The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Love Letter From Captain – Geordie Fans Are Very Special

9:30 pm, Thursday, November 12th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 76 Comments

Since Steve McClaren has arrived as the Newcastle head coach the communication from the coaching staff and especially from the captain Fabricio Coloccini has increased significantly and that cannot be too bad – since communication from he club has always been poor under owner Mike Ashley.

Colo had a great game last time out at Bournemouth and was second in our Man of the Match poll only to Rob Elliot who had a spectacular game in the lucky 1-0 win on the road – but it was a fantastic 3 points for us.

steve mcclaren fab coloccini bournemouth

Steve McClaren and Fab Coloccini after the great 1-0 win

Fabricio has sent another email to the Newcastle fans today – and this is what the Argentine International, who has been at Newcastle for over seven years now had to say:

“You are loyal, passionate and knowledgeable fans, the best in football as far as I’m concerned.” “Even when we haven’t managed to get the result we wanted from a game, you’ve been able to see what we were trying to do throughout the game and have given us your backing all the way.”

“I have to say your support has been like that all season.” “We are adapting to a new and exciting style of play under Steve McClaren and we’re starting to see things come together now.”

“First and foremost we want to win, of course, but we also want to entertain and give you the kind of football you want to see from your team. That’s certainly our aim as the season progresses.”

“I have lived in this football-mad city since 2008 and have loved every minute of it.”

“I have played football all over the world and experienced many different stadiums but there are few that can match St. James’ Park. We are a one-club city and the Geordies are very special.”

We have to give it to the Newcastle fans this season – they have been simply outstanding with their support – and that’s especially true after the terrible second half of last season.

But as Colo says – we hope Newcastle are starting to get  some much better results and improved performances to go with them.

We played very poorly at Bournemouth, but the lads have done well in the three games before that – and at least we kept fighting on the south coast last Saturday to secure all 3 points – even though we didn’t deserve them – we’ll take them.

A win at home to Leicester City a week on Saturday would also be a great 3 points for us and maybe we may see a good performance from the lads in that game.

Here’s hoping.

Tags: Coaching · Fabricio Coloccini · Newcastle Fans · Newcastle News · Premier League

76 responses so far ↓

• 1 firebug666 // Nov 12, 2015 at 9:36 PM

So then, apart from the 3 points what happened at Bournemouth? I don’t recall seeing the players giving their all, I do recall seeing a team that was lucky to not get a thrashing.

• 2 Sack Llambias // Nov 12, 2015 at 9:39 PM

Jail are you ther Smithers like defence of Mashley he made since relegation apart from the renaming of the stadium and the complete shambles of a transfer window,well considering you’re trying to make out that there hasn’t been any clangers since the relegation there two pretty big ones to throw in afterward,you could also cite the giving Llambias a free rein to spout his bile and purple genius,giving Parts the first ever eight year managerial contract could be seen as a major,lets see what he does in January.
    And as for your message lets get slogan let me now what yo think.

• 3 Mag52 // Nov 12, 2015 at 9:39 PM

Expat.

Don’t be an old spoilsport.

• 4 Tsunki // Nov 12, 2015 at 9:43 PM

Ashley Out! And take your random colonial horrids when you go! 🙂

• 5 dok - the horrid colonial // Nov 12, 2015 at 9:46 PM

haha tsunki 🙂

• 6 Mag52 // Nov 12, 2015 at 9:47 PM

A win against Leicester would herald a distinct change for the better for our club.
    HWTL.

• 7 Tsunki // Nov 12, 2015 at 9:47 PM

For whoever it was all that time ago who laughed at the idea Ashleys pr department scans blogs etc for fan temperature, I give you silent (sideshow) bobs burst of fan love-in emails.

• 8 Oldgit1 // Nov 12, 2015 at 9:50 PM

Waiting for an idiot response from toonbrother, what a tit.. Have no time for somebody that welshes on a bet.

• 9 dok - the horrid colonial // Nov 12, 2015 at 9:52 PM

wonder what the odds are for a win vs Leicester? goota be high…

• 10 Jail for Ashley // Nov 12, 2015 at 9:56 PM

Personally, I think sack Llambias is Ian Toon on the drink, a few things including the copying and padting without date and time have given them away.
    From previous
    Mag52,
    That near miss brought Mikey to the negotiation table and a 50M spend, if you’d rather a return to how things were under the Ashley/Pardew alliance then I think you are seriously misguided !
    And on the patronising, don’t you think when he cited Sotons area of recruitment being more intelligent youngsters was a tad, well more than a tad patronising?

• 11 sing in the corner // Nov 12, 2015 at 10:05 PM

Pass the bucket Bishop, err I mean Colo…

• 12 AncientC // Nov 12, 2015 at 10:07 PM

I remember the last time I read a Coloccini letter to fans… fans of San Lorenzo that is.

“”To my San Lorencista family

“I write these lines from a long way away where I am missing my country, my family and my close ones. And with sadness of knowing that after a series of meetings held here in Newcastle that my return to Argentina has been momentarily suspended.

“Unfortunately, life does not always end up like you wanted it or needed it to, many times is it influenced by third parties and the rigidities of contracts that are stronger than the will of one’s own desires.

“However, I am convinced that this moment of disappointment need not be an obstacle for me to declare my profound gratitude to each and every one of you for the affection and the support that you all have provided me during these past few months, in every way imaginable.” – etc etc.

Anyways, a very nice quote from a player that wouldn’t be here had he got his own.

• 13 expatmag // Nov 12, 2015 at 10:10 PM

Mag52

It used to be a canny little forum with a bit of fiendish banter but it has degenerated into arguments I can only compare to what I have seen at my daughter’s primary school.

Some posters on here need to grow a pair and accept others have genuine decent opinions that differ from theirs.

• 14 Mag52 // Nov 12, 2015 at 10:13 PM

Jail.

You know I have never said I want a return to the AP era.
    Simply that he was blamed for Ashley’s dysfunctional running of the club.
    I’d forgotten that Southampton reference. Patronizing b@gger.

• 15 expatmag // Nov 12, 2015 at 10:13 PM

Firebug

The only thing I can say about Bournemouth is that we surely cannot play that badly again.

The result was possibly a one off complete fluke, tough on them but gratefully accepted and hopefully never to be repeated performance wise.

• 16 Mag52 // Nov 12, 2015 at 10:22 PM

Expat.

There are times, like now, when we’ve two weeks between matches, that old disagreements are regurgitated. It’s all pretty harmless.
    Once we get back into weekly fixtures it’ll all die down.

• 17 lesh // Nov 12, 2015 at 10:22 PM

Inspiring words from Colo but he really needs to persuade Sissoko to think that way and play to his best in every game rather than blow hot and cold as he does.

• 18 lochinvar // Nov 12, 2015 at 10:29 PM

“Dear John”
    You know how it goes….

Haven’t heard from you for some time – the clue being the word ‘”heard” – don’t know if it’s not part of your make up or if it’s a choice not to be vocal on the pitch but a few words of encouragement to the team around you might not go amiss and I am sure the fans would lift the tempo as well.

Aunty Doris is well and sends her love.
    Will send some chocolate when it’s available again.
    Be careful if you go to that Sunderland place as I’m told they can be quite unreliable down there in all sorts of ways.
    Take care
    Your ever loving fans.

P.S. If you get the chance send us a good win over Leicester , that would be nice.

• 19 dok - the horrid colonial // Nov 12, 2015 at 10:29 PM

I happen to disagree with everything everyone has posted today…

that is all 🙂

• 20 lesh // Nov 12, 2015 at 10:30 PM

Referring to the previous thread, there was some debate about the ingrained negativity and its cause.

I’d suggest that Simpson’s picked up on fans’ cynicism and lack of confidence about Ashley’s ambition for the Club.

Add to that the fact that that same fan negativity has been there for nearly all of the eight years of Ashley’s ownership and it will surely have affected those players who’ve been around for a few years. And let’s not forget that players will have picked up on the years of underinvestment in players, particularly quality ones.

All in all, it’s no surprise that Simpson passed on that thought and he along with McClaren and the rest of the coaching crew have a massive job on their hands.

• 21 firebug666 // Nov 12, 2015 at 10:42 PM

Expat,

I have to say that after such a poor performance last time out it’s pretty poor PR from Coloccini, (the club, Bishop) to say… ““That’s why when we step out onto the field to represent your city, we do our absolute best to repay your support each and every time.”

Because if that was their best we are in deep trouble. I am happy we got the win, it was a much needed 3 points, but the whole team was a total disgrace, and McClaren could do nothing to change it.

We need to beat Leicester and put in a performance, it will be a tough game for us against a very good team.

At least we still have hope and blind faith to hold us up, even if Coloccini is trying to reduce us to gibbering wrecks with his inane comments.

• 22 Tsunki // Nov 12, 2015 at 10:50 PM

Hmm I’m not sure I’ve seen what they are trying to do though. Sorry colo. Can’t see it.

• 23 Belfast // Nov 12, 2015 at 10:52 PM

Here here expat. I do think getting rid of Tsunki would help the blog mood immensely.

Tsunki out!

• 24 manxpie // Nov 12, 2015 at 10:52 PM

nah nah lesh remember its all pardews fault

• 25 manxpie // Nov 12, 2015 at 10:53 PM

bloody hell the lesser spotted belfast!

• 26 Jail for Ashley // Nov 12, 2015 at 10:54 PM

sitc,
    I know we all welcome this new era of communication but quite frankly to hear that pre written programme note from our curly haired coward is quite cringeworthy.!

• 27 Belfast // Nov 12, 2015 at 10:58 PM

Hi manxpie.

Just keeping a low profile lately.

• 28 Jail for Ashley // Nov 12, 2015 at 10:58 PM

mamxpie,
    What do you, Moanster and Mag52 love so much about the silver haired lothario and wearer of silly glasses ?

• 29 Jail for Ashley // Nov 12, 2015 at 10:59 PM

Belfast,
    You’ve missed loads !

• 30 Belfast // Nov 12, 2015 at 11:04 PM

I haven’t even been reading the comments lately to be honest.

I think I’m just about filing for divorce.

I’ve missed Dennis twice though to be fair.

• 31 expatmag // Nov 12, 2015 at 11:05 PM

Firebug

Too true. Short memories comes to mind.

As for Sissoko, sell him because he clearly doesnt have the stomach for a fight. However, I see few top level takers, if any, for the price we would want.

• 32 manxpie // Nov 12, 2015 at 11:06 PM

ya havent been missed like well maybe a little bit

jail nothing much but the fact people blamed him for everything the players and your favourite person got away scott free

• 33 expatmag // Nov 12, 2015 at 11:07 PM

Belfast

You were top of my list.

Never liked the bloody Irish anyway…….lol……only kidding

• 34 jane // Nov 12, 2015 at 11:07 PM

before the last match i posted that there were 27 matches left and if we won, drew and lost every three games we would get 43 points which is an average of 1.33 points per match so after 1 match we are are 1.66 points up on this target! last season 43 points would have been 14th place which is 4 points and 1 place more than we got.

• 35 Jail for Ashley // Nov 12, 2015 at 11:07 PM

Dennis twice has been hacked, he’s been leaving loads of comments copied straight from the Guardians analysis section lately, makes pawl90210’s posts look like punchlines.

• 36 manxpie // Nov 12, 2015 at 11:08 PM

oh and wat really annoys me is people writing off the 5th season as shit, lucky blah blah blah
    it actually shows why people call us deluded

• 37 Jail for Ashley // Nov 12, 2015 at 11:09 PM

jane,
    yey, yey hip hip hooray !

• 38 1949BH PROUDTOBEAGEORDIE // Nov 12, 2015 at 11:11 PM

dok at 9 no 28/10 ncle 25/10 leic.

• 39 jane // Nov 12, 2015 at 11:12 PM

Jail your enthusiasm reflects the positivity that is flowing.

• 40 Jail for Ashley // Nov 12, 2015 at 11:15 PM

jane,
    Don’t let it carry you away !

• 41 jane // Nov 12, 2015 at 11:20 PM

i’m sure you will help me not to 🙂

• 42 lesh // Nov 12, 2015 at 11:35 PM

Manxpie

So it’s (the negativity) all Pardwho’s fault us it?

Ohhhhhhhh nnnnnnnno it isn’t!

• 43 lesh // Nov 12, 2015 at 11:38 PM

What’s happening here? It’s 11.35 pm and people are still awake?

Ed must’ve put some speed into his post!

Now come on all, it’s way past bed time.

😐

• 44 bladeuser // Nov 12, 2015 at 11:49 PM

50% of u lot will take this in 45% will take this in and want to kiss colos arse the last 5% are football fans with a brain
    COLO OUT

• 45 manxpie // Nov 12, 2015 at 11:50 PM

ohhhhhh yes it is lesh
    it has nothing to do with the way the club is run or that we’ve had shite squads season on season that even when we were doing well the rug would be pulled half way through the season
    and the “that’ll do” attitude also had nothing to do with the negativity it was all pardews fault he instigated everything from top to bottom so much so that after not long coming up we get a 5th finish and thats not even close to being good enough
    wat a negative that season was jesus we should have finished in the top 4 dont ya know!

• 46 manxpie // Nov 12, 2015 at 11:59 PM

oh and lesh right now everything is colos fault i’m surprised i havent seen a bring back willo post yet!

the fact that he hasn’t had a decent LB next to him since enrique seems to go unnoticed but yeah everthing is his fault now

• 47 toonincheek // Nov 13, 2015 at 1:04 AM

I wasn’t boprn a cynic.
    Naive would be a more accurate descriptiuon
    But

Anyone who believes Colo actually wrote that is a moron.

Oh – and I’m not really into name calling and generalisations either.

• 48 toonincheek // Nov 13, 2015 at 1:10 AM

Apologies for the typhos

• 49 lesh // Nov 13, 2015 at 1:27 AM

Toonincheek

Assuming your still with us, yout typhos can be cured.

Antibiotic therapy is recommended for both endemic and epidemic typhos infections because early treatment with antibiotics (for example, azithromycin, doxycycline, tetracycline, or chloramphenicol) can cure most people infected with the bacteria. Consultation with an infectious-disease expert is advised especially if epidemic typhos in pregnant females is diagnosed. Delays in treatment may allow renal, lung, or nervous system problems to develop. Some patients, especially the elderly, may die.

Hope it goes well.

😉

• 50 lesh // Nov 13, 2015 at 2:43 AM

If you’ve logged on hoping for a chat, forget it – it seems everyone’s snuggled up in bed.

Best of luck and errr, zzzzzzzz

• 51 toonincheek // Nov 13, 2015 at 4:26 AM

lesh –

I think the chure is whorse than the phroblem.

But – I’ll be your fhan fhorever and phromise to do no more than suggest you are mildly disillusioned should you ever sphrout utter fhootball chrap.

• 52 ilovetoon8788 // Nov 13, 2015 at 4:30 AM

I’m getting sick of this from our club praising the fans. Even mclaren will take about how great the fans are and they will do it for the fans etc. It’s all so sickening. He did that at Bournemouth and we are lucky we didn’t get thrashed.

Enough of all this fans talk already. Sick and tired.

• 53 jimmysmith // Nov 13, 2015 at 4:43 AM

What miserable variety of anarchic sociopathic monster would hack into DennisTwice’s account.

Dennis is a poetic genius, whether he’s aware of it or not.

His signature post will live on long, long after we are all forgotten.

• 54 toonincheek // Nov 13, 2015 at 5:08 AM

jinky –

To be fair, not many people are aware of the comic geniarse of Dennis Twice.

• 55 Average_Contents // Nov 13, 2015 at 5:20 AM

Hear hear Jimmy.

The legend that is “twice”

• 56 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 13, 2015 at 5:43 AM

Morning…

I would be surprised if Dennis Twice ever posted anything else than that oneliner!

• 57 Average_Contents // Nov 13, 2015 at 6:11 AM

Jesper

That’s the beauty of our Dennis.

No bells. No whistles.

He just says what we all want lol.

He’s quite endearing. In a weird kind of way.

• 58 Jail for Ashley // Nov 13, 2015 at 6:18 AM

Denis is the blogs stig.

• 59 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 13, 2015 at 6:21 AM

I’ll be fair and admit I have never seen the comic in Twice’s new wave version of Patton’s famous quote!

…but then again I never really paid attention to it!

• 60 TroubledToon // Nov 13, 2015 at 6:23 AM

The letter was a good read until the last paragraph…

Every single time???? Yea rite… My arse ull do Colo… Maybe once every now and then…

• 61 jimmysmith // Nov 13, 2015 at 6:23 AM

Indeed, comrade AC. The enigmatic Dennis Twice, and his most remarkable post. ?

• 62 Jail for Ashley // Nov 13, 2015 at 6:25 AM

I don’t think there is comic value in Denis Twice’s posts, just raw poetry !

• 63 jimmysmith // Nov 13, 2015 at 6:25 AM

That question mark should have been a smiley face, but I apparently lack the technical nous to execute it.

• 64 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 13, 2015 at 6:27 AM

AC…maybe I never gave Twice a ‘second’ thought 😉 because his comment always came out of nowhere and was never followed up!

…it just lingered!

Imagine being that persistent – gotta hand it to him 😉

• 65 Jail for Ashley // Nov 13, 2015 at 6:27 AM

TT,
    Utter Guff, JfK’s programme notes were more sincere

• 66 jimmysmith // Nov 13, 2015 at 6:27 AM

Absolutely, the cnuts channeling Yeats!

• 67 Ron Knee // Nov 13, 2015 at 6:29 AM

Could Dennis Dennis be Japanese? I was thinking of ‘Banzai attack!!!’

• 68 sing in the corner // Nov 13, 2015 at 6:36 AM

Ron
    No,he’s an Italian American mobster, unfortunately destined to meet his demise frozen solid in the back of a meat truck for blabbing about the Lufthansa heist…

• 69 sing in the corner // Nov 13, 2015 at 6:38 AM

Aka Jimmy two times..

• 70 jimmysmith // Nov 13, 2015 at 6:40 AM

Where’s ya soul Jesper?

• 71 Ron Knee // Nov 13, 2015 at 6:44 AM

sitc
    By coincidence: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34805065
    The man has just been found not guilty of planning the famous airport heist.

• 72 Jail for Ashley // Nov 13, 2015 at 6:47 AM

Denmark is more renowned for bacon and lager than its comedians !

• 73 Ron Knee // Nov 13, 2015 at 6:54 AM

Jail
    What about Sandi Toksvig?

• 74 Our Toon // Nov 13, 2015 at 8:02 AM

I see the sell sissoko brigade are back after he had 1 bad game in the last 4, forget the fact he got 3 assists and a goal along with some really good runs which released the pressure off the team.

This may annoy some because I think Ayoze is a very good player, but he’s a little greedy so n so as well. Plenty of times he’s lost the ball trying to do to much when others are better positioned. Mitrovic got angry with him a few times at the weekend because of the lads refusal to pass. Keep an eye out for this in future games.

The last thing we need to do is to sell any player who is in the starting XI, Obertan etc still here so they need to go first, but more importantly we need to strengthen rather than weaken an already weak squad!!

• 75 Reyantoon // Nov 13, 2015 at 8:21 AM

If you are not happy with the way the club runs,
    you can go and support mackems!!!

• 76 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 13, 2015 at 8:23 AM

Jail…how would you know if we are renowned for our comedy or not?

…that fact that you know nothing about or even one Danish comedian says more about you and British xenophobia wouldn’t you say 😉

I can name plenty of British comedians…

previous post: We´ve Given Every Player A Chance