The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

This Could Be Massive Boost For Newcastle’s Game On Saturday

12:57 pm, Tuesday, November 17th, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 9 Comments

We had an article out a couple of days go suggesting (hoping would be a better word) that Leicester Cit’s top striker Jamie Vardy would not be available for the game on Saturday after he injured his hip in the last game against Watford and missed England’s game in Spain on Friday night.

Vardy is easily at the top of the Premier league scoring charts this season with 12 goals from 12 games and there’s news today from the England camp that he will not make the game tonight at Wembley against France.

jamie vardy

Jamie Vardy – unlikely to be fit for Saturday

England manager Roy Hodgson had hoped with some treatment he would be available, but there seems no way he will be ready to play tonight.

This is what Roy Hodgson has said today:

“It will be touch and go because he came with the injury and we were hoping with the days and the treatment and rest that he would be a lot better.”

“I don’t think it is, so unless there is some real change in that respect then we wouldn’t take a risk with him. That would be unfair on Leicester.“

“He would have to recover and be fit for us to play him and the chances aren’t more than 50-50.”

The hope from a Newcastle point of view is that if he’s only 50-050 today it’s probably unlikely he will be able to play on Saturday at Newcastle – especially since the treatment over the last few days doesn’t seem to have been effective.

Jamie is such an important player for Leicester that maybe they wouldn’t risk him if he’s not fully fit on Saturday.

If Jamie is not available to play against us that will give Newcastle a massive boost that we could get our third win in just five games against high-flying 3rd placed Leicester who have been doing great under new manager Claudio Ranieri.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Leicester?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Injuries · International break · International News · Newcastle News · Poll · Premier League

9 responses so far ↓

• 1 Tsunki // Nov 17, 2015 at 1:03 PM

No no no, Ray I think you have had a go at just about everyone except the spine-free toadies who side with you in fear of being chipped at by you. And where is my moral superiority being displayed? You talk bilge, my dear boy. And you haven’t addressed any of my questions about your wild inaccuracies and lack of knowledge. I’d rather be any of those things you call me than a cowardly hypocrite.

• 2 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 17, 2015 at 1:05 PM

Good afternoon Ibiza…

Maybe so, but Sissoko should be a box to box midfielder or a more defensive minded midfielder and not a winger (or what you can call it in our formation).

The argument that he doesn’t work there is not really fair cause:

a) who really does

b) God only knows what McClaren is telling him.

I am not really looking for assist or goals from him. I would rather McClaren focussed on either:

c) using Sissoko in our counter attack (because of his stamina and speed)

d) to run donn the opposition’s ACM.

• 3 jesperfuglsang - capt'n awesome of the lemon crew // Nov 17, 2015 at 1:05 PM

*donn = down

• 4 Rotonda heights // Nov 17, 2015 at 1:07 PM

It’s now after 1.00pm so I guess your delightful, ever friendly and engaging drinking head is well and truly under way for the day. Now that’s irony my friend.

• 5 Tsunki // Nov 17, 2015 at 1:07 PM

But we’ve we’ve leas leas leas thing, Ray –

It’s only the clueless few (and BandB) I have a pop at btw

..that you wilfully antagonise posters who in YOUR view are ‘clueless’ you are indeed an idiot blissfully unaware of your own limitations.

• 6 Tsunki // Nov 17, 2015 at 1:09 PM

“But we’ve we’ve leas leas leas thing,” = “But we’ve established one thing” , before going through the autocorrect mincer….

• 7 Rotonda heights // Nov 17, 2015 at 1:10 PM

It is quite fun baiting old jib.

• 8 Mister Tuff // Nov 17, 2015 at 1:10 PM

Toad and his toadlets……………………………………………..OOT
    Fawning dogs and toadies………………………………………OOT

• 9 Ibizatoon // Nov 17, 2015 at 1:12 PM

Well hello Jesper, how’s things?

I get what you’re saying. My criticism isn’t particular to Sissoko, but our midfield in general. They don’t seem to get enough goals. Whether that’s from CM or the wing is neither here not there for me, both positions should chip in more than they do.

I understand what you say too about there being more to things that stats (goals / assists), but for one of our supposed most attacking threats, it does seem low imo.

As you say, this may not even be a player issue, but a coaching / instruction fault.

previous post: L’Equipe Get It Completely Wrong On Sissoko