deluded

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:09 PM

jane,
    yey, yey hip hip hooray !

• 1949BH PROUDTOBEAGEORDIE

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:11 PM

dok at 9 no 28/10 ncle 25/10 leic.

• jane

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:12 PM

Jail your enthusiasm reflects the positivity that is flowing.

• Jail for Ashley

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:15 PM

jane,
    Don’t let it carry you away !