The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

The Pitch Looks A Little Wet

4:40 pm, Monday, November 16th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 14 Comments

Here’s the Carlisle United pitch Brunton Park today after some very heavy rain over the weekend.

It looks a little damp and players will be diving  a lot if they play on that.

Such is the news on an International break. 🙂

carlsisle pitch

Tags: Other News

14 responses so far ↓

• 1 dok - the horrid colonial // Nov 16, 2015 at 5:03 PM

cisse would still find a way to be offside on that pitch….

• 2 dok - the horrid colonial // Nov 16, 2015 at 5:04 PM

in a canoe…

• 3 sparky55 // Nov 16, 2015 at 5:07 PM

Without a paddle

• 4 Mag52 // Nov 16, 2015 at 5:26 PM

Why exactly are we looking at the Carlisle United Pitch ?
    Anyone help me ?

• 5 firebug666 // Nov 16, 2015 at 5:41 PM

That’s not a pitch it’s the boating lake.

From previous:

It’s always moving when countries come together around the world in support for the afflicted, But the world has become slack and less vigilant, worrying more about money and status-ship rather than what Joe Bloggs is doing in his kitchen down the street.

I have no doubt that stories will emerge later stating that some secret agency or other knew this was being planned.

It’s sickening to think how many people have lost their lives to extremists in the name of religion, and how many more will be lost before action is taken against those responsible.

• 6 Jail for Ashley // Nov 16, 2015 at 5:51 PM

Because here’s absolutely SFA to talk about during international break.
    On Sammi, it doesn’t look lie Cardiff will take him, so unless he goes to a league 1 club it looks like we’re stuck with him next year

• 7 dok - the horrid colonial // Nov 16, 2015 at 5:58 PM

players will be diving a lot if they play on that”

will they be carded then? 🙂

• 8 dok - the horrid colonial // Nov 16, 2015 at 6:01 PM

I don’t do politics… to me, they are the root of all evil… but as I stated, being there in my hometown of nyc during our time of need, I was immensely grateful for all the love and support I received, and wanted to pass it on to our French blogmates… its a tough thing to have to live through, and I wish, as humanity, we can get all this worked out, so our children do not have to go through this type of senseless violence…

• 9 HarriboNo9 // Nov 16, 2015 at 6:04 PM

Why is a professional pitch on an angle like that ? There’s a huge dip otherwise the water would be all over pitch ?

• 10 Toon Tang // Nov 16, 2015 at 6:30 PM

Nowt wrong with a bit of surface water to get them balls gliding round a treat.

• 11 GeordieTwo // Nov 16, 2015 at 6:39 PM

That’s a lovely looking pitch/swimming pool. I want one for my back yard.

• 12 GeordieTwo // Nov 16, 2015 at 6:40 PM

Play a bit of footy at one end and swim at the other. Beautiful. Toon tang has the best comment on this.

• 13 toon kk // Nov 16, 2015 at 6:56 PM

We need Sjp set up exactly the same, our flops could be getting ripped apart as usual in the dry half, while the fans could at least have some excitement watching a duck race at the other side of the pitch. Sounds great.

• 14 will die for the toon army // Nov 16, 2015 at 6:59 PM

We were crazy to let Abeid. We wld b crazier if we let Bigi go.

I saw AFRCON game against DRC and Bigi was impressive really looked mature.

previous post: Top Players Start To Express Their Concerns