The Newcastle United Blog

News and Commentary On Newcastle United By Ed Harrison, A Proud Exiled Geordie And Lifelong Fan

The Newcastle United Blog header image 2
Banner created by Reilly - one of our readers
Howay The Lads!!

Can Newcastle Spring A Big Surprise On Sunday?

9:38 am, Wednesday, December 2nd, 2015 by Dr. Ed Harrison · 9 Comments

Our next game is against an in-form and surging Liverpool side and in the six Premier League games he’s been in charge of at Liverpool, Klopp has wins over Chelsea and Manchester City and has collected 11 points with one defeat – a home loss to ……..  Crystal Palace.

Including the League Cup games and Europa League games this season his overall record is played 10, won six, drawn 3 and lost only once to Palace.

So Jurgen hasn’t taken long to get going on Merseyside.

Jurgen Klopp +Liverpool+FC+v+FC+Girondins+de+vWbsoWeHXNKl

Jurgen Klopp – Liverpool manager

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Liverpool?

  • Lose (90%, 5,410 Votes)
  • Win (6%, 355 Votes)
  • Draw (4%, 214 Votes)

Total Voters: 5,979

Loading ... Loading ...

Tags: Coaching · Management · Newcastle News · Poll · Premier League

9 responses so far ↓

  • 1 firebug666 // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:40 AM

    From a couple of threads back.

    I would think that Coloccini is Ashley’s eyes and ears inside the club, and this is what makes him untouchable.

    The team swat!

  • 2 optimistic prime // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:44 AM

    I can see the team having a real go and playing their hearts out this weekend, putting in a excellent performance, we’ll only get beat 2-0

    Ashley out

  • 3 bladeuser // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:44 AM

    I think we can surprise Liverpool by getting a few throw ins in there half and maybe but it is a big maybe a corner now please don’t shoot me down for this statement I was going to say we might have a shot off target but I thought that wad taking it a bit to far

  • 4 Charlie in the Gallowgate // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:47 AM

    Salako’s comments are a damning inditment on the TOON and the direction they are going – DOWN
    Sunderland were dogged and didn’t give us (palace) breathing space but Newcastle lay down and let us do we wanted.

    God help us Sunday gonna be a hiding – maybe 7 or 8 if we take the same attitude into the Liverpool game.

    Funny – glad when season will be over ARGHHHHHHHHHHH

  • 5 jayphoto // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:50 AM

    Liverpool under klopp, and Spurs look the highest intensity sides in the league this year. They just run and press and move constantly. They both seem to have a ruthless streak in front of goal.
    Personally i can’t see how Coloccini is going to deal with Benteke or Sturridge, ones to big and the other too quick. Reckon Kane might be relishing playing us too.

  • 6 Shearer.Milburn // Dec 2, 2015 at 9:53 AM

    Somebody voted yes Hahahah that’s made my day.

  • 7 Mag52 // Dec 2, 2015 at 10:10 AM

    Rotonda.(previous thread)

    It’s not all about goal difference is it ? It’s about points and position in the table.

  • 8 south coast toon // Dec 2, 2015 at 10:46 AM

    macca will walk after this game we have no hope 90 per cent know wats coming sunday the other 10 per cent pressed the wrong button
    the players probably think it too
    once they get one in that will be that
    wtf can we do about it

  • 9 Rotonda heights // Dec 2, 2015 at 1:24 PM

    Mag 52

    watching some attacking football would be nice

previous post: Pardew Knew Exactly How To Smash Newcastle

next post: It´s Time We Heard From Newcastle´s Top Leadership