The Newcastle United Blog

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Howay The Lads!!

Alan Shearer Blasts Newcastle’s Performance

5:49 pm, Saturday, November 21st, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 51 Comments

The word we used for today’s performance by Newcastle – when they booed off the field after being completely dominated by Leicester City 3-0 was pitiful.

Alan Shearer decided to stick with woeful.

alan shearer latest

Alan Shearer – woeful

In any case, it was yet another utterly dreadful performance by Newcastle.

Other words Alan can use in the future in place of woeful include – pathetic, depressing, atrocious, disgraceful, deplorable and shameful.

They are all good descriptions of Newcastle’s shocking performance today.

It simply wasn’t good enough.

Tags: Alan Shearer · Match Reports · Newcastle News · Tweet · Twitter

51 responses so far ↓

• 1 Toon-Prodigy // Nov 21, 2015 at 5:51 PM

The Toon are looking for a face to front the club rather than a manager/coach to push us on…

McClaren was the one and only who would take on such a shocking job where he has got no say on choosing players. Like the rest he gets what hebis given.

Still worried on Mitrovic fitness and Thauvin…. There is a rabbit off with Thauvin, the money we have paid for him and such, what has Carr been doing, makes me think has he been making sneaky deals and Thauvin was always coming from a clause from the past or whatever. This lad is so far from Premier quality its unreal, and the money paid for him wow.

Not right.

• 2 GeordieTwo // Nov 21, 2015 at 5:51 PM

McLaren is convinced Dutch tiky taka is the way to go. Avoid the opposition goal at all costs. Right lads, form a conga line.
    We do tiky taka!
    We do tiky taka!

• 3 archaeomag // Nov 21, 2015 at 5:53 PM

woeful; adjective
    characterized by, expressive of, or causing sorrow or misery. “her face was woeful”
    synonyms: tragic, sad, miserable, cheerless, gloomy, sorry, pitiful, pathetic, traumatic, depressing, heartbreaking, heart-rending, tear-jerking, gut-wrenching
    “a woeful ballad”
    Good word Al

• 4 Ibizatoon // Nov 21, 2015 at 5:54 PM

Alan…Don’t thank me, the thesaurus is readily available.

• 5 Ron Knee // Nov 21, 2015 at 5:54 PM

Liverpool leading 2-0.

• 6 Ibizatoon // Nov 21, 2015 at 5:55 PM

Arch…Ha ha, great minds.

• 7 GeordieTwo // Nov 21, 2015 at 5:55 PM

In our version of tiky taka the pass is a short accurate one to a player on the other team. 😯

• 8 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Nov 21, 2015 at 5:56 PM

How much did Leicester pay for Mahrez? He was French league as well and we signed Cabella instead of him ……

• 9 stuart no9 // Nov 21, 2015 at 5:57 PM

its not woeful . its worse than that !

• 10 GeordieTwo // Nov 21, 2015 at 5:58 PM

You forgot uvula Ibiza mate. As in “after watching the match the Newcastle supporter strangled himself with his own uvula.”

• 11 banjax // Nov 21, 2015 at 5:58 PM

How long before Ashley steps in and hires a new chairman and manager. The chairman is too biased towards McLaren, to the point that having been reject twice by a failing McLaren whilst at Derby, he still swallowed his pride and hired a manager who was on a losing streak before he got to Newcastle. There are no excuses, take Leicester who have been transformed by Ranieri since his appointment in the Summer. So no excuses from anyone, we need to change now before it’s too late!

• 12 Jail for Ashley // Nov 21, 2015 at 5:58 PM

I don’t believe for a minute that there were “80 applicants from within the footballing world” and I do believe Mclaren was approached and they crossed their fingers that he would be sacked in May, gawd knows what the plan was if he wasn’t. What type of mentality is that where they knew that the only reason Mclaren would come is that if he was desperate, they must know that their model is flawed.

• 13 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Nov 21, 2015 at 5:59 PM

missed out SHIT
    I cannot describe that performance.
    NO movement
    No one wanted the ball
    Could not string a forward pass together
    MOM – the subs that did not get on
    Elliot OK
    Dummett – pants
    Mbemba – dissinterested
    Colo tried but give up second half
    Janmmaat – decent first half
    Oh forget what’s the use – shit, shit shit

• 14 Moonraker15 // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:01 PM

We haven’t got a proper midfield to either provide and create, or win the ball in midfield.

Anita is woeful as is Thavin, Colo, and Mitro looks like he’s enjoying the night life. and wtf is going on with de Jong? He’s worse than his brother! We’ve been shafted over him, Thauvin and Anita! Lot of money there for Championship quality!

• 15 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:01 PM

@Jail For Ashley

If Mclaren had not got sacked by Derby there would now be a website called as he would probably still be in charge

• 16 archaeomag // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:01 PM

Ibiza – ha ha ha ha sob sob sob
    moan groan foaming at the gob

• 17 Ron Knee // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:02 PM

Did you go to the match, Charlie?

• 18 Lee Charnley Bunga Party // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:03 PM

We are going to get slaughtered against Liverpool in a few weeks

• 19 Ron Knee // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:06 PM

Nearly 4-0.

• 20 JamesToon // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:06 PM

Real Madrid playing like Newcastle lol

• 21 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:07 PM

Ron Knee
    Yes I was there for my sins

• 22 davetoon // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:10 PM

Today is the day that I put aside the ‘goodwill’ that I had for McClaren, the manager who I thought didn’t deserve to be within 10 miles of the toon and who at least 20 regular posters told me often before he was appointed was a ‘very good decision’.

McClaren asked for 10 games, I have given him 13, and he had done little more than what Carver could muster had he been given the same allotment of games.

• 23 Ibizatoon // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:10 PM

G2 & Charlie…Both good additions, you might want to alert 🙂

Jail…70+ of those would have been Kinnear.

Flawed is much like the word success on here. What does it mean? I think it’s different for the fans and Ashley and that will continue to be an issue.

Someone who wants to win something doesn’t stick with Pardew. They don’t allow Carver to take the reigns, to see how he does. They don’t continue to allow Carver to show what he can do after showing how he does.

And let’s be honest, whilst not a bad manager, possibly better than the last 2, he’s not a manager you think of, if you have aspirations to seriously win something.

Arch…I can’t help but feel the club have lost their way. Whilst Steves hair is unique, it’s not a winning hair style. When will they learn?

• 24 GeordieTwo // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:13 PM

Thaujam is definitely not Prem standard. Looks lost out there. No better than Cabella (in fact worse). Dummett is not Prem standard as a left back. Tiote is out again. There was no connection between the midfield and the attack. Leicester pressed the ball immediately after losing it which we couldn’t handle. That caused a huge number of turnovers by us. Colo isn’t strong enough any more and would sit on any other team. It goes on and on. Stay tuned for more losses.

• 25 Ron Knee // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:13 PM

Was there a lot of booing?

• 26 Geremi's Prosthetic Leg Fund // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:14 PM

Disgusting performance . We’ve deserved to go down for years now, I think we probably need to to really reset. The allure of the premier league is virtually lost on me now, would far rather see an honest team make a go of it in the Champ than watch these overpaid tossers meander about under a regime that would sell it’s own Grandmother for a profit for Sports Direct. This isn’t football anymore.

Incidentally, JIB has gone very quiet.

• 27 bladeuser // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:14 PM

How many times do I and some others have to say this SMAC is useless no two ways about it u lot will settle for shit as long as it has a black and white top on u r the problem u r pathetic shitty fans who r pussy,s u deserve ash SMAC colo and all the other garbage

• 28 Ketsbaia9 // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:15 PM

I think we should fine the whole team a weeks wages for every loss. At least we’d get more effort out of the players. Ashley would retain around £500k per week.

• 29 Ketsbaia9 // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:15 PM

If we lose, you don’t get paid.

• 30 GeordieTwo // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:16 PM

Good points once again Ibiza mate. You watch, the foreheed tufty is the hair style of the future! Dutch tiky taka will sweep the league! We don’t need a new manager we just need Carver as co-coach. McCarver rules!!!!

• 31 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:16 PM

Ibiza and the rest
    Something has got to happen at Newcastle United – I don’t know but there is a malaise that is running through the club supporters and the City.
    Ma y I suggest . The club cannot keep going bumping along the bottom of the premiership with the dross that was dished out today –
    out-played on the pitch
    out-thought manager
    out-sung supporters.

May be some hard medicine has got to be taken – like double relegation – ashley sells up to supporters – bit like Portsmouth and start from scratch because this shit cannot go on!!!!

• 32 juan // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:16 PM

Will be interesting to see the poll on who was our man of the match.

Taken apart today I left after the 2nd goal went in. Garbage was the word I would describe Newcastle today. I’m not one for wanting a manager sacked but that bloke hasn’t got a clue.
    Really looking forward to a long trip to palace next week. If my mate wasn’t so insistent on wanting to go. I wouldn’t bother.

• 33 WWSBRD // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:17 PM

Newcastle awful and booed
    Vardy scores and is applauded

Awful day for football, Newcastle and the world in general

Least Sissoko looked bothered today which is nice must be starting to play for that CL move come January

• 34 Ketsbaia9 // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:18 PM

We need to sign about 10 players in january in order to stay up this season.

We need a right-back, centre back, 2 left backs, 2 wingers, a Defensive Midfielder (even though we have 4), a playmaker and 2 strikers.

• 35 GeordieTwo // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:19 PM

I fondly remember the pre-game period. It was very calm and relaxing. Lots of hand shaking and back slapping. It’s my favourite part of the matches now…..

• 36 Ron Knee // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:19 PM

You have our deepest sympathies.

• 37 Laurent Robert 32 // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:22 PM

I wasn’t even able to watch a stream or listen to the radio of the game today, so I’ve had to look on here and a couple of mates texting me.

Sounds abysmal.

I’d given him a bit of time to improve things, of which there has been some very noticeable changes, but today has got me worried that it will be a slog now. He’s not sacked from a Championship for nothing. I hope he turns it round, but it’s very worrying now.

• 38 Ibizatoon // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:23 PM

G2…Hard to see where we could go wrong really.

Charlie…I’d like nothing more than a fan discussion and all the options that are available to be discussed.

All this talk of what can the fans do is just not accurate. Whether fans actually want to do or go through what might be needed is another question. But an honest discussion on things would be interesting, and I can’t help but feel beneficial.

Our biggest obstacle is ourselves imo.

• 39 Munster Mag // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:26 PM

So….anyone want to argue with me now that Thauvin is rubbish ? No ? Didnt think so….Time for Old Man Carr to be sacked . We have had two competent managers running new castle now – Pardew ( yes him , the one that saved Palace and will have them top 10 ) and Steve – Ex England Mgr ….so he cant be all bad. The biggest problem is that our players are not good enough, and when they start to lose, their heads drop . We have seen this under Pardews reign too. They just lack spirit. I am thinking we may be better off without McClaren, who may be a bit of a spoofer ( he talked bo11ocks at Forest too and did nowt for them ) , but the real culprit in all this is Old Man Carr who chooses our dross. To see Merson afterwards say that no NUFC player could get on the Leicester team…that is worrying. And the thing is, if we had the Leics manager, we wudnt be much better off…..its largely the players we choose that is the issue….and thats why Old Man Carr has to go.

• 40 Ketsbaia9 // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:28 PM

Team for the next game:

Janmaat Mbemba Lascelles Mbabu

Sissoko Anita Marveaux Thauvin

Perez Cisse

• 41 Ibizatoon // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:29 PM

Munster…I wont argue with you on Thauvin, could go a round on Carr though?

• 42 Ketsbaia9 // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:31 PM

Ben Arfa and Laurent Robert were much better than Thauvin. Robert is a legend.

• 43 Ketsbaia9 // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:31 PM

Would could do with a Keith Gillespie.

• 44 WWSBRD // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:31 PM

I don’t think Thuavin much worse than anyone else in the squad today

• 45 Mister Tuff // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:32 PM

Wally the only manager to take us on??????. Bollox.
    Wally was the one wanted by the club – they even offered Remi Garde a 6 month contract – why you may ask – to tide things over until the summer when Wally would be available.
    Garde was correct in telling them to stick it.
    Whilst Wally seems to be a decent chap – in footballing terms he is yesterdays man.

As for the master plan only to sign 4 in the summer – that is looking like another poor judgement.
    Employing second raters will not produce first rate football.

• 46 catchy in norway // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:32 PM

truly awful performance today, 2 steps forward 3 steps back,

Janmmat some amazing passes to sissoko, then some of the worst football iv seen.

front 4 were out of touch with everything today. also think there is a lot of truth abouth Mitro partying hard right now. shame 🙁

• 47 Ron Knee // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:32 PM

I incline towards your doomsday scenario, but I don’t know how many takers you’d get on this blog!

• 48 juan // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:33 PM

I’ve said for a long time graham carr is one of the biggest mistakes we’ve made. His signings are crap

• 49 catchy in norway // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:35 PM

go back to your cave man, give the kid time, you can see he has tallent, you can also see the kid is playing in a team that has no confidence

• 50 Jail for Ashley // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:50 PM

Midter tuff,
    I honestly don’t think a proven manager would touch our model with a barge pole

• 51 toonluvva // Nov 21, 2015 at 6:56 PM

I’ve put a date in my diary for next February NOT to renew my season ticket. When LLamearse, remember him?, first proposed the 10 year deal I signed up thinking we were going places and I was prepared to give us time to build a decent squad.

Now I realise it was all corporate spin. We may (just) escape relegation, but that is the limit of Mr Ashley’s ambition.

Sadly I don’t actually expect any decent players being brought in during the next transfer window given the amout of control that Carr exerts.

So that’s 20 years as a season ticket holder about to come to an end. Quite sad really.

previous post: Newcastle 0 Leicester 3 – Video Of Goals